8.5

1. May 13, 2015
    I don't really know how many hours I have put into this game but so far, I just cant stop. for the people who complain about the game I think just haven't played it long enough. There is a lot of content in the game with tons of weapons, armor, crafting, and bosses. And after you switch to hardmode there is even more possibilities. if people can get past the struggle of the beginning, theyI don't really know how many hours I have put into this game but so far, I just cant stop. for the people who complain about the game I think just haven't played it long enough. There is a lot of content in the game with tons of weapons, armor, crafting, and bosses. And after you switch to hardmode there is even more possibilities. if people can get past the struggle of the beginning, they can really open their eyes to this game. the 2d doesn't make it bad at all. people just have to stop comparing the game to minecraft because its a game of its own and I thank the developers for an experience that i'm still continuing to have. Expand
  2. May 1, 2015
    Game of Terraria is also selling it is a high degree of freedom, but a battle is very colorful, often the update also has many things going is added, it is very interesting content that can be enjoyed on more than price.
    Also there are some Mod, it is very good game so you can enjoy There is also to forget the time that you can also be enjoyed as an RPG.
  3. Mar 20, 2015
    Terraria is the best game in the universe. Minecraft came out after Terraria so minecraft is. Terraria rip-off. Out of ten, 5000/10. It took me one year of playing to get the best gear so getting it is a true challenge.
  4. Mar 11, 2015
    When I first purchased Terraria originally, I was only doing so to play with a few friends elsewhere, and wasn't expecting much from this game, aside from what others had described, which was essentially "2D Minecraft." These words really couldn't be further from the truth, or rather, barely even scratch the surface of what Terraria is, or can be to someone with a creative mind.

It's a

It's a metroidvania. It's a platformer. It's a city builder. It's a blank canvas. It's a social experience. Each of these descriptors can be used on this game and each is accurate. You choose a character, a world, a world size, and a difficulty. Your first nights will be spent scraping together resources to get a shelter up to shield yourself from the undead menace that comes spilling out each night, and finding ways to expand your operations, tools, weapons, and building materials.

There's tons of distinct weapons, ores, tools, armors, magic rods, spellbooks, vanity costumes, furniture and furnishings, and NPCs that arrive as you expand your home, allow you to purchase even more items. Each serves a purpose, as you battle the creeping Crimson or Corrupt biomes that grow each day, in an attempt to completely corrupt and change your world.

A note on biomes: each time you generate a world to play in, random biomes are chosen, depending on the size, each biome has unique wildlife, plants, drops and resources you can gather, ranging from jungles, snow, beaches, deserts, forests, corruption, crimson, the hallows, etc. Over these, random sky islands also hide, waiting for you to explore them. Under each one? Ores, more unique monsters/wild life and random caves/caverns or even dungeons, secret hiding spots with hidden treasures and treasure chests.

Think that surviving the corruption and building is all this game offers? Not quite. There's also massive boss battles and triggered events, like battling goblin armies, and a plethora of other things that words won't allow me to express. The kicker is that there's still another update coming, which will offer even more content. I have 400+ hours in and I still pick it up and play it rather frequently.
  5. Mar 8, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is awesome, f*ck those f4gs who say that is a minecraft rip-off or is simplistic etc. it's a big game, really big, it have over 2000+ items, and the next update (1.3) will bring over 500+ items, reaching the item number 3000 in september of the last year, it's a very addictive game, yes, thei'r worlds are small but the really big pro is that you can "travel worlds", you can use 1 character in 5 different worlds, it's very cheap, specially in the steam sales (i bought it for 2 dollars), if you got anything (duke fishron defeated + all events done) there is alot more to do, you can build really big buildings, it have over +500 blocks to build with, the developers are really good at hyping, this is game have alot of bosses, 20 aprox. here they are in order of sequence YOU should beat:
    -King Slime
    -Eye of Cthulhu (sorry bad grammar)
    -Eater of worlds

-Skeletron Prime
    -Plantera
    -Paladin
    -Golem
    -Lunar Eclipse (this is isn't a boss, but it's recommended to beat before the next boss/event)
    -Pumpking and Mourning Wood(Pumpkin moon)
    -Santa NK-1, Everscream and the Ice Queen (Frost moon)
    -Duke Fishron

Those are mobile/console exclusive
    -Lepus
    -Arch Wyvern
    -Turkor the ungrateful
    -Ocram

And now the mods, yes, they are a bit slim, but those make a HUGE HUGE REALLY HUGE modification, the minimum a mod of items they add are 200, bosses 3 and weapons 50, there are like 5 or so, 2 are for the lastest version (1.2.4.1), the first one is the oblivion mod, it have the ability to add to up to 600 of HP, it adds weapons 2x stronger than the terra blade and very strong armors, and over 5 bosses, wich 2 are almost the same but in the difficulty is really big, it hads another mode of game, the super hard-mode, it's after unlocking hard-mode and beating the nuclear slime or so, this unlocks most of the game content, the second one is N Terraria, it adds a RPG style, you can now choose a race, and have up to 3/4 teammates/pets, you can share inventory and it adds some biomes, + mini-bosses

I have to mention the biomes? yes i do, it have 20 in total (almost), and they MAKE a difference, not like minecraft, they are just a reskin of everything and it's the same, this adds different enemys, loots, bosses etc. i mentioned that terraria have almost over 100 weapons?, this game is filled with a really big content, and it's very cheap, less than 15 dollars, and it doesn't need more than 300 MB, i think it needs 128 or something like that

10.5/10 Would Buy again
  6. Jan 28, 2015
    I'll make is easy for you. THIS GAME IS A MASTERPIECE.

Impossible to explain how deap, FUN, and full of content this game is. I paid $1.99 for this game. I'm at 87hrs, and counting.... Still TONS to do. For those paying attention, that's a Mc Donalds Cheeseburger, for 87 hours of entertainment. Don't bother scrolling down the reviews looking for REDS to convince you not to pick
    I'll make is easy for you. THIS GAME IS A MASTERPIECE.

Impossible to explain how deap, FUN, and full of content this game is.

I paid $1.99 for this game. I'm at 87hrs, and counting.... Still TONS to do.

Don't bother scrolling down the reviews looking for REDS to convince you not to pick this up.

YES, this game is excellent. It's as good as you've heard, far better than it looks. LOADED with endless detail, and content, this is the holy grail of adventure/crafting/mining/combat/more. Grab a friend, and join a world together, it's a blast with friends.

What you do: Explore the world, build houses, Spelunk, craft weapons, fight a massive skeleton, die, discover hidden dungeons, dig to hell, die, find treasure, die, fight the undead, vampires, Unicorns.... Encounter Huge Bosses, Die, ROCKET BOOTS, set off fireworks, fish, blow the heads off bunnies.... no really, that happens. It's so much fun, jump in. :)
  7. Jan 20, 2015
    Caution!!! Terraria may ruin your life for weeks. This game has addicting gameplay loop which motivates you to dig nonstop through hell. There are too many things to do in this game like exploring, building, mining, farming, shooting, crafting, casting, etc. Don't let graphics and price fool you, if you buy this you will get countless hours of gameplay.
  8. Jan 17, 2015
    I have more hours in this game than I ever thought was possible. I played minecraft before I played this game, and I was convinced I would feel bored by terraria because I had played minecraft. However Terraria is different enough and polished enough to feel like a completely different experience. Yes, you can build in terraria, yes there are circuits and you spend a lot of time diggingI have more hours in this game than I ever thought was possible. I played minecraft before I played this game, and I was convinced I would feel bored by terraria because I had played minecraft. However Terraria is different enough and polished enough to feel like a completely different experience. Yes, you can build in terraria, yes there are circuits and you spend a lot of time digging for ore just like minecraft, that's where the similarities end. Terraria has a vast amount of weaponry to use, unique and difficult boss fights, graphics that look more natural and are far more interesting to look at than minecraft's default textures.

