9.2

1. Feb 15, 2012
    Valve clearly doesn't care that I *paid* for this game, as they constantly try to push micro-transaction products to me. It's like they stopped caring once they compensated me with a crappy veteran hat.
  2. Dec 9, 2011
    I used to love this game but now it's F2P it's ruined i actully cried when the meet the medic update came out this game used to be worth giving game of the year but after september 2010 i said this game **** sucks @%% for real i hate this game now i sold all my hats for steam games even like a max and stuff like that im sick of it im sick of it im sick of it valve but one last thing WHY?!I used to love this game but now it's F2P it's ruined i actully cried when the meet the medic update came out this game used to be worth giving game of the year but after september 2010 i said this game **** sucks @%% for real i hate this game now i sold all my hats for steam games even like a max and stuff like that im sick of it im sick of it im sick of it valve but one last thing WHY?! WHY?! DID YOU RUIN THE GAME OF THE OBJECTEVE GAME OF THE CENTURY!? Expand
  3. Dec 26, 2011
    Team fortress 2 is awesome!

That's what i would say years ago Valve has messed the entire game up, And now since it got free to play only idiots are there. Before it got free to play there was allmost no minges or anything, And it was alot easier to communicate with people they could sometimes help you getting achievment's and stuff, But now people are only doing this: NO WAFFLE I KILL
    Team fortress 2 is awesome!

That's what i would say years ago

Valve has messed the entire game up, And now since it got free to play only idiots are there. Before it got free to play there was allmost no minges or anything, And it was alot easier to communicate with people they could sometimes help you getting achievment's and stuff, But now people are only doing this: NO WAFFLE I KILL YOU OLOL THIS IS A KILLING GAME and they even do say that on a bloody surf server and that is pissing me off tottaly i have been visiting tons of servers are they are all the same crap now.

Now to talk about the game overall

WHAT DID VALVE THINK WHEN THEY ADDED THEESE GUNS? The guns and the classes are so DAMN OP, When i was a spy and i was going to strike down a heavy the medic with the QUICK FIX comes there with his super healing on the heavy and i could not kill the heavy with 5 crits, Its just bloody **** they have tottaly ruined it, Before it was medics healing you when you called them and people in your team acctualy protecting the intel not just going there with their OP weapons and slaughtering everyone and dosen't give a crap about the intel's good job ruining the game Valve.
  4. Oct 28, 2011
    Really bad game I dont even want to waste time on it nothing fun at all
    sniping could be fun if you did not have to watch trough scope for a long time to 'charge" it
    and you have a lase on that shows the enemy where you are
    no ffa mod
    kids with hats pathetic gameplay,runs bad even on a good machine and a lot of other problems
  5. Jun 27, 2011
    The game was good but since I have free is the worst, very bad. Always saturated, can not find server when the going is slow. Shame trust this company at the time you buy the game to find this..
    El juego era bueno pero desde que lo han puesto gratis es lo peor, malisimo. Siempre saturado, no encuentra servidores, cuando los encuentra va fatal. Una pena confiar en esta empresa en el momento que compre el juego para encontrarme esto.
  6. Apr 11, 2011
    This game is garbage. The art style is trash. The multi-player is unbalanced and garbage. The multi-player is buggy and has many glitches. The maps are garbage. This game is insulting to gamers and ruining first person shooters in general. Great job Valve!
  7. Jan 1, 2011
    Was good, but not great. Then they added gimmicky items, which you can either grind for or fill Valve's wallets for, which also grant gameplay advantages. And they lost their sense of humor, and started relying upon grade-school humor. I'd have given an early solid version of the game an 8 or so -- it was never actually mind-blowing or anything -- but with grinding and real-world cash itemWas good, but not great. Then they added gimmicky items, which you can either grind for or fill Valve's wallets for, which also grant gameplay advantages. And they lost their sense of humor, and started relying upon grade-school humor. I'd have given an early solid version of the game an 8 or so -- it was never actually mind-blowing or anything -- but with grinding and real-world cash item purchases, two of the least fun and least skill-determined ways of obtaining advantages in gaming, I feel more than generous giving the game a 3. Expand
  8. Nov 3, 2011
    This is a great game. It is a lot of fun. However, valve always manages to break the game. It crashes a lot. This has been an issue with the game for quite a long time and still was not solved. I bought this game from the very start and I accompanied the progress of the game from the start all the way to now and it has been degrading ever since. Don't take me wrong, the new weapons areThis is a great game. It is a lot of fun. However, valve always manages to break the game. It crashes a lot. This has been an issue with the game for quite a long time and still was not solved. I bought this game from the very start and I accompanied the progress of the game from the start all the way to now and it has been degrading ever since. Don't take me wrong, the new weapons are great, but in terms of stability, it's just horrible.

When they made it free it just became worst. Valve, fix your ****
  9. Jan 1, 2013
    I had my fair share of fun with this game. I liked the fact that it played so differently from other shooters. Yea, maybe the graphic style was part of the reason why I liked it, but also because gunplay is just so different in this game.
    There's no "gunner class" like in other shooters. Each class plays differently and has it's own jobs.
    This is certainly no deathmatch game, all modes
    This is certainly no deathmatch game, all modes need some sort of teamwork.

This is all fine and good for the first few hours, but then you start to realize something. Every match is basically a routine. The fact that you're pretty **** when trying to do something outside of your role in the team makes you pretty much do the same things over and over again.

Then there's also the horrible drop system. Now I like the fact that pretty much everyone has a chance in this game, even newcommers. There's no leveling system like in other games that makes you unlock better equipment. Every new weapon has it's pros and cons and can even change how you play the class.
    However the fact that weapons drop so randomly and inconsistantly makes you pretty much keep on playing for no real reason. You're just hoping that at one point you get the weapon you desire.

Seeing how it's free to play, I'd say go give it a shot. There's certainly nothing to lose and fun to be had.
  10. Jun 25, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 is a great game. I bought the game a couple of years ago and have been playing it for 573 hours total now, and it just gets better! Good maps, great community, balanced classes and weapons that requires different styles of playing makes this the game I never grow tired of!

It may seem contradictory, but the game is great for beginners because it is easy to understand and almost better for veterans because it can be incredibly complex. One of the greatest games ever made.

