9.2

1. Jun 6, 2013
    My friend recommended this game to me on Steam, said it was a crazy, fun game, so I tried it out. First time, I was interested, training area, ok learning the basics, than the game its self... yeah about that.
    The thing that bugs me about this is that every gun in this "insane" game aren't even good, there's no assault rifles in this game for some strange reason and the rocket launcher is so weak. The only class that I actually liked was the Spy, he's sneaky, and can kill players with one shot with the revolver or knife, while the rest are complete crap. I can see so many people like this game for the MP, but I'm not seeing the quality, insanity, or excitement at all.
  2. Dec 29, 2011
    Team Fortress 2 is one of the most forgettable, pointless, and phycotic games I've ever played. Valve made the amazing Portal 2, what is with Team Fortress 2? It's simply too forgettable and outdated (there are Valve games far superior to this, and they tried to make the graphics looked so good it ended up turning into a mashed up bluray player,) so I cannot recommend this game.
  3. May 15, 2014
    Just like DOTA 2, this game started out with the great idea of a fun MP. Over time, it became about getting HATS! MORE HATS! Unlockables took over and the game became all about money. Play the original team fortress if you wanna have fun. With free games, you get what you pay for.
  4. Oct 24, 2012
    This game must be good. No, it must be a classic, it's developed by Valve! Well, I disagree. And no, it's not due to hats.

The problem I have with this game is funnily the classes itself. Picked a Spy and Pyro noticed you? Dead! Heavy noticed you, Medic is with him and you're a Sniper? Dead! Getting killed just because I didn't have a good class againts another player feels very stupid. In Section 8 for example you will have disadvanges, if your enemy has better loadout for specific style of combat but you still have quite large chance of killing the player. This game just gets the class thing wrong.

Another complaint is the map design. The default maps are usually about fighting in very small/thigh corridors, which feels very annoying when playing as Scout or Spy, which like open space where they can move freely. Community made maps on the other hand just scream for snipers or scream even louder for Pyro corners (My favourite class is Pyro btw).

The gameplay itself could be better, if it was faster too. Soldier and Sniper feel too effective due to how slow players' movement speeds are (Even with Scout) . Sure they are offensive based, but still a lot more annoying.

The game can be fun for people, who like extremely heavily focused teamplay. Otherwise it's better to just ignore this game. I for one don't fit to the teamplay focused group, even after thousands and thousands of hats.
  5. Apr 14, 2015
    This game used to be good. From it's launch till 2011 it was good. But then Valve decided to mess the whole thing up. It went from a fantastic fun online shooter, to a worthless, incohesive cluster of junk. Now instead of a fun online shooter, it is just another pathetic 'Free to Play' cashgrab that revolves around virtual items that cost real money. Speaking of the virtual items, theThis game used to be good. From it's launch till 2011 it was good. But then Valve decided to mess the whole thing up. It went from a fantastic fun online shooter, to a worthless, incohesive cluster of junk. Now instead of a fun online shooter, it is just another pathetic 'Free to Play' cashgrab that revolves around virtual items that cost real money. Speaking of the virtual items, the balancing on most of the weapons is off, and all of the costumes look ridiculous/don't go with the games initial theme at ALL. The game used to have a fantastic & unique cartoony style, but that is now overshadowed with absurd cosmetics/items. They seriously added a My Little Pony hat! Come on, who thought that would be a good idea? I can't remember the last time they released a half decent update. Actually, nevermind that. I do remember. It was the Engineer Update...BACK IN 2010! And to top it all off, the game has gotten stupidly buggy. I remember when it was almost polished to perfection, barely any bugs at all.
    This used to be one of my favorite games of all time. But now whenever I see it, I cringe. This game has become cringe worthy.
    Team Fortress 2 has lost ALL of its soul. This isn't TF2. TF2 doesn't exist anymore. It was replaced by...whatever THIS garbage is.

Also Meet the Pyro was awful. One of the most interesting classes in the game and they didn't even make a decent video for him.
  6. May 6, 2012
    I have been playing this "game" for almost 4 years and i must agree with all negatives reviews. "Game" was fun only at beginning, before all those idiotic, retarded and unbalanced items arrived. On most servers classes or weapons limitations are hard to find. Same servers are mostly infested with spawncampers, laggers and last time even speedhackers. Now the "game" has become free, whatI have been playing this "game" for almost 4 years and i must agree with all negatives reviews. "Game" was fun only at beginning, before all those idiotic, retarded and unbalanced items arrived. On most servers classes or weapons limitations are hard to find. Same servers are mostly infested with spawncampers, laggers and last time even speedhackers. Now the "game" has become free, what means, there is alot of so called experts, lolling here and there without any reason, like mindless lemmings and trying to teach you, how to play... I have paid for this "game" and Valve didn't even bother to give any compensation... It's 2012, so buggy and outdated graphics, is nothing more than a bad joke, and technical support still didn't fix "hl2.exe stopped to work" error under Windows x64. If you looking for any good multiplayer FPS game, you need to pay, to play comfortable. Avoid this piece of junk and another free trash at any costs. Expand
  7. Dec 22, 2011
    Ask me to review this early 2010 and I would give it an 8 or 9 /10. After the man-conomy update everything just went bad. Everyone is not even playing the game- just trading virtual hats. People waste alot of money on the store and for what...a new cosmetic? There are alot of weapons in the game but there is no diversity between say one rocket launcher and another gameplay wise because itAsk me to review this early 2010 and I would give it an 8 or 9 /10. After the man-conomy update everything just went bad. Everyone is not even playing the game- just trading virtual hats. People waste alot of money on the store and for what...a new cosmetic? There are alot of weapons in the game but there is no diversity between say one rocket launcher and another gameplay wise because it would be too hard to balance. Team Fortress 2 used to have a nice bit of content added now and then, new maps ect. But now it requires half a gigs download every other week to play. This led me to uninstall what was otherwise in the past a fun game I really liked. The only reason they screwed it up was to get more money. Expand
  8. Sep 27, 2013
    I am Free-to-Play.
    I say this everyday:

HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS, HATS
  9. Apr 26, 2015
    TF2 used to be something special, something that made it stand out from other games, however as timed passed Valve now ruined this game and made it a monstrous cash cow, not only that, but they keep doing stupid sh*t and ignore the stuff that needs addressing.

Firstly is F2P, sure it boosted the game's life span, but all it really did was add a huge amount of idiotic, immature and awful players into the game that poisoned the community, the community used to be friendly, they helped new players, we would laugh and smile while we enjoy TF2, now it's just "OMFG F2P NOOB!" "UR SH*T AND SO IS UR WHOEL FAMILY" and more terrible quotes that should stay in COD, players act aggressively for no reason and the amount of hackers has sky rocketed, thanks Valve, thanks for destroying a unique community with your sh*tty business model.

Secondly is how lazy the devs are now, TF2 got a lot of updates in 2011, in 2012 that dropped a bit, in 2013 and 2014 we get next to nothing except a million hats that nobody wanted and some underpowered/useless weapons, not only that but ALL UPDATES are nothing but cash cows, End of The Line was sliced and diced to death and only featuring hats, miscs AND A PAY 2 PLAY EVENT while we were promised new weapons, a new gamemode and map. The map was cut because "It's too confusing for new players" which is absolute bullsh*t because Valve has maps in the game which ARE EVEN HARDER THEN THE CUT MAP! You can still play the map on community servers, but it's still stupid that it isn't in the game, but yet harder maps are.
    If you thought End of The Line was bad, the Robotic Boogaloo is worse, 54 "New" hats! Oh sorry I meant 54 RESKINS of hats! While some are creative, most are just carbon copies of the original hats.

