9.2

1. Jan 4, 2012
    Whenever someone thinks of PC gaming, they should think of Team Fortress 2. This game, along with Counter-Strike, has made the FPS genre as it stands possible. The theme is cartoony to match the tongue-in-cheek approach the dev team is taking to death with their sarcastic, satirical humor. Blog posts, shot comics, and constant updates add to an ever increasingly confusing and hilariously strange back-story with absolutely no practical application in game, except to give a base for community-made hats. Did I forget to mention hats, weapons, classes, community maps, mods, and the digitalized hide-and-seek mode of prophunt? Expand
  2. Mar 29, 2012
    Very good game , good graphics , funny and creative characters , impresive skills , at least every month a update , its f*cking fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 810
  3. Apr 6, 2012
    One of the best PC games of all time, and it's FREE. There are no reasons for you to NOT download it and at least try it out, but I can bet you'll be sucked in by the perfect, meticulously balanced gameplay, the original visual art style or by the quirky comic books and videos Valve releases once in a while, it's a fun game to play, to discuss and be a part of.
  4. May 7, 2012
    For a f2p it's a nice game.The graphics are fun and the classes are good, but the hat stuff ruined it, and mega HP is annoying.I only played 2 hours and got bored, so 5/10.
  5. Dec 9, 2012
    This is, by far, the most balanced multiplayer game I have ever played in my life. Add in a cartoonish art design, 9 likable characters with their own unique skills and personalities, an unfathomable amount of items, the longest list of achievements for any Steam title, make it free to play, and what you get is the most incredible concoction ever imagined. It has yet to be triumphed, let alone matched, by any other multiplayer title, even after 5 years. Forget every other rage-inducing, mindless shooter, this game is king, and should be treasured for how brilliant and well-polished it is. Expand
  6. Jun 4, 2012
    What can I say, the game is just fun as **** I think they've gone a bit overboard with all the different weapons/hats - some kind of vanilla mode for servers would be a nice option - but at least there are alternative methods to acquire everything beyond having to pay for them.
  7. Aug 26, 2012
    The BEST fps ever! Back in Beta (2006) it was one of a kind, unique.And the graphics are still good for a 6 year old game! Many copied the game. but there's only one TF2! ( Games similar (COPIED) Micro Volts, Final Combat, Battlefield Heroes) Now any of you who hate it, you...probably spent your life playing COD, Roblox, Runescape.
  8. Jun 9, 2012
    In an Era of graphically demanding First Person Shooters, Team Fortress 2 is a Gem. It can Run smoothly on integrated graphics. Fun and Unique Gameplay. Epic Chaos and Mayhem happening in various maps and game modes. The cartoony graphics is visually appealing and beautiful.
  9. Jun 24, 2012
    TF2 is one of the funnest games on PC with near-endless replay value. It keeps making me want to come back to play it! I don't see it as a serious game at all, just a game where I can have fun, which is what made the updates so effective to me. People complain about the fact that the updates ruined the game, but I disagree. At least they CARE about the community and add items which you DON'T have to buy. Another point is that the game is VERY balanced and Valve try to make each weapon have its unique disadvantages that can be countered by another weapon. Because of each class being balanced and having it's unique weakness I feel as is TF2 is a very skillful game that makes you focus on what class to choose with what weapon in order to counter the opposing team and win. There are a couple of bad points to the game however. One is that Valve made specific items buy-able only, and seeing as the prices of nearly EVERY item in the shop are outrageous (I mean £3.50 to change the name of a weapon?!? and £2 to change its colour?!?). One of the reasons for the outrageous prices may be the fact that the game is now free to play, so it may be a little difficult to make profits. Another little flaw to the game is its critical hit system, as it takes A lot of skill out of the game. Expand
  10. Jun 26, 2012
    Great graphics, utterly terrible gameplay. You know Valve staff don't play this, because it wasn't playtested before or after launch. Mid-match shuffles (& buy protection from same), 1234 items that come with 2346 silly, complicated rules and penalties utterly kills this game. You can try to play to win, but you can be sure the other members of your random team will just stand and snipe or stand around and not care about the gamemode objective - any of them. If you're thinking about paying for a game, don't buy this one. As soon as the novelty wears off, it will simply be exactly how it was designed - utterly pointless to play. Go for a proper multiplayer shooter, this ain't it. It's terrible. Expand
  11. Jul 17, 2012