Minecraft is more of a sandbox builder while terraria is more of an actual 2D action RPG game. Despite what I thought before I played Terraria, it's clear now that this game is a unique masterpiece.
  9. Jan 8, 2015
    Its a MineCraft like game but in 2D but different. As you do in MineCraft, you can build a house, and build weapons. But in Terraria you can have special ability's, defeat bosses, holiday dlc, and much more. Fun game, but its mainly only fun if you have friends to play with.
  10. Jan 7, 2015
    minecraft = sandbox
    terraria = PLATFORM !

ffs minecraft fangays go **** yourself.
    this game is great and having one of the best plaform sections iv'e ever seen.
    graphics are not good. but the graphics are suppose to be like that.
    even mojang said it's not a rip-off.
  11. Jan 1, 2015
    I see nothing wrong with this game.

It does lack tutorials, but not many games have that now adays. And anyways, you have the guide, which helps you check what you can craft with this certain item. The lack of tutorial is actually a good thing to me, it makes exploring and seeing what I can use this new material I got for really enjoyable. All-in-all this is my favourite game of ALL
    I see nothing wrong with this game.

All-in-all this is my favourite game of ALL TIME. While the second is awesomenauts.
    I very heavily suggest you to try this game. Especially if you like survival games or have a friend who has the game as well (two player is amazing, though it's sadly difficult to make a server). After you finish the game once, and start getting bored. Just take a break from the game, maybe 3-4 months or so, and then you will be able to feel the full joy from the game again, discluding the exploring part.
  12. Dec 27, 2014
    Great game with tons of content for price. It's nice to see that the devs are still updating it as well.

Think 2D minecraft with more focus on combat and crafting all kinds of crazy stuff.
  13. Dec 24, 2014
    Terraria is slow in the beginning, but gradually climbs as the game progresses, to a point of huge complexity. It takes patience for some to enjoy the later parts of the game.
  14. Nov 6, 2014
    I got terraria a long time ago and it is a very fun game. The updates over time have greatly improved the game and added a ton of content and variety. It is a lot more combat oriented than minecraft while at the same time allowing you to do world changing effects much faster than possible in minecraft due to its 2D structure allowing you to cut the map up however you want and so on.
  15. Oct 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Terraria is a truly awesome retro themed game in which instantly pulled me in, its artwork and music are just wonderful and the world sizes and amount of exploration is massive, a title in which is surely going to give you hours and hours of fun either on the IOS or Console and PC versions. Good work Re-Logic for producing an awesome game! Expand
  16. Oct 19, 2014
    Terraria is a great game. It has a lot of mechanics I like, and it is a lot more than the "2D Minecraft" people claim it is. there are a lot more mechanics to the game without mods, which I heard there are, but never installed them. The graphics are great as well, with it not being the cliche 8-bit, but 16-bit, with a lot of color and nearly flawless design.

The way the game operates

The way the game operates is this: you spawn in a newly generated world to collect resources and be able to defend yourself from enemies that spawn at night. After a certain point, you can dig far down enough to beat the "final" boss and unlock hard mode, which makes that platinum armor you spent hours looking for the materials to make a lot more weak against the new enemies. The mechanics are more complex than often referred to game that is minecraft, from the bosses and entities to the most basic thing such as crafting and building. The multiplayer is like minecraft's multiplayer, ranging from playing with friends to dedicated servers that offer many different things.

The game is nearly flawless, earning it a 9 out of 10.
  17. Oct 9, 2014
    Terraria is awesome! I can't tell you all about this game. becous this game have very big content! If you wanna be a warrior - it's your choise, if you wanna be a wizard - it's your choise too, if you wanna be a alchemist - it's your choise again! This game can give you all what you need! Sprites in this game is awesome, just like in a oldest games.
    I recommend this game for all people!
    I recommend this game for all people! Buy it and enjoy!
  18. Oct 6, 2014
    Terraria is totally a great game. I love the background music, and the game play is really smooth, and fighting those enemies is just exciting. I have already bought it on Steam, App Store, and Windows Phone Store.
  19. Oct 4, 2014
    alright, for the 100 bad reviews, there all 0 because they didn't play for more then a hour. The main problem is "it's to slow and tedious wah wah wah." well, the game gets quite fast at gold level, were dirt is quickly excavate, and stone as well.Copy of minecraft? yes and no. It is a survival build mine sandbox yes, but 2d, totally different concept, and items. If your lucky, and findalright, for the 100 bad reviews, there all 0 because they didn't play for more then a hour. The main problem is "it's to slow and tedious wah wah wah." well, the game gets quite fast at gold level, were dirt is quickly excavate, and stone as well.Copy of minecraft? yes and no. It is a survival build mine sandbox yes, but 2d, totally different concept, and items. If your lucky, and find one of the most powerful swords falling down a shaft to the underworld in a server, then you can defeat almost everything. Overall, great game, don't listen to the bad bad reviewers, they most likely played very little. Expand
  20. Oct 3, 2014
    More update in this game in 3 years than in the serie "call of duty" in 12 years (one easy jab, I know). You feel this game evolved (and will keep evolving) from when it started.

And no, it's not minecraft in 2D, there is a whole fighting side that is very well developped, with a felt progression when you start killing slimes with a copper shortsword and a wood armor and end up using a tactical shotgun with heat seeking bullets in a blue armor while killing a giant fish-pig-dragon thingy.

Also, you can play it in multiplayer, let it be to fight together, against each other, build magnificient structures, or play "Throw-bomb-down-the-mining-shaft-to-mine-faster-and-hear-your-friends-screaming-in-terror".
  21. Sep 30, 2014
    Terraria is simply a fantastic game. Sure, it lacks tutorial and isn't too straightforward, but watch a few episodes of a playthrough and you're good to start. It has fun, fast-paced gameplay and is innovative for the amount of content it packs in. You can play it a lot and anytime, but my only problem is that it slightly lacks replayability. Replayability IMO is only moderate. EverythingTerraria is simply a fantastic game. Sure, it lacks tutorial and isn't too straightforward, but watch a few episodes of a playthrough and you're good to start. It has fun, fast-paced gameplay and is innovative for the amount of content it packs in. You can play it a lot and anytime, but my only problem is that it slightly lacks replayability. Replayability IMO is only moderate. Everything else, fantastic. Get it without hesitation. Expand
  22. Sep 13, 2014
    Definitely my favorite sandbox game ever. The fact of having bosses and so many things to play with, I just couldn't stop until I got the best equipment possible. It's an awesome game.
  23. Sep 9, 2014
    This game was a sandbox survival simulator that was released for Microsoft Windows on May 16, 2011 while minecraft did not release officially until full release version on November 18, 2011. Even though Terraria probably was inspired by the grassy tree-filled sandbox world, it still had many more items. The only things minecraft has better is redstone and a 3d world.

