Special Forces: Team X PC

7.1

1. Mar 7, 2013
    The game is a 3rd person shooter, its quick, energetic and fibrant. It rewards teamplay and is not the kind of game "campers" will do well in. I actually like the game a lot.

The down side is that i've had my data wiped and ive been reset back to level one a couple of times. Also the playerbase is small, so getting a good game can be difficult. All in all i'd recommend this game, its

All in all i'd recommend this game, its quite cheap and is fun when you get in a good game.
  2. Feb 12, 2013
    Good game. Unless the player base grows, small issues are fixed, and new content is added, however, this game will have no staying power. Coolest feature about the game is that sticking close to your team mates earns you an XP multiplier. The longer you stay close to your team, the more it grows and the more XP you get for kills and support actions. Never before have I played an onlineGood game. Unless the player base grows, small issues are fixed, and new content is added, however, this game will have no staying power. Coolest feature about the game is that sticking close to your team mates earns you an XP multiplier. The longer you stay close to your team, the more it grows and the more XP you get for kills and support actions. Never before have I played an online shooter where strangers cared about sticking together and working together this system works. Additionally, active skills provide short term bonuses to those currently in your "team" when activated. Another neat feature is the ability to "build" the map in the pre-game lobby. Once you select your gear, an overview of the map comes up divided into three sections. Players vote on which prefab assets they want to occupy each of the three slots. Awesome concept, but the small amount of assets to choose from and the lack of diversity between them means you WILL play the same map twice. Other than that, this is your standard progression based online shooter with a third person cover mechanic and there is nothing wrong with that. This game deserves more attention than it is getting and I hope more people give it a chance so the developers continue to support it. Expand
  3. Feb 14, 2013
    This game is alright I enjoy on how this games combat is like and the map switches, but several issues keep on occuring while playing that need to be improved, and also the gear doesn't have much point in getting, and the stats on the guns make no clear sense on the weapons peformance. Basicly this game is going to get boring, and lame real fast for some people unless new updates aboutThis game is alright I enjoy on how this games combat is like and the map switches, but several issues keep on occuring while playing that need to be improved, and also the gear doesn't have much point in getting, and the stats on the guns make no clear sense on the weapons peformance. Basicly this game is going to get boring, and lame real fast for some people unless new updates about fixes are made asap. Expand
  4. Feb 25, 2013
    Pros: buttery smooth controls very fast paced for a 3rd person shooter neat map concept (3 different tiles gives you some variation) some great animations (any of the melee kills/ headshots) sound design is quite nice Cons: Attack dog is glitchy, spawns are glitchy (you'll spawn in the middle of fights sometimes) -Not many peoplePros: buttery smooth controls very fast paced for a 3rd person shooter neat map concept (3 different tiles gives you some variation) some great animations (any of the melee kills/ headshots) sound design is quite nice Cons: Attack dog is glitchy, spawns are glitchy (you'll spawn in the middle of fights sometimes) -Not many people playing it -Customization is relatively minimal compared to games like Black Ops 2 or Ghost Recon Future Soldier (comparable to Battlefield 3 though) with 3 attachment categories: optics, silencers, and magazines. *not all weapons have all 3 categories available* Other things to note: Hipfire is not nearly as useful in this game as others (Gears of War, Ghost recon Online) so don't rely on it.
    The reticule for most weapons blooms A LOT, so you'd better burst fire the weapon for better accuracy
  5. Feb 14, 2013
    I got this game today from a steam card my wife got me for Valentines day. I was excited because I love to play the hot new games. After loading up my game it froze on the start screen, I didnt even think twice and simply crashed it out and reloaded it. Loading up the game i was a bit disheartened by the lack of customization from the start, but lets play the game. I had a VERY hardI got this game today from a steam card my wife got me for Valentines day. I was excited because I love to play the hot new games. After loading up my game it froze on the start screen, I didnt even think twice and simply crashed it out and reloaded it. Loading up the game i was a bit disheartened by the lack of customization from the start, but lets play the game. I had a VERY hard time finding a server that even had people in it! whats going on right? Finally get some games in got to level three and the game crashes out again... im pretty irritated at this point, but load it back up and im LEVEL ONE AGAIN!! Im extremely frustrated with this title right now and would find it very hard to recommend this game to anyone, i feel as if ive wasted my valentines present on a lemon! Expand
  6. Jun 27, 2015
    This game is a TON of fun! The mechanics, the play style the cover based combat, all of it is crazy fun.

Only problem is that it's dead, the community is basically dead with none really playing it anymore, the devs have seem to have moved on and are too lazy to add bots.

Make this game f2p or something just so it gets played again.

1. May 7, 2013
    Another online shooter – these three words sum up Team X nicely. It offers nothing that would keep you in front of the screen. What’s even worse – there are no people to play with. [CD-Action 05/2013, p.74]
  2. Feb 27, 2013
    From the initial trailers, Special Forces: Team X showed some promise, but after spending some time with the game I find it hard to recommend it to people, especially with the problems it is faced with at the moment.
  3. Feb 27, 2013
    SFTX is just another in a laundry list of games trying to capitalize on the success of cover-based shooters but promptly fail to do so.