Team Fortress 2 PC

9.1

1. Dec 4, 2010
    This game is PC gamer's essential. You can't call yourself a PC gamer and not at least try this game. The art style is unique and appealing. The gameplay varies dramatically from map to map, requiring the player to create new strategies and work with their team n order to succeed. If you employ the classes properly you should never get stuck, unable to proceed.
    The community is a
    The community is a nice bunch of people.
    The game has it's own charm, that keeps a big, goofy smile on your face the whole time you play it, maybe it's the art style, maybe it's the art style, maybe it's the personalities that each of the classes has, maybe it's how the game sort of makes fun of itself and takes itself so un-seriously.
    There are frequent updates that keep adding new items and features that get the whole community excited and with good reason, these new items can throw a real curve ball in the right situation.
    Lastly, whether you buy the game separately or in the deal of the century that is the Orange Box, the price is always right to buy a copy of Team Fortress 2. So what are you waiting for, go and fire up Steam, and download it, you will not regret it.
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece. Period... The graphics, the controls, the team effort for winning another fight and the constant updates and new items you can get.... It´s great. One of the best games i ever played.
  3. Apr 25, 2012
    A masterpiece. this game is a truly worthwhile shooter for the ages. gameplay is fun, and balanced. character customization is expensive, but if your into that kind of thing thats cool. the game as a whole is awesome looking, sounding, feeling, and playing. why are you still reading this? go play it! its FREE!
  4. Jan 3, 2012
    This is one of the best shooter games that I have ever played (if not the best)! It's so great that it's really hard to describe into words. What I really have to like is the graphics. I think that the animated graphics are so great that it may even put Pixar to shame. However, the gameplay is where this game really shines. I had a lot of fun mowing down thousands of enemies as aThis is one of the best shooter games that I have ever played (if not the best)! It's so great that it's really hard to describe into words. What I really have to like is the graphics. I think that the animated graphics are so great that it may even put Pixar to shame. However, the gameplay is where this game really shines. I had a lot of fun mowing down thousands of enemies as a heavy, completing hard objectives as a scout, and using total stealth as a spy. As for the gameplay modes, I'm happy they just stuck to the classic capture the flag, payload, and control points rather than coming up with something new. If they just did something new, I probably wouldn't have liked it as much. My only real problem with this game is the lack of a mini-map. It is really hard to navigate through the battlefield without one. However, the rest of the game more than makes up for this. Before I played this game, I had also played Star Wars Battlefront. Star Wars Battlefront is amazing, but if you ask me, its got nothing on this. To here I thought Star Wars Battlefront was this good; I stand corrected. Expand
  5. Nov 13, 2011
    TF2 really has a way of making this game incredibly fun to play. 9 classes, all with changing weapons, outfits, accessories. There's also an ability to craft items, trade them, and even purchase 100's of items in-game using real life cash. I believe the game is free to play also. u really can't go wrong with that!!!!!
  6. Nov 17, 2011
    Greatest multiplayer experience i've had in any game. It's not about the weapons or actual combat it's all about the community! Greatest community alive. Jumping around spamming voice commands, youtube videos, GMod associated. I met a lot of my best friends through Team Fortress 2. The hats are also cool too. So are the characters. Yeah.
  7. Nov 20, 2011
    TF2 really puts the fun back in the FPS genre imo. The games been out awhile but I still have a blast playing it. Oh and I love my hats :D. I know this review doesn't tell you much but if you love fast paced truly team based FPS fun that doesn't take itself too seriously and blends a creative art style with just the right amount of comedy then TF2 is the game of your dreams.
  8. Nov 20, 2011
    As a "free to play noob", I would rate this game a 10. Valve constantly releases updates and it has great replay value. Each of the nine classes have their benefits and disadvantages, which balances out great. Thank you Valve for this fantastic shooter!
  9. Nov 20, 2011
    This game is amazing. I totally recommend it for everybody. The style is great, because you can use it the way you want. You can find a lot of items, or buy a few from the store. I love this game. It is a pretty hard game to get used to at first though. Once you get used to it, its great.
  10. Dec 15, 2011
