• Publisher: NCSOFT
  • Release Date: Oct 30, 2007
8.0

1. joshq
    Dec 21, 2007
    WTF... why is this game rated so high, it sucks. The combat is just like any other mmoe xcept tehres no changes whatsoever in the middle of a fight except like the 4 skills u have lol. the game's story couldnt compell a 5 yr old, the graphics are shitty even for an mmo, wows 4 years old kids and it has better so stfu if ur one of the ppl sayin the graphics are good in this game, iWTF... why is this game rated so high, it sucks. The combat is just like any other mmoe xcept tehres no changes whatsoever in the middle of a fight except like the 4 skills u have lol. the game's story couldnt compell a 5 yr old, the graphics are shitty even for an mmo, wows 4 years old kids and it has better so stfu if ur one of the ppl sayin the graphics are good in this game, i swear wen i first saw trees i thought they were a cliff and teh best part is u cant walk between the trees lol? anyway the little pvp tehre is sucks believe me, like i said ur gonna have like 8 active skills tops by the end of the game.. lets be real this game is autoassault with human models.. 100x worse pvp, worse storyline, id say worse graphics especially terrain wise and even more static (boring) environments, an hows auto assault doing o wait it closed down because it couldnt even make the profit that MMOs u laugh at make... if u think im makin up my comparisons between autoassault and this game, check it out urself, tehy run on NCsofts same engine basis similar to city of heroes. DONT FORGET THIS GAME COSTS LIKE 15-16$ PER MONTH Expand
  2. BobwickR
    Aug 28, 2008
    This game is so terrible that I uninstalled it before even being able to successfully create my first character! The client is so buggy that I essentially could not do so, or at least was unwilling to fight with it to manage it. I can only assume that most of the favorable reviews this game gets in the tabloids are due to shills who were paid for, and most of the favorable reviews it getsThis game is so terrible that I uninstalled it before even being able to successfully create my first character! The client is so buggy that I essentially could not do so, or at least was unwilling to fight with it to manage it. I can only assume that most of the favorable reviews this game gets in the tabloids are due to shills who were paid for, and most of the favorable reviews it gets in the user base are due to rampant stupidity and a willingness to pay for utter garbage. I had the opportunity to play this game for free for two weeks and I've already uninstalled it. I suggest you do the same, if you've already wasted your time acquiring it. If not, don't. Expand
  3. NK
    Dec 15, 2007
    This simply won't cut it as an MMO--an MMO's interface must be intuitive and dead simple for it to truly succeed. This game is a chore to play. The constant gunshot sounds grind on your brain.
  4. D.Z.
    Oct 20, 2007
    A bland MMO with poor performance on most machines. This game makes very little effort to engage you in what could be a very gripping story. Instead, like most MMOs, it pushes you through the story, making you feel as if what you do has no real effect. The interface is also not inspired, it looks exactly like every other MMO on the market. Overall, I would've expected more from A bland MMO with poor performance on most machines. This game makes very little effort to engage you in what could be a very gripping story. Instead, like most MMOs, it pushes you through the story, making you feel as if what you do has no real effect. The interface is also not inspired, it looks exactly like every other MMO on the market. Overall, I would've expected more from Richard Garriot. Expand
  5. Brandon
    Feb 9, 2008
    aimless and boring grind. The entire thing is basically Richard Garriot glorifying himself like the whackjob he is, he tromps around in a fantasy persona called "General British" and just about every event is centered around him. The game has a weak story overall and it has a few graphical bugs that are pretty annoying. Overall I was disappointed, especially the repetitive combat and aimless and boring grind. The entire thing is basically Richard Garriot glorifying himself like the whackjob he is, he tromps around in a fantasy persona called "General British" and just about every event is centered around him. The game has a weak story overall and it has a few graphical bugs that are pretty annoying. Overall I was disappointed, especially the repetitive combat and limited customization. Expand
    Nov 6, 2007
    Wow, what a huge waste. This game was horrible, poor graphics after all the hype. Weak game play and a worse story line. It reminded me of Star Wars Galxies when it first launched and was panned. TR is actually worse though.
  7. ChristopherC.
    Nov 8, 2007
    This game attempts to combine two incompatable genres (RPG and Shooter) and, unfortunately, doesn't achieve its goal. Interesting idea, bad rendering thereof.

1. It will appeal to both hardcore gamers who want to spend hours exploring every square centimeter of this immense world, as well as the casual gamer who only wishes to play for 20 minutes at a time yet feels like they accomplished something.
    While the lack of an auction house hurts the game, the awesome combat, intense battlefield action, fun missions and interesting character progression is more than enough to keep players coming back for a good long while. A well-realized science fiction setting in a genre overflowing with elves and orcs doesn't hurt either.
  3. If this genre has intimidated you in the past, Tabula Rasa is the perfect entry point with its user-friendliness and swift tempo. Calling it a clean slate may be a bit of a stretch, but Richard Garriott has certainly provided gamers with something unique.