8.2

1. Oct 21, 2014
    Like fam you can do well lots wiv dis game its well swell and fun fam a lam. The guards who steal your tasty sweet rolls are bad yeah like the man called alduin who does real bad things like yeah lick sweet rolls and powder in the soul cairn on dawnguard
  2. Dec 25, 2014
    Normally PC games aren't as good as console ones but the elder scroll series is an exception! The base game is near perfect as it is...but with mods available only to pc users any small issues can be smoothed over for a perfectly tailored game for each individual.
  3. May 17, 2015
    If I I say this pro my friend they will kill me if I talk to hate the Skyrim Game controls are good and beautiful but boring and boredom **** **** .not think GOTY Game
  4. Jul 12, 2015
    This game still sets the standard for RPG gaming. Great world, great leveling system and you just want to explore and explore. I hope there will a new offline Elder Scroll game on the market soon.
  5. Aug 21, 2015
    This game is amazing. Very good storyline, replay value, soundtrack etc. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is the glitches because there are so many and at times can be frustrating.
  6. Nov 12, 2011
    sorry to say this but after 5 h i must say that skyrim is average. take a look on, as some mentioned too, easy combat, or the small map, or the boring generic bandit events. the lore, the music, the graphics are nice (except of character and face animations), but everything else seems uninspired, bad written and random. it is a generic hero story with dragons. i'm disappointed.
  7. Dec 7, 2011
    I think Skyrim is terrible in all honesty. The main quest is just filler material. All you do is slowly traverse from A to B, only to be told that you need to walk to C. When walking, 90% of the time there is nothing to do, and nothing to fight.

When you finally do get to fight, there is absolutely no depth to the combat system whatsoever. If you have a melee character, the only logical thing to do is use your strongest attack until you run out of stamina. The only reason you would ever use your weak attack is because you don't have enough stamina to use your strong attack. Would you rather give the enemy a nice little friendly love tap, or would you rather try to kill them? Playing as any kind of mage is equally as repetitive and bland. You just do the same thing over and over again on every single enemy. Switching from fire and ice to attack fire / ice enemies appropriately is not depth. The difference between shooting red and blue from your hand is superficial. You're still just doing the same old boring thing over and over again. Sure, you can be an archer, or some other type of mage, but you're still just doing the same thing over and over no matter how you look at it.

The enemy variety is mostly humanoid based opponents, such as draugrs, skeletons, and bandits. Yeah, there are things like Dwarven spiders, where - They really change it up on this one, get ready! - You have to LOOK DOWN to attack them! So deep, right?! Wrong. Yeah there are more enemies than this obviously, but regardless, you generally fight them in the same ways no matter what.

The perks are mostly passive, for example, "add 20% attack power". That's not fun. A good example of a perk would be something that adds a whole new gameplay mechanic, like the "silent roll", and "hawk eye" (where you can zoom in with your bow). I'm not citing them as perfect perks necessarily, and sure, there can be a FEW passive ones, I'm just saying these perks were some of the only ones to have the general right idea of what a good perk should do.

The areas are aesthetically appealing to some. I'm not saying the game looks bad or anything, but just that that's not what impresses me. There are only about 3 different area types in this game, the dwarven areas, caves, and crypts. There may be more that I can't think of at this moment, but once you've seen all the dungeon formats, you've seen every dungeon in the game. Everything after that will just be that same old thing rehashed once again.

So to sum it up, there is no variety with character customization, the areas have no variety, the enemies have no variety, and this game honestly has what I would consider one of the most superficial combat systems to ever exist in a game. Top this off with countless glitches, terrible patches, a lot of grinding, and pointless difficulty levels that only make the game superficially harder (giving an enemy more HP doesn't mean it's harder).

I'm not saying the game is total garbage, but the scores that this game is getting in spite of all of these problems is just absolutely ridiculous. I don't see how so many people are claiming that this is the game of the year.
  8. Dec 18, 2014
    Skyrim acts like nothing's special. All games account for every possibility, aside from glitches, but they at least acknowledge you for doing something extraordinary, going the extra mile, discovering a secret. No matter what you do in Skyrim, it just gives you a blank stare. Greatness is no different from common-ness. There's an ego buried beneath the surface here. Skyrim wants youSkyrim acts like nothing's special. All games account for every possibility, aside from glitches, but they at least acknowledge you for doing something extraordinary, going the extra mile, discovering a secret. No matter what you do in Skyrim, it just gives you a blank stare. Greatness is no different from common-ness. There's an ego buried beneath the surface here. Skyrim wants you to think it's so wonderful and above you that "Yes, of course almighty Skyrim doesn't acknowledge my accomplishments. Just take my money and I'll be quiet." This goes against the basic tenants of entertainment. You're supposed to give something to your audience, make them feel special. Skyrim is selfish and self-absorbed Expand
  9. Nov 11, 2011
    This is one of the best sandbox games I have ever played. Right from the start they give you the option of playing as any type of character you want without it feeling like they are holding your hand. Although it didn't have quite the same feeling as Oblivion when you first walk into the light, it doesn't take long before you are stopping to just look around. Although not all of theThis is one of the best sandbox games I have ever played. Right from the start they give you the option of playing as any type of character you want without it feeling like they are holding your hand. Although it didn't have quite the same feeling as Oblivion when you first walk into the light, it doesn't take long before you are stopping to just look around. Although not all of the textures are ground breaking they are combined to look like a living breathing world. The facial animations have improved greatly, and the voice overs have as well. When it comes to character creation I wasn't a big fan of the look of the elves but the other races look amazing (this is a personal preferance and not an issue with detail).

The fighting has improved alot since oblivion but still can't compare to witcher 2 or some others that are out there. I think this is due to the fact though that there are so many differant ways that you can fight they couldn't focus on just one. The menu system has gotten a huge overhaul and I like the way it is set up. The quick select option is great and doesn't require you to scroll through all the menus every time to choose a differant spell or menu.

Of course there is an issue with some bugs, but this to be a common issue with Bethesda sandboxes. While playing for about 10 hours there was 1 time the game just closed on me. This didn't hurt me too bad as it saves quite often. There are other minor glitches but none that really detract from the game. Although this isn't a perfect game it is alot closer than I thought was possible. This takes takes the RPG to a level that we have never seen before, and I know this will be taking hundreds of hours away from my free time.
  10. Nov 11, 2011
    It is the greatest Elder Scrolls yet. My only complaint is the controls and I got used to them after an hour. Other then that, the story is compelling and the world really draws you in.
  11. Nov 11, 2011
    (first few paragraphs are the summary) Well having given it a 10 it is obvious I thought the game was great. There is more game play content compared to previous games and the game world is believable (so far as fantasy can be). The game play has been streamlined to distill much the tedious things out, which may put off some hardcore fans but if the give it a go and compare with the(first few paragraphs are the summary) Well having given it a 10 it is obvious I thought the game was great. There is more game play content compared to previous games and the game world is believable (so far as fantasy can be). The game play has been streamlined to distill much the tedious things out, which may put off some hardcore fans but if the give it a go and compare with the previous games they'll realize it is for the better.

Overall its a dam good game. If you don't like morrowind or oblivion then you won't like this game since free form RPGs probably aren't your thing so you should probably play something quite linear like the witcher 1 or 2. If you do like the previous games you may first feel a little upset with a few of the minor changes but once you realize why there in there you'll notice it does in fact provide a better game play experience. The vast majority of people having graphical problems are either on PS3 or very low end systems. There are a few crashes but for me at least they are rare (every 3 hours or so) and it is very quick to get back into the game. But with the quality Bethesda provides with all their games there is no doubt that patches will be released to tweak these problems and they don't impact on the games fun factor at all.

The graphics are very nice and up there with any other fantasy setting game around and a nice upgrade over previous titles (I only compare with fantasy games as realism in graphics isn't the style they generally go for, meaning it is ridiculous and idiotic to compare graphics between this and battlefield 3 as the graphical styles are completely different, however it can be compared with The Witcher 2 and is probably equal though a little better than it in graphic wise).

All of the complaints about the graphics I've seen are more because they dislike the graphical style (fantasy with a very slightly cartoon appearance) but the graphics are actually really nice. Of course the PS3 version of the game has graphical glitches, but that is more difficulty issues with the PS3 architecture than anything else. I haven't had any major graphical problems over 3 different PC setups and it all runs very smoothly. The only poorer aspect of the graphics from me is perhaps the particle effects for some of the fire effects but its a moot point and as a graphics programmer I can be a little picky there. The only major glitches I've seen are to do with animation transitions but again its kind of moot and doesn't break the immersion of the game.

The AI path-finding also seems to have undergone an overhaul for the better. The AI is very good at navigating the game world and even in the few instances when it gets stuck it sorts itself out very quickly. There is still the problem of being able to trick it by placing yourself in a position it can't get too (such as on a cliff) and shooting it from afar, but that is really kind of cheating anyway and is an AI problem that will always be around for these games (other games get around it by simply preventing the player from moving to those locations, they can't do that in elder scrolls as it goes against their design philosophy of being able to go anywhere).

Storyline wise the game is much better than oblivion (on par with morrowind which I enjoyed) and the voice acting throughout the game is head and shoulders above oblivion. Again with any elder scrolls game its the world and side quests that make up the meat of the game and here they don't disappoint.

The combat system that takes about 20-40 mins to an to get used to but once you do you quickly realize how much better it is. There is actually some depth to it now rather then just hack and slash like oblivion (though it did try to be different). It is much easier to get the hang of than the Witcher though. The auto leveling system is also better since like the famous MMM mods you can still run into creatures of a higher level. it good still do with some more tweaking so that less weaker creatures appear (most bandits seem to be quite low level) but it is dam fun killing them so doesn't ruin the game at all.

