5.7

1. Oct 15, 2010
    Ok, so i got this game because i love sniping. I love to calculate the bullet drop, humidity, etc, etc. It is truly an art to be a sniper. This game brings some elements of that into it, but only a few. The Good- It is a very realistic sniping game - Average story line - Average graphics. The Bad- Enemies will shoot you across the map with an automatic weapon - Enemy AI will spot you very easily. Altough, i do love getting the slow-mo head shots 500 feet away. Multiplayer is somewhat fun, but repetitive. I am currently stuck on the mission where you have to sneak past a base, and im crawling in the dark, tall grass at midnight, and the enemies on the ground still spot me, about 70 feet away. So- Terrible AI and a somewhat fun multiplayer earn this game around a 6. I would only suggest this to die-hard fans of sniping. Expand
  2. Jun 11, 2011
    possibly the worst game in the world....

crysis set the benchmark for 3d mark vantage, this game set the benchmark for the most buggy, broken, unrealistic, and just plain boring game of all time

do not buy this, in fact dont even pirate it

it gets a 1 for trying
  3. Aug 19, 2010
    This game presents a somewhat overused idea and puts you in the shoes of a sniper (hence the title). The graphics are quite nice and the gameplay isn't very good. basically, you just try to snipe people but you have to watch for variables like how many people are around your potential victim. Many other games have sniping segments (such as Modern Warfare) but they are much better than this game.
  4. Aug 26, 2010
    It doesn't seem possible for a bullet to drop 5 inches at 50meters for a high powered rifle. Too many bugs. Save your money. This game is not good.
  5. Nov 10, 2012
    Im re-writing this review after 2 years when the game was garbage because of AI. I dont know what the devs did but they certainly fixed this poblem(atleast if you put the game on steam to get patched), no longer will you be shot in heavy bush, or everyone and their mother knows where u are after a long range shot, its been fixed...man, this games good now, wish it was when i played it 2 years ago, but im replaying it now and its great, thank you devs or whoever patched this to make it reasonable. I rated this game a 5 or 4 before, now its a easy 9, good graphics, no crazy AI problems where they could see u anywhere and everywhere from 800 miles away and shoot with acuracy like they were infront of you, no its fixed it seems, thanks devs.....thats all. Expand
  6. JkG
    Aug 31, 2010
    An underrated game here. There are some big AI problems and you need half decent hardware to fully enjoy the graphics but for the sheer satisfaction of hitting a target in hard mode with the perfect shot. It makes it different to the major FPS'. City Interactive... make it again only better
  7. Sep 14, 2010
    This game is awesome! The single player is alot of fun but kind of short i think you could beat it in about 4-5 hours. The online part of the game is intense and you have to be a good sniper to survive and know were to be. I don't know why people are having problems with this game, because they are improving it all the time and adding to it to make it better. The bugs in the game aren't annoying and they will get fixed. This game is becoming one of my favorite to play. I love it!! If you have played sniper elite before then you should be right at home with this game, it follows the bullet to the target like in sniper elite but 10 times better. If you feel like your a sniper in real life and love to do it in games then you cant go wrong in getting this game. Get it if you love sniping!! Expand
  8. Dec 8, 2012
    All I wanted was a real sniper game, where it's all about hiding, finding perfect angles and delivering perfect shots. No games but this one offered me this. Forget about Sniper Elite, which is a run and gun game, far from being a sniper game: after you shoot once, enemies are running after you and you have to run and gun them. Very, very disappointing.
    With Sniper Ghost Warrior, it's
    almost never the case: you have to stay low, stay quiet and stay invisible or you'll get killed pretty quickly, or trigger the alarm and lose. Only a couple of run and gun chapters, that are actually making you relax and break lose, shooting everything that comes at you.
    Yes, there are some bugs but they don't impact the game-play to my opinion. Not quite sure why everybody blasted it in reviews. It really delivers the sniping experience to me.
  9. Aug 28, 2010
    Yes, the game is flawed in many ways, but patient gamers who like sniper/stealth missions and don't mind longish stretches of slow crawling through the tall grass to line up a perfect head-shot will be well entertained despite all the (mainly AI based) annoyances. I cannot understand the outrage over the "unfairly hard" run-and-gun portions of the game. Firstly, they make no more that 5% of the game, and secondly, the solution is very simple: don't play them as run-and-gun. Move slowly and cautiously, take cover and whenever possible stay behind your comrades who are essentially unkillable and help distribute the enemy fire. Expand
  10. Nov 6, 2010
    The game is too unrealistic. Grenades shouldn't exist, pistols should be much weaker. Maps should be much bigger, with a lot more places to hide and better concealment, generally they should have just spent more than 1 day on their maps. Then the compass simply shouldn't exist.
  11. Nov 26, 2012
    This game has/had potential. Unrealized potential unfortunately. The FOV used in the game is a bit off giving you a feeling of nausea after a little time playing. The game mechanics were okay, but the AI was terrible. The story line was cliche and rather linear.
  12. Aug 19, 2010
    Ghost Warrior VS Crysis
    FPS: 19 vs 30
    Bug: 90% vs 10%
    Difficulty: By bugs vs By enemies
    Lasting Appeal: 5%(Hard) vs 60%(Hard)

