6.0

1. May 16, 2013
    Thanks to Surgeon Simulator 2013 I am now on track to becoming a fully licensed orthopedic surgeon in the great state of Massachusetts. Thanks Surgeon Simulator 2013!
  2. Apr 20, 2013
    Hilarious and fun! If you've played games like "Octodad" and enjoyed them, you'll love this.

Differences from the free original version are more surgeries (6 in total), a much more polished experience, and many secrets/easter eggs. I've played for a few hours already and the laughs haven't stopped. They've also tightened the controls enough where the surgeries are actually beatable.

For those who have no idea what this game is you control the arm of a "surgeon" similar to a puppeteer controlling a marionette. Fingers are mapped to buttons and arm/wrist controls are done via mouse. The physics on everything is overly exaggerated. Combining this with the hilariously awkward arm controls means every movement you make is a recipe for disaster and some great laughs. Example: I picked up a drill accidentally by the drill bit and not the handle...the drill handle started spinning out of control, flailing about and obliterating the poor patient's ribcage in the process. I proceeded to use a hammer to open the rest of the ribcage, which got stuck in the patient between a lung and a rib.

This is NOT a serious simulator game! I REPEAT: THIS IS NOT AN ACTUAL SIMULATOR! What this is, is a hilarious time waster that has been polished up enough to be an actual game. Not everyone enjoys these types of products, but if you're like me you'll be laughing until you cry and your sides ache.
  3. Oct 31, 2013
    This game is a great game if you like fooling around with a person's body. This game is humorous, because you can (for example) rip the patient's lung and will still survive. The game is glitchy, but the glitches in this game are so funny that you would almost think it is part of the game. A great game, overall.
  4. May 7, 2013
    Great game. The hilarity that you'll have with this game is totally worth the full price. I recommend you to play this with your friends, because it's as fun to watch as it is to play! Only bad thing about this game is only a few operations. I hope the developers will work on this game and add some more operations (dentist?, plastic surgery?)
  5. Apr 20, 2013
    Anyone posting a negative review complaining about the controls is simply impatient and maybe a bit slow on the uptake. The controls, while sometimes frustrating are perfectly operational if you'll put in a few minutes to figure them out. Besides a bit of frustration with the controls this game is great fun, although not realistic. I enjoy going through the surgeries and seeing how littleAnyone posting a negative review complaining about the controls is simply impatient and maybe a bit slow on the uptake. The controls, while sometimes frustrating are perfectly operational if you'll put in a few minutes to figure them out. Besides a bit of frustration with the controls this game is great fun, although not realistic. I enjoy going through the surgeries and seeing how little blood I can lose and how good a score I can get.

I'm certainly happy with my purchase and if you enjoy gory comedy and a bit of a challenge I advise you to pick it up on steam.
  6. Jun 22, 2013
    It's actually painful to see people complaining about this game's controls too hard or complicated. This game was made with this in mind. The quirky controls, the stupidly weak engine, the unnecessary objects (like lemonade) all must be viewed as a satire, a parody. It is also not for anybody, for example, people with no friends might find it hard to enjoy this game. Surgeon SimulatorIt's actually painful to see people complaining about this game's controls too hard or complicated. This game was made with this in mind. The quirky controls, the stupidly weak engine, the unnecessary objects (like lemonade) all must be viewed as a satire, a parody. It is also not for anybody, for example, people with no friends might find it hard to enjoy this game. Surgeon Simulator 2013 is best played by two people, one of which screaming into the other's ear "DON'T PUT THE LEMONADE BOTTLE IN THERE! WE WILL PUT HIS LUNGS HERE!" while the other is laughing like a maniac. I have enjoyed myself more in this game than both Dragon Age games, Dishonored and Mirror's Edge combined, and I loved those games. My only complaint is that it is rather short, but for those 20 minute breaks with your friends, and considering the price, it is worth it. Collapse
  7. Jun 30, 2013
    I would not recommend getting this game if you don't like novelty, as that is entirely what this one is built around, but don't dismiss it as a "bad" game because of its clunky controls. Complaining that the control is bad is like ordering food you do not like at a restaurant and then complaining about the taste.

