5.7

1. Jul 8, 2014
    What the fanboys have failed to tell you is that there any any number of random crashes, lockups and not being able to finish a game that constantly happen. They also want $2.99 for EACH character in the DLC section. I can understand DLC like an expansion with 90 extra cards being $2.99 but really $2.99 for ONE character. lol That is just totally ridiculous.

I do not recommend this

I do not recommend this game. If you're going to put money into Talisman get the REAL game with REAL value. A digital game like this with all the crashing and bugs and problems will never be worth anything in the future like the boardgame will. This time the pro reviewers got it right. It's not worth what they want for it. Toddlers toy at the most for 8 or 9 year olds. It relies on a lot of luck and hardly any strategy.
  2. Aug 8, 2014
    Talisman is a very poor board game to begin with. Main game mechanic is frustrating the player. A dice game that goes on for 3-8 hours.
    The Digital edition is a bad port of the board game. It forces you to watch hundreds of die-roll animations every game. It's bug-ridden and you can not expect anything to work at any time - it will just not function, at random critical moments. Interaction with the game is often non-intuitive and cluncky. You can forget multiplayer as it crashes at random roughly 9 of 10 games.
    Talisman Digital Edition runs a DLC greed-scheme, where they offer you the game piecemeal for an insane price.
    This is as bad as it gets.
  3. Feb 28, 2014
    Very good rendition of the board game. The game is explained very well so it's easy for novices and experts to enjoy. I've had a lot of games online and really enjoyed them. Some can take a while to play, but it's still a lot quicker than playing the board game. Highly recommended!
  4. Jul 19, 2014
    PC port FAIL.

PC port FAIL.

Nomad Games had ONE JOB - to create a UI for the board game. They failed. About a minute into playing this, I realized that it would have been better to release this as a browser game. Think about it - the default browser/Windows UI is BETTER than the mess that Nomad Games concocted. That I enjoyed playing the board game in my tender youth only deepens my disappointment and irritation.

Well played, Nomad Games.
  5. Mar 7, 2014
    A well executed version of the board game with the option of either a single or mutli-player game.

I can easily recommend this game if you are a fan of the original or looking for a classic game to play.
  6. Mar 9, 2014
    Excellent virtual version of the board-game. Played this for hours to sharpen my skills! The Reaper expansion adds lots of variety. Can't wait for the Frostmarch!
  7. Mar 10, 2014
    Great Game
    Love playing this when I cant get the gaming group together in one place! Has the look and feel of the Original board game without the setup time! Must buy for Board-game fans
  8. Mar 10, 2014
    Seems like a faithful version of the classic boardgame, without the hassle of setting up, shuffling, and tearing down that comes with the real version. Ideal for players of all ages who fancy starting a game that they don't have to finish in one sitting thanks to the save feature
  9. Mar 10, 2014
    Nostalgia at its finest. The digital edition of this game has brought back many memories of mine. The digital version of the game also offers many features that the board game could not. Personally, it was always frustrating getting the family around to set up the board game. Now pass to play on a big game is not only incredibly fun, its a seem-less delight.