VS GTA4
    FPS: 19 vs 10
    Bug: 90% vs 35%
    Difficulty: By bugs vs By enemies
    Lasting Appeal: 5%(Hard) vs 95%
  13. Dec 29, 2010
    I bought the game on steam about 2 months ago and I really enjoyed it. The singleplayer campaign was a little short- about 4 hours long. The AI sort of juggled between being really tough (being able to spot you from across the map) to normal, to downright dumb ( not shooting at me even when Im standing in front of them). The campaign was interesting, although there isnt really a back story to it all. You're just simply there, doing the job. I give the campaign an 8.
    The multiplayer was what made the game for me. It was just damn fun to play with my friends. The sniping feels natural and realistic enough to keep me playing. Although the pistols might be a little overpowered, they are a nice addition to the sniper-based classes. You cant edit the classes though, and that is what disapointed me. I'm giving the multiplayer an 8.5.
    Overall, the game is fun, and although having bugs and other annoyances, this game should definitely be picked up by anyone who loves sniping in FPS games. Even those who dont. Im gonna give it a score of 8.5 overall.
  14. Jan 6, 2011
    I truly don't understand why people give this game such a hard time, It is really fun and totally worth the money and just to prove it I happen to own it both on my computer and my Xbox 360 It is really fun online and on the Single player, if you like to see really good graphics and just happen to love splinter cell and call of duty this is the game for you and I promise you wont regret it!!!!
  15. Dec 14, 2012
    - Nice graphics
    - Stupid AI enemy
    - Too many invisible walls
    - Unrealistic. Sniping on a enemy leg or arm = killing

Don't buy it or buy it for 3 dollars max
  16. Apr 1, 2011
    There are some AI issues, but overall, i really enjoyed this game more than CoD series. Scenery and graphics are astonishing, game-play is really good. Who likes stealth game-play this is the game. I rate games, if i lke them or do nt like them, so i give 9/10.
  17. May 6, 2011
    This game is an exceptional game, it is severely underrated because of the AI issues. Cons: The AI issues include the AI to see you from distance, people don't realize that there are bushes to hide in. Pistol issues include the pistol been very over powered, especially in the multiplayer. Multiplayer issues include: the radar shows where all your enemies are, but only in which direction they are.
    Updates, i got this after it had all its updates, and its over a gigabyte.

Pros:

Extremely realistic.
    good graphics.
    put you in the shoes of a sniper.
    Fun campaign, though a bit short.
  18. May 17, 2011
    ever thought about strapping on some camo paint and snipering some creeps...then this is the game for you,its a very realistic take on being a sniper,you get to explore a jungle environment that is very large and runs very smoothly,very good game
  19. May 26, 2011
    I read the reviews and as suggested, only bought the game when it was a Steam daily special for 5 USD. I played the game on normal difficulty and have to say that most of the reviews are misleading. This game is highly underrated. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It took me 9 hours to complete the single player game. The graphics are fantastic, but you will need a decent machine to play it on the higher settings. I did not experience any problems with AI over reacting. If you take your time, move slowly and stay hidden, you won't have any issues. If anything I must agree that the AI sometimes under reacts e.g. not getting a reaction from a guy when you have just taken down the guy standing next to him. There are many factors you have to consider when playing this game. Are you using a suppressor or will the AI hear your gun? Is the AI facing you when you make a dash across the path or road? Do you change position when your cover is blown? The quick save feature is very useful. I was caught a few times and after trying a different approach, managed to get through.

I enjoyed the few missions where I had to use an assault rifle. It added a nice change to the game. The pistol and knife were useful in close quarters situations. I hardly used the grenades. I also enjoyed the mix of sniper rifles you get to play with. I loved the fact that you can shoot through small gaps in walls and fences as well as through vegetation.

I have started the game again on hard difficulty, which has no assists and presents a whole new challenge. I can't wait!

I would give the game a 10, but there were definitely a few issues with it. The game as a whole far outweighs the glitches and I highly recommend it to FPS gamers who enjoy the satisfaction of a successful sniper shot. It is definitely one of my favourites.
  20. Aug 25, 2011
    AI has reality issues. Graphics are nice. Very long setup work is nice (take your time to set up a shot.) The game, one of very few sniping games, is probably the greatest out there for just sniping. When I played it, I thoroughly enjoyed it. With that said...