Also, it's hilarious at times :D
  11. Apr 2, 2012
    Game becomes worse and worse with each update. Bullets lag so you can get killed seemingly through a wall but lag will make it so your "shadow" still appears as though it's not behind the wall. You can "backstab" someone from the side, top and bottom. And valve continues to bite into the "noob" influx from the f2p switch and release weapons that are easier and easier to get kills with.Game becomes worse and worse with each update. Bullets lag so you can get killed seemingly through a wall but lag will make it so your "shadow" still appears as though it's not behind the wall. You can "backstab" someone from the side, top and bottom. And valve continues to bite into the "noob" influx from the f2p switch and release weapons that are easier and easier to get kills with. Turning into a sad CoD wannabe. Expand
  12. May 7, 2012
    For a f2p it's a nice game.The graphics are fun and the classes are good, but the hat stuff ruined it, and mega HP is annoying.I only played 2 hours and got bored, so 5/10.
  13. Jun 24, 2011
    I don't mean to insult any Team Fortress 2 fans. I love that game. The reason i gave it a 2 though, is because it is now free-to-play. This I find to be an outrage. Until I get a refund my score will remain this way for eternity. I don't hate the game. I just hate that **** money was spent towards a game that eventually became free to play. What is $20 to much for some of you to bear? WellI don't mean to insult any Team Fortress 2 fans. I love that game. The reason i gave it a 2 though, is because it is now free-to-play. This I find to be an outrage. Until I get a refund my score will remain this way for eternity. I don't hate the game. I just hate that **** money was spent towards a game that eventually became free to play. What is $20 to much for some of you to bear? Well how about the people who did spend $20 to buy it? Valve is practically giving you money out of our hard-earned coin. So valve is stealing our money without the owners consent. Unbelievable. 2, you **** robbers. Expand
  14. Oct 8, 2011
    Why? Why don't I like this game? I was very excited about the game's unique look, interesting characters, brilliant voice acting and hilarious promotional videos. To this day, I find it one of the most beautiful games ever made. But that's where my enthusiasm stops, because as soon as I join a match, I lose all of it. The game just plays so... rigid. Maybe it's just me being bad at theWhy? Why don't I like this game? I was very excited about the game's unique look, interesting characters, brilliant voice acting and hilarious promotional videos. To this day, I find it one of the most beautiful games ever made. But that's where my enthusiasm stops, because as soon as I join a match, I lose all of it. The game just plays so... rigid. Maybe it's just me being bad at the game, but none of the classes really feel like they matter. I bought the game fairly late, and I hear people saying that "it used to be better, now it's more of a hat trading game than an actual shooter". Then suddenly, Valve decided to milk the cow even more by making TF2 a free-to-play game, run by a micro transaction system. This just felt like a stab in the back of the people who bought the game, because suddenly having bought the game beforehand didn't matter, you still had to pay. I know the items you can buy are not really giving you much of an advantage, but I still find it a cheap trick. I respect Valve and I really enjoy most of their games, but I hope they don't make a habit out of this. Expand
  15. Oct 20, 2011
    Valve wypuszcza nowe aktualizacje bez testowania co uniemożliwia przyjemnÄ
  16. Dec 29, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 is one of the most forgettable, pointless, and phycotic games I've ever played. Valve made the amazing Portal 2, what is with Team Fortress 2? It's simply too forgettable and outdated (there are Valve games far superior to this, and they tried to make the graphics looked so good it ended up turning into a mashed up bluray player,) so I cannot recommend this game.
  17. Oct 26, 2011
    the game file is huge,and what do you get from it/ nothing
    the game is really bad
    sniping was ruined when they added zoomming animation when you bring up the scope
    gameplay is pathetic,mods are boring
    the game is a joke
    no ffa mod
  18. Dec 8, 2010
    Im not even gonna slam the game, after all , its a game. However its developers like Valve that are killing the pc scene and why more and more are going to the consoles. If i sell you something and then come over to your house and break it, would you be ok with that? ?Im not. I bought this game and then Valve came over to my house and broke it! They really should look at the stats beforeIm not even gonna slam the game, after all , its a game. However its developers like Valve that are killing the pc scene and why more and more are going to the consoles. If i sell you something and then come over to your house and break it, would you be ok with that? ?Im not. I bought this game and then Valve came over to my house and broke it! They really should look at the stats before drastically changing a game and forcing everyone to accept it. I believe TF2 had quite a community before all the changes and if they thought that changing it would draw more people to the community then why not offer alternate servers? Original flavor and..., Dumbed down version. Then at least those who supported the game before would still get what they paid for. Is it just me?... or does it always seems to fall in the laps of the mod community, to save a game and the pc experience. Expand
  19. May 15, 2014
    Just like DOTA 2, this game started out with the great idea of a fun MP. Over time, it became about getting HATS! MORE HATS! Unlockables took over and the game became all about money. Play the original team fortress if you wanna have fun. With free games, you get what you pay for.
  20. Jul 12, 2011
    JUST a fail it sucks i rather play E.T. than this stupid game. really why is this game so great i don't see it. and its very buggy and low quality so reallt bad.
  21. Dec 30, 2010
    To sum it up, it's counter-strike with a fancy skin. The game offers very little innovation. The got a comic style graphics, and is not afraid to joke about itself. The missions are generic battlefield-style points, capture flag or capture a package(information).
    There are a couple of different classes that you can choose from, which gives a mediocre feeling of diversity.
    There isn't very
    There isn't very much to say about this game, as I said it's just another FPS with a little touch to it.
  22. Dec 28, 2012
    Boring, too many updates.. its just a hat game, the list goes on and on and on.. No wonder its a free game, stay away! When I got this game it was part of the orange box, If when I purchased the orange box and knew about Team Fortress 2 at the time. I would of not have bought it. But I bought it only for the Half Life 2 series. Just a huge disappointment and largely a waste of hard drive space
  23. Nov 30, 2012
    This game sucks. I don't understand the hype behind it and I couldn't play over an hour before getting bored. It is a hat simulator with no sense of achievement, and valve charging tons of money for these hats is absolutely pathetic, even worse is the people who buy them. This game is mindless and there is nothing unique about it.
  24. Oct 11, 2010
    This was really really fun for me at first but as time went on it kinda lost it's appeal and recent changes have made this title appeal even less to me. I really don't like the fact that they added a store where you can just buy the special items.
  25. Oct 8, 2010
    Great game, More developers should look at what value is doing with this game, this game has the greatest support for its community. The big thing is they keep adding to this game making it better and more enjoyable and on top of that they do it all for free which tells you that they want you to keep playing there product because you know that they love it as much as you do. The downsideGreat game, More developers should look at what value is doing with this game, this game has the greatest support for its community. The big thing is they keep adding to this game making it better and more enjoyable and on top of that they do it all for free which tells you that they want you to keep playing there product because you know that they love it as much as you do. The downside if any is there is no solo player which means if your internet goes down then you won't be able to enjoy the game. I highly recommend buying this game because they are currently still adding to it and that just amazing. Expand
  26. Oct 26, 2010
    A great online team fps, 'man'conomy is not my brand of tea though, microtransactions for an advantage in game is an evil mechanism, ruining the balance and makes you feel cheap if you do buy that new gun. Standard load outs are outdated now and although you can still do well you can't win against the weapon advantage all the time, overall it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, still i keepA great online team fps, 'man'conomy is not my brand of tea though, microtransactions for an advantage in game is an evil mechanism, ruining the balance and makes you feel cheap if you do buy that new gun. Standard load outs are outdated now and although you can still do well you can't win against the weapon advantage all the time, overall it leaves a bad taste in my mouth, still i keep coming back to what is a superb fame anyway with only the slight marr of microtransactions. Expand
  27. Dec 9, 2010
    I found Team Fortress 2 Fun in short bursts but beyond that it gets a bit repetitive. Everything about the game however is highly polished as we have come to expect from Valve. I find the way people Grind for game items quite offputting & boring. I think the game would be a lot better if it gave the regular rewards for active playing (ontop of the achievement ones and randoms) Instead ofI found Team Fortress 2 Fun in short bursts but beyond that it gets a bit repetitive. Everything about the game however is highly polished as we have come to expect from Valve. I find the way people Grind for game items quite offputting & boring. I think the game would be a lot better if it gave the regular rewards for active playing (ontop of the achievement ones and randoms) Instead of just awarding them randomly for X hours played. Expand
  28. Dec 15, 2010
    I love this game its like the best game I have ever played. Its got new weapons you can get for your character, hats you can put on your character, rename weapons, and it is really funny. Get the one for PC because that is the best and the one for the rst of the systems sucks. Seriously I love this game, I love it, love it, love it, love it, love it and I never wana stop playing it> II love this game its like the best game I have ever played. Its got new weapons you can get for your character, hats you can put on your character, rename weapons, and it is really funny. Get the one for PC because that is the best and the one for the rst of the systems sucks. Seriously I love this game, I love it, love it, love it, love it, love it and I never wana stop playing it> I would give it a 12 out of 10 because it is so awesome. Expand
  29. Dec 10, 2010
    Just a summary:

