8.3

1. Aug 7, 2014
    A lot of companies should learn form this game. First lest have biblical references, mix it with dark humor in a childrish style of graphics, an awesome dungeon crawler gameplay and BOOM you get TBoI. Also the DLC is amazing and such references to the original sin, king Midas, Satan, the hangwire reresenting blasphemy... this game is so sinful and disgusting that I love it.
  2. Aug 5, 2014
    This game is the most re-playable game that is made and will ever be made. I love this game so much. Sadly, achievements don't work on mac. So much content, that even me, with hundreds of hours of gameplay, have not completed this game 100%.
  3. Aug 4, 2014
    This game is so ridiculously difficult that it makes Dark Souls set on hard look like a kid's game. You can expect to live about 3 or 4 minutes on average. I don't know how people can think this is a good game when you can only play 3 minutes before dying. It is not even fair how poor the controls are. You have basically no chance to win. Look at the stats. On Steam, 37% of the players couldn't even get the EASIEST of the 84 achievements. How sad is that? Unless you are a masochist, please don't waste your money. Expand
  4. Aug 4, 2014
    Be warned: this game is ROGUE. If you do not like dying a bunch and restarting from scratch over and over, this is not for you. If you do not like challenging games, borderline frustrating deaths, this game is not for you. I died over 300 times in 60 hours= about one death (restart) every 12 minutes.

This is the epitome of old-school rogue games. Main difference is that each
    play-through is random instead of the same exact thing every time. That said, you will often find yourself playing in much the same manner over and over again. Items are random, so some runs you will get lucky and others you will get unlucky.

At one point I considered it just barely above a flash game, now I find it's pretty decent, I played over 60 hours, though not all of them were fun. Buy it on sale, I don't value it at $5. If you're patient and willing to master the simple but challenging gameplay, give it a shot.
  5. Jul 31, 2014
    This game is disgusting. Maybe it has a lot of action and fun gameplay, but it is disgusting. I am not so timid to be afraid of blood and guts in the game, but if the game consists only from blood, guts, gore and terrible freaks it is not for me. And especially such kind of games where you kill your own mother. Disgusting.
  6. Jul 10, 2014
    this game is so cool. the first 1 hour of playing it like me you will have no idea what is going on. but after 3 hours of gameplay the game becomes unique. and its only 5 pounds. must buy.
  7. Jul 8, 2014
    This is a great game, that can give you hundreds of hours of varied gameplay, for a low price of admission. I would best describe this as a Rogue-like meets the original Legend of Zelda, but it really goes way beyond that simple description. Basically, you play through randomly generated dungeons reminiscent of the dungeons from LoZ using a choice of six different characters, w/ each character playing like a traditional RPG "class" like the Warrior, Druid, Cleric, etc. There are a total of six "chapters" for each play-through, and each "chapter" contains two floors. On each floor you will find at least one treasure room, 2 secret rooms, and one boss room, w/ a lot of other possible "bonus rooms" thrown in like the Shop, Arcade, or Library. The general idea of the game is to battle your way through each floor collecting power-ups that do things like give you a different type of shot (for example homing shots, or turning your regular "bullets" into missiles), increase your stats (Health, Speed, Damage, Shot Rate, and Range), or give you other items that alter the way you interact with the world and the enemies. This is what some of the other reviewers here don't seem to get, this game is all about finding, and using, all the really neat and widely varied power-ups with the different characters to complete the game in different ways. It's easy to see that some of the other reviewers did not spend a lot of time with the game b/c the true genius of this game isn't apparent after just an hour or two, or even a play-through or two. Since the game features randomly generated rooms, strung together to form new dungeons every time you play, when you mix that with the literally HUNDREDS of items, and power-ups that significantly alter game play, you will never play the same game twice.

I can understand not everyone "getting" this game, it IS quite difficult until you really get a hang of the feel of the controls, and there are certain points where the game actually makes itself harder (after defeating certain bosses, or completing the game a certain number of times) and for the longest time I played w/ the browser open in the background so I could look and see what a certain item did. Then there is the story...which is a bit, weird (to put it mildly). The story is loosely based off of the Biblical story of Abraham and his son Isaac, whom god ordered Abraham to sacrifice as a show of faith, fear and obedience. I don't see why anyone would take offense, but then again, I'm not a very religious person. But, imho, all these are very minor quibbles with what I have found to be one of the best values for my gaming dollars EVER.

If you ever see this game on sale during a Steam sale, do yourself a favor and grab this game, you can get both the original + the xpac for like $3 when they have it up at 75% off. At that price, this should be a no brainer.
  8. Jun 13, 2014
    I am conflicted about what to say about TBoI. On the one hand, I have played it obsessively and found it fun and frustrating in equal turns. Of course, that is how I felt about Edmund McMillen's other smash-hit PC game, Super Meat Boy, and that is one of my favorite independent games. Isaac has a similar sense of humor, though it is even darker, and that could certainly turn some people off (but, hey, if you look for two seconds at the game you're purchasing, you should know what to expect). I found most of the grotesquery pretty amusing, but certain things still managed to turn my stomach. The art design and music are both absolutely perfect (I suggest a soundtrack purchase, honestly), and the game feels like a cohesive piece of morbid art. Where it has issues is in the gameplay. Isaac is a rougelike, meaning you progress through randomly generated levels with little foreknowledge of what to expect, little idea of what to do, and when you die, you come all the way back to the start. One of the hallmarks of the rougelike is the typically insane difficulty, and this is due in part to the lack of information given about items, enemies, and the like. I love rougelikes (this game is among the three best on Steam, in my opinion, with Dungeons of Dredmor and FTL filling out the list) for these very elements--it's great, for instance to equip an item, only to learn that it has a high risk-reward factor, and say, "So it's going to be one of THOSE runs"--but I can understand that the high difficulty would again turn some away. Isaac's issues don't come with the randomness, but rather, with the controls. Isaac feels too slippery, especially when you receive speed boosts, and this can lead to many, many "cheap deaths." Also, the game is set in mostly confined rooms, and Isaac's sprite is just too large; his hit box can even grow with certain items, making his life extremely difficult to save. Also, after beating the main boss for the first time (I'll leave them nameless so it can be a surprise), I felt a rush of achievement and exhilaration...only to not get the achievement. I looked it up--certain achievements are a bit glitchy, meaning they could come the next time you open the game, or maybe you might have to just re-achieve them. Oy vey! I purchased the DLC for the game as well, which is a great expansion, but I suggest getting used to the base game first because the DLC is even harder. For what it's worth, if you're ready for the challenge of your life, pick this game up and revel in its silly, macabre humor. Good luck. If that doesn't sound like your cup of tea, you ought to back away slowly, and pretend you never stumbled into this game. Expand
  9. Jun 5, 2014
    Fantastic game, as long as you're okay with some gross dark humor. It's hard at first, but get in the zone and you'll be playing this for a lot longer than intended. If you're a classic Legend of Zelda fan, you'll appreciate this game even more. I like it because it's incredibly fun for long or short periods of time.
  10. May 28, 2014
    Pretty awesome though quite sick occasionally. Though I find it unplayable with anyone other than Cain.