Overall I love this

Overall I love this game, for those who are patient.
  24. Aug 19, 2014
    The game is actualy good.But farming takes a while like 2 real life days to get a rare item.Boss fights are better than just hit it till it dies.Pvp is fun.But the game needs a strong pc to run or it will crash and you will lose all of your progress.
  25. Jul 31, 2014
    this is a fun 2D Game
    you can build , defend , craft , create , and explore the games world.
    This game has co-op gameplay with friends and it makes the game that much better.
    you will share laughs with friends for sure.
    this game is very fun and i give this game an
  26. Jul 25, 2014
    I absolutely love this game. I can play this game all night and not get bored. There is so much you can do it seems endless. I do wish I had more bag space however. I always seem to run out quickly when I am exploring and mining. The music is enjoyable to listen to I don't get sick of it. The hunt for treasure chests alone will keep you busy for hours.
  27. Jul 19, 2014
    Un jeu 2d vraiment jolie , le gameplay est vraiment plaisant construire sa base , miner , récolter , explorer , puis lorsque votre stuff est assez bon attaquer vous on nombreux boss du jeu :)
  28. Jul 11, 2014
    This game is a brilliant indie game, that i have spent hundreds of hours in game yet i haven't even done all of the stuff in it, created by a small team of developers that went on to make another game called Starbound. Terraria has almost infinite possibilities and an expansive, giant sized and colorful world that can be edited in every way that you wish. with its lovable pets and slimesThis game is a brilliant indie game, that i have spent hundreds of hours in game yet i haven't even done all of the stuff in it, created by a small team of developers that went on to make another game called Starbound. Terraria has almost infinite possibilities and an expansive, giant sized and colorful world that can be edited in every way that you wish. with its lovable pets and slimes and legendary weapons it drills you with enigmatic combat and giant battles with creative bosses showing almost every possible variable that is logical to add to an enemy, did i mention this game is brilliant? Other reviewers say this game is inspired by Minecraft, however Terraria came out before Minecraft and other sandbox game so this is the ORIGINAL sandbox indie title. Expand
  29. Jul 9, 2014
    A brilliant blend of exploring, mining, building, crafting, rpg'ing and platforming. I can't believe I got this game for $2! (Steam Summer Sale 2014). It's just amazing. It pulled me in and hasn't let go. The depth is staggering. There are so many dimensions to this game...

You can build yourself an amazing base on the surface, dig mine tunnels for easy access to the lower world, fish, plant seeds and grow plants, make potions, build furniture, build houses to attract NPCs, hunt monsters, fight bosses, and so much more. You do it all at once and time just stops existing as Terraria draws you in for hours at a time...

I paid $2, but I like it so much I bought it for Android just to support the developer! Buy it. Give it an hour. You'll see.
  30. Jul 7, 2014
    Simply amazing. With it's great gameplay, music, and visuals, Terraria is easily one of my most favorite games, as I racked up over 250 total hours. Though it is often compared to Minecraft, but lacking a third dimension, the only similarity is that they both allow you to mine. It's massive variety of weapons and monsters allow for everlasting unique combat. Terrraria may seem mediocre atSimply amazing. With it's great gameplay, music, and visuals, Terraria is easily one of my most favorite games, as I racked up over 250 total hours. Though it is often compared to Minecraft, but lacking a third dimension, the only similarity is that they both allow you to mine. It's massive variety of weapons and monsters allow for everlasting unique combat. Terrraria may seem mediocre at a first glance, but with enough time and effort, it is as fun as anyone could imagine. Expand
  31. Jun 30, 2014
    近年リリースされた中で最も優れた2Dプラットフォーマーの一つで、ダンジョンとボスを備えたオープンワールドで破壊的・建設的な世界のある最初の2Dプラットフォーマーです。多くの様々な武器や鎧、特別アイテムでプレーヤーは何時間も虜になり戦い続けるでしょう。また多人数でプレイすることもできます! まるでメトロイドヴァニアのとマインクラフトにはまったかわいい子供みたいですね。近年リリースされた中で最も優れた2Dプラットフォーマーの一つで、ダンジョンとボスを備えたオープンワールドで破壊的・建設的な世界のある最初の2Dプラットフォーマーです。多くの様々な武器や鎧、特別アイテムでプレーヤーは何時間も虜になり戦い続けるでしょう。また多人数でプレイすることもできます! まるでメトロイドヴァニアのとマインクラフトにはまったかわいい子供みたいですね。
  32. Jun 25, 2014
    One of the best Indie games i've ever played, ever. Picked it up 2 days ago and i already have 21 hours in it. Terraria doesn't fail to surprise with new monsters, items, and places to explore. It's similar to Minecraft is a few ways, but very different in many others. If you have a few friends to play this game with, there's no reason you shouldn't pick this game up!
  33. Jun 23, 2014
    I really love this game. It gets repetitive at times, but if you space out the times you play it, you can still enjoy it. I disagree with everyone who says it's a ripoff of Minecraft, because it's actually quite different. I like the concept, and actually in my opinion, it's better then Minecraft. It has more options. There are hundreds of items you can acquire, tons of different weaponsI really love this game. It gets repetitive at times, but if you space out the times you play it, you can still enjoy it. I disagree with everyone who says it's a ripoff of Minecraft, because it's actually quite different. I like the concept, and actually in my opinion, it's better then Minecraft. It has more options. There are hundreds of items you can acquire, tons of different weapons instead of the 4 or 5 in Minecraft, and amazing opportunities. It was completely worth the money, although I agree with it not being fun unless in multiplayer. Expand
  34. Jun 23, 2014
    If you think this is a minecraft rip off then go **** yourself, this game is probably the best indie game i have ever played, it doas not need good graphics to be epic like most outher games (like skyrim and call of duty). I have played it for over 50 hours and its just awesome, i could play this game for freakin 300 hours. Although its not perfect its just ****ing awesome, go buy it, itIf you think this is a minecraft rip off then go **** yourself, this game is probably the best indie game i have ever played, it doas not need good graphics to be epic like most outher games (like skyrim and call of duty). I have played it for over 50 hours and its just awesome, i could play this game for freakin 300 hours. Although its not perfect its just ****ing awesome, go buy it, it only costs 10 dollars on steam, honestly i think its worth 50. Expand
  35. Jun 21, 2014
    So....most of these bad and good reviews are from may of 2011... pre-1.2. everybody saying its just a minecraft clone in 2D with bad graphics you are entitled to your opinion but really is not. its different. plus, mojang would not reference a "clone" its a very great game. lots of stuff to do and they started to update again so there is even more content to enjoy. its such a differentSo....most of these bad and good reviews are from may of 2011... pre-1.2. everybody saying its just a minecraft clone in 2D with bad graphics you are entitled to your opinion but really is not. its different. plus, mojang would not reference a "clone" its a very great game. lots of stuff to do and they started to update again so there is even more content to enjoy. its such a different game. its creative and i cant find any game like it. (other than starbound) so honestly i think this game deserves this rating of 10/10. Expand
  36. Jun 12, 2014
    Terraria is a game that those nostalgic for the simpler days of tight controls, easy-to-understand gameplay, and perfectly good 2D graphics. It is a 2D open-world platformer game without any real direction - you are simply dropped into the world with minimal tools, and the rest is up to you. The only thing it shares with Minecraft is... mining and crafting, but the similarity stops there.Terraria is a game that those nostalgic for the simpler days of tight controls, easy-to-understand gameplay, and perfectly good 2D graphics. It is a 2D open-world platformer game without any real direction - you are simply dropped into the world with minimal tools, and the rest is up to you. The only thing it shares with Minecraft is... mining and crafting, but the similarity stops there.

There are untold hordes of monsters, animals, insects, spiders, mythical enemies, environments, materials, bosses (that are a real challenge), and so much more which put it far above anything ending in "-craft". There is an entire wiki devoted to the game, and a little poking around will reveal a ton of possibilities for what can be done in the game, not to mention add-ons, mods, and tools / utilities.

Plus, it has been updated many times with new content and activities, making it a continually replayable game to find out what else you can do!

Others say it is a steal at its regular $10 price, but it is a no-brainer on Steam Sale for $2.50. I have well over 500+ hours, almost 600, in the game and have it on every computer I own. It is just that amazing a game. The keyboard / mouse combo may take a little getting used to if you use controllers, but once you got it, it makes perfect sense.