The gameplay has also been improved with the addition of small gameplay elements such as a crafting system, overhaul of skills (for the better), roleplaying aspects (not something I really enjoy but nice addition all the same) like chopping firewood to earn a little extra gold and many more things. I particularly like the new spell, enchantment and alchemy systems which have more depth but are simpler to play with.
  12. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is the best of 2k11, before i played it, i thought its gonna be hard for skyrim to top morrowind and oblivion, but i have to say that (even if the graphics are only slightly better than in oblivion and there are still some bugs etc....) its the best TES i've ever played!
  13. Nov 11, 2011
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is one of the most immersion and groundbreaking games I have ever played. Not only does it contain beautiful graphics, but also a detailed story line, good AI, and many features that other games wouldn't even consider implementing.
  14. Nov 11, 2011
    Skyrim is Morrowind revisited. Adventuring, exploration and discovery are back on the menu! Truck loads of love have been poured into this game. The attention to detail, the haunting music, and the ever increasing depth of the game are but the tip of a magical and mysterious mountain. Bethesda are the masters of the RPG genre.
  15. Nov 12, 2011
    I want to write something here, but that means taking the time to do so... So I will just say this: Buy the game yesterday, play it, and see what the rest of us sees aswell. This game is amazing.
  16. Nov 13, 2011
    Hands down the best game in years. There are just a handful of game companies that consistently go WAY beyond what is expected when creating games, and Bethesda is one of them.

As is typical of massive games like this upon release, ES V has crashed on me twice in a couple of days, but I'm sure patches will remedy this. It feels far more stable than Oblivion or FO3 upon release. The

The leveling system is much improved from Oblivion in my opinion. Why they didn't go completely FO3 with the leveling in Skyrim, they did correct the fundamental issues with Oblivion's system. And they are perks galore! And you get to choose one each level.

I haven't advanced far in the main quest yet (I tend to get easily distracted by side quests, of which there seem to be no end!), but the story already has the makings of another Bethesda epic.
  17. Feb 6, 2012
    This review gives a different take on the bugs, glitches, and mishaps associated with the PC version of Skyrim. Many people are complaining about the lack of PC optimization, in addition to things like the UI clearly being only ideal for console users and textures not being high-res enough. While it is very unfortunate that this is the case (the game was not designed ideally for PC), whatThis review gives a different take on the bugs, glitches, and mishaps associated with the PC version of Skyrim. Many people are complaining about the lack of PC optimization, in addition to things like the UI clearly being only ideal for console users and textures not being high-res enough. While it is very unfortunate that this is the case (the game was not designed ideally for PC), what is fortunate is that Bethesda had the logic to give us OFFICIAL MOD SUPPORT for PC. Don't like the UI? Download a mod that changes it. Don't like the low-res textures? I've already downloaded over 3GB of higher res textures. Don't like the optimization? It gets better with each and every patch. While the PC version is not perfect, it's surely good enough for a 9/10 rating. Expand
  18. Nov 11, 2011
    Have only played the first 20 minutes or so but so far the game is looking great, some people have commented about the graphics however this game isnt like COD, the world is HUGE and the game would take up way to much space on the hard drive if the graphics were to improve anymore. Can't wait to get back on it.
  19. Nov 21, 2011
    I'll keep this quick, despite the pretty graphics (if u have the machine to max them out they aren't bad) and decent voice acting, I was quickly disappointed. The combat is terrible, quests are both sparse and boring, and very little to do that actually has any impact on anything of importance, I found this to be a quick waste of 60$. I can't for the life of me understand what all theI'll keep this quick, despite the pretty graphics (if u have the machine to max them out they aren't bad) and decent voice acting, I was quickly disappointed. The combat is terrible, quests are both sparse and boring, and very little to do that actually has any impact on anything of importance, I found this to be a quick waste of 60$. I can't for the life of me understand what all the hype was about. Expand
  20. Nov 11, 2011
    Amazing game. It is a console port right outta the box, but a great port at that. I played for 5 hous last night without even knowing it, and every second of the game was absolutely glorious.
  21. Dec 26, 2011
    Its still not working and no reply from the game producers. It is **** crap. This is going to the social networks now.
    And you can remove this as many times as you like. Yours is NOT the only plaform.
  22. Dec 20, 2011
    Bethesda today released LAA (Large Address Aware, 4gb support) support for the PC version, which at least makes the game playable without using a 3rd party program. Since that is finally true (nearly 6 weeks after launch) this will be my final review. The score is a 4, a low meh. That score is based on vanilla Skyrim, no mods with the software as the developers intended it. I can onlyBethesda today released LAA (Large Address Aware, 4gb support) support for the PC version, which at least makes the game playable without using a 3rd party program. Since that is finally true (nearly 6 weeks after launch) this will be my final review. The score is a 4, a low meh. That score is based on vanilla Skyrim, no mods with the software as the developers intended it. I can only assume this is how they intended it being so far after launch, 3 patches later and this is what it is. The game is still plagued by compatibility issues. Some systems and hardware simply can not use the game settings to run correctly. In my case Anti Aliasing (AA) and Anisotropic Filtering (AF) is broken. Using these settings in the game simply does not work, causes major FPS loss and texture problems. Forcing these setting (on max) externally through my video card the game runs well. The menus and keybinding issues that have been widely spoken about persist and Bethesda has done nothing at all about them. Shadows, regardless of setting (low to ultra) are blocky, twitchy, badly behaved abominations all over the game world. There are hundreds of quest bugs and other minor issues that remain untouched as well. Perhaps most troubling is some of the things that DID make it into previous patch notes, supposedly being fixed, were NOT fix and still persist in game. All of these things bring my score for this game down and that score is solely because Bethesda did not take the time to polish their game. Now, all that being said....Skyrim is one of the best games of all time. Just not by default. If you (and I encourage you to do so) visit one of the modding sites (nexus) and see what the fan base of this game is doing, not only to fix Bethesda's laziness but also their broken programming your jaw will constantly drop as the hours tick away in the wonderful world that is Skyrim. There are mods to make the game run better, mods to make the textures in the world look better, mods to fix the broken inventories and terrible UI in the game. There are mods to make your character look different and mods that bring Skyrim to life. The modding community for this game is EXTREMELY active (all current mods have been made even without the help of an SDK) and helpful. Bethesda built the foundation and for releasing a flawed game get a low score. The modders finished Skyrim, polished it and made it one of, if not THE, best games of all time. Expand
  23. Nov 11, 2011
    Great game, combat is much better than before, especially the magic system is a ton better compared to the earlier Elder Scrolls. Sounds are good so far and graphics are pretty good too. There are some minor bugs and small annoying things in the game, but nothing that cannot be fixed. I definitely recommend this game.
  24. Nov 11, 2011
    i apologize but i will keep this short very short

BUY THE GAME... period it is not as beautiful as witcher 2 but hell is it HUGEEEEE and the world immersion is parallel to no no game out there now
  25. Nov 15, 2011
    I have a modern day gaming machine and this game runs like crap, i can max out games like BF3 without any problems yet this game even on low my fps drops below 30. The visuals are ugly, even on max they look like someone smeared crap all over the objects. Skyrim is a unoptimized cheap console port, do no buy it.
  26. Nov 17, 2011
    Graphics are even worse than Oblivion , the menu and navigating is a pain. Cannot see the characther,cannot see the equipped item on the char, cannot see the body in 1st person view.. Very laggy performance on a high end machine (HD6970,8GBRams and i7 Processor). Animations are crap, too much graphic bugs.. I cant count the problems... This is really really horrible after Oblivion....
  27. Nov 11, 2011
    What a great game I have nothing to complain about: Great story; great gameplay .
    This game is absolutely stunning.... Every negative point I could think of (maybe one or two graphical disappointments) get totally out weight by so many positive aspects!
  28. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is one of the best games ever made. And deserves nothing lower than a 10 out of 10. Everything about it is just great. That's about it. Dawgs.
  29. Nov 20, 2011
    This was a shock! Graphics are bad, controls are bad, bugs are bad and the overall atmosphere is bad. Bethesda has lost it. Morrowind was their swan song and everything they have spilled out since then, is more or less crap.

Buy Dark Souls for one the consoles or wait 3 years for some decent mods. I don't have the time to wait so I play Dark Souls and I' am so loving it.
  30. Jan 15, 2012
    How can you release a PC game with broken binds!? It's bad enough that I'm forced to bind spells and weapons to number keys only, but then these vanish into thin air a few minutes later! What a thoughtless console port. The mouse lag in menus is also unforgiveable. Numerous online solutions have failed to correct these problems. I have spent more time trying to make this pos game playableHow can you release a PC game with broken binds!? It's bad enough that I'm forced to bind spells and weapons to number keys only, but then these vanish into thin air a few minutes later! What a thoughtless console port. The mouse lag in menus is also unforgiveable. Numerous online solutions have failed to correct these problems. I have spent more time trying to make this pos game playable than actually playing the game. Do yourself a favor and either buy the console version or play somethign else. Expand
  31. Nov 11, 2011
    I had very high expectations for this game and I am in no way disappointed. Frankly, I am surprised by the bad reviews but not because I believe that everyone likes the same thing. The bad reviews taken in toto reveal a "even though you gave me a world, I still want more" mentality. I am further mystified by the comments that this game is somehow not worthy of a PC gamer's attentionI had very high expectations for this game and I am in no way disappointed. Frankly, I am surprised by the bad reviews but not because I believe that everyone likes the same thing. The bad reviews taken in toto reveal a "even though you gave me a world, I still want more" mentality. I am further mystified by the comments that this game is somehow not worthy of a PC gamer's attention because it is a port. What difference does that make? Let me tell you a secret kiddies: ports have been around for ages and there was a time not so long ago when a game was judged based upon its immersion factor. Certainly comparisons CAN be made but the whining about the game being optimized for 360 controllers and pretty much left in a state of chaos for the PC are simply unfounded. The game positively exudes atmosphere and the world literally seduces you into that rarefied state of "just one more hour" for hours on end. Perhaps it doesn't have the graphics of a Hollywood blockbuster but again children, it is a GAME. The graphics however ARE splendid and I sense a significant improvement over Oblivion and a drastic improvement over Morrowind. Gone are the emaciated High Elves of Morrowind, and banished are the "human" races of Oblivion whose faces told a tale of people who needed a go on a treadmill. But even with the less than stellar models of Morrowind and Oblivion, those games were eminently playable, and absolutely immersive. Skyrim represents a very obvious maturation of the Elder Scrolls series. I would directly respond to those who complain about the graphics to try an experiment: read a book. You would be surprised at the graphics you get from black ink on wood pulp. If you REALLY need realism such that not even a pixel should be made manifest then go outdoors for Heaven's sake! Imagination is the key to great games and you have the freedom to make this game become whatever experience you desire it to be.

I applaud companies like Bethesda and CD-Projekt because they do NOT take the easy way out and create MMORPGs. It takes considerably more effort to create a single player game in which the characters become believable. I would wager that many of the whiners here are WoW junkies. As such, you limit yourself because with WoW you are at the mercy of what Blizzard decides to make you pay for and you had better get in at the right time because skill means nothing in WoW; it means EVERYTHING in games like Skyrim and The Witcher.

