8.1

1. Mar 7, 2012
    I wasn't too impressed with this one. There's not a whole lot of user interaction and there are several spots where it feels more like listening to a book than playing a game. The inventory system is useless and the notebook mechanics need improvement. As a stand alone game, it offers an ok story that ends too abruptly leaving too many unanswered questions. I can only hope there's more to unravel from the sequels, yet this first episode left nothing that compels me to play them. Expand

1. Although it doesn't quite match the classics, The Blackwell Legacy has more to offer than just nostalgia. Its appeal will depend on how interesting you find the story.
  2. If this were a TV show, one watch of this and any TV network would commission a full series – much like any adventure game fan who tries this will almost certainly follow this series throughout its run - provided it sticks to a somewhat regular release schedule.
  3. The Blackwell Legacy is an outstandingly written and acted adventure game, only held back by limitations of the fairly primitive game engine and, perhaps, some design decisions. It readily gets a "Thumb Up" from this reviewer. As one who particularly enjoys story and narrative, I found The Blackwell Legacy to be compelling, involving, memorable.