8.4

1. JakeK.
    Apr 20, 2006
    I can't believe how anyone could give this game a 10 or a 9. I thought this was one of the worst star wars games ever. They have almost no different kinds of troops or veicles and the maps are very small. The only good part of this game was when i played the first 10 minutes of it.
  2. TobyD.
    Feb 18, 2006
    I thought this was the worst game I've ever been conned into buying by overzealous reviews by people I don't think have even played this game. do like starwars, but we've had some problems with Star wars games, Battlefront 2 sucked like a £5 whore. I.e - badly. This is worse. This is, quite possibly the WORST game I have EVER played. The graphics are appalling. They I thought this was the worst game I've ever been conned into buying by overzealous reviews by people I don't think have even played this game. do like starwars, but we've had some problems with Star wars games, Battlefront 2 sucked like a £5 whore. I.e - badly. This is worse. This is, quite possibly the WORST game I have EVER played. The graphics are appalling. They are irritating and cutesy, while lacking in detail, the only thing that looks good is the explosions in the space battles. Don't get me started on the inconsistencies. Just trust me, if you're a star wars fan this game will irritate you. Perfect example - During the formative years of the Rebellion, acccording to EAW the SOLE method the Rebel Alliance had for gathering intelligence was.... wait for it... R2D2 & C3P0. "Many camp droids died to bring you this information..." Also, apparently the Rebellion is just as strong as the empire. No, really. Click single player, click the SUPPOSEDLY freeform conquest mode that - MAKES YOU PICK A LINEAR SCENARIO. Pick Galactic conquest (the only relatively freeform one, although if you replay it, they always attack the same places) try starting it from BOTH sides. Compare fleets and troops. Lucasarts? I wish I could defenestrate whoever was responsible for this pile of s**t. And the ground combat...? No, I can't. I'll cry. I'd say find out for yourself, but... Ok, one quick thing, all combat, both ground and orbital reminds me of warcraft 2 without the charm. You have a set square map, with predefined "terrain" like asteroid fields. You can't alter the camera angle at all, although you do have a very limited zoom function. except you can't Build units. Use pre-built - hammer the crap out of stuff. Very command and conquer but with even less strategy and charm (and I AM talking the FIRST C&C!) Expand
  3. MarcO.
    Jun 7, 2006
    The fact that there is no senario editor gives it a bad fall in points. This game is fairly dissapointing, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds beats this.

1. Empire at War hits all the right notes if you're a Star Wars fan, but be prepared to grind out your victories.
  2. It's not every day that a licensed game actually makes its source material cooler, especially when you are talking about Star Wars. [Mar 2006, p.114]
    Star Wars: Empire at War definitely scores big in terms of style. Gamers who are looking for an authentic Star Wars experience will not be disappointed with this one... What really stinks is that the actual gameplay isn't exciting enough to support the setting.