Thirdly is the Source engine, it's an awful engine that needs TO DIE, hitboxes are terrible and the glitches make Ride To Hell look stable and well polished, crashes everywhere and game changing bugs like getting into spawns and more. As for the hitboxes, you can headshot someone BLOOD COMES FLYING OUT, and nothing.... while they shoot your toe and you instantly die....

Fourth is balance, the balance is everywhere in this game, let me tell you what I mean...

Scout is alright, however he does have some gimmicky bullsh*t weapons like the Sandman and Flying Guillotine combo, he also has some useless weapons like the Sun on a stick and Back Scatter.

Soldier is too good, a powerful and reliable arsenal of weapons makes him a top pick for tryhards, and all you see is them getting 50 points at the end of the match while 2nd place has like 20, Soldier is balanced, but when a pro uses him, there's no downsides.

F*CK PYRO, Degreaser is absolutely broken and is a straight upgrade to all of the flamethrowers, plus VALVE KEEP IGNORING THIS WEAPON AND NERF EVERYTHING ELSE! I love how Pyro can be a crit wh*re but Heavy can't drop sandvichs to heal himself and Engineer not having the Pomson penetrate targets, so those are OP while Pyro kills 8 of the 9 classes without any skill/thought? 11/10

Demoman used to be overpowered, but recently he's been reworked and I like it, he's still strong as hell though but better then he used to be.

Heavy is balanced in my eyes, too bad everyone wants to nerf his Minigun while Pyro gets away again.

Engineer is annoying, but not overpowered.

Same goes for Medic.

Sniper suffers from the same issues I have with nearly ALL sniper classes, "If you can aim, there's no downside or counter!" seriously, try and fight a sniper who can aim GOOD LUCK! There needs to be a longer delay when you can headshot people and not do BS quick scopes.

Spy is annoying, but the only issue is the Ambassador, it suffers from the same issue with the Sniper, but I think it needs a rework since it's a straight upgrade to all the Revolvers.

Plus Valve are slow as sh*t to nerf weapons, it took 3 years for them to fix the Mini Sentry from healing itself when being built, AND 6 YEARS TO OVERNERF THE AXTINGUISHER!

There are a truck load of more complaints, however there is one thing I like about this game and it's the characters.

