8.0

Generally favorable reviews- based on 2045 Ratings

1. Mar 8, 2014
    It's amazing how this game managed to make me lose 200+ hours to it over all the amazing experiences I went through while playing it. I'm not really surprised. The game is beautiful, vibrant and in its own way, made me feel as if I was actually accomplishing something rather than just getting to the next objective. Skyrim was good, but it never gave me the same joy as when I was playing this game.
  2. Mar 17, 2014
    This is my second favorite TES games, only surpassed by Skyrim. This game improves on so many of the flaws of Morrowind, which was an incredibly RPG for the time. However, anyone who says Morrowind is still better than this is simply talking out of nostalgia. This is one of the best RPG games ever created, and throws so many recent contenders out the window. Get mods for the graphics andThis is my second favorite TES games, only surpassed by Skyrim. This game improves on so many of the flaws of Morrowind, which was an incredibly RPG for the time. However, anyone who says Morrowind is still better than this is simply talking out of nostalgia. This is one of the best RPG games ever created, and throws so many recent contenders out the window. Get mods for the graphics and HUD, and this will suck up hundreds of your hours. Expand
  3. May 5, 2014
    This is, by far, one of my favorite games of all time. It was my first sandbox, and for that it holds a special place in my heart. That being said, here is a review without rose tinted glasses:

TL; DR: Main story sucks hard, everything else makes up for it. Cons: The main story BLOWS. I mean it is awful, awful. I literally play enough to get the free horse and do everything

TL; DR: Main story sucks hard, everything else makes up for it.

Cons:
    The main story BLOWS. I mean it is awful, awful. I literally play enough to get the free horse and do everything else. And once you start, the oblivion gates just keep piling up and piling up, which would be fine if there was any variety to them, but there isn't. They do have good loot though...

Loot: meh. I love loot. love it, love it, love it. It isn't in this game.

Fighting: pretty much point and click, click, click, click. Not much brain used here.

Pros:
    Music: amazing!

Fighting: wah? you just said it was bad. Yes, unless using a bow. The bow actually takes into account gravity and distance!!!

Quests: super fun, except for the main one. Daedric quests are the best, oh those funny meddling gods!

Atmosphere/graphics: for the time pretty good. The immersion level is fantastic.

NPCs: most amazing part of this game. Every single NPC you see has their own unique routine. Every freakin' one. Yes, they have similar voices, but come on, for the time this was unheard of. It is this factor that truly makes this game a total immersion.

Guilds: Love 'em. There is a guild for everyone: fighting, magic, murder, mayhem. The world is your oyster!

Monsters: i've read a few reviews and this is a sore spot. People are angry monsters level with you. How is this even an isssue???? Why play a game if it is super easy and you can just run around and one shot things? Go play Wii cooking games if this is a problem for you. Seriously. There is a Barbie game for that console too I think. Go, have fun.

Play this game, especially if you liked either Skyrim or Morrowind. The three build on each other so well.
  4. Jul 4, 2014
    Одна из самых лучших ролевых игр из когда-либо созданных.

Одна из самых лучших ролевых игр из когда-либо созданных.

