8.4

1. Nov 14, 2011
    I am not an RPG player at all - but this game converted me. It is amazing just how huge the world is. I have been exploring now for 40+ hours and have not even touched the main story line. I just want to keep on poking around through dungeons and forests. The alchemy system is fantastic. All the issues I had with the game - the UI- were fixed the first day. I made a gamble and bought thisI am not an RPG player at all - but this game converted me. It is amazing just how huge the world is. I have been exploring now for 40+ hours and have not even touched the main story line. I just want to keep on poking around through dungeons and forests. The alchemy system is fantastic. All the issues I had with the game - the UI- were fixed the first day. I made a gamble and bought this over MW3 and I have never been more happy about a purchasing decision. Skyrim proves you can have a very long lived series that constantly ups the bar and exceeds expectations each time a new game gets made. Imagine if COD got 1/100th the effort Bethesda put into Skyrim.... You need this game in your life. It is amazing. Expand
  2. Nov 14, 2011
    Ok....I've never written a review for a game but I was trolling around over Skyrim and felt compelled to throw in my 2 lousy cents after playing it about 20 hours. First off, a review of 0 is simply inaccurate. When I was in high school I turned in a paper on a book I read and the teacher didn't appreciate my position (I said Lenny from "Of Mice and Men" was an alien and tried to validateOk....I've never written a review for a game but I was trolling around over Skyrim and felt compelled to throw in my 2 lousy cents after playing it about 20 hours. First off, a review of 0 is simply inaccurate. When I was in high school I turned in a paper on a book I read and the teacher didn't appreciate my position (I said Lenny from "Of Mice and Men" was an alien and tried to validate it) I got a 0. I wrote a 3 page paper. I should of at least gotten a 1. A 0 implies NOTHING. It's like rating a game that never existed, like you opened the box and it was empty. I mean even a disc and a manual should warrant a 1. 0 means nothing mathematically so any game with any content deserves at least a 1. On to the game. The game is actually pretty damn fun, it has bugs but it's fricking huge so I imagine that things like that happen. It does have a few frustrating bugs at that. Every issue I've found so far though was easily mitigated with a few tweaks so I don't really care too much, but it's where I took a point away. Bethseda should do better on QC.

I like the game, I like how there is sort of a quasi-historical feel to the Elder Scrolls games and I like how much of the world can be taken and made into something to use. The graphics weren't cutting edge but I don't think it's fair to say it looked anything like Oblivion, heavily modded or not. I'm glad I spent my money on Skyrim, it is fun and has a great playability for your buck.
  3. Nov 15, 2011
    Its the next elder scrolls game. so what do you expect? does it feel like the others? gamplay wise yes, not a bad thing. Lore and setting no, its all feels fresh and new. and being set 200 years after TES 4 there are alot of nice lore tid bits for fans who got in to the story. The land of skyrim its self is massive, its what you expect from bethesda. the faction quests and man story arcsIts the next elder scrolls game. so what do you expect? does it feel like the others? gamplay wise yes, not a bad thing. Lore and setting no, its all feels fresh and new. and being set 200 years after TES 4 there are alot of nice lore tid bits for fans who got in to the story. The land of skyrim its self is massive, its what you expect from bethesda. the faction quests and man story arcs are tight and much more story driven that in previous Elder Scrolls games and the world is littered with dungons that promote exploration while on other tasks. if anything the content is overwhelming. the Npc's are simple but feel some what genuine. you realy feel these people are strong and vikeing like but not uniform in there personalities. The PC interface is clunky to say the least. while the "Q" quick change menu would work for a few things. there are to many things (even worse if you play a mage type) such as shouts, wepons, potions, etc. you want to use. And while you can key bind things for most of the game when gear or item rewards are failrly constent and ungrades frequent its more trouble than its worth. a breif text pop up out of sight at the top left of your screen is the only warning you get if your character is in realy harm from spells or effects. otherwise you need to constent cheek your "active effects" tab... in your magic tab... in your overall menu tab... by pressing tab. on the bright side inventory is still 'i'?

then you have the famous bethesda launch bugs. Alot of people are dealing with memory leak issues that is causeing crash to desktop issues and vanishing textures. Bodies with floating eyes and teeth now haunt my dreams. and to play through a major event with one of the characters as a purple skinless mesh was a little sad.

So why a 9? well.. 8.5 isn't posable. and if the launch bugs were fixed this game would be a solid 9 - 9.5 yes it has issues, but nothing that stops the game elements of this game from being the most fun and rewarding elder scrolls to date. and hopefully once a few of these issues are fixed it could deserve the 9.5 I would want to give it.
  4. Nov 15, 2011
    Having racked up hundreds of hours of gameplay in both Morrowind and Oblivion I was looking forward to the release of a new Elder Scrolls game. However, as the release date got closer and they still weren't really talking about the PC version of the game, I started to get a little nervous. When the game turned up, I found that the result was mostly good...

The game itself, is fantastic.

The game itself, is fantastic. The world is huge and amazingly detailed. And, while you still get a fair amount of repeated dialogue from passing NPCs, it's not nearly as bad as Oblivion. The locations are quite varied and the levels of the enemies are far more balanced... you'll still run into the odd low level bandit in the higher levels while giants will continue to squish you for looking at them funny from level 1 till quite a way into the game (they're tougher than dragons!).