The whole game's humor, charm, and difficulty stem from the awkward

The whole game's humor, charm, and difficulty stem from the awkward controls. If it were easy to control the arm it would barely have any challenge, plus you wouldn't see so many hilarious mistakes. Also, it really isn't nearly as hard as most people make it out to be. Like anything else, with a little practice and patience, you'll eventually get the hang of the control and easily pull of the surgeries with few errors.

Bottom line, this game is not meant to be taken serious. It's basically one of those titles to have in your library to force on friends when they come for a visit. It's a good conversation piece, and it makes for a great drinking game. Personally, I find it refreshing to see a game that tries something new instead of going with the done-to-death formulas that are present in so many other games. My only complaint is that I wish it had at least 6 different surgeries instead of 3, but considering it's only a 10 dollar title I guess its fair to have less content.
  8. Apr 22, 2013
    *Minor spoilers* This is a truly amazing game. You must remember not to take it seriously, and well, if you actually do take it seriously, there must be something wrong with you and I'd advice you consult a real doctor. The original web-version was made in 48 hours and was a bit of a viral hit, the developers spent 50 days making a full version with fully textured tools and objects. The*Minor spoilers* This is a truly amazing game. You must remember not to take it seriously, and well, if you actually do take it seriously, there must be something wrong with you and I'd advice you consult a real doctor. The original web-version was made in 48 hours and was a bit of a viral hit, the developers spent 50 days making a full version with fully textured tools and objects. The controls are hard at first, and for the new set of levels taking place in an ambulance, you have to be lucky and just hope that the new heart or organ falls out the back. The game has 6 different operations, if you finish them all, you will unlock a new operation, which takes place somewhere you probably never expected. If you get the controls down, the game is rather short, and it only took me about 3-4 hours to finish all 7 tasks. However, even for such a short game, there are 48 achievements, some which are really, really challenging, but very enjoyable to obtain. A few examples would be to finish an operation while drugged (by touching the syringe) or being electrocuted (by putting one of your tools in the electric outlet), and how about both these combined? Challenging, but fun. No game has made me laugh so much already on the main menu, which is like an interact-able sandbox. If you love to laugh and try something challenging, this game is great for the small price. Expand
  9. Apr 28, 2013
    What's to dislike about this game. It's beautifully made, runs very well, and it's is full of little bells and whistles to discover while playing.
    Most people don't take this game seriously, and don't even end up getting past the first level. However, if you take it seriously, it's addicting and you'll want to keep playing. Of course, it's hilarious at times and difficult to control your master hand, but that just adds to the fun.
  10. Jul 13, 2013
    Really good game, funny and entertaining. It may not be everybody's cup of tea, but I really enjoyed it. The controls seem difficult, but after a bit you get (slightly) used to them. It's easy to work out where to cut things, and I passed the first level (Heart Transplant) within 45 minutes.