The programer is occasionally spotty (java, man oh man) and bugs have gone unfixed (some items apparently do nothing..?) but I really do enjoy this one.
  11. May 17, 2014
    Absolutely cool game!! I`ve never seen games like that!!! Thanks for the game and nice soundtracks)! This is the best indi-game i`ve ever played before!!!! Dani Baranovski, you are the best!!!!
  12. May 14, 2014
    Dark with endless replay ability. Stupid amounts of fun if you enjoy rogue like games. Soon to be remade and extended greatly as The binding of Isaac Rebirth.
  13. May 13, 2014
    This is a rogue-like. An infuriatingly difficult rogue-like. The randomly generated levels, enemies, items drops and bosses makes BoI extraordinarily re-playable. The art is gross, the music is creepy, and the anti-religious theme is controversial. I love it. It makes for a violent and hilarious game. Pros: - Fast paced action - Great replay, random generation! - Smooth controls - Easy to learn, hard to master
    - Hilarious art and effects
    - Tons of weird and gross items/enemies/traps/bosses/maps

Cons:
    - Rage quittingly difficult
    - No controller support
    - Flash game
    - Item explanations are occasionally vague

A really great game that will provide you your money's worth. Your girlfriend will be grossed out and you will laugh. Laugh until you begin howling with fury. 82/100
  14. Feb 18, 2014
    Easily one of my top 5 favorite games ever. The randomness, difficulty,and insane amount of strategy involved makes this still fun to play, even to this day. If you never played this game, and don't mind a few mature themes, do yourself a favor and pick this up as soon as possible.
  15. Feb 16, 2014
    +Infinite replay value ; every run is different
    +Challanging ; you have to play with what you get
    +Hilarious ; the appearance chance can makes Issac very funny looking

-Might be too difficult for people who're new to the genre
  16. Feb 6, 2014
    Let's talk about Zelda for a second. It was a good game in it's time, and is still addicting and fun today. But I feel like that kind of fun is squandered upon newer, higher- tech games. It's the system of trial-and-error that makes you want to play it for hours on end. And that's what The Binding of Isaac is. There are no saves or checkpoints. It gives you a keyboard and mouse and says "scratch your ass with this and see what happens". Once you find out that it probably won't do anything, you realize something. You realize that you have, in fact, been scratching your ass the entire time. Or it seems that way because the game is so hard! Anyway, I digress. Just like Zelda, they give you a game and you play it. And eventually get better and better, until you scratch your ass so hard that magical fairies pop out and make you beat the game. It teaches you not to be an idiot, and gives you a couple magic beans along the way to help you win. All the bosses and the entire story is based on the bible. Your mom is a christian fanatic, and she hears a "voice from God" telling her that Isaac (the character you play as) is a spawn of Satan, so she tries to kill him with a butcher knife. Out of fear, you find a trapdoor under the carpet which brings you down to the basement, where you fight monsters that look like they come straight from some deranged kid's sketchbook. But the cartoony, creepy art style is what makes the experience more magical. Overall, this game is super addictive, just don't play it at an age where it will scare the crap out of you.

Also, don't try and explain it to your parents. The conversation I had went something like this: "What is that game?" "It's a zelda-like top down shooter where your mom thinks you're a spawn of Satan so she tries to kill you with a butcher knife and you find a trapdoor and-" "Okay! I've heard enough! I don't know if I want you playing that though..."
  17. Feb 6, 2014
    A great "five more minutes game". I'll just try it one more time. Oh, I almost made it to the womb. OK, I gotta try again. Oh, I unlocked a new item. Better go look for that.

There is no stopping this game.
  18. Feb 4, 2014
    absolutely perfect game. even with all the newest and fanciest games installed on my computer. I still find myself coming back to Isaac over and over again even after getting all the achievements.
  19. Feb 2, 2014
    Playing again and again until you do not finish your evil christian mom. Surprisingly, it is not boring and repetitive, it is challenging. The world is randomly generated so your game is never the same. Nice graphics and soundtrack, a lot of different creatures and interesting boss fights.
  20. Dec 18, 2013
    This is easily one of the best games i have played, i have played it for like 200 hours.
    When you get into the game there is so much depth, variation and cool ideas.
    If any people whine over its to hard, they really need to just stop playing games, if a game like this is hard and cruel there is a meaning to that. That feeling when you kill the last boss of the first section is fantastic,

and you wanna do that again and again to see the new bosses the new items the new characters the new enemies and the new everything. This game is so worth youre money, if you pick it up on sale it is some of the best money you will ever use.
  21. Dec 11, 2013
    Binding of Isaac is like a bottle of wine. It gets better each time you come back. There is a slight learning curve, if you have never played a roguelike, and the dark humor might not be right for everyone. However,
    for $5, I'd say to give it a try.
  22. Dec 11, 2013
    Cartoon horrorish art style, dungeons with cruel enemies, random generated levels and ten other reasons why to play Issac. But be careful this is the most dangerous one-more-level-like game.
  23. Nov 20, 2013
    Such a fun game. Lots and lots of replayability. The difficulty though, oh boy. It honestly became a bit tiring after countless of times dying and starting over without beating the game even once. Luckily it has so many different item routes to take, even though in many situations the choices aren't yours to make. And besides, isn't challenge what games like this are all about! Very addictive also. I just wish they gave you some more info than just the name about the items you find.
    I'd recommend it to anyone who looks for challenging, fun and long-lasting game experience and doesn't mind the old school looks.
  24. Nov 14, 2013
    Essentially a game that lasts forever. For $5 dollars, you get countless hours of fun. The game has you rely a lot on luck, which can be frustrating, but it works for the most part. A few slowdowns, even on powerful machines, due to flash. Still great worth the low, low price!
  25. Nov 9, 2013
    This is an amazing arcade game and it is 100% worth the price! This game does what not many arcade games can do and that is not to be repetitive. Every time you die there will be another randomly generated level for you to play so you don't get bored. The only problem is this game can get extremely frustrating especially as some of the bosses (like Gurdy) are near impossible to beat.
  26. Nov 8, 2013
    Anybody that gives this game a bad review is just crazy. For the price, no other game can compare. It is quite simple, with the player entering rooms of enemies to move to the next floor. This simplicity is followed up with an insane amount of upgrades and depth. The story isn't too compelling, but that really isn't what the game is about. The Binding of Isaac is about going as far as you can in one run. To put it into perspective, I have spent 39 hours playing this game, the most out of any game I own on steam. It is easily worth the price, and will offer hours of addictive play. A must buy for any gamer. Expand
  27. Nov 5, 2013
    To the person who says that people who hate this game "don't get the concept of a roguelike", please stop talking. I've played roguelikes. Hell, Nethack is one of my favorite games of all time and I consider it the best RPG ever made (Keep crying, Skyrim and FFVII fanboys). This is nowhere close to a roguelike. For one thing, Roguelikes don't constantly rely entirely on luck. Skill has no place in The Binding of Isaac. They had to leave it out for more references to poop and Newgrounds videos. If you get dealt a bad hand, you can't make the most of it. You will get killed to the point of frustration. At least in Nethack, you rarely can blame the game for your bad playing.

