8.6

1. Apr 3, 2012
    I cannot tell you how many times I have played through this game over and over again. Back in my days of dial-up internet connections, this and Team Fortress Classic were the only two games that I could play online. Released the same year as Half-Life, I have always felt as though Jedi Knight was just as far ahead of its time with many gameplay and storyline innovations. The story isI cannot tell you how many times I have played through this game over and over again. Back in my days of dial-up internet connections, this and Team Fortress Classic were the only two games that I could play online. Released the same year as Half-Life, I have always felt as though Jedi Knight was just as far ahead of its time with many gameplay and storyline innovations. The story is advanced through live-action cutscenes, making for a movie-like experience (granted with soap-opera-level acting). It featured multiple endings based on force powers used and decisions made throughout the game. It also made significant contributions to Star Wars' Expanded Universe, which include the first use of dual-wielded lightsabers outside of Star Wars comics. Expand
  2. Mar 20, 2015
    Playing this game in 2015, the game has some charm about it, some solid gameplay, but ultimately falls flat compared to its predecessor due to its own inability to deliver on its promises.

Pros: -Live action cutscenes? It's like I'm watching a never-before-seen Star Wars movie! -Graphics are way better than the first one! -They fixed the concussion rifle so that it behaves in a

-Graphics are way better than the first one!
    -They fixed the concussion rifle so that it behaves in a logical manner
    -The game is long enough that you enjoy it but not so long that you become bored of it
    -I loved when I had to use Force jump or Speed to explore the map to find out where to go. It felt liberating to use these powers.

Cons: -The lightsaber battles are terrible. The controls are clunky, unpredictable, and you have to use them to fight other jedi. The boss battles are such a chore that this aspect alone pretty much ruined the game for me.
    -The only way to progress in your Force powers is to discover secrets. If you only discover a few secrets on each level, there's no guarantee you'll get Force powers.
    -The Dark Side Force powers are useless- I can choke a guy and he'll die in 3 seconds, or I can shoot him and he'll die in 2. And he generally doesn't shoot me back while I'm shooting him. Not true with Force powers.
    -As a Dark Jedi, a lot of the cutscenes that explain the story did not play for me. Must be a bug or something.
    -The story line, as best as I could follow it, seemed pretty hammed up and straight forward. Nothing interesting here at all, in spite of the awesome cutscenes.
    -The first and second levels seemed to drag on and on, as I continued to fight the same bad guys over and over again with the same weapons.
    -Thermal detonators are terrible- they do far too much damage, but they messed with the throwing system from the first one. I have to hold down the trigger for more than 3 seconds for it to throw far enough that I don't take damage from the darn thing, and that whole time I'm getting shot.
    -The crossbow gun is a great addition, except that since it can't one-shot storm troopers, you're pretty much guaranteed to get shot back, even if you sneak up on a guy.

It seems I have a gripe for every good thing I find in the game- for every upside, there's a steep downside as well. I hope that some of these issues are fixed in the subsequent games. I'm pretty sure I will not be playing this one again.
  3. May 19, 2013
    Great game! The campaign was strong and had you play often. This was the first game that had you duel with lightsabers which was a great concept. Great sound with visuals and controls. I would recommend this game!
  4. Nov 10, 2014
    Dark Forces II was the first game to truly put you in the shoes of a Jedi Knight, simulating both the Force Powers and lightsaber combat seen in the original trilogy of Star Wars films. The game still plays remarkably well today. The levels are vast (although the textures are occasionally bland) and the design captures the overall look and feel of the Star Wars universe. However, itDark Forces II was the first game to truly put you in the shoes of a Jedi Knight, simulating both the Force Powers and lightsaber combat seen in the original trilogy of Star Wars films. The game still plays remarkably well today. The levels are vast (although the textures are occasionally bland) and the design captures the overall look and feel of the Star Wars universe. However, it wouldn't be until the next game, Jedi Outcast, that this series would truly "nail" the experience of being a Jedi. The force power system is a bit clunky in this game, the lightsaber glow doesn't look quite right and the full motion video sequences have aged very poorly. An improvement over the last entry and an interesting stepping stone towards the next. Expand
  5. Nov 10, 2013
    This is the first actual video game I ever played, when I was 5 years old. My father bought it for out PC. I tried to play it, but had more fun watching my dad play it. I played it again several years later and it now stands as the single greatest game I have ever played. The story is solid. The gameplay is awesome. It holds its own, with its own lore within a universe that already exists.This is the first actual video game I ever played, when I was 5 years old. My father bought it for out PC. I tried to play it, but had more fun watching my dad play it. I played it again several years later and it now stands as the single greatest game I have ever played. The story is solid. The gameplay is awesome. It holds its own, with its own lore within a universe that already exists. This is such a great game. I loved every minute of the game. I have played it time and time again. 10. out. of. 10. Expand
  6. Oct 5, 2014
    Fantastic and to this day still one of the best Star Wars games, improvement to the first Dark Forces in every single way. Really good FPS with complex level design, classic Star Wars soundtrack, live acted cut scenes and especially - Force and lightsaber! These two things back in 1997 were a heaven sent, I had so much fun with lightsaber and force gripping my enemies so they choke toFantastic and to this day still one of the best Star Wars games, improvement to the first Dark Forces in every single way. Really good FPS with complex level design, classic Star Wars soundtrack, live acted cut scenes and especially - Force and lightsaber! These two things back in 1997 were a heaven sent, I had so much fun with lightsaber and force gripping my enemies so they choke to death. You can also venture in the path of light or dark which gets you different force abilities and let's not forget the multiplayer, this game was absolutely stunning. 10/10 Expand

1. Jedi Knight combines all the good aspects that a game should have: good graphics, interesting story, innovative game-play and superb multiplayer support. Anyone who has a good system (fast w/ a 3D accelerator) will definitely be pleased with Jedi Knight.
  2. With innovative levels, a sparkling soundtrack, enhanced graphics, and near-perfect control, this is one game you won't want to pass up. Jedi Knight is easily the best game of its kind available.
  3. What Jedi Knight lacks in spark, it compensates for with the oodles of money that a giant like LucasArts can throw into the development process. Add to that good environments, great music, tons of options, solid gameplay, and smooooooth net connections and I can certainly say that fans of the genre won't be disappointed.