9.2

1. Jul 16, 2011
    Great game, but don't waste your time on the xbox 360 version...especially now that its free on steam! On the PC there's lots of user content, mods and the game is constantly evolving.
  2. Jul 17, 2011
    Stellar. Absolutely positively stellar in every possible and impossible way. The game controls are user-friendly, the humor in the game is great, and it's easy to pick up. Hell, after only one week of play I was pretty much on par with everyone else. The game balance is great, and the ability to switch classes on the fly is the huge kicker. Got a problematic Sniper or Heavy with a Medic? Take them out as a Spy. Your team attacking but can't capture the final control point? Go Scout and capture it with relative ease. However, be wise about it, because whatever strong points you have someone quick enough can take you down. Each class has its little tricks that make it so special and, quite frankly, awesome. No class is boring here. Add the fact that it's Free to Play now and you have yourself one of the best games on the freakin' planet. Absolutely stellar.

My only complaints are Snipers on Expert mode on Offline Practice. They have superhuman senses and quite frankly are kinda hard to get a clear shot of without getting shot instantly.
  3. Jul 18, 2011
    awesome game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  4. Jul 22, 2011
    I have to say, this is an absolute great PC game by Valve. Sure, it lags a tiny bit, but it still withstands. Sure, its Pyro and Scout classes are a tiny bit unbalanced, but it's /still/ a great game.
  5. Jul 27, 2011
    Completely and magnificently perfect. The gameplay is amazing. The classes are all unique and dynamic. It's a shame they included it in the console versions of the Orange Box, it would've been better as a PC exclusive. Plus, the endless variants of game modes on separate servers. There's something for everyone.
  6. Aug 1, 2011
    Brilliant quality game. Graphics that are simple but fun, with exiting gameplay but a relaxed atmosphere. Great community quality with balanced classes for everyone's interests.Good game for all skill levels with great team play. Perfect for groups of friends and people who like a fast-paced game that keeps you entertained.
  7. Aug 17, 2011
    Gotta give this a 10. How could it get anything less? Its colorful. Its wacky. Its fun! Every single character class brings something important to the team. Teamwork is the focus of this game and if you want to win you're gonna need a lot of it. I've logged nearly 600 hours since Day 1 on TF2 and its earned every single penny I've spent on it. Plus with the Mann Catalog expanding all the time you'll never tire from collecting weapons or those highly sought after hats. Expand
  8. Aug 25, 2011
    Probably one of the more fun games I've played! Great variety of weapons and yes, hats, lots and lots of hats. Emphasis on the team and team goals is great, less concern on the the players kill/death ratio. Friendly user base. Great game.
  9. Aug 27, 2011
    WOW. that pretty much sums up this game. Team Fortress 2 is a class-based FPS, cartoony-style game, that is fun anytime. It is amazing that this game is F2P now. I would've happily paid $20 or more for this game. The personailities and traits surrounding these characters make them seem more personal, and unique. Gameplay is amazing; intense team coordination, in different game modes, to victory.
    Must have for all gamers.
  10. Jun 24, 2013
    though it is not my favourite kind of game type,but it is perfect,fun game experience,monthly update fix and improve,and add new things,and it is free.the most important reason i play it is now not so many online game can improve it that is was published for so long,there are only a few game is like this(except valve game),such as killing floor,wargame(focus home interactive).
    so many
    kinds of unit we can use,but still are balanced from each other,COD is a counterexample,though it is nice and exciting,but soon will be forgotten,maybe Treyarch is better,but IW is rubbish,they only focus on money making,but tf2 shows us free game and balance game still can make a lot of money Expand
  11. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is fun and FREE!. I know, the graphics suck, and you gan take a rocket to the face. it is very unrealistic, but it is certainly fun. And free. Most of the free games really push you for buying things, but in TF2 it is easy to get weapons without buying stuff. So that's it.
  12. Oio
    Sep 6, 2011
    Its my favourite multiplayer game of all time. 200% of fun with good looking graphics even 3 years after release. I bought it for 30$ and played for about 500 hours. Now its free, and i'm still playing :)
  13. Sep 7, 2011
    Other than UT2004, this is one of the most played games that I own. It again elicits the "epic win" response, shortened breath, cold sweat, and an eruption of vocalizations upon winning. Incredibly addicting, and now being f2p it's even better. A must play.
  14. Sep 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Team Fortress 2 Is one of the best FPS games ever, In my opinion it deserves a Perfect score.
    But there's one thing that annoys me.... Its the Mann co. store. First thing is how expensive the items are in it, Like key for instance there really expensive and only for opening crates which nearly always have crap, Like weapons that are really old.
  15. Sep 10, 2011
    Team Fortress 2, a game I wanted for 3 years already, then it became free and I downloaded it, 10 hours later I started this game up on my crappy pc, the fps was low it lagged alot but I still had fun, now I have a better pc and own alot more games, but TF2 makes me want to come back the whole time! It really is the best fun (for free) that you can have, I already bought a premium account and me and my friends are going to buy a server soon, download it, play it and waste 115 hours or more in 3 months (Like me) Expand
  16. Sep 13, 2011
    I notice that most of the people complaining about the game got it for the PS or something, not the PC. Team Fortress is a really fun game that might sometimes be frustrating but is really fun.
  17. Nov 1, 2011
    Many many props are due to Valve for making this a free to play game. Me and my son started playing this game together and i went and ordered him the Orange Box which we both also love. regardless of price this game is totally worth it. They have MP down team auto balance and smooth smooth gameplay. This game is endlessly fun with so many classes and play styles to choose from. I recommend this game to any FPS lover. Expand
  18. Sep 19, 2011
    Basically, the pinnacle of multiplayer game. Pure, mindless team-fun. I recommend it to everyone, moreso now, when it's free.