This game is a rare stand-out gem in today's predictable, recycled game releases of 3D shooters painted grey and brown - something challenging and genuinely fun!
  37. Jun 10, 2014
    For CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!!! Everyone says Terraria is a "copy" of Minecraft, Terraria was made 5 MONTHS before terraria!!!! Also everyone making the bad reviews have most likely never played the new and IMPROVED terraria 1.2. People don't make the bad reviews if you haven't done your research about the two games, I mean honestly people.
  38. Jun 5, 2014
    Get a group of friends, build things, adventure, and fight things. It's a great game. I only gave it a 9 because every once and a while your friends won't all be on the same page, and you can have some boring spells, also connecting everyone together is sometimes a huge pain, hamachi can be flaky sometimes. In general it's pretty addicting though, and has so many different things you can do.
  39. Jun 4, 2014
    This game is the bomb, simply put. The first time i played, i got on, it looked like a lazy rip off of Minecraft, but after about 10 minutes i was into it, then in 20, I could not take my eyes off the screen. This game is truly a masterpiece, with a wide variety of blocks, weapons, armor, costumes, potions, and magic, it is in a way like Minecraft with more and more. Ive spent over 153This game is the bomb, simply put. The first time i played, i got on, it looked like a lazy rip off of Minecraft, but after about 10 minutes i was into it, then in 20, I could not take my eyes off the screen. This game is truly a masterpiece, with a wide variety of blocks, weapons, armor, costumes, potions, and magic, it is in a way like Minecraft with more and more. Ive spent over 153 hours building, crafting, collecting, upping my arsenal, all in preparation to beat the several unique bosses, and maybe become the best terrarian. My only problem with the game is the lack of a proper tutorial, though with Terraria wiki, and steam guides, you will find your way through. Defiantly worth the $10 because it has almost limitless re playability. 11/10 game for all types of gamers. Expand
  40. Jun 2, 2014
    When you first time play this, you will probably lost time sense for couple of days. It will be very hard to stop playing this flawless game. Giving this game 9 out of 10 because it has no endgame, but I hope developers will work on it. They support this game with patches, promised to add achievements and start adding some quests. Looking forward to play this game another 500 hours afterWhen you first time play this, you will probably lost time sense for couple of days. It will be very hard to stop playing this flawless game. Giving this game 9 out of 10 because it has no endgame, but I hope developers will work on it. They support this game with patches, promised to add achievements and start adding some quests. Looking forward to play this game another 500 hours after some big content patch. Expand
  41. May 20, 2014
    Probibly the best game ever since roblox. All i ask for is that you could add more NPC's. I AMA NPC COLLECTOR/LOVER :3

I already have 14 NPC's.

:P

If i could i would play this 24/7/365
  42. May 15, 2014
    Anyone who says this game is "A copy of Minecraft. Don't buy. Not worth $1" is simply idiotic and ignorant. This game is NOT a copy of Minecraft and offers FAR MORE content then Minecraft. And basically by the logic that Terraria is a copy of Minecraft, then technically every single flipping 3D and 2D survival/adventure/building game is a copy of Minecraft.

And another thing... I highly

And another thing... I highly doubt that if Terraria was made before Minecraft then people would say "Minecraft is a copy of Terraria. Don't buy it. Not even worth $1" It's simply not logically.

The game offers a ton of content and has given me far more enjoyment than games I paid $30 or $60
    for.

Obviously this game will not appeal to everyone, like FPS games and Minecraft don't appeal to others. But as far as my take on this game goes, I love it. It's awesome. I have never encountered any game breaking bugs and have spent over 200 hours on it. The building possibilities are virtually limitless despite being 2D and the fighting against bosses and other monsters is a lot of fun. When the game was released compared to how it is now (V. 1.0 and V. 1.2.4 as of this review) is totally different. For those that haven't played Terraria since then I highly recommend you at least try again. The graphics have totally been revamped and the content is awesome. There is quite literally 1000's of items and each game can take up to 50-100 hours to fully complete the game, allowing an insane amount of game play. The building aspect is awesome in this game too... time consuming but still can produce an awesome result.

Overall, I'd say Terraria had a 9.0 prior to 1.2, but as of 1.2 and the latter updates, I give it 10/10.
  43. May 11, 2014
    "Terraria" is a game that focuses on bosses and dungeon exploring more than mining and crafting, which I enjoy a lot. The game is really good, if not one of my most favourite games of all time for what it brings to the table. Many say is it a copy of "Minecraft"... Do not pay any attention to those people and pay attention to this game. It is a two dimensional boss fighting, dungeon"Terraria" is a game that focuses on bosses and dungeon exploring more than mining and crafting, which I enjoy a lot. The game is really good, if not one of my most favourite games of all time for what it brings to the table. Many say is it a copy of "Minecraft"... Do not pay any attention to those people and pay attention to this game. It is a two dimensional boss fighting, dungeon exploring, sandbox game that focuses on your character trying to rid of evil in your land (No story, you make your own) and you start off with low quality gear and a guide who helps you will crafting. Like "Minecraft" you have to build a house before the sun sets and when night comes, creatures come to eat you. There are zombies, slimes (which appear at day time as well) and flying eyes. The crafting is more simplified than "Minecraft" as it does not require some weird grid system to make tools, which I find better. The mining is a bit slow , which is disappointing, but when you get the good stuff, it will improve. The fighting is based on statistics on your weapons and are more explained than "Minecraft" in ENGLISH, not gibberish bullocks. The animations are a bit stupid but charming. You swing your tools like a three year old child explaining what a windmill does. The bosses are my favourite feature in this game. They are awesomely terrifying and need certain tactics to defeat them. There is different biomes and them have certain mobs in them. I shall say no more but to tell you to get this game. It is very cheap and you will get that money back and more! Expand
  44. Apr 29, 2014
    La verdad me parecio un gran juego mucho mas completo que minecraft.Muchos menos pixeles mas armaduras espadas muchas cosas que lo hacen que sea un gran juego, como gamer le doy un 10 uno de los mejores sandbox que probe
  45. Apr 29, 2014
    If I could award game of the year 2011 to any game, it would be this one.

This game is incredible. It has an immense level of replay-ability, constant and MEANINGFUL updates, an amazing soundtrack, and some of the most rawly fun gameplay I've EVER experienced. The exploration is wonderful, the environment is mystifying, the bosses are inventive, the game is MODDABLE, and the sheer
    If I could award game of the year 2011 to any game, it would be this one.

The exploration is wonderful, the environment is mystifying, the bosses are inventive, the game is MODDABLE, and the sheer amount of bang-for-your-buck is unparalleled.

Word of caution: Unless you want to ruin this game for yourself, play through it from start to finish before you join any online servers with strangers. Trust me. A lot of the joy of this game is in discovering new things, and the multiplayer environment will remove all discovery for you in mere minutes.

That said, if you don't purchase this game, you are doing yourself a massive disservice. This game is a MUST PLAY for anyone ages 7 to 107. Just get it.

