9.2

1. May 27, 2015
    This game is addicting and fun.It's now been 8 years and it still hold up well.The game is my favorite and having fun the first time I played this. TF2 is a great gameto play!
  2. May 26, 2015
    One of the best games I have ever played. Now that it's older, I keep coming back to it between other games and it still draws me in. Easy to pick up, hard to master. An FPS with a unique character.
  3. May 23, 2015
    So complex, it is unlike anything I ever played the gameplay is always fun 9 classes a ton of subclasses and a whole load of ways to play each class,that what makes me spend more than 1000 hours and still a newbie compared to others that spent 300,2500 or 10,000 hours of gameplay
  4. May 4, 2015
    Team Fortress is a pleasant FPS game. Indeed, I hate usual FPS games because the best players always win, and as a beginner, I don't enjoy these type of game. But Team Fortress is different. Indeed, there are different type of gameplays depending of the character you choose. For example, if you don't like to aim, you can burn the enemies with the Pyro, or if you want to heal people but youTeam Fortress is a pleasant FPS game. Indeed, I hate usual FPS games because the best players always win, and as a beginner, I don't enjoy these type of game. But Team Fortress is different. Indeed, there are different type of gameplays depending of the character you choose. For example, if you don't like to aim, you can burn the enemies with the Pyro, or if you want to heal people but you are not too good to kill the enemies, you can pick the Medic. There are always solutions for beginners. Moreover, the game by itself is funny : the dialogue, the graphics, the taunts, the way people die. AND IT'S FREE ! Expand
  5. Apr 26, 2015
    TF2 used to be something special, something that made it stand out from other games, however as timed passed Valve now ruined this game and made it a monstrous cash cow, not only that, but they keep doing stupid sh*t and ignore the stuff that needs addressing.

Firstly is F2P, sure it boosted the game's life span, but all it really did was add a huge amount of idiotic, immature and awful players into the game that poisoned the community, the community used to be friendly, they helped new players, we would laugh and smile while we enjoy TF2, now it's just "OMFG F2P NOOB!" "UR SH*T AND SO IS UR WHOEL FAMILY" and more terrible quotes that should stay in COD, players act aggressively for no reason and the amount of hackers has sky rocketed, thanks Valve, thanks for destroying a unique community with your sh*tty business model.

Secondly is how lazy the devs are now, TF2 got a lot of updates in 2011, in 2012 that dropped a bit, in 2013 and 2014 we get next to nothing except a million hats that nobody wanted and some underpowered/useless weapons, not only that but ALL UPDATES are nothing but cash cows, End of The Line was sliced and diced to death and only featuring hats, miscs AND A PAY 2 PLAY EVENT while we were promised new weapons, a new gamemode and map. The map was cut because "It's too confusing for new players" which is absolute bullsh*t because Valve has maps in the game which ARE EVEN HARDER THEN THE CUT MAP! You can still play the map on community servers, but it's still stupid that it isn't in the game, but yet harder maps are.
    If you thought End of The Line was bad, the Robotic Boogaloo is worse, 54 "New" hats! Oh sorry I meant 54 RESKINS of hats! While some are creative, most are just carbon copies of the original hats.

Thirdly is the Source engine, it's an awful engine that needs TO DIE, hitboxes are terrible and the glitches make Ride To Hell look stable and well polished, crashes everywhere and game changing bugs like getting into spawns and more. As for the hitboxes, you can headshot someone BLOOD COMES FLYING OUT, and nothing.... while they shoot your toe and you instantly die....

Fourth is balance, the balance is everywhere in this game, let me tell you what I mean...

Scout is alright, however he does have some gimmicky bullsh*t weapons like the Sandman and Flying Guillotine combo, he also has some useless weapons like the Sun on a stick and Back Scatter.

Soldier is too good, a powerful and reliable arsenal of weapons makes him a top pick for tryhards, and all you see is them getting 50 points at the end of the match while 2nd place has like 20, Soldier is balanced, but when a pro uses him, there's no downsides.

F*CK PYRO, Degreaser is absolutely broken and is a straight upgrade to all of the flamethrowers, plus VALVE KEEP IGNORING THIS WEAPON AND NERF EVERYTHING ELSE! I love how Pyro can be a crit wh*re but Heavy can't drop sandvichs to heal himself and Engineer not having the Pomson penetrate targets, so those are OP while Pyro kills 8 of the 9 classes without any skill/thought? 11/10

Demoman used to be overpowered, but recently he's been reworked and I like it, he's still strong as hell though but better then he used to be.

Heavy is balanced in my eyes, too bad everyone wants to nerf his Minigun while Pyro gets away again.

Engineer is annoying, but not overpowered.

Same goes for Medic.

Sniper suffers from the same issues I have with nearly ALL sniper classes, "If you can aim, there's no downside or counter!" seriously, try and fight a sniper who can aim GOOD LUCK! There needs to be a longer delay when you can headshot people and not do BS quick scopes.

Spy is annoying, but the only issue is the Ambassador, it suffers from the same issue with the Sniper, but I think it needs a rework since it's a straight upgrade to all the Revolvers.

Plus Valve are slow as sh*t to nerf weapons, it took 3 years for them to fix the Mini Sentry from healing itself when being built, AND 6 YEARS TO OVERNERF THE AXTINGUISHER!

There are a truck load of more complaints, however there is one thing I like about this game and it's the characters.

All of them are well developed, fun and very memorable and they are easily the best part of the game, I love watching SFM videos of them, I love reading the comics, I love GMOD videos on them, honestly I love everything about them, too bad the game their in is ruined.
  6. Apr 24, 2015
    When I first played tf2 I was like meh just a normal f2p fps game. so I came back about a year ago and got into the trade industry and I was like wow I love this! And now i'm addicted to it
  7. Apr 22, 2015
    Greatest fun I've ever had on any multiplayer shooter! Loads of variety and laughs to keep you coming back for more! *Valve's storm of action and laughter fires all 10 bullets!*
  8. Apr 14, 2015
    This game used to be good. From it's launch till 2011 it was good. But then Valve decided to mess the whole thing up. It went from a fantastic fun online shooter, to a worthless, incohesive cluster of junk. Now instead of a fun online shooter, it is just another pathetic 'Free to Play' cashgrab that revolves around virtual items that cost real money. Speaking of the virtual items, theThis game used to be good. From it's launch till 2011 it was good. But then Valve decided to mess the whole thing up. It went from a fantastic fun online shooter, to a worthless, incohesive cluster of junk. Now instead of a fun online shooter, it is just another pathetic 'Free to Play' cashgrab that revolves around virtual items that cost real money. Speaking of the virtual items, the balancing on most of the weapons is off, and all of the costumes look ridiculous/don't go with the games initial theme at ALL. The game used to have a fantastic & unique cartoony style, but that is now overshadowed with absurd cosmetics/items. They seriously added a My Little Pony hat! Come on, who thought that would be a good idea? I can't remember the last time they released a half decent update. Actually, nevermind that. I do remember. It was the Engineer Update...BACK IN 2010! And to top it all off, the game has gotten stupidly buggy. I remember when it was almost polished to perfection, barely any bugs at all.
    This used to be one of my favorite games of all time. But now whenever I see it, I cringe. This game has become cringe worthy.
    Team Fortress 2 has lost ALL of its soul. This isn't TF2. TF2 doesn't exist anymore. It was replaced by...whatever THIS garbage is.

Also Meet the Pyro was awful. One of the most interesting classes in the game and they didn't even make a decent video for him.
  9. Apr 13, 2015
    OMGGGGGGGGGGGG best game I've ever played in steam and amazing all and **** the characters weapons, generally fantastic maps and good to play with my friends and other people
  10. Apr 10, 2015
    Its so awesome that it is too much for me to describe!! :D yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  11. Mar 30, 2015
    This game is the best free game i have ever played.This game's online matches are great.And the visual graphics of this game is promising.This game can provide hour's of fun.
  12. Mar 26, 2015
    The most fun I have ever had in a online game! No matter what game that I decide to buy on Steam or retail I consistently have to keep asking myself the question "Will I play this more than TF2?" and from playing the game for well over 2.5k hours I can say beyond the shadow of a doubt that TF2 is one of my favorite games to date.

Okay enough praise for the game and time for a bit of

Okay enough praise for the game and time for a bit of history, with the original Team Fortress being launched as a mod for another classic fps game Quake which was released in the year of 1996 and it took a new turn on the fps genre. With the game predominately focusing on team work rather than a "one many army" tactic it had provided enough balance in a game that allowed for moderately skilled teams to effectively counter or defeat another team which focused on 1 or 2 highly skilled players.

