System Shock 2 PC

9.1

1. Dec 29, 2014
    This is a famous and highly praised game. Unfortunately I cannot share the enthusiasm: for me it was one large ride of frustration and agony. The game is from 1999 so the graphics are dated but that's not the main problem. The lack of clues makes you pretty much run around for hours. For example in one level you need an access card which can be found on a corpse in a basement which I justThis is a famous and highly praised game. Unfortunately I cannot share the enthusiasm: for me it was one large ride of frustration and agony. The game is from 1999 so the graphics are dated but that's not the main problem. The lack of clues makes you pretty much run around for hours. For example in one level you need an access card which can be found on a corpse in a basement which I just overlooked. Ammo is scarce so you end up using the hand weapon most of the time. However this weapon doesn't work all the time and especially enemies on the ground (e.g. monkeys, spiders, worms) are hard to hit. Also be aware that enemies re-spawn. So after you clear a floor to have a quiet look around, suddenly they reappear and you can start over. Weapons eventually jam which adds up to the annoyance. On top of that there was a bug in the game that cybernetic modules didn't get registered so I had to start over. This is all unfortunate because the game has potential. I would only recommend it to gamers who doesn't care to take hours to explore whole levels. Expand
  2. May 10, 2013
    Shock 2 ain't no Looking Glass game that's for sure. Comparing it with the original is like calling mud chocolate mouse. Clunky, silly, unscary, slow, predictable....and no cyberspace. Thumbs down.
  3. ShawnDarichuk
    Jul 9, 2008
    This game is broken to the point of being unplayable. I don't get a gun when I start, I'm told that I can't even use the gun I just found (because people in the military don't know what guns are), and my only weapon is a wrench. Wow, isn't that fun.
    Easily the worst PC game ever made.

1. A gaming triumph...More astonishingly, they've created a system of classes and abilities that are so varied that there's a compelling reason to actually play through the game more than once.
  2. A frightening game to the point that I found myself having to take breaks from playing just to ease the tension in my shoulders.
  3. Like RPGs? Like to be scared? System Shock 2 shows that a game can please you on a multitude of levels: visual, auditory, and emotional.