5.8

1. Mar 12, 2013
    For me really entertaining game. Nice graphic (CryEngine 3), but textures and shadows are overdate, good optimization and gameplay. Game is a lot of better than Sniper Ghost Warrior 1. Developers doesn't have budget like Call of Duty or Battlefield, but game is cheaper. Easy, linear, but entertaining. For me 7+/10.
  2. Mar 12, 2013
    This game is actually surprisingly good after the first. Please ignore GhostsofWar he is obviously a SEV2 fanboy.

Pros-- -Great Visuals (CryEngine 3 baby) -Fixed AI (Ignore GhostsofWar he must just really suck... They are smarter with their attacks, they dont see you after you shoot from 500m away with a silenced rifle, They dont detect you when you are hiding pretty close with a

Pros--
    -Great Visuals (CryEngine 3 baby)
    -Fixed AI (Ignore GhostsofWar he must just really suck... They are smarter with their attacks, they dont see you after you shoot from 500m away with a silenced rifle, They dont detect you when you are hiding pretty close with a ghillie suit, they dont have aimbots, etc.)
    -Plays a lot smoother than 1st/less clunky gameplay
    -Smooth and clean menu
    -Way more sniping knowledge needed. aka less hand holding

Cons--
    -Minor bugs, but it is only 10 hours from launch at time of writing. Patches will come.
    -Multiplayer is very fun, but that is the most bugged. Very rarely connects to lobbies, 1 game mode, 2 maps. But when you do get in -and that's what I'm judging on- its awesome. And like I said before 10 hours in... Patches will come...

Would give 85/100 so rounded to 9/10. Giving 10/10 to counter GhostsofWar's clearly uninformed review.
  3. Mar 12, 2013
    A significant improvement over the previous installment. There is still much left to be desired; City Interactive fails to take full advantage of Cryengine 3, and is still trying too hard to be like the modern Call of Duty games (Something I think we all can agree is a poor idea for what should be a more tactical game), but they've generally succeeded in shaping a sniper experience that isA significant improvement over the previous installment. There is still much left to be desired; City Interactive fails to take full advantage of Cryengine 3, and is still trying too hard to be like the modern Call of Duty games (Something I think we all can agree is a poor idea for what should be a more tactical game), but they've generally succeeded in shaping a sniper experience that is solid in both graphics and gameplay. Expand
  4. Mar 13, 2013
    It seems to me, as if all of those '0' opinion givers were Sniper V2 fanboys. Sure, SGW2 has it's flaws but it's nowhere close to '0'. They say that haters gonna hate. I just want everyone interested to know that this game is worth its price. There are minor bugs, graphics could be better, and campaign is quite linear, but usually there is more than 1 path to choose. Besides, imho linearIt seems to me, as if all of those '0' opinion givers were Sniper V2 fanboys. Sure, SGW2 has it's flaws but it's nowhere close to '0'. They say that haters gonna hate. I just want everyone interested to know that this game is worth its price. There are minor bugs, graphics could be better, and campaign is quite linear, but usually there is more than 1 path to choose. Besides, imho linear is not bad if provides sufficient amount of fun. Movies are linear and yet everyone watches them. Anyway, the game is worth a shot if you're looking for some solid sniping experience. Anything left to hope for is some DLC to expand the multiplayer part (which is still not bad atm). I'd give the game 7,5-8/10 but I'm giving 10 to counter those '0' haters. Cheers~! Expand
  5. Mar 12, 2013
    Buggiest, over hyped game of 2013. Only 2 small MP maps, and single player is a joke. Avoid at all costs. Steam forums are ripe with angry disappointed buyers. Has nothing to do with sniping, just another COD clone.
  6. Jul 21, 2013
    Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 plays over 3 acts with approximately 4 scenes per act. Graphically, it's good, having played it on the Very High setting. Textures are crisp. A number of movie clips tell the story between the acts and scenes but the video quality is somewhere between poor and passable. At the end of each scene is a summary of your headshots and accuracy. It's linear and in manySniper Ghost Warrior 2 plays over 3 acts with approximately 4 scenes per act. Graphically, it's good, having played it on the Very High setting. Textures are crisp. A number of movie clips tell the story between the acts and scenes but the video quality is somewhere between poor and passable. At the end of each scene is a summary of your headshots and accuracy. It's linear and in many instances you face invisible walls, although this doesn't detract from the overall experience too much.

