Team Fortress 2 PC

9.2

1. AnonymousMC
    Oct 15, 2007
    Since I filled in this form already and you set the javascipt to not allow resizing, I lost what I typed in and I won't type it again. Plus, you can't see the next "error" page anyway because most of it is outside of the upper portion of the window. Not very helpful.
  2. I.A.
    Oct 19, 2007
    Awesome, extremely fresh and different(as FPS games go), 10/10 graphics, addicting gameplay and most improtantly -> it's absolutely FUN!
  3. JamesB.
    Nov 9, 2007
    Amazing! A game that is actually FUN to play! Characters all have their own personalities which makes the game even more groundbreaking.
  4. JamesG.
    Oct 21, 2007
    Amazingly brilliant game. Some TFC old-timers may go OMG THIS ISN'T THE EXACT SAME GAME, but this is a far more fun game.
  5. RichardV.
    Oct 22, 2007
    The most addictive, first person shooter ever, an exelent balance between all clases. Its just, a masterpiece.
  6. EvanS.
    Dec 23, 2007
    This game is one of the most fun and addicting team based strategy games out there. With fast paced action and many different classes combined with on-line play, it will keep anyone up all night.
  7. YermakirumY.
    Dec 28, 2007
    Very good game.
  8. CraigM.
    Oct 23, 2007
    Team Fortress 2 completely dominated the season opener LAN party at Abattoir.Net -- not since Battlefield 2 has a FPS held the reigns so tight. To sum TF2 up in four words, action, action, action and fun!
  9. ChrisC.
    Oct 27, 2007
    This is a great followup to TFC. Granted they took away a couple good features of the original, they made up for it with great teamwork required gaming.
  10. AndrewB.
    Oct 29, 2007
    This is the best game in the world in my opinion. It has perfect class balance and gameplay. Only thing missing is more maps, which will be made in due time.
  11. AnonymousMC
    Oct 31, 2007
    El team force 2 es lo mejor que le a pasado a valve, tampoco quiero dejar a parte el Half-life 2 o el Counter-strike:Source pero el team force 2 esta arrasando en todos los paises sobre todo en america y en españa... Destaca por su grafica de comic (pero realista) su cachondeo con los personages.... vamos resumiendo que es la OSTIA, como dice el '' THE NEW YORKEl team force 2 es lo mejor que le a pasado a valve, tampoco quiero dejar a parte el Half-life 2 o el Counter-strike:Source pero el team force 2 esta arrasando en todos los paises sobre todo en america y en españa... Destaca por su grafica de comic (pero realista) su cachondeo con los personages.... vamos resumiendo que es la OSTIA, como dice el '' THE NEW YORK TIMES'' porcierto un buen periodico. Si alguien quiere ablar con migo my steam es/is COPEGI. SALUDOS Expand
  12. AnonymousMC
    Nov 14, 2008
    I got this game since beta and saw how the unique cartoon style has made this game fun and humorous game yet also can be a serious game if the team work together and still be funny, loved every minute of it. The first class I played was the heavy, loved his minigun and his taunts and pretty much everything about him. "Keep crying babies!"
  13. SteveL.
    Nov 15, 2008
    I love this game.
  14. AnonymousMC
    Nov 23, 2008
    well...i only got this game because of team fortress classic and 1.5.....it is is nothing like them buy its GREAT FUN!!!this game is worth every dollar,yen,rubbel or whatever your currency is....the other games you should get that are as amazing as this one are Counter strike: source(or any one of them) and fortress forever(search it up on Google or steam its free...basically team fortresswell...i only got this game because of team fortress classic and 1.5.....it is is nothing like them buy its GREAT FUN!!!this game is worth every dollar,yen,rubbel or whatever your currency is....the other games you should get that are as amazing as this one are Counter strike: source(or any one of them) and fortress forever(search it up on Google or steam its free...basically team fortress 1.5:source with super cool new weapons(not many though,,,not to spoils the game Expand
  15. SpencerH.
    Jan 17, 2008
    An extremely fun game, with great visual style, that will look good no matter how real other graphics are. Different classes, plenty of servers, and a small variety of maps ensures that there will always be something to do.
  16. AnonymousMC
    Dec 14, 2008
    Best, most complete multiplayer fps i've ever played. Zaaaa and anonymous are both ridiculous and didnt stick around long enough to see that the upgrades change the game without unbalancing it. The balancing is incredible, there are truly no bad classes and no unbeatable combinations. Everything else seems to have been said already, although let me add that there are a surprisingBest, most complete multiplayer fps i've ever played. Zaaaa and anonymous are both ridiculous and didnt stick around long enough to see that the upgrades change the game without unbalancing it. The balancing is incredible, there are truly no bad classes and no unbeatable combinations. Everything else seems to have been said already, although let me add that there are a surprising number of casual gamers being brought into the TF2 community, but there are huge niches for both the most casual and gung-ho gamers around. Expand
  17. AnonymousMC
    Dec 19, 2008
    Been playing this game for over a month, used to play the original TF back in the days as well as other multiplayer games such as Counter Strike and I must say this is a worthy sucessor to those games.

Balanced gameplay, varied classes, replayable maps as well as a continous stream of updates fram Valve makes this game feel fresh everytime you play it.
  18. AnonymousMC
    Oct 31, 2008
    An absolutely excellent game in every aspect. It is a revolutionary first-person shooter in that you cannot always rely on you yourself to win the game. You will have to use every member of your team in order to win the game. It has incredible replay-value and the most excellent multi-player I've ever seen.
  19. DominicJ.
    Feb 11, 2008
    I love this game Period to much to say speechless on how to explain it all.
  20. Tobias>
    Feb 14, 2008
    Funniest game in its genre.... I´ve played every game in this category since doom.... and I have never had so much fun. First time, I laughed myself of the chair.
  21. MarkB.
    Feb 17, 2008
    very nice, multiple choices....and Weapons! Looking forward to future updates.
  22. ChristianS.
    Feb 19, 2008
    The best game EVER, great graphics effects, quality, lot of violence and blood , cold comedy, etc! Lots of challenging, and cools stats and achievement that you can earn!
  23. AnonymousMC
    Feb 29, 2008
    The only gripe I have with this version is the game has gotten rid of the grenades. Us TFC veterans need to look past this, though. The devs are striving for BALANCE, and let me tell you, TF2 sets a new bar for the "weakest link" theory.