I am running this game on a dual core 2.92 GHz with a GeForce 9800 GTX; my rig is not exactly top spec anymore. That said, the game runs beautifully on high settings and looks beautiful even at medium. Yes there ARE glitches but in a game of this magnitude such things are to be expected. The voice acting will not win any Academy Awards but I do not expect that of any game; movies are made for that.

Lastly, I read one negative review here which stated that the person hated Skyrim and Bethesda so much that from now on the person was going to torrent everything Bethesda makes. I am supposing that the person who wrote this was frustrated because his torrent of MW3 was taking too long. Simply put, the reviewer who feels that engaging in immoral and illegal acts is justifiable because he/she dislikes a game should be banned: free speech does not include mentions of illegal activity. You ARE a criminal and it is people like you that make honest gamers pay a fortune. I apologize for the rant folks. Skyrim is a simply phenomenal game and we PC gamers are especially fortunate because this magnificent world of Skyrim shall grow beyond imagining and I am excited to see what is around the next corner.
  32. Nov 12, 2011
    In one word Brilliant! If you like stealth/ combat/ magic/ crating and selling stuff/ quests this is your game. Sure the ui is horrible for the pc and there are still glitches but the sheer scale of the game outweighs these issues. Honestly this game should not be reviewed by anyone who has played the game for less than 10 hours because the sheer scope of Skyrim is one of it's many many pluses.
  33. Nov 12, 2011
    It could be the best game of all time. I need to finish it first and I'm sure that is going to take a LONG time. But it takes all of the great changes from Fallout 3 and updates them to make a master piece for the Elder Scroll Series. The story seems to work better that all the previous Elder games.

It is a shame there are so many great games coming out at the same time, but this one will be played more than the rest.

For those of you that like Bethesda RPG's, this is the best one of them all. Get it.
  34. Nov 12, 2011
    As usual, there're many polarised reviews here. This game deserves neither a 10 nor a 0. The game is definitely an improvement on Oblivion ("game of the year" nonsense notwithstanding, many people found it dull or unplayable), and things such as dual weilding and lack of classes are very welcome. The environments and music are wonderful and models are fantastic, too. The major thing for meAs usual, there're many polarised reviews here. This game deserves neither a 10 nor a 0. The game is definitely an improvement on Oblivion ("game of the year" nonsense notwithstanding, many people found it dull or unplayable), and things such as dual weilding and lack of classes are very welcome. The environments and music are wonderful and models are fantastic, too. The major thing for me is that combat feels much better, and that makes a huge difference!

However: this is still elder scrolls, and let's be honest here, these games are all more or less the same. There is just more emphasis on breadth than depth, and so the game won't be for everybody. Flaws? The interface leaves a *lot* to be desired, voice acting is a mixed bag as usual, graphics technology is dated (despite being pulled off well anyway), AI is awful. Ultimately, a well-refined albeit unoriginal game with a lot to enjoy, as well as some flaws. It's certainly worth a try, I think most people will genuinely enjoy this - if you don't, that's OK too, just don't give it so much hate which it doesn't deserve.
  35. Nov 12, 2011
    I'm 17 hours into Skyrim, and more than anything, there is only one problem I have with it. The more I play, the better it gets, and the better it gets, the more I play. If you have any respect for Video Games, or Fantasy in general, you need to play this game. It's unquestionably the best game I have ever played - so much depth, an impressive world, that feels very much alive, and someI'm 17 hours into Skyrim, and more than anything, there is only one problem I have with it. The more I play, the better it gets, and the better it gets, the more I play. If you have any respect for Video Games, or Fantasy in general, you need to play this game. It's unquestionably the best game I have ever played - so much depth, an impressive world, that feels very much alive, and some of the best combat in a first person RPG to date. Just Play it. Sure, the PC port isn't the greatest, and the User Interface takes some getting used too, but these are minor issues when you look at how much Skyrim has to offer. Expand
  36. Nov 12, 2011
    there are no words to describe this game epicness. they fixed everything that was wrong with oblivion and added some new things, the game has a couple of annoying bugs but they will be fixed soon I think. overall this game is damn damn damn fun to play
  37. Nov 13, 2011
    Skyrim whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I have given the game a review score of 10 for this and one other reason, the other reason being that I do not believe 8.5 (average user score at time of posting) to be an accurate representation of the quality present and the enjoyment that can be taken from game. As usual it seems there are people that insist on bombing a gamesSkyrim whole is greater than the sum of its parts. I have given the game a review score of 10 for this and one other reason, the other reason being that I do not believe 8.5 (average user score at time of posting) to be an accurate representation of the quality present and the enjoyment that can be taken from game. As usual it seems there are people that insist on bombing a games metacritic score with 1â Expand
  38. Nov 13, 2011
    It is a rare day when I give a game a perfect rating. However, Skyrim is incredible. The combat and dialogue may be spotty, but for such a wide world, most of it is seamless. I love it, it's so good. It's the best. I could give so many reasons why, but there is way too many. The randomness of everything is incredible. I've started a character twice and each play through is completelyIt is a rare day when I give a game a perfect rating. However, Skyrim is incredible. The combat and dialogue may be spotty, but for such a wide world, most of it is seamless. I love it, it's so good. It's the best. I could give so many reasons why, but there is way too many. The randomness of everything is incredible. I've started a character twice and each play through is completely different. I'm in love. Expand
  39. Nov 13, 2011
    I sat down to play Skyrim after a long wait following Oblivion, I played, I played, I played. I explored, I did side quests, I did some of the main quest, got distracted by shiny things in the distance and went off to do other things. I was utterly entranced. My housemate knocked on my bedroom door and asked me "What skills you gone for?" he had just finished installing it after gettingI sat down to play Skyrim after a long wait following Oblivion, I played, I played, I played. I explored, I did side quests, I did some of the main quest, got distracted by shiny things in the distance and went off to do other things. I was utterly entranced. My housemate knocked on my bedroom door and asked me "What skills you gone for?" he had just finished installing it after getting home from work, I, had the day off. He came in and looked at me, exclaiming only "It's 10pm dude..." I had been played since 7am, and had absolutely, no, idea. Expand
  40. Nov 14, 2011
    The best game I have ever yet played, nothing more to say.
  41. Nov 14, 2011
    It's a great game whitout mods (in fact my GOTY regarding BF3 and Deus EX). And surely better with future mods & official/non-official patchs. Few bugs appear but like all other games.
  42. Nov 14, 2011
    when game was only announced my only hope was that it will be on same level as obsidian's New Vegas (that was good enough game). But now I can honestly say, Skyrim is better. It even better than Morrowind an even Daggerfall (my previously best game in TES). Bethesda fixed most mistakes of their Oblivion and Fallout 3 and deliver us, in my opinion, best RPG at this moment. I don't wantwhen game was only announced my only hope was that it will be on same level as obsidian's New Vegas (that was good enough game). But now I can honestly say, Skyrim is better. It even better than Morrowind an even Daggerfall (my previously best game in TES). Bethesda fixed most mistakes of their Oblivion and Fallout 3 and deliver us, in my opinion, best RPG at this moment. I don't want describe all new features - new great dialogues, non-linear quests (that really on close level to witcher 2) all these aspects made on very high level, so you just need to play and enjoy. But there three main themes that people are afraid of: simplification of rpg system, graphic and one I called "It is the same oblivion". I don't understand people who blame skyrim about this. New RPG system is not simplified - it become more variate and more organically fits into gameplay. Yes there are less skills but I like it very much (in spite of me as big fan of most hardcore system as it was in Daggerall). Graphics... all who say that graphics is bad and same as in oblivion, first I advise play in Skyrim couple hours then asap play in Oblivion (without graphic mods) to compare. Second I advise to understand - it is ONE HUGE WORLD, where you can't just make fake stage where game strictly controls you - where you can see and where not (like COD, Uncharted and even Witcher and ME sometimes). BUT even with all this difficulties game looks great on consoles from 2006! Also if you play on good modern PC there are lots of additional graphic options like additional shadows, Ambient occlusion etc., that make picture even better. My main poit is - this isn't "same as Oblivion", it is BIG step forward in all aspects and best game in TES for me now. This game shows what other series like DA, ME of Witcher can't - big really living world Expand
  43. Nov 15, 2011
    Like Oblivion and Fallout 3, this brilliant game is already being patched, fixed and improved by the modding community at SkyrimNexus. Bug fixes, improved textures and graphics, and more can be found and are released on a regular basis. Don't miss out.
  44. Nov 15, 2011
    People hell-bent on giving Skyrim an extremely low score should consider how few major pc games are released these days, Back in the so called hayday of pc gaming we only dreamed of a game like Skyrim, And all games were a nightmare to run. Skyrim needs a few tweaks here and there but it still the best pc game I've played. I hope its not the last great pc RPG.We need to give credit where its due.
  45. Nov 16, 2011
    Simply the most amazing world created this game generation. It's alive, well detailed and filled with interesting lore and quests.

The only downsides are some graphical imperfections like low texture resolution on PC, and the interface which doesn't work perfectly with a mouse. I expect this to be patched. Even with those downsides, it's still a 10/10 because the world and extreme

Even with those downsides, it's still a 10/10 because the world and extreme amounts of content more than make up for the small downsides.
  46. Nov 16, 2011
    Such a brilliant game so much to explore. first played it weren't really into it but eventually you love it. The game lets you upgrade on so many things. you can travel to many destinations and constantly be impressed by the landscapes.

