6.8

1. Apr 30, 2013
    Okay, I'm giving this a 10 on a couple of counts. The first being that this is bold new territory. Seen nothing quite like this. I was immersed in the story, and really enjoyed the experience. Secondly, I think the format created here really shines and I'd love to see how other stories could be transformed in this way. I noticed the developer has pushed this out on desktop and tablet... I'd like to see console too. If there was a criticism, I'd say it would be good to push the interactions a bit further. I'd give anything to actually feel like I was standing in the worlds that are being created. Maybe the next one? Expand
  2. Mar 6, 2014
    Rarely we see a story-telling game doing the story telling part right but that's not the case with The 39 Steps. It proves once again that video-games are as capable as other mediums of telling a good story about humans and human problems. It keeps you engaged in the story and the development of it from the beginning until the end without using any video-game cliches such as, for example, ridiculous, out of context puzzles. Unfortunately there where some strange choices in what regards the strange collectibles and the even stranger trophies that we receive through out the game. We should only receive rewards when a difficult challenge is presented to us and we are able to beat it, and not by just playing the game...
    On other subject, what many people don't understand is that interactivity doesn't automatically imply choice or free will... Interactive means you can touch the work (so to speak). You can appreciate the work at your own pace and sometimes only what you which to appreciate. You need to understand that your presence in the world of the game doesn't always need to be of an active participant and that you aren't always the main character. Sometimes you are only a observer with limited capabilities. The argument that this and other similar games are movies just baffles me. Not many people watch movies it seems...
    Anyways, The 39 Steps it's, in my opinion, a must play to everybody interested in the interactive medium and also to everybody interested in a good crime / mystery story.
tbd