The new graphics engine amplifies the cartoon violence to a new Pixar era of amusing individuality in facial animation. The community is as strong as ever. You can see this, because the game is updated about every two weeks, and hacks are few/far between. Most importantly, each class doesn't feel more powerful than the next. All have an important role in teamwork. Don't let the haters or fans of one particular class tell you otherwise. Master each class, and you can see each has an equal strenth and weakness.

All in all, the best online multiplayer shooter ever made (TFC) has been upgraded with more balance and better visuals. Job well done.
  24. AnonymousMC
    Mar 11, 2008
    Such an amazing game, reaching my 50 hour now and I am still having tons of fun. Found a nice clan and i'm kicking ass. I suggest everyone gets this game, and for the love of god do not whine about pyros, they rock so much. They are the best ambush classes of all time, and evne now I am yet to be able to fully master them even though that is the clast I revel in, train hard, fightSuch an amazing game, reaching my 50 hour now and I am still having tons of fun. Found a nice clan and i'm kicking ass. I suggest everyone gets this game, and for the love of god do not whine about pyros, they rock so much. They are the best ambush classes of all time, and evne now I am yet to be able to fully master them even though that is the clast I revel in, train hard, fight well, die with pride. Expand
  25. AnonymousMC
    Mar 13, 2008
    After playing a variety of FPS, starting with Weapons Factory (a team-based game for Quake 2), then moving to TFC (Team Fortress Classic), I can say I am well and truely addicted to TF2. Yeah, it is not as complicated as it's predecessors (no grenade spamming, no exploding dispensers, etc.), but the MAIN left fist to the balls is still there...tactics and fraggin. You may join aAfter playing a variety of FPS, starting with Weapons Factory (a team-based game for Quake 2), then moving to TFC (Team Fortress Classic), I can say I am well and truely addicted to TF2. Yeah, it is not as complicated as it's predecessors (no grenade spamming, no exploding dispensers, etc.), but the MAIN left fist to the balls is still there...tactics and fraggin. You may join a team getting it's nads cracked and become a medic or scout and turn the entire game around by how well the team meshes together. That's right..team, thus the name of the game. I've been playing it straight since it has come out (4+ months) and haven't touched Episodes 1 or 2 and have forgotten what Counter-Strike: Source is or how to play it. Screw the NY Times and their idiot reviewers. Hell, when was the last time they got anything right anyway. Buy it, play it, live it. Expand
  26. AnonymousMC
    Apr 15, 2008
    This game practically redefines the multiplayer FPS genre. There is no other game that is this unique, and at the same time, as fun to play as this. Sure Halo 3 is great for a while, but it get very repetetive and extremely competetive. With Team Fortress 2, you get nine classes to choose from, each with different styles of gameplay.

Say your one of those Sam Fisher or Snake stealth

Say your one of those Sam Fisher or Snake stealth game players, hop in as the Spy!
    Real time strategy? Build up your sentries and dispensers in tactial spots as an Engineer!
    Love racing games? Start running circles around your enemies, stealing their intelligence on the way, as the Scout!

Team Fortress 2 seems to pack so many different gameplay types for the characters into one game, there's a role for everyone!

If you've ever played the originial, you'd know how unbalanced the game would be for, say, Spies and Scouts, hardly getting any kills because of underpowered weapons. The sequel however, balances all the classes evenly! The Scout can get loads of kills, provided he gets close and uses his Scattergun effectively. The Spy now has a cloak and an instant kill backstab.
    The list goes on and on for how more it's been balanced.

But hey, the graphics aren't chopped liver either-a fresh new stylized look, and all the characters are given one thing that most mulitplayer games lack... personality (get the game and find out what I mean) and it's easy tell what type of character someone is from simply their silhouette, voice or weapon.