The graphics? Do I even need to explain why they are bad? I don't mean in an artistic sense, even. If you like naked formaldehyde babies in a "cutesy" art style, then you might like this game. Also, I never want to meet you. I mean in a technical view. It is literally made in Flash. Flash is an AWFUL animation program, especially when you want to look professional. You mean to tell me that Edmund McMillen couldn't use any of his Super Meat Boy money to buy actual animation software? How lazy is he?

Speaking of Flash, did you know that this game is also CODED in Flash? So when your game crashes or has inconsistent performance (Achievement sounds loudly blaring when you turn off sound and music), thank Flash for that.

The "indie sense of humor" (toilet humor and "funney innernet joeks") is in full. References to meme faces, poop, and a bunch of Newgrounds games make up the humor. It's like Epic Movie except people who aren't entrenched in internet culture won't get the jokes and nerds like it because it "appeals to them". Give me a break. Binding of Isaac sucks. It's $5 and often goes down to a buck. Not even worth it at that price. You can get a real roguelike like Nethack for free.
  28. Oct 30, 2013
    Love the game so much. Only have 108 hours of game-time but got the game almost complete. just few achievements left. Can't wait for BOI:Rebirth :)
    If anyone wants a good idea of the game then I would suggest looking up "Bisnap" on youtube. He is really good at the game. Really good game.
  29. Oct 29, 2013
    The thing that makes this game special, is how original it is. The story is original, the gameplay is original, and it's a step backward in the best way possible. It's absolutely fantastic and you need to play this. I don't think I need to say any more.
  30. Oct 28, 2013
    Another great indie game that has a lot of achievements to fulfill and is by no means a walk in the park, TBoI and its DLC counterpart make a great, yet fairly simple game where there are many combinations of items you can find that can make you either extremely powerful or make that round extremely difficult.
  31. Oct 26, 2013
    This is possibly the darkest, most brutal, hardest, weirdest game I have ever played. Not everyday can I say I played a pc game in which I am an infant with a fetus attached to my head and a parasite lodged in my skull, trying to kill my mom whilst fighting hordes of mutant spiders and chunks of flesh.

This game is probably not a good idea for people that are grossed-out by video game
    gore, and the religious references can be offensive to some people.

However, this game is fun as hell but can cause quite a lot of aggravation because of its difficulty. It's a well designed randomly generated dungeon dwelling bullet-hell massacre!
  32. Oct 23, 2013
    The Binding of Isaac is a fun game. It has a nice adventure and you can't say it's always the same, because every time you play again you play with different items, scenes and bosses. Also, the story is hilarious. However, you might get bored after a while, for you always have the same goal.
  33. Oct 19, 2013
    Extremely cheap copy of the old Bomberman games. Graphics are like that drawn by a 3-year old kid and music is close to non existent. Good thing I didn't buy it but came in a bundle.
  34. Oct 17, 2013
    Nails, great little shooter that both infuriates and delights at an equal level, the dark psychology behind the setting is just superb and as old school 2D semi RPG shooters go, you're onto a winner.
  35. Oct 15, 2013
    pleeease first understand that this game was made for a niche audience, not for everyone and its not the kind of game one expects to see in this age of gaming.... nevertheless the game goes on to sell millions of copies... why??

cause it rocks... thats why... binding of isaac's design is based of the legend of zelda dungeon structure, except that its randomly generated and has a huge
    number of items which changes the way his bullets (tears) behave and/or change your appearance and/or your stats... and add ahealthy dose of ed mcmillen's weird humor ...

the game manages to keep itself interesting THANKS ONLY TO THE LARGE VARIETY OF ITEMS AND BOSSES and for no other reason whatsoever... so if you go in expecting strategy, and usage of brains, then you will be disappointed to say the least... this game demands precise dodging and good ability to read the enemy patterns (which most old school gamers possess)...

so what is good about the game as i said is its large variety of items and bosses, all for a price of a cuppa coffee... many ppl may lose 100s of hours, but i dont see more than 10 hrs of game here, anything more is pointless (read artificial extension of gameplay time)

whats so bad for it to deserve a 7?? its not very well thought out... as i said earlier, the dev didnt expect the game to sell at all, so he just made it a hotch potch, half assed effort (purely imo)... i believe if he had spent a little more time, this could have been an excellent game worthy of universal praise

