8.3

1. Feb 2, 2014
    Ever wonder what it would be like to be a gundam pilot? This is as close as you're going to get.

Strike Vector is a fast paced twitch shooter with map control elements reminiscent of Quake. There is a significant skill curve and gap, and rightfully so. To excel at this game you have to work to improve skills, otherwise you are just a dead man in a floating coffin. In regards to

In regards to pricing - this is what Tribes Ascend should have done. It is respectful and generous to the players and will guarantee prolonged future success for this game.
  2. Jan 29, 2014
    Very fun to play, good sounds, and very good multiplayer experience, i think this game is very good, and easy to learn, hard to master:) So everything is fine, you can customize a lot of things, and soon we got some DLC too.
  3. Jan 30, 2014
    On of the most fun arena shooter games I have ever touched. The feeling of flight and hover modes are amazingly responsive. I kind of wish there was a single player campaign mode given how great the mechanics are.
  4. Feb 5, 2014
    Simply incredible. This is twitch gaming reborn. Ludicrously polished from concept to execution. Take an incredible art style (like Hawken done right) and pair it with blisteringly fast and fun gameplay and you've got one hell of a combination. The vectors look and feel amazing and what the weapons lack in originality they make up for in balance and punch. As you may have already been letSimply incredible. This is twitch gaming reborn. Ludicrously polished from concept to execution. Take an incredible art style (like Hawken done right) and pair it with blisteringly fast and fun gameplay and you've got one hell of a combination. The vectors look and feel amazing and what the weapons lack in originality they make up for in balance and punch. As you may have already been let on by other reviews this game is VERY hard to pick up and play but your patience will be more than rewarded. While I've played enough twitch shooters to navigate the maps and avoid incoming fire easily enough I initially simply could not figure out the homing and dismissed it as near-useless. Once I got the hang of it however it became an absolute blast to use and my go-to weapon. It is my conviction that those frustrated by their initial hour or so of constantly crashing and getting instakilled will have a similar experience. So if you love this game from the moment you load it up congratulations on your good taste! And if you don't, just keep at it, I swear it gets better in a big way. You have no idea what you're missing... Expand
  5. Mar 8, 2014
    Strike vector is a game with near-perfect mechanics. It has a feel for speed, and is exhilarating like no other game I've played. It does require some perseverence and skill. This is not a game you can simply pick up in 5 minutes. While the controls are easy enough, and well-designed, what makes this game difficult is the sheer sense of speed. Do not be discouraged - it takes time for yourStrike vector is a game with near-perfect mechanics. It has a feel for speed, and is exhilarating like no other game I've played. It does require some perseverence and skill. This is not a game you can simply pick up in 5 minutes. While the controls are easy enough, and well-designed, what makes this game difficult is the sheer sense of speed. Do not be discouraged - it takes time for your brain to adapt to this game, and to be able to interpret all the spatial information that you need to be able to process in order to be able to play this game at maximum speed. Take your time, persevere, and in under 30 minutes, you will be zipping about and getting kills. However, it doesn't stop there. you'll have to relentlessly improve. It will take time to get better at this game, but you'll have a lot of fun doing so.

All weapons are unlocked when you start. It's an even playing field. All abilities and bonuses are also unlocked. Again, this is fantastic. The only thing you have to unlock are cosmetic items that change the way your vector (spaceship) looks.

Finally, the developer has promised that all future content will remain free for everyone who buys the game. This is quite refreshing in a world where many developers shamelessly charge $15 for a map pack.
  6. Feb 20, 2014
    Looks like Devs are sticking to their free DLC promises, this great game will only get better and better.
    New game-mode coming 28tf Feb and I've also seen mention of a level editor.
  7. Feb 10, 2014
    This game is an absolute blast, fast, frenetic, and fun...what more could you want?! Nothing is quite as exhilarating as being chased by another capable vector, flying close to the deck, weaving in and out of lethal and devilishly well placed structures and doing a lightning quick 180 harrier mode flip to blast the enemy into chunks of molten slag, Do you self a favor and pick itThis game is an absolute blast, fast, frenetic, and fun...what more could you want?! Nothing is quite as exhilarating as being chased by another capable vector, flying close to the deck, weaving in and out of lethal and devilishly well placed structures and doing a lightning quick 180 harrier mode flip to blast the enemy into chunks of molten slag, Do you self a favor and pick it up...it's that good! Expand
  8. Feb 10, 2014
    I originally came across this game one day whilst scouting through various YouTube videos; and I fell in love at first sight. This game is for those with unique tastes, in the sense that it is ALWAYS fast-paced, and you need fast reflexes to stay alive.