I got this one on a Steam special and played the single player through in 7 hours (according to Steam) but that includes an hour or two of it being paused, so it's quite short. I didn't try the multi-player.

On the whole, I enjoyed this game. There were moments of frustration because some checkpoints are quite far apart and dying means replaying up to 15 minutes, often several times.

Combat is mostly through sniping, but you have a silenced pistol and knife for performing stealth kills. Controls are standard for FPS games. Missing a shot will often change your objective from not being detected to fight your way through, although you usually end up dead when this happens. There were one or two instances where the story forces you to fight your way through by blowing your cover deliberately.

Act III was particularly fun to play, the best part of the game. Enemy AI varies between stupid and good, a mixed bag.

If you're looking for a casual (but short) distraction and can live with the checkpoint frustration, I recommend this game to FPS fans. Grab it when it's on special.
  7. May 26, 2013
    Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 was a huge improvement of the prequel, but is still missing several things.
    The singleplayer mode was entertaining, but very linear, scripted and overall short. It barely offered any space for choices, and if so, then only "If you fail A, then do B"-styled choices. Overall, the game got very repetitive over time, but this is probably the case with every sniper-themed game.

What I did not like was your lack of choice when it comes to rifles. I personally love the SVD Dragunow (and own one myself) and would have done every mission with it, but I start with my default army rifle every time. It's slightly frustrating.

I have played through singleplayer twice and encountered several minor bugs (mission markers not disappearing, white flashes of distant textures, etc.), but nothing gamebreaking. These should not keep you from buying it.

What bothered me was the lacking stealth aspect. Explosions and dead people everywhere and the AI doesn't notice. Your partner gets shot in the head while talking on the phone to him? No reason to alarm the others.