This game is run via STEAM. Steam just updated something and now, I cannot even load the game nor issue a trouble complaint to
    them. Read this carefully, Steam: I will NEVER ever ever buy another game if it is associated with Steam. As much as I like Sniper Ghost Warrior, I am uninstalling it along with Steam and will do my best to pass my opinion on to others. If I buy a stand alone game retail, I don't want anyone screwing around with it. Steam has done this. Expand
  21. Oct 9, 2011
    i dont see were theses critics get off on putting a negitive review on Sniper Ghost Warrior it a great game i love it its got great graphics to it i love the work they put into it they need to play the game before they give negitive reviews but i hope one day before i get to old i can be a game designer because i got an idea for an awsome game that every one would love.
  22. Nov 11, 2011
    silenthunter
    well I love the game it a good sniper game,
    I have had no bugs at all, runs well, I just wish the bodies would stay around lol.
    cant wait for number 2
  23. Dec 6, 2011
    Awesome game! Really nice screen shots specially when you take a head shot the enemy taking the bullet it's quite realistic and fun! it is just like the trailer! Perfect graphics, but you need a good config to enjoy all of it. Several game modes, including multiplayer, story play, solo campaign, etc. if you want so play as a real sniper i think this is THE game. Muito bom recomendo a todos! very good recommended to all! Expand
  24. Dec 30, 2011
    hi. i bought this game because i prefer sniping. When i first got it, i loved it. Tryed it a second time, didn't love it. When i played it a third time, i watched for all the things that made it wrong and right. First, the right. I thought it was good how I had to use cover, stealth, and precision firing to reach my objective. I also had to think about my next move. The missions were good, exciting, and different(at first). The wrongs. First, the most important, the A.I. I don't remember what mission it was but, I was sniping a convoy from a lighthouse. The enemies were 1000 yards from me, firing full auto at me, and i was getting hit left and right. Then i took cover, and one of my little toes was not in cover, and they were still hitting me, ON EASY!!!! Next, the A.I has eyes of a hawk. If you make the slightest motion, BAM!!, everyone and their uncle is shooting you. If you want a below average game, buy it. If you want a good game, don't. The only complaint is that the A.I is terrible, the missions are boring after 1 time. Expand
  25. Jan 15, 2012
    Garbage! Graphics look nice, concept seems great, execution is horribly lacking. Gameplay is clunky, AI is absolutely horrible, multiplayer is tedious IF you can find a server with people playing. Not even worth it on a Steam sale.
  26. May 5, 2012
    It´s a very interested and good game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  27. Aug 21, 2012
    I had low expectations when i started this game but after 10 min i was hooked. Sneaking around in a beautiful jungle taking down enemies one by one as silent as possible seemed great. The game was gorgeous to look at and the sniping was incredibly satisfying. There were some bug and invisible walls here and there but the overall experience was great. One hour later and all of that had changed. The AI in this game is truly horrible. At times the AI will be incredibly dumb and will barely notice you while you are walking beside them. Making the game beyond easy on the hardest difficult setting. And at other times the AI goes into full god mode being able to see you and shoot you in bushes several hundred meters away. This gets especially annoying on the missions where you play as a normal soldier since they are more linear, and lets not even talk about the friendly AI. I would go as far as to say that the game is broken on the harder difficulty simply because of the AI. If you are not looking for a challenge and simply want to cruise around the islands shooting bad guys then you can still probably have a good time with the game, otherwise i would recommend that you stay away from this game. Expand
  28. Jan 11, 2013
    This game has a lot of potential in certain areas. However a very poor story and a few poor mechanics really hold the game. It could be worth a shot, one moment it is quite enjoyable and the next an invisible wall is stopping you from hitting someone.
  29. Nov 15, 2012
    didn't like the game at all . i am sorry for the 5$ i payed for it.
    game is very slow and bad and not interesting at all.
    i am a big fan of sniping but the game disappointed me.
  30. Dec 27, 2012
    I find this game very entertaining.
    i Love the realisim in it.
    I do find the parts when you have to be stealthy or use a machinegun/pistol a bit challenging (probably because its made for a sniper), but the sniping makes up for it.
    i dont think this deserves 55/100, probably like an 70-80 (i did 9 to try and bring it closer to what it deserves)
  31. Jan 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Loving the sniper missions in comparable games, i read the average reviews but still decided to buy this game in sale. (through Steam). I have mixed feelings about this game. In the playability it seems that it hasn't been tested properly before releasing it. Lots of little things that sometimes are a bit frustrating. For example getting shot in the blink of an eye by normal weapons when you are sniping from a great distance. Also, the sudden end of the game of the campaign, after about ten hours of playing, makes you think that the designers were suddenly out of budget (or inspiration). Compare it with a B-film, you will want to watch it if you like the genre, but otherwise you might as well skip this one. Please let me know if you find this helpful. Expand
  32. Apr 18, 2013
    I like being a sniper and this has bullet drop and wind to take into account. Except, it doesn't it works it out for you and puts a little dot on the screen. The first mission opened well and I was enjoying it, it looked ok the plot was bull but you get used to that.