Highly recommend.
  10. Mar 10, 2014
    I signed up for this account as a result of playing the digital edition of Talisman. It is a really faithful and lovingly constructed game, by people that clearly have a passion for the source material. It really has a strong 'one more turn' vibe that encourages you to play until the end of a game. I really support the developers in putting this together and would readily recommend it toI signed up for this account as a result of playing the digital edition of Talisman. It is a really faithful and lovingly constructed game, by people that clearly have a passion for the source material. It really has a strong 'one more turn' vibe that encourages you to play until the end of a game. I really support the developers in putting this together and would readily recommend it to fans of the board game and people looking for something a bit different. Good fun! Expand
  11. Mar 13, 2014
    Retained the originality of the board game, mix the reduced clear away time and multiplayer support with the expansion capability in this version and you have to admit there is something worth noting when it comes to the electronic version. One of the most original retro's for a while, well worth the play. AAAAAAA++++
  12. May 23, 2014
    I've been a huge fan of the board game for many years. Unfortunately I'm rarely able to gather with anyone to play with. This game truly solves that issue as the AI is pretty good and the online portion is even better. For those familiar with the board game, I really don't think you'll be disappointed as it is very accurate while having some extra tweets, that in my opinion, make itI've been a huge fan of the board game for many years. Unfortunately I'm rarely able to gather with anyone to play with. This game truly solves that issue as the AI is pretty good and the online portion is even better. For those familiar with the board game, I really don't think you'll be disappointed as it is very accurate while having some extra tweets, that in my opinion, make it even better! Expand
  13. Jun 30, 2014
    I played this game back when I was 10 years old...the board game. I LOVED IT. Boy was I excited to see it come on Steam today. I bought 4 copies today and am, as I type, playing the game in windowed mode. Typing in between turns. Thoroughly enjoying this game. I recommended it for board game loves. Might not be your thing if you are looking for Call of Duty or StarCraft 2. TheI played this game back when I was 10 years old...the board game. I LOVED IT. Boy was I excited to see it come on Steam today. I bought 4 copies today and am, as I type, playing the game in windowed mode. Typing in between turns. Thoroughly enjoying this game. I recommended it for board game loves. Might not be your thing if you are looking for Call of Duty or StarCraft 2. The thing I didn't like about the board game is that I couldn't play it without friends. NOW I can! Get it. Expand
  14. Jul 13, 2014
    As an old time Talisman player I was thrilled to see this come to Steam. It is as one would expect it to be, a computer game verson of the bored game which I believe has been done very well. It's the first time I've been able to play Talisman as a single player and while the AI is a little dodgy at times it does try its best to give you a fun game. This is a game I keep coming back to, toAs an old time Talisman player I was thrilled to see this come to Steam. It is as one would expect it to be, a computer game verson of the bored game which I believe has been done very well. It's the first time I've been able to play Talisman as a single player and while the AI is a little dodgy at times it does try its best to give you a fun game. This is a game I keep coming back to, to kill a little time. Expand
  15. Sep 14, 2014
    Nunca jugué a la versión de tablero. Pero debo decir que este juego me sorprendió gratamente. Me encanta la música, la interfaz, las cartas, todo. Es altamente adictivo.
    Me encanta!!
  16. Jul 1, 2014
    Faithful rendition of the board game. Cheaper than the board game as well. My gaming group mentioned picking it up in lieu of playing the actual board game, and we found it faster to play online. The musical score is pleasant and doesn't seem to get old even after playing for a few hours. The in-game menus are easy to use and understand, however you'll want to spend a fewFaithful rendition of the board game. Cheaper than the board game as well. My gaming group mentioned picking it up in lieu of playing the actual board game, and we found it faster to play online. The musical score is pleasant and doesn't seem to get old even after playing for a few hours. The in-game menus are easy to use and understand, however you'll want to spend a few minutes reading up on spell queues and how to use your cards as it isn't clear how to do it initially. Options to increase AI movement speed help expedite single player games to under an hour. My only complaint would be that game menus for graphics, and setting up a game seem clunky, you also need to manually turn on DLC which seems bizarre, although its a one time aggravation. I bought it when it went on sale for $6 on steam, and I don't regret it. Expand
  17. Jul 20, 2014
    Great port of board game. The ai is good enough, at least for me. The long play time may be boring for some, so... be advised. For the board game fans, two thumbs up!

1. Jun 28, 2014
    When you’re playing with three other people, session includes 1.5h of watching others make their moves. It’s not a problem when you’re sitting around the board of the original Talisman game, chatting and laughing, but it doesn’t work too well in a computer game. Otherwise it’s a great adaptation. [05/2014, p.66]
  2. Apr 14, 2014
    As a game that endures precisely because of its easygoing, laughable nature, Talisman is far from ideal.
  3. Apr 10, 2014
    Monopoly with monsters – what can be better than that? Well, turns out, pretty much everything else.