9.0

1. Oct 1, 2015
    Best star wars game ever made. I would also go as far as saying greatest star wars story of all time. The combat is very deep and there are multiple ways to play out the story.
  2. Nov 6, 2015
    This game is honestly amazing! one of the best games I have ever played! even though its over 10 years old! still has a better story than most games today. you should be silly to miss out on playing this games its a must have game for any star wars fan!
  3. Nov 29, 2017
    The best game I've ever played. The story is unbelievably good, better than original, trilogy! Fighting system is good, but I can see where it can be improved. Amazing music, fantastic side quests, and many great characters like Bastila Shan or Darth Malak and Carth......yea **** you Carth, If not you, I would give this game 10/10. This game is "must play" for everyone.
  4. Feb 12, 2012
    KotOR was not without its flaws, but a great classic nonetheless. Systemically, it borrowed from thew Baldur's Gates and other 'pause and plan' combat RPG's... The pause and plan combat is definitely not for everyone, but I enjoyed it. The characters were the stars of the show. I mean, HK47, mirite?
  5. RutgerdeB.
    Apr 12, 2004
    This game is really insane!! A game for anyone who love to game. A good RPG, great action and afcourse: it's all in the Star Wars world!!! i recommend it to anyone who wants to buy a game at this moment! you won't regret!
  6. Aguest
    May 6, 2005
    anybody who gives it LESS than 10 needs to stop being a jackass and open the doors of perception..their crappy opinions aside, this game is the "game of the year" for 2003.
  7. Aug 26, 2010
    Awesome game. Highly recommended. Oh and be prepared to sink about 50-60 hours of your life into this game. Good graphics, good game balance, great story and locations epic finale & climax
  8. Dec 2, 2010
    I love this game. The game play is immersive and purely strategic. You have to decide whether or not you want to throw a grenade, whether or not to use the force or conserve your energy, what melee attack you want to use, how to use your mines and along with that, there's an actual story line! This will definitely be a game to beat. It even has it's own special, original combat system!I love this game. The game play is immersive and purely strategic. You have to decide whether or not you want to throw a grenade, whether or not to use the force or conserve your energy, what melee attack you want to use, how to use your mines and along with that, there's an actual story line! This will definitely be a game to beat. It even has it's own special, original combat system! This is also shown to be a true RPG (not one of those fake ones that claim to one) by allowing the player to make choices that align his/her player to the dark side or light side, whether it be to help someone, give away someones position, stand for what's right or wrong, or merely kill someone. I give this ten out of ten. Expand
  9. Oct 23, 2010
    This is the definite version of this game. The updated graphics and added features like quests and overall tweaks makes a great game something amazing.
  10. Mar 19, 2011
    Probably the best RPG I've ever played. If you're a Star Wars fan, you should definitely play this game. Good graphics, good dialogue, combat is good though It might be too easy after a while and great story. A game at which you won't wonder why it's a GOTY.
  11. Apr 26, 2011
    My favourite game of all time. It has everything; Good game play, writing, plot, really in depth characters and the one of the most satisfying endings I have come across. An absolute jewel.
  12. May 17, 2011
    Knights of the Old Republic is the best game I've played. The story is simply brilliant, the gameplay is bundles of fun, and the characters are so real... which is amazing considering it's sci-fi!
  13. Feb 14, 2012
    To start with, the game does have it's flaws, it does however take a very petty person to majorly mark down such an incredible work for a few minor blemishes that honestly exist at face value.

First of all, the story is incredible. I don't think anyone will deny this. As an RPG, this is what you should be looking for in the game primarily. Completing the game for the first time while doing most of the side missions took me about 35 hours. This game is the only one I have ever played whose story has had me up until unheard of times in the morning to discover what happens next. You should also be looking for a good progression system, and this game certainly does have that, making you feel majorly rewarded for levelling up as it grants you specific but significant bonuses.

The progression is also where the games first vice lies however. As once you have a handful of force powers the game has a significant drop in difficulty if you are a meta gamer, which you probably are if you're on meta critic and/or interested in a 9 year old game. The difficulty can be reduced by a meta gamer to the point that you will probably find the final boss and mission easier than the opening tutorial of the game. I do not know whether this was intentionally done by Bioware or not to further the sense of progression and your character's developing power, but it is certainly broken as the final boss was unthinkably easy, with minor minions earlier in the game giving me a harder time. Personally, I actually like this as it does give you a sense of progression much greater than most games, when you go from desperately chewing through medkits to kill a couple of thugs to easily tossing groups of high ranking enemies (rancor) aside with 2 or 3 force powers you feel like all you've done has meant something for you personally as the player, on top of the compelling plot which has many choices and a lot of well acted, branching dialogue.