Then I got to the oilrig mission, no sniping, just a badly implemented run and gun, and is it me or are the AI either
    brilliant or idiots? Amazing shots at huge ranges but dumb as a post when you shoot the bloke next to them.

Invisible walls and getting caught on the scenery didn't help. Neither did the semi-QTE's (shoot NOW!) or how the AI can hit you 300m away with an AK and you cant shoot back because the screen's shaking.

Avoid.
  33. Apr 28, 2013
    I got this game because I love sniping, camping and taking down the enemy without him knowing where I am is the only thing I love in shooters. But this is a game that would be average in the 1990's.. The AI is so simple and dumb; even if you are 3 miles away sniping, if you are not hidden in dense vegetation, they can see you and have a perfect accuracy with machine gun while you try to snipe them! You can't take 3 steps without getting a collision bug and that is not exaggerating.. You will either walk through big rocks or will get stuck on a perfectly flat floor, plus you can't "climb" stairs crouched.. You can spot enemies on your radar but even after 6 hours of gameplay, you wont know how it works cause it sometimes automatically reveal them a mile away and sometime having the NPC 2 meters in front of you in plain sight wont still show him.. You will have more fun playing CoD or Crysis and adapting your play style then playing this. Avoid the frustration, bugs and the game! Expand
  34. Jul 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you have ever played a Tom Clancy game, whether it is Raven Shield or Las Vegas, perhaps you really liked that one mission in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare where you use a high powered sniper rifle. Perhaps you loved the free roaming and sniping from the original Crysis, Far Cry (either of them) and felt that maybe there should be an entire game dedicated to sniping; then you should stick with those games. Sniper: Ghost Warrior is the first game to incense me to such a point where I felt I needed to review it simply to let people know what a truly awful game this is. Unlike the aforementioned Rainbow Six games the sniping never really feels, tough. You are seldom worried that a single bullet will end your existence. On the other hand the lush overgrowth and jungle setting may tempt you to think that maybe you've found Sniper's Farcry or maybe Crysis. However the pervasive invisible walls and glitchy AI will swiftly end that dream. Certainly the original Farcry had it's own faults, but the levels were so expansive that you could forgive the goons that seemed to spot your brightly coloured hawaiian shirts from several kilometres off because at least the game didn't fence you in so tightly. Of course in this game there are no super suits, you won't have the advantage of a cloaking device, but you have the next best thing if COD: MW has taught us anything; a ghillie suit.

However this ghillie suit must have been made by acme, because it seems about as effective as the hawaiian shirt you wore in farcry for avoiding detection. In some levels it does work, but in others even looking in the direction of a goon will end the mission immediately as someone sounds an alarm.

Now don't get me wrong, I gave this game a 1, not because of the graphics - Crysis did graphics better. But because of the delightful sniping mechanic, this game on easier settings gives you a dot which changes position and often doesn't match up with where your cross-hairs point and indicates where your bullet will end up. Should you score a headshot then you get a slow-mo recap of the shot (assuming you left that option on) and the path your bullet took, you can use this to scout out enemies hidden behind objects or near your victim - and this is enjoyable. The problem is that your enemies act unpredictably. Sometimes they'll notice their colleague drop and then by immediate psychic connection open fire on your position - sometimes from miles away. Given your weapon is almost always silenced one has to wonder how the hell they could tell where the bullet was fired from. On other occasions they won't even notice, or they will get stuck in walls or tents searching for you. Another problem is material penetration, given your weapon of choice why do flimsy walls often stop your bullet even at close range? This game is terrible. It isn't worth buying even during a steam special, the company that made this game do not deserve your money no matter how little it is. The story isn't worth your time of day, the stealth mechanic certainly isn't, and the hours of frustration at the invisible walls and linear paths, dodgy AI and only slightly enjoyable sniping mechanic are not worth it. Buy a better game, get Farcry, replay COD: MW, check out any of the Rainbow Six games because they are all better shooters, have better storylines and less flawed gameplay than this piece of rubbish.
  35. May 26, 2013
    Disappointing. This graphics and sounds in Sniper Ghost Warrior are quite nice and the actual sniping is fun as well. Unfortunately, that's all there is. There is no sneaking around trying to find the perfect shot, the game holds you hand and guides you through a safe path on every "sneaking" level and puts you in position to succeed every time. There is no player choice. Also, only about 60% of the game is sniping. The remainder is CoD-esque firefights where you're forced to use an assault rifle (which are complete garbage) to get through the level. These are easily the worst experiences in the game. The weapons are so bad, and the effects are so horrid, that it makes playing through these levels an absolute chore. On top of all this, the game is riddled with bugs and glitches. Sound become de-synced, graphics, glitch, AI derps, it's all there. Sniper Ghost Warrior is an average game that becomes below average due to the massive amount of bugs present therein. Expand
  36. Jun 27, 2013
    This game is generally terrible.