Fast forward to Oct 9th of 2007 and you have the release of Team Fortress 2 a stunning edition to the games series and which provided a better display of what the source engine was capable of. Team Fortress 2 featured a selection of nine different classes with different styles of play. Keeping to the traditional Quake death match styled game play teams would be pitted against one another over capture points, capture the flag scenarios, and attack defend scenarios which would focus on either control points or payload matches which focused on one team pushing a giant bomb to the enemy teams base.
    With the games high octane take on team structure and intense death match game play the competitive scene and popularity of TF2 rose quickly through the ranks.

Seven years later and TF2 is still holding the rank of 3rd most popular game on steam to date right behind Counter-Strike Global Offensive and Dota 2, this is unheard of in any competitive game or fps to date. TF2 is still being updated with new modes, maps, weapons and overall content as well as trailers or promo's for the games advertising and reveling new character stories and events made by Valve themselves as well as the addition of the Steam Workshop which gives a ton of creative aspects to TF2 from both a players stand point and anyone who's looking to get into modding and doing creative things for games in general.

Con's: No game is perfect in either story or gameplay and TF2 is no exception, with the games random crit rate being one of these issues. Players can randomly do 3k damage in a sudden burst often to the dismay of would be attack and much delight of the would be victim/survivor. With the addition of the Kritzkreig medics and build Krtiz and choose which player to give the Kritz too providing for a few moments of 100% crit damage, this allows the game to be more balanced by working for the critical damage instead of randomly being rewarded for it.

Another issue would be ironically certain objects within the games maps specifically the corners of objects, Some of the games object corners can completely stop momentum and completely immobilize a player trying to make an escape.

Aside from these issues nothing really breaks the game and even with these issues the game is still 100% enjoyable and well worth any amount of time spent playing, with a friendly community of both new and highly skilled players the games over all experience is well worth any avid or new gamer's time!
  13. Mar 24, 2015
    Best game I have ever played, but I can say that they release too many updates and I'd not be angry about them, if they won't put in so much hats and taunts. That are making gamers (P2Ps) buy more hats and expensive things. So they could laugh at other gamers (F2Ps), I can say that I was an F2P for very much time, then in like a month ago i became a P2P. I"m not like some of those, I don'tBest game I have ever played, but I can say that they release too many updates and I'd not be angry about them, if they won't put in so much hats and taunts. That are making gamers (P2Ps) buy more hats and expensive things. So they could laugh at other gamers (F2Ps), I can say that I was an F2P for very much time, then in like a month ago i became a P2P. I"m not like some of those, I don't laugh and make fun of F2Ps. So take that for advise, don't do this what you don't want do be done to you. Expand
  14. Mar 15, 2015
    Team Fortress 2 or TF2 a game developed by my most favorite company Valve Corporation, is a sequel to the highly popular Team Fortress. The game is massively fun to play especially with your friends and even alone, this game is surely one of the best comedic multiplayer games of all time! Play as the Heavy, Spy, Medic, Scout, Denoman, Soldier, Engineer, Sniper and the mysterious one of theTeam Fortress 2 or TF2 a game developed by my most favorite company Valve Corporation, is a sequel to the highly popular Team Fortress. The game is massively fun to play especially with your friends and even alone, this game is surely one of the best comedic multiplayer games of all time! Play as the Heavy, Spy, Medic, Scout, Denoman, Soldier, Engineer, Sniper and the mysterious one of the bunch the Pyro as you blast your way through fun multiplayer maps. And although I do not agree to In-App Purchases and DLC, this game does offer In-App Purchases, the prices are fair! Expand
  15. Mar 8, 2015
    I just started this game in September 2014 and I loved this game to the fullest to it's unique and laughable artwork.More likely because updates and the fps is so unique from the others because HATS AND DON'T BOTHER TO TAKE ANYTHING SERIOUSLY . You have made me addicted and I wish you can continue :).
    Also please continue making us laugh
  16. Mar 6, 2015
    Tell me, what other FPS game can you whack people with a golden frying pan while wearing a burning hat, turn them into gold, then fly out of the world with a boy with baseball bat wearing a cleaver on his head, then see him turn into ice by a man with a ice stick wearing a horn with thunder on it?
    If you can find 1, I quit tf2, if its Free to play like tf2.
    Well, there are no best
    If you can find 1, I quit tf2, if its Free to play like tf2.

Well, there are no best things in tf2, making it balanced, some might be good with one, while others prefer other weapons. With a bunch of cosmetics and hats, tf2 is perfect for any age, from a tryhard 10 years old to a adult who spent 100 dollars on a hat.
  17. Mar 6, 2015
    Team Fortress 2 is amazing FPS Game. Which does not have end. You have still new updates! New weapons. Amazing Game-play. Nine Classes. Team Fortress 2 is one of the best FPS Free to play Games, I ever seen. If i need to go out and play with others, NO! I must play this game. This will ruin your day. It is addictive game. But, i must say also this when im reviewing this game. It has gotTeam Fortress 2 is amazing FPS Game. Which does not have end. You have still new updates! New weapons. Amazing Game-play. Nine Classes. Team Fortress 2 is one of the best FPS Free to play Games, I ever seen. If i need to go out and play with others, NO! I must play this game. This will ruin your day. It is addictive game. But, i must say also this when im reviewing this game. It has got so many new players, and...They are destroying this game. You will start to get bored, after playing with them. Because they don't aim to head and similarly... But, there are PRO players too. I know players they can kill you in 1 second. They are rich. And have got many expensive items. But, you can get it too by trading. I have played about 1 000 hours; What is: (41,6 of day). What is not much. I personally ''love'' Pyro and Spy.

So:

-Fun
    -Addictive
    -You Can play it With friends
    -If you get into, you will be one of the best

-Free To Play Players
    -None
  18. Mar 1, 2015
    This is a game with strong addiction. This is a true game which will blow your mind away.
    Team Fortress 2 is a very fun game that any game player would like. The most important thing: this game is FREE.
    The game is very cool and enjoyable. However, there are any experienced players which overpower the less experienced players and do not give beginners a chance to improve and develop.
    The unique thing about this game is that: in most games, repetition bores a person. However, this is one rare game in which repetition makes the player more hooked. Hard to explain; you try it out and you will find out.
  19. Feb 23, 2015
    Really, Good Its really Amazing how they balance there weapons and unbalance the map still really fun and meeting silly people in this game is clearly amazing also they make genuine stuff from other games really good i bet the next genuine weapon would be a good one!
  20. Feb 21, 2015
    This game is just another complete rip-off of angry birds. The game itself is exactly the same except the graphics quality is much lower and the gameplay is significantly less user friendly.
  21. Feb 18, 2015
    There has never been a better chaotic, class-based multiplayer shooter. Stylish, funny, and well-balanced, this game has continued to evolve for 8 years now and remains a great experience. The biggest problem I have with the game is that it doesn't have strict rules for player behavior or a great overall community. It takes a bit of effort to find servers where rules worth having areThere has never been a better chaotic, class-based multiplayer shooter. Stylish, funny, and well-balanced, this game has continued to evolve for 8 years now and remains a great experience. The biggest problem I have with the game is that it doesn't have strict rules for player behavior or a great overall community. It takes a bit of effort to find servers where rules worth having are enforced, and then it becomes a challenge to find times when those servers are populated. Expand
  22. Feb 16, 2015
    Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money. Keys. Money.
  23. Feb 15, 2015
    To be honest, I love this game. it's fast paced, and it has a nice design style to the time period it's referring to in game (which is around the 1970s). The only thing wrong with it, however, is the people in the game. There are sooooooooo many n00bs. Other than that, it's my favorite game of all time.
  24. Feb 9, 2015
    I'm a new player to this game and i have to say that i'm really sad that i decided to play it so many years after it's release . It's a blast to play and the fact that there are all these classes to choose from makes the game even cooler . Just imagine all those combinations of classes that you can make to annihilate your opponents . And in case you get bored of it there are also a bunchI'm a new player to this game and i have to say that i'm really sad that i decided to play it so many years after it's release . It's a blast to play and the fact that there are all these classes to choose from makes the game even cooler . Just imagine all those combinations of classes that you can make to annihilate your opponents . And in case you get bored of it there are also a bunch of maps for you to play on . Now i have noticed some microtransactions but nothing that gives players an unfair advantage . I would definitely recommend this game Expand
  25. Feb 1, 2015
    If you don't enjoy this gem there's something awfully wrong with you. This co-op multiplayer game is one of the best multiplayer experiences you can have at this time. Now they went ahead to triple their potential consumers from the in-game store and made it completely free. That's right, the only argument someone could use against this game would be hating fun, especially that kind ofIf you don't enjoy this gem there's something awfully wrong with you. This co-op multiplayer game is one of the best multiplayer experiences you can have at this time. Now they went ahead to triple their potential consumers from the in-game store and made it completely free. That's right, the only argument someone could use against this game would be hating fun, especially that kind of fast-paced fun that's also free of charge, You have to be a cretin.