To be honest, I hated TFC. And I do love TF2, it's just a perfect multiplayer game.
  19. Aug 29, 2012
    Since Mann vs. Machine is out, I think it's time for a re-review of TF2. In case you don't already know; Team Fortress 2 is a competitive online shooter with wonderful cartoon visuals, engaging class-based teamplay and is still more fun than most other online shooters. The MvM update adds a fairly substantial co-op mode in which you team up with four others to stop robots from deploying a bomb to your base, so it's basically an elaborate form of tower defence. Like the main game, MvM never ceases to be entertaining even whilst your team is getting repeatedly ground into the dirt. The game is also free, so unless you're paranoid about disk space, then Team Fortress 2 is a no-brainer, even if you're not into online shooting games. Expand
  20. Oct 26, 2011
    Incredibly creative, fantastic teamplay, very well balanced and hilarious in every way. This is the game for anyone looking to blow time in a fun, fair and not-so-hardcore way. Ignore the trolls that complain about OP weapons and a lack of skill. Firstly, every class and weapon can be countered with teamwork, I cannot emphasize this fact enough. This is not in any way a run and gun CoD style shooter, it requires you to judge a situation before entering the fray and actually work with teammates via the use of Ubers, clearing sticky bombs, taking out turrets, portals and enemy snipers etc.. And 2nd, if the game requires no skill, then why are so many of you complaining about not getting any kills? Or that enemies are too hard to kill? Expand
  21. Nov 5, 2011
    My favorite game of all time. Classes, to me, are very balanced and I love how the spy works. Nothing like sneaking up on someone and stabbing them in the back... The best of the best of mutiplayer games.
  22. Nov 3, 2011
    This game is well yeah.. Very entertaining and funny! I would recommend everybody to download it, as it is a free game which just makes it even better!

Funny game play, and the way the game look, is just funny too.! So 10/10
  23. Nov 3, 2011
    I made this account just to laugh at the haters of this game. @gabrielU there is no such class as bomberman, concluding you probably barly spent and hour on this game. Heck, i knew the classes names before i started playing.... @darthpoopies In case you didnt notice, all of the item in the game are made with some benifit and some defect, i agree its not perfectly balenced, but the game is made so that in one on one battles the outcome will depend on class type and skill. @burtH Lol? @MoiaM Might want to try actually switching classes. @BlakeC you really shouldnt use to this day, at least have the decency to deleate your comment now that trade and random drops are working better. @HelpU LOL you call 40 hours a "good" amount of time? @BeanB so what you are saying is that theres no "pros" in this game? theres no way to inprove your skill? Listen to yourself for a second... @JoshuaS In about 50 games i will only find one hacker, and even then he will probably be kicked before the round ends. Go join a game like crossfire, and enjoy being killed every 10 seconds by some kid who thinks its funny to hack. Crossfire actually made kickvoting INCREDIBLY easy just because they had so many hackers. @Frank Take a second to MAKE A COMPLETE SENTENCE. but besides that, i have yet to encounter one passworded server... If your game is crashing, i would recomend going to graphics and decreasing the quality, if that doesnt work its probably the server, and you can just find a server with a good latancty instead of joining a random one. Expand
  24. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is one of the most fun you can have playing online. In my... ahem... professional opinion, this game's multiplayer is better than the call of duty series. The online matches are frantic, fun, and actually require teamwork to succeed. The classes are humorous, diverse, and useful, making them lots of fun. Plus, if you asked 10 people what their favorite class is, you would get a different response every time. The item system is fun, and adds another layer of depth to the game. The only reason this game does not get a 10/10 is because it has essentially no single player, so you cant play it on the go without wi-fi. All in all, a fun gaming experience. Wait...WHAT!?...ITS FREE!!! EVERYONE GET THIS GAME NOW!!! Expand
  25. Nov 8, 2011
    This is the best game on the PC. Hands down the best. If for some reason you have not played it yet, shame on you. Go get it now, its free and is the definition of a perfect game.
  26. Nov 11, 2011
    BEST MULTIPLAYER GAME IN THE WORLD.VALVE,BRAVO FOR DOING SUCH A AWESOME JOB ON THIS GAME.BEST GAME EVER PLAYED IN MY SHORT LIFE,1000HRS!BOOYA!BUY THIS GAME NOW.seriously,Now.
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    This was a fun game, this just shows that fps's dont need insane graphics or anything to be fun. When im bored of other games I just play this. As its free and i dont think it has high system requirements I think everybody should download this. I havent played multiplayer but the single player ive played is fun.
  28. Nov 10, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 is simply amazing. The humorous character design and awesome art style make's this game that much greater. Each class has it's own personality, that is fitting to their purpose. The gameplay is simple and fun, and extremely easy to get used to. The community is great (for the most part) and the frequent updates keep this game going. Countless hat's and weapons are an attraction to the game as well, making other players jealous of your looks. Collapse
  29. Nov 10, 2011
    Truly a masterpiece of game design, in every respect. The beautiful, distinct art direction and sound design are tied directly into the gameplay. The gameplay itself is a refreshing blend of fast-paced action and strategy. And to use the capitalist argument, it's free, so you really have nothing to lose in trying it.
  30. Nov 12, 2011
    This is a really fantastic game, the graphics are cartoony which makes it fun, but what impresses me more is how Valve's physic engine makes the game more fun, it is fun to just shoot dead bodies and see them slide away. There are hundreds of different weapons and hats. And there is a currency in game called metal (it is a currency to me). The more scrap, reclaimed or refined metal you have the richer you are in the game. Valve has really done it again with a really good game like this. Multiplayer is FANTASTIC. This truly is a golden game Expand
  31. Nov 13, 2011
    TF2 really has a way of making this game incredibly fun to play. 9 classes, all with changing weapons, outfits, accessories. There's also an ability to craft items, trade them, and even purchase 100's of items in-game using real life cash. I believe the game is free to play also. u really can't go wrong with that!!!!!
  32. Nov 13, 2011
    This is great!
    In times when graphics are ultra-realistic and perfect, TF2 still does it!
    Love the maps, classes, animations... Sooooo: I love the game =P
  33. Nov 17, 2011
    Greatest multiplayer experience i've had in any game. It's not about the weapons or actual combat it's all about the community! Greatest community alive. Jumping around spamming voice commands, youtube videos, GMod associated. I met a lot of my best friends through Team Fortress 2. The hats are also cool too. So are the characters. Yeah.
  34. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is amazing. I totally recommend it for everybody. The style is great, because you can use it the way you want. You can find a lot of items, or buy a few from the store. I love this game. It is a pretty hard game to get used to at first though. Once you get used to it, its great.
  35. Nov 20, 2011
    When I first heard of a sequel to Team Fortress classic I was surprised but also excited about a new Team Fortress. But now that's I've played it, it is a great game that's graphics are cartoonish yet aesthetically pleasing. But the best part of this game is the class balancing they're so different from each other yet the balancing is something that is top of the standard. This game is lighthearted but very fun and addicting that will still compete wit the other First Person shooters. Valve has shown WHY it's still a maker of great quality FPS

But what it does lack is variety. Playing basically the same thing over and over again won't make sure you stay playing for that long. But when you do start playing, it'll be very hard to get off playing.