The controls manage to be stiff, even at 60 fps with mouse and keyboard controls. Animations are wooden, and the AI is remarkably bad. I really have no idea how the AI can be just this terrible. Sometimes enemy guards will see you randomly and raise the alarm, even if you're half a mile away buried under bushes and dense grass. Other times, you can dash
    across a road right in front of them without alerting them. Broken AI is unforgivable in a game about stealth and sniping.

Enemies themselves are pathetic in fights, and it should be simple for any gamer to simply kill everyone. It's easier than trying to sneak through, considering how bad the stealth mechanics are.

The final nail in the coffin is that Ghost Warrior is heavily scripted. Your character will do things without your control in mini cutscenes, and usually it ends up landing you in trouble or setting you up for an especially broken mission where every enemy is automatically aware of your presence.

I can't give this game more than 3.
  37. Nov 18, 2013
    When you're solely sniping this games is fun, but every other aspect of the game fails or it is broke. Its ultra linear and ultra scripted at times, so don't do it a certain way and mission failed.
  38. Aug 12, 2012
    The graphics were amazing! The maps are huge... Everything else is just FLAWED. Somehow on maps bigger than the planet earth the game is still extremely linear. There is no such thing as stealth, you can be 800 meters away from a target and feeling stupid about taking that precaution.... until everyone in that general direction starts abruptly **** bullets at you for no reason what so ever. You lay in the grass and you will never see anything again, partly because the grass is too damn high and you have NOTHING to help you see better, and partly because concealing yourself is the same damn thing as screaming at the top of your lungs. You can try to go to the edge of the grass if you haven't already been seen by everyone on the planet earth while trying to keep concealed but **** it if you're not dead already you're going to be, cause the only way to see out of the grass is to BE out of the grass. Now lets climb **** on the way to our objective which, by the way is not even disclosed. **** IT, LET'S JUST SHOOT **** I had high ****ing hopes :(

butt-hurt ensues.
  39. Jan 5, 2013
    This game is a sub-standard FPS but worse. Some of the worst A.I i've ever seen, horrible levels, glitches, a non-existent story with a laughably bad ending, there's not a single thing that this game does well. Sadly, everyone bought in on the sniper gimmick and now a sequel is on the way.
  40. Jul 13, 2013
    Another great city interactive experience.

It's ugly,it's broken,it's a hallway,it feels like a cheap cod ripoff.

That's it for you.

Don't even consider playing it.
  41. Apr 29, 2013
    The main issue with the game is that it's a bad shooter and that this portion is too big in the game.
    On top of that it's hard to make out enemies when your mission involves killing 20 of them which are really angry and they hit you from 200 yards away with assault rifles, no problem.

The run and gun missions are the worst, you can't make out enemies because your gun blocks half the
    screen and it keeps spraying everywhere. Expand
  42. Jan 15, 2013
    I know the game developers who made bad games like Code of Honor or Terrorist Takedown,but i found out this game are a bit inspiring,but sadly its kinda poor.The good thing is how this game needs to be focused in Sniping,well die-hard fans of Sniper will like this game for sure,and other thing is this game are much better than previous title made by City Interactive.Thats all for good stuff...now for the bad stuff.The Graphics,i don`t know but this company is famous of being Unpolished game and Unoptimized.I seen Call of Juarez are much playable that this game.AI on this game are kinda poor,they instantly know where do you hide.And the gameplay,much i said about Sniping,there are Close-Quarter gameplay,and its like Code of Honor but without sniping and the weapons are Non-Recoil...LOL!
    But anyway,this game is mixed-bag.
  43. Oct 5, 2010
    I think the game is really good. Especially the single-player, its with nice weapons but the story is a classic with one hero, you. And when you kill someone they don't immediately sound the alarm. The on-line really ruins the game much bugs and the more you kill you don't unlock weapons or things like that.
  44. Apr 16, 2012
    A not of a hit and miss game. I myself enjoyed the single player campaign if not just a little frustrating in some places. The bullet time kill can was a great addition and the graphics still hold they're own to this date. If you like action FPS with a bit of sneakiness it is definitely one to pickup and play, even if its for one play though.
  45. Nov 21, 2010
    An ok game, good graphics but some Ai issues always keep presenting through out the game.
    To start with positive the maps in this game are excellent and look amazing.
    on the bad side the Ai can see you from 300 m away and have unrealistic aim with an assault rifle that can make you a dead man real quick, this takes away the stealth of hiding in a bush or on a cliff.
    The only only thing
    that was extremely satisfying was the bullet cam, So this is why I rate it 6 out of 10. Expand
  46. Nov 28, 2010
    This game is..... Bad, the graphic is normal and: difficult- 10/100 bugs- 80/100 (at least) and it also got less selections. the pistol is so powerful.... the sniper is a bit weak,,,, over all its normal.... looks like they have been making less effort on the multi player but a lot more effort on the singleplayer...
  47. Dec 11, 2010
    This game requires a very good video card, if you can run Battle Filed Bad Company 2 Pc, you can run this game. My Geforce 6600 can run this game around 15-20 FPS. So if you have anything over that you should be ready to go. The Multiliplayer is very very limited, you cant edit your classes and there is only about 5 classes to choose from. I feel that people use the pistols and grenades more than the accusal rifle. The campaign is pretty good, better then the MP, but it has its bugs as in, lack off narration causing the player to get lost sometime. Over all I rate the campaign and 8 and the MP a 6 so over all a 7 Expand
  48. May 27, 2011
    Decent FPS if you immerse yourself in the role of trying to be stealthy. If you just run and gun it can be quite disappointing. The enemy AI is really the weak point of the game. They can spot & shoot you from across the map and if you shoot one in a group, the others just seem clueless as to what is going on and just wait for you to shoot them too. Your rifle shots essentially go unheard; enemies don't enter a state of awareness after you shoot from distance. Your own squad immortally absorbs bullets and never die. The bullet-cam is pretty cool feature and the game has respectable graphics. Good bargain bin shooter. Expand
  49. Mar 15, 2013
    Do you want a sniper game with 100% linear corridor levels? With heavy handholding so you can't go where you want and there is a permanent white circle showing you where you must go? Where the enemies can jog and fire automatic weapons from the hip at you, and hit with every single bullet even though you're behind hard cover and you don't die, but also can't fire back because the screen jumps every time you're hit? A sniping game with bullet drop and wind effect, but also an indicator which shows you exactly where the bullet will hit, and where you constantly find yourself running & gunning instead of sniping? A game full of invisible walls and impassable straws of grass?