+ Very many players (Due the filter, it is easy to join the correct server - not overfilled but many players) + Very many maps (so everybody can choose, which map & gameplay mode he/she wants) + Good sound and music + Cool gamemodes, so you'll never be bored + Masses on classes (cool to say that, isn't it?) 9 classes which complete own skills and abilities. What do you
    Just a summary:

+ Good sound and music
    + Cool gamemodes, so you'll never be bored
    + Masses on classes (cool to say that, isn't it?) 9 classes which complete own skills and abilities. What do you want more?

- VAC isn't the best method to ban cheaters. There are many scripts, that are undetected til now.

I could write pages full of positives, but only 1 negative. So what are you waiting for? You look for a fantastic, also (depends on gamemode) strategic shooter? You're right with this game. You don't need a MoH or CoD, nor CS or CS:S. Trust me.

Im Claymore, age of 29 years and i hope, you enjoy a fantastic game.
  30. Dec 23, 2010
    This is the best online FPS I've ever played. I have my XP with ID games, Valve games, Tribes, Halo...none of that is comparable to Team Fortress 2, not even Halo Reach or TFC, the original game.

The action in this game is fast-paced, fun and balanced, also, the graphics are amazing, even for today/Source standards, my only complaint is the incredibly high rate at which Valve is releasing new content, it leaves playtest to customers instead of Valve itself, which has been partially solved by the addition of a Team Fortress 2 Beta version for playtesting.
  31. Jan 2, 2011
    It's fun. Nothing else needs to be said really. Team Fortress 2 is a very engaging and cartoony first person shooter that plays on ones ability to work with a team ( hence the title ). All of the classes have their advantages and disadvantages and it never really feels like you aren't useful. Although purely a multiplayer game with no single player what so ever ( like Valve's other gameIt's fun. Nothing else needs to be said really. Team Fortress 2 is a very engaging and cartoony first person shooter that plays on ones ability to work with a team ( hence the title ). All of the classes have their advantages and disadvantages and it never really feels like you aren't useful. Although purely a multiplayer game with no single player what so ever ( like Valve's other game Counterstrike ), a lot of the characters do have a tad bit of personality put into them.

It's easy to pick up, fun to play, and with constant content added on ( for free! ) any sane gamer should definitely pick this one up.
  32. Sep 2, 2011
    You have to hand it to Valve to make a very fun game that's just really light-hearted, hysterical and of course, fun. The people saying this game has no balance at all, play offline mode and play against the CPU. The AI is very good and there's no overpowered items to kill you. Sure, the Heavy is very powerful, but he is very slow and he can very easily get killed by a Sniper or a Spy. AndYou have to hand it to Valve to make a very fun game that's just really light-hearted, hysterical and of course, fun. The people saying this game has no balance at all, play offline mode and play against the CPU. The AI is very good and there's no overpowered items to kill you. Sure, the Heavy is very powerful, but he is very slow and he can very easily get killed by a Sniper or a Spy. And the Spy, he can disguise himself as an opposite team member and backstab and destroy all of the Engineer's mechanisms, but attacking once will take off the disguise, it does take a while for the disguise to kick in and Pyros can easily set you alight and you will get suspicious. And the Scout being underpowered, he can move very fast, jump high and he can capture points twice as fast as anyone else.

Now back to the review. It's light-hearted, tons of fun, hysterical and balanced, but what about the characters themselves? The characters personalities reflect on their fighting style. The Scout is a fast talking, slang using American teenager or early twenties man. You'd imagine him to be fast and attack fast. Yep. The Sniper's a laid-back, friendly Aussie. He pays respect to the enemy's sacrifice and his fighting style is back-against-the-wall and shoot the weak spots away from the actual fighting. The Heavy is a dim-witted strong and heavy Russian guy. His talking is very loud and so is his shouting. He's big, heavy, powerful and really slow. There's also ones like the sneaky, sly ladies' man, a mystery guy, a stereotypical man from Texas over in the USA and many more. Weak points: The multiplayer hardly works where I come from and there's weird bugs and crashes, like every character spontaneously stops moving and stands still, to the weapons being automatically firing all the time and never stopping and finding a game anywhere else but the USA I bet is hard. But don't let that stop you playing against the CPU. In my case, the CPU is much better than playing Multi, because no one is overpowered and they are quite tough to beat: the CPU actually works as a team. All in all, this game is absolutely great. Get it and expect to sink in endless hours.
  33. Oct 12, 2011
    Ok so its not deep or meaningful but it is fun frenetic and great fun. One of the definitive first person shooters of the last few years and a classic all PC gamers should own!.
  34. Jan 29, 2011
    I have sunk 650 hours into this game, both when it was still unpatched and unmodded and I've been around for all the following patches and expansions and updates, and it has remained one of the most balanced and competitive games out there. The looks might turn you off at first, but give it a chance and you'll see that looks can be deceiving. With phrases like "Sandvich and me going toI have sunk 650 hours into this game, both when it was still unpatched and unmodded and I've been around for all the following patches and expansions and updates, and it has remained one of the most balanced and competitive games out there. The looks might turn you off at first, but give it a chance and you'll see that looks can be deceiving. With phrases like "Sandvich and me going to kick your ass" being thrown around the battleground, this game makes it easy to laugh at your own death. Just remember, as with every multiplayer game out there, it is not only the game itself, but also the people you play it with that make it worthwhile. Expand
  35. Feb 24, 2011
    Cheap, constantly updated, decent graphics, great style, great community and fun to play for around
    2 years. Get this game on PC! So far every class has had an update, new built in maps since release and loads of custom maps and servers made by other players.
  36. Mar 18, 2011
    Alot has been removed from the 1st game, and sadly alot of the things that were fun.

Alot of maps and modes were removed, same with a class or two.
    There's not a big variety in the maps, A desert, and Industial Desert, Or an Industrial Western Desert.