All of them are well developed, fun and very memorable and they are easily the best part of the game, I love watching SFM videos of them, I love reading the comics, I love GMOD videos on them, honestly I love everything about them, too bad the game their in is ruined.
  10. Dec 28, 2012
    Boring, too many updates.. its just a hat game, the list goes on and on and on.. No wonder its a free game, stay away! When I got this game it was part of the orange box, If when I purchased the orange box and knew about Team Fortress 2 at the time. I would of not have bought it. But I bought it only for the Half Life 2 series. Just a huge disappointment and largely a waste of hard drive space
  11. May 21, 2011
    This game is constantly being balanced, and updated. But. Its also constantly being filled with cash shop items, and hats to suck out your money. They said that hats would just be novelty items too, but then set hats were introduced. They even managed to corrupt portal 2 even more.
  12. Apr 6, 2012
    Back when gaming was in its glory days, Valve released a title called 'Team Fortress', a game that won my heart and was incredibly fun in every aspect (it still is). In 2007, Valve released 'Team Fortress 2', which was enjoyable to a certain point. Several weapons that have been added, and several "class balance" aspects have made this game horribly unbalanced. It's more of an arcade-styleBack when gaming was in its glory days, Valve released a title called 'Team Fortress', a game that won my heart and was incredibly fun in every aspect (it still is). In 2007, Valve released 'Team Fortress 2', which was enjoyable to a certain point. Several weapons that have been added, and several "class balance" aspects have made this game horribly unbalanced. It's more of an arcade-style shooter than Team Fortress Classic, and with that it finds flaws. Compared to Nuclear Dawn, where different classes have health but it remains balanced, Team Fortress 2 goes about it differently. Some classes compared to others, despite how enjoyable their concept may be, has about the strength of an infant by comparison, and are quickly gunned down. This game used to be decent, but valve has destroyed it over the years. 2/10. Expand
  13. Dec 9, 2011
    I used to love this game but now it's F2P it's ruined i actully cried when the meet the medic update came out this game used to be worth giving game of the year but after september 2010 i said this game **** sucks @%% for real i hate this game now i sold all my hats for steam games even like a max and stuff like that im sick of it im sick of it im sick of it valve but one last thing WHY?!I used to love this game but now it's F2P it's ruined i actully cried when the meet the medic update came out this game used to be worth giving game of the year but after september 2010 i said this game **** sucks @%% for real i hate this game now i sold all my hats for steam games even like a max and stuff like that im sick of it im sick of it im sick of it valve but one last thing WHY?! WHY?! DID YOU RUIN THE GAME OF THE OBJECTEVE GAME OF THE CENTURY!? Expand
  14. Jun 10, 2012
    When i purchased this game it was the best game ive ever played in my entire life but ever since these updates ive uninstalled it.If a critic would rate this game now he would say that its got to be the most **** sucking piece of **** ive ever played I mean like half the time your going to be dying from the most overpowered sons of **** in the world of gaming which are the demoman,When i purchased this game it was the best game ive ever played in my entire life but ever since these updates ive uninstalled it.If a critic would rate this game now he would say that its got to be the most **** sucking piece of **** ive ever played I mean like half the time your going to be dying from the most overpowered sons of **** in the world of gaming which are the demoman, soldier, and heavy and the rest of the classes will make you want to blow your brains out. Dont download this **** sucking piece of crap called a game.I cant turn my review into a 0 but it is a 0. Expand
  15. Jan 1, 2011
    Was good, but not great. Then they added gimmicky items, which you can either grind for or fill Valve's wallets for, which also grant gameplay advantages. And they lost their sense of humor, and started relying upon grade-school humor. I'd have given an early solid version of the game an 8 or so -- it was never actually mind-blowing or anything -- but with grinding and real-world cash itemWas good, but not great. Then they added gimmicky items, which you can either grind for or fill Valve's wallets for, which also grant gameplay advantages. And they lost their sense of humor, and started relying upon grade-school humor. I'd have given an early solid version of the game an 8 or so -- it was never actually mind-blowing or anything -- but with grinding and real-world cash item purchases, two of the least fun and least skill-determined ways of obtaining advantages in gaming, I feel more than generous giving the game a 3. Expand
  16. Jun 17, 2012
    Valve has released some of my favorite games to play on the PC to date. Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, and Counter-Strike all have a spot in my heart for games. When Team Fortress 2 was released, I enjoyed playing it with the basic items/weapons that the game had released. Some of the weapons they have released today have definitely pushed me away from the game but the real kicker for me wasValve has released some of my favorite games to play on the PC to date. Half-Life, Left 4 Dead, and Counter-Strike all have a spot in my heart for games. When Team Fortress 2 was released, I enjoyed playing it with the basic items/weapons that the game had released. Some of the weapons they have released today have definitely pushed me away from the game but the real kicker for me was the adding of the Mann Co. Store (Which, for those of you who don't play the game, is an in-game micropayment service). Ever since then, the game has turned from an enjoyable team game to a fashion party. Players can now adorn themselves with hats, gear, and costume to personalize their character. While this creates a wide open space for creativity, it makes the game less appealing especially now that Valve is using it primarily as a revenue stream. I come from an older generation of gamers who played games made to be enjoyed and to receive money as a secondary goal. Few and far major game producers do this anymore. Video gaming has become a sad era of gross value, not entertainment and Team Fortress 2 exemplifies this. Expand
  17. Dec 15, 2011
    Finally played this game for the first time, and it was awful. The classes are way to restrictive, I would much prefer to build my own loadouts, rather than be stuck with something like shotgun, useless pistol, w/e melee. The graphics are way to cartoony, i feel like im playing a fps for 6 year olds who can handle the sight of blood. The weapons are completely unbalanced, i put 24 shotsFinally played this game for the first time, and it was awful. The classes are way to restrictive, I would much prefer to build my own loadouts, rather than be stuck with something like shotgun, useless pistol, w/e melee. The graphics are way to cartoony, i feel like im playing a fps for 6 year olds who can handle the sight of blood. The weapons are completely unbalanced, i put 24 shots from a pistol into a pyro, he didnt die, and then he ran up and killed me with 1 second of fire to the face. Im not going to go into detail on the hats, they are just **** retarded... its an FPS not a fashion show. i expect much more from valve, and this game didn't deliver. Expand
  18. Jul 7, 2013
    Not very good, but there is still some fun to be had here. You play as 9 different classes, each with a different play style. I found myself feeling more at home with the Soldier and Heavy, since these guys are fairly easy to get kills with and tank through. There is also different game modes, which involve capturing points, or leading a payload bomb through a path through a map, toNot very good, but there is still some fun to be had here. You play as 9 different classes, each with a different play style. I found myself feeling more at home with the Soldier and Heavy, since these guys are fairly easy to get kills with and tank through. There is also different game modes, which involve capturing points, or leading a payload bomb through a path through a map, to name a couple. This game however is not for everyone, stay away if you don't like playing in a team. (That, and the increasing hat updates are breaking the game further and further as the days go by). This is a review of the vanilla game content released through Valve, as there is plenty of different community mods for the game, go try those if you don't like the vanilla game. Expand
  19. Oct 26, 2011
    the game file is huge,and what do you get from it/ nothing
    the game is really bad
    sniping was ruined when they added zoomming animation when you bring up the scope
    gameplay is pathetic,mods are boring
    the game is a joke
    no ffa mod
  20. Apr 11, 2011
    This game is garbage. The art style is trash. The multi-player is unbalanced and garbage. The multi-player is buggy and has many glitches. The maps are garbage. This game is insulting to gamers and ruining first person shooters in general. Great job Valve!
  21. Feb 15, 2012
    Valve clearly doesn't care that I *paid* for this game, as they constantly try to push micro-transaction products to me. It's like they stopped caring once they compensated me with a crappy veteran hat.
  22. Nov 30, 2012
    This game sucks. I don't understand the hype behind it and I couldn't play over an hour before getting bored. It is a hat simulator with no sense of achievement, and valve charging tons of money for these hats is absolutely pathetic, even worse is the people who buy them. This game is mindless and there is nothing unique about it.
  23. Apr 16, 2012
    This game used to be about strategy and team work. Now its freaking buy this and we get money crap. The new thing about having it be free? Well basically half the thing is not because you spend most of the time in the shop stpending money on **** HATS? If you don't have a hat your not considered "cool". It's the most stupidest thing ever.
  24. Nov 2, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Though it was originally a game based on teamwork, the entire community is crap. With good and interesting maps, along with a (for some reason, hated) Free-2-Play status, it's a fun game. Except for the fact the people judge you on your ITEMS. If you don't have a hat that has some dumb effect, then you the most hated person in the game. Those people who first join the game are pummled to the ground with taunts of how they are "noobs" and "bad players", what do you expect? They just joined the game, don't expect them to be gods getting kills left and right. And then there are people who spend thousands just to buy these virtual hats, the game is nothing more than a hat simulator with players who wear dumb clothing thinking they are cool, along with the use of the same unfair technique on others, such as Scouts following someone across the battlefield just to kill you, Demomen who use their Sticky bomb launchers for offense, battle Medics that never respect or heal their own teammates, ETC.
    Not to mention, the biggest kill of the game are "Critical Hits". Why do these even exist? They turn a fair battle into a "kill the rabbits" gamemode. About to kill someone at point blank with a shotgun? Nope, 1 critical hit from a pistol and you are dead.
    Also, why aren't weapons and maps added to the game more often? Each patch that is added into the game is just filled with hats and other things.
    All in all, it's a good game, but unless you want to put up with spoil, unfair, and non cohesive players, don't waste your computer space.
  25. Jul 12, 2011
    JUST a fail it sucks i rather play E.T. than this stupid game. really why is this game so great i don't see it. and its very buggy and low quality so reallt bad.
  26. Oct 28, 2011
    Really bad game I dont even want to waste time on it nothing fun at all
    sniping could be fun if you did not have to watch trough scope for a long time to 'charge" it
    and you have a lase on that shows the enemy where you are
    no ffa mod
    kids with hats pathetic gameplay,runs bad even on a good machine and a lot of other problems
  27. Dec 26, 2011
    Team fortress 2 is awesome!

That's what i would say years ago Valve has messed the entire game up, And now since it got free to play only idiots are there. Before it got free to play there was allmost no minges or anything, And it was alot easier to communicate with people they could sometimes help you getting achievment's and stuff, But now people are only doing this: NO WAFFLE I KILL
    Team fortress 2 is awesome!

That's what i would say years ago

Valve has messed the entire game up, And now since it got free to play only idiots are there. Before it got free to play there was allmost no minges or anything, And it was alot easier to communicate with people they could sometimes help you getting achievment's and stuff, But now people are only doing this: NO WAFFLE I KILL YOU OLOL THIS IS A KILLING GAME and they even do say that on a bloody surf server and that is pissing me off tottaly i have been visiting tons of servers are they are all the same crap now.

Now to talk about the game overall

WHAT DID VALVE THINK WHEN THEY ADDED THEESE GUNS? The guns and the classes are so DAMN OP, When i was a spy and i was going to strike down a heavy the medic with the QUICK FIX comes there with his super healing on the heavy and i could not kill the heavy with 5 crits, Its just bloody **** they have tottaly ruined it, Before it was medics healing you when you called them and people in your team acctualy protecting the intel not just going there with their OP weapons and slaughtering everyone and dosen't give a crap about the intel's good job ruining the game Valve.
  28. Dec 29, 2012
    It's not that good. It's even bad for a free game. The only reason that I got this was because my friends told me to get it, so I did, and after playing for about an hour, I decided that I had had enough because I had gotten so bored. The game-play is repetitive, the weapons boring, and the people are...special. I guess the reason that I don't like it is because I have never really likedIt's not that good. It's even bad for a free game. The only reason that I got this was because my friends told me to get it, so I did, and after playing for about an hour, I decided that I had had enough because I had gotten so bored. The game-play is repetitive, the weapons boring, and the people are...special. I guess the reason that I don't like it is because I have never really liked first person shooters, and this is one of the worst. Expand
  29. Oct 31, 2012
    1 of the worst games I have ever , ever played in my life .