Man, do I have good news for you this is the game you want!

Everyone else should stay the frack away.
  50. May 24, 2011
    This game is under-rated! If you enjoy playing call of duty games, you might enjoy this. It is basically like call of duty except sniping and a few assault missions here and there. This game has awesome graphics! On par with Far Cry 2. Recommended for those who enjoyed Call of Duty games.
  51. Dec 27, 2012
    Sniper Ghost Warrior is really satisfying for gamer that enjoy sniping. And yes this game is totally underrated. The City Interactive team did a good job on the Chrome 4 Engine and the atmosphere and background music is just great. Looking forward to buy Sniper Ghost Warrior 2.
  52. Jul 11, 2011
    Oh goodness -- the sniping in this game is fantastic. It is the best in any game I have ever seen. It is very beautiful -- one of the prettiest games I have seen. I think that this game is fantastic, save for one flaw. I can only think of one flaw with this game. The AI. It is the absolute worst thing I have ever seen. The AI instantaneously see (this is on hard mode by the way) you if there is a direct line of sight (as in no walls). Now, you may be thinking "Okay, not bad, so they see you." They also DON'T MISS! They instantly see you, even if you are in bushes. Meaning you cannot see them. They don't miss. If you poke your head out -- you die. That is it. Simple as that. The only reason this game is not a 10 is because they let a braindead monkey on crack program their AI. I tried the level where you stand on a hill with the machine gun and defend yourself for a few minutes 30 time before I gave up on the game. It is nigh on impossible, because once you finish (which is not that hard once you get on the machine gun) a guy randomly spawns in a bush behind you and instantly kills you. Every time.