So, alot has been cut out, but it's still polished so much my eyes burst because of how shiny it is.
  37. Mar 8, 2011
    After playing this game for 3 years, I am finally writing a review for it. Since its release, TF2, has been very unique game that provides an unique multiclass FPS experience. In October 2007, TF2 is a game with great, balanced gameplay, refreshing and graphically stunning artstyle, rich class(character), a variety of gamemodes, superior voice acting and most importantly, constant updateAfter playing this game for 3 years, I am finally writing a review for it. Since its release, TF2, has been very unique game that provides an unique multiclass FPS experience. In October 2007, TF2 is a game with great, balanced gameplay, refreshing and graphically stunning artstyle, rich class(character), a variety of gamemodes, superior voice acting and most importantly, constant update and support from valve. In March 2011, while, 3 years sinces the release of TF2, much has been added, most notably thousands of maps from the community, new gamemodes, new weapon unlocks, cosmetic customizations, Meet the Team videos, and much more. Valve has put in great effort to support this game throughout the years, and as a loyal fan, i enjoyed it quite alot. Unlike COD series, TF2 remains a FPS that focuses on player enjoyment and "fun" instead of frags. However, it has been revealed that TF2 is a playerbase experiment from valve(conspiracy lol). Since september 2010, and the introduction of Mann Co Store (a shop where you can spend real money to buy items, like rpg), TF2 has been going on a decline. Much of its former glory as a FPS was lost, and in place, we now have a markeplace of trading/selling virtual items in game. While some may argue that this is a positive change for TF2 as it brought in new players, i find it hard to agree with those views. Performance issues begin to arise as valve ceases to stop optimizing the game. Gameplay updates are haulted, as cosmetic items are being added constantly. Weapons, while previously balanced, aren't anymore with the introduction of newer once that are difficult to obtain through either crafting or dropping, giving advantage to those who buy them in the Store. TF2's artstyle has been ruined by the addition of new weapons and cosmetic items as well. The once amazing spy-tech, mysterious atmosphere has vanished once lime green and neon pink paint are splashed upon the characters. Regrettably, i have stopped playing since early january this year, with the hope that valve will wake up and put TF2 right back on track. I know this game is old, and that further serious support from the developer is highly unlikely, one can still have faith in valve because they have never disappointed me yet. (this letdown doesn't count). TLDR:
    Even with the recent negative changes to TF2, i still highly recommend for those who want to try it out. At $20 it is a huge deal and you will be suprised by how much depth the game has to offer. At release up to august 2010, i give TF2 a score of 96/100. At present, i will score it at 81/100.
  38. Feb 21, 2012
    I cannot think of a better team shooter than this. And like a fine wine this game has evolved and changed over the years into something even more dense, and with legs so long you can see them streaching into the sunset. A nearly perfect multiplayer game.
  39. May 15, 2011
    I don't think I can recommend this game highly enough. If you want a multi-player class based FPS, this is it. When playing the classes are surprisingly well balanced, and if you're good enough at any class (except maybe scout) you can make an impact on how your team does. The drop system and achievements to acquire items give players who haven't played for as long as others access toI don't think I can recommend this game highly enough. If you want a multi-player class based FPS, this is it. When playing the classes are surprisingly well balanced, and if you're good enough at any class (except maybe scout) you can make an impact on how your team does. The drop system and achievements to acquire items give players who haven't played for as long as others access to some cool weaponry early on, and there's so much support from the game and the community. I don't think I've played another game that's been given so many updates as TF2, which I personally think is a good thing. Expand
  40. Jun 3, 2011
    A year or two ago i would rate this game 10/10, but now its just a pile of mess. When it was released, it had 9 classes, each had 3 weapons. Later they decided the update the classes with new weapons, that wasnt more powerful than the default ones, but was more situational. Some people said it ruined the game already, i thought its cool, but the way they implemented it, not neccesary. ToA year or two ago i would rate this game 10/10, but now its just a pile of mess. When it was released, it had 9 classes, each had 3 weapons. Later they decided the update the classes with new weapons, that wasnt more powerful than the default ones, but was more situational. Some people said it ruined the game already, i thought its cool, but the way they implemented it, not neccesary. To obtain those new weapons you had to do achievements, and THIS is what ruined the game, it made people farm achievements to get new weapons instead of playing it as supposed. So the game turned into a giant grind-fest. Later they introduced drop system to avoid the farming, but that made it even worse. Now people would just "idle" instead of farming, they just logged in and AFK all night long, then after hours they get bunch of items, for nothing, for just being logged in. Thats just a lame and stupid design. Now they introduced something even worse... a real money shop where you can just buy the items. And that was it for me. Now half of the servers are made for either achievement grind, idling or trading. Sad how you can ruin a great game by implementing such fun-killing concepts. Expand
  41. Sep 26, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 is a brilliantly executed multiplayer game with a rich visual design that enhances the game play. The support and updates by Valve have led it to continuously improve over the years and the free to play business model TF2 has adopted will ensure that its a very influential game among western developers. Very few multiplayer games are flawless having unneeded modes andTeam Fortress 2 is a brilliantly executed multiplayer game with a rich visual design that enhances the game play. The support and updates by Valve have led it to continuously improve over the years and the free to play business model TF2 has adopted will ensure that its a very influential game among western developers. Very few multiplayer games are flawless having unneeded modes and complications but Valve's keen eye to design has ensured this is one of the best multiplayer games of its generation. Expand
  42. Jul 14, 2011
    If you haven't gotten this game by now the only excuse you have is that your computer is too crappy to run it. The gameplay is perfect, (with many different styles to suit almost every user). The replay value is great, (a player gains a new weapon/hat every 3-4 games). Nice aesthetics although it is a bit ruined by the hats, and the graphics are incredible, oh and by the way THIS GAME ISIf you haven't gotten this game by now the only excuse you have is that your computer is too crappy to run it. The gameplay is perfect, (with many different styles to suit almost every user). The replay value is great, (a player gains a new weapon/hat every 3-4 games). Nice aesthetics although it is a bit ruined by the hats, and the graphics are incredible, oh and by the way THIS GAME IS FREE NOW so there is almost no reason for you to not own it yet. Expand
  43. Sep 8, 2011
    This game helped secure Valve's place as gaming royalty. It made multiplayer online pc gaming a big deal and accessible to everyone. If you want classed based CTF or CP this is for you.
  44. Oct 15, 2011
    this is the best shooter ever, 3rd best game of all time, and only behind zack an wiki an cave story, so, uh... buy it: scout pyros, engineers, demos, everything a person could ask for, only prob is theres no campaign, and that is its hard, for ME, to get on a server, but theres always practice mode, so...