Oh, and the developer has already announced that he has begun work on a sequel! Frosting on the cake.
  46. Mar 12, 2014
    I have to admit, I bought this game and it was in my steam library a few months before I got into it. After I really started playing it, I was having a blast. I would sit down to check up on my house and ended up playing this for 5 or 6 hour sessions at a time. All of this review so far is pre 1.2 update, by the way. I really think this is one of the best games out there to just relax andI have to admit, I bought this game and it was in my steam library a few months before I got into it. After I really started playing it, I was having a blast. I would sit down to check up on my house and ended up playing this for 5 or 6 hour sessions at a time. All of this review so far is pre 1.2 update, by the way. I really think this is one of the best games out there to just relax and have a good time. Anyone who buys this on PC, (Xbox 360 version SUCKED), will have the time of their life while playing this. For only $10 on Steam, that is an AMAZING price for endless hours of fun I have proudly clocked in 231 hours to this wonder, and am still pleased with it's experience. This is an amazing product and you should definitely buy it. Only if it's on PC though. Expand
  47. Mar 7, 2014
    This game stunned me like a japanese fighting fish. The graphics are twice as good as battlefield 4. When playing this game it felt so futuristic that i fell down my stairs and my big donkey willy slapped my grand mother accross her face. After that her face was priceless and we both had a wrestling match naked. All that happened due to the outstanding graphics of this game. THANK YOUThis game stunned me like a japanese fighting fish. The graphics are twice as good as battlefield 4. When playing this game it felt so futuristic that i fell down my stairs and my big donkey willy slapped my grand mother accross her face. After that her face was priceless and we both had a wrestling match naked. All that happened due to the outstanding graphics of this game. THANK YOU Rockstar for making this game, it is much better than your other rubbish games like GTA san andreas. Expand
  48. Feb 27, 2014
    Great exploration, great treasure-hunting, great combat, epic fights and a myriad of weapons make Terraria a true masterpiece. There is so much to do, even if all you decide to do is beat all the enemies. You can create or shape vast landscapes and housing, create artificial biomes and item farms, or just have fun beating the pulp out of enemies and bosses. I advise looking at the wikiGreat exploration, great treasure-hunting, great combat, epic fights and a myriad of weapons make Terraria a true masterpiece. There is so much to do, even if all you decide to do is beat all the enemies. You can create or shape vast landscapes and housing, create artificial biomes and item farms, or just have fun beating the pulp out of enemies and bosses. I advise looking at the wiki if you're new, in order to get some idea of what to do.

HUGE update with 1.2, completely FREE, improved so many aspects of the game and added great content. The developers genuinely care about their fan base. The game was only $2.50 on Steam sale and I played it over 200 hours single player.

My only complaint is that for multiplayer you have to type in each IP address to get onto the servers, would be a lot easier with a server list or quick-match option.
  49. Feb 18, 2014
    While many people compare it to Minecraft, and I'm not discounting those claims because it's somewhat similar, it's a good game in its own right. The game has taken the basic, block-based sandbox exploration game formula and gone above and beyond with the results. All of the bosses and side-events combined give you a very long total of playtime before you really reach what one couldWhile many people compare it to Minecraft, and I'm not discounting those claims because it's somewhat similar, it's a good game in its own right. The game has taken the basic, block-based sandbox exploration game formula and gone above and beyond with the results. All of the bosses and side-events combined give you a very long total of playtime before you really reach what one could consider "end-game", and what can be considered an "end-game" status is repeatedly changed, again and again. The game's a bit two-dimensional (no pun intended) in terms of progression after you enter "Hardmode" as you'll likely get killed countless times just trying to gather the ores to make the armour that you need to actually be able to progress. It gets boring at the start of the switchover but once you get up to at least second-tier hardmode ore gear, you're set. Basically, you're in for hours and hours of gameplay. Part grinding, part boss murdering, part dying. Expand
  50. Feb 16, 2014
    Terraria has a great crafting mechanic and neat 16-bit style graphic. Seasonal update brings various nifty items you can build/equip/craft. Best when played with friends.
  51. Feb 1, 2014
    I have lost many hours on this game that I would care to admit.
    People compare this to Minecraft. This is an insult to Terraria.
    The content you get from this 2D side scroller is enormous.
    Don't want to say to much more except that if you don't buy and play this game, you are truly missing out.
  52. Jan 26, 2014
    This game is amazingly fun over and over and over again. People say it's a Minecraft ripoff, but don't listen to them. The only similarities it has with Minecraft is the fact you can dig underground, that's all. Terraria is more focused on an RPG aspect and has a larger variety of pretty much everything. The only real problem I really had with it was the annoying falling damage and theThis game is amazingly fun over and over and over again. People say it's a Minecraft ripoff, but don't listen to them. The only similarities it has with Minecraft is the fact you can dig underground, that's all. Terraria is more focused on an RPG aspect and has a larger variety of pretty much everything. The only real problem I really had with it was the annoying falling damage and the fact that hardmode starts off a bit unfair, I guess.

I have no idea why people keep saying it's "minecraft without all the cool stuff" because in my opinion, Terraria, even prior to 1.1, had cooler stuff than Minecraft. The armors and weapons are all different, unlike in Minecraft where there's not only a total of 5 weapons or something, but 4 of them are the same sword recolored, and the other one is a bow.

I find this game a lot better because it has way better replay value and lasts a lot longer than Minecraft, is more fair than Minecraft, and the overall design just seems better.
  53. Dec 25, 2013
    Having played just shy of ten days worth of game time over the time which I have owned it, I can safely say I have acquired, seen, fought, and done most things in this game. I label this game as a phenomenal achievement. Single player will allow you to experience a very challenging adventure spilling over with discovery, mystery, struggle, and triumph, while multiplayer can serve as aHaving played just shy of ten days worth of game time over the time which I have owned it, I can safely say I have acquired, seen, fought, and done most things in this game. I label this game as a phenomenal achievement. Single player will allow you to experience a very challenging adventure spilling over with discovery, mystery, struggle, and triumph, while multiplayer can serve as a surprisingly chaotic and endless source of banter as you and your friends struggle against the comic hazards of the world. Terraria, perhaps now more than ever, is a must have game as the development team have returned to work on releasing content updates. The game currently in version 1.2.2 is deep, rewarding, and brimming with variety, something that Terraria is well renowned for. Terraria stands to only become a better experience as successive patches are released, and one can expect only the best from Redigit and the Re-Logic staff, both now and on future developments such as the rumored sequel to Terraria, Terraria 2.

