6.6

1. Aug 18, 2012
    Played it for a few hours and so far I really like it. The combat is excellent and you can do a number of combo moves to keep the combat fresh. The story line is kinda of boring but the action with the combat and getting around Manhattan is really fun. Boss fights are somewhat exciting although far from breath taking. One thing that is breath taking are how wonderful the graphics are. The open world RPG aspect adds to the variety and there is very little to complain about. The game it is most similar to is Batman Arkham City. Expand
  2. Aug 17, 2012
    how the @#$% is this like never before? all the spider-man games have **** interface with the uncontrollable camera. take a lesson from prototype. ...

wait have i ever played a spiderman game before this one...
  3. Aug 17, 2012
    This game is great: smart, fast, brilliant. Gorgeous graphics, awesome dubbing, clever dialogues. I would rate it 8 out of 10. Metacritic reviews score is unfair with it.
  4. Dec 30, 2012
    There is only one word for this game: Amazing! First of all the graphics are amazing in this game. I played a lot of open world games mimicking New York City like Grand Theft Auto IV, Prototype 2 or the previous Spiderman game Web of Shadows and this looks by far the best! Swinging around in the city is absolutely fun but when it comes to fights in the air with robots i.e. this becomes pure awesome action. The boss fights are well made and among the best I have seen. What I like too is the cool patter by Peter Parker. When listening to it you get the feeling he's a really nice guy. Very good game and everyone who enjoyed the comics or movies (BTW: this game has nothing to do with the latest movie ;) ) should get this game! Expand
  5. Nov 6, 2012
    Finally, the authors approached the topic spider-man a little more seriously. The story that despite the fact that it is mostly predictable, it can really draw, model flying again is great for that which has been improved by more closely resembles that of comic books and movies. The combat system, although the total copy of Batman, is as great. The game is really fun. It is a pity that the creators of botching optimizations, and so many elements are copied from batman. My rating - 7/10 Expand
  6. Jan 20, 2013
    Unlike movie, i like this game. It's a fun, a bit repetitive, but interesting game. Story develops slow, but not without couple of pretty good twists, gameplay mechanic is stolen from Batman games, but whatever, it's a great game mechanic and it's fun to beat baddies. Game is pretty easy, that's why i played it on hard mode and it kept me for 13 hours. Bosses actually mixed thing. First of all, they're supposed to be some of the iconic Spider villains, like Scorpion or Rhino, but they don't have any personality, they're literally animals, just mutated. However, battles with them are cool. City is big and very bright, but not alive, there's not much things to do except "take that human to the hospital, beat that bandit". Graphics and voice acting are great. Overall, this game is rather mixed bag, but i like this. I just hope creators will push all the good things off the limits on their next installment, because it's a first really good movie-licensed game in a years. Expand
  7. Apr 12, 2013
    I love the game so much! The Costumes, DLCs, and the New York city. The reason why I gave it a 9 because the swinging web is not attached to a building, but i still love the game. Also I love 50th Anniversary Spidey Hat. Also I wished Andrew Garfield voiced spidey, but now its my second favorite spiderman game of all time.
  8. Sep 16, 2013
    Mix of Prototype and Batman Arkham Asylum and sequels (even the storyline is somewhat stolen from them), this game is fun, full of action and good to spend some time on it. Graphics are very good (CriWare), gamplay is OK, lacks originality. Not an awesome game, but definitely a good one, something you don't expect from a movie-based game.
  9. Aug 30, 2013
    I like the idea behind this game more than the execution. Web-swinging around the city is fun, the continuation of the latest movie's story is well done, and the fighting is fluid and dynamic when up against humans.

Early on, our favourite neighborhood wall-crawler is put up against robots. Lots and lots of four-legged robots with near-instant tracking, shields that can block all but a
    certain combo, and that can shrug off webbing in a couple of seconds.

Fighting the humans (either muggers or others) is immensely fun. The stealth sections are excellent, and being able to zip from cover to cover *anywhere you like* is fantastic. The boss fights are a little finicky and rely too heavily on quicktime actions, but can still be engaging. But the robots gods, the robots. They drag the game down.

I understand that every game like this needs its "tough" mook. Arkham Asylum has its knife-wielding thugs and the stun batons, and this game has its robots. But where Batman had maybe two or three knives in a group, Spiderman has to fight entire rooms filled with robots. Story-wise, sure, it makes sense. But game-wise, it's just exhausting, and makes the game a pain.

I can recommend the game for it's web-swinging, collectible-hunting, the challenges, and the rescue of citizens. But be warned that Spidey's wisecracks repeat a little too often, and following the storyline may be an exercise in frustration.
  10. May 14, 2013
    Absolutely best Spider-Man game ever! Plot, gameplay, mobility, collectibles, simply everything. I played lots of hours and I had plenty of fun. Really enjoyable. I wish every superhero game was at least as good at this one. For Spidey fun it a duty to play this game. You won't regret time spend with this production. It is only pity that actors from the newest movie didn't give their faces and voices. Expand
  11. Apr 26, 2013
    The game is good, very similar to the batman games. I bought at steam and have to much problem to play.
    My Radeon HD 7970 cant play with a decent fps rate. I have to change a directx file every time i want to play that game, is absurd!!!!
  12. Jul 18, 2013
    Amazing Spider-Man is back! Is that a good thing? No. This game isn't that good like some people say. This game isn't amazing. It's repetitive. Web-slinging isn't that good, it has glitches and it's story isn't that good. Combat is decent, it's not bad, but something more variations like Shattered Dimensions would make it awesome. Story isn't long and not good and after first playthrough, I didn't wanna do a second. It's just boring. There are max 3 different side-mission variations. Escort prisoners, who looks the same, help people from thugs, who look the same. Black Cat side-mission was good though. Camera has issues and web-slinging gets repetitive also. And web-rush makes it too easy. Since you can use that, there's no meaning using web-sling. You can collect 700 comics, but in the console version, you don't get anything else, except a trophy. In PC, you will get 2012 Kaine's (Spider-Man's clone) Scarlet Spider suit.

Luckily, there are costumes and in the PC version you can mod them to awesome, but since it's only in PC, it doesn't make the score better. And costumes aren't that good, without modding. Raimi's black suit for example.

You can buy it if, you're Spidey fan (like me), but don't expect anything good.
  13. Nov 20, 2013
    It took me a while to get into this Spider-Man game… At first the controls felt absolutely awful, really just un-smooth and clunky; however after a while you do start to get better hang at controlling Spider-Man and things do get a little easier… However, don’t get me wrong crawling on ceilings and walls is still a complete disorientating disaster! As for the main campaign, I felt it was rather short and surprisingly easy to get through! The side-missions although fairly fun at first, the lack of variety does get slightly tiring! However, all that being said I have managed to play this game through, I enjoyed it and I do occasionally go back to pick up some collectables and such… I think if you can get into the game and get to grips with the controls this can be a quite enjoyable experience! Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

Great surprise that is does not have that much in common with the recent movie (fortunately). Maybe for this is the reason the game is played so well. [Sept 2012]