9 classes to choose from, each has its own set of abilities, each excels at determined situations, working together to reach an objective. Most co-op games aren't too good because humans can not cooperate with other human beings—myself included—but this works. It's not 100% but there are interesting communities out there that enjoy playing a good balanced game. While others are server equivalents of wet, putrid-smelling feces. Choose well.
  26. Jan 15, 2015
    A very nice game for the people who likes FPS, Its cartoonish (not to realistic) and the best part is its F2P, Its not P2W (Pay 2 Win) It has multiplayer and practice mode. The characters are balanced and also weapons
    It has a big community.
  27. Jan 11, 2015
    One of the best game ever. If you could only see my steam profile you will see I have 850 hours of play time with this game. That coming from a person having a library of 200 games plus. Sometimes I think its team fortress's fault why I can't play any of my other games. Its that good!
  28. Jan 4, 2015
    Very fun but... there are some game modes that confuse me a lot and its hard for me to understand the objective. Other than that the game is very fun and a nice first turn on 2008 PC gaming.
  29. Dec 19, 2014
    Obviously one of the best first person shooters ever. There are 9 classes, and all of them are super fun and easy to use. after you've been playing for a little while, you will get REALLY into it.
  30. Dec 10, 2014
    There is a good part of the fan community which is mostly mature and you have the people who try to compare this to CoD. This is made by Valve, not by franchise milkers!
    Gameplay is pretty good, every character is recognizeable and you'll really enjoy yourself playing this because its free...
  31. Dec 6, 2014
    This game is so close to perfection. The classes are balanced so if you die, you are probably just bad at the game. The only thing I don't like are the overpowered weapons like the sticky jumper. And it's free on steam so why not?
  32. Dec 6, 2014
    Graphics are creative and funny, Controls are ultra-smooth and the game-play is FUN. FUN being the important word here. The game may look simple at first glance, but is a very complex shooter. Pretty much still a perfect game after all these years.
  33. Nov 17, 2014
    An excellent game, one of my favorite online games of all time. It's entirely free, except for hats and weapons, BUT! You can get all those weapons by just PLAYING THE GAME! That's what I did, and even now that I have all the weapons, I can still have fun playing. Also, there's updates every few months that fix balance issues, and add a lot of items (mainly hats). Plus, you can make itemsAn excellent game, one of my favorite online games of all time. It's entirely free, except for hats and weapons, BUT! You can get all those weapons by just PLAYING THE GAME! That's what I did, and even now that I have all the weapons, I can still have fun playing. Also, there's updates every few months that fix balance issues, and add a lot of items (mainly hats). Plus, you can make items in the Steam Workshop that can possibly be ADDED TO THE GAME! Incredible, right? Lastly, trading in this game is an immense economy full of rises and drops. Once you get into this trading community, you can make serious profit, and eventually, you can MAKE. MONEY. That's right, you can BUY other Steam games by PLAYING A FREE ONE! Is that not AMAZING? If you aren't downloading this game right this second, I pity what you're missing out on.

Over 2000 hours and still going strong.
  34. Nov 5, 2014
    As of right now, I have 1,207 hours in game, 6 pages of items, and no regrets.

As of right now, I have 1,207 hours in game, 6 pages of items, and no regrets.

Team Fortress 2, if you didn't know, is a multiplayer game that pits two teams, red and blu, against each other in a bloody power struggle for land. Team Fortress 2 really doesn't explain most of it's plot in game, but rather in an ongoing series of comics and videos that never cease to impress me. Gameplay wise, Tf2 is the base class based shooter on the market, period.

There is a **** of personality to this game, from the voice lines, to the hats, and even to the way the charactermodels are shaped, each class has a distinct personality and look. Whenever I get a domination, I find myself laughing my ass off at the hilarious domination lines.

As for it going FTP, I really don't see an issue to it. I started playing at around september last year, and reall never stopped, after 12k+ hours I have no problem shelling money into this game after every new update, bringing awesome new cosmetics, and sometimes new weapons into them game. This is hands down the most time I've ever spent in-game.

The multitude of maps, playstyles, weapons, and events keep me coming back daily. The gameplay has a stunning amount of balance, but be warned the game is very RNG heavy. However, I don't find random crits or weapon spread a hindrance, for me at least, it enhances gameplay and keeps me on my toes.

Overall, if you have a PC that can run this (most can), and you like fps's, there really isn't any reason to not have this downloaded, give this one a shot.

Now if you'll excuse me, there is a Haunted Halloween gift with my name on it. Happy Slaughtering
  35. Nov 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have played this game for a long time. This is definitely my favorite game. You can play as 9 different classes which means you have 9 different styles of playing. This game has great (and hilarious) weapons, cartoony fun graphics, and tons of hats. This game has its own currency and can build up with hats with different values and types. The weapons also have types. There is a very good reason that this is almost always at the #1 Rated F2P Steam game on most lists. I think it is so good that it should be P2P, actually. But because it is free, definitely try it out and you will get hooked. No doubt this is a great game. You can compare the number of postive CRITIC reviews with negative or even users' reviews positive to negative votes. Expand
  36. Nov 2, 2014
    this game is epic lots of customisnation great characters the best character is the demoman or the scout or the engineer the gameplay is blanced unlike cod 4 were everything is broken tf2 is hands down the best game on pc and first person shooter even better than halo reach
  37. Oct 29, 2014
    Team Fortress 2 is not your ordinary recycled FPS. The game itself is a beautiful blend of wackiness and seriousness, with its ridiculous hats, weapons and art style merged with the core elements of a good first person shooter. With all the wacky elements aside the gameplay is very well thought out with it's classes and weapons balanced for a pleasent experience. Tf2 is a wonderful gameTeam Fortress 2 is not your ordinary recycled FPS. The game itself is a beautiful blend of wackiness and seriousness, with its ridiculous hats, weapons and art style merged with the core elements of a good first person shooter. With all the wacky elements aside the gameplay is very well thought out with it's classes and weapons balanced for a pleasent experience. Tf2 is a wonderful game that has lasted since 2007 and is still going strong with around 60,000-90,000 people playing everyday. Expand
  38. Oct 28, 2014
    Undoubtedly one of the best PC shooters out there (and definitely the best when it comes to multiplayer shooters). It's a game that has visual design polished to a mirror shine, with nine unique classes, all with their own personality quotes, that are all easily accessible while providing a roll for everyone. It's also got a nice late-20th century retro-cartoony art style that allows forUndoubtedly one of the best PC shooters out there (and definitely the best when it comes to multiplayer shooters). It's a game that has visual design polished to a mirror shine, with nine unique classes, all with their own personality quotes, that are all easily accessible while providing a roll for everyone. It's also got a nice late-20th century retro-cartoony art style that allows for various creative enviroments and weapons. However, the fanbase is atrocious, with special mention going to the "Mann vs Machine" game-mode. Expand
  39. Oct 28, 2014
    gr8 m8 no d-b8 i r8 it an 8 i h8 2 b in an ir8 st8 but its my f8
    hey m8 i apreci8 that u r8 it gr8 u wanna d8 and mayb masturb8 i can ask n8 and we can meet at the g8 dont b l8
    gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it an 8/8 plz don't h8 gr8 b8 m8 cant even h8 so I r8 8 outta 8 Gr8 b8 m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8., I'm str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can't w8. We should
    gr8 m8 no d-b8 i r8 it an 8 i h8 2 b in an ir8 st8 but its my f8
    gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it an 8/8 plz don't h8
    gr8 b8 m8 cant even h8 so I r8 8 outta 8
    Gr8 b8 m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8., I'm str8 ir8. Cre8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8
  40. TSW
    Oct 27, 2014
    if this review was based only on addiction then I'd give it an 11/10 because 173 hours that's how much time I've wasted. the pyro and the spy are great to play as. Finally just get this game!
  41. Oct 19, 2014
    This game is great. It has dedicated servers, great gameplay mechanics, great maps & okay-ish community (not that the community takes away from the game). most F2P games are either pay-to-win or obscure, TF2 isn't either of them. The weapons you unlock are never "upgrades" from the original, they are just side upgrades from the original weapons. The only thing you can really buy withoutThis game is great. It has dedicated servers, great gameplay mechanics, great maps & okay-ish community (not that the community takes away from the game). most F2P games are either pay-to-win or obscure, TF2 isn't either of them. The weapons you unlock are never "upgrades" from the original, they are just side upgrades from the original weapons. The only thing you can really buy without unlocking is hats, and, while appreciated among most of the community, are not actually affecting gameplay.

