SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars PC

• Publisher: Aspyr
  • Release Date: May 5, 2006
7.5

1. Sep 13, 2010
    I admired many parts of this game. I have played for around 60-70 hours with it quite happy most of the time. I really loved how the sunset and dawn cast a totally different color to the scenes. Graphics is great, especially the handling of light and shadow. So for me it was worth buying this title.
  2. Apr 24, 2015
    A blend between RPG and RTS, the game is similar to Nevwrinter Nights 2 with elements of Warcraft 3. You can design your character and develop he or she in a skill tree, and also will be recruiting and commanding an army. The graphics are clearly from a decade but still acceptable (very similar to Neverwinter Nights 2), and when you get immersed in the plot, graphics will be the last thingA blend between RPG and RTS, the game is similar to Nevwrinter Nights 2 with elements of Warcraft 3. You can design your character and develop he or she in a skill tree, and also will be recruiting and commanding an army. The graphics are clearly from a decade but still acceptable (very similar to Neverwinter Nights 2), and when you get immersed in the plot, graphics will be the last thing you will noticed. It deserves a sequel Spell Force 3. Expand
  3. Jan 3, 2012
    I got this game free with my graphics card a few years ago. It was an awesome game, and I loved how it mixed RPG with RTS elements at different points of the game. The maps and dungeons etc were designed well and the graphics were great. I'd say its twice as good as Dungeon Siege.
  4. Jan 19, 2014
    This is masterpice........ I enjoyed every minute! I hope that Spellforce 3 will be something like this one! This game atmosphere is so good, beautiful landscape and music!
  5. JanB.
    May 5, 2006
    Well executed and entertaining plus very unique gameplay. I do not know whether to call it more a role playing or a strategy game, but it definitely appeals to both kinds of players.
  6. RonaldP.
    Jun 1, 2006
    This game doesn't deserve a review under 85 it's a good game great graphics, and a lot of replay value that won't seem repetitive.
  7. TK
    Sep 2, 2007
    A unique blend of RTS and RPG elements with a huge campaign as well as other modes of play. There are many optional side-quests that can be completed in different order or not at all. The graphics are pretty nice too. However, if one is skilled at micro-managing a small group of RPG characters, then non-hero units are almost unnecessary. If one is playing the game as a true hybrid, then A unique blend of RTS and RPG elements with a huge campaign as well as other modes of play. There are many optional side-quests that can be completed in different order or not at all. The graphics are pretty nice too. However, if one is skilled at micro-managing a small group of RPG characters, then non-hero units are almost unnecessary. If one is playing the game as a true hybrid, then it feels rather like Warcraft 3, for better or for worse. Overall, the games flaws don't really affect it's enjoyability. Expand
  8. Zadinos
    Apr 26, 2006
    I must say that this game is really good. Nice graffics , sound and most of all gameplay. Its nice to have something beside Oblivion. Good and beutiful game for those who like Diablo.
  9. ArenM.
    May 16, 2006
    This game is good fun. Need to upgrade my video card, because of some compatibilty issues. Gives me a good excuse. This original type gameplay is a welcome break from the onslaught of MMORPGS.

1. And tackling the huge amount of diverse RPG quests, picking up and evaluating items, advancing your character's skills to match your tactics is a thoroughly engrossing mix. SpellForce 2 is that rare beast - a thoroughly well executed hybrid game.
  2. If the game has any major flaws at all, it's that whilst the two halves of the game, RTS and RPG, mesh together brilliantly, if you take either of those elements in isolation, they're perhaps a little on the lightweight side. Fortunately, the game does have real synergy: it's greater than the sum of its parts.
  3. The combination of RTS and RPG works well, each having its very distinct place in the overall feel of the game. Throw in that multiplayer bonus and developer Phenomic is in danger of having a hit on its hands.