Compared to Sniper Elite V2, it is an actual sniper game this time, even though I personally preferred SEV2's bullet physics.
  8. Apr 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I was looking forward to get this game, i liked the first one and the second sequel is great. I enjoy the headshots. The graphic is decent and the gameplay engaging as well. The DLC Siberian Strike give you more freedom in terms of making your own decision how to kill or where to go. Overall a stunning experience and the next DLC is higly aprreciated! Expand
  9. May 8, 2013
    Good game IMO, but it need more singleplayer time, Multiplayer was good but not really fun to me, so i give it 7 for the good gameplay. But the downside of the game that the campaign is kind of bad.
  10. Dec 7, 2013
    I guess I can't really see why people are hating on this game. It fit my expectations perfectly fine and well. I also don't believe my expectations to be too low. This game took in great use of the new Cry Engine 3, it was a beautiful game. It really challenged the player at various points. Of course I had it on the hardest difficulty but, I found it fun, and well irritating when i gotI guess I can't really see why people are hating on this game. It fit my expectations perfectly fine and well. I also don't believe my expectations to be too low. This game took in great use of the new Cry Engine 3, it was a beautiful game. It really challenged the player at various points. Of course I had it on the hardest difficulty but, I found it fun, and well irritating when i got stuck but, whats a game without that. You dont get that feel of success without any work. Sure there were bugs around but, please tell me a game that has no bugs. I'm not sure I really noticed anything "oh so severe" throughout the whole game. I loved the game and hope to play through it again. I really have not been challenged like this since Deus Ex on the hardest difficulty. Expand
  11. May 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Game style is pretty good, the only problem is the multiplayer mode, which is too flat, the game makes you feel in action as a real sniper. Developed using Cry engine 3 I'd say it could have more action, multiplayer mode is too flat... Always the same!! good to play in campaign mode Expand
  12. Mar 22, 2013
    bad lip syncing and voice acting, overall graphics were ok but not good. I encountered a lot of bugs while playing and it's still very scripted and linear. The sniper mechanic works great, but i expected a lot more
  13. Jul 3, 2013
    Great game! Don't understand a low ratings, I played Far Cry 1 and 3, Crysis 1,2,3 but this game was he best fun out of all of them. Very nice graphics, different locations, it's about being a sniper so you have to kill people on long distances but you also have a pistol with silencer or a knife for a close range. Now starting to play SGW 2: Siberian Strike...
  14. Mar 17, 2013
    This games does exactly what it says on the tin. If you enjoy playing the noob tube you will like this game. It does what a sequel should do and improves on the 1st game in all departments. Graphically nice, good sound through a headset and can be quite immersive if you let it. Of course if you want to race through it you can but you will miss some of the atmosphere. Not the best game inThis games does exactly what it says on the tin. If you enjoy playing the noob tube you will like this game. It does what a sequel should do and improves on the 1st game in all departments. Graphically nice, good sound through a headset and can be quite immersive if you let it. Of course if you want to race through it you can but you will miss some of the atmosphere. Not the best game in the world but far from the worst, likewise not the cheapest but not a premium release either. I was niether blown away nor disapointed, sometimes you just get exactly what you pay for. Take it for what it is, deep breath and squeeze the trigger. I prefer this to V2 (which I also like) so goes to show it takes all sorts. Expand
  15. Mar 19, 2013
    The game is underrated. If you like play a common shooter with close quarters combat, go play COD. This game is not for you, is for players that like more realistic combat. Wind, gravity, "heartbeat", everything affect you shoot. The damage resistance is to realistic, a single headshoot can kill you.
    Pros The physics is too good and the game is too realistic. . Cons There are only
    Pros The physics is too good and the game is too realistic.
    Cons There are only 2 maps in multiplayer, the campaign is short and the graphics is not good as expected for a game using cry engine 3. I know that the render distance can justify the graphics.
  16. Mar 15, 2013
    I think the official reviewer has lost his mind, didn't really play the game, or has a bias of thinking it would suck because of the first game. The new sniper 2 game is fantastic fun. Is it extremely innovative? No, but that's not how games should be judged, but only on quality of gaming experience. The graphics of the lush foliage environments are splendidly accomplished and the gameplayI think the official reviewer has lost his mind, didn't really play the game, or has a bias of thinking it would suck because of the first game. The new sniper 2 game is fantastic fun. Is it extremely innovative? No, but that's not how games should be judged, but only on quality of gaming experience. The graphics of the lush foliage environments are splendidly accomplished and the gameplay is super fun taking out russian, filipinos, and ukranians from long range. This game is meant to be played on hard if you want a true sniping experience without all the help. I really enjoyed protecting the seal teams from afar. I actually hated the first sniper game but very much have enjoyed my experience with this game. If there is one thing we've learned, don't trust reviewers (ahem Diablo 3 and Mass Effect 3, etc.). They are biased, paid off, or way too enamored with innovation. Expand
  17. Mar 15, 2013
    Τhe game has nothing to do with the previous one. Obviously the graphics and AI have improved tremendously. Playing sniper is harder than playing a simple soldier. Sure there are some cons such as in multiplayer, there are few maps. But it's so nice that the advantages outweigh.
  18. Mar 14, 2013