In short: GET THIS GAME! Along with the 4 other games it comes with in the Orange Box, it's the best gaming deal of the century! 5 Games for the price of Halo 3 minus 10 bucks!
  27. AnonymousMC
    Apr 25, 2008
    Ok, here is a message to all the people who rated this game terribly. A) there is a at least 10:1 ratio concerning good comments: bad comments and B) look at all the professional opinions...all above 80%. There is little wrong with TF2. The graphics are fresh and charming and it has a high replay value. All of those who said it got boring should really set their priorities straight, it isOk, here is a message to all the people who rated this game terribly. A) there is a at least 10:1 ratio concerning good comments: bad comments and B) look at all the professional opinions...all above 80%. There is little wrong with TF2. The graphics are fresh and charming and it has a high replay value. All of those who said it got boring should really set their priorities straight, it is a straight forward round based shooter. And as for all those bugs some people are complaining about, I haven't experienced one bug concerning TF2, maybe you should realise that something is wrong with your PC, not the game...It is a well thought out and thoroughly enjoyable game; one of the best multiplayer experiences in a long time. Expand
  28. AnonymousMC
    Apr 28, 2008
    This game was absolutely the best shooting game I have played on the PC plaform. One quality that makes this game special is that there are several different calsses which are all unique in their own special ways. This is also the only game I have seen that the Sniper class carries rifle. The variety of weapons also gives a nice mix to the game. I really didn't see Soldier'sThis game was absolutely the best shooting game I have played on the PC plaform. One quality that makes this game special is that there are several different calsses which are all unique in their own special ways. This is also the only game I have seen that the Sniper class carries rifle. The variety of weapons also gives a nice mix to the game. I really didn't see Soldier's rocket launcher being used as his primary weapon. This game overall is the best shooting game. The only flaw to this is that for people with low-quality video cards might have a bit of trouble playing this game. I really suggest getting a NVIDIA 256 mg video card. I currently use this card and the game runs smoothly. This is a shooting game that is actually fun to get killed in. I rate this aesome game a full 10. Expand
  29. KyleB
    May 11, 2008
    This game is the most amazing game in the entire whole world. 10/10 graphcis 10/10 gamelpay 10/10 motivation.
  30. ScottW.
    May 19, 2008
    TF2 is the perfect game for anyone. If you like fast paced gameplay or slower paced, this game will fit you gaming style!
  31. MarceloG.
    May 25, 2008
    Best game ever. Creative character, creative maps, very good. Keep like that.
  32. JaredS.
    Jun 16, 2008
    I think all the classes are perfectly balanced.
  33. NicolasN.
    Jun 17, 2008
    That is a good game, the grafic is beautiful and the game play too, nothing to add, just nice game.
  34. JeremyD.
    Jun 17, 2008
    Most in-depth first person shooter I have ever played. I loved TFC and I love TF2 even more.
  35. AndrewC.
    Jun 19, 2008
    Hilarious game a lot of fun a must buy.
  36. RubenC.
    Jun 21, 2008
    I really like it.And now, with the pyro's new weapons it's even better!!!!! Waiting for more updates.
  37. AW
    Jun 21, 2008
    Very kick ass game. Possibly the best game on steam.
  38. RoccoM.
    Jun 23, 2008
    This game has made gaming way better with its graphics and updates. I feel it is the best game of its generation.
  39. NikitaE.
    Jun 24, 2008
    No comments. This is amazing!
  40. MattS.
    Jun 24, 2008
    Best game I have played since Tribes.
  41. MurdocM.
    Jun 25, 2008
    It's fast paced, constantly updating, maps are made to be played numerous times. It's one of the best designed games of its time.
  42. JoshP
    Jul 21, 2008
    Awesome game. I would recommend it to anyone. Easy to get into, great FPS.
  43. JeffreyZ.
    Jul 21, 2008
    I love the game ! teamplay that is needed,caracters and theyre gun design, the game style....as a map designer myself i love to see the perfect finished maps.
  44. ChrisW.
    Jul 23, 2008
    Very fun game. New players can play as simple classes like heavy while experienced players and pros can play as more complicatet classes like demoman and pyro and that's good. You will find comfort in this game even if you just has played it in 2 minutes.
  45. DennisG.
    Jul 29, 2008
    Awesome game. Until Battlefield Heroes will be released, no "comic-style" game was that awesome as TF2 was. Maybe it won't even beat BF:Heroes, let's see.
  46. IanB.
    Aug 15, 2008
    Not just a great shooter, but a great shooter with strategic elements involved. the epitome of what a shooter should be but usually isn't.
  47. CortneyK.
    Aug 24, 2008
    Excellent execution, game modes, and character achievements.
  48. Dragon
    Aug 26, 2008
    Great game to play with friends online. With all the classes theres huge replayability value. The classes are well balanced, skill and teamwork is favored over plain luck in most cased.
  49. DanD.
    Aug 31, 2008
    Nine years, TOTALLY worth the wait!!!!! So what if the game is a normal 2 teams one winner death match, its FUN! With all the stuff you can do between the classes, it gets crazy out there in the battle! Must buy game! Haha!
  50. ColinD.
    Sep 11, 2008
    By far, the best multiplayer experience you'll have ever had. (other than Counter-Strike 1.6) This game, with it's unlockable achievements, Valve-branded maps, user-created maps, and a variety of other fantastic gameplay features easily pushes this game to the top of all the PC gaming charts!
  51. GabrielL.
    Sep 19, 2008
    Fun game. especially when playing with friends. this game allow friends to work together and create better bonds - really a teamwork game.
  52. JoshP.
    Sep 22, 2008
    I considered knocking a point or two off just to seem reasonable but honestly, there really isn't anything bad about this game. It's very well balanced and actually pulls off the whole teamwork required thing. I'm going to give it a full 10, for it's audience, it's perfect.
  53. ChandlerP
    Nov 14, 2009
    Team Foretress 2 is by far one of my favorite First Person Shooters of all time: it forces you to use teamwork which makes the game more challenging, it is purposely easy to apply modifications to (hooray for Valve), and the large array of servers and well made custom maps constantly leaves a new experience every game. The game also contains humor you can discover in game simply by Team Foretress 2 is by far one of my favorite First Person Shooters of all time: it forces you to use teamwork which makes the game more challenging, it is purposely easy to apply modifications to (hooray for Valve), and the large array of servers and well made custom maps constantly leaves a new experience every game. The game also contains humor you can discover in game simply by listening to what the characters say. Although I gave it a 10, it does have some problems, however they're not bad enough to lower the score down from a 10. The game will become boring if you are in a very small server, and the Dead Ringer item for the spy seems to be a very unfair advantage against enemies. All in all, it's a very enjoyable game and I would say that it's one that should be in every good PC gamer's game list. Expand
  54. BrandonL
    Nov 15, 2009