It is so pathetic - the attempt of valve to get easy fifty bugs .
    & the corrupted critics also giving good marks .
  30. Mar 31, 2014
    A really fun game with super fun mechanics. Has some performance issues when new updates get released but nothing that can't be fixed by tweaking settings. Free game with lots to do. Multiple different game modes, hats **** and other hsit (man i dont even play this game). Artstyle is so great and it's always stayed the same, following the guidelines that Valve created, no wacky hats like,A really fun game with super fun mechanics. Has some performance issues when new updates get released but nothing that can't be fixed by tweaking settings. Free game with lots to do. Multiple different game modes, hats **** and other hsit (man i dont even play this game). Artstyle is so great and it's always stayed the same, following the guidelines that Valve created, no wacky hats like, idk, pony heads or heavy fairy sets. It's also free so that's pretty cool I guess, unless you're one of those idiots who don't want the game to grow and you're pissed at the new players instead of helping them but whatever. (that sentence woah) Pubs are fun to mess around in and competitive scene is fun and challenging. Probably the best game I've ever played, however the game is dead so I have to give it a 1/10. Expand
  31. AnonymousMC
    Oct 8, 2008
    I bought this game during beta and loved it all the way up until you made weapon updates. I no longer play this game since the developer thinks randomly changing the whole game is acceptable to people that previously purchased it. I also think it's funny you totally imbalanced the game by only updating 1-2 classes at a time. I wish I could get my money back now.
  32. zaaaa
    Oct 8, 2008
    I played this since beta and since then I guess my computer was downgraded b/c I can hardly play anymore. From a good 60 fps then a few patches later I get about 20-30....Either way I se comments about even classes and all....well they are releasing updates for every class now one by one...tell me if you think thats fair or even a good idea. Achievments make the game suck b/c half the I played this since beta and since then I guess my computer was downgraded b/c I can hardly play anymore. From a good 60 fps then a few patches later I get about 20-30....Either way I se comments about even classes and all....well they are releasing updates for every class now one by one...tell me if you think thats fair or even a good idea. Achievments make the game suck b/c half the team is working on that and not helping te TEAM out...In fact it's very hard to even be a team in TF2. I'm guess this is why you made the orange box package....10 years of developement and a few months later you randomly change class aspects as well add weapon mods...errmm? Shouldnt I have been informed when I bought the game that the whole thing would be changed when you feel like it? Expand
  33. AnonymousMC
    Mar 5, 2008
    I just blew $50 on "The Orange Box" to get this long-awaited sequel to one of my favorite games of all time, TFC. However, after several days of playing, I can say without a doubt that this game is an enormous let-down. We no longer have grenades for some reason, which makes sentry-guns godly in many cases, requiring a team member to kill himself just to destroy the sentry! IfI just blew $50 on "The Orange Box" to get this long-awaited sequel to one of my favorite games of all time, TFC. However, after several days of playing, I can say without a doubt that this game is an enormous let-down. We no longer have grenades for some reason, which makes sentry-guns godly in many cases, requiring a team member to kill himself just to destroy the sentry! If you're in a good hiding spot sniping people, it is given away when you nail somebody because the camera zooms over to you, which ruins any good location. The pyro has an incredibly weak flamethrower and it reaches about as far as his arm, making it useless for the most part. Weapons don't seem to have a secondary fire anymore. Oh yeah, and this may just be 90% of the servers out there, but every time I have joined and played a game, even if I play for hours, I have yet to come across a CTF map! Everything has gone CP, which is boring as hell after a map or two. On top of that, maps like "Well" don't even resemble what they have resembled since their introduction, which has spanned several game engines such as Quake, Half-Life, and Unreal. This game is incomplete and does not deserve to bear the title "Team Fortress" in its current state, with the lacking of so much that has always been a part of TF. Highly disappointing and if I could return the game and get my $50 back I would. Bear in mind that I am an older player who is basing this review on years of playing ALL of the original TF mods across many game engines and am comparing it to what it used to be and noting what it lacks. Expand
  34. [anonymous]
    Jan 1, 2010
    They took away lots (like grenades) and made the game pretty bad... but then added more maps... but they were too small and they sucked. The spy pistol is kinda overpowered. I dont like TF2.....
  35. GabrielU
    Jan 24, 2010
    I don't understand the big buzz around this game. It's a little fun. This game is just too "simple", I mean, just few maps, games, most of characters are dull (scout, medic, soldier, heavy, bomberman)... I've played few hours with joy, now it's boring. Meh, I think that I shall install UT2k4 once again. Or go RO! But it's different kind of online fps.
  36. BeanB.
    Oct 13, 2007
    this game is nothing compared to its previous incarnation. The higher end skills that you could develop have been removed from the game leaving the game for average players. Like DOD Source Valve has decided to move their games to a place where skill is developed to where you cant develop past a certain point. For sure this game will not have the shelf life of TFC because it has none of this game is nothing compared to its previous incarnation. The higher end skills that you could develop have been removed from the game leaving the game for average players. Like DOD Source Valve has decided to move their games to a place where skill is developed to where you cant develop past a certain point. For sure this game will not have the shelf life of TFC because it has none of its class. Expand
  37. AndrewH.
    Oct 29, 2007
    Great graphics are a lone bright spot in an otherwise poor experience. Gameplay is sluggish, and once basic tactics are mastered invention and strategy goes unrewarded. Really disappointing as the elements added since TFC do not make up for the features removed.
  38. AnonymousMC
    Apr 23, 2008
    Shallow. Not fun. Looks great. That about sums this game up. The guns do so little damage it irritates me to the point of wanting to bash in the skull of whoever thought of that. a SHOTGUN AT 2 FEET DOESN'T KILL IN 3 SHOTS OR MORE. That alone sums up the damage system, it's meant for kids to be hammering at each other all day. No strategy is needed, unless playing different forShallow. Not fun. Looks great. That about sums this game up. The guns do so little damage it irritates me to the point of wanting to bash in the skull of whoever thought of that. a SHOTGUN AT 2 FEET DOESN'T KILL IN 3 SHOTS OR MORE. That alone sums up the damage system, it's meant for kids to be hammering at each other all day. No strategy is needed, unless playing different for each gun is called strategy. Oh, right click and leave the scope on for a while and then BAM after a while you get an insto-kill as sniper, or just hold down the trigger and follow people as a medic, that is strategy for kids with ADD and apparently that is who designed this crapper of a game. This lowers the Orange Box score since this was an advertising point. In the end it is sad. Anybody who gives this a score of 6 or above is likely not too intelligent, and by the looks of other reviews I agree with the research that America's average IQ has dropped over the years since almost everyone is giving this game a 10. Beh Expand
  39. AnonymousMC
    Apr 8, 2008
    I bought The Orange Box because of the Half-Life games. My favorite game actually turned out to be portal, a very unexpectedly fun and engrossing game. After trying all of the games except Team Fortress 2, I figured I'd try it. Keep in mind I have never played the original. The game ran very smoothly and its graphics gave it personality. However, when it came to actually playing theI bought The Orange Box because of the Half-Life games. My favorite game actually turned out to be portal, a very unexpectedly fun and engrossing game. After trying all of the games except Team Fortress 2, I figured I'd try it. Keep in mind I have never played the original. The game ran very smoothly and its graphics gave it personality. However, when it came to actually playing the game, I found it to be really lame and pointless. Battles last all of three seconds. Basically you have a bunch of cartoons running around and firing at one another then dieing and repeating the process. (I know, excluding engineers) I did not receive any enjoyment from this game, I was shocked and appalled that this lame game was hid in a package containing otherwise excellent games. I give it s three because it did not have technical problems. It was just dumb. Expand
  40. AnonymousMC
    May 7, 2008
    Nothing like the first, which isn't the problem. The problem is the simplicity in its skill base which simply shakes the hands with all the other FPS games coming to town these days. TFC was extremely skill and strategy based. TF2 is extremely number based. The only reason I give it a generous 2 is because of the comical cartoon characters, which is the only enjoyment I received fromNothing like the first, which isn't the problem. The problem is the simplicity in its skill base which simply shakes the hands with all the other FPS games coming to town these days. TFC was extremely skill and strategy based. TF2 is extremely number based. The only reason I give it a generous 2 is because of the comical cartoon characters, which is the only enjoyment I received from this title.