The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion – идеальный пример компромисса между свойственной консолям упрощенностью и старыми добрыми традициями компьютерной ролевой школы. Игра, предоставляющая геймеру максимально широкий выбор – как играть и как проводить свою жизнь в этом мире. Главное, что перед нами по-прежнему самая красивая и самая большая ролевая вселенная (онлайновые игры не в счет), полная приключений и интересных возможностей, вселенная, в которой для игрока созданы самые идеальные условия. Серьёзных недостатков у игры просто нет, и не забывайте, что с помощью модов и плагинов можно сделать игру ещё лучше, главное - не переборищть. ;)
  5. Jul 12, 2014
    Oblivion is mine most favorite TES game (morrowind is really close here) and one of mine most favorite games. This game got awesome world, great RPG system (improved morrowind system, witch is better than system in Skyrim in mine opinion (yes perks were good idea, but the removal of stats was not)). The biggest + this game has are the quests, Dark brotherhood and main quest line areOblivion is mine most favorite TES game (morrowind is really close here) and one of mine most favorite games. This game got awesome world, great RPG system (improved morrowind system, witch is better than system in Skyrim in mine opinion (yes perks were good idea, but the removal of stats was not)). The biggest + this game has are the quests, Dark brotherhood and main quest line are really fun to play and even other factions are solid. The side quests are awesome as well. The only bad think is enemy leveling system, but it can be moded.
    PS:
    I really recommend to mod this game hard, Oblivion got very good mods and it can became a game for a long play.
  6. Jul 16, 2014
    Really awesome,unique RPG game with interesting stories and quests.
    It has great story,graphics,this game can kep you entertained for many many hours.
    And of course,the Expansions,and the moddability launches the game in the sky!
  7. Aug 2, 2014
    The problem of Oblivion was that it had to follow up to the absolute masterpiece that was previous chapter in TES series - Morrowind. Compared to that, it's true that Oblivion felt quite a bit weaker, locations were a bit too monotonous, the interface a bit too consolized, faces terribly ugly, voice acting over repeated to death, game mechanics simplified and to my taste it all felt a bitThe problem of Oblivion was that it had to follow up to the absolute masterpiece that was previous chapter in TES series - Morrowind. Compared to that, it's true that Oblivion felt quite a bit weaker, locations were a bit too monotonous, the interface a bit too consolized, faces terribly ugly, voice acting over repeated to death, game mechanics simplified and to my taste it all felt a bit too much like a kiddie fairytale sometimes. BUT... Oblivion was still capable to do what all the TES chapters do so well, immerse you in the world, make you forget the real one and let you enjoy the fantasy experience for hundreds of hours. While I wasn't a big fan of the leveling system where the enemies were leveling up along with you, it kept the challenge on par until the very end, also the economics and money seemed to be the best balanced from TES series, meaning you won't usually become a millionaire in a few days, but most importantly, Oblivion had imo arguably the best quest lines in TES series and that's a huge plus. Yes, the main quest with oblivion gates was terribly annoying and it made me skip it and run through them eventually, but the Mages Guild quests, Thieves Guild and especially Dark Brotherhood were just fantastic. This was also the first TES game where I was fully enjoying myself as a vampire. DLC's were ok, Knights Of The Nine being a nice big quest nicely implemented into the main game and Shivering Isles providing you the experience of something a bit different and a bit trippy. While I can't go for the full score here because of the shortcomings, Oblivion is still an excellent game and it would be a big mistake to miss out on this. 9/10 Expand
  8. Aug 8, 2014
    The game lacked a little bit of climate from Morrowind, but the graphics were a huge improvement, the journal is finally readable, the map is really epic, and the game has a little Lord of the Rings feel to it.
    And you can actually feel the tension building when you see all of those Oblivion gates opening in greater and greater numbers everywhere on the map.
  9. Dec 16, 2014
    Fun, a great variety of dungeons, caves towns etc to explore, some of the guild missions are fantastic, there's a lot of variety. I've played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim and Oblivion is just more fun than the other 2, I enjoyed the dungeon crawling more and there seemed to be more other-worldy realms. No keyboard problems, not a 'bad port' in any way at all. The only criticism I mightFun, a great variety of dungeons, caves towns etc to explore, some of the guild missions are fantastic, there's a lot of variety. I've played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim and Oblivion is just more fun than the other 2, I enjoyed the dungeon crawling more and there seemed to be more other-worldy realms. No keyboard problems, not a 'bad port' in any way at all. The only criticism I might have is that my character became invincible, but that could be fixed with mods though. There are a huge amount of mods of all kinds. Expand
  10. Feb 2, 2015
    This game is fantastic, but it also has some general flaws in gameplay and technology:
    - unnecessarily hardware-heavy (like previous episodes of the series)
    - gameplay is in many places unfinished, modding required - modding this game efficiently is possible, but needs a lot of experience, time and external tools But anyone who can overcome the modding dilemma, is in for the most
    - unnecessarily hardware-heavy (like previous episodes of the series)
    - gameplay is in many places unfinished, modding required
    But anyone who can overcome the modding dilemma, is in for the most immersive game I've played.
  11. Feb 16, 2015
    This game is most likely the greatest game I've ever played. I put many hours and lots of my computer's storage into beating this game. Music, Graphics, Quests, Character Creation: all the best of its time. I tell all my friends to play it.

1. It’s just so damned big. That’s what you’ll say after playing Oblivion for more than an hour. Or, for that matter, 50 hours.
  2. Oblivion is by far the closest I have come to playing D&D Sunday afternoons with my friends (yes, I did that, though I’m on medication now), all wrapped up in a stunning package with tens of thousands of lines of spoken dialog and good music.
    I honestly have to say that I am in favour of most of the changes and I think Oblivion is an awesome achievement from Bethesda.