    I got this game as soon as it came out and can't bear to think about the hours I've put into playing it. Luckily its still enjoyable now, which is amazing given its age. My only slight issue is the game does require strategy (especially around medics) and online games are weak on that aspect, which can make it frustrating. Still its an amazing game and now its free there can bge noI got this game as soon as it came out and can't bear to think about the hours I've put into playing it. Luckily its still enjoyable now, which is amazing given its age. My only slight issue is the game does require strategy (especially around medics) and online games are weak on that aspect, which can make it frustrating. Still its an amazing game and now its free there can bge no argument for not playing it. Expand
  11. Jan 4, 2012
    The graphics are something to cherish due to that cartoony feeling, and the gameplay is extremely decent if you can handle the MLG multiplayer. Overall, if you know how to use the characters to choose from and which is your favorite, you'll find this a blast to play.
  12. Dec 21, 2011
    The best overall shooter game I've ever played, very creative and original as well. The fact that the game now is completely free and gets massive regular updates, and has hundreds of community created maps makes this perhaps the best game I have ever played, and I rarely give out 10 / 10!
  13. Dec 24, 2011
    It's balanced, it's addictive, and you can play it for hundreds of hours without stopping. Yes, my friends, this is the world of Team Fortress 2, a highly addictive and stylized free to play multiplayer game. It does look simple, but it's a very complex shooter at its heart and caters to all forms of gameplay.
  14. Dec 27, 2011
    One of the few games I'll give 10/10. I've played this more than any other multiplayer game (800 hours). There are nine classes, each truly unique from the next, with a limitless number of strategies, tactics, etc. Played this game all through college and still loving it.
  15. May 3, 2012
    I wouldn't really fully recommend this to any old school gamer, but for free it's one of the best games ever. VALVe have done an amazing job making their games available free to play for all, with premium access to the Orange Box buyers, so now VALVe can bring in lots more players that weren't previously aware of their awesome games. Only problem I find with it is most of the community,I wouldn't really fully recommend this to any old school gamer, but for free it's one of the best games ever. VALVe have done an amazing job making their games available free to play for all, with premium access to the Orange Box buyers, so now VALVe can bring in lots more players that weren't previously aware of their awesome games. Only problem I find with it is most of the community, and the unseriousness of the gameplay. The hats, the items, they just don't do it for me. TFC was all about teamwork, shooting, and plain seriousness. Whereas with TF2, it's all just joking, cartoon-y, hats, items, trading...You get the point. I like the game, and I still recommend it to everyone, but It's just not for me. Expand
  16. Apr 6, 2012
    One of the best PC games of all time, and it's FREE. There are no reasons for you to NOT download it and at least try it out, but I can bet you'll be sucked in by the perfect, meticulously balanced gameplay, the original visual art style or by the quirky comic books and videos Valve releases once in a while, it's a fun game to play, to discuss and be a part of.
  17. Jun 9, 2012
    In an Era of graphically demanding First Person Shooters, Team Fortress 2 is a Gem. It can Run smoothly on integrated graphics. Fun and Unique Gameplay. Epic Chaos and Mayhem happening in various maps and game modes. The cartoony graphics is visually appealing and beautiful.
  18. Aug 27, 2012
    This is one of the best games i ever played. I looked at the negative reviews and it seems lots of people complain that they dont get hats right away or believe the hats make other people better. They complain about being bad and saying theres no balance when there really is just gotta pay attention and know what you're doing.
    Give this game a try. All the extra weapons arent better just
    Give this game a try. All the extra weapons arent better just go with play styles so try them out and have fun. And a tip: The 2 keys you'll probably buy to become premium can be used to get most of the game weapons or get a hat and 3 stranges for the class you'll mostly like use as your main one and some weapons you'll use in the game as you find drops. Tf2 official wiki and tf2 spreadsheet a great resource of information and pricing.
  19. Dec 19, 2012
    I think this game is too good to be for free. It's highly addicting and original to the max. It updates very often... you just have to play it to understand just how great the updates are. And the deals, oh the deals! Valve is just too generous.
  20. Apr 1, 2013
    This game is almost perfect, the best balanced FPS ever.