98% and free... so
  45. Sep 18, 2011
    Best MP FPS ever. Very balanced gameplay, humor is great and graphic style is fantastic. I had so many great hours with this game and all I can say is: "Thank you Valve" :)
  46. Sep 16, 2011
    in this game I do not like that look shorter than I'm playing and find the box but need a key to open and that the key to get him to buy the only way that's what I do not like fortres TEAM 2
  47. Sep 16, 2011
    Awesome game, a shooter that requires teamwork to win. I think that valve has done a great job and should be rewarded fr making a fine pieces of art for the people of the next generation to remember
  48. Sep 18, 2011
    Probably the multiplayer class-based videogame to date. I've played over 400 hours of this game and I still love every moment of it. The cartoon graphics are comical and there is a touch of humor built into the game. I think it is an incredible game even without a storyline, and the fact that Valve has been able to (mostly) keep all of the classes in check and not overpowering is aProbably the multiplayer class-based videogame to date. I've played over 400 hours of this game and I still love every moment of it. The cartoon graphics are comical and there is a touch of humor built into the game. I think it is an incredible game even without a storyline, and the fact that Valve has been able to (mostly) keep all of the classes in check and not overpowering is a fantastic feat. Plus it's now FREE so there is no excuse to not get this game. I would HIGHLY recommend to ANYBODY old enough to play. Expand
  49. Sep 28, 2011
    I enjoyed this game so much on Xbox, I bought it for PC. Now it's free. I prefered the original, which wasn't as deep and didn't give you choice of weapons. With all the updates and new stuff, the game isn't the same. It is by far the best game ever for teamwork. Classes are blanced and continuous patches and updates- and now it's free to play. What annoys me is why Valve didn't leave TF2I enjoyed this game so much on Xbox, I bought it for PC. Now it's free. I prefered the original, which wasn't as deep and didn't give you choice of weapons. With all the updates and new stuff, the game isn't the same. It is by far the best game ever for teamwork. Classes are blanced and continuous patches and updates- and now it's free to play. What annoys me is why Valve didn't leave TF2 as it was originally and release Team Fortress 3. Instead they update all 9 classes, add the item trading and then make it free to play. Seems like a bad business plan to me. Nevertheless, it's definitely worth checking out since it's really popular, a lot of support and huge community. Best of all, it's free to play. It's no about going out to get kills like on CoD, but working as a team. Expand
  50. Sep 20, 2011
    The most balanced, enjoyable, and fun FPS you will ever play. If you do not own this game or have never played this game, you are not worthy to call yourself a 'Gamer'
  51. Sep 28, 2011
    Graphics are creative and funny, Controls are ultra-smooth and the game-play is FUN. FUN being the important word here. The game may look simple at first glance, but is a very complex shooter. Pretty much still a perfect game after all these years.
  52. Oct 2, 2011
    It's free now, so why not? This game is endless fun. It's a little frustrating at first, but there's an offline practice mode which was really helpful when I first got this a few years ago. Once you get the hang of it, this is addicting. The game modes are fun, and the maps are awesome. There's over 30 official Valve maps, which are great. There's also unlimited custom maps to play, andIt's free now, so why not? This game is endless fun. It's a little frustrating at first, but there's an offline practice mode which was really helpful when I first got this a few years ago. Once you get the hang of it, this is addicting. The game modes are fun, and the maps are awesome. There's over 30 official Valve maps, which are great. There's also unlimited custom maps to play, and custom game modes such as dodgeball and prop hunt. There's constant updates. There's a lot of weapons to choose from, and although some people complain about balance, it's still more balanced than most games. The game is also funny, it's likely to put a smile on your face if you have any sense of humour. Name one other game where you can throw piss and eat sandwiches, and play as a drunk Scottish black guy. Yeah. Over 2000 hours played, and this still doesn't bore me. If you get it, I recommend the map koth_Harvest_Event, a Valve map even though I play customs a lot :) Expand
  53. Oct 3, 2011
    it's usually (like 95% of time) good but sometimes it glitches, stops, and sometimes freezes, but overall I love it, so 8/10 from me, because the enjoyment is way up there with my favorite game, PRINCE OF PERSIA: The Forgotten Sands
  54. Oct 8, 2011
    Amazing in every way, just so intense and fun. With 9 different classes it assures you there is a character for you. There are 100's of weapons & hats to customize, and many maps to choose from. In addition people are always online so you'll never be alone...creepy.
  55. Oct 6, 2011
    awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome.awesome. Expand
  56. Oct 13, 2011
    This is by far the BEST GAME EVER. Not only does it combine fast paced shooting and fun maps, but it adds a major twist of cartoony humor, which most other first person shooters lack. This game is deffinetly the most creative online shooter (like every valve game) and it never gets old with valves constant update. Also, you can buy hats.
  57. Oct 18, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Lots of characters and balanced game-play. The cartoon graphics make the game much more entertaining.The only problems I had is people buying stuff to be better and the requirement of getting a steam. Otherwise, an overall great game with lots of achievements to unlock Expand
  58. Oct 28, 2011
    This is a very good game. The graphics are amazing and funny and the characters are the best that i ever seen. Everything is simple and smooth which create an very relaxing atmosfere to enjoy this game. But why only 9? because there are items that to get, you need to pay and now the game is free which more people came and ruin certain games for the people that got the game from Orange Box like me.
  59. Oct 26, 2011
    I love this game. It's a game for the not too complicated First-Person Shooter games fans. The game is just awsome. If you don't have it, you MUST buy it! It's just madly awsome!
  60. Oct 26, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 Noun
    Definition:
    FUN! Team Fortress 2 has made me rethink my life. One of the cool things about TF2 is that it's not to realistic, like most FPS. Nine classes, each with their own Pros and Cons, weapons, and hats, battle for supremacy by request of their bosses who secretly control half the world. Easily takes the 10 I'm giving it. Every morning I get up, play ELDER
    Team Fortress 2 Noun
    Definition:
    FUN!