Do not waste your money on MW3 because it has failed this year in terms of innovation it is the same thing as MW2. Skyrim have put the effort into this game and I admire them for this.
  47. Nov 16, 2011
    Great game! Definitely deserves the spot for GOTY. I haven't even played the game yet, and it seems amazing. Not only the graphics but all the interaction around you, and how "doing this and doing that, can lead to this". You really get to live your own life in the game, you can make decisions and all that. For sure the greatest game from Bethesda so far. People will spend a long time onGreat game! Definitely deserves the spot for GOTY. I haven't even played the game yet, and it seems amazing. Not only the graphics but all the interaction around you, and how "doing this and doing that, can lead to this". You really get to live your own life in the game, you can make decisions and all that. For sure the greatest game from Bethesda so far. People will spend a long time on this one, especially on the PC with all the mods that expand the game! Expand
  48. Nov 17, 2011
    I hate to admit it. But this is the best game I have ever played in almost 30 years of gaming. I personally hated, and I do mean HATED Fallout 3 and Oblivion. I thought they were two of the most overrated games ever made. But this, oh man what an amazing game. It does have some flaws. Bad UI, a fair few bugs and some poor graphics. Fortunately those things can be fixed with mods. I amI hate to admit it. But this is the best game I have ever played in almost 30 years of gaming. I personally hated, and I do mean HATED Fallout 3 and Oblivion. I thought they were two of the most overrated games ever made. But this, oh man what an amazing game. It does have some flaws. Bad UI, a fair few bugs and some poor graphics. Fortunately those things can be fixed with mods. I am currently using about 8 or 9 and it makes the game beautiful as only a PC can. Wonderful game, any RPG nut needs to try it. Expand
  49. Nov 20, 2011
    GOTY? No - possibly game of the last ten years. I'm not inclined toward sandbox games - never found one I've really liked and I'm not inclined toward Bethesda, either; I was bewildered by Oblivion and found Fallout 3 painfully bad from a story, voice acting, and the game engine .

But Skyrim? It stands apart - and above - almost anything else I've played. First, there is the vastness of the game world: almost beyond comprehension, with hills and mountains and streams and caves littering the landscape. And where most games have one or two major cities, this game has at least eight. More than that, however, is the amazing degree of meticulous detail packed *into* this world. NPCs notice when you drop objects, what armor you're wearing, what magic you're wielding, and engage in intelligent conversation with other random NPCs. Explore at night and you will find a half-dozen varieties of bugs (some bigger than others!) and even more plants. Further, you really *live* in this world - craft potions, smith weapons, enchant them with spells - even cook your own food for more health. You can also meld combat styles very easily - for instance, I play a heavy armor one-handed warrior who also throws around magic. The one clear downside is the UI - quite unintuitive and poorly though out, console or no console - but one of the huge strengths of this game is the army of modders and the mod tools Bethesda is releasing so that it can all be fixed. Even now, there are some amazing mods that significantly improve the graphics.

Honestly, if you're a gamer of any stripe, not experiencing this game would be a tragedy.
  50. Nov 21, 2011
    I'm not finished with the game, but I can already see how its all going to end. This game deserves a 7/10. As others have said, reviewing websites and companies are no longer to be trusted. This game does not deserve a 9.5. As far as I am concerned, this game is Oblivion with better graphics, worse combat, and a worse storyline. Fallout 3 is the epitome of Bethesda's success. That gameI'm not finished with the game, but I can already see how its all going to end. This game deserves a 7/10. As others have said, reviewing websites and companies are no longer to be trusted. This game does not deserve a 9.5. As far as I am concerned, this game is Oblivion with better graphics, worse combat, and a worse storyline. Fallout 3 is the epitome of Bethesda's success. That game made every inch of the map interesting to explore and characters had life and were interesting. Expand
  51. Nov 30, 2011
    This game defines a genre and is without question, the best RPG gaming experience currently available to human kind.

Although I will deduct one point for a long list of bugs and the ongoing CTD errors :)
  52. Jan 21, 2012
    Before playing Skyrim you must accept the fact that Elder Scrolls games... or Bethesda RPG's in general have tendencies to be terribly glitchy and well un-organised. Skyrim, reasons you are so great: Great graphics/models/views/effects, great combat (decapitating people casually), great array of weapons armour and crafting, great bunch of characters, a good adventurer experience.
  53. Dec 9, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I bought the game on day one and began playing. I was disappointed with the CC and the ghastly lack of choices for making any type of attractive character for this game. Eventually got a playable character and found myself in a fairly standard opening scene typical of Oblivion, captured and on my way to execution. Oblivion had me already in a cell so pretty typical beginning. Found myself not so impressed with the world and graphics, they are nice but not amazing as claimed and the world colours are too muted for my taste.
    There are many many many quests to do so I got busy. After a few days of questing and exploring and beginning to get quite fed up with the very long dungeon quests I decided to get married. Marriage is a joke. Its a cold and lacklustre union with little to recommend it as the perks of marriage were glitched and didnt work as they should have. I also felt not one bit connected or fond of the guy as he pretty soon annoyed me with his getting stuck, getting in the way, sleeping on floors and calling me 'sister' instead of wife. Oh my God if they were going to bring us some marriage couldnt they have at least have made it a little more romantic and meaningful. Blah. :(
    I got bored and fed up with the bugs and glitches before I managed to finish the main quest. I would have loved to give this game a higher score but it feels like such a half- assed effort and I feel it is not one bit an improvement on Oblivion. (I really get mad when I think of this game-grr my lists of complaints are endless)
    For people who love meaningless quests for uninteresting NPCs and huge worlds to run around in for days on end this game will be a winner. Those of us who need an intelligent and interesting storyline and an immersive world, this game will be a HUGE HUGE disappointment so wait until it goes on sale and you have many many days with nothing else to do.
  54. Jan 21, 2012
    Others seem to have had a much better time with it than I have. As for me I've run into a few game breaking bugs that not even console commands or regular saving could fix. One reason I got Skyrim for PC was to be able to avoid some issues like this. I also find it too combat oriented at times, even forcibly so. Some enemies are scripted to find you which can leave characters relying onOthers seem to have had a much better time with it than I have. As for me I've run into a few game breaking bugs that not even console commands or regular saving could fix. One reason I got Skyrim for PC was to be able to avoid some issues like this. I also find it too combat oriented at times, even forcibly so. Some enemies are scripted to find you which can leave characters relying on sneak or those not focused in combat in trouble. This can leave using console commands, lowering difficulty, or using tactics the AI can't put up a fight against to deal with the problem which I'd consider a design flaw. While not having enemies level with you like in Oblivion was a step in the right direction, if they're 20 levels above you, able to instantly get a killing animation if they get close enough, and running across all of Skyrim to hunt you down then needless to say it can be problematic. And people saying,"You just need to level up more," should understand that a game forcing you to play a certain way loses the definition of being open world, sandbox, or nonlinear. A game like this shouldn't be a race to grind levels. This might have been a string of bad luck for my first few characters, 4 or 5 I felt I had to delete for this reason or the previous one. Graphics aren't as refined as expected. Shadows are blocky unless on a higher end gaming PC or ini settings are adjusted, but the later results in a performance hit. Antialiasing and lighting conflict, giving a lighted or colored outline to characters in certain areas. Without mods I consider a character using Archery, and this goes for some magic skills also, as unplayable with the auto-aim Bethesda saw fit to put in. Otherwise in my opinion, many other features have been mixed to me. Getting rid of stats, the classless leveling system, removing or combining skills, Fallout lockpicking, new use of speech, removed birthsigns to name a few. I can see both good and bad things out of each. Dual wielding is a plus, but not being able to block when doing so is senseless. Dual casting can be exciting for new ways to play. Expand
  55. Mar 1, 2012
    Awesome, fun, beautiful game. Modding community will keep it interesting and fun for a long time as well. Also has a lot of re-playability due to the shear size of the game and very different playstyles of melee vs magic characters, good vs evil characters, and all the different factions to join or kill. Love it.
  56. Sep 25, 2012
    Well, I've never been a PC RPG or an Elder Scrolls fan, so there's no way this gets a high score from me. What I don't get is how everyone heralds games like this as appealing to everyone. They certainly don't. They should be seen relative to other games in the same genre. As it stands though, everyone is insisting that the game is the game to end all games, so that's how it's going toWell, I've never been a PC RPG or an Elder Scrolls fan, so there's no way this gets a high score from me. What I don't get is how everyone heralds games like this as appealing to everyone. They certainly don't. They should be seen relative to other games in the same genre. As it stands though, everyone is insisting that the game is the game to end all games, so that's how it's going to be reviewed. I've played every ES game since Arena. Morrowind was my favorite, the rest aren't worth playing. Skyrim is not an amazing revolution. It's simply the next game for fans of the series. It's the same cavalcade of terrible acting, terrible dialogue, pointless quests, shallow combat, and vast open landscapes where nothing happens. The landscapes are hand made and nice to look at, but so what, that's not what makes a great game. Expand
  57. Jan 27, 2013
    Incredibly generic story and plot, decent at best graphics, decent at best game play. Terrible voice acting, terribly generic characters. Without a doubt the worst of the series.
  58. Mar 5, 2013
    One of the most overrated games of 2012. Decent graphics, but very boring after a few hours. Very thin storyline, characters which barely say anything, bunch of generic quests and a bucketload of bugs. Reading the critic reviews you'd think this was the best game ever, did they even play past 5 hours?
  59. May 6, 2015
    Skyrim has a awful short story, large empty world and broken and useless RPG elements.
    Story is: here comes a bad dragon who wants to destroy the world and you must defeat it...who was writing this...a ten year old boy. Morrowind did not have a Planescape Torment story but you had that mystic with Dagoth Ur and that was making Morrowind awesome story game...put more time in story mates. Evolve more mature depth story not cheep Hollywood action story.
    Civil war quest is also short and dumb...I was expecting from civil war more then go and take over the fort quests.
    Why did you built a large world where practically nothing happens ( come on Skyrim is in the middle of the civil war and I had never had a feeling while traveling through Skyrim that civil war is going ), put more life in Skyrim wilds and roads or reduce the map size that we have a feeling that something is happening ( New Vegas had that...reduced map with more life...their I had a feeling that war was going on between Legion and NCR ). Why did you not combine dragon revivals and civil war quests…you know dragon revival would effect civil war. I also had a feeling like people of Skyrim aren’t effected by dragons return and they are living their boring life…put more fear in your world.
    Sidequest are awesome but in the future instalment you must avoid putting quests like get me this item or get me this weapon ( do not cut it just reduce the pointless quests ), it is really pointless that you must travel from one edge of Skyrim to another just to take a item from the NPC and return it to the quest giver.
    Put guild requirements ( it is really dumb that a barbarian with no skill in magic can join mage guild, same goes with mage in fighters guild).
    Why put 80 points of perks where you can finish you character in 25-30 perks (built improve armor rating , improve damage with weapon , archery damage some sneak and restoration and here you have a awesome character and still I did not use smiting, alchemy or enhance perks because when you used them it is a overkill for every enemy) . Many trees like speech ( why did you not put perks involving shouts in speech tree), lockpicking ( only good perk is the one that improves your weight) are useless. Smiting, alchemy and smiting is OP ( put a limit how much you can improve potion or weapon or armor so it does not go in infinitive), some perks do not apply to weapons ( I think it was critical hit perks, probably some others also ).
    Why there is no attributes? It is really dumb that every character no matter how much is his weapon skill can always hit his enemy. Dexterity should determine a chance to hit, lose the perk that improves damage put strength attribute. Endurance should determine health and stamina and intelligence should improve magicka and spell damage , put willpower so you have better resist magic chance and charisma for sweet talk. Put better perks and not “ if you do a backward power attack you have a chance to stun enemy for 1 seconds and that is ultimate weapon perk ( wow…OMG ) and the list goes on.
    I also heard that many things like guild requirements, better civil war you developed in construction set but left it out…why?
    And after slamming your head to a wall because you wasted your money for BS like Skyrim you discover Skyrim Nexus and boy what a change...mods rule...thank you modders!!!
    Mods fixes many things but still dumb story is here and going ( no main story mod…yet ).
    My suggestion is if you are planning to develop new TES ask Obsidian ( most of them are ex Black Isle employees and we all know that Black Isle was creating best RPG-s ever ) to help you like you did in New Vegas…it is a win and win situation for you and us.
    I give Skyrim without mods 2/10!!!
    I give Skyrim with mods 9/10!!!
    I give Skyrim in general 7/10 because counting on modders to fix your game is lazy so Bethseda learn from modders. The game is unplayable without mods.
  60. Nov 16, 2011
    The overall impression - a single player MMORPG. Flat and predictable storyline, boring unremarkable characters, uninspiring dialogs, repetitive quests (quantity over quality). Combat mechanics are dull - enemy has too much health and hits too hard? Just kite it around while your mana regenerates. I'm not gonna mention all the technical flaws, because that I could excuse, if the game wouldThe overall impression - a single player MMORPG. Flat and predictable storyline, boring unremarkable characters, uninspiring dialogs, repetitive quests (quantity over quality). Combat mechanics are dull - enemy has too much health and hits too hard? Just kite it around while your mana regenerates. I'm not gonna mention all the technical flaws, because that I could excuse, if the game would be any bit exciting. Expand
  61. Dec 2, 2011
    Take back my earlier game review, Game has had several patches an it still runs like **** crashes on random loads or fast traveling between areas, will have texture load failures. **** for all the game content an as fun as it might be, I refuse to play it anymore cause I am sick of it randomly crashing every 5 to whatever minutes. piece of **** crap game an Bethesda has joined the ranks ofTake back my earlier game review, Game has had several patches an it still runs like **** crashes on random loads or fast traveling between areas, will have texture load failures. **** for all the game content an as fun as it might be, I refuse to play it anymore cause I am sick of it randomly crashing every 5 to whatever minutes. piece of **** crap game an Bethesda has joined the ranks of crap software companies just like the rest of them. Horrible peace of **** unfinished released software I am sick of wasting my money on crap software that is released untested an we the consumer get to play their test dumby as they patch an fix the game they released broken. TIRED OF IT AN I REFUSE TO BUY ANY GAME THAT IS NOT MADE BY BLIZZARD FROM NOW ON. Expand
  62. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is amazing, and nothing short of it. The gameplay (Combat) is far better then it was in previous Elder Scrolls games, but it seems like this game is a port TO PC not from it. The game isn't well optimized and graphics leave something to be wanted. Though Graphics may be less than a 'Crysis MEGA GWaFics' they are actually quite nice!
  63. Nov 11, 2011
    I have always loved the Elder Scrolls series, and was hoping with all my heart that Skyrim would not disappoint me.

