8.6

1. ManuelH.
    Jun 19, 2005
    This game is nice but the handling, which is crucial for a tactical shooter, is worse than that of its predecessors. Some missions are too hard, the difficulty level is not the very consistent in the late game. I also disliked the diffculty settings because you don't only have to get a higher percentage but the enemies are also harder to master, which makes the higher levels This game is nice but the handling, which is crucial for a tactical shooter, is worse than that of its predecessors. Some missions are too hard, the difficulty level is not the very consistent in the late game. I also disliked the diffculty settings because you don't only have to get a higher percentage but the enemies are also harder to master, which makes the higher levels impossible. The AI of the team members is bad. Often they stand in your way and several times they get shoot down by the enemy one after the other. Then the game is more like a first person shooter where the player has to do all the killing himself. Expand
  2. Jul 15, 2011
    Every suspects or hostages are Mr Bruce Lee, SWAT officers must not treat those bare handed peoples (Bruce Lee guys) with rubber shots before handcuffing them. The SWAT officers should hand over their guns to those Bruce Lee guys so they can finished the mission themselves, because all the officers are disqualified, so disqualified that it takes a shot at the hostages' leg to make themEvery suspects or hostages are Mr Bruce Lee, SWAT officers must not treat those bare handed peoples (Bruce Lee guys) with rubber shots before handcuffing them. The SWAT officers should hand over their guns to those Bruce Lee guys so they can finished the mission themselves, because all the officers are disqualified, so disqualified that it takes a shot at the hostages' leg to make them compromise/surrender. But the officers in this game are better than the cops that shot an unarmed man dead because he took off running in a sub-way in a real life event. Another down thing is that the officers in this game can't pick up any dropped guns and use them, so when you ran out of ammos you ran of ammos! Anyone can edit the game script and modify the taser gun so it can have a touch light attached to it, shooting at a farther distance with faster projectile speed. If you aimed the taser at a **** crotch and shoot it, you can see the **** is shaking up like she's having an orgasm! Best of all the game rules can be changed by editing more game scripts. Expand
  3. May 27, 2014
    Terrible AI, bad controls, bad behavior, you can't kill any suspect because they remove points. you cant use force, you cant do anything, they give you only a few bullets per mission and a weapon you cant use, why the **** they give you a weapon if you cant kill the armed terrorist, you kill one they remove points, you get hurt, they remove points, the other stupid swats get hurt orTerrible AI, bad controls, bad behavior, you can't kill any suspect because they remove points. you cant use force, you cant do anything, they give you only a few bullets per mission and a weapon you cant use, why the **** they give you a weapon if you cant kill the armed terrorist, you kill one they remove points, you get hurt, they remove points, the other stupid swats get hurt or killed, lees points, the behavior of the other swats is just ridiculous, they let the armed robbers kill the other swats, this game has one of the WORST AI I HAVE EVER SEEN. Incredible bad in context. Say no to swat franchise. Expand
  4. AndreiC.
    May 6, 2005
    Becomes interesting once you get used to all the tricks, but after that you just want to finish faster, because there is not a big difference between levels.
  5. Jeffy
    Jun 7, 2005
    This game is a good first person shooter game, but its not the best compared to Tom Clancy Rainbow Six 3 Raven Shield. Im not bad-mouthing this game, but i played better.
  6. ZeeZee
    Dec 8, 2005
    almost identical to the "rainbow six" series, very enjoyable but at times extremely frustrating as well. I'm only speaking for the single-player and I haven't finished it yet, but I wish there was more variety in the level design and weapon/gadget choices.
  7. Feb 4, 2015
    Almost every single aspect of the game dilapidates once you touched it. The shooting is lame, 5 years old girl would be a batter shooter, than highly skilled SWAT officer. I mean, shooting during movement is not THAT hard for god's sake and you will never hit a single target in this game unless you stand still for at least 3 seconds, I guarantee it. The weapons list is short and most ofAlmost every single aspect of the game dilapidates once you touched it. The shooting is lame, 5 years old girl would be a batter shooter, than highly skilled SWAT officer. I mean, shooting during movement is not THAT hard for god's sake and you will never hit a single target in this game unless you stand still for at least 3 seconds, I guarantee it. The weapons list is short and most of the guns are useless. The enemies are too damn strong, and it's not about my HP or nice AI, it's about their supernatural abilities. (Well, sometimes they act like morons too). Damn modern gangs, recturing world's shooting champions and sh*t. I'd take them in my team instead of those 4 morons. Talking about AI, this is the dumbest AI I ever seen. The last time I played SWAT, I just sent them into a room by themselves to laugh a little. All of them died. And you know why? They were just looking at the enemy for 5 seconds, nobody even tried to make a single shot and he just killed them one by one. This is really damn important for a game in which you have to interact with 4 AI teammates to win, don't you think?

And yet, somehow, the game is good, overrated as hell, but good. It makes you feel that you are SWAT officer, it makes feel responsible for those idiots you call teammates. And it makes you incredibly satisfied about 100/100 score.

There's something compelling about the room-to-room nature of the single-player missions that rarely gets old, even after you've failed a particular mission a dozen times.
    They've managed to make non-lethal tactics both important and fun with great sound bytes, exciting tactics, and a good selection of weapons.
  3. The newest iteration of the series is the best one yet, offering an intelligent and flexible interface, a varied and highly replayable campaign, as well as multiplayer modes that include cooperative play.