    At first I was hesitant about this game for how minimalistic it was compared to TFC, however it quickly grew on me. The game is far more balanced than its predecessor, and boy is this one well polished multiplayer FPS. At free-ninety-nine the price is more than right for this game, and they've done an excellent job of not making new items overpowered than any of the originals. All the classes and item layouts are extremely well balanced for how much variety there is, the gameplay is tight as hell and smooth as butter. Map designs are good but not great, with the exception of Payload maps which are excellent. My one qualm with this game is the crates - 2.50 for a **** key? Give me a break!! You can buy most of the items that you directly want for .50-1.00, but to open a crate which gives a completely random chance of getting the item you want (more often than not you don't get it). 2.50 for 10 keys seems like a much more logical deal. Oh well though, the game is in my opinion the best multiplayer experience as far as FPS goes at the moment, with no games in sight overtaking it in the foreseeable future. It's the starcraft 2 of FPS multiplayer, it's that good. Expand
  12. Jul 16, 2012
    You might be a bit confused by me giving this game a 7 (it may not actually say 7, cuz it wouldnt stay that way when i clicked submit. My true review score is 7/10) when I tell you that this is my favorite game in the entire world. I read through at least a few dozen negative reviews and realized that a lot of them brought up very good points. I got this game back in 2009, only shortly before it went F2P. At first, I was kicking myself for not waiting another few months to get it. I still feel that way to this day. But after reading so many reviews complaining about "whiny little kids".........I realized that they we right. The **** that people will buy on the steam store turns them invincible. Amd when they die, they always, and I mean ALWAYS, scream their **** lungs off. Now I'm GLAD I got a few months free of whining and being destroyed by a demo night. It ruins the game. And while I still love it more than any other game, I admit it has been hurt DRASTICALLY by becoming F2P. I'm almost pleading valve to either make you pay for it again, nerf the weapons, or both. I hope you guys take what I said into consideration. Nonetheless, I highly recommend the game if you're looking for a wild good time, where you can get decapitated with a golf club and not question how. :) Expand
  13. Jul 28, 2012
    Overall it is a brilliantly designed game. It is not your average FPS. Team Fortress 2 offers a variety of characters, each with completely different specializations, weapons, visual aspects and personalities. It combines fictional aspects, humor and "toony" looks for various reasons. Many other first person shooters have an in-game shop that usually includes stronger weapons and items that you must have to be successful. Team Fortress 2, also known as TF2 provides a shop that merely contains extra items that add effects to your character or help you to obtain weapons that can usually be obtained in-game either by picking them up, trading or crafting them yourself. Team Fortress 2 is based around balance. Nothing is "the best," everything is based around different tasks a player may need to complete. Each character has specific roles that are more successful when used in the right place, at the right time. Every weapon is unique, some have special abilities with a cost to offset the ability's potency. The graphics are cartoonish to add humor and allow even the slowest of computers to play it smoothly. Everything in TF2 has humor. TF2 adds humor, such as pyroland. Pyroland was recently released as a part of the Pyro storyline. It is a cheerful alteration to TF2, featuring brightly colored maps with candyland like aspects. Pyroland also features players with high pitched voices, new weapons and gear, and new word spoofs like "DOMINATION" is now "BEST FRIENDS". I personally think this is the best fps I've ever played because of its unique comedy, balance, and game-play. Expand
  14. Aug 1, 2012
    The finest example of what most multiplayer games should be and what games nowadays should try to be like. Fun. Most games today are trying to be realistic , something video games shouldn't be all about . What team fortress 2 does is breaks most rules of physics and logic and creates a fun, balanced, multiplayer fps that updates regularly. Not to mention it is free (although many would say it is a bad thing) so if you have a fast, working Pc/Mac this game is a must. Expand
  15. Sep 22, 2012
    Best of the best game! With out comments! The most highly regarded free game in history!
    As one of the most popular multiplayer action games of all time, Team Fortress 2 is constantly evolving with ongoing free updates, with whom in the game, new game modes, maps, items, and, most importantly, hats. Nine game classes will open access to many different tactics.
  16. Sep 13, 2012
    It's difficult to rate this game as it steadily decreases in refined quality with each update, particularly promotional updates that tend to ruin the design ethos. Each weapon released feels like it was beta tested by monkeys, often needing to be rebalanced upon public release, but unfortunately not being balanced until months, if not years down the line. The shere volume of unlocks is overwhelming for new players alienating large numbers of players including the entire F2P player base. Expand
  17. Sep 23, 2012
    I'm never a fan of Multiplayer games. But this game just blows everything away. I always get bored of games eventually. However with the games updates I can keep coming back to it year after year... Plus it's free! So what are you doing? Get downloading!