When you do start playing it's best that you choose a class that you feel comfortable playing as. The learning curve may be steepish but once you get into it, there's heaps of fun it.
  36. Nov 27, 2011
    This game is amazing. The controls and over all gameplay makes up for the lack of game modes and limited social possibilities (clans, game rooms). The map are well done and divers. Glitches are rare with a solid code. And valve's engine couldn't handle the cartoon ish feeling any better. The characters, divers, yet balanced are a great way to play an FPS with this team sensation. It's free, so you got nothing to lose, you can only win. Expand
  37. Dec 2, 2011
    This game was brilliant when it was first released, now its terribly screwed up. But, there is something about this game which makes it so fun. They added robot arms, bow and arrows, even lazers - none of which fit with the theme of the game. But, its fun as hell. Constant updates, varieties of weapons, memorable characters, and best of all, HEADGEAR FOR YOUR MERCENARIES mean this game remains one of my alltime favourites. Expand
  38. Dec 7, 2011
    One of the most polished and enjoyable FPS titles in my collection. I've continued to play this game with the same enjoyment since I bought it with Orange Box at launch and still consider it my go-to game when I have time. The character art and voices make it one of the few games where you feel that each class has a personality, the ever-expanding catalog of weapons, hats and maps keeps the game continually fresh and Valve's constant inclusion of TF2 extras with games sold on Steam makes it a reason to try out new games.