Team Fortress 2 is a mix of using well-thought classes and weapons, changing classes and equipment dynamically and counter the class and equipment of the opponent. Fight your way through 60 official and over 300 notable user-made custom maps, survive and kill in 8 official and at least 10 notable custom gamemode, reaching from
    This game is almost perfect, the best balanced FPS ever.

Fight your way through 60 official and over 300 notable user-made custom maps, survive and kill in 8 official and at least 10 notable custom gamemode, reaching from Capture the Flag over Prophunt to King of the Hill.

A lovely style of graphic, perfect voice actors (at least in english), funny voice clips and especially the balancing do the rest.

Now to the best of all: The F2P system. Its completely unique for a F2P shooter to not be P2W as PlanetSide or AVA, to name two other Steam F2P shooters, are. Premium members gain ONLY the following:

-6 times bigger backpack
    -ability to trade items
    -ability to find hats and misc (which dont have any effect at all)
    -the feeling that they spent a great developer team a drink

To the balancing: I would call 2 weapons, Phlogistinator and Soda Popper, a bit over the top, but they are both easy to counter, even though you can get annoyed by them pretty fast.
    Also weak is the point that the classical Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch modes miss due to the fact that Valve wanted to think the players as team players, not as CoD Kiddies.

To get to an end: Team Fortress has a great humor, a brilliant lovely artstyle, a growing and good community, a outstanding balancing and a very good F2P system. It won't make it 10/10 because of the missing of the Deathmatch modes and the little mistakes in Balancing, but it is one of the best games (on my personal Top 10 at least 3rd) ever made.
  21. Aug 22, 2013
    I started to play when this game was not Free to Play, and I have to say only one thing this game keeps its quality, even when everyone is running in weird painted hatwear.
  22. Jun 28, 2014
    in my entire life.

All classes have purpose
    It is completely balanced
    its now free-to-play
    the weapons are unique and have their own strengths
    I've spent over 100 dollars in this game. and i must say...
    worth it.
  23. Nov 16, 2013
    Probably one of the best online FPS of all time.

Probably one of the best online FPS of all time.

Don't expect to like Team Fortress 2 the moment you jump into battle, the chances are you will find it very difficult and frustrating. Once you find the class your good at and the weapons you like, you'll be playing it non-stop. There is so much to this game you'll find as you progress. The maps are all very fun with different gamemodes which are all fun and can easily be played on for over 100 hours. The only real downside of the game is the community who can sometimes ruin the server you are playing on. Sometimes you can't escape them and will just have to wait until they are all gone. Another downside maybe being people doing cheap tricks with their classes and weapons and such.