The game works like this, there are nine classes: The Scout, The Soldier, The Pyro, The Demoman, The Heavy (The most iconic of them all), The Engineer, The Sniper, The Medic & The Spy. There are two teams, Red & Blu, each team supporting 12 players. The goal is to complete goals that are different in each game mode. Each of the classes have different traits that make them different to each other, therefore creating strategies.

The game hasn't gotten old for me yet, and I'm in about 255 hours on steam. As a F2P game that only needs 12 GB. and 3 hours download time (yours may very), it is definitely worth downloading and playing.
  42. Oct 9, 2014
    This game is my personal favorite game ever.Its not perfect, but IT'S FREE!!!!!
    Now,I never played the first game, so I won't compare it to that.The game(if you play for a while) is much more balanced.At least one class can kill an another easily,and a different class can kill that class easily.
    There is 9 different classes in the game: scout:fast ,objective captureing speed.least
    This game is my personal favorite game ever.Its not perfect, but IT'S FREE!!!!!
    There is 9 different classes in the game:

scout:fast ,objective captureing speed.least health.
    soldier:slow,has a rocket launcher that can let you rocket jump,lots of health.
    pyro: medium speed,has a flamethrower,fire proof,mediam health.
    demoman: slow,has granade and sticky granade launcher,has good health.
    heavy: slowest,has a minigun,has the most health.
    engineer:medium speed,can build sentry guns and teliporters,least health.
    medic:medium speed,has a medi gun that heals teammates, medium health.
    sniper,medium speed,has a sniper, least health.
    spy:medium speed, can disguise as other team,turns invisible,insta kill knife,least health.

all classes have different unlockable weapons and hats,but new players don't have any,so they will be stomped to death...so,yeah.it is tough for new players,but still fun.

The game is very cartoony,which is great.Call of Duty takes itself too seriously.this game is so funny.demos drunken insults, heavy eating his sandwich in an intence fire fight,and the snipers pee jar that he throws at people.
    the game also has tons of lore,but not in the game.there are many comics on www.teamfortress.com.
    there is also videos about the game.meat the (class) and expiration date are videos you can find on youtube.

team fortress 2 is a great game,but there is no reason to make tf3 (which will never happen,because 3)

anyway,the game is good,valve is amazing,half life 3 confirmed...have a nice day.
  43. Oct 8, 2014
    Best FPS game i have played, after 200+ hours. It seemingly i want to play this till i die
    this game will chew your social life and spit it like it was nothing.
  44. Oct 3, 2014

And

Stole my love

_______________________________
  45. Sep 27, 2014
    I have been playing this beauty for 6 years.It is still the best.(most fun online FPS)The action is endless always something is going explode or bleed.Animations and voices are great.Characters are memorable.The game is unique.If you are thinking to play tf2 stop thinking play it....
  46. Sep 19, 2014
    Simply put, Team Fortress 2 was, and still is, one of the best multiplayer games of all time. Nearly perfect balance and an impressive level of commitment from Valve to their fans throughout the years have kept this shooter fresh while the competition has faded away, one by one. Oh, and did I mention that it's free-to-play?
  47. Sep 16, 2014
    I give TF2 a 8/10, TF2 is an amazing game with over 5 game modes (including MVM) the reason why I scored it a bit low is because the MICRO TRANSACTIONS aren't so 'Micro' some items COST OVER $50, for an in-game item, the game is great but for Valve to take advantage of the micro transactions to make HUGE amounts of money isn't ok with me... Evan I am guilty of spending over $100 on TF2 items.
  48. Sep 10, 2014
    For a free game is good. The weapons are good and the maps are also good. . The characters are equal and the modes great. The reason that TF2 stands out is cause it s so fun (especially hacked) that you can play it nonstop for hours.
  49. Sep 9, 2014
    There's nothing I can say about this game that hasn't already been said, but I will say this: Team Fortress 2 is the best FPS multiplayer game ever developed. The game never gets dull. There will be points where you'll get tired of playing, but every time you load it back up you'll find yourself once again addicted.
  50. Sep 6, 2014
    After this many years, it still holds up as one of the "most fun you can have online." Given that it's free, I don't think you've got anything to lose. 10/10
  51. Sep 3, 2014
    I spend more time on this game then with my family, friends, and my shower, combined.... It is seriously the best free to play game ever. Its 9 unique FPS game is downright awesome, its fun, and you will spend HOURS on this game so you can trade some keys so you can find that Unusual hat that you hope is in your crate!
  52. Sep 3, 2014
    One of my favorite games. Compared to a lot of FPS games, this has to be one of the most unique ones in my opinion. Really great gameplay with class balance, maps, and customization. It's not really a serious game either, which makes the game very funny and entertaining, though there is also a competitive side for this game. Even if the community is going down, I guarantee that you willOne of my favorite games. Compared to a lot of FPS games, this has to be one of the most unique ones in my opinion. Really great gameplay with class balance, maps, and customization. It's not really a serious game either, which makes the game very funny and entertaining, though there is also a competitive side for this game. Even if the community is going down, I guarantee that you will have fun time while playing! Expand
  53. Sep 1, 2014
    It's a pretty good game, but one thing RUINS it. It is absolutely horrible for people that aren't very good at it. It is full of very experienced people which ruin the game for less experienced people. For the people that are awesome at it - it's insanely fun, and for the average people it is an absolute nightmare and that is enough for me to remove 6 points. 4.
  54. Aug 29, 2014
    TF2 is a cool game, like anything you want from first person shooters in cool little "HUGE" game now the tf2 is mod for HL2 before it was mod for Quake 1
  55. Aug 26, 2014
    It can not be put more simply: Team Fortress 2 is a masterpiece. It's balanced, pretty, exciting, distinct, and rife with personality. While some criticize the game for abandoning realism to a degree with graphics and gameplay, the game would be at a loss without it's distinct art style reminiscent of 1960's magazine advertisements and propaganda posters, even more so without rocketIt can not be put more simply: Team Fortress 2 is a masterpiece. It's balanced, pretty, exciting, distinct, and rife with personality. While some criticize the game for abandoning realism to a degree with graphics and gameplay, the game would be at a loss without it's distinct art style reminiscent of 1960's magazine advertisements and propaganda posters, even more so without rocket jumping or sentries. If we wanted realistic shooters, we'd play ARMA III, but we came here to have fun, which there is no shortage of.

Nine distinct classes throughout two distinct modes with dozens of variants on hundreds of maps with hundreds of weapons with millions of players. There will certainly be plenty for everyone here, and that's not even beginning to mention the ingame economy or goofy lore maintained by Valve themselves.
  56. Aug 23, 2014
    Cool game that despite showing it's age is still fun to play and has very original and unique characters and several character classes and game modes.
  57. Aug 20, 2014
    Ladies and gentlemen, here is a really strong contender (and provably the winner) of the best free-to play of all time awards!!!!!! Now the reason I liked and promoted the game so much, is because that it came to me at a time where I thought "Is there even a single free-to play game on the market that you can play for more than an hour and not get bored?" Here is the answer folks, TF2,Ladies and gentlemen, here is a really strong contender (and provably the winner) of the best free-to play of all time awards!!!!!! Now the reason I liked and promoted the game so much, is because that it came to me at a time where I thought "Is there even a single free-to play game on the market that you can play for more than an hour and not get bored?" Here is the answer folks, TF2, waiting you for free!!

To be serious though, the fast and fluid gameplay involves 9 different classes, each with their own set of weapons, stats and personalities. By playing more you get access to new weapons, items and most importantly hats!!!! (Just kidding though, in reality I don't give a **** about hats but that's my opinion)

Even though the controls are a bit difficult to adapt to if you are playing with a gamepad, you get used to it in just a few matches.

However I will say that the matches are a bit longer than i can comprehend. I just quit after the second round cause that is enough for me.