I strongly feel that Red and the staff are very deserving of a full mark score of 10 on their masterful achievement that continues to impress me to this day without exception, years after first purchase.
  54. Dec 21, 2013
    I have played over 100 hours of this game and I can say that is is perfect. It gives hours upon hours of game play although its not for everyone. Although yes you build and mine like minecraft its nothing like it. It has RPG elements with bosses and everything. It can start out a little slow but it gets much more fun later on.Its a $10 master piece maybe not for everyone but I say at least try it
  55. Dec 21, 2013
    This game is probably one of the best sandbox style games I've played, on par with Minecraft. Although it can be fairly hard at the beginning, it eventually get easier as you gather more items. My best suggestion is this: Build a house, or a safe structure as soon as possible. Carry torches and glow-sticks. Also download Terrafirma, Tetrameter to view the whole map and give you an idea ofThis game is probably one of the best sandbox style games I've played, on par with Minecraft. Although it can be fairly hard at the beginning, it eventually get easier as you gather more items. My best suggestion is this: Build a house, or a safe structure as soon as possible. Carry torches and glow-sticks. Also download Terrafirma, Tetrameter to view the whole map and give you an idea of where to go, or use both like I do. Get this, play this, and I promise you won't be disappointed. Expand
  56. Dec 15, 2013
    Terraria is an amazing game with a wide range of items, ores, enemies, allies and biomes this game never ceases to entertain. This is definitely a game that will be enjoyed more with friends as it can either create a competitive aspect to the game or a teamwork aspect but either one will generally improve the game. Also setting up a server for your friends to play on is relatively easy. ITerraria is an amazing game with a wide range of items, ores, enemies, allies and biomes this game never ceases to entertain. This is definitely a game that will be enjoyed more with friends as it can either create a competitive aspect to the game or a teamwork aspect but either one will generally improve the game. Also setting up a server for your friends to play on is relatively easy. I would definitely suggest this game to anyone who has a group of friends who are willing to try a new game Expand
  57. Dec 12, 2013
    I have really enjoyed this game for the long amount of time I have played it. The only one disagreement that I have against this game is the fact that it never updates but other then that single player and multiplayer both amazing! I would highly recommend this game
  58. Dec 12, 2013
    An Amazing game full of adventure, With oncoming Amazing updates,
    So many possibility's And items and Bosses and NPC's I would encourage people to play it,
    It has a great price and when you really get into it, It will take you Until you have done everything you can...Which is endless
  59. Dec 7, 2013
    Frankly one of the best games on Steam. Contrary to popular belief, it has little to do with Minecraft; Minecraft is a building game with some adventure elements, whereas Terraria is an adventure game with some building elements. Much more so than the building, exploring is the key of Terraria, with actually fun gameplay (unlike Minecraft) and progression galore. Best played with friends,Frankly one of the best games on Steam. Contrary to popular belief, it has little to do with Minecraft; Minecraft is a building game with some adventure elements, whereas Terraria is an adventure game with some building elements. Much more so than the building, exploring is the key of Terraria, with actually fun gameplay (unlike Minecraft) and progression galore. Best played with friends, but it's still serviceable in single player. Also recently got a major content update, with more on the way. Heartily recommended to anyone who's up for some Metroidvania-ish gameplay. Expand
  60. Dec 2, 2013
    If anyone says they hate it because its a Minecraft copy or whatever, they are absolutely wrong! They probobly never even played this game and they are just bashing it because of what others think. This game is very unique and only share a few similarities to Minecraft (Sandbox block building style, crafting, and mining). Despite this, Terraria provides a much more diverse universe thanIf anyone says they hate it because its a Minecraft copy or whatever, they are absolutely wrong! They probobly never even played this game and they are just bashing it because of what others think. This game is very unique and only share a few similarities to Minecraft (Sandbox block building style, crafting, and mining). Despite this, Terraria provides a much more diverse universe than Minecraft. Don't get me wrong, Minecraft is great and has a lot to do but Terraria has even more to offer for its $10 on Steam. You will not regret this buy and if you don't want to pay the full $10, don't worry this game is on sale almost once a month. Expand
  61. Dec 1, 2013
    When I first saw the trailer for Terraria about two years ago, I thought it was just going to be another ripoff of Minecraft. When I bought it, I realized it was much more. Right now, there are so much things in the game you can't even imagine. You first start by customizing your character with thousands of different possibilities. You could have weeks of playtime and you would still haveWhen I first saw the trailer for Terraria about two years ago, I thought it was just going to be another ripoff of Minecraft. When I bought it, I realized it was much more. Right now, there are so much things in the game you can't even imagine. You first start by customizing your character with thousands of different possibilities. You could have weeks of playtime and you would still have much, much more things to explore. The game is focused around you crafting items to advance in the game, so you can battle harder enemies, build better things, and explore new areas that help you progress. You will always have a goal and spend hours trying to reach that goal. The graphics are Super Nintendo style and fit perfectly in a game like this. The music will get stuck in your head whenever you hear it, and you can't help but tap your foot to some tunes. It has many game references to other games and easter eggs that'll make you remember. It has a very affordable price ($10), and to top it off the game has multiplayer! You can work together for the greater good of all, you can build together, or you could just try slaughtering each other. With the dozens of tools and hundreds of blocks, Terraria makes the perfect sandbox game, and game for that matter. This game is my favorite game of all time, and will be forever, and others can say that too about it Expand
  62. Nov 30, 2013
    This game is amazing! And for all the people who say it is just a 2D minecraft, it is not at all minecraft, yes you use blocks and go mining but that's the only similarity. Personally i believe this game is better than minecraft. My reasons being it is more like an RPG which i play a lot of also it is a lot cheaper.
  63. Nov 24, 2013
    I really love it when I'm playing with my friend, as we can build a world with each other's help. The only problem is that I got bored later on into the game.
  64. Nov 18, 2013
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

(If the single player is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no multplayer) (If the multiplayer is better than the multiplayer, review this section as if it had no single player) Gameplay (1/2) Visuals/Story (1/2) (If the visuals are better than the story, review this section as if it had no story) (If the story is
    Single Player/Multi Player (2/2)

Gameplay (1/2)

Visuals/Story (1/2)

Accessibility/Longevity (2/2)

Pricing (2/2)

Wildcard (+1)

65. Nov 17, 2013
    Terraria is a very good game Epic Soundtrack, Tons of loot and cool events but some of my gripes are that the bosses although cool do get kinda repetitive most of the bosses are nocliped and repeated in hard-mode by adding lazer beams or having another boss just with a lazer beam the only "original" one I could think of is the wall of flesh and some NPC's being useless and suborn justTerraria is a very good game Epic Soundtrack, Tons of loot and cool events but some of my gripes are that the bosses although cool do get kinda repetitive most of the bosses are nocliped and repeated in hard-mode by adding lazer beams or having another boss just with a lazer beam the only "original" one I could think of is the wall of flesh and some NPC's being useless and suborn just making you wast your resources and come back when you build a house after destroying theirs with dynamite I give terraria a 9 and a half out of 10! Expand
  66. Nov 16, 2013
    I absolutely love Terraria. I mean the idea behind the game seems so simplistic: farm materials, make gear, and kill bosses. However, the way it's done just draws the user in wanting more each time. For the price of the game you definitely can't go wrong. Although I will warn people if you're not tech savvy you might have trouble playing with friends as it can require the person hostingI absolutely love Terraria. I mean the idea behind the game seems so simplistic: farm materials, make gear, and kill bosses. However, the way it's done just draws the user in wanting more each time. For the price of the game you definitely can't go wrong. Although I will warn people if you're not tech savvy you might have trouble playing with friends as it can require the person hosting the game to forward their ports. Expand
  67. Nov 11, 2013
    Terraria is just awesome! I recommend those who aren't really sure to buy terraria =3 And 1.2 update is so awesome, cause terraria has now over 1000 items. Yay!
  68. Nov 4, 2013
    Terraria is, by far, one of the best games that I've ever played. It starts off kind of slow while you learn how to build, craft items, and explore the map...but once you get going it's extremely hard to put this game down. So many people can't get past the fact that it is 2-D with a 16-bit look to it...which is ridiculous...while other people put it down for being "another MinecraftTerraria is, by far, one of the best games that I've ever played. It starts off kind of slow while you learn how to build, craft items, and explore the map...but once you get going it's extremely hard to put this game down. So many people can't get past the fact that it is 2-D with a 16-bit look to it...which is ridiculous...while other people put it down for being "another Minecraft ripoff"...also completely ridiculous. The 2-D, side scrolling, 16-bit SNES feel of the game is one of the awesome things about it...lots of nostalgia and comfort in this kind of setting for people in my age group. And anyone that says that Terraria is a Minecraft ripoff needs to really compare the two games with a bit more depth. Minecraft is baby town frolics in comparison... Now sure, are there things that are similar...yes...but a "clone" of Minecraft? Not even close. Terraria is way more in depth, with more options, more things to craft, do, explore, build, fight, etc. and just when you think that you have done it all or seen it all, you find something new, or they add content (which is free btw). Overall, I would recommend this game to anyone and everyone, but especially if you like open ended, sandbox type games or if you are looking for something to entertain you for days, weeks, or months...for the low price of $10, it is totally worth it. Expand
  69. Nov 3, 2013
    Amazingly well designed game, nice music and enviroment, extremely fun gameplay.