Great game save for the worst AI I have ever seen.
  53. Aug 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I purchased this game from Steam when it went on sale, as I do with all my games. I was very happy with the game. The graphics were great, I love how they didn't overdue it with the color hues. Too many games create washed out colors in an attempt to create atmosphere (GRAW 1&2, Far Cry 2, etc.) but this had a very realistic feel to the environment, visually speaking. Now when it came to movement around the environment, there are a lot of invisible walls. Some areas will allow you to crawl under, say a tower, but then in another area it won't let you go under the same kind of tower or some ledges you can make your way up but other, similar, ledges your denied access. This was, no doubt, to force you down a path the level designers wanted one to go. But, inconsistencies like this, can make the game slightly frustrating, from time to time, and reminds you it's just a game. Also, not being able to jump a four foot fence or ledge was a let down, especially when it's the only thing standing between you and the next target. The player's character animations seemed unfinished. When you approach a wall your character lifts up his gun but then when you crawl on the ground the animation looks the same as when you are standing, just a lower POV. And for a game that requires a lot of crawling, this is a bit of a disappointment. I never had any of the problems of the A.I. spotting me when I was hidden, unless I took the shot when they were looking in my general direction. But, there are times when the A.I. is dumb as a rock. This just makes it fun to snipe yet another enemy. ;) Some levels don't seem like they would work without the A.I. being dumb. For instance, on the stage â Expand
  54. Jan 15, 2012
    This game is super fun, though it may lack in story a bit it doesn't have the technical difficulties of say Crysis aka Crashis. It runs extremely smooth on my ASUS G72GX. Part of what makes a game great is that it is fun and lag = no fun. Ive seen no lag with this. The slo-mo bullet scenes remind me of Fallout3 or New Vegas VATS shots and such but better. The game is fairly big if you take your time with it, it definitely wasn't meant to be rushed through. One example of the realism in this game is if you've been sprinting and stop to shoot your vision is slightly blurred depending on how long you have drained your stamina so you will have to wait to make a clear shot. There's much more but i will just say if you like sniper games get this. Expand
  55. Feb 4, 2014
    PC FOV is unbearable, and there is no fix, not even by editing files. Developers on Steam not only refuse to acknowledge that it needs to be fixed, but also make jokes (some sexual) about the people asking for a FOV fix.
  56. Jan 2, 2012
    I got this game about around the time it came out, and i have to say, it is a ok game. It does have it's up's and down's but what game doesn't? The AI problem of them being able to spot you is a big problem, and from what I experienced the only major problem, also the maps are some what small. one last thing, it's funny how people are saying CoD is better than this game, even though CoD is even less realistic, and has a just as average run of the mill story line. Expand
  57. xcx
    Jan 10, 2012
    Under rated game. One of the best sniper games I've played in a while but you will need a descent gaming system to enjoy the graphics. Multiplayer is pretty good although I'm thinking of getting the map pack. Enjoy
  58. Jan 21, 2012
    OK, so i got this game because i was going overseas for 2 years, and i scored a racer, an RPG, an FPS and a strategy. Got this as the FPS obviously. Firstly was greatful to see that the graphics ran high on my laptop. The scenery is stunning and love the ragdoll effect on dead enemies. Weapons are awesome and recoil and bullet drop add some fun. Only played through once and that'll be it. i couldnt wait to finish it, which is a shame! the AI is frickin retarded. stealth means knife kills. even if u shoot someone with a silencer on, you can be heard from 200m away, but not a knife kill and the body falling. hell a body can fall next to a dude and he doesnt know. second, even though you can barely see enemies, they can see you. acting normal, then all of a sudden from 100m away and from behind they spin around WTF? made some missions, esp when ur escaping very hard. i thought the vegetation would cover you enough but these enemies are superhuman, they can even hit you at 300m with a full auto ak 90% of the time. some things they do are ridiculous, others are just plain stupid. would be good to also see some map areas accessible - like i cant crawl under a 2ft gap if its not in main map but i can slide 50m down a hill and be fine??? if vegetation was fully effective and AI was smart (they just duck up and down after you shoot a guy next to them) this would be a mad game. sadly one i wont be playing again. Expand
  59. Mar 13, 2013
    This is not a bad game. It really isn't. Despite all it's bad reviews, and all the flaws the game has, I've yet to see another game offering the same kind of game-play. Being completely stealth in the jungle, slowly making your way forward, and taking out those who are in your way, without anyone every knowing who it was. Killing in this game is really satisfying, and the bullet kill-cams is awesome. Although this game have some serious issues regarding the AI. Sometimes they're just too stupid, and sometimes way too smart. It's really random how some can detect you hundreds of meters away, when you're barely moving and with full camouflage. Also really random how they sometimes don't see you when you're just in front of them. The one thing that ruined the game for me, was the missions where you had to use Assault rifles. When you aim down your sights with an Assault rifle, the aiming feels so rough, and clumsy, and not smooth at all, which, even in the hands of a pro FPS player, would make it hard. And a mixture between extremely random AI, and bad guns, are a REALLY bad mixture. But all in all, this game is good, and i like it, only on the sniper missions though. There is unfortunately a few missions where you do not use snipers. I thought it was a sniper game. If you see this game on sales somewhere, and you love sniper games, i must say i recommend this game. Because, as i said, despite all the flaws, it makes up a pretty good sniper game for those who like stealth sniping. Expand
  60. Mar 29, 2013
    Sniper: Ghost Warrior is not great, the story line is boring the game-play is not great, on the plus side the graphics are really good. If you like crappy story lines and great graphics then buy it, other than that this is not a game I would recommend.
  61. Apr 7, 2013
    This game was amazing back in its time, I don't know what your all complaining about buggy and laggy because me and my friends and everyone who used to play the game with me had no issues, the only reason it would be buggy is because you don't know what real gaming systems are and you'de probably be using a dual core processor with a Nvidia gt graphics card made in 2007. I used to play Lan lobbies with my friends and it was so much fun, I cant wait to buy Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 I'm sure it will be just as good as the original. Expand
  62. May 16, 2013
    I don't know how to express how much I like this game. The graphics are gorgeous, Even if its buggy, the mechanics are the best, it's a real first person sniping game. For real men.
  63. Jul 16, 2013
    Unbelievable how much I am liking this game. All the understandably previously described bugs and pro/user/review/complaints are fixed.