The art is unique, the FPS style of gaming in this second hit, is unfortunately not. A big disapointment from a true valve fan.
  41. AnonymousMC
    May 8, 2008
    Game was good for a bit. Then valve decided it needed to "balance" the classes and basically in the end screwed it all up. Now several classes are overpowered some are underpowered and some do not have a point at all anymore. The engineer used to be a defensive class now he's completely pointless and can be killed easily. The medic is oerused. Soldiers and demomen are overpowering byGame was good for a bit. Then valve decided it needed to "balance" the classes and basically in the end screwed it all up. Now several classes are overpowered some are underpowered and some do not have a point at all anymore. The engineer used to be a defensive class now he's completely pointless and can be killed easily. The medic is oerused. Soldiers and demomen are overpowering by someone with the slightest skill. Spies are hard to play but easy to spot if you play more than a few weeks. Heavy's run out of amno to fast. Snipers have are overpowered with melee and the scope. Scouts are worthless on all maps now due to updates. Pyros still have issues with the flame setting people on fire most of the time someone can just walk through it without problems or someone gets hit with the flame from outragious distances or is off to the side. Basically all the classes have major flaws now the 1st time they got the classes right but valve still doesn't think they're right and keeps changing them making them increasingly pointless and unblanced. Don't get on xbox360 lags way to much and maxs out at 16 ppl better to get it online if you are going to get it at all. Expand
  42. BertH.
    Jul 10, 2008
    It fails.
  43. JaredJ.
    Jul 18, 2008
    Started out good, then a stupid Medic pack was released. After many complaints to VALVe, they went and released a Pyro pack! VALVe's could have been game, turnned into a boring repeatitive pile of crap.
  44. MaoiM
    Feb 16, 2009
    I honestly don't see why this game is so great. The gameplay is terrible, and I can't survive more than 10 seconds before I get killed. Most of you are probably calling me a noob right now, and maybe that's it, but no matter what I try to do (even using strategies I've long given up playing other FPS), I can't kill anyone. Even when I am able to get the first shot I honestly don't see why this game is so great. The gameplay is terrible, and I can't survive more than 10 seconds before I get killed. Most of you are probably calling me a noob right now, and maybe that's it, but no matter what I try to do (even using strategies I've long given up playing other FPS), I can't kill anyone. Even when I am able to get the first shot in on someone, it takes 3 seconds for me to kill them while aiming at their torso. I'd rather play Hello Kitty than TF2. Expand
  45. Frank
    May 22, 2009
    Rooms are all passworded antihacking failed maps all suck maps are buggy (stuck in terrian 3 times in 3 minutes had to sucide to get out) laggy few servers not passworded crash over all game gets a perfect 0 in every catergory.
  46. V.Trauma
    Aug 9, 2009
    Too bad it didnt stand a chance about the classic one. Its too fast, unbalanced and the levels are boring. Too much arcade for this game, it should have stayed the old style.
  47. AnonymousMC
    Jan 4, 2008
    played this on pc and 360. horrible game play with little depth and i dont know how you call it balanced. i mean charging up a sniper rifle? seriously. also have to ask why valve would spend 10 years on it and make it a cartoon when they have the source engine to use. as said by Kay B. it get boring b4 you even buy it. im sorry to say but shawdow run was a better experience than this
  48. BO
    Feb 16, 2008
    All I can think when i play TF2 is What Went Wrong? i played TFC from its birth to its death (then ressurected it on LAN) and when TF2 was released i bought it then got bored after a day. All the creativity and skill has been sucked out with the loss of great maps, grenades especially the class specific one, medic packs great for causing panic infecting people, concussion grenade jumps All I can think when i play TF2 is What Went Wrong? i played TFC from its birth to its death (then ressurected it on LAN) and when TF2 was released i bought it then got bored after a day. All the creativity and skill has been sucked out with the loss of great maps, grenades especially the class specific one, medic packs great for causing panic infecting people, concussion grenade jumps for getting from A to B that little bit quicker, det packs, graphics not done by Disney. its a bog standard shooter now and not even a very good one, I'm all for recycling but after such a large amount of time from announcing the game to actually getting round to releasing it, you might have done all new maps with a rehash of the only ones as an extra. BRING BACK TFC! or at least make TF2 better. Expand
  49. AnonymousMC
    Feb 26, 2008
    Not altogether fun. Not even a little. The weapon reloads may be tolerable, barely, in a single player game, but for multiplayer it's just tediously absurd. Didn't really enjoy TFC, nor the Weapons Factory mods for Quake2 (Q2WF) and Unreal Tournament (WFUT) which were based on TFC. And I played those for many months until one evening while playing WFUT I asked myself "why amNot altogether fun. Not even a little. The weapon reloads may be tolerable, barely, in a single player game, but for multiplayer it's just tediously absurd. Didn't really enjoy TFC, nor the Weapons Factory mods for Quake2 (Q2WF) and Unreal Tournament (WFUT) which were based on TFC. And I played those for many months until one evening while playing WFUT I asked myself "why am I playing with these retarded dullards?". Now we have TF2 which is just the same damn game with, I'll concede this much, improved graphics and audio, and the same mentally disturbed children (in their 20's, 30's, 40's and probably even older) who absolutely refuse to say anything unless it's rude and belittling. And on a parallel note, UT3 also sucks along with TF2 and TFC; what's with the painfully slow "running" speeds? Quake4 and Doom3? Puh-Leeeeeeeeeeeze! Expand
  50. Chris
    May 10, 2008
    I don't understand why so many people have been shouting from the rooftops about this game. The graphics are amusing, but that's the high-point. The gameplay is rather erratic, some of the weapons seem quite pointless, and there definately is a lack of tactics compared to the previous Team Fortress. The whole "achievement" BS is just more meaningless crap, al-la BF2 and 2142. I don't understand why so many people have been shouting from the rooftops about this game. The graphics are amusing, but that's the high-point. The gameplay is rather erratic, some of the weapons seem quite pointless, and there definately is a lack of tactics compared to the previous Team Fortress. The whole "achievement" BS is just more meaningless crap, al-la BF2 and 2142. After someone's played this game for a day or two the gameplay has already been exhausted. Then bored people focus on a specific "goal" instead of actually playing the game. Fun. We waited what, 10 years? And *this* is what we get? I like you Valve, but this is a disappointment. -EmeralDragon P.S. I voted 0 simple to try and offset the stupid amount of 10's this has received. I can't believe this many people have voted it a 10. Metacritic must be accidently adding a 1. Expand
  51. AlistairM.
    May 31, 2008
    Looks like a cartoon and appeals to kids, but is awful to play, doesn't feel like a game, feels more like a beta for something better. Annoying two player partnerships mean newbies lose out very quickly. No fun, only have it as I got it free in the orange box.
  52. AnonymousMC
    May 4, 2008
    Great game till the achievement update came out. Its is a Medic-fest now, and the way Valve does the updates basing them on 6 month releases Per class. It has ruined this game to almost to a point of mmo status. grinding to 1m heal points and getting 20 kills while healing a heavy. I am afraid of what the next batch will be IF it gets released before the game totally dies out.
  53. GegolenS.
    Jun 27, 2008
    Not bad. Spies are overpowered and it lacks the class balance that the original QW TF had. Definitely better on the PC, don't even bother on a console.
  54. AbS.