Team Fortress 2 has made me rethink my life. One of the cool things about TF2 is that it's not to realistic, like most FPS. Nine classes, each with their own Pros and Cons, weapons, and hats, battle for supremacy by request of their bosses who secretly control half the world. Easily takes the 10 I'm giving it. Every morning I get up, play ELDER SCROLLS: IV OBLIVION, and after 4 hours of that, I hop on my PC and give TF2 an hour play before I resume life like a human. The Scout can run like no other class, double jump, and drink assorted soda's. The Soldier uses a rocket launcher to blast enemies apart in a bloody, gory mess. The Pyro can light enemies on fire with his flamethrower or flare gun. The Heavy can spin his minigun and deal massive damage, and so on. Now that it's FREE TO PLAY* everyone owns it, and if you don't, you need it. Really. *Really. Get it off Steam or www.tf2freetoplay.com!
  61. Oct 27, 2011
    Team fortress 2 is an amazing game that played brilliantly with no problems what so ever.
    Thanks to Steam VAC we don't have to worry about hackers ruining our experience
  62. Oct 27, 2011
    One of the best games ever made. Addictive gameplay, amazingly balanced maps, creative class structures and ridiculous art direction make this game stand above the rest. ITS FREE NOW AND I WOULD STILL GLADLY PAY $60 FOR THIS GAME.
  63. Oct 28, 2011
    Highly entertaining hat simulator with a first-person shooter theme. Endless hours of online fun taunting your opponents and showing off your magnificent hats. Humor, retro theme, quicky cartoon-like graphics ... some will "get it" and love it, some won't and will hate it.
  64. Oct 28, 2011
    Excellent game! The humor combinned with the best game play ever made from Valve since Counter-Strike 1.6 made me expend lots of quality time with it. The tutorials are almost perfect and, if the game holds you attention for hours and hours. Unique Problem: Too much time downloading and loading and, sometimes, ALT + TAB bugs it. Crashes aren't that rare eigher.
  65. Oct 28, 2011
    Looking for team vs. team combat with great graphics and FREE to play? Look no further, you have found it. This game has enough classes to keep you interested and enough maps to keep you happy as can be!
  66. Dec 1, 2011
    Nice try at recreating the wheel, but tf2 is not a real team fortress game. Team Fortress is not about balance, its about each character having its strengths and weaknesses. tf2 is overally balanced so there is little need for team work. From release day tf2 crapped all over its Team Fortress heritage, and from there the game has only degraded until its an embarrassment to the TeamNice try at recreating the wheel, but tf2 is not a real team fortress game. Team Fortress is not about balance, its about each character having its strengths and weaknesses. tf2 is overally balanced so there is little need for team work. From release day tf2 crapped all over its Team Fortress heritage, and from there the game has only degraded until its an embarrassment to the Team Fortress community. If you want a "real" team fortress game, go play Fortress Forever or Team Fortress Classic. Expand
  67. Jan 1, 2013
    I would have given this game a 10 around when it was first released, yet to be raped by valve's money grubbing schemes. Each of the classes in this game had a specific role, with a specific arsenal of weapons. That made them special and gave them each a purpose in the game. Around when the hats, microtransactions, trading, and free-to-play came, it all went to hell. I like the fact thatI would have given this game a 10 around when it was first released, yet to be raped by valve's money grubbing schemes. Each of the classes in this game had a specific role, with a specific arsenal of weapons. That made them special and gave them each a purpose in the game. Around when the hats, microtransactions, trading, and free-to-play came, it all went to hell. I like the fact that valve is constantly updating the game, but they're doing it wrong. The introduction of dozens of new weapons simply blurs the lines between the distinctive abilities of each of the classes. Heavies that run fast? Snipers that are impervious to backstabs? Spies that can headshot? Medics with arrows? (etc.) These ridiculous new abilities makes each of the classes less special. Furthermore, I was appalled when valve decided to slap their customers in the face by suddenly making this game free-to-play. They advertise it as a good thing. But valve's greed is easily uncovered. The free to play aspect of this game allows more people to be exposed to the tf2 microtransactions market, making valve even more money in expense of the people that already bought this game. Now this game is filled with angry and unskilled grade-schoolers that don't need their mom's credit card to buy and play this game. The overall experience of teamwork and ingame fellowship is ruined. Players with their newly-bought "overpowered" weapons think they are a one-man army, with no need for team support. I also really hate all these stupid accessories people put on their characters. It makes the game look like a goofy social avatar game rather than a competitive team-based game. More importantly, people's goals are changed to get more hats and items. I really miss the experience with this game when it first came out. Everybody worked together, there were no teams full of snipers and engineers. People understood what this game was about. I notice valve is ruining a lot of things lately. l4d2? cs:go? portal 2 is an exception. Nevertheless, I have lost all respect for valve and I no longer support them. Expand
  68. Sep 28, 2012
    The originality and style of the game makes it timeless and enjoyable for most gamers. This game adds so many new guns and even new game modes and all of it FOR FREE. If this was made by E.A. or Activision, it would cost you $20 per update. Valve, like always, has out done themselves
  69. Apr 28, 2012
    This game is great and it's available for free on steam (steam.com). The various types of games keep things interesting and the alternative gameplays like prophunt (hide and seek) are a nice change to the shooting.
  70. Sep 2, 2012
    Team Fortress 2 is the greatest multiplayer game ever made. It isn't easy for me to make a statement like that, but it is true. With 1,085.9 hours clocked in since October of 2007, I have played more of TF2 than any other game I've played at least 4 times over, and I don't see any end in sight. Valve has done a fantastic job constantly updating the game, and still stand as the only Free toTeam Fortress 2 is the greatest multiplayer game ever made. It isn't easy for me to make a statement like that, but it is true. With 1,085.9 hours clocked in since October of 2007, I have played more of TF2 than any other game I've played at least 4 times over, and I don't see any end in sight. Valve has done a fantastic job constantly updating the game, and still stand as the only Free to Play game done right. I've never bought a single item in the game and yet I'm swimming in hats and weapons. The recent introduction of Mann Vs. Machine, a co-op gamemode, was pretty much a stroke of genius on Valve's part. Despite a few balancing issues, It fits so seamlessly into the game, it almost feels like Valve had intended it from the beginning. Each class has their own distinctive role and style of play,. That fact along with custom maps add the possibility of sinking hundreds of hours into this gamemode alone. If TF2 had a price tag, it would be known as the gaming bargain of a lifetime. Without a price tag, it is the most foolish mistake any FPS fan could make to pass on. I can't see how anybody could pick up TF2 and not have at least a bit of fun. There is no other game quite like it. I can't see myself getting my multiplayer fix from any other game in a long, long time. Expand
  71. Jun 8, 2012
    First of all I must say this: Everybody who say "I bought this game for 50$ and now is F2P!" is an idiot, because whole orange box was for 50$, not only TF2 alone. I bought orange box in discount for around 10â
  72. Jun 9, 2012
    This game is FREE and you totally have to play it. VERY HUGE variety of weapons, Superbly detailed and this game cannot be missed! To all those people that think the game is bad, IGNORE that!
  73. Jul 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The reason i gave this a 5 is that valve made it f2p yes it has more people but kids just go spamming their mic and those who paid for it did not get anything even if they bought it beause f2p can just buy something from the store that cost less than $5 and their game is just like those who paid $20 for it sorry if this have a bad english Expand
  74. Jan 2, 2013
    Some people think of TF2 as that game where people "hold down mouse one and go one a massacre". That's just Call of Duty in a nutshell. This game is a lot more complex than Call of Duty. It requires skill and teamwork. You most likely won't win a match with a majority of your team playing the same class. Each class assists each other in one way or another. Heavy throws down his Sandvich toSome people think of TF2 as that game where people "hold down mouse one and go one a massacre". That's just Call of Duty in a nutshell. This game is a lot more complex than Call of Duty. It requires skill and teamwork. You most likely won't win a match with a majority of your team playing the same class. Each class assists each other in one way or another. Heavy throws down his Sandvich to replenish one of his teammates health, while Sniper extinguishes flames with his Jarate (helps see those spies too.)-- the Scout having the same job if the user has mad milk equipped. This game comes in with an innocent expression on its face and some hats, and you learn the basics and then get into the advanced stuff. This game keeps itself hilarious, while having balanced and extremely addictive and fun gameplay. This is also free-to-play. I'd like you to download this game on Steam. Do not... I repeat... DO NOT Get The Orange Box for Xbox 360 or Playstation 3. Those include this game, but with stock/default loadouts and no extra content whatsoever. The best version for every Valve game, by far, is on PC. Expand
  75. Jul 25, 2012
