Summoner PC

7.8

1. Ben
    Aug 8, 2004
    Solid plot and graphics, with a neat engaging Combat system. Plenty of interesting things to go-but the bugs are numerous and kill the game. How can you play Summoner when it crashes every 20 minutes???
  2. Giovanni
    Jul 15, 2001
    Apparently, a lot of these magazines and .com critics are blind to the senses. I look upon the ratings that were given for this game and I feel possessed with contempt. This game was very poorly thought-out considering its slew of bugs, but that isn't saying much considering THQ's history of pathetic games; the one exception I would say is "Wrestlemania 2000," a shocker to say Apparently, a lot of these magazines and .com critics are blind to the senses. I look upon the ratings that were given for this game and I feel possessed with contempt. This game was very poorly thought-out considering its slew of bugs, but that isn't saying much considering THQ's history of pathetic games; the one exception I would say is "Wrestlemania 2000," a shocker to say the least. Getting back to Summoner, the fact that the fighting engine was pretty much 'jacked' from "Vagrant Story" and the intro music sounding very familiar to "Unreal Tournament's" intro casts some doubt to THQ's sense of originality and any semblance of creativity. To make a long critique short, I would urge anyone who would consider buying this game to think long and hard. Why not check out something else worth your while, like "Diablo II" or any other Blizzard game? Expand
  3. Dec 10, 2015
    It was a pretty nice RPG/Action game where you control a group of 4 characters in classical roles: mage, rogue, warrior and a mage-warrior mix. The graphics were nice for the time, the quests interesting and varied, and the fights challenging. What however breaks the game on PC is that the camera and the character control system. The camera will always try to move by itself as yourIt was a pretty nice RPG/Action game where you control a group of 4 characters in classical roles: mage, rogue, warrior and a mage-warrior mix. The graphics were nice for the time, the quests interesting and varied, and the fights challenging. What however breaks the game on PC is that the camera and the character control system. The camera will always try to move by itself as your character moves around, picking strange angles and mostly positioning itself at the side of the character instead of behind him. You give movement orders by clicking on the ground like in an RTS game, but since the camera is constantly moving, it gets very clumsy. So, the controls can be a deal-breaker for most PC gamers. Expand
  4. Mar 13, 2014
    The game in my eyes was very well done as the glitches can be bypassed by regular saves. Then the story line is well done and though the sequel Summoner 2 was less impressive in my eyes. The A I was horrible for allies but could be very useful when used as a benefit. Also who cares if they took something from another game such as fight method. If it works it works.

Its plot is dramatic and ambitious, its gameplay involving, and it features some absolutely fantastic locations.
  2. Summoner isn’t flashy or revolutionary, nor does it try to be these things – it’s just a fun RPG with a strong story and engaging gameplay.
    It offers a lot of character interaction and an interesting storyline that will keep you guessing. Even a quirky camera system, a few minor graphical glitches, and flawed character logic can't bring this title down.