Super Hexagon PC

8.4

1. Dec 2, 2012
    Anyone who played the Super Gravitron in VVVVV knows what Terry Cavanagh can do in a small minigame. Well, he`s done it again. This is an extremely fun and addictive minigame. Yeah, it`s extremely hard as well, but this is intended. Music is awesome as well. I`m 5h into it, beat the first two levels (Hexagon and Hexagoner) and am far from done with it. It does cause frustration quite a fewAnyone who played the Super Gravitron in VVVVV knows what Terry Cavanagh can do in a small minigame. Well, he`s done it again. This is an extremely fun and addictive minigame. Yeah, it`s extremely hard as well, but this is intended. Music is awesome as well. I`m 5h into it, beat the first two levels (Hexagon and Hexagoner) and am far from done with it. It does cause frustration quite a few times (there are some cheap deaths in the game). Regarding controls, I didn`t see a big difference between playing with keyboard and with a gamepad. Also, the game was designed to have digital controls, so control via mouse motion is something that will not be implemented, so don`t wait for it. Expand
  2. May 29, 2013
    Superb and very addictive game don't heed the people whining about the controls, the difficulty is what makes this game, it doesn't need to be easier. I've completed every level several times using the arrow keys and I consider myself to be generally bad at games like this. It did take me about 26 hours though, the key to Super Hexagon is practice. Practice a lot and take frequent breaksSuperb and very addictive game don't heed the people whining about the controls, the difficulty is what makes this game, it doesn't need to be easier. I've completed every level several times using the arrow keys and I consider myself to be generally bad at games like this. It did take me about 26 hours though, the key to Super Hexagon is practice. Practice a lot and take frequent breaks especially when you start getting mega-annoyed because you don't get anywhere like that.

Superb game and for £2 I can't recommend it enough.
  3. Jul 3, 2013
    This is a psychedelic experience composed of flashing colors and trippy music. All I have to say is that this games is not for those who have slow reaction time and don't like fast games. This requires you to constantly look around the screen so it may be a strain on the eyes occasionally. Though despite it's retina damaging visuals, this games brings a smile to my face for every secondThis is a psychedelic experience composed of flashing colors and trippy music. All I have to say is that this games is not for those who have slow reaction time and don't like fast games. This requires you to constantly look around the screen so it may be a strain on the eyes occasionally. Though despite it's retina damaging visuals, this games brings a smile to my face for every second that I add to my high score.

Worth the buy. Definitely!
  4. Apr 5, 2013

Are you kidding me? This is the FIRST level? When I started playing Super Hexagon, trying to save a triangle from walls which are constantly moving in, I could not believe how hard the game is. Now, 14 hours later, I just finished the game.

Prepare to die a thousand times. But still the game did not feel frustrating to me. Just very very challenging in a positive way. This is not just a game. It's a drug. Just look at the colors. It is almost hypnotizing to look at the constantly spinning screen.

Two things I did not like. First, the balance between the levels could be better. Lv1&2 are ok, but Lv3 is incredibly hard. Then Lv4&5 are easy again, but Lv6 is really incredibly hardestest... Second, the global highscore list shows just the Top100. So if you are not in the Top100 (which most likely you won't), you can't see your ranking. That sucks.

Apart from that, it is just a fantastic arcade game. Simple. But simply great.

5. Feb 23, 2014
    begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, gamebegin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over, begin, game over Expand
  6. Jan 12, 2014
    Super Hexagon is one of the few perfect games, it's quick, it's frustrating in a good way, it's extremely hard, so if you like a challenge, then this is the game for you. This game is very good music. It's actually one of the only games where I don't turn off the music and get some play list playing.
  7. Dec 28, 2013
    Super Hexagon is a test of reflexes and pattern recognition. The soundtrack that accompanies its simple gameplay is engrossing. Its controls are fluid but require some familiarization in order to accurately use them to navigate the obstacle courses. The game is an exercise in hand-eye coordination first and foremost, although as it reaches higher difficulties, it is more about patternSuper Hexagon is a test of reflexes and pattern recognition. The soundtrack that accompanies its simple gameplay is engrossing. Its controls are fluid but require some familiarization in order to accurately use them to navigate the obstacle courses. The game is an exercise in hand-eye coordination first and foremost, although as it reaches higher difficulties, it is more about pattern recognition and intuitive movement.