    This game I feel deserves a 7 due to 2 reasons. The community and the trading aspect which I suggest you steer clear from as they're probably the 2 worst things in the game. Other than that, the game has nice music that won't bore you for a while, Great game play, nice art-style, fun game-modes, loads of customization from weapons to hats, servers from around the world (not just an areaThis game I feel deserves a 7 due to 2 reasons. The community and the trading aspect which I suggest you steer clear from as they're probably the 2 worst things in the game. Other than that, the game has nice music that won't bore you for a while, Great game play, nice art-style, fun game-modes, loads of customization from weapons to hats, servers from around the world (not just an area like America or Korea) and you can also rent servers as well (not from valve) and it shows a proper example of what Free to Play shooters should be like unlike other shooters like Combat arms or Team Fortress 2's Rip-off Final combat Expand
  76. Jul 21, 2012
    This game is amazing. I don't know how to put it in any other way. It's also free, so there's no risk trying it out. Sure, one may argue that hats have ruined TF2, but I think that hats aren't enough to ruin something as big as this. If you don't like hats, don't wear them. As for everyone else, get this game.
  77. Jul 22, 2012
    This game is amazing! I've played this for months now and it's still not boring. The humour, the cartoon-ish look... everything! I recommend this game.
  78. Aug 21, 2012
    I absolutely love this game, it brought action together with comedy very well, being addicted to the game at one point I foolishly spent £40 in their Mann.Co store for extra items, however trading these items over a long period of time has allowed me to get £120 worth of games through steam trading.
  79. Aug 16, 2012
    with endless amount of replay value, cartoonishly vibrant '60s themed outfits and map development, hilarious character classes that are all unique and finely balanced on scale, loads of new updates to improve the game, and now that the game is FREE, for life, makes this game even more worthwhile to play. There are plenty maps to choose from, plenty of game modes to play on, so many optionswith endless amount of replay value, cartoonishly vibrant '60s themed outfits and map development, hilarious character classes that are all unique and finely balanced on scale, loads of new updates to improve the game, and now that the game is FREE, for life, makes this game even more worthwhile to play. There are plenty maps to choose from, plenty of game modes to play on, so many options to choose from a always free game, Team Fortress 2 defines how a FPS shooter can be loads of fun as well as entertaining. Expand
  80. Aug 17, 2012
    This game is really good and I can see why people go 10 though the downfall to it is the community. This isn't really valve's fault though, but it doesn't help when little kids mic spam for new items instead of playing the game and a flood of Achievement, trading and Idling servers are always on the list or the fact that 25% actually play has a team. Kinda leads to a stall in an otherwiseThis game is really good and I can see why people go 10 though the downfall to it is the community. This isn't really valve's fault though, but it doesn't help when little kids mic spam for new items instead of playing the game and a flood of Achievement, trading and Idling servers are always on the list or the fact that 25% actually play has a team. Kinda leads to a stall in an otherwise fun game after a while and somewhat frustrating when you get spawn camped with sentry guns waiting outside. The only reason why I don't give it a 0 is because I actually vote based on my own opinion and not go "Hey look, people voted 10 for a game which I think is terrible because there is no grenades and assault rifles in the game. I think i'll give a 0 because of that" Expand
  81. Sep 20, 2012
    Those who say there is no depth of play are either plain stupid or made that comment to early. When the game was released back in 2007, I would give it a 9/10, but now after all these improvements this is definitively a 10/10 - Valve did a great job on this game making it fun for the regular player and tactical, skill-based and team-dependant for the enthusiast gamer. One of the bestThose who say there is no depth of play are either plain stupid or made that comment to early. When the game was released back in 2007, I would give it a 9/10, but now after all these improvements this is definitively a 10/10 - Valve did a great job on this game making it fun for the regular player and tactical, skill-based and team-dependant for the enthusiast gamer. One of the best competitive game so far and one of the best fictional game worlds ever created. And of course - HATS. Expand
  82. Oct 12, 2012
    I bought this game in the Orange Box a long time ago, but kind of forgot it. I'm glad I recently decided to give it a shot. This game is the real thing. Nice graphics and gameplay, well-balanced classes, lots of cool items and weapons, a very strong community. Fantastic!
  83. Aug 31, 2012
    Just amazing!
    I just keep playing and exacly when I get bored, BAM a new spectacular update
    If it keeps that way, I think this is one of those games ill just keep playing forever The best of it... ITS ORIGINAL Have you seen a GOOD humoristic shooter? NO! What I like about this shooter is that its not your everyday regular shooter, that you get bored when you finish a campain or gain
    Just amazing!
    I just keep playing and exacly when I get bored, BAM a new spectacular update
    The best of it...
    ITS ORIGINAL
    everyday regular shooter, that you get bored when you finish a campain or gain levels
    Nope! tf2 has no campain, Levels are Hats and you never get bored
  84. Sep 19, 2012
    This game has so many qualities but the main one that stands out about TF2 is it is the most successful example of combining multiple, completely different gaming styles into one game.
  85. Sep 24, 2012
    This game is totally awesome. I am not really a huge fan of multiplayer games, but this, this is different. I have never played a game like this before. Truly worth looking at. And the best part is, it's FREE on steam, which is also FREE. If i don't seem to encourage you, go youtube meet the scout, or meet the pyro, or whatever, JUST GET IT. PERIOD.
  86. Nov 5, 2012
    Team Fortress 2 is a load of fun to play. The cartoony feel and personas given to each class really adds to the feel of the game. The classes are for the most part balanced, each class having their specific strengths and weaknesses. Although that being said many classes seem to be far more useful most of the time. Another downside to this unique combat system is the learning curve, manyTeam Fortress 2 is a load of fun to play. The cartoony feel and personas given to each class really adds to the feel of the game. The classes are for the most part balanced, each class having their specific strengths and weaknesses. Although that being said many classes seem to be far more useful most of the time. Another downside to this unique combat system is the learning curve, many skills obtained from playing generic FPS games do not transition well, which may frustrate new players. This however, is counterbalanced by the overall casual environment created by the game. I mean how seriously can you take a game who's economy is based around hats? Expand
  87. Nov 6, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Team Fortress 2 is one of the excited games I know! It`s a co-op multiplayer game too play on different types. I mean that Team Fortress 2 is a very funny game and a premium is that you can get more than 400 awards on Steam. Like! Expand
  88. Dec 30, 2012
    I guess writing my review for Team Fortress 2 is redundant. Is a great game and others before me have said it ad infinitum. But I feel an urge to express my opinions and this is it.
    Team Fortress is like a diamond which came out of mud, from the depths of the FPS world came a balanced, deep and funny game, a game which is the denial of every skill based game filled with leet players calling you noob, like COD or CS.
    It's like a cooperative chess, in the sense that no class is perfect in itself, always having disadvantages, depending on others and needing to fulfill a specific role in the team. Add to this a great visual design resembling the 70's and 60's- believe me, I work as a graphic designer- great typhography, great conceptual design, a whole culture, context and world behind the characters, a long learning curve... And you have endless hours of fun. The community of Team Fortress is alive and very participative in creating content.
    The only problem is that Team Fortress is haunted by it's FPS context and past, so when you enter a game and see that your team is made of 4 snipers and 3 spies, you know you are doomed, and you can image a 15 years old kid, thinking the games is all about aiming, being sneaky, or being the "best player", while your team is being raped over and over again. I sincerely propose that Valve one day cap the numbers of certain classes in teams or that classes are assigned randomly to players.
  89. Jan 20, 2013
    I think this game is excellent! You may never get bored! 9 classes to choose from! Each with an advantage and a disadvantage. Play as scout and use speed for offense! Be a soldier and blow people up from a distance! Be a Pyro and burn things! Be a Demo man to become a Demo-noob and use explosives and sticky bombs for surprise attacks or just for exploding! Be a heavy where power to theI think this game is excellent! You may never get bored! 9 classes to choose from! Each with an advantage and a disadvantage. Play as scout and use speed for offense! Be a soldier and blow people up from a distance! Be a Pyro and burn things! Be a Demo man to become a Demo-noob and use explosives and sticky bombs for surprise attacks or just for exploding! Be a heavy where power to the close range is your thing! Kill people fast while being a heavy tank! Be an engineer and build things, like a sentry, a very powerful guard! Be a Medic and heal people, uber charge them for best performances when ready! Be a sniper and, well its self explanatory. Finally, be a spy and confuse enemies by making you one of them as a trick! Capture flags, Control the King of the Hill, Push payloads, deliver the thingy into a rocket, fight to the death, and capture control points is what you can do! Fight with robots if that's more of your cup of tea. Took off a point because there are a lot of noobs, especially demo-noobs. I like this game, but it CAN get laggy. Expand
  90. May 1, 2014
    Pretty much the best multiplayer FPS of all time. I played this game religiously for about 3 years from 08 to 2011. Counter-strike may be more competitive and realistic, but TF2 is way, way more fun and has way more replayability value. It is now 6 years since its release, and it is still an excellent game that is better than 99% of shooters.