The game is paced perfectly too, you always feel like you're doing something (and for a good reason, this game features no quests that feel like arbitrary "Kill X enemy" missions, all of them are unique and compelling) and something new and interesting happens regularly so long as you don't dawdle, giving you a constant stream of interesting dialogue and missions that can last you around 35 hours.

The final thing I would like to mention is the astonishing attention to detail and clear hard work that was put into the creation of this game, unlike most blatant shameless cash ins that we are so accustomed to now. For instance, there is a cantina called "The Drunk Side" the name of which you would only discover by stopping and clicking on the sign, which most players probably wouldn't. I found that rather amusing, and it obviously is completely unnecessary, but Bioware did it for that extra polish and layer of good will. They also present you with a vast array of 'Idiot Buttons', that is, opportunities to press/say things that will cause you to be insta-killed often in ways that may amuse the player just due to how idiotic the events were. It is not only brilliant that Bioware allows the player to do silly things like those,
    but that they allow you to fail is the real stinger here.

Anyway, that is the end of my ridiculously large wall of text. I would like to point out that everyone that gave this game a score below 5 is clearly trolling and/or stupid, as this is a masterpiece of a game the likes of which I doubt we will bare witness to again for some time.
  14. Aug 6, 2012
    All things considered, this is one of my favorite games ever. The gameplay is fun, the story is amazing, and the character development is interesting (the latter two you could guess after seeing Bioware). If you are a Star Wars fan and don't hate RPGs, then you're sure to like this game. With that said, the game does have its flaws: an annoying inventory system, boring mini-game, and aAll things considered, this is one of my favorite games ever. The gameplay is fun, the story is amazing, and the character development is interesting (the latter two you could guess after seeing Bioware). If you are a Star Wars fan and don't hate RPGs, then you're sure to like this game. With that said, the game does have its flaws: an annoying inventory system, boring mini-game, and a leveling system which punishes you if you don't spec as melee from the start. But, in my humble opinion, the game more than makes up for these shortcomings. Given that Bioware chose to make a Star Wars MMO, I doubt we'll ever see if KOTR3, but I suppose I can keep my fingers crossed... Expand
  15. Aug 9, 2012
    I've never played such an amazing game, KotOR probably has one of the best story lines. It would be sweet if they remade it with better graphics, models and character customization other than a preset face. Either way this is defiantly in the top five of my favorite games.
  16. Apr 18, 2011
    i played this game back when it was released and i actually liked this game. the story plot i didnt pay attention to but the gameplay was awesome. i played on the original xbox and the fighting was smooth. on pc i dont know it might suck. but xbox version rocked
  17. Aug 21, 2010
    Brilliant game. It really doesn't get much better than this. Story, graphics, gameplay, voice acting is of highest quality. This is the most replayed game by me, and I come back every year or two to play it, and it's 6 or more years old!
  18. X11
    Sep 20, 2011
    It's strange. I have been spoiled by "modern" graphics ever since the advent of Xbox 360, yet all my favorite titles seem to have found purchase before that. The Sims, Ocarina of Time, Half-Life, and this game. I find myself amazed that I did not pick it up until late 2011, yet I still find it one of the most engrossing video game experiences of all time. Graphics do not make the game myIt's strange. I have been spoiled by "modern" graphics ever since the advent of Xbox 360, yet all my favorite titles seem to have found purchase before that. The Sims, Ocarina of Time, Half-Life, and this game. I find myself amazed that I did not pick it up until late 2011, yet I still find it one of the most engrossing video game experiences of all time. Graphics do not make the game my friends. Unfortunately this fact has been forgotten in recent times. Disheartening. I hope for more games like this in years to come. Expand
  19. Aug 16, 2011
    This game made me a fan of Star Wars and the Sith. Great game. One of my favorite games of all time. I wish someone make a remake for it on this generation video games.
  20. Jun 19, 2011
    I just played this for the first time recently, and I have to say it's one of the best games I've ever played. It's like a good book that you don't want to put down. After playing through it once I'm already looking forward to playing it again.
  21. Nov 20, 2012