It didn't.

That's all I have to say.
  64. Nov 2, 2014
    Just a bad game. Awful combat, no challenge, no intensity, broken inventory and bugs everywhere!!. Looks completely unfinished and feels like nothing more than a bad dlc of oblivion. Could barely finish it. How this garbage sucked so many people in is beyond me but I can safely say this is by far one of the worst videogames ive ever had the displeasure to have on my computer.
  65. Nov 11, 2011
    Two very simple reasons you must get this game:
    1.Developed by Bethesda Game Studios. 2.Epic release date(11/11/11).
  66. Nov 11, 2011
    I am very happy with the outcome of this game. I can't say that it doesn't have issues that is why I gave it an 8 instead of a 9 or 10. The Visuals look quite good on my PC. Someone had said how it eats up their 8800 gtx. That's cause that is like 5 generations old video hardware. The game feels like a new experience. The dual-wielding is a concept that I've wanted to see and definatelyI am very happy with the outcome of this game. I can't say that it doesn't have issues that is why I gave it an 8 instead of a 9 or 10. The Visuals look quite good on my PC. Someone had said how it eats up their 8800 gtx. That's cause that is like 5 generations old video hardware. The game feels like a new experience. The dual-wielding is a concept that I've wanted to see and definately adds for a different dynamic.. The scenery is appropriate and pretty. I haven't run into any off-putting bugs at this time. The voice acting is quite the step up from Oblivion (70+ voice actors compared to TES IV's 12). The only major problem I have is that it is optimized for consoles. The interface, inventory, favorite items vs quick keys all felt cumbersome at first. I'm getting used to it, but I shouldn't be required to conform to what I can do with 5 buttons. The Elder Scrolls have previously been PC first games which made them incredibly enveloping when they came out. I've certainly had a couple Ooohh's and Ahhhh's in this but I can only imagine what it could have been if it were designed with the PC in mind first. Expand
  67. Nov 23, 2011
    Skyrim is another horrible example of quantity over quality. Bethesda is more than aware of what was good and bad in their previous games. They could easily have picked all the things that worked very well in Morrowind, Oblivion (with mods) and the Fallout games and made a truly amazing legendary rpg. Bethesda have the power and money to do just that. But it seems they lack the integritySkyrim is another horrible example of quantity over quality. Bethesda is more than aware of what was good and bad in their previous games. They could easily have picked all the things that worked very well in Morrowind, Oblivion (with mods) and the Fallout games and made a truly amazing legendary rpg. Bethesda have the power and money to do just that. But it seems they lack the integrity and logic to make an truly amazing game. They have removed lots of good things from the other games and continued with the flawed ideas and put in lots of new flaws as well.
    The level scaling on enemies are bad enough, but they chose to go with level scaling on loot. That is one of the worst concepts in gaming history and Bethesda uses it again :( The UI is also a total mess to use. Really....what were they thinking?? It looks tidy at first glance, but it is really cumbersome and unpractical to use. There is a good reason why most rpg's have very similar UI set up you know.....IT WORKS WELL! The game looks ok, but compared to most other games released for the pc these days it is look very dated. Skyrim is not a terrible game, but Bethesda really annoys me when they release a console optimized game for the pc, and they annoy me when implementing so many flawed ideas from previous games. After 20+ hours in the game I am bored to tears. Level scaling broke the point of progress once again.
  68. Nov 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is awesome! Played about 8 hours now, what impressed me the most though was when i were doing a random quest then got a note from a courrier with a black hand that said "WE KNOW". Then when i had rested i woke up at an old shack. And had to execute a random person, that was insane, apparently i got to join the dark brotherhood. The story so far i great, the sound is a 9/10, amazing. Graphics could be better though (will blame consoles). Also the landscape is visually amazing and very creative.10/10, this game is a masterpiece. Expand
  69. Nov 11, 2011
    Good game much better than Oblivion but it still has its flaws. First of all is the combat: it's very similar to Oblivions but this time has finishing moves that seem to happen randomly. It also has those stupid slow motion bits at the end of combat that appeared in Fallout 3 (which I hate). Facial animations are a bit stiff but that being said no one does make on an RPG like Bethesda. MyGood game much better than Oblivion but it still has its flaws. First of all is the combat: it's very similar to Oblivions but this time has finishing moves that seem to happen randomly. It also has those stupid slow motion bits at the end of combat that appeared in Fallout 3 (which I hate). Facial animations are a bit stiff but that being said no one does make on an RPG like Bethesda. My only major qualm with this game (and the reason I gave it a 7 not a 9) is the menu system. I have no problem with developers making a game for consoles but is it really that difficult make a different menu for the PC version? A menu system designed for use on consoles very rarely works well on PC. Expand
  70. Nov 27, 2011
    Hey everyone. Time for my review of the most anticipated game of this year. I picked the game up as soon as it came out. and i have been playing it since. 70 hours into the game, here are my experienced thoughts, I have to say i am not all that impressed. We are redlining here. The first thing i noticed is that this game is "exactly" like the last oblivon. Just amped up a bit. Let me takeHey everyone. Time for my review of the most anticipated game of this year. I picked the game up as soon as it came out. and i have been playing it since. 70 hours into the game, here are my experienced thoughts, I have to say i am not all that impressed. We are redlining here. The first thing i noticed is that this game is "exactly" like the last oblivon. Just amped up a bit. Let me take this moment to say that the first morrowind was and still is the best one. why dont you bethseda scammers remake that one for us with skyrims graphics? The ability to leviatate was the best part of morrowind. . Being able tocraft your spells as weak or powerful as you chose, to make your belt of leviatate and fly through the air raining destruction spells down on the world. There was also very unique and powerful items available. to the user. Such as the incredible boots of blinding speed. How come there is no items as cool as those boots in the two recent editions of morrowind.(and i played the sh**t out of oblivion and morrowind) I was disappointed to find that skyrim is the same as oblivion. The dungeons are nice, the puzzles and amount of underground crevices to explore is greater than oblivion was but still the game seems to lack that thuum of power. The shouts are well pretty useless really. i have only found one of those special skill statues(the lady) I miss how morrwind allowed you to pick your birth star and get a special ability in it. i dont like how skyrim wont let you craft very powerful items. in morrowind i could make a fireball spell that required 1000 mana and did equivelent damage. in skyrim i cant make any spells at all. just theones they give me. Even the enchanting of items is very limited in skyrim. Its way to quick and easy to become the head of a guild. and it offers no bonus or perks to the user. The only really useful thing guilds do is provide neat missions. other than the thieves guild wich allows you to pay off the guards instead of going to jailand or paying a fine. i quickly realized there is little to no point in crafting my own gear since the stuff i find will always be better. The only two self enchanted items i use are twin ebony swords i enchanted with fire and frost. nothing epic, i set them to 10 damage each(max is about 31 so far.i dont expect it to go up much.) and if i set them to max damage they would only be useable once. as is i set them to be usuable 350 ish times each.(saves on recharging them after every swing or battle) There is a lot ofd walking around and more fast traveling. The horse is useless, basically it lets you run without using your stamina and you cant fight from horseback. There is a lot of glitches i have found. example theres this one dungeon with a pit 20 ft deep filled with water. at the bottom in one corner is a... air bubble. There are lots of quest glitches, some i have completed 3 or 4 times. they keep coming back up though.There are problems with displaying items in my house. And the options to furnish your houses are lame. You should be able to choose how many chests book shelves and/or sword racks you put in and where they go. Also i put say a sword on a shelf and leave and come back and its been thrown off the shelf onto the floor. i have had things fall through the table and floor on me as well.
    The oriniginal morrowind with these graphics would be awesome. And all those things you have to give to delvin..wtf i want stuff like that in my house. so far the coolest ornaments i have found are those dynamo cores(nice animations on em) and a bee in a jar.(very cool) Overall the game is ok. but in all honesty wtf did you guys waste your time on oblivion for? didnt you fu**ers make enough on the first one? what happened to the making of this game ? do you guys think we are all stupid or something?
    i hope you get your acts together and bring back the things that made this game so epic in the first place. even in oblvion i could at least become a god of sorts. not the same as morrwind mind but still. Nothing quite makes yoiu feel as powerful as flying over a city and wiping it out with a giant fireball. !!!
  71. Nov 12, 2011
    Excellent and wonderful adventure! Oblivion was expecting, but received no less than Morrowind! Graphics nice, gameplay is perfect! the first 10 hours simply could not tear myself away from 3 o'clock which was engaged in hunting and fishing!
  72. Nov 13, 2011
    There is a good game and a very good game. This game is beyond both of these. This game is not just fantastic to play but it is also breathtaking with its enchanting scenery, enjoyable missions, fascinating puzzles and the unforgettably addictive gameplay. Once again Bethesda Softworks has made a game which I will never get bored with. Thanks, Worth every penny!
  73. Nov 13, 2011
    Competing with nostalgia-rich classics of the genre, critically acclaimed "hardcore" offerings, deep PnP style multiplayer RPGs as well as Oblivion and the (superior) Morrowind before it, Skyrim still comes out on top to become the best game I've ever played.