Valve did an amazing job with the classes,

Valve did an amazing job with the classes, the game modes, and the balance between them. If you get bored of one class, guess what, you have many more to play instead. Every class feels unique and fun. Also, there is nothing quite like getting Ubered as a heavy and mowing down 10 enemies, or getting a Kritzkrieg with a demo on a map with tight hallways.

The graphical style is also incredibly unique and so good that it looks awesome even now in 2014. Really, I have nothing negative to say about TF2. I haven't been playing it in a while but I know it still has an awesome community, and if I ever feel like playing, there are a couple people on my Steam friends list that were there from the beginning and still playing.
  91. Mar 11, 2013
    This game can run on a surprisingly large range of computer types, making it very accessable. As a result, there are many servers to run on, and this game is addicting. The humor style is great, the fanbase/community is great, and the entire game is just a joy to play no matter how much you suck at it.
  92. Jun 3, 2013
    the funniest game i ever played online... from the artistic point of view is awesome, and the gameplay is perfect... i cant' think of any way this game can be better than how it is... now that it bacema a free to play game i see no reason for not playing it!
  93. May 11, 2013
    What can i say that hasn't been said? Its one of the best FPS's of all time. The few complaints with it i have are mainly server problems that still continue to keep me from playing this game sometimes, and Spies. I hate Spies. And yet i cant get mad because spies are difficult to play, and if you got good with them congrats cause i suck at playing spy.
  94. Dec 27, 2013
    I don't know why people love this game, it's the worst game developed by Valve. It's a generic shooter where you have to jump here and there and nothing more. You have good customization options, but it doesn't worth. The graphics are good, but it can be better (the effects are very standard). It's a good game? Yes, and its free, but it is not a great game like everyone says.
  95. Jun 6, 2013
    Was my favourite game, but valve added too much content that I disliked. From 2010 it was worse and worse: Ingame shop, trading, more hats, TF2 went f2p(allowing kids, trolls and cheaters to play), introducing op weapons that change whole gameplay. After 2980 hours I decided to quit and I play it only sometimes. It don't hold me like it was before. Nowadays Valve says Who needs new maps,Was my favourite game, but valve added too much content that I disliked. From 2010 it was worse and worse: Ingame shop, trading, more hats, TF2 went f2p(allowing kids, trolls and cheaters to play), introducing op weapons that change whole gameplay. After 2980 hours I decided to quit and I play it only sometimes. It don't hold me like it was before. Nowadays Valve says Who needs new maps, weapons? We need only more hats!" it just make me sad. Expand
  96. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Though it was originally a game based on teamwork, the entire community is crap. With good and interesting maps, along with a (for some reason, hated) Free-2-Play status, it's a fun game. Except for the fact the people judge you on your ITEMS. If you don't have a hat that has some dumb effect, then you the most hated person in the game. Those people who first join the game are pummled to the ground with taunts of how they are "noobs" and "bad players", what do you expect? They just joined the game, don't expect them to be gods getting kills left and right. And then there are people who spend thousands just to buy these virtual hats, the game is nothing more than a hat simulator with players who wear dumb clothing thinking they are cool, along with the use of the same unfair technique on others, such as Scouts following someone across the battlefield just to kill you, Demomen who use their Sticky bomb launchers for offense, battle Medics that never respect or heal their own teammates, ETC.
    Not to mention, the biggest kill of the game are "Critical Hits". Why do these even exist? They turn a fair battle into a "kill the rabbits" gamemode. About to kill someone at point blank with a shotgun? Nope, 1 critical hit from a pistol and you are dead.
    Also, why aren't weapons and maps added to the game more often? Each patch that is added into the game is just filled with hats and other things.
    All in all, it's a good game, but unless you want to put up with spoil, unfair, and non cohesive players, don't waste your computer space.
  97. Oct 15, 2013
    This game is GOOD, don't get me wrong, a 6 is not a bad score. I'm not complaining about the graphics either, I think they suit the game play style and are a fun addition. The game play is also quite fun, and quite addictive. The addictive-ness of this game falls quite quickly due to the very repetitive game play. It's Kill, Die, Kill, Die, change class, Die, Die, Kill, change class, Kill,This game is GOOD, don't get me wrong, a 6 is not a bad score. I'm not complaining about the graphics either, I think they suit the game play style and are a fun addition. The game play is also quite fun, and quite addictive. The addictive-ness of this game falls quite quickly due to the very repetitive game play. It's Kill, Die, Kill, Die, change class, Die, Die, Kill, change class, Kill, Kill, Die. I find that all the game modes are just mediocre, nothing new or interesting, they've all been seen before. And the world is EXTREMELY hard for beginners, as I once was. Some people in the game also like to obsess over hats, to be honest hats take away the game play and make players focus on something irrelevant. Overall this game is quite good. Expand
  98. Oct 21, 2013
    Really good to play with your friends and it has funny classes to choose from and every class does have pluss and minus sides. For example, Heavy is very slow, but it has alot of hp and firepower. Scout not much hp, but really fast and medium firepower. Only real is it went free to play and it came along with hats, miscs and guns. Like in the shop there's some miscs and hats which costReally good to play with your friends and it has funny classes to choose from and every class does have pluss and minus sides. For example, Heavy is very slow, but it has alot of hp and firepower. Scout not much hp, but really fast and medium firepower. Only real is it went free to play and it came along with hats, miscs and guns. Like in the shop there's some miscs and hats which cost about 1-10€ and unusals are worth of 50€? Really? Expand
  99. Nov 23, 2013
    Tf2 one of the best games i'll ever play in my life so addicting so entertaining, people say the game got ruined because of the weapons and the store well that's not true unlike many games tf2 is not a pay to win game and people often get confused the new weapon they find is isn't better than their old one no it isn't and in most cases the default weapon i much better since the others haveTf2 one of the best games i'll ever play in my life so addicting so entertaining, people say the game got ruined because of the weapons and the store well that's not true unlike many games tf2 is not a pay to win game and people often get confused the new weapon they find is isn't better than their old one no it isn't and in most cases the default weapon i much better since the others have ups and downs but it actually depends on your style and what situation you are in and there are many ways to find these items, you acquire them via drop system, you trade them with other people,you do achievements or buy them but don't do that only spend 5 dollars on the game so you have a better drop rate. There are many other different items including hats which do not affect gameplay but affects what other players think of you and the most expensive hat is a unusual team captain I think worth about $4000 usd Expand
  100. Mar 31, 2014
    A really fun game with super fun mechanics. Has some performance issues when new updates get released but nothing that can't be fixed by tweaking settings. Free game with lots to do. Multiple different game modes, hats **** and other hsit (man i dont even play this game). Artstyle is so great and it's always stayed the same, following the guidelines that Valve created, no wacky hats like,A really fun game with super fun mechanics. Has some performance issues when new updates get released but nothing that can't be fixed by tweaking settings. Free game with lots to do. Multiple different game modes, hats **** and other hsit (man i dont even play this game). Artstyle is so great and it's always stayed the same, following the guidelines that Valve created, no wacky hats like, idk, pony heads or heavy fairy sets. It's also free so that's pretty cool I guess, unless you're one of those idiots who don't want the game to grow and you're pissed at the new players instead of helping them but whatever. (that sentence woah) Pubs are fun to mess around in and competitive scene is fun and challenging. Probably the best game I've ever played, however the game is dead so I have to give it a 1/10. Expand

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.