• Publisher: Aspyr
  • Release Date: May 5, 2006
7.6

1. Jan 3, 2012
    I got this game free with my graphics card a few years ago. It was an awesome game, and I loved how it mixed RPG with RTS elements at different points of the game. The maps and dungeons etc were designed well and the graphics were great. I'd say its twice as good as Dungeon Siege.
  2. Sep 13, 2010
    I admired many parts of this game. I have played for around 60-70 hours with it quite happy most of the time. I really loved how the sunset and dawn cast a totally different color to the scenes. Graphics is great, especially the handling of light and shadow. So for me it was worth buying this title.
  3. Jan 19, 2014
    This is masterpice........ I enjoyed every minute! I hope that Spellforce 3 will be something like this one! This game atmosphere is so good, beautiful landscape and music!

1. And tackling the huge amount of diverse RPG quests, picking up and evaluating items, advancing your character's skills to match your tactics is a thoroughly engrossing mix. SpellForce 2 is that rare beast - a thoroughly well executed hybrid game.
  2. If the game has any major flaws at all, it's that whilst the two halves of the game, RTS and RPG, mesh together brilliantly, if you take either of those elements in isolation, they're perhaps a little on the lightweight side. Fortunately, the game does have real synergy: it's greater than the sum of its parts.
  3. The combination of RTS and RPG works well, each having its very distinct place in the overall feel of the game. Throw in that multiplayer bonus and developer Phenomic is in danger of having a hit on its hands.