Freakin' good game, by far the best Free-to-play game out there.
  24. RobertD.
    Oct 10, 2007
    As an addict of Team Fortress Classic, I was excited and worried for Team Fortress 2. At first glance from playing the beta, I found myself in a confusing situation, not knowing what I should think or feel. Like a confused Emo lost in the world, I waded through my emotions until finally coming to a conclusion. I loved the similarities between Team Fortress Classic and TF2... but the As an addict of Team Fortress Classic, I was excited and worried for Team Fortress 2. At first glance from playing the beta, I found myself in a confusing situation, not knowing what I should think or feel. Like a confused Emo lost in the world, I waded through my emotions until finally coming to a conclusion. I loved the similarities between Team Fortress Classic and TF2... but the differences made me uneasy. After playing the beta for two hours, I vowed that I would never like it quite as much as TFC. However, it's since grown on me and I've decided to give it the magnificent honor of receiving a perfect 10 out of 10. From the outset Team Fortress 2 may seem like a pretty straightforward game with little to offer. There's 9 player classes which all offer a unique style of gameplay, but that's not what makes this game unique. Strategy plays a huge role in this game. It's called TEAM Fortress for a reason-- if your team works together, you will most assuredly succeed. I can proudly say that I am one of the die-hard TF fans (I was playing TFC up until the TF2 beta was released to the public) and Valve has not missed a beat. Expand
  25. Mar 24, 2012
    I loved team fortress 2 since the day I bought Orange box, 3 years ago, for over 60 bucks (instead of 20...), and since then I saw the various updates and downgrades of this great team shooting game. I always loved class based games and team based shooters so this game got me from the first moment, but now it's just a mere shadow of its glorious past. First things first, the shop reallyI loved team fortress 2 since the day I bought Orange box, 3 years ago, for over 60 bucks (instead of 20...), and since then I saw the various updates and downgrades of this great team shooting game. I always loved class based games and team based shooters so this game got me from the first moment, but now it's just a mere shadow of its glorious past. First things first, the shop really ruined this game, and in the worst ways possible: the weapons are now possible to be bought with REAL money and, in general, these weapons are just "lame" versions of the standard weapons you have from the beginning (instead of doing more damage, you get X more shots, or instead of more shots, you get more damage; the examples are endless). Not only that, some weapons are actually JUST useless (Diamondback, Pain Train, and some are just reskins like the Sharp Dresser or the Holy Mackerel) and some are far too strong (the recent phlogistinator is one big example). Why this choice? The game was perfectly balanced and really the only big updates were the first ones (the Force-a-nature, the Kritzkrieg and, one of the best to me, the dead ringer), but now we get tons of lame weapons, that we have to pay to get them or, if you're patient, you can craft them, which is actualy good: you can craft everything, like weapons, tokens for weapons, and, most "importantly", hats. But really, what's the point? They are barely visible and if I wanted to buy something for make my fave class prettier, I'd rather buy a total customization of the class, instead of simple hats. I just talked mainly because of the shop because it's just THIS the problem of the game: the game itself is still good, the maps are still very enjoyable and the game itself is still large, with 9 classes to learn and master and many ways to play them: it's a lot of content for a F2P game, which means you can easily play and try it out and luckily even enjoy it: you have already the best weapons! If it wasn't for the shop, I'd give it 9 or 10, but with this idea of the shop just...ruined what it was a really balanced and really well though game, making it into just a cash-in game with tons of useless weapons, useless customization options and, in addition, tons of disappointed fans of this once fabulous game. Expand
  26. Jun 24, 2011
    This game is absolutely amazing. The classes are all balanced to have perfect weaknesses and strengths. Teams must balance the types of players to be successful. However, you are not handicapped so much that your are incapable of fighting one class or another. Expect to spend hundreds of hours on this game
  27. Nov 6, 2011
    This is an epic game. Playing online against other people, with an array of outlandish characters is epic. There are so many things you can do, so many achievements to collect, pwnage to dish out and pwnage to receive. By far the bes FTP game on Steam. The graphics are also good, and the controls are not that hard to learn. Overall, a very addictive, all-rounded game.
  28. Dec 23, 2011
    Oh yea! This is most fun multiplayer game 4ever!
    You can forget hats, you can collected weapons.
    You can love hats and weapons
    You can hate it's all.
    But you must install this game.
  29. JYT
    Jan 6, 2012
    Really fun. Like a good cartoon or comic book. When the players understand they have to team up and organize according the to roles it's another level:

- demo & soldier to cover heavy and fireguy and clear the way from distance bfore moving in - sniper must cover engineers against spy
    -scout must sacrify or create diversions
    - etc..
  30. Apr 4, 2013
    Been playing since '08 and it's still a blast. While the community can be frustrating, there are thousands of servers out there and everyone can find their community. The complaints about balancing is a bit ridiculous; the game is very balanced. There are a very small number of items that I find unbalanced, (3 to be exact), but other than that it's a wonderful game with a genuine, colorfulBeen playing since '08 and it's still a blast. While the community can be frustrating, there are thousands of servers out there and everyone can find their community. The complaints about balancing is a bit ridiculous; the game is very balanced. There are a very small number of items that I find unbalanced, (3 to be exact), but other than that it's a wonderful game with a genuine, colorful artstyle. Expand

1. AceGamez
    The marriage of highly stylised retro-spy presentation, fresh, high octane action, deep and varied classes and the underlying twinkle of humour in its metaphorical eye make Team Fortress 2 far more than just your average fragfest. Long after the novelty of the graphics wears thin, we are left with a refined and accessible multiplayer game that simultaneously cultivates new players whilst retaining enough depth to accommodate even the hardiest of veterans.
  2. The game also does a lovely job of framing your relationship with other players and nurturing them.
  3. It's one hell of a game. With its powerful artistic style and blazingly quick, yet accessible gameplay, it's enough to melt the icy cynicism imprisoning the hearts of even the most jaded among us. That being said, it's not the most complex shooter out there.