Super Hexagon has no narrative and exudes minimalism in its design. Users are however advised against playing this game if they have risks of epilepsy.
  8. Feb 13, 2014
    As many have said, this game is ridiculously difficult. The first level is labelled hard, and there is a reason for that! While the game gets somewhat repetitive after a while it somehow manages to avoid losing replayability and I have come back time and again. The music is brilliant, the simple visuals are an acid trip, and you WILL lose yourself in the hypnotic yet psychedelic gameplay.As many have said, this game is ridiculously difficult. The first level is labelled hard, and there is a reason for that! While the game gets somewhat repetitive after a while it somehow manages to avoid losing replayability and I have come back time and again. The music is brilliant, the simple visuals are an acid trip, and you WILL lose yourself in the hypnotic yet psychedelic gameplay. Add to that it's ridiculously cheap (I got it for 30c in a steam sale) and you WILL not be disappointed. I have it on pc, and the controls are not sloppy. Gamepad might be harder though ^^ Expand
  9. Oct 14, 2014
    Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, GameBegin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over,Begin, Game Over! Expand
  10. Feb 28, 2013
    Gameplay: One of the most addictive games you will ever play. The controls are intuitive enough to adapt to, but tricky enough at the same time to make this game a challenge. However, be prepared to be frustrated A LOT. 9/10 ]

Visuals: Suits the game well. The bright changing colors with the revolving patterns is what really makes this game. 10/10 ] Audio: You couldn't have asked

Audio: You couldn't have asked for better audio design. The music really brings this game to life. You will find your self moving the little arrow along with the beat. I have tried this game with and without the music so believe me when I say this: keep the music on guys. 10/10
  11. Aug 12, 2013
    The Story- The story is an epic tale about a man who is thrown into a "trial" created by satan himself, where he is turned into a triangle and is forced to dodge walls while rotating around a hexagon for all of eternity. Extremely well thought out, and I enjoyed it immensely. It really added to the whole experience. 10/10

The Gameplay- As I said before, you play as a triangle rotating

The Gameplay- As I said before, you play as a triangle rotating around a hexagon dodging walls. Your goal is to survive 60 seconds without being hit, then the level is completed. There are 6 levels- Hexagon, Hexagoner, Hexagonest, Hyper Hexagon, Hyper Hexagoner, and Hyper Hexagonest. Their difficulty levels in the game are Hard, Harder, Hardest, Hardester, Hardestest, and Hardestestest, respectively. As the difficulties suggest, each level makes it harder to make it beyond 60 seconds by speeding up how quickly the walls come at you. Overall, it's very original and surprisingly fun. 9.5/10

Replay Value- This game is built so that every time you play the same level, it is different. In reality, the only things that are the same are the background colors, music, and difficulty/name. Never will you play the same level twice, which means that you can play for hundreds of hours experimenting with new stuff. And with 6 levels, it will keep you for a while. 10/10

Addiction and Difficulty- This game has a strange power I have never seen any other game come close to having- well, maybe except for Solitaire... anyways, this game is addicting as all heck. I tell you, I played this game every single day for 3 months. I kept coming back for more. Even long after I had beaten the game, I had kept coming back. This game is extremely difficult. Most people don't stay long after starting because they give up. However, it is genuine difficulty. It's not because of poor controls or level design, it's because they haven't practiced enough. Super Hexagon is a game of practice makes perfect. You cannot expect to be good at it right away. And with that, I commend it. For making people need to try over and over. 10/10

Graphics/Music- This game's "graphics" Are pretty much just vectors set on a colorful spinning background. They're simple. They don't try to be amazing, since that's not what this game tries to do. They aren't the best, but what they lack, is makes up for in music. This game has an amazing soundtrack of a whole 3 songs. But these songs are amazing. In fact, "Focus", the theme of Hyper Hexagonest and Hexagonest, is in my top 10 video game themes of all time. 10/10