  18. Sep 27, 2012
    I gave this a 9/10 simply because there is no Free For All. I started seriously playing PC fpses back in 2007, and COD4 had just been released so I went crazy over the Free for all mode. However, I bought TF2 in the beginning of summer 2009 for $20 and it was honestly the biggest bang for my buck I have EVER gotten (and now it is F2P). If you don't even try this game... wow. Most unique FPS ever. Expand
  19. Oct 8, 2012
    wow, where can i start? its free, and fun, and funny, and its by valve. one of the best PC games ever made, probebly the best multiplayer ever made, or at least the free one. i just cant say anything else, its just a master peace, bravo valve you did it again!
  20. Dec 6, 2012
    This game is perfect. it outmatches a lot of other FPS Games out there. and the best thing about this game is that it's free. Valve keeps the game really up to date to. This is probably one of the most addicting games i've ever played. i just couldn't stop playing...
  21. Jan 9, 2013
    This game is amazing. I can't believe this game is so great, and it's only multiplayer. And the best part is that it's FREE! Sure, there are some people who buy the more advanced weapons, but cool thing is that you can earn the weapons. Unlike TDP4. This game is amazing.
  22. Nov 20, 2012
    Greatest game of all time. You can spend up to 10,000 hours and still be addictive.
  23. Jul 1, 2013
    To put it shortly, Valve's Team Fortress 2 is "The gift that keeps on giving all year long." There's really no reason you shouldn't be playing TF2, especially considering the price (free).
  24. Dec 22, 2012
    I don't normally give games 10's. It's not something I do casually. But after considering the fact that I can't think of a single significant thing I would change about TF2, and noticing that I've spent over 800 hours on it with no sign of stopping I really can't give it anything else.

It's really fun to play casually, I relax with TF2 when I'm stressed. It's fun to play more seriously
    because it's surprisingly deep. The classes are well balanced and distinct from each other. The graphical style is fantastic. It's not just pretty it's well designed from a utility perspective. For example every class has a unique sillouete that's instantly recognizable. This makes understanding what's going on in frantic firefights, and they're always frantic, very easy. Every facet of the game has that kind of polish and thought put into it.

Unlike some online games *cough* L4D2 *cough* the community is mostly friendly and tolerant. It's rare to see players kicked for no good reason and people aren't prone to rage every time something goes wrong. If the teams are seriously unbalanced more often then not the team with the advantage will vote in favor of a team scramble to even things out. I realize that isn't part of the literal game but I think it's important to mention about a title that's completely multiplayer based. TF2 is made more fun to play by the fact that the average TF2 player is not a total jerk.
  25. Dec 23, 2012
    Absolutely awesome, so much better than cod and battlefield! The Heavy is especially epic! The humor, the action, the dlc and everything about this game makes it the best free to play game ever!
  26. Jan 9, 2013
    This game can provide you mindless fun, or a very deep gameplay depending on what do you want. I've spent about 1000 hours on this game and it still feels fresh. Some users can be very annoying though, but this game it's one of my all-time favourites. The classes are balanced, and teamwork is essential. A game that you must play, overall, because it's completely free.
  27. Jan 10, 2013
    The cartoony graphics, characters and weapons make for a fun FPS experience. Something is always going on in TF2 and moments of boredom are rare. The player can choose to dress the 9 classes up with different (purely cosmetic) hats and misc. items and if he feels like giving his team a high-five, he can. A wide variety of weapons is always a good thing. The classes and weapons are very balanced which is quite impressive considering the amount of available weapons and he 9 vastly different classes. Kills are not that important, instead the game tries to guide you to help your team and what is remarkable is that in TF you can have a good life without killing a single person. You can't be MVP without being credit to team. Overall a great game. Expand
  28. Jan 14, 2013
    This game is the best. i thought that TF2 was going to be just like TFC(team fortress classic). i was not disappointed when i saw that tf2 was way better than tfc. this is an awesome game. get it. 10 10 10 10 10
  29. Jan 13, 2013
    Team Fortress 2 has to be the most fun you will ever have. Nine characters - the scout, the soldier, the pyro, the demoman, the engineer, the heavy, the medic, the sniper, and my favorite, the spy. Anyone who does not have this game needs to get it right away, it's free. It's the best game I've ever played on steam, get it, play it, love it.
  30. Jan 19, 2013
    Sheer Fun! Its actually an FPS I actually like. Mastering classes is the best part. It'll never gets old. Loads of updates and unloackables are spectacle! Totally never gets boring. LOADS AND LOADS of maps! Good humor and even though its graphics engine isnt any ''new'' its good enough since the art style is awesome. The only, ONLY thing wrong is the people you play with. Most of them are morons who swear and ask for free items. The Trade is easy and helpful and the far too many technuiqes to use. Expand

The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.