    TF2 is an amazing game, i loved it, got it for Xbox AND pc, just because it's such a good game, i HAD to have multiple systems to play it on. I love this game so much, it's so addicting, because every day you can download a new map and it never gets old when you get to play more and more custom maps and build up your own collection.
  55. EdH
    Nov 21, 2009
    This game is amazing, even when you're being killed its still fun, the only real flaw in it is that it's too easy to get addicted and stay for hours! The nine classes encourage team play which makes it fun to make friends and it's a great social network
  56. DudeEt
    Oct 14, 2009
    By far the greatest online shooter game of its type. It's graphics have a nice feel to them, and the theme is pleasing to the eyes after repetitive playing.. although was is best about it, is the classes. Sure somethings change a touch with updates, and unlockable items, although others have helped the game feel fresh. For example.. the item drop system might be annoying.. but it By far the greatest online shooter game of its type. It's graphics have a nice feel to them, and the theme is pleasing to the eyes after repetitive playing.. although was is best about it, is the classes. Sure somethings change a touch with updates, and unlockable items, although others have helped the game feel fresh. For example.. the item drop system might be annoying.. but it sure has left everyone in suspense on wanting to get a hat.. and therefor continuing to play. Personally i think its a bit of a gimmick.. Anyhow it has quite some potential still, since 3 classes remain to be updated with a few more meet the "" videos to be made, being the medic and the pyro. The community of it is great as well, with a huge variety of maps for selection to differ from the valve maps that one gets to know to well after some time. Some include skill maps, that rely on techniques that most would have not even thought about.. most times though they are just for the fun and impractical for real use. I highly doubt if valve makes a team fortress 3 in the future, that it could live up to this game.. of which if it does, well then it is obvious what will be my favorite game. So come play a few rounds.. choose a class, from the selection of the: explosive rather well balanced class the soldier, the team asset the medic, whom heals everyone and can easily help win a match with an ubercharge.. the spy who's job is to infiltrate and attack the enemy in their weakspot and destroy machines among the way. the scout who uses speed and flanking to his ability, the pyro for everyone that just wants to hold down mouse one..the heavy for everyone who wants a big gun and lots of hp, the engineer for the type whom want to build machines to help out your team, the sniper for all whom like to annoy others by headshoting them and finally, the demoman who is by far the best drunk player character.. i have ever seen in a game, with some great lines.. and the most explosives one can pack into a character... the sticky launcher for planting traps for the enemy and the pipe bomb launcher, for dealing with everything else.. Still by far the soldier is my favorite, nothing beats killing with the rocket launcher, or hitting someone out of the air with the same gun. Expand
  57. willC
    Nov 8, 2009
    Awesome. Much variety in each class, providing hours and hours of fun.
  58. DominicM
    Nov 9, 2009
    Pretty much the best PC multiplayer game ever. I really feel this game should be reviewed again. In the two years since its release, the following has been added: thirty maps, 230 achievements, 18 weapons, and dozens of cosmetic items; along with bug fixes, balance tweaks, and updates... and Valve isn't done yet! They're planning more updates all the time. TF2 is the Pretty much the best PC multiplayer game ever. I really feel this game should be reviewed again. In the two years since its release, the following has been added: thirty maps, 230 achievements, 18 weapons, and dozens of cosmetic items; along with bug fixes, balance tweaks, and updates... and Valve isn't done yet! They're planning more updates all the time. TF2 is the best-supported game in... well, ever. With all the updates and the brilliant support for this game, I feel it's gone from fantastic to basically perfect. Expand
  59. OMGWTFBBQ
    Dec 11, 2009
    It's a great game, Guys, if you want to buy the game buy it! Don't listen to any of the downers! They are just angry trolls who join the first server they can find. Then, they go on here and just RAGE! "Why?" cause people are dicks. Look, the game is great! they are already going to release a new soldier vs. demoman update. The graphics give the player great points of interest It's a great game, Guys, if you want to buy the game buy it! Don't listen to any of the downers! They are just angry trolls who join the first server they can find. Then, they go on here and just RAGE! "Why?" cause people are dicks. Look, the game is great! they are already going to release a new soldier vs. demoman update. The graphics give the player great points of interest in the game, whether it is to create fair hitboxes or tell you where to go and tell which team you are on. It may all look like eyecandy at first but later, it REALLY helps in case you are lost. They helped with teamwork with the Item drop system so that people didn't have to worry about achievements and the community can create achievement servers at peace now that they are practically useless but still fun. They truly listen to their community, the weapons are near perfect they all have GREAT up and a bad down, but that's to keep it even! EXAMPLE spy might be a bit overpowered with the Dead Ringer and Cloak and dagger but the DR has a unique sound to it and the C&D users can only move a very limited time before they have to stand still and are unable to move around leaving them open to pyros BUT pyros are only close range snd sometimes long range with flare gun and so snipers get to kill them, but they are usually always long-range except for huntsman users which have changed the game forever in a good way, which makes them open to quick scouts and mischievous pyros and spies that are VERY vulnerable because they will have to infiltrate the enemy base AND THEN kill their target the heavy can spell terror in the enemies' eyes but he is only good at close range and being ubered from medics who are very vulnerable to enemy fire without unlockable weapons, which makes them more balanced if they are lucky with Item drop, the demoman is extremely powerful but he can only do mid-to long range, close range he risks damaging himself AND most of his kills need to be him being in an open firefight. the scout is an objective whore, he captures control points twice as fast, can double jump even TRIPLE jump with unlockables and immense skill, capture flags better, and run the fastest. THough, they have very low health and are extremely easy to identify. Soldiers; people complain about them and their crit rockets, but you have to be REALLY dumb to get hit by one of their crit rockets cause they are much slower than normal ones. Soldiers also can rocket jump to unreachable places of other classes giving them literally the higher advantage but again, leaves them to open fire THIS is why i love TF2 and play it even after 2 years of its release and soon 3! oh, and the engineer, spies will do anything to take him down and will mostly succeed or not, skill is the key! Expand
  60. JoshuaC
    Dec 11, 2009