In overall the game is a 9/10 for me, a nigh perfect game.
  58. Aug 20, 2014
    Team fortress 2 is an awesome game. The game is updated frequently, the gameplay is good, and the weapons in the game are fairly balanced. The game is free to play, and you can become pay to play rather easily by buying a 10 cent giftapult from the mann co store. The only downside is that most of the higher tier cosmetics and hats can only be obtained via crates and although they dropTeam fortress 2 is an awesome game. The game is updated frequently, the gameplay is good, and the weapons in the game are fairly balanced. The game is free to play, and you can become pay to play rather easily by buying a 10 cent giftapult from the mann co store. The only downside is that most of the higher tier cosmetics and hats can only be obtained via crates and although they drop frequently, you need a key to open them. Other than that most weapons can be obtained/are obtainable by just playing the game or trading. Expand
  59. Aug 18, 2014
    One of the best (if not the best) games I have ever played. I rarely get bored of it and when I do, most of the time it's because I'm lagging too much to play. I would love if they made a PS3 version (not orange box) with all the content that the PC version has (weapons, cosmetic items, trades).
  60. Aug 15, 2014
    All I can say is, this game is awesome. Its a hope for fps games today. Many games like Call of Duty, Halo and Battlefield needs a sequel to keep their fans hyped and paying. This game only needs the one game and because its free to play on steam makes it this much better. The cartoony atmosphere is original, the weapons are balanced with strengths and weaknesses, the classes are allAll I can say is, this game is awesome. Its a hope for fps games today. Many games like Call of Duty, Halo and Battlefield needs a sequel to keep their fans hyped and paying. This game only needs the one game and because its free to play on steam makes it this much better. The cartoony atmosphere is original, the weapons are balanced with strengths and weaknesses, the classes are all amazing with different personalities to complete it. Reviews says that its a shame that all the hats costs money. I got a solution for them, just don't buy any hats from the store. There is a chance that you'll get the hats on the game. Expand
  61. Aug 15, 2014
    I find in this game quite amusing, I was greatly amused mostly by this game's comical humor within the characteristics of our playable men, but at the same time not all that amused by the public of the people that await, not going into sexism cause the game does have female characters involved. Now, speaking into the community, the people there are not the "Brightest of the bulbs" most ofI find in this game quite amusing, I was greatly amused mostly by this game's comical humor within the characteristics of our playable men, but at the same time not all that amused by the public of the people that await, not going into sexism cause the game does have female characters involved. Now, speaking into the community, the people there are not the "Brightest of the bulbs" most of the time, they seem to claim that you are only "cool" if you wear a non-achievement obtained hat. Some of these people are not exactly sure of themselves however. Now heading into the stereotypical category; Team fortress 2 sure has a minor case of stereotypical behavior, such as the "One eyed black, Scottish demolition man" or the "Fat Russian heavy", these of which some may find offensive, it's like saying "all of Native American people are filthy apes", which is not true at all. Valve is a creative group of people, but I think Gabe took this a little far himself. Now, going into the topic of updates; This game is really creative off it's nice updates, an example of this is the recent massive update of the "Love and War" Update, adding over 15 new taunts and more cosmetics, some of re-skins of current weapons such as Mad Milk. It really is unique how they come up with these updates, I always can't wait to see what they have in store for us. Speaking of updates, now I must say the delay on such ideas is a bit painful I must admit, some do not have such patience to wait for so long just for an update. Now my final result is in to this game, it is a bit stereotypical, has quite a few rotten apples in the community, as well as some sprays that are pornographic, as well as crude and funny humorous ways set in this game, I give this game....

7/10.
  62. Aug 11, 2014
    I love the conga! by far this game has SOOO much content and it makes the game amazing, i have 60 hours on the game and counting. this game has a bright future ahead of it.
  63. Aug 10, 2014
    team fortress 2 is a FPS created by valve. TF2 is a astonishing game, purely based on some key elements created by a very talented team. the game is funny, quirky and violent. these make TF2 a very re playable game. it also includes such features as a market where you can trade different items such as weapons, and customization items for your character such as hats or gear, all with theirteam fortress 2 is a FPS created by valve. TF2 is a astonishing game, purely based on some key elements created by a very talented team. the game is funny, quirky and violent. these make TF2 a very re playable game. it also includes such features as a market where you can trade different items such as weapons, and customization items for your character such as hats or gear, all with their own clever names such as the sniper rile known as the "hitmans heat-maker" or the flame thrower known as "the back-burner".
    however the main thing that bring the joy to the TF2 experience is its 9 distinct classes: scout,solider,pyro,demo man,heavy, engineer, sniper,medic and spy.every class benefits in some way to winning a game. the scout is fast but doesn't have alot of heath. the heavy has a lot of heath and uses a mini gun,but is slow .All the classes come with their own weapon sets.further more the classes have their own personalities. the scout is like an athletic teen, where as the pyro is like a crazed maniac.
    overall TF2 is one of those games that i can keep coming back to if i want to have fun playing a FPS. its light hearted unlike some other FPS games on the market.
  64. Aug 9, 2014
    I've played this game for years, I first played in on my PS3 when it was released to that console, then I wen't onto my brothers PC and we bought it and played it, I loved to play Team Fortress 2 because I like how it isn't a serious FPS, it is made in a cartoon style and updates such as the Conga Update are great fun, anybody who insults TF2 for the hats is just an idiot, game like TF2I've played this game for years, I first played in on my PS3 when it was released to that console, then I wen't onto my brothers PC and we bought it and played it, I loved to play Team Fortress 2 because I like how it isn't a serious FPS, it is made in a cartoon style and updates such as the Conga Update are great fun, anybody who insults TF2 for the hats is just an idiot, game like TF2 can only survive because of in-game items such as hats and it doesn't harm the game play at all. Like thr4sher said, pretty much all FPS today are only in existence because of Team Fortress 2 and C:S becoming so popular. Great game, I'll be sad when Valve stop developing in a few years. Expand
  65. Jul 24, 2014
    Dans les catégories free-to-play, FPS et multijoueur, team fortress 2 est très bien placé pour affirmer sa supériorité ! Un choix de 9 classes, Un grand nombre d'armes ayant chacune des avantages et des inconvénients, les maps et les personnages bénéficiant d'un design cartoon délirant.... Il y a de quoi passer des heures là-dessus ! Le système de railleries est bien pensé, et les armes seDans les catégories free-to-play, FPS et multijoueur, team fortress 2 est très bien placé pour affirmer sa supériorité ! Un choix de 9 classes, Un grand nombre d'armes ayant chacune des avantages et des inconvénients, les maps et les personnages bénéficiant d'un design cartoon délirant.... Il y a de quoi passer des heures là-dessus ! Le système de railleries est bien pensé, et les armes se gagnent gratuitement. Le seul inconvénient, c'est qu'il propose un système de pay-to-win afin de permettre aux joueurs impatients d'acheter des armes ou les inviter à affirmer leur supériorité en achetant des caisses contenant des armes "étranges", des vêtements et des railleries.
    Mais vu la durée de vie infinie de ce jeu et le plaisir qu'il procure, on peut fermer les yeux sur cette faiblesse.
  66. Jul 22, 2014
    Simply the best multiplayer game ever made. The combat is a lot of fun the game modes are great and the art style is simply one of the best. Download it now.
  67. Jul 15, 2014
    I've seen a lot of people ask: "Why is Team Fortress 2 so successful? It's just another first person shooter, with cartoony graphics." Well, given that FPS games clearly dominate this generation of gaming is one thing. But another thing people like is unique games, games that are so much different from others... and that's just what this game is. It isn't your average "shoot the bad guysI've seen a lot of people ask: "Why is Team Fortress 2 so successful? It's just another first person shooter, with cartoony graphics." Well, given that FPS games clearly dominate this generation of gaming is one thing. But another thing people like is unique games, games that are so much different from others... and that's just what this game is. It isn't your average "shoot the bad guys to win" kind of game, as it has multiple different objectives, like Payload, and Territorial Control. The combat mechanics are nearly flawless, and you never know what is going to happen next time you play, giving the game a large replayability, allowing for thousands of hours of play. Not only that, but there are constant updates to the game, that introduce brand new maps, weapons, and gamemodes. The only downsides I can find with the game is hackers, badmins, the occasional butthurt community that votekicks you if you're too good, and those little squeakers (but it's hilarious to mess with them), making those the only flaws in an otherwise perfect game. Not only that, aside from the in-game purchases for cosmetics and weapons, it's otherwise totally free. Expand
  68. Jul 13, 2014
    TF2 has a perfect mix of graphics,music and game play. I have played it for 100 hours and it never got boring. I can even play this on my old computer that sucks. All of the items are really balanced and it is not pay to win type of game. But instead it is a play to win game. With protection against hackers and cheaters. It also get updated regularly with new game modes,maps and items. ItTF2 has a perfect mix of graphics,music and game play. I have played it for 100 hours and it never got boring. I can even play this on my old computer that sucks. All of the items are really balanced and it is not pay to win type of game. But instead it is a play to win game. With protection against hackers and cheaters. It also get updated regularly with new game modes,maps and items. It also has a pretty good community where users can create items. Bottom line this game is awesome and I will rate it 10 out 10 hats!
    -Zincio
  69. Jul 9, 2014
    This game i have been playing for years I loved it and every thing is great in this game is something that I love in games its fun and keeps you playing for hours 10/10 just the best game ever, graphics are funny and great the gameplay is smooth. not much of story but its simple story line and just so much fun when you play it for the first time.
  70. Jul 7, 2014
    Such a wonderful game... This was. Hitbox issues, inability to access inventories, Idle serverse, Daily hacking due to the f2p change, Sniper class still in the game (focus on sitting in one spot and instantly killing people across the map, opposite of fun), Mann-conomy, Weekly updates to adress concerns for Linux (an OS that make up about 0.5-1% of the userbase) forcing all the serversSuch a wonderful game... This was. Hitbox issues, inability to access inventories, Idle serverse, Daily hacking due to the f2p change, Sniper class still in the game (focus on sitting in one spot and instantly killing people across the map, opposite of fun), Mann-conomy, Weekly updates to adress concerns for Linux (an OS that make up about 0.5-1% of the userbase) forcing all the servers to re-boot and update manually, Overpowered soldier class (too much versitility, HP, manouverment, damage), Crates, Constant wave of clearly unbalanced weapon not ready to be released to the public (Original tommy gun for the heavy, old equalizer, etc), Hats...