One of the truly cool games out there that's managed to carry a 4 year long lifecycle. (And it's free now)
  39. Dec 29, 2011
    Excelent stylish graphics. The gameplay is just the ideal to make fun with friends and plan action tactics for fps assaults. All the different characters inside the game are well balanced and each one has an specific way to play and combine with the rest of the team.
  40. Jan 4, 2012
    Whenever someone thinks of PC gaming, they should think of Team Fortress 2. This game, along with Counter-Strike, has made the FPS genre as it stands possible. The theme is cartoony to match the tongue-in-cheek approach the dev team is taking to death with their sarcastic, satirical humor. Blog posts, shot comics, and constant updates add to an ever increasingly confusing and hilariously strange back-story with absolutely no practical application in game, except to give a base for community-made hats. Did I forget to mention hats, weapons, classes, community maps, mods, and the digitalized hide-and-seek mode of prophunt? Expand
  41. Apr 6, 2012
    One of the best PC games of all time, and it's FREE. There are no reasons for you to NOT download it and at least try it out, but I can bet you'll be sucked in by the perfect, meticulously balanced gameplay, the original visual art style or by the quirky comic books and videos Valve releases once in a while, it's a fun game to play, to discuss and be a part of.
  42. Dec 9, 2012
    This is, by far, the most balanced multiplayer game I have ever played in my life. Add in a cartoonish art design, 9 likable characters with their own unique skills and personalities, an unfathomable amount of items, the longest list of achievements for any Steam title, make it free to play, and what you get is the most incredible concoction ever imagined. It has yet to be triumphed, let alone matched, by any other multiplayer title, even after 5 years. Forget every other rage-inducing, mindless shooter, this game is king, and should be treasured for how brilliant and well-polished it is. Expand
  43. Jun 4, 2012
    What can I say, the game is just fun as **** I think they've gone a bit overboard with all the different weapons/hats - some kind of vanilla mode for servers would be a nice option - but at least there are alternative methods to acquire everything beyond having to pay for them.
  44. Aug 26, 2012
    The BEST fps ever! Back in Beta (2006) it was one of a kind, unique.And the graphics are still good for a 6 year old game! Many copied the game. but there's only one TF2! ( Games similar (COPIED) Micro Volts, Final Combat, Battlefield Heroes) Now any of you who hate it, you...probably spent your life playing COD, Roblox, Runescape.
  45. Jun 9, 2012
    In an Era of graphically demanding First Person Shooters, Team Fortress 2 is a Gem. It can Run smoothly on integrated graphics. Fun and Unique Gameplay. Epic Chaos and Mayhem happening in various maps and game modes. The cartoony graphics is visually appealing and beautiful.
  46. Jun 24, 2012
    TF2 is one of the funnest games on PC with near-endless replay value. It keeps making me want to come back to play it! I don't see it as a serious game at all, just a game where I can have fun, which is what made the updates so effective to me. People complain about the fact that the updates ruined the game, but I disagree. At least they CARE about the community and add items which you DON'T have to buy. Another point is that the game is VERY balanced and Valve try to make each weapon have its unique disadvantages that can be countered by another weapon. Because of each class being balanced and having it's unique weakness I feel as is TF2 is a very skillful game that makes you focus on what class to choose with what weapon in order to counter the opposing team and win. There are a couple of bad points to the game however. One is that Valve made specific items buy-able only, and seeing as the prices of nearly EVERY item in the shop are outrageous (I mean £3.50 to change the name of a weapon?!? and £2 to change its colour?!?). One of the reasons for the outrageous prices may be the fact that the game is now free to play, so it may be a little difficult to make profits. Another little flaw to the game is its critical hit system, as it takes A lot of skill out of the game. Expand
  47. Jul 17, 2012
    At first I was hesitant about this game for how minimalistic it was compared to TFC, however it quickly grew on me. The game is far more balanced than its predecessor, and boy is this one well polished multiplayer FPS. At free-ninety-nine the price is more than right for this game, and they've done an excellent job of not making new items overpowered than any of the originals. All the classes and item layouts are extremely well balanced for how much variety there is, the gameplay is tight as hell and smooth as butter. Map designs are good but not great, with the exception of Payload maps which are excellent. My one qualm with this game is the crates - 2.50 for a **** key? Give me a break!! You can buy most of the items that you directly want for .50-1.00, but to open a crate which gives a completely random chance of getting the item you want (more often than not you don't get it). 2.50 for 10 keys seems like a much more logical deal. Oh well though, the game is in my opinion the best multiplayer experience as far as FPS goes at the moment, with no games in sight overtaking it in the foreseeable future. It's the starcraft 2 of FPS multiplayer, it's that good. Expand
  48. Jul 16, 2012
    You might be a bit confused by me giving this game a 7 (it may not actually say 7, cuz it wouldnt stay that way when i clicked submit. My true review score is 7/10) when I tell you that this is my favorite game in the entire world. I read through at least a few dozen negative reviews and realized that a lot of them brought up very good points. I got this game back in 2009, only shortly before it went F2P. At first, I was kicking myself for not waiting another few months to get it. I still feel that way to this day. But after reading so many reviews complaining about "whiny little kids".........I realized that they we right. The **** that people will buy on the steam store turns them invincible. Amd when they die, they always, and I mean ALWAYS, scream their **** lungs off. Now I'm GLAD I got a few months free of whining and being destroyed by a demo night. It ruins the game. And while I still love it more than any other game, I admit it has been hurt DRASTICALLY by becoming F2P. I'm almost pleading valve to either make you pay for it again, nerf the weapons, or both. I hope you guys take what I said into consideration. Nonetheless, I highly recommend the game if you're looking for a wild good time, where you can get decapitated with a golf club and not question how. :) Expand
  49. Jul 28, 2012
    Overall it is a brilliantly designed game. It is not your average FPS. Team Fortress 2 offers a variety of characters, each with completely different specializations, weapons, visual aspects and personalities. It combines fictional aspects, humor and "toony" looks for various reasons. Many other first person shooters have an in-game shop that usually includes stronger weapons and items that you must have to be successful. Team Fortress 2, also known as TF2 provides a shop that merely contains extra items that add effects to your character or help you to obtain weapons that can usually be obtained in-game either by picking them up, trading or crafting them yourself. Team Fortress 2 is based around balance. Nothing is "the best," everything is based around different tasks a player may need to complete. Each character has specific roles that are more successful when used in the right place, at the right time. Every weapon is unique, some have special abilities with a cost to offset the ability's potency. The graphics are cartoonish to add humor and allow even the slowest of computers to play it smoothly. Everything in TF2 has humor. TF2 adds humor, such as pyroland. Pyroland was recently released as a part of the Pyro storyline. It is a cheerful alteration to TF2, featuring brightly colored maps with candyland like aspects. Pyroland also features players with high pitched voices, new weapons and gear, and new word spoofs like "DOMINATION" is now "BEST FRIENDS". I personally think this is the best fps I've ever played because of its unique comedy, balance, and game-play. Expand
  50. Aug 1, 2012
    The finest example of what most multiplayer games should be and what games nowadays should try to be like. Fun. Most games today are trying to be realistic , something video games shouldn't be all about . What team fortress 2 does is breaks most rules of physics and logic and creates a fun, balanced, multiplayer fps that updates regularly. Not to mention it is free (although many would say it is a bad thing) so if you have a fast, working Pc/Mac this game is a must. Expand
  51. Sep 22, 2012
    Best of the best game! With out comments! The most highly regarded free game in history!
    As one of the most popular multiplayer action games of all time, Team Fortress 2 is constantly evolving with ongoing free updates, with whom in the game, new game modes, maps, items, and, most importantly, hats. Nine game classes will open access to many different tactics.
  52. Sep 23, 2012
    I'm never a fan of Multiplayer games. But this game just blows everything away. I always get bored of games eventually. However with the games updates I can keep coming back to it year after year... Plus it's free! So what are you doing? Get downloading!
  53. Sep 27, 2012
    I gave this a 9/10 simply because there is no Free For All. I started seriously playing PC fpses back in 2007, and COD4 had just been released so I went crazy over the Free for all mode. However, I bought TF2 in the beginning of summer 2009 for $20 and it was honestly the biggest bang for my buck I have EVER gotten (and now it is F2P). If you don't even try this game... wow. Most unique FPS ever. Expand
  54. Oct 8, 2012
    wow, where can i start? its free, and fun, and funny, and its by valve. one of the best PC games ever made, probebly the best multiplayer ever made, or at least the free one. i just cant say anything else, its just a master peace, bravo valve you did it again!
  55. Dec 6, 2012
    This game is perfect. it outmatches a lot of other FPS Games out there. and the best thing about this game is that it's free. Valve keeps the game really up to date to. This is probably one of the most addicting games i've ever played. i just couldn't stop playing...
  56. Jan 9, 2013
    This game is amazing. I can't believe this game is so great, and it's only multiplayer. And the best part is that it's FREE! Sure, there are some people who buy the more advanced weapons, but cool thing is that you can earn the weapons. Unlike TDP4. This game is amazing.
  57. Nov 20, 2012
    Greatest game of all time. You can spend up to 10,000 hours and still be addictive.
  58. Jul 1, 2013
    To put it shortly, Valve's Team Fortress 2 is "The gift that keeps on giving all year long." There's really no reason you shouldn't be playing TF2, especially considering the price (free).
  59. Dec 22, 2012
    I don't normally give games 10's. It's not something I do casually. But after considering the fact that I can't think of a single significant thing I would change about TF2, and noticing that I've spent over 800 hours on it with no sign of stopping I really can't give it anything else.

It's really fun to play casually, I relax with TF2 when I'm stressed. It's fun to play more seriously
    because it's surprisingly deep. The classes are well balanced and distinct from each other. The graphical style is fantastic. It's not just pretty it's well designed from a utility perspective. For example every class has a unique sillouete that's instantly recognizable. This makes understanding what's going on in frantic firefights, and they're always frantic, very easy. Every facet of the game has that kind of polish and thought put into it.