    The War Update demonstrated to me how focused Valve is on building games with dynamic communities that foster the gameplay in it's players. It's this intimacy that makes Valve games, a stand alone experience time and time again.
  61. MMills
    Oct 21, 2009
    Amazing game from an amazing company. Each class has a hilarious personality with hundreds of voice clips for different situations. The game comes with a good selection of valve-made and community-made maps not to mention the plethora of fan made mods and maps readily available. Game balance is solid and there's high re playability. Valve is constantly doing bug fixes and has Amazing game from an amazing company. Each class has a hilarious personality with hundreds of voice clips for different situations. The game comes with a good selection of valve-made and community-made maps not to mention the plethora of fan made mods and maps readily available. Game balance is solid and there's high re playability. Valve is constantly doing bug fixes and has released a content patch every few months. My brother and I both have over 500 hours played. Amazing deal for $20. Expand
  62. hnng
    Dec 13, 2009
    Great, appealing visuals. Despite being released in October 2007, Valve still frequently updates the game and fixes any (major) bugs quickly. After being out for more than 2 years, it's amazing that story is still being built around it (tf2.com). I'd recommend the PC version as it receives the most updates and new content.
  63. Droqen
    Dec 16, 2009
    I have never got into a multiplayer FPS as much as I've gotten into this one. TF2 is truly unique; every class has its own playstyle, its own weaknesses and strengths -- and while this makes it a hostile environment to the newbie, once the basics have been learned it's a world of fun. In most FPS games (in my opinion, anyway) tactics are one-sided: You look at what you have (and I have never got into a multiplayer FPS as much as I've gotten into this one. TF2 is truly unique; every class has its own playstyle, its own weaknesses and strengths -- and while this makes it a hostile environment to the newbie, once the basics have been learned it's a world of fun. In most FPS games (in my opinion, anyway) tactics are one-sided: You look at what you have (and possibly what the map is like) and decide "I'm going to snipe people" or "I will stalk around and shoot people". You don't care about the opponent - he's a guy with a gun, and if he sees you, he will want to kill you. In TF2: You see a Pyro, and realize backpedaling + shooting is the best course of action. A Heavy? Get out of his line of sight, and possibly pop in and out while shooting him; he's slow. Spot a Sentry, and you'll either corner it or avoid it - unless you're a Spy, in which case you'll cloak or disguise (most likely) to get a look at the area before deciding to take it down or not. If you're a Pyro, your approach to take it down will be different from a Demoman's. Long story short: The tactics you use in this game vary wildly. One enemy will garner an entirely different reaction from you than other. People ACTUALLY RETREAT. Team involvement is important and not uncommon, because certain classes are more well-suited to given obstacles than others -- at the same time, it is never enforced. A good Pyro can wipe out a Heavy, and a good Demoman can destroy even a Scout who's come too close. Get this game if you enjoy FPS games at all. It is incredibly inexpensive compared to any other game of the sort (except for the free ones), it has amazing personality in addition to the incredible gameplay, and there's more to come. Updates are free and not too infrequent; the community varies from awesome to suck, but the nice thing is it's not too tough to find a server you enjoy. Servers and players are not hard to find - and I guarantee there will be a server to cater to your needs. Expand
  64. ScottW
    Dec 17, 2009
    I see a lot of hate/frustration ratings ("game is good, but..." it gets a 0). I've seen a lot of criticism about lack of teamwork, laggy servers, etc... Issues that one runs into with any fps, or, in fact, any online game. TF2 players, in my experience, tend to be more willing to work together, answer questions, help, etc. And this is from someone who has spent thousands of hours I see a lot of hate/frustration ratings ("game is good, but..." it gets a 0). I've seen a lot of criticism about lack of teamwork, laggy servers, etc... Issues that one runs into with any fps, or, in fact, any online game. TF2 players, in my experience, tend to be more willing to work together, answer questions, help, etc. And this is from someone who has spent thousands of hours over the last 11 years playing online games. The art is unique and fun; the game is simple, which makes it both accessible and straightforward. There's a shard learning curve at first, but after a few hours it gets easier. The secondary learning curve is pretty shallow. Practice makes perfect. As such, one is always getting better, accomplishing something. All it takes is a look at the fact that 95% of the reviews are 9 or 10 to realize that this game really has something going for it. My highest recommendation is to find a good server group; the FUG and saigns.de communities are good. I've seen some big claims like constant noob-bashing, etc., and I've never encountered this. Find a good server group and you're golden. Expand
  65. AndreM
    Dec 17, 2009
    Well, what game in history was so updated like this? I mean, this game has many times the original stuff, and is many times more fun. The only thing I should complain is the behavior Valve took some times against innocent players, but that's not the game's fault.
  66. SpaiotaW
    Dec 17, 2009
    This game deserves nothing less than a 10. Meta Critic please re-evaluate the game and you will find that this is now a totally different game than what you reviewed earlier. You will not be disappointed :)
  67. alexs
    Dec 17, 2009
    my favourite game, I love how the characters have their own personalities and the game play is amazing. And the style is unique and awesome!
  68. K1LL80Y
    Dec 18, 2009
    plays a lot like time splitters 2,but i like TS2,so to me this is an awesome game! You're able to unlock weapons and hats,theres 9 different classes,and a lot of maps! If you like shooters,this is the game for you!
  69. Union-ServersWeaponman
    Dec 21, 2009
    Ah, Valve, They make us big surprises ! And once again, they made one of the best multilayer game ! No long Loading, Great Physics, Great Graphics, and Really good fps ! Play with many classes and play strategics maps, unlock Achievements, unlock weapons, and unlock hats ! with great support and updates, You must buy this game
  70. GarrettM
    Dec 21, 2009
    One of the best FPS out there. If quake is considered the perfection of deathmatch FPS, then TF2 gets the perfection of teamwork FPS. This game really shines in its competitive play of 6v6, and once you reach that level, the game completely changes its point of view.
  71. RazzKK
    Dec 20, 2009
    This is a must-buy for all FPS multiplayer gamers. TF2 has everything, non-repetitive gameplay, good art direction, reasonable physics (and if not, they are funny; rocket jumping ftw :P), funny dialogue and awesome maps. Every class has its strengths and weaknesses, so this means that if your on a killing spree, it can end in one second, but it also means that if there's some This is a must-buy for all FPS multiplayer gamers. TF2 has everything, non-repetitive gameplay, good art direction, reasonable physics (and if not, they are funny; rocket jumping ftw :P), funny dialogue and awesome maps. Every class has its strengths and weaknesses, so this means that if your on a killing spree, it can end in one second, but it also means that if there's some heavy-medic team beating your team's butt, then you can end it one second. This means that the game can turn any time. Expand