(which i hope binding of isaac rebirth will be)
  36. Oct 10, 2013
    Im a Christian very much and i love this game. Many people tell me to stop playing this game but i wont because it doesnt offend me at all and its very playable even more the comercial games. So please Video game creator look at this game and learn how to make them.
  37. Oct 1, 2013
    An amazing dungeon crawler. The game has the difficulty without being horribly unfun. The game adds a lot of replay value through its unlock system. This game is being remade outside of Java, so we will expect a lot more out of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.
  38. Oct 1, 2013
    Definitely a must-have during Steam Sales, but even at regular retail price I think it's worth the money. I will admit I didn't enjoy the game at first, but over time you will create strategies and learn the nature of each monster, providing you with tens to maybe even hundreds of hours of skill and luck. Edmund McMillen did great on this revival of the dying genre of Rogue-like games, and added his own element of unique and fascinating artwork, similar to his previous title, Super Meat Boy. Overall, this game is great, because it brings together so many great elements for a game to have into one wholesome title, making it enjoyable for everyone except those who don't take time to see the beauty of a game. Expand
  39. Sep 30, 2013
    If you don't like fast paced roguelike games then just stay away. If you're expecting something similar to Zelda then..... idk actually look at the gamepage??? This game lives up to everything it displays, and goes over and beyond that. I went in expecting a little rogueish game i could play for a min then leave, but 2 hours later I had a very different opinion. Fun, fast, coqed up in the head, and functional, and in terms of story? Its about a little kid whos messed up in the head, simple as can be. Expand
  40. Sep 30, 2013
    simply amazing. If you enjoy rogue style rpg(random generator spawns) then you have to try this out. between the large amount of power up collectibles and difficulty of the game, it will keep you coming back for more
  41. Sep 30, 2013
    The Binding of Isaac has a neat idea, but in the end it's not worthwhile and boring. Some people will like it, but I feel quite a few people will be bored to death with the simple combat, dumb story, dumb, pandering humour, and item drops which often feel unfair or stupid. Did I mention, the item drops often just result in the game taking a long time to beat, as opposed to making the game harder? Yeah, it just gets boring for me. But, some people might get a kick out of it if they really really like rogue likes. Expand
  42. Sep 28, 2013
    If you can get it really cheap or ina bundle get it. It's good for casual gaming and short bursts. Even the game is not pc demanding at all, graphic settings on high can lag a laptop (WTF) controls with keyboard are tricky BUT NOT BAD. People are wrong when the say keyb on this game is broken. First, movement counts on your firing altering direction. Second, put the graphic options on LOW to make sure there is no input lag for the keyb.
    third, there is some kind on inertia when you move, so be careful.

You have to be really lucky to get the right stuff to finish the game.
    If you only feel happy with a game if you finish it, dont play. the joy of this game
    is based on how random it can be,aming it difficult. If this wasn't like this,the game
    would be short as in wft.
    conclusion, there are better rogue like games out there but this one can be enjoyable.
  43. Sep 20, 2013
    I have played this for over 20 hours now.
    what good about this game?
    + intro movie
    + random dungeon and items
    + The music in this game is great :)
    + The enemies are awesome
    Whats bad about this game?
    - No cheat button or easy mode for my non-video gaming friends
  44. Sep 15, 2013
    OH MY GOD THIS GAME!!!!!!!!11
    This game is INCREDIBLE, with the amount of different item combinations, the overall difficulty level and replay value, the original gameplay and AWESOME music, make this game what it is. A masterpiece. The controls are amazing, the art is amazing, I can't give this game enough praise. It's $5 for he base game and $5 for the expansion pack. $10 for this
    package of amazing. I think it is £3 each for both base, and expansion pack in Britain, spending a total of £6 on this game is an incredibly good deal. BUY THIS GAME. Expand
  45. Sep 12, 2013
    I first played this for an hour or so and felt amazed at how silly and shallow it was. "why is this game so popular" I said to myself. Then I came back and found a little more, again and again. Eventually, after learning the ropes and getting deeper into the dungeon, I realized how rich and weird and *fun* this game is. Really a smashing success, a small success maybe, but tons of fun. Spent a couple of days in my office playing this on the sly, just couldn't put it down! Expand
  46. Aug 31, 2013
    The binding of Isaac... A stellar little steam game. Well worth the 7 odd dollars with the expansion. MY main attraction to this game was the dark and religious element to the game. ITs very unique in its neo-gothical revision of Christianity. I also very much enjoyed the randomness of every game and getting items. Getting items is the real opiate of the game which makes it so worth while. The designers here have done great work and I hope to see more from them in the future. As for Isaac.... Shell out the cash for this one, its fun on breaks and lunch. Expand
  47. Aug 29, 2013
    binding of isaac seems really retro, without looking retro or trying to be retro for the sake of it. it is hard and difficult, and never holds your hand along the way. which alot of modern games seem to do now. It is really simple, yet difficult, riveting, and heart pulsing gameplay. there is SOOOOOOO much experimentation here with hundreds of items to use and try. graphics fit nice and have a cartoony easy on the eyes look. you WILL die, alot. but just like old games it makes that winning THAT much more exciting. (and when you probably beat it you will most likely dance in happiness). and speaking of endgame the replay ability has the most replay value ive ever experienced. I usually NEVER replay a game unless i really love it (only games ive replated Bioshock, and elder scrolls). But this makes you have a REASON to replay it. because once you beat it you wouldnt have found all the interesting items, and you will unlock new playable characters, new bosses, new rooms, progress further into the game, and new enemies (probably forgetting more). But in reality you have to beat the game about like 10 times before you REALLY beat it. it seems confusing. but i have 50 hours in BOI and still only on like the 7th ending. it's a hard game, but have never felt more rewarded beating it more than any other game. Expand
  48. Aug 25, 2013
    Amazing art, music, sound, humor, and gameplay. McMillen has shown me over and over again how great he is as a game designer and the amount of effort he puts into making his fans happy goes above and beyond anyone I have seen. Thank you for sapping so many hours of my life.
  49. Aug 17, 2013
    Unfortunately we live in times when you don't have to learn how to control your character, you don't have to get used to the game and whole game should be able to complete in 5h. "New generation" of gamers rate Isaac low, but don't mind them because this game is masterpiece once you actually START playing, and we all know they can't focus on one game for more than few hours and are not interested in learning controls. You need to beat it few times to even unlock last boss which will take 20+ hours of solid gameplay, by then your controls are perfect (once again don't listen to kids, don't even try to use controller, keyboard gives superior edge).
    Possibilities in this game are limitless, with thinking and item juggling you can easily win the game even on 3rd-4th floor by getting pumped as late Zyzz. Combinations of items and THINKING how to use them out of the box is not for new generation of gamers, if you are one don't even come close to Binding of Isaac because it will chew you and spit you on the floor like all those who rated it low.
  50. Aug 15, 2013
    This is the kind of game in which you say "I'll just do a quick run" then find yourself sinked in it for hours. The random aspect of it makes it feel fresh even after several hours of play and the difficult keep increasing as the power you can get. I may say, some of the rooms are plain frustrating cause you don't have space to dodge unless you have a fly upgrade, but that's not dramatic, that kind of room isn't that common. Despite being random, if you play well you usually get an erray of upgrades good enough to fight till the end. And this is the best part of it, a lot of the upgrades play in synergy with each other so every time you play you can end up with very different results. Sadly there are some items that are just useless and don't work well with anything else, but are not a lot. Creepy and funny. Expand
  51. Aug 12, 2013
    I will strongly disagree with some of the reviews that sell this as a game that will never become boring. It did become very boring very fast (after 3 hours) to me. Here's why: it is very hard and unforgiving when you die, you start all over again. The success of the passing of a certain level will depend on the random generator of the game if you get lucky and find a good improvement (let's say a gun that shoots through obstacles) you have a 300% better chance of passing. But if you find something else you will probably not pass the level. This is frustrating, and also pointless in replay value. The story is unique, the setting is weird and fascinating, the monsters are disturbing and imaginative, but the game play is repetitive and boring, though challenging and absurdly tough. Expand
  52. Aug 10, 2013
    The Binding of Isaac was my first real venture into indie games back in 2011 and to tell the truth, I didn't like it. However I was in a different state of mind with games, where I expected them to be this amazing playable experience immediately. Isaac is not one of those games. This game gets better with time, the more you play it the more you appreciate how well balanced the game is. Isaac is like playing super mario but every time you put the cartridge in you played the a totally different game but at the same time still following the same general experience as the first time you played. Expand
  53. Jul 30, 2013
    I never understood the appeal of this game. The graphical theme is disgusting, to say the least. The atmosphere depressing. The gameplay is overly frantic. And nothing, nothing is explained to the user. Look, you found a thing. What does the thing do? We won't tell you! You have to play hundreds of hours to find out for yourself! On top of that, you get Steam achievements for finding random stuff. No skill involved, just luck. Look ma, I played this game for 200 hours until the random number generator gave me that elusive last achievement! Meh. Expand
  54. Jul 29, 2013
    Sometimes you can trade graphics and story for a game that's just plain fun. If this game wasn't as hard as it is then it would be a really quick play through and you never would play it again. Instead, I have put many, many hours into this game and never fully completed it. Somehow, with this game it never gets frustrating. For $5? Buy it.
  55. Jul 27, 2013
    This game is simply awesome, the idea of a full random instance is brilliant and the story is clichè but fits perfectly with the type of game. The controls are difficult and the enemies are strong, and this makes the game very difficult and an ongoing challange, otherwise a game like this wouldn't be worth the price. There are plenty of powerups and items but it is still very difficult to get to the last stage alive (52deaths/0momkills for me). Also there aren't a lot of games with permadeath and I think in a game plke this is the first time it apears. So, my mark is a full 10, 'cause I just started and I feel to go on forever. Expand
  56. Jul 25, 2013
    Fantastic. Unless you are sensitive to religious jokes and blood (with a bit of excrement), this game is a steal at $5. I didn't even know there were people who wanted to play this with a game pad. My friends and I have always used only WASD and the arrow keys, and it's worked out fine. I've beaten the "real" final boss with three characters, and not a single issue relating to controls has arisen. Sure the game can be difficult, and you need a bit of luck, but all the luck in the world won't save you if you don't have the skill, which you only get more of when you play. If you can't handle this game 10 seconds in, it's not right for you. In fact, I don't think any "game" can be right for you. Just a pretty path that you pay $60 to walk through for a few hours. That sounds about your speed. Expand
  57. Jul 19, 2013
    This game feels like the ones that one would find on a free flash game website. It feels cheap and the execution just feels off to me. Maybe it's that the game doesn't tell you much about anything about the game play (damage numbers, if your shot actually hit the poop pile, that walking over a store item will buy it). I played about 3 games and I just got bored of it (to those who wonder if I beat the game, my third try got me to the second to last level). Also, having the ability to only shoot in 4 directions just annoys the hell out of me, along with the projectiles slightly carrying the movement of Isaac. Makes for inaccurate gameplay that feels like throwing arrows and hoping one hits. This game connects with many people, but I guess I am not one of them. Expand
  58. Jul 19, 2013
    The best words to sum up this game would be "omg" and "wtf."
    The opening video for the game is worth half the base price alone. Really funny random humor.
    The gameplay is hard as hell, and I rarely make it past the first stage, but the game is designed to play in an arcade type fashion so I can accept the unforgiving difficulty.
    Great indie game. Must buy for an indie fan.
  59. Jul 17, 2013
    Binding of Isaac is fun, creative, and addictive. Problems? It's not very different. The items and story are unique, but the enemies and layouts are pretty boring. The game's levels never change in design, they are just a re-texture and get harder. The enemies are what you see in all your games just with different designs. You got your turrets, your bombers and things that chase you. The only boss I found creative is Mom. But that's it.