There are like hundreds of creatures, and killing them is just half f the fun! you can mine, build, explore, craft...

a must have game for every player that likes a casual survival/explore adventure ;D
  70. Oct 31, 2013
    Awesome game. Minecraft mixed with old style platformer games. It became something more fun than both.
    Could use some improvement on multiplayer world part. It's annoying that only the player who hosted the world for the first time is able to start it. Would be a 10 if there was a cloud based world service included.
  71. Oct 31, 2013
    People like to compare this to Minecraft, but it's completely different. And I love it for that. So many tiers of armours and weapons, a wide variety of enemies and NPCs, and many, many bosses. The art was beautiful and retro, the music perfectly complements the game and gameplay is perfect.
  72. Oct 29, 2013
    Terraria is the second best game I've played, first being MC. Terraria is an amazingly enchanting game, it got my interest since I was finding an awesome game in my computer. anyways, thanks for your awesome game, Andrew "Redigit" Spinks!
  73. Oct 29, 2013
    At first I thought everything was about MC (Mindcraft) I had no idea Terraria was even a game. I soon learned about it from watching Toby Turner (Tobuscus), but still never picked it up, or even both downloading it for free. While tones of of my friends still played MC a few started playing it. Then it got to the point where one of my friend gave me a free copy they had and I tried it outAt first I thought everything was about MC (Mindcraft) I had no idea Terraria was even a game. I soon learned about it from watching Toby Turner (Tobuscus), but still never picked it up, or even both downloading it for free. While tones of of my friends still played MC a few started playing it. Then it got to the point where one of my friend gave me a free copy they had and I tried it out once still didn't like it that much. That when I was still so heavy into MC that I though all other games like MC where not worth playing.

one of my friends a few months later then asked if we can play Terraria and like always I said idk its not as good as MC, but I still said i would give it a shot. He helped me throw out the game teaching me how to play and what to do and what not to do and ever since that day I kind of am hooked on it. I went back on MC about 10 days later and was this doesn't feel the same anymore. Way to go u won a place in my heart.
  74. Oct 28, 2013
    This game is amazing. I HATE how people think this game is a copy of Minecraft... The graphics do not suck they are supposed to be like this because the game is 2d. This game though, just keeps adding items. I am never sitting there wondering what should I do next? In this recent update they added 1000 new items [Not even kidding actually google it!] and 4 new bosses along with a newThis game is amazing. I HATE how people think this game is a copy of Minecraft... The graphics do not suck they are supposed to be like this because the game is 2d. This game though, just keeps adding items. I am never sitting there wondering what should I do next? In this recent update they added 1000 new items [Not even kidding actually google it!] and 4 new bosses along with a new handful of NPCs. I can go on and on about this game because its my top 3 favorite games of all time. Oh yeah, and this game was on sale for $2.50!! WHAT A STEAL! So please, purchase this game FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! Expand
  75. Kyr
    Oct 23, 2013
    Amazing Game,The only limit is your imagination and really fun! also,there's a lot of references in the game,and they are all cool! i REALLY recommend trying out,every penny worth's it!
  76. Oct 22, 2013
    Terraria is the better sandbox game of the last year.
    Big, various and nice!

Crafting, exploration and monster are the parts that make this game great.
  77. Oct 20, 2013
    $10 for 200 hours of entertainment. I don't think I've ever gotten a better deal from anything that wasn't free. Best purchase ever. The developers are amazing. Replay value is uncanny. 10/10
  78. Oct 19, 2013
    And try not to go too far down there. That's hater hell. Hater hell is where all the idiots who hate this game go. They hate it because of graphics, gameplay, and even because they think the game is "slow paced". If they think that then maybe they should One: update the game, Two: get a new computer instead of those crappy ones they have, and Three: get a new keyboard. If you want to enjoyAnd try not to go too far down there. That's hater hell. Hater hell is where all the idiots who hate this game go. They hate it because of graphics, gameplay, and even because they think the game is "slow paced". If they think that then maybe they should One: update the game, Two: get a new computer instead of those crappy ones they have, and Three: get a new keyboard. If you want to enjoy this game, you have to play it right. And you should be exited to look something up on YouTube so that way you know more about what to do. After that you should just naturally be able to learn the game yourself.

If you're someone who doesn't like the game because of those reasons, then update yourself. Get some new gear, update whatever you can, and enjoy the damn game. Terraria is amazing and I don't think anybody should be talking s**t about it. Even when the game came out in 2011, it was still amazing. Just upgrade whatever you can and you will enjoy this game. Unless you're one of those people who likes older computers. Other than that, have fun and enjoy the game.
  79. Oct 16, 2013
    This is the good game is not expensive, the truth is quickly bored, but as I play with my friends, I always had to find out whether they will be very many die.
  80. Oct 15, 2013
    The problem with users reviewing is that they never take time to play the whole game. That said, this game is not a rip-off of Minecraft. Even Notch likes it, but oh no, reviewers never bother to gather information! If negative reviewers actually played the game, they would realize the game goes from 2D Minecraft to something more intense and much more varied. Not to mention there'sThe problem with users reviewing is that they never take time to play the whole game. That said, this game is not a rip-off of Minecraft. Even Notch likes it, but oh no, reviewers never bother to gather information! If negative reviewers actually played the game, they would realize the game goes from 2D Minecraft to something more intense and much more varied. Not to mention there's multiplayer, and the 2D CAN be invigorating to play with for some old-style recognition, and the music is just fun to hear. There are lots more monsters and items than in Minecraft, and much more bosses as well, giving more varied gameplay. Of course, with all this implemented, the world is limited and not infinitely generated, though it is indeed randomized each time you make a world. And with the current price of $2.50, it's essentially a must-buy. Heck, it's even a must-buy when it's $9.99. In short: more varied than Minecraft, less free than Minecraft, but is VERY different from Minecraft in general, if you get to actually know the game. Expand
  81. Oct 13, 2013
    This is definitely a must have for any Steam library. And when I say Steam, I only mean Steam. Playing this on a console more than ruins the experience in my opinion. Other than that, this game has gotten me over 23 days of fun, and I would not take back any of it. (I've had the game since it came out, so when I say 23 days, I mean about 500+ hours of playtime) and this is a game that IThis is definitely a must have for any Steam library. And when I say Steam, I only mean Steam. Playing this on a console more than ruins the experience in my opinion. Other than that, this game has gotten me over 23 days of fun, and I would not take back any of it. (I've had the game since it came out, so when I say 23 days, I mean about 500+ hours of playtime) and this is a game that I will cherish for years. With content updates always coming out, there's no way to stop playing. Expand
  82. Oct 12, 2013
    This game is absolute perfection. With the instalment of the free 1.2 content update, this game is better than ever. So many areas to explore, so many items to craft, so many monsters and bosses to fight, so many biomes! I wish I could buy this game twice, just to show them my support!
  83. Oct 12, 2013
    Best of its kind! Terraria is great adventure game with awesome musics, good combat system and so much fun to do, that when you start playing you can play several hours without getting bored or feeling that time is running so quickly. You should buy it!
  84. Oct 11, 2013
    I love this game. Get over 100 hours into that game. This game is much deeper than you think you not only kill bosses and explore, but unlock modes found rare items make traps pvp with your friends and much more with 1.2 update it become one of my favorites sandbox games.
  85. Oct 9, 2013
    10/10 Because 3 Reasons Or More, No. 1 Great Graphics and the 1.2 update is awesome, secondly i LOVE RPGS Seriously i play them every day and no. 3 This Is awesome for a rpg game. Again i rate this 10/10
  86. Oct 8, 2013
    I absolutely love Terraria.
    I absolutely love Terraria.
    You're thrown into a randomly generated world, it's that simple. There is no tutorial waiting for you, it's your choice to either go off and explore the world around you, dig for materials or build to space. You get three basic tools, a sword, a pick-axe and an axe to get you started. Once you chip away and play further into the game, you get sucked in, the combat has a great flow to it with many varying weapons and tonnes of enemies to fight including boss battles with Giant Eyeballs or entire Armies of Goblins. What I also love about Terraria is that the enemies aren't push overs (except for puny little green and blue slimes) If you aren't prepared to fight then you're going to get beaten to a pulp, unless of course you're amazing at plat-formers like Super Mario, then you can just use your plat-forming prowess to avoid all kinds of incoming onslaughts (However you can't go on forever doing this)
    The Games amount of content is astounding and it will have you playing for hours (Around 70 hours from start to finish)
    I think to be honest, for the price, just go and buy it. If you're cautious. buy it on a sale where it will cost next to nothing. Then, sit back relax, then play Teraria and prepare for a good time.
  87. Oct 8, 2013
    94 hours... i spent playing this game according to steam.... 94 hours... You could say, "well 94 hours is not that much after a year owning the game..." but no. I spent 94 hours playing this game... in 1 week. 1 week. do the math... seriously DO NOT PLAY THIS IF YOU HAVE A WEEK OFF!!!