    Great game! The storyline, the diverse locations that can be explored, and the general gameplay make this game stand out above almost all others. It I had to make a list of my top ten favorite games of all time, this would definitely make the list. It's a must play for any RPG fans, and really for any fans of video games at all.
  22. Apr 20, 2012
    Just this: a lot of the current games out there still can't compete with KOTOR in terms of narrative and story-telling. Definitly a must-have for the RPG lovers.
  23. Oct 31, 2012
    This is the best game ever!,if your looking for an awesome game this is it! it so fun and you will enjoy every min of it, so get for PC or Xbox, it is an awesome game! 10 out of 10
  24. Mar 26, 2011
    I have a bone to pick with a number of Star Wars games. after brilliant titles like Jedi Knight and X-Wing or TIE Fighter, the franchise became monotonous, and very often frustratingly difficult. This is absolutely not the case with KOTOR. The game is challenging, the story captivating, and the level design fantastic. Moreover, it is a great RPG in its own right, regardless whether one isI have a bone to pick with a number of Star Wars games. after brilliant titles like Jedi Knight and X-Wing or TIE Fighter, the franchise became monotonous, and very often frustratingly difficult. This is absolutely not the case with KOTOR. The game is challenging, the story captivating, and the level design fantastic. Moreover, it is a great RPG in its own right, regardless whether one is a fan of the Star Wars franchise or not. By the way, playing this game makes you feel like its a precursor to the Mass Effect series, which I like alot.. Expand
  25. Oct 3, 2010
    I was hesitating to get this game for quite some time even though I was a fan of bioware games. After finally deciding to get it, all I can say that its an awesome game. Love the plot and excellent graphics for its time. It still looks good after all these years.
  26. Dec 31, 2010
    I would have to say this is now in the top five games I have ever played the storyline is amazing and there is so much to do in this game, I wish I would have herd about his one much sooner than last year, don't ask how I went that long without playing this Masterpiece of an RPG, If you like making you own choices and love star wars this is going to be in bed with you every night, sleepingI would have to say this is now in the top five games I have ever played the storyline is amazing and there is so much to do in this game, I wish I would have herd about his one much sooner than last year, don't ask how I went that long without playing this Masterpiece of an RPG, If you like making you own choices and love star wars this is going to be in bed with you every night, sleeping with you I promise lol. Expand
  27. Jan 6, 2011
    The Star Wars Universe expands to one of the greatest RPGs of all time. Rarely do you see an epic storyline mixed with intense gameplay in todays games. It is definitely one people will talk about for years.
  28. Mar 20, 2011
    I am a Star Wars fan. When I was little, I watched the movies CONSTANTLY. This game is a dream come true. Become a jedi, become a sith... what more could you want? Almost no flaws in this game.
  29. Mar 25, 2011
    In my opinion, this is the 2nd best RPG ever created right behind Baldur's Gate 2. The combat is very fun even though the flexibility of the class design is limited. The story of this game is Supreme against Buldur's Gate 2, though the overall gameplay isn't. Anyhow this game has GREAT gameplay a Story that is good enough to rival the Original Trilogy, and is the most expansive Star warsIn my opinion, this is the 2nd best RPG ever created right behind Baldur's Gate 2. The combat is very fun even though the flexibility of the class design is limited. The story of this game is Supreme against Buldur's Gate 2, though the overall gameplay isn't. Anyhow this game has GREAT gameplay a Story that is good enough to rival the Original Trilogy, and is the most expansive Star wars universe in any star wars RPG. The graphics were insanely great for its time and is still really good. I've played through this game 11 times now. and Still want to keep playing it. but i know this game is going to be bumped down by SWTOR. Overall no human can dislike this game, nor not worship it's awesomeness! Expand
  30. Mar 15, 2011
    A great role playing game based on the star wars universe. The graphics are very good for its time, the game-play is very good, and the story line is very good. I recommend this game to any one who is into star wars and into the role playing game style.

It's a great game!

1. Game Informer
    The level of control that you have over your characters' actions is truly remarkable... Simply put, this is the best thing to happen to Star Wars since the original trilogy. [Feb 2004, p.112]
  2. This is a class act that builds and extends the Star Wars game franchise and PC gamers are getting something their kindred XBOX owners loved to bits and will not be disappointed in any way.
  3. It offers some pretty fundamental improvements over the Xbox version and stands as one of the best PC RPGs out there.