The game is fun so I will give it a 6.2.
  60. Jul 16, 2013
    The monster design and attack animation will only appeal to a selected minority. (I have played lots of horror game, but that's the only game I feel uncomfortable with) There is no description for the items randomly found during your adventure, you just test it by trial-and-error.

This is only a room-based 2D shooter game, with even no platform jumping involved. Your success depends on
    luck. The strength of monsters spawned and the usefulness of upgrade items found determine whether you can make it or not. There is not much lying on the skill side of player.

Also, this is not a progressive rogue game, you lose everything when you die. You need to start all over again, and you may be bored due to the limited randomness of enemy type, boss, room design in the first several stages, which are the ones you need to get through again and again.

Overall, if you don't mind a fresh start each time, and you like that kind of artistic style, this flash-game-like shooter game is for you.
  61. Jul 11, 2013
    Very Good Game. Very hard at first but will get easier. My Win/Death was at once 7-17. Now its 75-67. After a while it will get easy. If you buy this game and don't like it... Its just 5 bucks so calm down.
  62. Jul 1, 2013
    I can say that The Binding of Isaac is one of the most hard games that I've ever seen. Not only because of your luck in game, but also that lazy graphic and good game. And I always say: a simple graphic doesn't mean a bad game.
    It is very cheap due to the game (I think i spent $4 total including the DLC, but it was on steam sale), and you have to understand that this game can be horrible,
    yes. Santan, God relation, Devil stuff, pacts, but this game was a pretty creative one. Good soundtrack, good time to enjoy, good money spent, good graphic (yes, it is a good graphic. The game is so simple, so addicting, it doesn't have to have THAT graphic).
    People just have to be patient. Not always I get a good item, then, I die fast. So well, let's just play again and try to kill mom once, twice, until you have patience. However, you're not obliged to play it.
  63. AWG
    Jun 26, 2013
    Everything in this game is random, everything in this game is bad.
    Wasted potential everywhere, and way too much references to "funny" memes from the internet.
  64. Jun 23, 2013
    In short: It's good. Buy it if you're into rogue-like dungeon crawlers with heavy Legend of Zelda elements.

So I bought this game during a sale where it was $1.24, but originally it's a $5 game.

You play as Isaac, a young boy who flees to the depths of his basement after his over religious mother hears God command her to kill her son. From there Isaac must gather powerups and items
    to help him defeat his mother in combat.