It combines the vast explorability and intoxicating atmosphere of Morrowind with the eminent playability of Oblivion, and turns the art style, world design, voice acting, story and most everything else up to 11 to create an almost perfect high fantasy/sword & sorcery RPG experience.

Visuals: 9.5/10
    Audio: 10/10
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Story/Quest Gameplay: 10/10
    RPG Mechanics/Design: 9/10
    Content/Scope: 10/10

Overall: 10/10
  74. Feb 3, 2012
    Man, was I wrong when I gave this game 8 points. It's not what I thought it is. I have played tones of hours just by assuming it should get better but it never did. I will never buy Bethesda game again until they start to innovate and make more story driven games! Because Skyrim is Big Empty world full of same characters with same crappy lines. Main quest is joke as many others. No matterMan, was I wrong when I gave this game 8 points. It's not what I thought it is. I have played tones of hours just by assuming it should get better but it never did. I will never buy Bethesda game again until they start to innovate and make more story driven games! Because Skyrim is Big Empty world full of same characters with same crappy lines. Main quest is joke as many others. No matter what you do you never feel the difference in outcome. Very dull game!!!!! I regret that I spend 60 dollars on it. Expand
  75. Mar 31, 2012
    Didn't like it one bit. It's not that I hate Bethesda or RPGs in general, it's just that I hate this one. There is too much repetition, the console version sucks, you need a computer like NASA's to play on a good video settings, there is zero story, and the load times can be horrendous.
  76. Jun 11, 2012
    I wish i could be more lenient about skyrim, but there isn't room to do so. It's a great game,
    with a stunning world to explore, and it's lore is magnificent. I'm an old morrowind player,
    and oblivion. With over 600 hours on morrowind plus all the expansions. But after seing the fallout, and fallout:Vegas i knew i had to let the developers fix the game and free it form the crashes and
    crashes and feezes.It's my first review on metacritic, and i wouldn't even think to post a review if iwasn't
    so enfuriated.I bought it the first week it was released, and didn't touch it since the previous two weeks.
    The game is simply unplayable, i have a fairly new computer with no problem in other games. After three
    oor four days the unthinkable happened the game freezed. And all this after the game reached v.1.6.Tried every available fix i found on the internet, spending hours and hours of searching. The freezes persisted, then i applied as beta-tester to the last patch.It was my last hope, but it was in vain.
    That's the last time i'll ever buy a game from bethesda.
  77. Jun 26, 2015
    This game hardly deserves anything more that 7.0, but with all the fanboy hype I feel obliged to give it a zero because of its overrated scores.
    Here's what's wrong with Skyrim: - 1. BUGS BUGS BUGS. Lots of them. It should have been called Fantasy Bug Simulator 2011. 4 years have passed and Bethesda didn't give a damn to solve them, but introduced many more in their DLCs. Quite often
    Here's what's wrong with Skyrim:
    1. BUGS BUGS BUGS. Lots of them. It should have been called Fantasy Bug Simulator 2011. 4 years have passed and Bethesda didn't give a damn to solve them, but introduced many more in their DLCs. Quite often you stumble upon glitches that just make some quests unpassable without troubleshooting and finding solutions that often involve console commands. There are unofficial patches but they hardly solve even a half of bugs that can happen to you. So looks like fanboys and fools spread their hype, buy the stuff and Bethesda sees that it's okay they way it is: money is in the pocket and majority is happy.
    2. Autoleveling. Bethesda didn't learn this lesson from Oblivion. Enemy strength directly depends on your level and you get level by leveling up skills. Invest a lot of your effort into some non-combat skills like pickpocketing and blacksmithing and enemies are going to tear you apart.
    3. Class balance. While there is no standard class division in Skyrim, it's very likely you're going to choose between one or another way of fighting your enemies - be that melee weapons, ranged weapons or magic (because jack of all trades is master of none and even more importantly - autoleveling). One may think these three 'combat classes' should be sort of equal, but in fact they are not: mage totally sucks while warrior delivers by himself and archer in case he makes use of sneak attacks and poisioned weapons.
    4. Voice acting. First off it often sounds dull and amateurish. More than that, after many hours spent in the game you will notice that there were like dozen voiceactors that voiced all of the characters but didn't even try to change their voices in any way. You will hear completely different NPCs having the exact same voices and speech manners. Digital voice pitching alone could have solved that, but Bethesda is too greedy for the buck to try. Have a look at DOTA 2. Not only it probably has more voiceactors, they worked hard and quite often had their voices processed so that you'll hardly guess by yourself that some characters were voiced by same actors.
    5. Mods will fix it & paid mods. "Mods will fix it" is an unofficial Bethesda motto regarding Skyrim's problems and their unwillingness to work on something other than things directly bringing profit - new DLCs and titles. Unfortunately mods will never fix bad voice acting or bugs, but other than that mods have greatly improved the game beyond original vanilla state and also solved some of the aforementioned balance problems of Skyrim. And how does Bethesda treat the fabled hero folk of modders and gamers that supported this product? They introduce paid steam mods with only 25% of sales revenue going to content creators and 75% to Bethvalve. When they've faced the community rage, paid mods were abolished and here and there you could hear talks from Bethvalve and their minions trying to excuse themselves by saying they just wanted to support the modders, let them devote their time on a professional basis and earn money for their work. It's outright lies, what they wanted is to make shiny coins out of others' labor. More than than, the labor that sometimes does Bethesda's dirty work they're not willing to do themselves ("mods will fix it"). If they wanted to support modders, they could have simply inverted the revenue sharing so that modders would get 75%, but they were too afraid and abolished paid mods completely. Spineless skeevers!
  78. Nov 15, 2011
    Massively disapointed in this game. Horrible UI (obvious and awful console-port), if you haven't played the previous games you will be completely lost attempting to do many things--they are not explained at all. The graphics are bad, characters all look like unwashed creepy meat-puppets. 20h in, the story still hadn't done anything to grab me. And the combat, good lord the combat. WorstMassively disapointed in this game. Horrible UI (obvious and awful console-port), if you haven't played the previous games you will be completely lost attempting to do many things--they are not explained at all. The graphics are bad, characters all look like unwashed creepy meat-puppets. 20h in, the story still hadn't done anything to grab me. And the combat, good lord the combat. Worst I've played in an rpg...ever...maybe as bad as Witcher 2's, but it's basically the same so that's probably why. 1st person rpg sword-slashing simply Does. Not. Work. Playing a mage was slightly less annoying, but still wholly un-compelling. I gave it a 1 because the mountains are pretty. So there's that... Expand
  79. Nov 11, 2011
    First of all let me say the game isn't perfect. While the graphics are a massive step up from Oblivion, don't be expecting Crysis 2 standard. Still - the game looks beautiful and has lots of detail. The gameplay is what the ES series is all about, and it is fantastic. I don't need to go into detail here, but bethesda have learnt from their mistakes in TES3/4 and this iteration of theFirst of all let me say the game isn't perfect. While the graphics are a massive step up from Oblivion, don't be expecting Crysis 2 standard. Still - the game looks beautiful and has lots of detail. The gameplay is what the ES series is all about, and it is fantastic. I don't need to go into detail here, but bethesda have learnt from their mistakes in TES3/4 and this iteration of the series is brilliant. The one thing I am slightly annoyed about is the menus for the PC, but in all honesty, will just take a bit of getting used to. Expand
  80. Aug 14, 2014
    A buggy, incomplete mess that suffers from attempts to maintain console parity. Thank Christ for the legion of modders working to make this game a decent experience on PC. Vanilla Skyrim is janky, at best. Quests are broken, game CTDs regularly, a disastrous console port that deserves better for its PC release. Elder Scrolls games have been going downhill since Oblivion, streamlines here,A buggy, incomplete mess that suffers from attempts to maintain console parity. Thank Christ for the legion of modders working to make this game a decent experience on PC. Vanilla Skyrim is janky, at best. Quests are broken, game CTDs regularly, a disastrous console port that deserves better for its PC release. Elder Scrolls games have been going downhill since Oblivion, streamlines here, removal of features there, there's reasons why people think Morrowind is perfection. I loved the game, but modders take half the credit. Expand
  81. Nov 15, 2011
    Skyrim starts out incredibly. Slowly as you play through the first town you'll come to realize how frustrating and difficult this game can be just to play. The are certainly solid elements in play (open world, complete interaction) but there is so much left to be desired.
    1. The controls for PC are extremely clunky and antiquated. It is essential to have multiple types of weapons and yet is ridiculously over-complicated to switch between items.
    2. Inventory system is a joke. It's 2011, I think we can move past the text based inventory system that Diablo used in 1996 Bathesda.
    3. Auto save is non-existent. Have to press my F5 key ever 2 minutes for fear of running into some monster in the forest that will kill me in 1 hit really takes away from the immersion of the world. Auto save only works when you zone, which means you're in a city, which means probably nothing will happen to you. Spend 20 minutes out in the forest? Better hope you saved 10 times to the run to wherever you're going.
    4. Game crashes constantly and some of the physics are just flat out broken (see horses)
  82. Nov 11, 2011
    Imagine a game where everything you want to do, you actually can do. The feel of a game where every decision you make will influence and affect the world around you. Well Skyrim does exactly that. This game is absolutely brilliant to play, stunning graphics, breathtaking storyline and a second to none soundtrack. However, As Bethesda is quite commonly known, Skyrim does feature someImagine a game where everything you want to do, you actually can do. The feel of a game where every decision you make will influence and affect the world around you. Well Skyrim does exactly that. This game is absolutely brilliant to play, stunning graphics, breathtaking storyline and a second to none soundtrack. However, As Bethesda is quite commonly known, Skyrim does feature some release bugs such as random client crashes, texture glitches etc. but these are nothing to worry about as they will be fixed in the patch very soon. 10/10! Expand
  83. Nov 11, 2011
    Metacritic never ceases to make me smile. The pointless gushing praise:

"OMG Roxor!! FTW!!! I want to have this games babies" without actually articulating why its the best and most important thing to have every happened to your life. Or the extreme criticism from morons that have nothing better to do than try to down vote a game they see as somehow threatening what they love the most
    Metacritic never ceases to make me smile. The pointless gushing praise:

Or the extreme criticism from morons that have nothing better to do than try to down vote a game they see as somehow threatening what they love the most just by being another game choice that exists in the world:

"I hate this game so much it has single handedly destroyed my life!!! Dark Souls Wins and the Witcher 2 is more PC!!!"

To be honest, nobody really cares if you like some other game else more than this. What do you think about the game you are actually coming here to vote on?

It doesn't matter what you choose there will always be better and worse things to compare it to but that is really missing the point when you are talking about games. The question is are you enjoying THIS game?

What do you like about it? What don't you like about it? Do you like more things about it than you dislike?

I've been gaming on PC AND Consoles since the games industry started. Iv'e seen games evolve from Pong to where we are today. Despite its ups and downs things just keep getting better and I am really excited to see where it takes us over the next 20 years...

As to my OPINION of Skyrim?

Sure it has it faults - some worse than others and I wish it did some of the things some other games that I like do better.

But every game is like that in one way or another and is one of the reasons people play OTHER games rather than only ONE!

I don't think until we advance to the point of the Matrix that a game will come close to satisfying everybody - but from my point of view, Skyrim is the best realised out of the box free roaming do what you want fantasy game to date. The mods that will come out over the next few years will make it even better and be further inspiration for Bethesda to make an even better game next time...

Its the sort of game that makes be glad to have gaming as a hobby. When I play it makes my imagination run wild and reminds me of how far things have come since it all began. Its a great time to be a gamer!
  84. Nov 12, 2011
    i worn u last time... do not this game.

it`ll ruin u all u have and u r in,,,

like family, job, school, and ur gf.

just.. just take blue pill.. before u r late.
  85. Jul 13, 2012
    At first, I was blown away with the enviroments and the detail they've put into everything. You can climb the highest mountain, travel to anywhere you like. While you're doing this you can spot little details everywhere you look, like salmon swimming upriver or plants and flowers you can pick to make potions from. You have absolute freedom in this game. The storytelling or the way you getAt first, I was blown away with the enviroments and the detail they've put into everything. You can climb the highest mountain, travel to anywhere you like. While you're doing this you can spot little details everywhere you look, like salmon swimming upriver or plants and flowers you can pick to make potions from. You have absolute freedom in this game. The storytelling or the way you get from one quest into the next is also well done. You try to do a simple task and suddenly you find yourself in alot of trouble. However the moment you get over the great enviroment in Skyrim you see the tradeskills are way too shallow. You can mine ore with 3 swings which mines a vein the size of a room. You can't fish, which is a shame considering the great mountain enviroments. There aren't enough usable items. At lvl 20 I've only changed gear once. But the most annoying part is the companion who always attacks your targets frontally. Which means it's either always in your way, or it's not and it steals your kill so you don't get XP. And don't forget the poor controls. They went for minimal HUD and controls, which means you have to pause the combat every single time you need a different weapon or spell. Alot of the time this gets you killed as you pause right before the enemy strikes you. You run around with a bag full of bows swords shields and spells and you can't bind them to hotkeys ? How very console is that !
    Then there is the horse, which tries to defend you and dies half the time trying. I lost count how many times I had to reload because of that.
    My conclusion is, they've fixed alot of what was wrong in oblivion but there are still so many things wrong with skyrim. This game has 2 strong points. The enviroment and the close-combat, if the companion isn't in the way that is. The tradeskills are rubbish and should have been done in much more depth.
  86. Nov 11, 2011
    The people giving a 0 are really idiots they don't like the changing of weapons?? Lets give the game a 0!!
    they don't like the moving animation. Lets give it a 0 This game has some flaws and glitchs/bugs but it's REALEASED today. Most if not all will be fixed really calm down and stop giving such stupid reviews like
    Horse's are stupid 0
  87. gas
    Nov 21, 2011
    I have to update me review, my first score after 25 hours of gameplay was a 6/10, as primary the terrible menu/inventory/crafting system and secondary the engine/textures hard porting created me some issues to be very satisfied.
    Now after 70 hours of gameplay i can tell that even with those mentioned issues the game is more then good, also its really massive, i mean, there is really a lot to see and explore.
    Dungeons are getting more interesting and complex, and also the combat system even if not much better then Oblivion its fun, at least playing primary as ranged.
    The game runs also quite stable and ive not seen many bugs so far.
    Sadly it could have been a true masterpiece but the issues mentioned above are quite annoying.
  88. Nov 1, 2014
    First let me start with saying that Skyrim's combat is sh*t. It takes away the feeling that you are developing a character, that you help contribute to your character, that this is Your character. I am talking about investing points into Agility and seeing your character hit more often, those sort of things that create attachment to the game. Skyrim lacks the attachment part because asFirst let me start with saying that Skyrim's combat is sh*t. It takes away the feeling that you are developing a character, that you help contribute to your character, that this is Your character. I am talking about investing points into Agility and seeing your character hit more often, those sort of things that create attachment to the game. Skyrim lacks the attachment part because as long as You have the skills, You can do anything (from picking master locks, to hitting every time with the bow) which leaves you without a reason to care for this world, no attachment...

In Skyrim earlier perks completely say 'FU' to the difficulty and the need of finding better gear by giving you more damage, less mana requirements for spell usage (some perks are good).