  72. AlecksT
    Dec 22, 2009
    This is a really well done game with many hours put into both making and playing, I especially like how Valve continues to add to this wonderful games glory with all the updates!
  73. JasonP
    Dec 27, 2009
    This game has blown my mind. I used to be a fan of CSS, but after playing TF2 I've never gone back. The variety of classes, weapons, maps, and gameplay makes this an experience that never gets old. The Valve staff have still got much in store for this game, so even the most seasoned players have not experienced everything that this game has to offer.
  74. JoeL
    Dec 31, 2009
    TF2 is by far the best class based game on the market. So good in fact that other games have basically ripped off their classes (I'm looking at you Killzone2). The game offers a myriad of maps and styles of play out of the box plus 100s of custom maps by the community. While sometimes teams may be lopsided, so is the world of online FPS. Most classes are useful in public servers TF2 is by far the best class based game on the market. So good in fact that other games have basically ripped off their classes (I'm looking at you Killzone2). The game offers a myriad of maps and styles of play out of the box plus 100s of custom maps by the community. While sometimes teams may be lopsided, so is the world of online FPS. Most classes are useful in public servers while the big 4 (Soldier, scout, demo and medic) are used in more competitive play. Overall if you are a fan of the more arcade style, twitch based FPS TF2 is definitely for you. Expand
  75. GarretM
    Oct 23, 2009
    TF2 is the best most creative game of all time....that is all....to say...
  76. eds
    Jan 28, 2009
    Honestly, Team Fortress 2 is the best game I have ever played, period. All the classes, all the styles of plauing, never get boring. And the teamwork and cooperation required to play this game is just remarkable. More so then any other game. Using different classes, different weapons, and different skills to adapt to the varying maps is great. You can build sentry turrets and teleporters Honestly, Team Fortress 2 is the best game I have ever played, period. All the classes, all the styles of plauing, never get boring. And the teamwork and cooperation required to play this game is just remarkable. More so then any other game. Using different classes, different weapons, and different skills to adapt to the varying maps is great. You can build sentry turrets and teleporters as an engineer, go invisible as a spy, and light some peopel up as a pyro. Plus, all the updates, new maps, and new weapons make you want to keep playing.... get this game, it's great. Expand
  77. LS
    Oct 29, 2009
    Best multiplayer game ever. No questions. Ignore people giving it bad rating because of the new drop system. These people are clearly childish about the fact that there is a new system which randomly gives a player an aesthetic hat. Gives no bonus other than looking cool. This will not affect your love for the game, i can assure you xD
  78. AdrianL
    Oct 29, 2009
    Adding another 10 to the pile. Don't listen to the naysayers, TF2 is an excellent game, much more engaging than your average CS or Halo boomfest, it's also easier to get into than the original TFC. If you're one of the two people left on this planet who hasn't already played this game do yourself a favor and check it out.
  79. TJF
    Mar 27, 2009
    This is a revolutionary game.It shows devolpers that they can make a great game,and not have to make it all serious.Tske the heavy and his "sanvich".Maoi M is just a noob.Its called "TEAM"Fortress 2. Which means you just can't rush in by yourself and expect to get a 10 kill streak.It may seem hard at first,but just practice with maybe one class and get good with it and then try new This is a revolutionary game.It shows devolpers that they can make a great game,and not have to make it all serious.Tske the heavy and his "sanvich".Maoi M is just a noob.Its called "TEAM"Fortress 2. Which means you just can't rush in by yourself and expect to get a 10 kill streak.It may seem hard at first,but just practice with maybe one class and get good with it and then try new classes and balance it out. For example I started off just using the pyro, but now I can use all the classes well. Also the updates where you can unlock new guns is one of my favorite things about tf2. So if you enjoy Team Fortress 2 on the 360 or PS3 I highly recomend getting it for your PC and get Steam. I'd say will also enjoy the first Team Fortress or Counter-Strike or Garry's Mod. Expand
  80. AnonymousMC
    Jun 11, 2009
    i really like the game been playing since the game first came out and still im playing it today... at first when it came it it was so addicting game... i like the teamwork.. i can feel it in my heart that team work is important in this game and you cant live without it.. the game is funny and really hits my humor.. so everyday i come to home, i start the computer, log in to steam and starti really like the game been playing since the game first came out and still im playing it today... at first when it came it it was so addicting game... i like the teamwork.. i can feel it in my heart that team work is important in this game and you cant live without it.. the game is funny and really hits my humor.. so everyday i come to home, i start the computer, log in to steam and start playing team fortress 2 everyday!!! Expand
  81. AlexD
    Jun 14, 2009
    Team fortress is by far the best multiplayer game out there. I have an hp entertainment computer that runs with windows vista and an ATI 3200 Hd graphics card and it runs perfect. I barely ever get a lag and the graphics look absolutely marvelous! The classes all have there strengths and weaknesses which keeps all players from just choosing one class all the time. Gameplay is spectacular Team fortress is by far the best multiplayer game out there. I have an hp entertainment computer that runs with windows vista and an ATI 3200 Hd graphics card and it runs perfect. I barely ever get a lag and the graphics look absolutely marvelous! The classes all have there strengths and weaknesses which keeps all players from just choosing one class all the time. Gameplay is spectacular and very smooth animations. Limited weapons except for when updates come out. Very many achievements to get in the game. 245 to be exact! My final rating on this game would be 9.6/10 (I rounded) but only for the limited weapons. Expand
  82. TimothyT
    Jun 16, 2009
    This game, simply put, is a package of raw fun. With the appealing graphical style, fast paced gameplay, and constant updates being added, it's hard to find a better game for your money.
  83. dreadlock
    Jun 18, 2009
    This game rocks in every aspect, for me, when I had the money to bought it, I didn't think twice, and I don't regret it. This game combines booth defence co-op mod when your in team blue, and attack and rush mod where you just pair up with someone and work togheder to your team manage to get the control points. It also has Capture the Flag mode where you secretly have to enter This game rocks in every aspect, for me, when I had the money to bought it, I didn't think twice, and I don't regret it. This game combines booth defence co-op mod when your in team blue, and attack and rush mod where you just pair up with someone and work togheder to your team manage to get the control points. It also has Capture the Flag mode where you secretly have to enter the enemies base and steal the inteligence and return it to your base. Another excellent thing about the game its the constant updates which brings you a total new experiences from new unlockable weapons to lots of personal achievements (and one of the last updates was to make us find our own unlockable weapons, so it has gotten even better). If you still are undecided just whatch some of the videos from youtube about Team Fortress 2 gameplay and drool yourself until the only thing you want its that game, Period. Expand