Unlike some online games *cough* L4D2 *cough* the community is mostly friendly and tolerant. It's rare to see players kicked for no good reason and people aren't prone to rage every time something goes wrong. If the teams are seriously unbalanced more often then not the team with the advantage will vote in favor of a team scramble to even things out. I realize that isn't part of the literal game but I think it's important to mention about a title that's completely multiplayer based. TF2 is made more fun to play by the fact that the average TF2 player is not a total jerk.
  60. Dec 23, 2012
    Absolutely awesome, so much better than cod and battlefield! The Heavy is especially epic! The humor, the action, the dlc and everything about this game makes it the best free to play game ever!
  61. Jan 9, 2013
    This game can provide you mindless fun, or a very deep gameplay depending on what do you want. I've spent about 1000 hours on this game and it still feels fresh. Some users can be very annoying though, but this game it's one of my all-time favourites. The classes are balanced, and teamwork is essential. A game that you must play, overall, because it's completely free.
  62. Jan 10, 2013
    The cartoony graphics, characters and weapons make for a fun FPS experience. Something is always going on in TF2 and moments of boredom are rare. The player can choose to dress the 9 classes up with different (purely cosmetic) hats and misc. items and if he feels like giving his team a high-five, he can. A wide variety of weapons is always a good thing. The classes and weapons are very balanced which is quite impressive considering the amount of available weapons and he 9 vastly different classes. Kills are not that important, instead the game tries to guide you to help your team and what is remarkable is that in TF you can have a good life without killing a single person. You can't be MVP without being credit to team. Overall a great game. Expand
  63. Jan 14, 2013
    This game is the best. i thought that TF2 was going to be just like TFC(team fortress classic). i was not disappointed when i saw that tf2 was way better than tfc. this is an awesome game. get it. 10 10 10 10 10
  64. Jan 13, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 has to be the most fun you will ever have. Nine characters - the scout, the soldier, the pyro, the demoman, the engineer, the heavy, the medic, the sniper, and my favorite, the spy. Anyone who does not have this game needs to get it right away, it's free. It's the best game I've ever played on steam, get it, play it, love it.
  65. Jan 19, 2013
    Sheer Fun! Its actually an FPS I actually like. Mastering classes is the best part. It'll never gets old. Loads of updates and unloackables are spectacle! Totally never gets boring. LOADS AND LOADS of maps! Good humor and even though its graphics engine isnt any ''new'' its good enough since the art style is awesome. The only, ONLY thing wrong is the people you play with. Most of them are morons who swear and ask for free items. The Trade is easy and helpful and the far too many technuiqes to use. Expand
  66. Feb 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Team Fortress 2 is a great game that kept me playing for months. Honestly, i think that this game is among the best of the FPS genre. The classes are very well balanced, but medic can be overpowered at times. The trading system in this game is very unique, and i found myself bargaining for hats several hours past bedtime.
    Team Fortress 2 caters for both newbies and FPS veterans, in the sense that although TF2 is generally a casual game, it has a great competitive scene and a very high skill ceiling.
    The major flaw i found while playing this game was the lack of "progression". Although there are achievements, the game generally does not reward you for having spectacular aim, or getting 50 headshots in a row. Sometimes, i really feel ripped off when i get nothing when i completely own the opposing team, except some points on the scoreboard. Another flaw in the game is how the scoreboard works. The scoreboard should reset on every new game, because the current scores really only measure how long you've been on the server.
    Overall, TF2 is a great game that is certainly worth your time. It's definitely superior to Call of Duty, and many other FPS's out there
  67. Mar 26, 2013
    Id give this game an 8, but free to play games always get +2 from me. so 10

And don't expect your call of doody skills to transfer over, very unique gameplay with a plethora of unusual weapons
    Rocket launchers
    Flame throwers
    Grenade launchers
    miniguns
    Sentries

and not a single AK47 in sight.
  68. Mar 14, 2013
    This game is perfect. Variety of game modes, not pay-to-win, excellent graphics, 9 classes, and hats. Every class and game mode offers unique experience. Content still is added to game through free updates by Valve.
  69. May 8, 2013
    Really fun and amusing, lasts absolutely ages. Slightly addictive and very enjoyable to play. There are occasionally hackers or just annoying children but you look over that and carry on. First shooting game I played (properly) and really enjoyed. Completely worth it.
  70. Apr 9, 2013
    The most uniquely addicting game ever. In the 2 years that I've had this game, there is not one point in time where I have gotten bored. Excellent job by Valve.
  71. May 13, 2013
    Hours and hours of fun. It takes your normal firs-person shooter and re-imagines the whole thing in a creative, original way. With Valve's very un-laggy Source engine, it runs well even on notebooks. Recommend it to anyone who is unsure.
  72. Apr 4, 2013
    After over 2400 hours of playing TF2 it is still fun, with Valve releasing updates regularly it is THE FINEST! multiplayer shooter for PC ever; one caveat is the difficulty curve is rather steep as there are people (like me) who have been playing for quite some time, but once you get past that it is oodles of fun.
  73. May 4, 2013
    This game is a cool, slick, balanced FPS. Really, really fun, and what's more, IT'S 100% FREE(mium)! It only has one problem, the trading. It seems ok that i would want to trade perhaps, my strange shortstop, for a strange Minigun or something, right? Well, due to the creation of websites such as TF2 spreadsheet, the trading community now evolves around 'prices'. This is ridiculous. Either way, that's just the trading and has nothing to do with the game. In short, this is a five-star title, for free. Expand
  74. Apr 13, 2013
    10 es el puntaje que le doy al TF2, extremadamente bueno y adictivo, un muy buen sistema de juego en el que se divide en 9 clases con distintas habilidades, nunca te vas a aburrir de esta pieza maestra multiplayer, actualizado desde el 20007 (y sigue y sigue actualizándose) con una gran tonelada de contenido. Y encima ahora es Free To Play. Lo que mas me gusta es que las armas nuevas tienen siempre una cosa buena y una mala, así ninguna arma es mas buena si o si que otra arma. La verdad es que gaste y sigo gastando y seguiré gastando muchas horas en este juego. MUY recomendable! Expand
  75. Jul 30, 2013
    One of the best Games of all time for sure. A very fun and unique shooter with cool mechanics and great teamplay. People who call this game or boring dont know much about shooters to be honest. Each class is a really funny, cool and interesting character with an unique and awesome personality. Youre not running around with an AK47 or M16, but with Syringe Guns and Sticky Bombs, its quite hilarious.