So it's simple, and fun. Fun. Well, it's basically the Legend of Zelda (the first one that is) on steroids. It's basically screen to screen rooms, fighting a boss and fighting enemies along the way. After you kill the boss, you can go down another floor, rinse and repeat. It's just addicting, as each floor gets larger and larger, with great boss battles and interesting secrets to be found.
    There are several characters to unlock by doing several little challenges, and each has their own little perks and stats.

There's very few criticisms to think of at time of writing, besides that the game can be a little unforgiving at times. Death and Isaac go hand in hand and you will spend endless hours trying to outdo yourself and your own progress.
    The game has endless replay value and will have you playing for hours and hours.
    The score by Danny Baranowsky is just amazing, the music being unique and great to hear during the time you spend on this game. Credit goes out to him and his skill.

If you like this genre, check out the demo, and if you like that, go ahead and purchase the game.
  65. Jun 18, 2013
    WARNING: this game is luck-based, meaning you can beat it ONLY if you are extremely lucky, like the lottery. Most of the time (99%) the game is uber-difficult and almost unbeatable. There are only 5-6 levels to beat but at level 4, if you weren't lucky enough to get "good drops", the game gets insanely difficult and if you die you have to start over AGAIN, making this a total frustration to play.

I'm 8 hours in and I still can't pass level 4 and I haven't beat the game yet, and it's not because I suck at it, this game has little to do with skills, it's because "I'm not lucky enough" to get the essential drops that will help me kill a boss that fires constantly in 8 directions while jumping around dropping flies and vomiting acid, all at the same time, and you only have 2-3 hearts meaning you can only endure 2-6 hits before you are death.

Very good game ruined by insane difficulty and luck-based chances of winning. Don't waste your time with this, specially if you like, you know, beat and see the endings of your games. It gets 2 points because of the concept, gameplay and good music.
  66. Jun 15, 2013
    I religiously play this game atleast once a day to see if I can finally defeat the final boss. I never succeed, but that's what keeps me coming back for more! each time you play through, the game gets randomized in every aspect. Different enemies, different map layouts, different items, healths, difficulty! almost everything. And I seriously love that aspect in games, it's what keeps gamers coming back for more. The thrill of having the game change when you come back to it. I've clocked up 24 hours of gameplay and I am still finding bosses that I have never fought before! suprises enemies, and items! the game's soundtrack is really nostalgic too, for some reason it reminds me of real old school gaming years. Since this game is also 3£ on steam, it is certainly worth picking up! you will not regret it! Expand
  67. May 18, 2013
    I will try to keep this short. This game is so hard, yet so addictive. For it's ABNORMALLY low price, it will keep you entertained for way over 50 HOURS at LEAST. One of the best, if not the best rogue-like shooter I have ever played.
  68. May 17, 2013
    Easily worth it's relatively cheap price, Isaac is a brilliantly refreshing game. I really enjoyed it's controls and random generation. Great for casual pick up and play moments. Very difficult, but many would not call this a downside. Get it.
  69. May 13, 2013
    After playing a game like Super Meat Boy, I wondered just how screwed up in the head Edmund was for making such a game that had no right being so amazing. "What could he think of next?" I would ask. The answer I got was disturbing but oh so pleasing, The Binding of Isaac. This game is as creepy and mental as the trailer leads it on to be. You fight demonic entities, decapitated bodies, giant worms, biblical figures, mirror copies yourself (it's complicated), and other abominations throughout the game while keeping a consistent tone for the most part. It can get comical how outrageous this game gets. References, scenes, and power-ups lighten the tone slightly as the game gets weirder and weirder. As you play, you get more characters, more bosses, and even make the game harder. There are lots of endings to spare as well as power-ups to find and unlock. The game evokes a feeling of satisfaction whenever I play it, giving me a great experience. The game is hard however, so you may wanna be careful. If I personally have one complaint, it's the engine. Flash is an engine that, in my opinion, isn't much more complex than the wheel. It's just as primative too. For the most part, the engine behaves, but lag, bugs, and worse can happen without a moment's notice. But I feel all this is fair considering a game that kicks THIS much ass is only $5. I love this game. Go buy it. Expand
  70. TVD
    May 12, 2013
    Just epic and stupid at the same time. Creator is a genius! Never gets boring (I don't even understand why but it's a fact) and you can easily surpass the 50-100 h of gameplay.
  71. May 11, 2013
    Incredibly fun game. It has an insane amount of replay value as the combination of weapons are endless. It's dauntingly difficult at first, but once you get more familiar with the controls, enemy movements, and the gameplay mechanics, it becomes a lot more enjoyable. I poured days into this game, I've gotten the absolute final achievement, but I keep playing this game. Every new game is literally a new game. You'll never know what item you'll get on the first floor, and what kind of unique combination it'll have with the item you get on the second. Expand
  72. May 11, 2013
    The best game ever! anyone who gave this less than a 7 does not know what they are talking about!
  73. May 4, 2013
    The introductory movie was interesting and entertaining, but that is about all I can put in the pros column. The game play is something you'd see 15 years ago. I know, nostalgia is becoming all the rage, but it feels like a cop out that indie developers are using to put out poor production value. I'm not slamming all indie work, there is quite a bit of good stuff out there. Next, this is a rougelike. Again, I know rougelikes are becoming popular. But I just don't find it fun to loose all progress and start over from the beginning with a randomized map. It makes me feel like I wasted my time. I got a bit intrigued about the various items and collectibles, but you apparently have to use them to find out what they do, and even then I wasn't sure what happened. You can't jump on the Apple bandwagon of providing no user assistance, when your user interface is not intuitive. There may have been an interesting story here, but I'm not going to punish myself to unfold it. Expand
  74. May 3, 2013
    街机闯关风格的迷宫探索游戏,6个关卡因为丰富的随机要素使得次次的游戏体验都会不同。适当的长度,并不刁钻的难度,丰富的搜集要素会令你沉迷好长一段时间。主角丰富的外观变化是个亮点。
  75. Apr 29, 2013
    Binding of Isaac is a great game that you'll never get bored of and never have the same run twice! It looks simple but plays allot more complex. The Art style and Story is what you expect from Edmund McMillen, Creepy but simply amazing. Like Super Meat boy, this game is quite difficult for inexperienced players and may make you rage allot due to dying and restarting the game from the beginning.