Story- 10/10
    Gameplay- 9.5/10
    Addiction and Difficulty- 10/10
    Replay Value- 10/10
    Graphics/Music- 10/10
    Total- 99/100- Go buy it NOW
  12. Jan 5, 2014
    17 hours so far for less than a dollar. Pure cocaine. Although I've always liked super simple but hard games like this (think Super Meat Boy, Hotline Miami, etc). Buy it, even if you don't like you spent like no money. Also, don't listen to the noobs who say keyboard doesn't work. They're just bad. I beat Super Meat Boy up to the third dark world with keyboard. Keyboard is just the same as17 hours so far for less than a dollar. Pure cocaine. Although I've always liked super simple but hard games like this (think Super Meat Boy, Hotline Miami, etc). Buy it, even if you don't like you spent like no money. Also, don't listen to the noobs who say keyboard doesn't work. They're just bad. I beat Super Meat Boy up to the third dark world with keyboard. Keyboard is just the same as everything: Learnable. Expand
  13. Nov 28, 2012
    Super addictive, really hard, awesome music, controls are fine if you use a control pad guy giving it a bad rating is a just a scrub who cant get past 3 seconds.
  14. Jun 18, 2013
    Super Hexagon is a superb, challenging, minimal game by Terry Cavanagh.
    If you like a challenge and enjoy to experience computer-stimulated trance, play this game.
  15. Feb 17, 2013
    Initially, the game's teeth-gnashing difficulty will induce a deep inner rage and overpowering feeling of despair. Stick around long enough to learn the ropes and it'll become clear why people regard Super Hexagon as being a prime example of unadulterated digital crack.
  16. Jul 3, 2013
    A super addicting, super hard, and all around super game. If fast, difficult, arcadeish gameplay is for you, then you'd love this game. It's low price is just the cherry on the top of an otherwise great game.
    Graphics are a great blend of the fast shapes, rapidly rotating background, and beautiful changing colors. All running great, requiring nil to run.
    What really seals the deal fpr me
    What really seals the deal fpr me is the music, it's some of the best I've heard in a long while (avid chiptune fan), and it's what keeps me going through the many screw-ups. And I do screw up a lot, but I never hold it against the game. It's got something that keeps me coming back for more, and the only scoring helps in attempting to get that score up.
    The only real cons I can think of is the re-playability of it all. But then again, that isn't an issue with a game like this.
    I'd recommend this to pretty much anyone whose in the spirit for a game that pulls all the punches, and is great fun to play in either short bursts, or long score-grinding sessions.
  17. Jan 3, 2014
    The fact this game exists is proof that such simplicity can make for such an excellent experience. Super Hexagon is like a flash game you find on an online site which really excels from the rest. The original 'prototype' of this game (which was one of the flash games mentioned above) was extremely popular and so an improved version made it past Steam Greenlight and ended up on steam for aThe fact this game exists is proof that such simplicity can make for such an excellent experience. Super Hexagon is like a flash game you find on an online site which really excels from the rest. The original 'prototype' of this game (which was one of the flash games mentioned above) was extremely popular and so an improved version made it past Steam Greenlight and ended up on steam for a very low price.
    The music, flashing colours and spinning view alll make for a game which teaches you to recognise what is happening and what is likely to happen next.
    The psychedelic style and the optical illusion effects make this game all the more addictive. A definite good choice to add to your collection of small-time indie games.
  18. Feb 28, 2013
    Incredibly addicting and very very difficult game. Very unique game and very catchy soundtrack. Bought this 2 days ago and already played it like 8 hours. There are only 6 levels and one level takes 60 seconds to beat. So unless you are asian or god you can't beat this game in 6 minutes from the first play.
  19. Jan 28, 2014
    Deceptively simple, ingeniously infuriating, incredibly fun. I will never stop loving this game.
    That isn't to say this game is for everyone. It will knock you into the dirt until you beg for mercy, and even then it will just kick you some more. But for someone like myself, the satisfaction you get when you hear "Excellent" is well worth the pain.
    The music, the gameplay, and the
    The music, the gameplay, and the graphics never get old. After 22 hours of gameplay, I'm still in love with this game.
  20. Jul 16, 2013
    What is a 600+ game collection worth when you can't help but getting back again and again to the same "silly" game? Yes, this is Super Hexagon! It is the ideal game for brief relaxation when working because the games are VERY short (at least for me, rarely lasting more than 2 minutes!), but totally addictive and engrossing! "Game over", press space, play, "Game over", press space, play...
  21. Apr 4, 2013
    +1 with what has already been said about this game.

