6.0

1. May 16, 2013
    Thanks to Surgeon Simulator 2013 I am now on track to becoming a fully licensed orthopedic surgeon in the great state of Massachusetts. Thanks Surgeon Simulator 2013!
  2. Apr 20, 2013
    Anyone posting a negative review complaining about the controls is simply impatient and maybe a bit slow on the uptake. The controls, while sometimes frustrating are perfectly operational if you'll put in a few minutes to figure them out. Besides a bit of frustration with the controls this game is great fun, although not realistic. I enjoy going through the surgeries and seeing how little blood I can lose and how good a score I can get.

I'm certainly happy with my purchase and if you enjoy gory comedy and a bit of a challenge I advise you to pick it up on steam.
  3. Apr 22, 2013
    *Minor spoilers* This is a truly amazing game. You must remember not to take it seriously, and well, if you actually do take it seriously, there must be something wrong with you and I'd advice you consult a real doctor. The original web-version was made in 48 hours and was a bit of a viral hit, the developers spent 50 days making a full version with fully textured tools and objects. The controls are hard at first, and for the new set of levels taking place in an ambulance, you have to be lucky and just hope that the new heart or organ falls out the back. The game has 6 different operations, if you finish them all, you will unlock a new operation, which takes place somewhere you probably never expected. If you get the controls down, the game is rather short, and it only took me about 3-4 hours to finish all 7 tasks. However, even for such a short game, there are 48 achievements, some which are really, really challenging, but very enjoyable to obtain. A few examples would be to finish an operation while drugged (by touching the syringe) or being electrocuted (by putting one of your tools in the electric outlet), and how about both these combined? Challenging, but fun. No game has made me laugh so much already on the main menu, which is like an interact-able sandbox. If you love to laugh and try something challenging, this game is great for the small price. Expand
  4. Jun 22, 2013
    It's actually painful to see people complaining about this game's controls too hard or complicated. This game was made with this in mind. The quirky controls, the stupidly weak engine, the unnecessary objects (like lemonade) all must be viewed as a satire, a parody. It is also not for anybody, for example, people with no friends might find it hard to enjoy this game. Surgeon Simulator 2013 is best played by two people, one of which screaming into the other's ear "DON'T PUT THE LEMONADE BOTTLE IN THERE! WE WILL PUT HIS LUNGS HERE!" while the other is laughing like a maniac. I have enjoyed myself more in this game than both Dragon Age games, Dishonored and Mirror's Edge combined, and I loved those games. My only complaint is that it is rather short, but for those 20 minute breaks with your friends, and considering the price, it is worth it. Collapse
  5. Jul 13, 2013
    Really good game, funny and entertaining. It may not be everybody's cup of tea, but I really enjoyed it. The controls seem difficult, but after a bit you get (slightly) used to them. It's easy to work out where to cut things, and I passed the first level (Heart Transplant) within 45 minutes.

Great game.
  6. Jul 11, 2013
    I will say without a doubt that I love how people can could up a crazy concept (Octodad, etc) and make it into a rather surprising great game. Yes, It's suppose to be making a joke of simulator games. A good joke infact. This game is crazy and funny at the same time. For example: Grabbing the end of the drill then slapping the guy in the head with it is PRICELESS.
  7. Apr 28, 2013
    This game is the most hilarious time you'll ever have controlling a hand and five fingers. Wait, that sounded wrong. You controll a hovering hand and every one of its fingers, trying to perform either a kidney-, heart-, or braintransplant on your patient (I like to call him Justin because I like stabbing him in the eye a lot, so you Bieber). The extremely difficult controlls and dark humorous tone make this one of the most viral sim-games ever. Expand
  8. Aug 7, 2013
    Controls suck like nothing else, the levels are rage inducing, frothing at the mouth hard and I haven't had this much fun sense playing Nintendo hard games as a kid. I whole heartily recommend buying this game not only for yourself, but for your friends as well.
  9. Feb 6, 2014
    This makes Half Life 2 look bad. No, seriously.
    Since this thing needs 150 characters to be submitted, I present to you the most necessarily long sentence ever made!
  10. Feb 20, 2014
    As a fat gay dad, I've been having trouble finding success as a neurosurgeon. This game has provided me with all the tools I need to learn to perform my own practice surgeries at home. Soon I'll be practiced enough to become a genuine surgeon. No penises are in this game, and no obese women as far as I could tell.
  11. Jun 22, 2013

1. Aug 28, 2013
    A likeable little game with the original idea proving definitely your both hands are left. If you approach the game with exaggeration, you won't regret your time nor your money. And that you are full of remorse because you murdered your patients in cold blood? Well, everyone has to start somehow. So grab your scalpel firmly and cut where it moves!
  2. Jun 28, 2013
    It is hilariously awkward to control. [Issue#136, p.111]
  3. Jun 4, 2013
    It’s a toy that you buy to show to your friends. Completing the game takes about 2 hours and then at best you can occasionally laugh with your buddies at the mess you can make with the saw, scalpels, hammer and your bare hand. [CD-Action 07/2013, p.79]