  84. Robb
    Jul 13, 2009
    Excellent game, by far the best multiplayer game I have ever owned (and I have owned a lot) it takes a little while to get good with some of the classes (eg, spy) but there is always room for a newbie on the team, every class has a unique playstyle, so everyone from trigger-happy-rambos to calculating strategists have room to play. Nathaniel H's review is a bit inaccurate, there is Excellent game, by far the best multiplayer game I have ever owned (and I have owned a lot) it takes a little while to get good with some of the classes (eg, spy) but there is always room for a newbie on the team, every class has a unique playstyle, so everyone from trigger-happy-rambos to calculating strategists have room to play. Nathaniel H's review is a bit inaccurate, there is an anti-cheat system in place and it works incredibly well (ive met probably 2-3 cheaters ever, and they were on servers whith cheats turned on) demomen mines explode when the demoman right clicks, they are not proxy. I have never encountered snipers headshotting through walls, nor scouts instakiling from 25 feet away. new content is STILL being made for this game, which is amasing, its a great game that is still getting attention from the devs, and will do for a very long time. Expand
  85. AnonymousMC
    Jul 13, 2009
    In my opinion, Team Fortress 2 deserves a clear 10.
    It is the most addictive ego-shooter I have ever played due to its unique style and different gameplay. It is challenging to get to know each character with his strengths and weaknesses. The patches are a good way to keep you playing this awesome game.
  86. FredrikA
    Jul 23, 2009
    With several years in development it would be a shame if Team Fortress 2 didn't live up to the multiplayer greatness of it's predecessor. Team Fortress might be the new counter strike of fps multiplayer games when it comes to potential competitive online gaming, and with good reason. TF2 is a game that puts heavy weight on team work and how team mates play together. This is With several years in development it would be a shame if Team Fortress 2 didn't live up to the multiplayer greatness of it's predecessor. Team Fortress might be the new counter strike of fps multiplayer games when it comes to potential competitive online gaming, and with good reason. TF2 is a game that puts heavy weight on team work and how team mates play together. This is excellent for organized matches and tournament yet might leave the public experience alittle lacking. Altough TF2 is a game that all online gamers should try and own and if you're like me you wouldn't want to miss out on this great game. Expand
  87. AnonymousMC
    Sep 12, 2009
    When I first bought this game, I thought it was going to be identical to the 360 version... I was expecting another humdrum shooter that I would eventually get bored of. But then I was thrown in to a map unlike anything like the 360...
    Explosions everywhere! People fighting, shooting, stabbing, and punching all in one general area! The way they balance the system of fighting amongst classes is amazing! Truly one of the best FPS titles in a long time.
  88. JacobW.
    Sep 27, 2009
    All those who say is stinks, and how there's flaws are wrong! Everyone was over the halo war in a day or two, there never WAS any servers who kicked you based on whether you had the halo or not. He may have thought that because there was a joke on the forums saying so, which was soon proven false. To the person who said there's a bunch of bad maps, wake up! those maps were made All those who say is stinks, and how there's flaws are wrong! Everyone was over the halo war in a day or two, there never WAS any servers who kicked you based on whether you had the halo or not. He may have thought that because there was a joke on the forums saying so, which was soon proven false. To the person who said there's a bunch of bad maps, wake up! those maps were made by players for FUN! Don't like them? Don't play them! Finally, to the person who said that it's almost impossible to learn, you must STINK at this game VERY badly. It might be hard for you to learn because you were running directly into the gun fire wondering what do. You're NEVER supposed to do that in any game. You also said that it's impossible to win with some classes against others. That's incorrect. The only case I can think of that is ALMOST impossible to win is scout vs. Heavy. With the scout having the least health, ok weapons, and speed he's best for capturing points and intel and long range attacking. (maybe sometimes close range with his bat and ball) The heavy is very slow, but has 3 or 4 times the health of the scout, and an awesome gun. In most cases heavy WILL win vs. the scout, but you should immediately learn that is what you AVOID. In all other cases, anyone can win. For example, the spy can backstab people for an immediate kill. However, he has low health as well, so he must be very sneaky or face death. The spy is a very good counter for the heavy, and so is the sniper. However, the spy can take out the sniper if needed. So you see, every class is best for taking out another, with some just for general purposes. Next time, THINK about what you're typing before you do it. Oh, and I'm not a fan boy, I just can't stand some people's stupidity. This game is awesome, don't let others decide for you. Read all the high scores and ignore the low ones. See you in-game! Expand
  89. ChrisM
    Sep 27, 2009
    I Love this game to death...its rare you dont see me playing this. The only reason i give this game a 7 is because of the drop system that ramdomly drops you weapons.Frankly i would give this game a worse rating its just this game sucks you in.Other than the terrible drop system, This game brings Online FPS (First Person Shooter) games to a new level of fun and hllraising. All in all this I Love this game to death...its rare you dont see me playing this. The only reason i give this game a 7 is because of the drop system that ramdomly drops you weapons.Frankly i would give this game a worse rating its just this game sucks you in.Other than the terrible drop system, This game brings Online FPS (First Person Shooter) games to a new level of fun and hllraising. All in all this game is flawless.I only wish valve would see through their own ruse and get rid of the drop system.They are losing many great players. (and money). Expand
  90. JonnyF.
    Nov 13, 2007
    This is a very good game. The classes are well balanced and each of them are very unique and play smoothly. The only problem I have is the lack of Maps... here's hoping for a FREE mappack release soon!
  91. AnonymousMC
    Nov 15, 2007
    TF2 is an amazing game, IMHO the best multiplayer shooter of the time. Even better than older shooters in THEIR time, in fact. It's extremely well-balanced, despite what morons who play the "best" classes will tell you. Any class is capable of getting many kills and topping the team's scores if they know how and where to use them.