Simple, addictive, difficult, easily accessible, fast paced, great soundtrack, highly hypnotic. Don't be expecting any more depth to the game than move a triangle around a hexagon with groovy music though, that is all the game is, but that actually plays to the game's strength because if it's nature. Anybody can play! I mean
    +1 with what has already been said about this game.

Anybody can play! I mean anybody! This game is great to have on at housepartys where you would use your laptop as your primary music system hooked up to speakers, everyone loves it! I think this game could become a real fad like angry birds and all that stuff, because it has simple start/stop addicting gameplay, and they have an android app too! Got my copy in the Humble Indie Bundle for android, and I can safely say the android version is equally as good!

Could not recommend this game more to anyone, apart from those with epilepsy perhaps or motion sickness...

Simply put: GET IT! IT'S $3!
  22. Dec 8, 2014
    This is the only game ever I don't get frustrated by failing. You will fail again and again and again, repeat the same level and it never gets boring. If you like pushing yourself to your limits and finishing for the sake of knowing you can do it, then Super Hexagon is the perfect game. Very solid mechanics, well balanced levels, amazing music and responsive controls. It is just impressiveThis is the only game ever I don't get frustrated by failing. You will fail again and again and again, repeat the same level and it never gets boring. If you like pushing yourself to your limits and finishing for the sake of knowing you can do it, then Super Hexagon is the perfect game. Very solid mechanics, well balanced levels, amazing music and responsive controls. It is just impressive how much fun I could get out of such a minimalist game. Expand
  23. Mar 12, 2014
    So simple, but not easy. The shapes keep turning around and around but you'll have to keep you head steady. I like it. Even when I lose so much I always want another chance to beat it.
  24. Jan 6, 2014
    Super Hexagon is minimalist, simplistic, and consists of highly repetitive gameplay. If you are looking for a game that can occupy you for hours or even 30 minutes per sitting this game probably isn't it.

But, if you are looking for something you can play on your work breaks instead of Solitaire/Minesweeper or something you can fire up and play for a short 5-to-15 minute spurt because you can't decide what else to do with yourself Super Hexagon fits the bill just right.

Its gameplay consists of you controlling a small triangle at the center of the screen and using the left+right arrows on the keyboard or the left+right buttons on a mouse to dodge incoming lines for as long as possible while the screen occasionally rotates to increase the difficulty and up-tempo trance beats play in the background. Guaranteed to challenge your pattern recongition and reflex skills even on the slowest speed setting and makes for both a fun and potentially addicting experience.

