The Chronicles of Spellborn PC

8.7

1. KevJ.
    Oct 14, 2009
    Having played this game for maybe 5-6 hours so far, I have not yet encountered much to it's detriment. There seem to be players running around doing all the quests, I was invited to a guild within maybe an hour of rolling my character. It's possible that at the high-end there is a population problem, but it hasn't had any bearing on my game-play thus far. Graphically, this Having played this game for maybe 5-6 hours so far, I have not yet encountered much to it's detriment. There seem to be players running around doing all the quests, I was invited to a guild within maybe an hour of rolling my character. It's possible that at the high-end there is a population problem, but it hasn't had any bearing on my game-play thus far. Graphically, this game bests 'the' MMO by a long shot. The combat feels highly satisfying and rewarding due to the intelligent fighting mechanics. The spell/melee animations are of very high quality and a great deal more varied than 'other' similar MMO's within this genre. Perhaps what attracted me most to this game, is the notion that player skill, should be of far greater consequence than the equipment you have. Gear you attain in Spellborn has no effect on the power of you character, it is purely aesthetic. Seeing how the game is now Free to Play, I would say anyone interested in the genre should at least hit up a few videos on YouTube to get a flavour for it. 'The Chronicles of Spellborn' feels like a breath of fresh air which should be appreciated by most who play it. Expand
  2. MarkT
    Jul 30, 2009
    This game has effectively collapsed due to lack of players, which is a real shame - as it was one of the freshest MMOs to come around for a while. The combat mechanics were great, the world interesting - so much potential here. But something went wrong. Metacritic itself bears some responsibility, for not allowing players to post review a good month after the game had launched - claiming This game has effectively collapsed due to lack of players, which is a real shame - as it was one of the freshest MMOs to come around for a while. The combat mechanics were great, the world interesting - so much potential here. But something went wrong. Metacritic itself bears some responsibility, for not allowing players to post review a good month after the game had launched - claiming it had not launched yet. Expand

1. From its fast-paced, exciting battles to the beautiful, haunting environments, it's an MMORPG like no other we've played - and what it lacks in expensive polish, it makes up for in enthusiasm, ambition and creativity.
  2. The online RPG The Chronicles of Spellborn suffers from a lack of players, so there is hardly any PvP and some tasks are almost impossible to be done alone. There are still too many bugs to attract more players, but once they are fixed, the game could be a nice alternative to the main players of the genre.
  3. The Chronicles of Spellborn is definitely not a game for everyone. Compared with other MMORPGs, there’s little “typical” about it and you have to get accustomed to a lot of things, especially the completely new combat system. If you, however, like games to bring up new concepts you might like Spellborn just well.