    Jun 13, 2009
    This WAS a complete and fun game at 1 time. NOT NOW! Valve/Steam keeps changing classes - now the Scout class is the most powerful in close with all the new weapons. Which u would find kind odd if u ever played TFC, the heavy or pyro where the close up fights. The new sniper class gets 75%+ instant kills with his new bow and if instant kills arent enough u can throw a jar of piss on a This WAS a complete and fun game at 1 time. NOT NOW! Valve/Steam keeps changing classes - now the Scout class is the most powerful in close with all the new weapons. Which u would find kind odd if u ever played TFC, the heavy or pyro where the close up fights. The new sniper class gets 75%+ instant kills with his new bow and if instant kills arent enough u can throw a jar of piss on a player for even quicker kills, still dont understand how this works( i know its a game but thats messed up!). This game needs to revisited by critics, it does not deserve a Metascore of 92, maybe a 70ish. Myself I will never buy another Valve game again because once they fix the bugs in the game then they begin to change it. Which means more bugs, by the time they are done its not the game u paid for! Expand
  55. PhilipD.
    Aug 21, 2009
    I was originally hopefull of this game, but it's turned out to be quite a worthless game. I'm not gonna just spew "omg it sux"; here's why ithink it isn't a good game 1: The game has a very odd "balance". One class wins over the other no matter what you do. The solution would be to have teammates help you, but you can NOT control them. This mechanic works in RTS games, I was originally hopefull of this game, but it's turned out to be quite a worthless game. I'm not gonna just spew "omg it sux"; here's why ithink it isn't a good game 1: The game has a very odd "balance". One class wins over the other no matter what you do. The solution would be to have teammates help you, but you can NOT control them. This mechanic works in RTS games, not in FPS. 2: The game offers very little refreshing gameplay. Granted, the characters can be funny. But seriously, what is new about any of the classes? Everything has been applied in other games before, and mostly better too. 3: step-in playing. As soon as you enter any server, you get bashed untill you give up. The only way to achieve and learn the game is to either have an awesome team (wich renders you obsolete) or to have an empty server, and neither of those are fun. 4: a LOT of custom maps/mods downloading. It really eats trough your broadband, and a lot of peopel havbe monthly limits. 5: The game is very cartoony, and the humour may be nice to see, but the actual gameplay doesn't actually fit in. With such toony violence, you'd expect a fun gameplay, well guess again. 6: The only real reason this game is still standing is because of the constant updates. People say the replayability is infinite, but what would you expect when valve keeps updating every month? The game keeps changing and thus if you don't play for a while you can start all over again. You never actually achieve anything. In the end, i'm not very surprised the fanboys have rated this game so high. I saw the game when it was just out, and it was kind of ok, but now that the regular servers have all gone and replaced by modded servers, it's hard to find a good game. And then when you join, you'll just get insta-fragged by a "sniper" with a crossbow that is only gotten after grindign to a certain lvl.... Ifi want WOW, i'll play wow. I want an FPS, and this is certainly not one. Expand
  56. BlakeC.
    Sep 4, 2009
    this game was fun for a very long time and then the company brings out an item drop system that randomly drops while you play. Because the system was flawed and kept giving repeat items it made getting the items cumbersome and long. the company continued to promise trading of items and other things to help the "duplicate situation" but to this day has still done nothing. Due to this this game was fun for a very long time and then the company brings out an item drop system that randomly drops while you play. Because the system was flawed and kept giving repeat items it made getting the items cumbersome and long. the company continued to promise trading of items and other things to help the "duplicate situation" but to this day has still done nothing. Due to this broken system some people decided to "Idle" to gain weapons without having to actively play the whole time and TF2's developers thought it would be a good idea to give everyone who never idled a "Halo" that signifies them as a "noncheater" thereby instantly calling all idlers cheaters. this has split the TF2 community in two and people get banned from servers simply because they wear or don't wear a halo (depending on the situation). Basically in one foul swoop the company has destroyed their game and killed their fun-loving community. If you haven't purchased this game yet, don't because you'll be walking into a mindfield of disappointment Expand
  57. AnonymousMC
    Nov 26, 2007
    Game crashes all the time with looping sound. My experience is reverberated hundreds of times on message boards. Valve continues to produce buggy software year after year. Maybe they should win an award for that. Why game reviewers ignore these bugs is beyond me. Makes me think the reports are biased.
  58. AC
    Oct 19, 2007
    Does not match the old TF... got rid of grenades, faking death, demopacks, and much more. The maps seem to be shorter and the over all feel just leaves me unsatisfied. All these years of waiting for this? I say take it back and maybe in a year or two more you may just have the right stuff.
  59. KayB.
    Dec 11, 2007
    Pretty to look at. Boring to play. No depth of play. Grew stale very quickly. Very overrated by both critics and players. If you are looking for a game for the weekend, rent it on your console. You'll tire of it before you need to return it.
  60. B.B.
    Aug 27, 2008
    The only reason you should own this game is you bought the Orange Box. Graphics are entertaining for the first time playing but graphics alone aren't enough to make a game. Reasons against (or for, depending on your age) are simple: Valve took a game like DoD that is class based, removed all teamwork required aspects such as capturing any given point, dumbed down any gameplay they The only reason you should own this game is you bought the Orange Box. Graphics are entertaining for the first time playing but graphics alone aren't enough to make a game. Reasons against (or for, depending on your age) are simple: Valve took a game like DoD that is class based, removed all teamwork required aspects such as capturing any given point, dumbed down any gameplay they could find, and then asked the creator of Loony Toons to be the head graphical designer. If you are on the fence about this game, just imagine a Buggs Bunny version of Call of Duty, minus any objectives. Expand
  61. AnonymousMC
    Mar 28, 2009
    The worst game ever was, gameplay sucks, physics bad, i agree with Maoi M, this is a terrible game, i bought this game for 49$ and im so disappointed, i could get better game for 49$.
    its not worth the cost, do not buy this game if you dont want to waste money.
  62. JoshuaS
    Apr 14, 2009
    Team Fortress 2 has two things going well for it: a quirky visual style that could only be mistaken for the next big 3D film, and a cast of memorable characters whose every line seems to spawn an internet meme all to itself. Unfortunately, the downsides are utterly terrible hit-detection and even worse lag compensation, and the use of "hax" is far too commonplace among the game's Team Fortress 2 has two things going well for it: a quirky visual style that could only be mistaken for the next big 3D film, and a cast of memorable characters whose every line seems to spawn an internet meme all to itself. Unfortunately, the downsides are utterly terrible hit-detection and even worse lag compensation, and the use of "hax" is far too commonplace among the game's players. These issues will not always be noticed by new or casual players, but to a hardcore gamer they make Team Fortress 2 frustrating at the best of times and unplayable at the worst. Expand
  63. HelpU
    Jul 19, 2009