Sure, the game changed but its core is still the same. I played TF2 the very first time in 2008 and its basically still the same. Its not about Hats are whatever, its still about working as a team in order to beat the other one.

Whats wrong with the Hat-hating anyway? Youre not forced to buy anything and besides that its a fair system with mostly cosmetic items for sale. Weapons drop and are pretty much accessible for anyone.

Other than that, TF2 has an amazing fanbase and community. I also love all the fun gamemodes like Baloon Race, Prop Hunt or VS Saxton Hale. There is so much to see, this game usually never gets boring. When i look back, i had such a great time in this game until now.
  76. Apr 14, 2013
    Wow, just wow! Valve has done it again! Where to start, good maps, great classes, classic game modes, (I like the no team death match, makes there more strategy) mind blowing weapons, overall, 10 out of 10 (Steam version more of a 15 out of 10!)
  77. Apr 18, 2013
    Team fortress two is a great game, balanced classes, simple but nice-looking textures, but overall tf2 is now free! (to play anyway) Although they do have lots of cosmetics that cost a lot its free to play so its just like any other free to play out there!
  78. Apr 20, 2013
    Review Team Fortress 2. An awesome team-based First Person Shooter with an interesting art style which is uniuqe to other games. TF2 has 9 balanced classes with many different weapons and gameplay. Each class has their job to do to contribute to their team to reach their objective. Which could be capturing the point or capturing the enemy's intel. Each class has their own way to helping their team may it be building defenses or keeping team mates alive or disrupting the enemy team. They all have thier advantages and disadvantages, no class is overpowerd or even considered "god like". The 9 classes all have different personalities, looks and nationalities. Other games you'll just play as a souless generic soldier, mercenary that just say "Capture the point!" or "Ugh". Where as TF2 you'll play as CHARACTERS with different personalties. The scout may say "BONK!" or the heavy may say "Entire team is babies!". Also Recieves updates weekly with mini updates and then huge updates which occur around in 4 months. TF2 has a large and friendly community, adding mods, items, maps, etc.
    Hats
    well I don't see in anyway that adding hats has made the game worse. Though it may be added to make Valve have cash so what? Other companies such as EA and Activision do differenet maybe similar marketing strategies. MMOs such as Maplestory and others make money via cosmetics. Besides you DON'T have to pay at all. No one forces you to pay for a hat. Valve may persuade you as Premium as you get more backpack slots. BUT Valve still does not force you to! It's not as if Valve will delete your account if you don't pay under 1 week if you're a free-to-pay. It's your choice and my choice whether you or I want to add money for hats. You and I could play Team Fortress 2 completely free paying $0.00 forever. But I decided to pay since I just felt like paying Valve for such a great game. You could think that each transaction for a hat is instead of paying Valve for a virtual hat instead for giving valve free money for a great game and getting a thank you in a shape of a cosmetic item.
    Now about Team Fortress going free-to-pay
    I don't see what's wrong with it, I mean isn't stuff thats free usually good? It might of brought alot of new players but whats wrong with that? Whats wrong with playing unexperienced players that want to try something new? Everyone used to be bad at a certain game and the only way to get good is to keep on playing. I mean the Team Fortress 2 community is still strong and healthy for 6 years! Thanks to the free-to-play update the community is bigger than ever! What if there was free-to-play. There wouldn't be as much players as there are if it wasn't f2p and TF2 would of slowly died. TF2's community is built up of 5-12 year olds after the f2p update? That ain't true and if it was so what? Sure they may be annoying but eh deal with it. Call of Duty and Battlefield also has the same problem. Players are bad? Everyone starts off bad. I myself started off free-to-play and was bad. Now that I have played the game for some time, I wouldn't consider myself bad or horrible, just in the higher middle (6/10). Everyone just gets better by playing the game and it can't hurt to have more players.
    Now about the "Unbalanced Weapons and Classes"
    Let's see. That laser weapon people keep complaining? The Cow-Mangler 5000? It's a pretty underwhelming weapon now that it's received it's nerf sometime ago. Even so in it's un-nerfed state you're not a god at all. Sure you may be able to kill a couple people but there is always a way to be killed. Such as a Pyro reflecting the projectiles, Heavy Medic couple, Team Work? TF2 certainly is not pay to win as anyone can craft the weapon or find it. The new weapons may seem overpowerd but there is always a way to beat it and if it's really ridiculous it'll prob receive a nerf pretty soon. Laser weapons not following the 60's art style? Yeah it is it's what you call retro futuristic, look it up. No class is overpowerd.. It may seem so at times but thats just the player being really good as they may be playing competitive. Spy is overpowered? He could insta-kill you and you're team mates but thats up to your team. The point of the game is to work together as a team and if you do the spy probably could die before he could go on killing spree. The unlockables sometimes are, somtimes aren't direct updates to the defaults. Sometimes the best weapons are the defaults.There may be some weapons better than the default or others but still theres always a way to beat the person wielding the "god gun."
    I am going on a HUGE rant but that is all I see people giving such a great game a low score. People may say this game is repetitive but I find Call of Duty and others far more reptitive. Call of Duty, Battlefield, Halo are all great FPS in their own way but I always find my way back to playing TF2. In the end TF2 is my favourite FPS out of many others since it is creative, unique and overall FUN.
  79. May 23, 2013
    If you have a PC and you play games on it, why is this not somewhere in your hard drive?