And, yes, while the game itself doesn't have much content: only a few levels (which are essentially just sped up versions of eachother) and a soundtrack consisting of what seems like only 3 or 4 songs the cheap price tag of 30cents to a few bucks more than justifies the high marks this game gets.
  25. Jun 4, 2015
    Super Hexagon was a game within the web browser (and still is). But now its a Steam game with achievements. And with its roots back from the web browser, you still have the amazing visuals and audio while playing. Your goal is to make a Hexagon while going through other Hexagons but at a fast pace and beat your time or beat the level that you died on. Super Hexagon is a fun and a hard gameSuper Hexagon was a game within the web browser (and still is). But now its a Steam game with achievements. And with its roots back from the web browser, you still have the amazing visuals and audio while playing. Your goal is to make a Hexagon while going through other Hexagons but at a fast pace and beat your time or beat the level that you died on. Super Hexagon is a fun and a hard game and will put your brain to a challenge. Expand
  26. May 6, 2014
    hahaha just play this fun short and cheap. when your bored just start super hexagon and scream at your pc.
    with awesome music and great and fast gameplay its hard to criticais this game!
  27. Jul 17, 2013
    Very challenging for any player. Super Hexagon is really addictive to anyone who plays. The biggest reason it's so addicting is because there's no long "Game Over" Screen. You don't get frustrated when you lose (sometimes), you just want to play more and get better at it. The music is amazing, it goes together with every level perfectly. The graphics and the music complement each other soVery challenging for any player. Super Hexagon is really addictive to anyone who plays. The biggest reason it's so addicting is because there's no long "Game Over" Screen. You don't get frustrated when you lose (sometimes), you just want to play more and get better at it. The music is amazing, it goes together with every level perfectly. The graphics and the music complement each other so well. The hexagon grows and shrinks like a media player visualization. The controls are very simple to understand, but hard to master. When the screen spins to one side, your triangle your controlling can go faster. This is really important when you're at "Hexagonest" or any of the "Hyper Modes". Expand
  28. Jul 20, 2013
    Warning: This game is HARD. Even the first level's difficulty is labeled "Hard". It revolves around a simple concept of you (a triangle) trying to dodge an endless wave of trapezoids that fall in various patterns. Yet, really only two skills are required to play this game: Reflex and Memorization. You HAVE to have a good reaction time to advance. You also need to learn the patterns in theWarning: This game is HARD. Even the first level's difficulty is labeled "Hard". It revolves around a simple concept of you (a triangle) trying to dodge an endless wave of trapezoids that fall in various patterns. Yet, really only two skills are required to play this game: Reflex and Memorization. You HAVE to have a good reaction time to advance. You also need to learn the patterns in the game; you won’t get past the first level trying to mindlessly dodge trapezoids. Also, the game tends to change colors and such in a way that the game looks like a minimalist acid trip. This game thrives off being difficult, which seemed to be the developer's goal, and it is well executed, making the gameplay very addictive. In other challenging minimalist games such as The Impossible Game, repeated failure is extremely aggravating more than it should be, with elements such as a Death Counter and an annoying looping music track. In Super Hexagon, the game does not have a Death Counter and does not have a huge number of failures slapped onto the screen; it is much more focused on beating the actual level instead of rubbing your own failures in your face. Secondly, the game isn't exactly rhythm based, so the game feels much less predictable and exciting. Thirdly, after 2-3 attempts, the music track will shift to a different point in the song, so you don't have to retry a level with the song starting at the same point over and over again. And the music here is very well composed and catchy, making it blend with the game itself very well. In the end, it is a very satisfying experience, and I look back on it as a fun challenge with a rewarding ending. Well worth the measly $3 price tag. Expand
  29. Jul 24, 2013
    Its Rockhard but sooooooooooo addicting
    bought it for 1€ on steam totally worth it

The learing curve is insane I am now able to finish all the first three levels and the first level looks so slow now althought first time playing I thought how would I ever be able to manage this?
    anyway totally recomment it up to 3€
  30. Jul 16, 2014
    This is a quite challenging game, requiring you to have sharp hand-eye coordination, a great level of concentration, and ability to focus at all costs. If you have all those, you should be able to nail the first two, or possibly three, levels of this game. It isn't easy though. Aside from its difficulty, this is a good little game with a small price tag.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    May 13, 2013
    Super Hexagon is not a game you'll play for months on end. It's not a significant step in the evolution of games as an art form. But damn if it isn't astounding that a game this simple can be such a joy to play! As a small-scale time waster it's pretty much perfect. [May 2013]
  2. Dec 27, 2012
    Fast, minimal and fun: Super Hexagon is the new Terry Cavanagh triumph.
  3. Dec 6, 2012
    A frenzied, elegant action game that pulses with great music and demanding thrills, for only £2/$3.