8.3

1. Aug 13, 2010
    There's quite a bit of fun to be had here, only to be ruined by a flawed hint system and some puzzles that I required help on. For the most part, however, it's fun and rewarding to solve the puzzles without using a guide.
  2. May 18, 2011
    I got this game for $5 for all 5 chapters during the Steam summer sale. Well worth that price. Although childish, it is very well made. Good story, great voice acting, charming, witty, creative puzzles. Takes about 4 hours of play time to finish each chapter so roughly 20 hours total.
  3. Aug 6, 2011
    I specially sing in to Metacritic to rate this game. I saw some reviews and decidet to write my own. For thoese who likes pirates and love homor will love this game. thumbs up! At the first some minutes i was so banned that i had to play the game to the end. i played 80 hours.
    80 hours full of fun wonderfull story and humor.
  4. May 1, 2012
    Monkey Island is back. And in a BIG way. Almost a decade had passed with no new games and many fans had begun to loose faith there would never be another portion of their favourite pirate adventure game. However LucasArts in association with Telltale Games have brought Guybrush, Elaine, LeChuck and the others back for a really fun title. The voice acting is fantastic and luckily many (although not all) of the original cast have returned. The puzzles are challenging in a good way, however some fans might be turned off with the new graphics. Expand
  5. sLm
    Feb 11, 2014
    Lots of Spanish references, and not a single game translation of the game in Spanish. Dumbasses... And by the way, the "j" in "Esponja" is not pronounced /dʒ/, but /h/...
    -.-'''

1. It's not as engaging or memorable as we remember the originals to be, and the puzzles won't blow anyone away, but it's still hugely exciting to play a brand new Monkey Island game, such is the enduring popularity of the early 90s classics.
  2. The difficulty of the problem-solving you're tasked with is perfectly pitched, and if you do get stuck, the very subtle hint system may be all you need to help you along. You never feel overwhelmed and the gameplay doesn't become tedious or as frustrating as it can in other adventure games.
    Monkey Island is back. This first episode is a strong start, with Guybrush at his best, an amusing script and a barrel of grog to boot.