    *Sigh* I had some good times with this game... A good 40 hours.... But only when I found out the recipe for disaster in the game which lets you actually predict who is going to win the games... If your team likes to all go one class.... Don't expect to win. It gets ridiculous. I mean one minute we are good and we are going to win.... Next everyone all of a sudden turns sniper or *Sigh* I had some good times with this game... A good 40 hours.... But only when I found out the recipe for disaster in the game which lets you actually predict who is going to win the games... If your team likes to all go one class.... Don't expect to win. It gets ridiculous. I mean one minute we are good and we are going to win.... Next everyone all of a sudden turns sniper or engie. Its actually kinda sad to see thing turn around like that. I don't know what they were thinking the original actually had a limit on classes but now... The game is too noob friendly don't expect to get any kind of strategy out of your teams... They will all turn sniper. Its pretty evident that this game is directed toward a noob way of thinking. So if you actually want to get hardcore into it like counter-strike. think again otherwise your a noob. Expand
  64. Dec 8, 2010
    Im not even gonna slam the game, after all , its a game. However its developers like Valve that are killing the pc scene and why more and more are going to the consoles. If i sell you something and then come over to your house and break it, would you be ok with that? ?Im not. I bought this game and then Valve came over to my house and broke it! They really should look at the stats beforeIm not even gonna slam the game, after all , its a game. However its developers like Valve that are killing the pc scene and why more and more are going to the consoles. If i sell you something and then come over to your house and break it, would you be ok with that? ?Im not. I bought this game and then Valve came over to my house and broke it! They really should look at the stats before drastically changing a game and forcing everyone to accept it. I believe TF2 had quite a community before all the changes and if they thought that changing it would draw more people to the community then why not offer alternate servers? Original flavor and..., Dumbed down version. Then at least those who supported the game before would still get what they paid for. Is it just me?... or does it always seems to fall in the laps of the mod community, to save a game and the pc experience. Expand
  65. Jun 5, 2011
    Back when this game was first released, I would have given it a score of 10. Its' art style was (and still is) unique and a nice change from all the other shooters out there. The game was very balanced, fun and, at the time, my favorite game to play whenever I had the chance. Frankly, I was entirely addicted to this game back in those days. Valve used to regularly update the game to fixBack when this game was first released, I would have given it a score of 10. Its' art style was (and still is) unique and a nice change from all the other shooters out there. The game was very balanced, fun and, at the time, my favorite game to play whenever I had the chance. Frankly, I was entirely addicted to this game back in those days. Valve used to regularly update the game to fix bugs, change the balance somewhat (usually in a good way) and add new maps that were always high-quality and just as good as the maps that shipped with the game at first.
    However, later on Valve started with the "class updates" which 1 by 1 gave each class unlockable weapons that could be unlocked by completing class-specific achievements. At this point, I started enjoying the game less with every "class update" that was released. Reason for this is that the developers messed these updates up incredibly badly. First of all, they released them 1 by 1, which meant that you often had entire servers full of people that were playing the same class, because they all wanted to unlock the new goodies as soon as possible. And this then happened again and again and again for every class update that was released.
    Now, this was only temporary so I could have waited and then later on started playing when things calmed down again. However, at that point I realised that the unlockable weapons each class received were, often, just plain bat**** insane. And I dont mean that in a funny way. These unlocks were retarded.
    For instance, they gave the Heavy a sandwich as an unlock, which would replace the shotgun. A sandwich in a FPS. A SANDWICH. Then the Demoman received a large sword which could replace the grenade launcher. This sword allowed him to practically teleport 5-10 metres to his front to try and quickly slash his opponent to pieces even though the game was never, ever up to that point in any way focused on melee attacks. Of course, the developers, in their infinite wisdom, probably intended for something good to come out of these unlocks, but in my opinion, they only changed the game for the worse in so many ways that I just cant describe them all here.
    But clearly Valve wasn't done butchering the game yet. They introduced a hat system. You can earn hats for your characters by playing the game for long enough. While I personally think that in itself isnt that bad (you can just ignore the feature, though it's, quite frankly, retarded to the bone) they then added a whole RPG-like crafting system where you can basically put together several items you've earned by playing and then build stuff, like hats, out of these items. And then, for good measure, they added a trade system.
    The result? When the players aren't busy trying to get complete some achievements to unlock items, they spend most of their time looking for people to trade items and hats with and don't really play the game at all. Everybody is more focused on getting nice items and wearing the most retarded looking hats on their character while in-game. Quite frankly, the game is nothing like what it was at release, in a very, very bad way. What was at first my favorite all-time game, I can't enjoy for even 5 minutes anymore at the moment.
  66. Jun 24, 2011
    I don't mean to insult any Team Fortress 2 fans. I love that game. The reason i gave it a 2 though, is because it is now free-to-play. This I find to be an outrage. Until I get a refund my score will remain this way for eternity. I don't hate the game. I just hate that **** money was spent towards a game that eventually became free to play. What is $20 to much for some of you to bear? WellI don't mean to insult any Team Fortress 2 fans. I love that game. The reason i gave it a 2 though, is because it is now free-to-play. This I find to be an outrage. Until I get a refund my score will remain this way for eternity. I don't hate the game. I just hate that **** money was spent towards a game that eventually became free to play. What is $20 to much for some of you to bear? Well how about the people who did spend $20 to buy it? Valve is practically giving you money out of our hard-earned coin. So valve is stealing our money without the owners consent. Unbelievable. 2, you **** robbers. Expand
  67. Jun 27, 2011
    The game was good but since I have free is the worst, very bad. Always saturated, can not find server when the going is slow. Shame trust this company at the time you buy the game to find this..
    El juego era bueno pero desde que lo han puesto gratis es lo peor, malisimo. Siempre saturado, no encuentra servidores, cuando los encuentra va fatal. Una pena confiar en esta empresa en el momento que compre el juego para encontrarme esto.
  68. Oct 20, 2011
    Valve wypuszcza nowe aktualizacje bez testowania co uniemożliwia przyjemnÄ
  69. Nov 3, 2011
    This is a great game. It is a lot of fun. However, valve always manages to break the game. It crashes a lot. This has been an issue with the game for quite a long time and still was not solved. I bought this game from the very start and I accompanied the progress of the game from the start all the way to now and it has been degrading ever since. Don't take me wrong, the new weapons areThis is a great game. It is a lot of fun. However, valve always manages to break the game. It crashes a lot. This has been an issue with the game for quite a long time and still was not solved. I bought this game from the very start and I accompanied the progress of the game from the start all the way to now and it has been degrading ever since. Don't take me wrong, the new weapons are great, but in terms of stability, it's just horrible.