Oh Valve, where did you go so wrong. Your 200-300+ Better Business Bureau ignored complaints aside, this greedy community neglect will not do you good.
  71. Jul 5, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Tf2 is the best fps f2p game out there. It's addicting, funny, and original. The weapons are usually very under powered, but I flourished when I found a combo that worked for me. The spy is under-powered and needs to be buffed, the snipers cross-hair is way to small, and the scout is just bad, but the other classes are fun. I enjoy going pyro and airblasting like crazy. I love how the characters have distinct and unique personalities, even though I dislike the soldiers personality. I love getting hats and finding ones that work for me. The hats are one of the many things that make my come back to play more tf2. The one major downside is the fact that so many cosmetics are holiday restricted. Still, Tf2 is a fun, diverse, and highly enjoyable game. Expand
  72. Jul 5, 2014
    What kind of FPS have you heard about that has hats? ...This game. 10/10

Ignore fill-in characters:
    -------------------------------------------------
  73. Jul 2, 2014
    this game teaches you about cooperation, you are nothing without your team, every class has a purpose and field of play, the first time i played this i always used the spy, but as you play you figure out your type of play, youll figure out what class youre best with, after using spy, i became great with the scout, and is now my favorite class, this game is a great way to make friends onthis game teaches you about cooperation, you are nothing without your team, every class has a purpose and field of play, the first time i played this i always used the spy, but as you play you figure out your type of play, youll figure out what class youre best with, after using spy, i became great with the scout, and is now my favorite class, this game is a great way to make friends on steam and a great way to fight with your friends in the "mann vs. machine" game mode, deffinitley a great community with generous people ready to lend you a hand in sending you new weapons as a gift for no cost. A spot on 10/10! Expand
  74. Jun 28, 2014
    in my entire life.

All classes have purpose
    It is completely balanced
    its now free-to-play
    the weapons are unique and have their own strengths
    I've spent over 100 dollars in this game. and i must say...
    worth it.
  75. Jun 24, 2014
    Awesome game, crap community. As it is a mutliplayer game, you will always be confronted to people, and people in TF2 are very ... lets stop this sentence here.

I played TF2 at the beginning, and it was fun, we owe TF a bunch of other cool games. Then I stopped because I had to pee, and I came back a few years later. I could barely kill anyone for the next 2 hours, with teammates shouting all over the place, all the fun was gone.

Try to avoid the servers where some people seem to sleep on 24h/24, because you'll not enjoy yourself

Conclusion : Could have been better in terms of server research and length of loading screens. I would have love to be able to quit a crappy server to join a better one without spending 10 minutes on the operation
  76. Jun 18, 2014
    This game is not in anyway good, for one there is this kid called Wolfgang (his steam account), he is literally a twelve. This game used to be about having fun, but has now developed into a source of money for Valve.
  77. Jun 13, 2014
    Probably one of the best PC games out there. If you don't have it, get it, now. No class is useless, great representation of team work and player responsibility. Very balanced, most servers are packed, great hat simulator.
  78. Jun 11, 2014
    Team Fortress can be fun for up to 2 years, but in the end it can get really repetitive. It's one of the best free to play titles to date, and I highly recommend that you give it a shot. I still have a couple of flaws with this game. First of all, STOP MAKING THOSE DUMB COSMETIC ITEMS AND MAKE US HALF-LIFE 3. I always get frustrated when my friends don't talk about how good they are, orTeam Fortress can be fun for up to 2 years, but in the end it can get really repetitive. It's one of the best free to play titles to date, and I highly recommend that you give it a shot. I still have a couple of flaws with this game. First of all, STOP MAKING THOSE DUMB COSMETIC ITEMS AND MAKE US HALF-LIFE 3. I always get frustrated when my friends don't talk about how good they are, or how they totally pwned that one guy yesterday, but instead they talk about trading, and buying that one 50$ unusual. I wish Valve would update the GAME more, not the useless cosmetics. Expand
  79. Jun 5, 2014
    This is one of those games that never gets old, you can always come back to it and have a great time. There are endless achievements, so you'll never really "finish" the game. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because some of the people who play it are real **** It's rare that I play a game and don't see slander all over the chat, or hear irritating 12-year-olds on their microphoneThis is one of those games that never gets old, you can always come back to it and have a great time. There are endless achievements, so you'll never really "finish" the game. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because some of the people who play it are real **** It's rare that I play a game and don't see slander all over the chat, or hear irritating 12-year-olds on their microphone trying to tell everyone what to do. Another thing I don't like is that some of the maps are real prone to people posting up pictures of graphic porn. It's uncomfortable for me because I'm a girl, and it really makes me feel like I'm not supposed to be there playing with all of these guys. It's not going to stop me from playing though, because It's way too fun. Expand
  80. Jun 5, 2014
    Team Fortress 2 is a gleaming example on the perfect game that stayed around being popular for so long, that It grew mold which then mutated into the hideous entities we now see as the Mann-Conomy store and digital hats & crates.

Still though, It's aged pretty well and that's worth something in my book.
  81. May 31, 2014
    Well, what can I say that hasn't already been said? It's Team Fortress 2 for god's sake! With it's score of 9.2, I doubt I'll bring anything new to the table, but I'll try to say what I can. First off, I saw a review saying the game is "imbalanced" and that the Spy is "OP". The thing is that the Spy is a high priority target, and his low HP makes him not able to take much punishment ifWell, what can I say that hasn't already been said? It's Team Fortress 2 for god's sake! With it's score of 9.2, I doubt I'll bring anything new to the table, but I'll try to say what I can. First off, I saw a review saying the game is "imbalanced" and that the Spy is "OP". The thing is that the Spy is a high priority target, and his low HP makes him not able to take much punishment if any. Plus, you have to be smart to use the Spy, which is a necessity for any game except E.T. My favorite class is the Engineer. I don't know why, it just fits me best. Another review said if you don't have hats, you're considered "uncool". Thing is that if you make a single purchase, which can cost as little as a dime with the giftapult, by the way, you can find hats via random drop. I personally like the hat system because it provides more customization and makes certain people recognizable. I don't mind tossing my 10s and 20s at Valve because they convenience me as a consumer, as said by joshscorcher. The artstyle is also pleasing to my eyes. While I don't hate CoD or any other FPS games, especially having never played any others, TF2 is certainly a contrast in artstyle to other games. I personally love MvM and Attack/Defense the most. If you're willing to pay a bit of money, you can get Tour of Duty tickets. What do they do? Well, if you use them in Mann Up mode and complete all of the mission in a Tour, you'll get a Botkiller, or if you're playing 2 Cities, killstreak kits and possibly Australium weapons. If you're reading this review on a computer you own, you basically have no excuse to not try it out, unless your parents won't let you because you're too young, in which case why are you reading my review anyway? Expand
  82. May 27, 2014
    Team Fortress 2 is a game made my Activision, a company also known for their work on the Legend of Zelda series and the Fifa series of Basketball games, and a darn good one at that, it's been a long time since I've played a game of such a high caliber, but yet again I am European, which sucks for a TF2 fan like me, as DLC is often very late and the game itself was released on NintendoTeam Fortress 2 is a game made my Activision, a company also known for their work on the Legend of Zelda series and the Fifa series of Basketball games, and a darn good one at that, it's been a long time since I've played a game of such a high caliber, but yet again I am European, which sucks for a TF2 fan like me, as DLC is often very late and the game itself was released on Nintendo Eshop in just 2013.

