8.4

1. Jul 20, 2013
    The Black Mirror is a decent horror point and click adventure game and is the first game in a series of three. This game nails horror, and by horror I don't mean jump scares. I mean creepy and unsettling environments and events that are occurring throughout this game.
    This game is my favorite in the series despite its few glaringly obvious flaws. There are some big plot holes in this game and while I still enjoyed it despite of its plot holes, they really stood out as problems. Also there are 2-3 points in the game where you simply have to wait a given amount of time (20 minutes 1 hour) until certain items or events are ready for your character. In my opinion this is some pretty needless game padding simply used to extend the game. In the sequels they slightly address or hint at some of the problems with the plot holes of the first game and completely do away with these 'waiting segments'.
    This is a great game, I recommend this to anyone who loves horror. Make sure to play this game first and continue the series following with The Black Mirror 2 and 3.
  2. BenH.
    Nov 3, 2003
    This game kciks ass the first opening scene is great and also the graphics are pretty cool. Some of the puzzles are easy though but it is a great game.
  3. JeffR.
    Nov 18, 2003
    One of the better "gothic mystery"-type games I've played; great graphics and a story that kept me interested throughout, although the ending left a lot to be explained. There was also a lengthy sequence in an abandoned mine which did not seem to have much to do with advancing the story. Regardless, an enjoyable game.
  4. Mike
    Nov 3, 2005
    This game can be very annoying at times! if you dont do a certain action, It wont let you go to the next scene. The graphics are 800x600 which is very bad for today standard. If this game was released a few years ago, it would of been ok. The music and sound is well done. but the voice over is very weak. If you dont mind the technical issuses with the game, then its ok. But most people This game can be very annoying at times! if you dont do a certain action, It wont let you go to the next scene. The graphics are 800x600 which is very bad for today standard. If this game was released a few years ago, it would of been ok. The music and sound is well done. but the voice over is very weak. If you dont mind the technical issuses with the game, then its ok. But most people will find very boring. Expand
  5. FrankieF.
    Mar 26, 2007
    Quite enjoyable. I played this with my young neice and nephew, and they really got a kick out of solving the puzzles. This type of game is always underrated by the mainstream.

1. The beautifully detailed graphics make exploration a sheer pleasure and the music and ambient sounds combine well to heighten the sense of something evil waiting, patiently, watching your every move.
  2. Frustrating array of random pointing and clicking.
  3. It's true that the game has some real strengths, too, but the lousy voice-overs, clumsy writing, and glacial pace make it too hard to appreciate them most of the time.