When they made it free it just became worst. Valve, fix your ****
  70. Nov 10, 2011
    I played TF2 back in 2008 and it was really fun to play. But re-installing it after years in 2011 really wasn't worth the time. While the gameplay is the same, get the enemy briefcase, capture all enemy points etc. the game itself turned from a fun FPS into a pointless hat-collector.

But I won't criticise the game for it's 5-12 year old community collecting as many hats as they can, for me it's the quality that makes the game bad compared to how it was back in 2008. Everywhere you look you see unfinished and re-re-used animations and taunts, as well as unbalanced weapons like the "Equalizer" or the "Solemn Vow" that make their standard counterparts just useless. It's not the quality I expected from Valve Software.

It seems TF2 is now Valve's money making machine. People buy the items that the folks at Valve haven't even made themselves (they just ask the community to make them) and add them without even giving them proper animations, stats what so ever. Seems like Valve spent the majority of their time on giving the menu class images hats.

As for the graphics you can already see that the game is out there for a long time. However, the cartoon style is still something you don't see in any other game and they're still fun to look at, even tho' the so called "Very High" settings looks like Crysis on "Medium".

A 3/10 from me.
  71. Jun 26, 2012
    Great graphics, utterly terrible gameplay. You know Valve staff don't play this, because it wasn't playtested before or after launch. Mid-match shuffles (& buy protection from same), 1234 items that come with 2346 silly, complicated rules and penalties utterly kills this game. You can try to play to win, but you can be sure the other members of your random team will just stand and snipeGreat graphics, utterly terrible gameplay. You know Valve staff don't play this, because it wasn't playtested before or after launch. Mid-match shuffles (& buy protection from same), 1234 items that come with 2346 silly, complicated rules and penalties utterly kills this game. You can try to play to win, but you can be sure the other members of your random team will just stand and snipe or stand around and not care about the gamemode objective - any of them. If you're thinking about paying for a game, don't buy this one. As soon as the novelty wears off, it will simply be exactly how it was designed - utterly pointless to play. Go for a proper multiplayer shooter, this ain't it. It's terrible. Expand
  72. Jul 1, 2012
    This game oh man this game.What a utter sack of **** this game is, Riddle me this players giving this game after 2011 a 10/10 score, what is it about this ''amazing'' ''game'' that makes it deserve a perfect score? The answer is nothing, nothing at all. You know what i miss about this game? Well i mean its not like the game has no team work whats so ever and its not like every class hasThis game oh man this game.What a utter sack of **** this game is, Riddle me this players giving this game after 2011 a 10/10 score, what is it about this ''amazing'' ''game'' that makes it deserve a perfect score? The answer is nothing, nothing at all. You know what i miss about this game? Well i mean its not like the game has no team work whats so ever and its not like every class has overpowered uber weapons is it? Heres the short of it, Valve has made a money sucking abomination out of game that once required some thing resembling skill. Now its just a game filled with **** autistic kids who have nothing to do except play a Mature game and breathe heavily into their mikes begging you for one of those **** hats. 10/10 for a unbalanced camper/hacker/greifer feast with meaninglessness iteam and stupid children? Ill pass. Expand
  73. Sep 17, 2012
    This game is not a good choice for those that won't/can't buy weapons, or have bad luck finding them, in order to even out the player field. Many weapons are way too overpowered, making it too easy to kill groups of players in seconds. The aspect of the game is good and you'll find good teamwork if you find the right server. But it's mostly filled with 12yr olds who beg for anything youThis game is not a good choice for those that won't/can't buy weapons, or have bad luck finding them, in order to even out the player field. Many weapons are way too overpowered, making it too easy to kill groups of players in seconds. The aspect of the game is good and you'll find good teamwork if you find the right server. But it's mostly filled with 12yr olds who beg for anything you have. And there are players so overpowered that all they do is concentrate on finding/buying, or trading for, hats. Expand
  74. Oct 6, 2012
    What was going to be a "fun" game turned out **** graphic weapons and of course the crappy scattergun. They made the demoman to spawnkill everyone in the **** server, pyro to make people rage, and spy to annoy people. When you get on a server you get kicked by everyone if you are 6-10 years old. All This game was made for is to spawn, kill, and die with the process starting all over again.What was going to be a "fun" game turned out **** graphic weapons and of course the crappy scattergun. They made the demoman to spawnkill everyone in the **** server, pyro to make people rage, and spy to annoy people. When you get on a server you get kicked by everyone if you are 6-10 years old. All This game was made for is to spawn, kill, and die with the process starting all over again. And to top it off mvm sucks. Why? Your hand hurts after playing against a.i ed robots just like training mode only with worse a.i mobs. Conclusion: Tf2 Sucks **** Expand
  75. Mar 24, 2013
    This game USED to be amazing. It USED to be one of the greatest games on the PC. Sadly, now it is absolutely horrible. I have put over 1k hours into the game, which shows that I used to love this game, but now it's all gone ot trash. I am not going to complain about the whole "F2P added 9 million noobs to the game" crap, but that is a downside. The problem is that it is no longer a classThis game USED to be amazing. It USED to be one of the greatest games on the PC. Sadly, now it is absolutely horrible. I have put over 1k hours into the game, which shows that I used to love this game, but now it's all gone ot trash. I am not going to complain about the whole "F2P added 9 million noobs to the game" crap, but that is a downside. The problem is that it is no longer a class vs. class shooter because of everything they added. The hundreds of weapons has ruined the game because it has made all the classes too versatile. A team could win because it had a superior team composition with good players (the way it SHOULD be) but now it is whoever has the greatest laser weapon and the rarest hat. Expand
  76. Nov 10, 2013
    Lots of content updates. Very little game fixing updates. Mostly cosmetic bandaids and pretty hats to fill up your inventory to keep you from forgetting your game will lock up, crash, and not get patched for 2 months.
  77. Mar 30, 2014
    Used to be really good, but the increasing amount of bugs, performance issues, crashes and flat out broken weapons combined with Valve's completely non-existing incentive to communicate with or properly listen to the playerbase, or even just their hesitance to implement the tons of different fixes that the community has made for them through the years, will make me give the game a scoreUsed to be really good, but the increasing amount of bugs, performance issues, crashes and flat out broken weapons combined with Valve's completely non-existing incentive to communicate with or properly listen to the playerbase, or even just their hesitance to implement the tons of different fixes that the community has made for them through the years, will make me give the game a score of 1 now.

Go buy the game if you want a little fun in the start, but you better be lucky with your setup to not have bad performance, and you will eventually grow tired of Valve's neglect and realize why I'm right.
  78. Jun 18, 2014
    This game is not in anyway good, for one there is this kid called Wolfgang (his steam account), he is literally a twelve. This game used to be about having fun, but has now developed into a source of money for Valve.
  79. Sep 1, 2014
    It's a pretty good game, but one thing RUINS it. It is absolutely horrible for people that aren't very good at it. It is full of very experienced people which ruin the game for less experienced people. For the people that are awesome at it - it's insanely fun, and for the average people it is an absolute nightmare and that is enough for me to remove 6 points. 4.
  80. Apr 14, 2015

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.