First it was heavily criticised for checkpoint saving. Reviewers reported traversing long distances dying and having to do it all again. NOW it's F5+F9; it's been updated to quicksave and quickload. Perfect. Plus there is SAVE and LOAD when you press
    Esc for the in-game menu.
    Second the A.I. The complaint was that it was too lame, then too accurate at long distance even when you were camoflaged. FIXED. I estimate the A.I. is about the same as you would find in Crysis.
    Third, that the pistol was overpowered. I have to disagree with that. It's nice that two clean shots can kill, as it should be. Sometimes you have to make more shots anyway.

Moving on though, the graphics are lovely. It's set in the Amazon jungle, and looks exactly like a blend of Far Cry and Crysis. Sadly there is no 'antialiasing' in the video options so you can expect a few jaggies. It should run fine on very modest graphics cards. A GT240 type graphics card should max it all.

Just because it's a sniper title, doesn't mean slow gamplay: the game moves at a lively pace. It's moderately intense, involving, and exciting. There is an auto slow-mo replay of some of the headshots you make, and watching the physics is great. Overall the shooting has plenty of rewarding take-downs.

If you look at it and think even vaguely "Maybe a sniping game would be good", you could love this.

My score of 8/10 is really about 84%. I knocked a few points off for the following. 1 Mounted heavy guns are very loud and recoil on them is phenomenal, but luckily you use them rarely. 2 'No anti-aliasing' in video settings'. 3 There was a moment when I got stuck, and it took me about twently minutes to work out why. All I needed to do at that point was make two more kills, before I could descend from a ledge. 4 -'THE INTRO SCREEN HAS A BUG' so you can't watch the introductory video properly. The bug shows only the lower half of the video, while the upper half of the screen is blacked out. Fear not though because the game, and all the menus are complete.

I paid £0.89 for it on Steam's current sale. At full Steam price of £6 it's still a generously priced buy. I will buy Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 before the 2013 Steam Summer Sale ends. Buy SGW quickly in case Steam up the price since it works now, and that word might spread. You will be buying a solid shooter, and the gun...seriously..!
  64. Aug 14, 2013
    I like several others got this game because I enjoy sniping and stealth games. This game was a lot less stealthy than the title would lead you to believe. Much of the action felt like run and gun rather than sneaking into careful positions and taking a target out. While some missions were based on stealth you were punished in other ways. The story wasn't terrible but nothing special about it. It comes out to about what you would expect from a military operation. Expand
  65. Jan 7, 2014
    The pre-upshot: Sniper: Ghost Warrior still goes alongside the rumours and my own opinion and forecast; It's all show and no substance. Graphics: The game looks great and has superior light- and shadow-effects, no doubt about it. It's in my humble opinion on the same level like OF:DR², CoD4 a little bit more than BF². But it appears to be a bit delicately don't know how to convey it. It doesn't seems to be robust and full-fledged like 'Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare'. There are often skippin' textures, flickering and stuff like that (which it's not driver/graphic-cards dependent). AI: One word; Measly. The AI is disastrous, it's simply in-existent. There are unbelievable scenes and things which aren't acceptable. Bugs/Gameplay: You care for an example? The situation: I tried several times to invade and cross a village while remaining undiscovered, so far the plan. Notwithstanding the grass is about 3 feet tall and i prone in my almost magical 'Special SpecOps Marksmen Sniper camouflage suit' which is pretty cool and a soldiers dream to look at it i got a head-shot from 800 meters for free. So i decide to make the Rambo. I went to engage the village with all the fire-power i got, and as obvious and loud as possible. In the end, you probably guess it; I watch in awe two enemies shootin' for whatever sake a freaking stone and foist the stones dead? I knifed both. Any questions ? In general the AI gets and hits you, wherever and behinds whatever cover you are mostly with a headshot. Stealth-Meter: It makes no difference if you're well covered in endless-tall grass or behind the thickest wall, or if you're roam freely on the highest exposed places. The Cover-Meter (witch is [at best] useless) indicates me on the first situation i was exposed and on the other hand i was nearly invisible. Freely exposed while hidin' hundreds of meters away in grass or behind walls. And virtual unseeable staying on-top of a HMMWV while shootin' at an enemy just a footstep away. No further questions, Your Honour. Performance: The performance is abysmal. The graphic is, let's say, 2008's measures adapted and meets barely todays standards. But the for this purpose needed performance and processing power, speechless. And no, i didn't forgot the multiplayer. It's just not worth mentioning. My conclusion: Sniper: Ghost Warrior joins seamlessly today's line-up of games which got nice graphics but crappy and buggy gameplay/AI/whatsoever. From this point of view, it's dure but true, S:GW puts itself on the same level as SC:C, CoD:BO, OF:DR² and so on. All that glimmers isn't gold. Expand
  66. May 26, 2011

1. Jul 12, 2011
    It's one of the good sniper games out there, providing hours of fun. The low price suggests a good bargain, which it is, but just don't expect a premium title.
  2. Dec 20, 2010
    It looks good and it feels good at points but I'm afraid its shortcomings are going to make it a forgotten title.
  3. Budget purchase at best. [Sept 2010, p.58]