It's a great game that was worth the price tag back when it actually had one, so now that it is completely free there are no excuses to not give this game a go. Sure there are still aspects of the game that cost money, buying new weapons ,or more importantly Hats, but if you decide to not put a
    penny into this game you won't feel underpowered, almost all weapons and hats can be unlocked or crafted and even then they all have there pros and cons in order to balance them out with the default starter kit, completely avoiding becoming a "Pay to win" game as many Free to Plays are nowadays.

Don't go into this game thinking you're going to do well first go, you will only find yourself getting annoyed and wind up hating this game. Sometimes it's just down to luck if you join a server filled with Pro players with weeks of game time logged or you get stuck playing against a bunch of noobs. The healthy middle ground of auto balancing should keep your games competitive and interesting.

What makes this game different to any other FPS game out there you ask? Well this one actually requires teamwork to win. No, I don't mean everyone on your team has to be in Skype together plotting tactics and manoeuvres, I simply mean that if all of your team decide to play as scouts, then your defences are going to be very lacking, alternatively if you all role Engineer then offence is going to be hellish. The class system keeps games interesting in that you don't know what will come round that corner next; A scout with his little shotgun, or an Ubercharged heavy with his Minigun blazing.

Serious gamer or mess around with friends this game gives you everything you'd want from an FPS game, and don't forget... it's free.
  80. Apr 25, 2013
    This game is one of the very few games I have played that do an amazing job in actually succeed in making the entire game play based on teamwork. The game focuses much on team work, which might take some time for people to get used to, but it should come to you after a few matches. The game is regularly updated, so it will never get too old. Also the game has hats (Yay!) which are purely cosmetic which just makes your character look cooler. The weapons are very good, matching different people's play style. Overall, the game is a very well made team based FPS with a different feel from COD. Expand
  81. Apr 26, 2013
    Team Fortress 2​ is a first-person shooter developed by Valve under the Source Engine. Originally planned for realism, over the years it turned to a more cartoon-style look, creating the now well-known characters of the Heavy and Spy. Currently holding a 92 from critics on Metascore after its 2007 release, ensuing years in Beta, TF2​ has become one of the most recognizable games by Valve. However, does it deserve its rating and popularity? Is it another Skyrim (hate it)? Or is it a The Walking Dead (love it)​? Well, let's look at the Pros and Cons.

PROS: Fun gameplay, memorable characters, funny lines of dialogue, multiple fun gamemodes, and the creation of multiple internet memes.

CONS: Gameplay can get boring after much play (as with any shooter), the F2Ps are usually bad players and generally hated for it, hat simulation, griefing, and, as always, annoying kids with microphones.

So, is it worth it? Most definitely. Although it has some problems, it is, overall, one of the best first-person shooters on the market. Plus, currently (and likely forever), the game is Free-2-Play on Steam. I highly suggest it.
    FINAL SCORE: 10 Amazing.
  82. Apr 26, 2013
    Whether you are looking for a hardcore, team based game, or just a casual way to blow off steam, TF2 is a game to try. For the pro-gamer, its community-run leagues are great for anyone wanting to play. And for the casual gamer, its almost impossible to get angry with this game. If you're having problems, switch classes, switch game modes, there are plenty of things to do to keep the fun going. The best part is, all of the game-play is available for the relatively low cost of a half-day download. And If you so desire, a simple dollar will allow you to trade items in the community metal-based economy. Do you feel like wearing a pink hat with bunny ears while tearing through your foes with your mini-gun? Go right ahead. Overall, Team Fortress 2 stands out among other shooters with its extreme versatility and unique versatility. Its a game to try no matter where your interests lay. Expand
  83. May 1, 2013
    The fun thing about Team Fortress 2 is that it's laid back. Team Fortress isn't focused on graphics, dlc, amount of kills, etc. like other modern shooters. TF2 simply is meant to be goofy and to have a good time with. There a huge assortment of weapons which mostly can be unlocked without in game purchaces (which are not pushed unlike other shooters) and are very well balanced. Team work also is encouraged and you must co-operate to win a game. Thankfully the community is friendly so you will get along. The graphics have this great pixar look, making gameplay zany and hectic. This may not be a high-budget shooter like call of duty, but I found I had more fun in this game than any other shooter without paying a single cent. Expand
  84. May 6, 2013
    There are three types of FPS on the market right now: The fast-paced old-school Tribes/Quake-style FPSs, the Call of Duty-style (run around, kill people, don't get killed) medium-paced games and the middle ground between those two types. Team Fortress 2 falls right in that category. It's not as fast as Quake Arena but it's not as slow as Call of Duty. TF2 is a unique class based and team focused game that makes these ideas work better than in any other game with these same characteristics. Unlike other class based games (Brink, Battlefield...), the classes in TF2 are all very dependent on each other and are all important for the success of the team. They are also very different from each other while in other games they all look and play the same. Different classes also require different sets of skills, so, you need to know the advantages, disadvantages, and abilities that all the classes have if you want be able to play with all of them. TF2 has an average number of modes and a nice amount of maps, but, in the end, it's all about the items. TF2 is known has being all about hats. The game really has lots of hats, but it also has a nice number of weapons, items that give you buffs and other stuff you can equip your character with. After this game went free to play, you would expect a cash shop to show up or something, but instead, Valve implemented a random drop system that gives random items to players on a regular basis while they are playing. Free players don't have access to all the items but they can get all of the main items (which is really all you need). And then there is this...By the time you get tired of getting the same items over and over again, you can trade them for other items at certain websites, you can craft them into other items or you can consider the fact that this game is so popular that most items you get in the game are worth real money so you can trade them for other games or even sell them at the Steam Marketplace (yes, you can make money by simply playing a free game). With that said, the gameplay is smooth and enjoyable (as usual in source games) and the graphics are very nice looking and are doing a good job of aging slowly (as usual in source games). This is the best you can get on the Free 2 Play market, so, it gets a 9 out of 10 because there is no such thing as a 10 out of 10. Expand
  85. May 8, 2013
    Incredibly addicting and fun game. Controls are player-friendly, graphics are like Looney Tunes-ish, weapons are funny and cool, and best of all, there is a Workshop where you can post your hats and weapons and maybe, if get lucky, the item will be in game! I recommend this game to anyone!
  86. May 15, 2013
    I have no issues with this game, but the players and the actual experience can definitely ruin it for some people.
    1. the 3-year-old children that run around on a computer that's twice as old as they are spamming, asking for items, and overall annoying everyone. TF2 really could use a latency limit, when someone has a ping of 460, and everyone is lagging, they should get auto-kicked.
    The game is so easy to modify with 3-rd party code that everyone and their mother has a aim-bot, VAC needs to up their game.
    3. The scammers give all of us players a bad name.