The game consists of a PvP environment in which players fight in one of 4 game modes: Bounty Hunter, Domination, Deathmatch, and Team Deathmatch. Players go into battle with their Vectors, each fully customizable with various color schemes, weapons, abilities, etc. The most unique and important part of this game is the difficult to master but extremely flexible movement system. Part of the time you're blazing past structures in Jet mode, and the other part of the time you are in a Hover (or Harrier, as it's called) form. Hover mode is extremely easy to maneuver in close areas, while Jet mode is for chasing others down and getting away from others. The integration of both modes is what makes this game special.

There is a fairly steep learning curve for some, but I've heard others can pick up the game and do well in a few minutes. Even while you're starting off and you're...trying to maneuver without crashing, being chased by someone, trying to pick up health at high speeds, or trying to shoot at others, it's ridiculously fun. Even managing to stay alive has an immensely rewarding feeling to it, as people are constantly shooting everywhere.

I am aware of the bugs in the game. The developers have been said to be working on ironing out these issues. The tutorial in-game is quite poor (I managed to learn a fair bit of information from people in-game), so I may suggest looking at videos or tutorials online. The menu interface seems put together poorly as well, and I occasionally go on servers I didn't select because of whatever connection mechanics.

I'm putting my faith in this game, and this is because I can look past all of the bugs and issues. The core of the game is extremely well-refined, the graphics and sound are excellent, and the system requirements are easy to meet (I could run it on my integrated Intel 4000 Graphics decently, but I'd still recommend having a dedicated video card.). The community has some friendly people in it, even though it's extremely limited as of right now. If you're someone like me who can look past the problems and enjoy an FPS like this one in its core, get the game. You will not be unsatisfied.
  9. Jun 16, 2014
    Strike Vector is horribly underrated. It's as if you combined the multiplayer aspects of Descent 3, Quake 2 and a metric ton of amphetamines. Keep a spare keyboard and that carpal tunnel? Never mind that.

There is simply no arcade style flying blast fest like it and despite its steep learning curve, the finer points of BATTEL are so well refined that it could be a professional competition. The top of the curve is HIGH. It's awesome to watch new players go from wet paper bags, over time, to mass murdering samurai.

It's easy to fly, easy to kill but even easier to die. To do those gracefully is really, really hard but infinitely satisfying when you can head fake a great pilot into the exact position you need to melt his face with some well placed rockets. And it all happens in split seconds.

I like that the arcade emphasis is on killing and totally ignores dying. It tracks crashing, but no one gives a damn. This would've been an amazing 4 player quarter muncher back in the early 90's, especially if it had Afterburner II style cockpits to shake you around in. Only con is a small but tightly knit and cool player base for an arena game. Maybe another is the general lack of team tactics but that's a player thing. Can't fault the game for it. The potential is there.

Hands down one of my favorites if not number 1 and I've put around 200 hours into it. It's just that much teeth grinding fun. Weak pansies, man up and blast through the skies to die.
  10. Jun 18, 2014
    Its like strike suit zero on crack.
    Expect to die... a lot

The controls are kinda funky and the community is pretty much dead now, but holy **** this game is fun
  11. Jun 16, 2014

1. Mar 18, 2014
    Serving three masters as it does, Strike Vector might not have a whole lot of mass-market appeal, but what it lacks in that field, it more than makes up for by being a gorgeous, intensely competitive experience that matches its aesthetic appeal with pure shooter satisfaction.
  2. Feb 21, 2014
    The most pressing issue is the lack of community, with most servers empty at the time of this review. But if the dev can keep the content coming and work out the kinks, this game could really take-off.
  3. Feb 13, 2014
    There’s a great twitch game beneath this hostile exterior, but Ragequit can’t afford to test players’ endurance on so many levels if its niche shooter is to thrive.