    The game is great. Noticed a few glitches but nothing game breaking (approximately the same amount of glitches as in sniper elite v2),the SP is linear but it's great I would prefer more of spotter-sniper moments they are really well done, AI is nothing special (FB242 has some nice lines about AI in his review) but i can't remember a fps with a good AI (yet it's much better than sniperThe game is great. Noticed a few glitches but nothing game breaking (approximately the same amount of glitches as in sniper elite v2),the SP is linear but it's great I would prefer more of spotter-sniper moments they are really well done, AI is nothing special (FB242 has some nice lines about AI in his review) but i can't remember a fps with a good AI (yet it's much better than sniper elite v2 AI if that game had an AI), the game is fluid,sound is excellent (voice acting is a bit cheesy),and the most important part sniping is excellent. Don't know why you are comparing this game with sniper elite v2 but let me join in: SGW2 has by mails a better SP campaign,sniping in both games is excellent,I did not try the MP so i won't judge it yet. don't see the point in comparing SGW2 and SE2.This game is definitely a major improvement from the first game which i cannot say for SE2 (except the bullet-cam +the mp was nice and the epic SENZA expansion).The game is 8/10 but it's getting a straight 10 to counter those '0' haters. Can someone explain the COD comparison (perhaps I don't get it because I only played 1. COD but how in the name of your god is this a COD clone?). Expand
  19. Mar 23, 2013
    The game seems to treat players like idiot. Consider the whole game as a long tutorial, as NPC will keep on yelling on what you should do. You want some creativity? NO, it's a tutorial! You will get punishment in the form of bug in scripted event, or even game crash! The game is just a linear move following a tutor until the end of game, and there are so many graphical glitches. Just too bad!
  20. Mar 15, 2013
    S:GW2 is a nice-looking, fun, fast paced game with a quick but satisfying single-player experience. I don't know what's up with all the '0' reviews it looks like a Sniper V2 message board started a campaign to discredit this game. The problems with it aren't nearly as hyperbolic as the haters allege. There are bugs, and it is more action-packed than V2, but only one of those two items isS:GW2 is a nice-looking, fun, fast paced game with a quick but satisfying single-player experience. I don't know what's up with all the '0' reviews it looks like a Sniper V2 message board started a campaign to discredit this game. The problems with it aren't nearly as hyperbolic as the haters allege. There are bugs, and it is more action-packed than V2, but only one of those two items is a negative. I wish it was slightly less action oriented and a bit more tactical, but it's nice to have a spotter in the campaign (I don't recall if V2 has a spotter, but it's a must irl). Expand
  21. Mar 29, 2013
    I like this game. I haven't noticed any glitches or play problems. I think you need very good hardware to play this with no problems. I don't like having to follow that spotter and have him call all the shots, but after playing through that mission you get away from that some at least.
    The new add-on for this game (Siberian whatever) is very good. I like it better than than the main game. It will cost you $9 and change for this add-on is the only drawback, but really that's not too bad because the main game was $29 and change. So, if you think about all the 50-60 dollar games coming out, you have only spent about $40 on this one. I really don't see why people want to trash this game with negative reviews, because this game isn't for everyone anyway. It's a good game if you like stealth and have patience. This game "Is Not" as bad as all these "0" reviews say. It looks like some kind of conspiracy to rag out this game.
  22. Mar 27, 2013
    NOW we got us a Sniper game with the additon of Siberian Strike DLC!! “IF” only CI waited the extra month and released all this together at 39.99 they would have scored much higher on reviews.. some may have reached 80/100!! I am quite content with the performance and their ability to listen to the community with the additon of hardcore and a few more Multiplayer maps! The new Campaign nowNOW we got us a Sniper game with the additon of Siberian Strike DLC!! “IF” only CI waited the extra month and released all this together at 39.99 they would have scored much higher on reviews.. some may have reached 80/100!! I am quite content with the performance and their ability to listen to the community with the additon of hardcore and a few more Multiplayer maps! The new Campaign now makes the game feel complete and a very well done campaign mission! So for the 40 bucks, which is under the cost of most triple A titles you get two missions in single player, 4 multiplayer maps and easy and hardcore modes… that is a game worth playing.. although dedicated servers would also be a big PLUS!! Obviously “Management” failed with the early release.. this team is “very” capable of making a good game and great looking scenarios! Now if they would only offer the “dismemberment” as DLC to areas capable of using it… sigh.. Thanks for the continued support CI… hope to see it continue! Expand
  23. Apr 15, 2013
    The game is more or less OK. Not good but not bad or at least not too bad either. Graphics are OK but well under expectations after the use of the Cry engine.Textures are mediocre too but the game is looking well enough. The main problem with this game is not graphics but that the game was designed by devs as a COD clone from the very beginning instead of being something new or differentThe game is more or less OK. Not good but not bad or at least not too bad either. Graphics are OK but well under expectations after the use of the Cry engine.Textures are mediocre too but the game is looking well enough. The main problem with this game is not graphics but that the game was designed by devs as a COD clone from the very beginning instead of being something new or different and as a clone it lacks in many fields. It is a very bad COD clone that even if released 10 years ago would have scored mediocre reviews. The game is so heavily scripted and linear that if you do something slightly different from what the devs programmed the result is usually always a CTD. At least in my case It CTD about 10 times during the whole SP not to mention many Graphical glitches and far too many bugs that even in one case forced me to repeat a whole chapter. The game looks like a beta and is not sufficiently debugged even after being released with one year delay. The story is completely COD- esque and void of any sense, characters are bad with low resolution textures and poor polygons and their rogdoll movements very poor, stiff and unnatural even for a 10 years old game. I liked very much the shooting physics that feel realistic enough and obviously the game is much better than the first one but not enough. what I hate the most is that the game is telling you not to be creative, not to think by your own, only do whatever the devs wanted you to do in the first place. Now figure what that was... Expand
  24. Jul 27, 2013
    While the idea is great and the need to bring a more realistic less arcade like sniper game is also a very blessed things
    Sniper doesn't do any of that well game-play is linear ,voice over isn't very good and the feel is just not there
    not to mention the fact that it is a very unstable game even loading a check point might sometimes end as a crash this game is a good idea with good
    this game is a good idea with good graphics and nothing else