I decided to forgive them as they had valid reasons as too why it arrived late for the PAL region, but a 3DS version of the game did come free with the Wii U version, as well as a Ghastly Gibbon bus.
    The 3DS isn't much to rave about, which brings us onto the soundtrack of the game, which was developed by Darude and Lionel Ritchie, and included tracks such as "Don't stop till you get enough, unless you can't be bothered" and my fave "Can you feel the sunshine? No I live in 2Fort"

This game is what I call a DLC game, a game entirely based on DLC, such as various armors, cosmetics and earbuds, and if your pre-order a game, then you get a hat based on Bill from Deadrising 4, which I liked, and my favourite DLC map is the Warioware server, but I prefer the tall good looking one (You know what they say about tall men)

Fan of the film spy kids? Well good for you lads there is a secret agent man class, created by charlie and chocolate factory author Dr. Seuss, and he is french and likes to play with knives, just what kind of parents did he have? But only adulterous and corrupt people use him.

I played the Wii U version, so I can't say anything about the 3DS version, but the Wii U version was indeed a game.
    I give it a six.
  83. May 25, 2014
    Wow first of when I heard of this game and how good it is. I was already done with fps games because I broke up with the cod games anyway so I heard it was made by same people who made portal which I really loved so I saw It was free to play didn't take long for me to realize how much life I was wasting not playing this REMARKABLE game. I am so in love with this game that i sometimes turnWow first of when I heard of this game and how good it is. I was already done with fps games because I broke up with the cod games anyway so I heard it was made by same people who made portal which I really loved so I saw It was free to play didn't take long for me to realize how much life I was wasting not playing this REMARKABLE game. I am so in love with this game that i sometimes turn anything I can find and pretend it's something from team fortress 2 but not crazily. So I came here to give this gem a big ten. Oh and one last thing SANVICH !!!! Expand
  84. May 24, 2014
    Team Fortress 2. Where do I begin? First off I have to say That this is the most complete and enjoyable Fps game I have ever played. Now that's off my chest; time for the review and my personal experience of the game. i first came across this jem of a game back in late 09 just after i got a ps3. the game was included in a bundle called the orange box (which everybody should play) with HalfTeam Fortress 2. Where do I begin? First off I have to say That this is the most complete and enjoyable Fps game I have ever played. Now that's off my chest; time for the review and my personal experience of the game. i first came across this jem of a game back in late 09 just after i got a ps3. the game was included in a bundle called the orange box (which everybody should play) with Half life 2 and portal. this was the last of these that i had experience because it was last on the agenda and the least i had heard about. when i got on i found it to be very different to the COD of duty games that every 12 year old kid was into at the time. I was the biggest scrub-lord in the world, Mainly because i didn't understand the concept of "teamwork" or "working together" i just wend in all guns blazing with the heavy and get instantaneously killed by the sniper on the other team. however i leant from my mistakes and enjoyed the game for a solid 3 months, learning the mechanics and how that every class had their speciality. Unfortunately the game's servers became dead and the game followed after. The this left a massive hole in my heart where tf2 used to be, i tried to fill it with games such as borderland and brink... but to no avail. Fast forward about to Christmas 2012 when me and my friend decided that console gaming and there i saw it. Team Fortress 2. the game was free to play so we all decided to get it as our first game. we must have played for hours on end collecting fun and interesting weapons and buying hats with our parents money (none of this was in the PS3 version) and playing AS A TEAM this game has taught me valuable life lesson, that working as a team is much more efficient and effective than going solo...

oh, you want my opinion of the game? it's pretty good. and that's all that has to be said about it.
  85. May 22, 2014
    TF2 is a is a fun game(if you'r into CoD you should'n jump on this if you'r expecting to be the same as CoD)
    it have team based gameplay and players need to work together to get pass a certain obstacle
    Weapons:the weapons have specific uses on them so it a good idea to choose a right weapon for a certain obstacle and certain time to use it Classes:each classes have specific things on
    Classes:each classes have specific things on them and have their own traits which some people can laugh to
    Graphic:it kinda depends what kind of computer your using (i have no experience with the lunix version)
    so i can't really say
    Gameplay:it not like others FPS games it have a unique style that others may not have like in CoD players would go off on their on and handle the situation on their on but in TF2 you need help like in sentries camping place you need a medic with uber or demo man with sticky bomb in order to destroy it.
    In almost every map there always an alternative exit people can take to avoid the other team players,avoid the camping or destroy it,or just to get something like a briefcase.
  86. May 18, 2014
    This game is a classic that every player must have. It is free, and yet it is a very good game A game to play with friends, Team Fortress 2 will ensure hundreds of hours of fun. A bit like Garry's Mod, there are many mods available on the game, such as Saxton Hale, my favorite. In short, free install emergency game!
  87. May 15, 2014
    Just like DOTA 2, this game started out with the great idea of a fun MP. Over time, it became about getting HATS! MORE HATS! Unlockables took over and the game became all about money. Play the original team fortress if you wanna have fun. With free games, you get what you pay for.
  88. May 5, 2014
    This is a great game for your friends and just alone. You can play it for hours on end with all the different servers! It is a free to play game that you need to have steam for. The only thing wrong with it is that You now have to buy something from the store to start earning items and also players who buy things from the store have an unfair advantage. The store does give the game a funThis is a great game for your friends and just alone. You can play it for hours on end with all the different servers! It is a free to play game that you need to have steam for. The only thing wrong with it is that You now have to buy something from the store to start earning items and also players who buy things from the store have an unfair advantage. The store does give the game a fun aspect though if you cant find that one gun you really want. Well I hope you can enjoy this game as much as I have. Expand
  89. May 1, 2014
    Well, I can easily see why this game is well received. The characters are absolutely hysterical, the mechanics are well balanced, and the excellent presentation.

There are nine character classes, each with a colorful personality and a unique style of game-play. I think the release timing was in part because Valve tried so hard to make this an almost perfect game. The mechanics are

I think the release timing was in part because Valve tried so hard to make this an almost perfect game. The mechanics are balanced with every detail in mind, and that rarely happens nowadays with most FPS games. I'm talking about Call of Duty as the main game series that does this.

The presentation is well fit to the frivolous nature of the game. The graphics are quite cartoon-ish, and the music amazingly arranged, and well suited to violent psychopath mercenaries (and killers for hire.)

There are few flaws with this game, one of the primary flaws is the lackluster storyline. It might as well have been written out of a terribly written novel without a point to it.

This game isn't quite a perfect 10, but one of the closest to it I have ever played. If the scale was a 100 scale, it would be a 96-97 for me.
  90. May 1, 2014
    Pretty much the best multiplayer FPS of all time. I played this game religiously for about 3 years from 08 to 2011. Counter-strike may be more competitive and realistic, but TF2 is way, way more fun and has way more replayability value. It is now 6 years since its release, and it is still an excellent game that is better than 99% of shooters.

Valve did an amazing job with the classes,

Valve did an amazing job with the classes, the game modes, and the balance between them. If you get bored of one class, guess what, you have many more to play instead. Every class feels unique and fun. Also, there is nothing quite like getting Ubered as a heavy and mowing down 10 enemies, or getting a Kritzkrieg with a demo on a map with tight hallways.