overall, the game is great (10/10 would fast again) but the online play that comes with it taints the experience.
  87. May 19, 2013
    Probably the best Valve game (IMO), TF2 is a nice FPS game. Valve always has good updates for this game. Especially the Mann vs Machine one. Probably one of the best updates to any game that I played. MvM is a nice game mode. I haven't really gotten into it but I guess the hats in this game are insane since everyone is making a big deal out of it. I just love those graphics. It has the cartoon like graphics that I like. This game is just fun. Expand
  88. May 25, 2013
    I like this game very much. The Gameplay is brilliant, the gameplay epic and the comedy well thought out. You choose from one of 9 unique classes each with a different strategy and abilities. From Engineering stuff to sniping enemies and Backstabbing, I recommend this game.
  89. May 25, 2013
    Free, fast paced, and fun. This stylized and over the top class based FPS from Valve is one of the most addicting and unique games on the PC. Team Fortress 2 constantly rewards you not only with ridiculous and fun combat, but also in its extensive loot it has to offer. With constant updates and user created hats, weapons, and character models, there is no shortage of things to find and use. There is a learning curve, but that doesn't detract from the game, nor am I going to consider subtracting from this gem among the crowded sea of FPS games. After a couple of games, it gets you hooked and adjusts you to the frantic action around you that offers timeless fun and entertainment. Expand
  90. Jun 2, 2013
    I love this game it puts a fantastic twist on generic fps games. In this game winning revolves around teamwork and not just quick scope everyone until they die strategy. All classes have perks and weaknesses so there is no overpowered class. This game may not have the best graphics but its the gameplay that counts which it excels on. The community has been more and more active in team fortress 2 so that means if you have some good ideas you may be able to help out valve. Basically it's a fantastic game that everyone should try out. Plus it is free to play so there is no loss in trying it. Expand
  91. Jun 3, 2013
    My favorite game of all time, Beautiful Graphics even to today standards, constant new content updates, game is perfectly balanced.... Its The Best Ever
  92. Jun 21, 2013
    This game gave me thousands of hours of entertainment, it a FPS with SOLID game mechanics!
    No P2W, and no overpowered weapons.
    It's great!

The game also has a really awesome community, and the competitive play is really fun!
  93. Jun 8, 2013
    I love this game, this now Free-to-play FPS is a fun and yet engaging for anyone experienced or new to video games. The Cartoon-like graphics are sure to keep you up and enjoying this classic piece.
  94. Jun 13, 2013
    TF2 is a superb multiplayer FPS experience that continues to get better and better with every update (although the sheer number of hats can be a bit annoying). The graphical style still holds up well today and the game is full of humorous lines from the various classes. Speaking about the classes, there is a large variety of different characters to play not seen in other online FPSs as much and this adds a large layer of depth to the game. Add to that lots of maps and weapons and you have tons of different ways to play this game. I've recently clocked 1000 playtime hours, but that number will increase. If you haven't played this game yet play it. TF2 is not just the best free to play game, but it is still quite possibly the best online shooter out there. Expand
  95. Jul 17, 2013
    For me this game is one of the best online FPS games of all time, it's certainly the most fun of them all. This is game developed by Valve and it amazingly well crafted and the classes complement each other. but I felt that some classes were over powered some examples are the sniper and the scout but if you play with your friends and each one as his own task I assure you will have a great time. I've been playing this game for a long time and the constants updates kept me playing. Although the game feels a bit unnatural at times I believe it is a normal feeling because of the graphic style it is very unique and it is one of it's great features. The crafting, the collectible hat and many variety of guns make the game feel more vast the many maps and game mods are a nice feature too.
    In conclusion play this game after all it's free
  96. Sep 13, 2013
    This game is just plain awesomeness. While some people will complain that the game is now a big economy, there is actually nothing that makes you have to trade. It's just a way to get items that would be hard to get otherwise. It's actually even a good point.
    TF2 is really fun, and lots of people already spent hundreds and thousands of hours on it. There is a reason. It just put the basis
    of class-based FPS games and never went down. It keeps evolving, without forgetting its basis. Even if a lot of content is added, it's only cosmetics, new maps or new weapons that offer new ways to play a class. It's all about keeping the game strong.
    And not only is the official content more than enough, there is plenty of fun mods that will entertain you when you get a bit bored of the game. Only to let you come back to the normal game again.
    There is nothing not to like about TF2.
  97. Jun 19, 2013
    Ever since I've gotten Team Fortress 2 after it became F2P (I've spent money on it, so don't ridicule), it's been my little FPS Dreamboat. From art style to character personality, to map designs to controls, this game is fun and addicting. It's free, so I suggest downloading it!
  98. Jun 25, 2013
    Best multiplayer game i´ve played. Multiple mods, servers, trade servers (using to trade hats, weapons, miscs) i dont have enough words for this. every player can be unique. I am playing dodgeball but its most funny mod for me. Enjoy
  99. Jun 30, 2013
    Best free to play i have ever played i have played other free to play games that are no match for tf2 like dota, alien swarm, planetside 2, and that microsoft flight simulator games. This game gives you unique items for free unlike in other free to play you have to buy to get the items, the games every funny as well i recommend that you download this game now.
  100. Jul 29, 2013
    Considering the quality of this game and fact that its FREE team fortress 2 easily deserves a 10/10. Team fortress 2 is just FUN its easily accessible for new players and your rewarded with new equipment for putting time in. The new co-op maps are great fun and the community in general are much friendly than what you'll find on other games.
  101. Nov 10, 2011

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.