Why Morrowind is better: from finding your own way via reading the journal, to more interesting architecture, more diverse and interesting locations, better made dungeons, better weapons, armor and loot, loot with value (for example glass or daedric loot was nearly impossible to sell due to its high value (1 daedric bolt is 4000 gold!)), more diverse and interesting magics, better and deeper stories, harder and more interesting puzzles (lockpicking was level based and if your Security skill was low forget about lvl100 Master locks unless with a magic scroll), harsher consequences for your actions and therefore more choices (you can kill anyone for example plot characters rendering the main plot impossible to complete unless you reloaded a save or found some other way; also NPCs were interesting because you could do more with them - if you were to increase the disposition of an NPC and your Personality was high enough you might find newer quests for example and new dialog. NPCs would offend you if they didnt like you and shopkeepers wont barter with you if you had items they disapproved like Skooma; if you had no stamina and were under attack you would fall to the ground unable to act until some stamina comes back).
  89. Feb 6, 2012
    I didn't play a worse game. This game is totally stupid, overhyped and bad graphics. I've played it only 1 and half an hour, but this game makes me fockin' sick. Just delete this stupid game from the world.
  90. Mar 30, 2013
    Skyrim is clearly overated. The biggest fantasy of all is that Bethesda is a studio that 'knows' and 'loves' RPGs. Oblivion was A LOT MORE FUN. If you disagree go back and try it. Skyrim is a hollow shell of a game with only a single great feature: The WORLD. The rock structures the plants and the weather of Skyrim are all brilliant. The fish in the streams, the butterlies in the air.Skyrim is clearly overated. The biggest fantasy of all is that Bethesda is a studio that 'knows' and 'loves' RPGs. Oblivion was A LOT MORE FUN. If you disagree go back and try it. Skyrim is a hollow shell of a game with only a single great feature: The WORLD. The rock structures the plants and the weather of Skyrim are all brilliant. The fish in the streams, the butterlies in the air. AWESOME work. well done Bethesda. Sadly its ALL DOWNHILL from there. Skyrim boasts '300' unique locations. Well its more like 4 really, all copypasted and tweaked to be 'different' but they dont feel different. You might enjoy your first draugr ruin, but running through nearly identical ruins over and over again looses its luster soon enough. And it becomes incredibly tedius before you have levelled up even your first character. Character development in this game hits NEW LOWS. For a company that is supposed to 'know and love RPGs', how can it be that with each new game levelling your character becomes more tedius and BORING. The character levelling system in this game is TERRIBLE. Choosing between 'red' 'green' or 'blue' when you level is TERRIBLE. And from the studio that 'knows and loves RPGs the magic system is also TERRIBLE. The mellee combat, hit detection, and double-wielding mellee options are all TERRIBLE! Go Bethesda! The studio may be famed as 'knowing and loving RPGs', but is an abiding mystery why they think they can create immortal games without HIRING ANY WRITERS. You got that right. Click on the credits for the game, read it and weep. When you are playing the game you might notice how dull, boring, repetive and tedious it all is. You might notice that every single quest is a pale version of something you saw before in Oblivion or Morrowind. You might awaken to the fact that the 'endless questing' is a lie, no fun at all. Check the credits to blame the writers. THERE ARE NONE. that's right. Bethesda is so hard up for money that the 3D artists who built their 4 dungeons and the 20 physical assets they dump in every single room in the land double-up as scenario writers. And if you think the side quests are bad watch out! The main quest is WORSE. it's probably the most pathetic excuse for a story dumped into a game in the last decade! It's ever worse than Fallout 3 (Which is overall a much better game than this one by the way). Not only that. This game is totally lacking in terms of the kinds of magical or legendary items we usually associate with RPGs. The only vaguely interesting items to find are tied into the Daedric Quests. These quests are an assorted grab bag of sheer nihilism and ammoral garbage which will demand you please the 'whims of the gods, doing such role playing classics as eating human flesh and murdering strangers in order to get the blessings of the god'. Nice work Bethesda! (NOT!) So if you can endure a dreadful character system, boring combat, boring 'adventures, terrible magic, non-existant plots, a game that in all areas is inferior to both Morrowind and Oblivion, I guess Skyrim is Ok. It has its moments, roaming, watching sunsets, catching butterflies, of fishing by hand in the cool clear streams. I truly wonder at user reviews that give this game 10/10 scores. presumably these are all written on the initial wonder, before 40 hours have passed. Before they have accumulated 300,000 gold with nothing you need or CAN buy, or learned how to make every potion under the sun, only to find that they NEVER EVER need to use even one potion, or while they are trying various wield options before realising that most of them suck, and settled on playing sneaky archer, which is the only really viable build (SIGH). When you play this game to maximum level it reveals itself as a soul-less, empty, hollow lonely, terminally BORING, joyless affair. There is not a single likeable NPC in the game. No kind of interesting interaction with any of the puppet-like characters in the game. There is no main plot, no compelling sidequest, nothing memorable at all. Only some sunsets, some bug-catching and then tedium as you waste dozens of hours unlocking dragon shouts that you never even need to use. All this in a crappy port with the worst UI ever put on a PC. Bethesda do NOT know and love RPGs. Bethesda are cheap skates who cut corners, build huge worlds and fill them with copy-pasted tedium and FILLER. The high scores for this game are wishful thinking, tinged with nostalgia, and appreciation for all the good things Bethesda have done over the years. Bethesda needs to know the ways this game is NOT GOOD. They have to understand the way it fails. They can and should do a LOT better than this. Giving this game a 10/10 is a really big mistake because that only encourages more of the same. Wake up people, believe me. You do NOT want more of THIS! Expand
  91. Nov 23, 2011
    As a console game, it might be acceptable. As a PC game (and an RPG with great heritage to boost) it is like a bad joke. I was able to "play" it for about 20 minutes before giving up due to the horrendous GUI system obviously ported from consoles. Hello Bethesda, I have a MOUSE connected to my computer! Can I use it for anything besides looking around? No? That's too bad... because withoutAs a console game, it might be acceptable. As a PC game (and an RPG with great heritage to boost) it is like a bad joke. I was able to "play" it for about 20 minutes before giving up due to the horrendous GUI system obviously ported from consoles. Hello Bethesda, I have a MOUSE connected to my computer! Can I use it for anything besides looking around? No? That's too bad... because without a mouse managing inventory and doing other tasks is a big pain, a big, time-consuming pain.
    The graphics look absolutely disgusting. While graphics in Oblivion seemed a bit outdated, this is completely disgusting. I even heard a developer or who was it, talking about "improved graphics" in a video. I did not know that "improved" meant making everything look like it was made out of plastic. Resolution of textures is terrible, everything is muddy, murky, without life. And the game mechanics at the beginning seemed like Call of Duty without guns. I do not know if the story is good because I simply could not force myself to play it with such terrible controls and disgusting graphics. One thing is to create dated graphics and something different is to create graphics so disgusting that it deters from playing the game itself.
    If you do not mind the graphics and console controls, you can give it a try but I would not expect much from it anyway.
  92. Nov 16, 2011
    0/10 for PC ... here is why... As soon as I tried to use my Keyboard/Mouse on PC! i discovered its unusable.
    menu really got me frustrated. I stopped right there and uninstalled it.

I figure if I can't even get around without being frustrated, i probably won't enjoy it!
  93. Nov 11, 2011
    Almost perfect free world (for this generation) even "consoliced"(certainly so much near perfection if not), but JUST THING IN THE MODS!!! You buy it, and you play the most complete game ever, finding new things to do or areas to explore even in the hundredth hour, or your tenth character.
  94. Nov 11, 2011
    Cant believe some idiots here are rating this a 0...that's just so pathetic and shows their mentality...sure this game has a few pc issues (dont most console ports today!) but this game is just amazing...most textures i see are really well done and teh whole atmosphere of this game is awesome..with beautiful scenery, buildings, caves and cavers etc etc etc..its all jaw droppingCant believe some idiots here are rating this a 0...that's just so pathetic and shows their mentality...sure this game has a few pc issues (dont most console ports today!) but this game is just amazing...most textures i see are really well done and teh whole atmosphere of this game is awesome..with beautiful scenery, buildings, caves and cavers etc etc etc..its all jaw dropping stuff!....yes some super HD textures would of been nice and maybe dx10-11 support but i doubt that would have added much to this already top RPG...i give it 9 out of 10 but am clicking on the 10 to try and offset the dickheads who gave it 0...the muppets are like spoilt children crying over minor issues like spoilt brats they are! Expand
  95. Nov 12, 2011
    Now this a great, great game. Do not listen to the negative words until you have played for at least 10 hours and not just visit the first hold. there are nine holds and most naysayers have been in only one
  96. Nov 11, 2011
    In good ...

This game has a very serious problem ... It is impossible to stop playing! I'm at level 22 and level 100 in conjuration and the more it evolves into something, the more you see that still has much in progress! It is a work of art, where the vaunted Nordic is from the soundtrack to the buildings and clothing. Who loves the Norse mythology, will delight every new place
    In good ...

This game has a very serious problem ...
    It is impossible to stop playing!

Who loves the Norse mythology, will delight every new place visited.

For Odin ... I'm speechless ...
  97. Nov 11, 2011
    Soundtrack is brilliant. Visuals are outstanding. Engine Performance is beastly. Gameplay is quite fun. This is pretty much the best of the best of the entire Elder Scrolls series. Bethesda and their developers have learned so much from their previous BRILLIANT games. Unlike Battlefield 3's direction, it keeps the AMAZINGLY LARGE COMPLETELY OPEN terrain and an entire world to explore. It'sSoundtrack is brilliant. Visuals are outstanding. Engine Performance is beastly. Gameplay is quite fun. This is pretty much the best of the best of the entire Elder Scrolls series. Bethesda and their developers have learned so much from their previous BRILLIANT games. Unlike Battlefield 3's direction, it keeps the AMAZINGLY LARGE COMPLETELY OPEN terrain and an entire world to explore. It's land is like World of Warcraft with less world loading. It. Is. Amazing. Again, it keeps with the gameplay elements of previous games, HUNDREDS of quests, and how you can choose to do almost whatever you want. Want to kill everyone in the town you live in? Check. Buy a house and live in it? Check. Go and loot every dungeon in the game? Check. Amazing. Go get it. Expand
  98. Dec 2, 2011
    Copying the Oblivion mods is that all Skyrim is about. They cherry picked and stolen some great ideas of modders and implemented it into the game. Skyrim is more like an expansion pack to Oblivion. It is nothing but a heavily modded Oblivion, just like Fallout 3. The game engine is not different, Todd Howard is a liar. It's still based on Gamebryo Tech. Bethesda's policy is same asCopying the Oblivion mods is that all Skyrim is about. They cherry picked and stolen some great ideas of modders and implemented it into the game. Skyrim is more like an expansion pack to Oblivion. It is nothing but a heavily modded Oblivion, just like Fallout 3. The game engine is not different, Todd Howard is a liar. It's still based on Gamebryo Tech. Bethesda's policy is same as Infinity Ward's: "Why break it if it's working?" And like in every gamebryo based Bethesda game, texture quality makes me puke because it was designed for consoles in mind, consoles with tiny video memories... Skyrim lead animator Josh Jones is a worse liar than Todd, the animation system is not revamped or whatsoever. Animations still do suck. Go play some GTA IV, watch the guy strafing right&left while running and then you'll learn what animation is really all about. Not properly working controls give me a headache, mouse acceleration is an atrocity. User interface is designed for consoles in mind. Hard to use with keyboard+mouse combination, mouse does not work in 90% of menus. Game crashes to dektop every now and then, crapload of bugs making my quests break, flying items&creatures all around is a mess, dragons escaping ass backwards and don't give their souls sometimes. Yeah there are mods to solve most of these problems but modders are not Bethesda, i'm rating Bethesda here, not the modders. Don't know the console version but for PC, i give this game a solid "0" because this is all it deserves for backstabbing PC community again and again. Expand
  99. Nov 11, 2011
    Gotta love the complete opposite theories on this game. It's either a 10 or a 0. So far through I'm on the 10 side as I am a fan of these completely open world games. There are many things that have stayed the same through oblivion yes but so much of it has been refined into a better game all around. Duel wielding and magic are currently my favorites of such improvements to the combatGotta love the complete opposite theories on this game. It's either a 10 or a 0. So far through I'm on the 10 side as I am a fan of these completely open world games. There are many things that have stayed the same through oblivion yes but so much of it has been refined into a better game all around. Duel wielding and magic are currently my favorites of such improvements to the combat system. Quests are abundant and feel fairly natural when accepting them. You'll always have something to do in Skyrim whether you are picking ingredients for potions or on your way to kill a dragon. All I can say is it's a very immersive, enjoyable game for me.

The bad: I bought this on PC, the menu system was definitely made for a console. Good thing I have a usb controller I guess. Glitches are there and can mess up your feeling of being in this world but for me are tolerable. Graphics are beautiful and I'm not sure why everyone is saying it looks no better then oblivion. I've been playing battlefield 3 before this came out and I will say that I was much more impressed with the visual effects, such as smoke and fire lens glare etc, in that game but all around a good looking game for it's size.
  100. Nov 11, 2011
    Do not believe warez users!! UI is perfect. You can easily use any menu or item with keys or MOUSE!
    Graphic is beautiful. It may need some in tweak to max out, but the landscape and dungeons are very-very immersive. Animations sometimes a little awkward, but I do not care about it.

1. Feb 29, 2012
  2. Feb 14, 2012
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012