The graphical style is also incredibly unique and so good that it looks awesome even now in 2014. Really, I have nothing negative to say about TF2. I haven't been playing it in a while but I know it still has an awesome community, and if I ever feel like playing, there are a couple people on my Steam friends list that were there from the beginning and still playing.
  91. Apr 19, 2014
    This game has a bunch of amazing things for it, i got lost in this game and within less then a year i spent more then 1,287 hours. Very addicting and constant updates. Great community too!
  92. Apr 13, 2014
    Single handedly the best game I've ever played in my life. This is the most balanced game ever created (yes including chess). Famous for being one of the first games that provided endless non stop free updates to keep the game fresh and interesting. To this day the community is as strong as ever and this game continues to inspire gamers and developers alike and give them something amazingSingle handedly the best game I've ever played in my life. This is the most balanced game ever created (yes including chess). Famous for being one of the first games that provided endless non stop free updates to keep the game fresh and interesting. To this day the community is as strong as ever and this game continues to inspire gamers and developers alike and give them something amazing to strive towards.
    To say I got my "bang for my buck" would be a grievously colossal understatement. No game in history as ever been so good that it helped sell other games by offering items to redeem in that very same game. As such I think it's important to give proper respect to a game that essentially inspired gamers to try more and different games in the process. Hand's down, in solemn solute and prayers, this game is in a league of its own. I only regret that I could not give this game a score higher than 10.
  93. Apr 13, 2014
    I'm not sure what it is about Team Fortress 2 that makes it so great. At first glance, it's very generic to comparison of most online shooters, but there is something that makes Team Fortress 2 unique stand out, perhaps it's the effort developers obviously put into it, perhaps it's the funny side remarks, whatever it is, Team Fortress 2 is a one-of-a-kind game.
  94. Apr 4, 2014
    people are hating on the f2p restrictions. to them all i can say is buy a 49 cents item from the store and shut
    the **** up. there is a reason why this game is 9,2.
  95. Mar 31, 2014
    A really fun game with super fun mechanics. Has some performance issues when new updates get released but nothing that can't be fixed by tweaking settings. Free game with lots to do. Multiple different game modes, hats **** and other hsit (man i dont even play this game). Artstyle is so great and it's always stayed the same, following the guidelines that Valve created, no wacky hats like,A really fun game with super fun mechanics. Has some performance issues when new updates get released but nothing that can't be fixed by tweaking settings. Free game with lots to do. Multiple different game modes, hats **** and other hsit (man i dont even play this game). Artstyle is so great and it's always stayed the same, following the guidelines that Valve created, no wacky hats like, idk, pony heads or heavy fairy sets. It's also free so that's pretty cool I guess, unless you're one of those idiots who don't want the game to grow and you're pissed at the new players instead of helping them but whatever. (that sentence woah) Pubs are fun to mess around in and competitive scene is fun and challenging. Probably the best game I've ever played, however the game is dead so I have to give it a 1/10. Expand
  96. Mar 30, 2014
    Used to be really good, but the increasing amount of bugs, performance issues, crashes and flat out broken weapons combined with Valve's completely non-existing incentive to communicate with or properly listen to the playerbase, or even just their hesitance to implement the tons of different fixes that the community has made for them through the years, will make me give the game a scoreUsed to be really good, but the increasing amount of bugs, performance issues, crashes and flat out broken weapons combined with Valve's completely non-existing incentive to communicate with or properly listen to the playerbase, or even just their hesitance to implement the tons of different fixes that the community has made for them through the years, will make me give the game a score of 1 now.

Go buy the game if you want a little fun in the start, but you better be lucky with your setup to not have bad performance, and you will eventually grow tired of Valve's neglect and realize why I'm right.
  97. Mar 21, 2014
    A truly, wonderfully, amazing game that has absolutely no boundaries to its diversity and gameplay. A perfectly balanced array of nine varied classes to choose from, the cartoonish yet distinct and unique skins and textures, are just the few strong points Team Fortress 2 have that makes it a genuinely fun game for everybody to play.
  98. Mar 20, 2014
    Not a bad game. However, a lot of people play and praise this just because it is free. The gameplay is good and it isn't a bad game, it just doesn't stand up compared to other games that I have paid for.
  99. Mar 15, 2014
    With the map editor, endless items waiting to be approved in the Steam Workshop and the 9 classes for any kind of FPS player, you will play Team Fortress 2 for a long time! And guess what? This games is FREE TO PLAY! So you only need 8GB free on your hard drive and you are good to go! Even if TF2 has micro-transactions, they are not really going to make a difference but if you want to stayWith the map editor, endless items waiting to be approved in the Steam Workshop and the 9 classes for any kind of FPS player, you will play Team Fortress 2 for a long time! And guess what? This games is FREE TO PLAY! So you only need 8GB free on your hard drive and you are good to go! Even if TF2 has micro-transactions, they are not really going to make a difference but if you want to stay unique from other players, you might spend £50 on your items without even realising:) In my opinion, give this game a try because you have nothing to lose! Expand
  100. Mar 8, 2014
    Team Fortress 2. As soon as I saw the Meet the Team trailers for this game, I knew I had to have it. These trailers were so well done, that I think that just one of them would be a perfect short that plays before a movie. As for the actual game, I finally got my chance to play it at Christmas time in the year 2011 when I got it with the Orange Box, which also came with Half-Life 2 andTeam Fortress 2. As soon as I saw the Meet the Team trailers for this game, I knew I had to have it. These trailers were so well done, that I think that just one of them would be a perfect short that plays before a movie. As for the actual game, I finally got my chance to play it at Christmas time in the year 2011 when I got it with the Orange Box, which also came with Half-Life 2 and Portal. So is this game as amazing as I had hoped it would be from the awesome trailers, or is the game just your average class-based multiplayer shooter with cartoony graphics? Let's find out. The gameplay of this game is just about the most fun gameplay imaginable in a video game. The entire game is a class-based multiplayer first-person shooter. There are several different modes of play in this game. There is attack and defend, which is a mode where the blu team (no, I did not just spell "blue" wrong, that is really how the team is spelled in the game) attacks control points, and the red team defends them. The blu team needs to capture these points before time runs out, while the red team needs to defend them until time runs out. There is also king of the hill, where both teams must compete over a central control point, and hold it for a certain amount of time. Then there's capture the flag, which is capturing the enemy's briefcase of intelligence while defending your own. There are many more modes, but these are just to name a few. You begin each mode by choosing the class you want to play as out of all nine classes in the game. The classes are scout, soldier, pyro, demoman, heavy, engineer, medic, sniper, and spy. All of these classes are very fun to play as because they are all totally different in both gameplay and personality. The scout is the fastest class in the game, and is good for quick offensive raids. The soldier is the most balanced class in the game, with average speed, and a very powerful rocket launcher. Pyro can set things on fire with his flamethrower at close range, and that's all that really needs to be said. The Demoman has a grenade launcher, which he can use to lob grenades at enemies. The heavy is the most powerful class in the game, and can destroy everything with his minigun. The engineer can build turrets and dispensers to help defend locations. The medic can heal everyone on the go with his medigun. The sniper can take out enemies from a distance with his sniper rifle, and the spy can disguise himself as the enemy, and back-stab them with his knife. As for what I mean by different personalities, I mean that the classes themselves are essentially their own characters in the game. They all come from different countries, have different back stories, and even have their own sense of humor and quotes. Because the classes of this game are all so different, this makes the game utterly unique compared to other multiplayer shooters. The game has many unique game modes to play as well. This game is so much more than your average first-person shooter, and that's a good thing. It went so far to be unique, and succeeded spectacularly. As for the graphics, let's just say, if you thought the gameplay of this game was unique, just wait till you see the graphics. Not only is the gameplay different from the average first-person shooter, but the graphics are different as well. Most shooters try for a realistic approach to graphics, making everything look as close to life as possible. This game however, does the exact opposite, it tries to make the game look as cartoony as possible. That's right, this game's graphics go for the cartoony approach rather than the realistic one like most shooters. Of course, the real question is, does this game succeed with this cartoony approach? I can happily say that the answer is yes. The game not only looks beautiful, but it also fits the already zany feel of the game. As for the presentation, it is one of the best I've ever seen in a multiplayer shooter. Everything in this game handles well, and everything is easy to use and access. Overall, I'd say if you don't have this game, you need to get it now! This is a game that everyone in the world needs to play. It has spectacular gameplay, beautiful graphics, and a wonderful presentation to top it all off.
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Presentation: 10/10
    Overall: 10/10
  101. Nov 23, 2013
    Tf2 one of the best games i'll ever play in my life so addicting so entertaining, people say the game got ruined because of the weapons and the store well that's not true unlike many games tf2 is not a pay to win game and people often get confused the new weapon they find is isn't better than their old one no it isn't and in most cases the default weapon i much better since the others haveTf2 one of the best games i'll ever play in my life so addicting so entertaining, people say the game got ruined because of the weapons and the store well that's not true unlike many games tf2 is not a pay to win game and people often get confused the new weapon they find is isn't better than their old one no it isn't and in most cases the default weapon i much better since the others have ups and downs but it actually depends on your style and what situation you are in and there are many ways to find these items, you acquire them via drop system, you trade them with other people,you do achievements or buy them but don't do that only spend 5 dollars on the game so you have a better drop rate. There are many other different items including hats which do not affect gameplay but affects what other players think of you and the most expensive hat is a unusual team captain I think worth about $4000 usd Collapse

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.