don't waste your money on it I sure wont buy the next one
  25. Apr 20, 2013
    Good graphics with bad gameplay and heavily scripted AI. They dont even notice you when you're walking at their backs. The most unrealistic sniper gameplay, I mean, I'm not an official sniper but these guys don't sneak up and kill with their knives. This is like playing a stealthy mission of CoD franchise which I always disliked!
  26. May 23, 2013
    It is a good game, but the animations are not so good.

The game was short, but the MP maps are well made. There were a few glitches and bugs throughout the campaign but I liked the game.
  27. Sep 24, 2013
    Utter. Garbage.

Corridor shooter, with sniper rifle. What is the point? Sniper game should have sandbox style missions. But no, you are forced to walk in a corridor handheld, and take out idiot AI enemies. Avoid at all costs. Sniper Elite 2 is better.
  28. Nov 7, 2013
    This game stole 3 hours of my life, not saying I managed to play it that long, that would be impossible. Couldnt stand it for 10 minutes until my stomach felt sick and my brain was so bored that I actually got headache from that painly boreness I never experienced before.
  29. Dec 10, 2013
    The problem with this title is all about challenging... every time there's someone at the radio or by your side telling exactly what to do. Where to shot, when to walk, where do hide. The BIG problem is simple: it becomes a child game. Producers might think that players are completely stupid, unable to make decisions or afraid of taking any risk. Disappointing...
  30. Sep 9, 2013
    I thought this game was great mechanically and visually. The story was decent. It was nothing amazing, but good enough to keep my interest. The major problem I have with this game is its checkpoint system. Some checkpoints are so far apart, it almost feels like you have to re play a whole level if you die.

The technical aspects are all below medium. When will the sniper shooter sub-genre catch a break? [May 2013]
  2. May 7, 2013
    It’s roughly the first Sniper with all its shortcomings, including strong linearity, repetitiveness, shallow story and inept multiplayer. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.52]
  3. Apr 9, 2013
    A dumb shooter that feels like a rubbish stealth section dragged out across the length of an entire game.