I have a load of games on my PC, but The Binding of Isaac is at the top for most time played. This game is really enjoyable and makes the player really want to finish the game! You can pick up this game on Steam for a couple of pounds and highly recommend picking it up.
  76. Apr 26, 2013
    This game has a great story and absolutely terrific artwork. The sense of humor of whoever wrote the in-game texts is excellent. The music is great as well. Unfortunately, the gameplay is pretty much mediocre, I mean it's just a 2D top-down view arcade game, and the fact that you can only shoot in horiz/vert direction and not just at the clicked spot makes it's pretty difficult to play and the fights too chaotic. Overall, this game is good for having a look, enjoying it for one evening and then dropping it, because in the long run the thing which could hold you in front of the screen (the gameplay) is missing. Art: 10!, Music: 10, Sounds: 10! Design: 4 Expand
  77. Apr 25, 2013
    I bought this game on sale on Steam for $3, as well as the DLC for 2$ for a total of 5$ (you don't say). All i have to say is, best 5$ i ever spent. I have over 150 hours logged in The Binding of Isaac and I'm still FAR from completing the game and getting every achievement. Despite being a very unforgiving rogue-like game, it's just so smooth, fun, and with near perfect controls, every time i died, it wasn't because the game had bad controls or unfair mechanics. It was my fault for my deaths, and when I finally beat the the final boss(es), it was one of the most rewarding things I have experienced. Expand
  78. Apr 16, 2013
    tl:dr You can aim with your mouse

It seems a lot of people are complaining about bad controls. The only reason they are bad with the controls is their own ignorance. If they played the game for more than 10 seconds they could of figured out that YOU CAN AIM WITH YOUR MOUSE. Literally the exact same controls for almost every PC game ever. WASD, aim with mouse. Pretty standard stuff.
    Some people have also been saying that "it's a keyboard mashing game." It's as much keyboard mashy as any other game. The only time you have to spam click is with the Chocolate milk item to get your full fire rate. Besides that, you can HOLD DOWN your mouse to fire at full speed. Like I said, pretty standard stuff here.It seems the other problems people were having all had to do with difficulty and interest, which are all very understandable, however, if you put just a little more effort into it, (and use your mouse to aim) it won't be so terribly difficult, and the farther you get, the more interesting and engaging it becomes. Others have complained about how there is no strategy. Sure, on the first to levels. After that you have to deal with patterns and dodging, strafing, circle strafing, arcade farming etc. There are also different characters you can chose from. Anyways, with all that out of the way, I think the game is great, ad get the DLC it's awesome too. Sorry if it's long. Expand
  79. Apr 16, 2013
    Great fun, lots of items and replayability, Randomly generated rooms,nice musics,good variety of monsters,cheap DLC with good amount of new content And the best thing, it is cheap for that good indie game. Solid 9.
  80. Apr 16, 2013
    I'm a big fan of rouge-like games and The Binding of Isaac is probably one of the best game of it's kind I've ever played And I've played a few! It's addictive, and harder then hell. It's a buy!
  81. Apr 12, 2013
    Personally, I am a huge fan of Edmund McMillen’s work. I’ve enjoyed all of the games I’ve played that he has produced/developed, but The Binding of Isaac is by far my favorite one. His interesting art style, paired with Danny Baranowsky’s amazing musical talent make this a this game a wonderful piece of art.

The game starts up with a background story cutscene before the title screen,
    with the ability to skip past it. However, if you have not seen the cutscene, I highly advise that you do so. It gives a humorous take on the story of Abraham being ordered to kill his son Isaac in the bible. Isaac’s mother, a christian fundamentalist gets orders from God to purify her son and she does so by taking all of his belongings away to remove any chance of him sinning, but God is not pleased with that so she must kill him. However, Isaac escapes into a trap door in his bedroom that leads into the basement. This is where the game begins. The keys W,S,A and D are used to move the character and the arrow keys (or clicking the mouse) are used to shoot tears from your eyes at your enemies. You go around defeating these mutant creatures, like headless bodies that leap, floating heads that spit blood at you, maggots that charge at you, flies, spiders, and much more. The game is designed to get progressively harder as you get farther along, but this isn’t always the case. Occasionally you will run across a tough boss (such as Widow) on the first or second depth and you have a hard time winning (although this may be different for each player as the game is generally skill based). The enemies are mostly just annoying instead of difficult, and the bosses aren’t balanced very well. These aspects don’t detract from how addicting and fun this game is. It will piss you off from a cheap death, but you’ll just play again because it is just that good. When it comes to death, you will restart from the beginning no matter how far into the game you are which makes this game so difficult to beat, but that’s the point. You can die one thousand times and, unlike most games, you will have a different experience each time you play. The game is procedurally generated which means each level is generated at random every time. This gives the game its replayability. Every time you play, you get a different map layout and different items. Some times, you may get an item you’ve never seen, other times you’ll get one you’ve found plenty of times. With so many items in the game, you’ll play it with a different style each time. The way the items work is pretty cool too, the collectible items stack so you keep the abilities of the items you get until you die, then there are the activated items.You may only carry one activated item at a time, and after each use, you have to charge the item again by beating rooms. Then there are the pills and tarot cards which may only be used once after picked up. These items aren’t always helpful, and the pill effects change every time you play, so if you get a blue pill one time and it’s a health up, the next time you play, that blue pill might be something harmful like health down. There are also trinket items which work like the collectible items, but you may only have one at a time like the activated items. With all of the items, most of which give a cosmetic change to the character, by the end of the game you will have a up looking mutant baby, but you will be powerful. Even with your stats maxed out, though, the later levels are still very tough. After you beat Mom, you go into her womb and eventually fight her heart. Now that’s pretty up, but hey, it’s a game so who really cares? After beating Mom’s heart, you go to either the Sheol, or the Cathedral where you fight either Satan, or Isaac (respectively). That’s right, you can end up fighting yourself. The game is pretty up and weird, but that just makes it more interesting. Now personally, that’s about as far as I ever got, but I know there is still another level (the Chest). From what I read, the Chest is only accessible by taking the Polaroid trinket to the final boss room in the Cathedral and beating Issac. The Chest is filled with bosses and the final boss is and fights similar to Isaac.

So all in all, the game is brutal, but very very fun, and very addicting. I recommend it to anyone who wants a good challenge that they can play over and over.
  82. Apr 6, 2013
    The binding of Isaac is an awesome indie-game! I love it, that you have to play the game again and again to get better items and stuff, but also fight stronger bosses and mobs. To beat the final boss in the dlc wrath of the lamb and to get all the achievements you need to be very patient, you need a lot of luck and also skill! This is actually what an indie game should be!
  83. Apr 2, 2013
    With the wrath of the lamb, the 8€ cost of Isaac is still ridiculously cheap. I've played the game for ridiculously long, currently clocking at 84+ hours. Still, the game experience seems to be only enhancing as new items, bosses and areas are introduced. Through skill and tactics the player learns to master different floors, and the process is always swinging from tidious to extremely enjoyable. The challenge is moderate and the controls are fluent enough, so there is no one to blame for your mistakes.