Sandbox... 2d. simple. intuitive (must be brain dead not to understand this(if by any chance you are.. use a search tool called google ffs and quit doing anything harder than messing in paint...)) and... challening even though lol its still easy for those who want...

A true masterpiece... definetly not a ripoff minecraft... its like saying any game of a specific genre is a rip off a game of the same genre that came before... lol just because both are sandbox and 1 of the elements is building stuff doesnt mean this is a ripoff..

If i had to describe it with 1 word, it would be addicting... so many things to work on, to make progress. And it is sooo easy to see how it gets harder and what you should do if you want to continue and improve.. seriously... deeper harder nough said.
  88. Oct 1, 2013
    I will not give a game a 10 unless its an all-time favorite. I think there are maybe 4-5 games I've ever played that I would give a 10. This is one of them.

I demand a lot from games, I detest the mainstream blandness. This game has absolute magic from beginning to end. I've played nearly 400 hours and the MASSIVE and GLORIOUS 1.2 Update just went live. See you in December.
  89. Sep 30, 2013
    its a great game. you should definitely pick this game up. its better than minecraft in my opinion. building and combat are great and its the best sandbox game out there
  90. Sep 27, 2013
    Amazing game, there's tons of things to explore and the game is incredibly enjoyable with or without friends. The only real problem i have with it is the annoying mechanic requiring you to build a house for an npc sometimes not telling you what you're missing.
  91. Sep 5, 2013
    Terraria ist so GEIL Ihr müsst es im Multiplayer mit Freunden zocken wie Minecraft nur mit Vielen Funktionen es gibt Viele Bosse Neue Erze und Viele Items
  92. Aug 20, 2013
    Terraria, amazing adventure, exploration, rpg, crafting, building, fighting, bosses and flying island, terraria has got all of those and it doesn't cost much! I highly recommend this game, if you played minecraft before and start playing terraria, please don't use torch as a weapon :D!
  93. Aug 16, 2013
    I never regretted spending my time on this game. It just have enough content to enjoy for hours. Those who say it's a minecraft copy should play this game before saying that, because its false.
  94. Jul 21, 2013
    terraria is a great game, a 2d minecraft. terraria's inventory is gigantic for there is multiple weapons and miscellaneous. but this game can have some bugs, for instance I tried to summon one of the bosses (in night time) and he did not show up, probably car troubles. the world is gigantic for you can have small, medium, or large. with large it is huge it will take you a long time forterraria is a great game, a 2d minecraft. terraria's inventory is gigantic for there is multiple weapons and miscellaneous. but this game can have some bugs, for instance I tried to summon one of the bosses (in night time) and he did not show up, probably car troubles. the world is gigantic for you can have small, medium, or large. with large it is huge it will take you a long time for you to get to one end of the game to the other. terraria is a excellent game and worth it to buy. Expand
  95. Jul 16, 2013
    I can't say enough good things about this game. Old-school looks, randomly generated worlds, sandbox style go anywhere do anything game, it's like an SNES side scroller mixed with a RPG and minecraft. This game is just FUN and you can sink many hours into it. The only downside to this game is that it is no longer updated, because there is a lot more that could be added in.
  96. Jul 12, 2013
    Terraria is a game that has various cool elements brought together in epic ways, there isn't leveling, nor is there a skill tree, it's still an rpg though. It has epic mining which is the only part that's much like games like minecraft, it also has Castlevania/Metroid/Zelda elements which is in the form of awesome loot, it also has nice original monster, epic boss fights, a goodTerraria is a game that has various cool elements brought together in epic ways, there isn't leveling, nor is there a skill tree, it's still an rpg though. It has epic mining which is the only part that's much like games like minecraft, it also has Castlevania/Metroid/Zelda elements which is in the form of awesome loot, it also has nice original monster, epic boss fights, a good soundtrack, and on the moment I'm typing this there is a big patch in development that will double the amount of items available in the game. If you like games that are rewarding, fun to play and the ability to easily sink up to hundreds or thousand of hours of gameplay without getting bored, this is the game. Expand
  97. Jun 20, 2013
    Terraria has earned its place as one of the best indie games of all time. Terraria, while it has no real satisfaction in building, has magic, the Underworld, many bosses, and great mining sequences. Pair that with the great end game and you get a phenomenal experience. The combat is also fluent and can become easily overwhelming if you are not wary of you weapon usage and environment.Terraria has earned its place as one of the best indie games of all time. Terraria, while it has no real satisfaction in building, has magic, the Underworld, many bosses, and great mining sequences. Pair that with the great end game and you get a phenomenal experience. The combat is also fluent and can become easily overwhelming if you are not wary of you weapon usage and environment. Terraria is addicting, fun, and overall a great game. Expand
  98. Jun 19, 2013
    Terraria is an awesome game to explore, it suck's that the world isn't infinite and it only runs on windows. Besides that it's awesome to play with you're friends!
  99. Jun 12, 2013
    Terraria is a fun game. It has a nice combat system that gets more complex as it goes on. It focuses mostly on adventure, with some building here and there. There are plenty of bosses and enemies to fight. There are also many biomes to explore. There are a lot of items, including boomerangs and grappling hooks. It has one of my favorite end games of any games. There are a few mods toTerraria is a fun game. It has a nice combat system that gets more complex as it goes on. It focuses mostly on adventure, with some building here and there. There are plenty of bosses and enemies to fight. There are also many biomes to explore. There are a lot of items, including boomerangs and grappling hooks. It has one of my favorite end games of any games. There are a few mods to explore in this game as well. Terraria is a really good game, some may just say that it's a 2D Minecraft, but it is much, much more. Buy this game. Expand
  100. Jun 2, 2013
    Fantastic game, spent over 120 hours playing it and i would recommend it to anyone looking for an interesting hybrid of genres. The game continues to be updated to this day and the soundtrack is fantastic, especially for the boss fights.

1. Mar 19, 2012
    Terraria is one of the best sandbox games. Terraria has some Minecraft spirit, however the focus of the game is on fighting and crafting, so it involves more action. The best way to enjoy Terraria is to play it with a couple of friends on your own server.
  2. Mar 16, 2012
    It's a title that will appeal to the adventurer, the explorer and the builder; not to mention those who appreciate a substantial amount of player freedom. If you happen to be all of those things, Terraria is a lightly tarnished treasure.
  3. Mar 14, 2012
    A lot of games tried to copy Minecraft – or at least participate from its' success. But this two-dimensional take on the well known formula is the only game that is able to step out of the shadow of the indie phenomenon that inspired it. It leads you into a unique world full of creative magic.