I have not played this on XBOX 360 but

I have not played this on XBOX 360 but again, in my opinion, Halo 3 is not anything to brag about and i'm sure the XBOX 360 version of this game beats it, no competition. The PC version certainly does.
  92. AnonymousMC
    Nov 27, 2007
    TF was the best multiplayer game around when it was a mod for Quake in 1996...11 Years later and almost nothing about the game has changed, and yet its still among the best.
  93. SharkF.
    Dec 21, 2007
    This game rocks. One of the most stylish and enjoyable online team based games made in years.
  94. AnonymousMC
    Nov 17, 2008
    I think its a real fun game. Fast action FPS with nice teambased play. All together in a cartoony style. A good thing is the achievements, you want to get them because they unlock new items for your class. Good working and game wich can bring you fun for a long time.
  95. AnonymousMC
    Nov 19, 2008
    Probably the best team coordinated multiplayer game out there. Valve does an excellent job in making the best class system the world has seen. If they notice that one class is played less, or weaker or unbalanced in any way they release weapon upgrades for them first. The best thing about these weapon upgrades is that they are not always better than the original, they all change the wayProbably the best team coordinated multiplayer game out there. Valve does an excellent job in making the best class system the world has seen. If they notice that one class is played less, or weaker or unbalanced in any way they release weapon upgrades for them first. The best thing about these weapon upgrades is that they are not always better than the original, they all change the way the class is played and that keeps the game fresh and even more fun. The game is funny, creative, an all around excellent game. I highly recommend it! Expand
  96. BrianP.
    Nov 26, 2008
    It's fun and has an interesting class-based strategy. However, the game has some serious flaws. The sniper is the only class with any sort of long-range capability at all, and they can insta-kill most classes after charging their shot for 5 seconds. The pyro, a melee-only class, generally can only win a one-on-one combat if they surprise the enemy by hiding. The medic can heal a It's fun and has an interesting class-based strategy. However, the game has some serious flaws. The sniper is the only class with any sort of long-range capability at all, and they can insta-kill most classes after charging their shot for 5 seconds. The pyro, a melee-only class, generally can only win a one-on-one combat if they surprise the enemy by hiding. The medic can heal a teammate faster than most classes could damage said teammate. The list goes on. Expand
  97. AnonymousMC
    Dec 29, 2008
    It is a really good game. And to the people who say it's unbalanced due to the achievements...

The new weapons have 1 downfall to every good thing it has. The Ubersaw swings less rapid, but gives Uber every time you hit. Natasha does less damage, but slows the opponent down. The Backburner does critical hits on the back, but it has no compression blast. Valve is making

The new weapons have 1 downfall to every good thing it has.

The Ubersaw swings less rapid, but gives Uber every time you hit.

Natasha does less damage, but slows the opponent down.

The Backburner does critical hits on the back, but it has no compression blast.

Valve is making it fair to other classes, don't say it's bad for that reason!
  98. BrandonM
    Dec 13, 2009
    Team Fortress 2 is the absolute best multiplayer game. Updates, many servers, modding capabilities, it has it all. And eve a maxed out 32 player mod has been released!
  99. Bill
    Dec 14, 2009
    This game is absolutely spectacular. The class system is %100 balanced, some classes may be easier to play than others (pyro) but they don't overpower the game, which is a refreshing break from horribly misbalanced games. The characters and players are hilarious and fun (just don't get hit by trains on Well... you will be mocked) and for the most part friendly. The quirky This game is absolutely spectacular. The class system is %100 balanced, some classes may be easier to play than others (pyro) but they don't overpower the game, which is a refreshing break from horribly misbalanced games. The characters and players are hilarious and fun (just don't get hit by trains on Well... you will be mocked) and for the most part friendly. The quirky moments like the Heavy yelling "URAAAAAA!" or Scouts being sniped in midair are really what make this game hilarious and fun. Expand
  100. JordanL
    Dec 15, 2009
    Just perfect. An incredible gameplay , with extremly fun graphism. I play in League and FFA as well its obviously one of the best fps of all time.
  101. May 4, 2012
    I really enjoy this game. But what gets under my skin is the community. What they lack fro common sense they blame Valve and what I mean by common sense is NOT BUYING STUFF FROM THE STORE OR DELETING ITEMS THAT THEY DON'T WANT!. Apparently the community has forgotten that there is a delete feature in this game along with the crafting feature. I got an email from Jeff Bennet who said thatI really enjoy this game. But what gets under my skin is the community. What they lack fro common sense they blame Valve and what I mean by common sense is NOT BUYING STUFF FROM THE STORE OR DELETING ITEMS THAT THEY DON'T WANT!. Apparently the community has forgotten that there is a delete feature in this game along with the crafting feature. I got an email from Jeff Bennet who said that the stamps you buy go towards the creators of the maps and the ring from Valentine's day went towards someone's actual proposal. Valve does NOT take the profits! They go towards the community! So if you think Valve is greedy then think again! They care very much for their costumers, but it's sad that the community can't return the favor. Collapse

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.