The roguelike element can be pretty tiring at times, for a run can last almost a full hour. As long as you know what you are doing (or know how to google a item and/or floor guide) Isaac offers a really well balanced and nice retro-like rogue challenge. Its problems have not bothered me during my 84 playing hours, and I still return to it from time to time.
  84. Mar 31, 2013
    The game is cheap at about $5 and it always seems to stay interesting when you find a new item or enter the next room. Though it does tend to get boring after awhile, but you will at least need to spend a good 32 hours before it gets boring. And I can't help coming back and playing it again time to time.
  85. Mar 24, 2013
    A frantic 2D arcade shooter with a blood, gore and fecal theme. Mash the keys and break your mouse. To get a bunch of random items of which you know not what they do, or even how to use them. Because nothing is explained. Not even that you can shoot with the mouse! Should have stayed on mobile devices. Why this is so revered for PC is really beyond me.
  86. Mar 24, 2013
    You may have read people comparing The Binding of Isaac to classic games such as The Legend of Zelda or NetHack. While The Binding has some similar concepts, it is completely and totally inaccurate to describe this game as such. At it's most basic core, The Binding is nothing more then a very shallow, very simple, very basic roguelike. The entire game is completely randomized and completely unforgiving. Due to the graphic and macob nature of the game, it tends to be very interesting, for the first few plays. After which, it is nothing more then aggravating and annoying. If you are a fan of wasting your time, then by all means, buy The Binding of Isaac, everyone else, avoid at all costs. Expand
  87. Mar 22, 2013
    A quite smashing game, i love how creepy it can be at points with all of the satanic influence throughout it. i thoroughly enjoyed wasting countless hours on this game when i should've been doing my work
  88. Mar 16, 2013
    A cheap ,dark zelda styled dungeon crawler mixed with rogue elements with very disturbing themes. Challenging with lots to discover. It can feel a bit unfair in the beginning but you will learn to love it. Lots of replay value, especially with the addon "Wrath of the Lamb"

For fans of very dark humor and who look for a challenge. Not recommended for pious religious people. :p
  89. Mar 14, 2013
    Binding of Isaac graduated from the same class as Dark Souls, in the belief that "difficult" is synonymous with "quality". Luckily, the game is highly relpayable, which is good because you will die constantly. While the game boasts a high variety of content Weapons, enemies, items, and random dungeon generation you will still often find yourself with a sense of deja vu as you explore the exact same room several times in one level, and pick up the same useless items you received last time you play. While BoI does require a deal of skill to play, it requires even more luck than skill, and you will often find that you will die from no fault of your own. You will also find that Binding of Isaac is not a game about how far you can get before dying, and more a game of "How many times can I chase this crying sprite around a rock wall before I just close the game out of annoyance?". Expand
  90. Feb 28, 2013
    I'm playing...I'm dead. Damn, have to play once more time...and again, again, again, again.....
  91. Feb 23, 2013
    Fun, Hard, MAKES ME WANNA CUT MY BALLS OFF, GOD I LOVE THIS GAME WORTH ALL YOUR MONEYS,
  92. Feb 5, 2013
    This is one unique game, playing like the original zelda but in my opinion far better. This game requires hours upon hours to see everything. It took me 10 hours to beat the game due to it's brutal difficulty. However despite being challenging it rarely feels unfair and whenever you die it's never due to the controls. It does somewhat rely on luck due to you needing some good items to stand a chance on the later floors. The animation is fantastic and genuinely weird. The designs of the monsters are extremely unique and the items all have cool effects. This is a great game to just open up and play for half an hour if your bored or need a break from work. I can see why people don't enjoy this game but for me this is a near perfect game. Expand
  93. Feb 1, 2013
    Though I generally like difficult games, I am not a fan of The Binding of Isaac. You do get better every time you play it, and it is very rewarding to beat the game and it's always fun to find new items. But I don't like the whole Everything-Is-Random concept. It makes chance a big part of the game. And you have to try again and again until you not only play well enough but also are lucky enough to beat the game. And trying so many times seems like such a waste of time to me.

To me the weird look and setting was ok. I liked it, but it wasn't great. The soundtrack is great I really like Danny's work! But I don't understand why it is just mono and such a bad sound quality. Maybe there were limitations in the sound engine, because also there are short dropouts during playback probably when the loop starts over again. But still that's a shame.

All in all it is a game worth playing, but not worth spending too much time on it.
  94. Jan 25, 2013
    Looks like a flash game but its no reason to not play it. The concept is interesting with EVERY map and weapons being random but personaly i didnt find it that much satisfying.
  95. Jan 22, 2013
    Addictive. The game got me hooked for hours just playing and playing it through. Despite having some difficulty spikes, the game is still adorable, simple and you just can't stop playing it! Though, I feel the price does not justify the purchase of this game
  96. Jan 20, 2013
    As ColombiaGames said this game should be for a cell phone, the story makes no sense.

for me 0 because you need to pay to 10 dollars for this game.0
  97. Jan 11, 2013
    A fine game with a lot of replayability in this game. Tons of items to collect. I would recommend buying the DLC: Wraith of Lamb. It extends the game by a lot. The game takes only a bit to master and adjust to the controls. The story can and has been interpreted many different ways. I find it very entertaining.
  98. Jan 8, 2013
    An absolutely brilliant and well-polished game with very nice core mechanics and a fantastic art style. Only problem: THE DIFFICULTY IS FREAKING ABNORMAL. Seriously, I have died so many times that the number of deaths I have equals the number of times I was sent to detention in school, meaning a lot. Psuedo-9.5/10
  99. Jan 7, 2013
    This is one of the best games I have ever played. Period. You just go around, shot some tears, kill monsters. Simple as cutting of the ginger's nipple. The game is short, you finish it in about 30-45 minutes and every single time it's different. The game is awesome untill it gives you JEBENE USRANE
  100. Feb 1, 2013

1. Mar 19, 2012
    The Binding of Isaac looks like an old school game like the original Zeldas, but with a dark scenario and dark humor. It has the typical difficulty of a McMillen game, which is not found anywhere else these days. This game will motivate you to try and try again in such a simple way – just brilliant. If you like the style and the old school gameplay of The Binding of Isaac, you'll have a lot of fun with it.
  2. Mar 10, 2012
    One may play for an hour or two, but they're constantly tempted to go back in and uncover the scads of remaining secrets. It's a style of game that really intrigues me, and one I want to see more of
  3. Feb 28, 2012
    Zelda meets Robotron: Isaac celebrates old school topdown action in randomly generated dungeons.