Great game.
  11. Jul 11, 2013
    I will say without a doubt that I love how people can could up a crazy concept (Octodad, etc) and make it into a rather surprising great game. Yes, It's suppose to be making a joke of simulator games. A good joke infact. This game is crazy and funny at the same time. For example: Grabbing the end of the drill then slapping the guy in the head with it is PRICELESS.
  12. Apr 28, 2013
    This game is the most hilarious time you'll ever have controlling a hand and five fingers. Wait, that sounded wrong. You controll a hovering hand and every one of its fingers, trying to perform either a kidney-, heart-, or braintransplant on your patient (I like to call him Justin because I like stabbing him in the eye a lot, so you Bieber). The extremely difficult controlls and darkThis game is the most hilarious time you'll ever have controlling a hand and five fingers. Wait, that sounded wrong. You controll a hovering hand and every one of its fingers, trying to perform either a kidney-, heart-, or braintransplant on your patient (I like to call him Justin because I like stabbing him in the eye a lot, so you Bieber). The extremely difficult controlls and dark humorous tone make this one of the most viral sim-games ever. Expand
  13. May 26, 2013
    A good cheap fun game. A weird physx engine combined with awkward controls and a very steep difficulty curb make it seem unfinished, but it has a great charm that has to be experienced. Two things to know before buying it:
    1. It's not made to be taken seriously. Don't expect realism.
    1. It's not made to be taken seriously. Don't expect realism.
    2. It will get boring after about 4 hours. There's only 7 surgeries. It's fun while it lasts, but the appeal fades quickly.
  14. Aug 7, 2013
    Controls suck like nothing else, the levels are rage inducing, frothing at the mouth hard and I haven't had this much fun sense playing Nintendo hard games as a kid. I whole heartily recommend buying this game not only for yourself, but for your friends as well.
  15. Sep 30, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Very funny experience, nothing serious here, I really laugh out loud every minute that play the game, is full of secrets and Easter eggs. It worth the ten bucks that costs. Expand
  16. Feb 6, 2014
    This makes Half Life 2 look bad. No, seriously.
    Since this thing needs 150 characters to be submitted, I present to you the most necessarily long sentence ever made!
  17. Feb 2, 2014
    I have to say, I had an amazing amount of fun messing around in this game. I think the big thing you have to realize is that this game is a giant joke. It's NOT supposed to be an actual simulator. It's a weird quirky mess of terrible controls and severed organs, and I love it.
  18. Nov 3, 2013
    This game is pretty good, but not spectacular. The humor is pretty good, the concept is innovative, and It's constantly being updated. However, trying the actually play is beyond frustrating. Objects you try to pick up often faze through your hands, and It's very hard to pick objects up in the first place. I do realize It's meant to be a joke, but the price tag is a bit high for a joke.
  19. Nov 17, 2013
    This game is fun and brilliant I have never really seen anything like it. So let's get down to the missions, the missions are fun mess up able and fast. Normally you will rage but that is not that common now. They have added new missions a TF2 DLC and a little space mission that you have to find. The graphics are nice they are cartoony in my opinion. So that's it. That's the game.
    But
    But the game on steam!
  20. Jan 14, 2014
    Amazing and interesting game which actually is and isn't a simulator..despite it's weird control mapping, it's an fun game and I recomend it to play it with a friend because it's way more funnier
  21. Feb 20, 2014
    As a fat gay dad, I've been having trouble finding success as a neurosurgeon. This game has provided me with all the tools I need to learn to perform my own practice surgeries at home. Soon I'll be practiced enough to become a genuine surgeon. No penises are in this game, and no obese women as far as I could tell.
  22. May 18, 2014
    Surgeon Simulator is not recommended if you want to become a real doctor, but it is so epic! This game is played as a solo, but honestly, you'll laugh alone! Surgeon Simulator is part of the list of games "WHAT THE **** to recommend. In short, if you want to have fun (and break your patients at the same time), buy this game!
  23. Dec 23, 2014
    Surgeon Simulator 2013 is an extremely memorable game. The gameplay is quirky, unique, and a little annoying sometimes. There isn't really a story, but that doesn't matter. There's a fair amount of things to do in the game, but the game is so difficult that sometimes you can't experience all the levels. The graphics could have been better since this is a pretty realistic subject, but youSurgeon Simulator 2013 is an extremely memorable game. The gameplay is quirky, unique, and a little annoying sometimes. There isn't really a story, but that doesn't matter. There's a fair amount of things to do in the game, but the game is so difficult that sometimes you can't experience all the levels. The graphics could have been better since this is a pretty realistic subject, but you can't expect any more from a little game on steam. Overall, Surgeon Simulator 2013 is a ridiculous game that's a little too hard. Expand
  24. Jun 22, 2013

1. Aug 28, 2013
    A likeable little game with the original idea proving definitely your both hands are left. If you approach the game with exaggeration, you won't regret your time nor your money. And that you are full of remorse because you murdered your patients in cold blood? Well, everyone has to start somehow. So grab your scalpel firmly and cut where it moves!
  2. Jun 28, 2013
    It is hilariously awkward to control. [Issue#136, p.111]
  3. Jun 4, 2013
    It’s a toy that you buy to show to your friends. Completing the game takes about 2 hours and then at best you can occasionally laugh with your buddies at the mess you can make with the saw, scalpels, hammer and your bare hand. [CD-Action 07/2013, p.79]