This is probably the first Elder Scrolls game, since Daggerfall, that I've actually WANTED to do more of the main quest! I've played Oblivion for over 200 hours and still haven't got round to doing the main quest. In fact the choices of quests can sometimes be a little overwhelming. This is certainly a game that intends to give you value for money.

Sadly, the PC version doesn't really take advantage of the platform. It's still a DirectX 9 game, so no advanced graphics features and it's still restricted to using 2Gb of RAM (although this can be 'fixed' with a mod). The UI is less that perfect, requiring a lot of necessary scrolling and clicking to find out some of the most basic information (although I rather liked the new skill page... I know a lot of people don't). It doesn't help that mouse location and clicks within the menu tend to be a little hit and miss as well. Is it something that will stop be recommending the game? No, definitely not, but it needs mentioning. Also.... press to exit out of containers (or click on the very left of the screen)... a somewhat annoying 'feature' that seems to have caught a few people out. No idea why they didn't allow to be used as well.

Already the mod scene is hard at work creating even better textures and improvements to Skyrim. Hopefully, once Bethesda release a couple of patches (and maybe a DirectX 11 update to really take advantage of the PC) it'll be worth 10 out of 10. Either way... buy it!
  5. Nov 15, 2011
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is another great addition to the serie. It is everything a fan would expect. The story is incredible, the lenght of the game is awesome, you have plenty side-missions and you are left with a lot of different ways to play the game. The 2 main problems why this game doesn't deserve a 10 are the fact that the graphics are way out-dated, they look just likeThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is another great addition to the serie. It is everything a fan would expect. The story is incredible, the lenght of the game is awesome, you have plenty side-missions and you are left with a lot of different ways to play the game. The 2 main problems why this game doesn't deserve a 10 are the fact that the graphics are way out-dated, they look just like Oblivion. It sucks that games nowadays are stuck having to develop with 5yo consoles. I think they should've done what bf3 did which is make the game on PC with ultra graphs possibilities and release an xbox/ps3 version which can run only at medium graphs. The second thing is the skill tree really isnt computer friendly, we can clearly see that it was made for console and it sucks. Of course there's also a few minor bugs, but nothing that will ruin your gaming experience. Overall this is a must buy for any rpg fans and even for people who never played any Elder Scrolls! Expand
  6. Nov 15, 2011
    Graphics: While some of the up close textures may be a tad blurry, and you might get some pop in; this game looks absolutely wonderful with a decent PC rig with all the settings on ultra. For a game with environments this vast you are going to see some hiccups, but overall the level of detail is remarkable.

Sound: With some old ES favorites mixed into an original score, the music in

Sound: With some old ES favorites mixed into an original score, the music in this game is top notch and comes to a crescendo during high action parts, yet drops off to a soothing melody as you walk around towns. The ambient sounds are also top notch and brings another level to this world when played through a surround sound system. Gameplay: In previous ES games I always found that the combat was rather lacking and got very stale after a while, especially melee characters. While Skyrim doesn't exactly implement a brand new combat system, they have however, refined their combat system into a much more enjoyable experience. It seems Bethesda has taken a page out of the Bioshock book, because in Skyrim your character now can dual wield weapons, magic, or in the case of my character one of each. Many magic spells can be combined to create a much more powerful version of which ever spell you are dual-wielding. Melee still feels a bit flat when compared to the dual casting magic system, but with the inclusion of gruesome finishing moves and the ability to wield two one-handed weapons, as well as a more effective sword and board style, melee combat feels much better than in previous iterations of the ES series.

Leveling up in Skyrim has also been streamlined, (i know i know many construe streamlined as being "dumbed down", and I assure you it's not) which in my opinion was a very welcome addition. It still follows the "level up by doing" formula of previous games in the ES series. but instead of trying to divide 10 points into 50+ skills, you now choose to put points into Magic, Health, or Stamina every time you gain a level. In addition to choosing a base stat to boost, you also get a perk point every level, which you can than put into a specialty area, such as destruction/restoration/illusion if you use magic or one-hand/two-hand/shield for people who like to hit things. Menus/UI: While these are serviceable for PC users who use a mouse and keyboard, it is very evident that these were designed with controllers in mind. I also don't like that the ability to bind different keys is restricted. While I can still remap certain keys I can't assign my number keys to various potions, abilities, magic, etc. which is a bit of a let down. That being said, the menus themselves have a very slick look to them, especially the skills menu where you spend your points once you level.

Playability/Re-playability: This area is where Skyrim really shines. The amount of quests in this game is absolutely staggering, and many are in places that you might not think to look. For example I was reading random books in a random dungeon, and one of the books gave me a quest to find an ancient sword. I'm not sure if that one book is the only way you can get the quest, but it goes to show that you should leave no stone unturned when it comes to exploring. Skyrim also continues the ES tradition that ensures that no player will experience Skyrim the exact same way as another. Now the main quests are the same, but the game leaves it up to you in how and in which order you want to tackle each one. Another interesting aspect of the Skyrim quest system is that it will continue to spawn random kill/search/rescue/deliver quests that will in theory keep you going forever.

Bugs/Glitches: For any of you familiar with the ES or (new)Fallout series you know that these games can be full of bugs from something as simple as textures not loading to something as game-breaking as a corrupted save file. Skyrim seems for the most part to be game-breaking bug free, but still has a few annoyances such as NPCs caught in a loop, or wooly mammoths being launched hundreds of feet in the air. Luckily the auto save feature in Skyrim activates each time you enter or exit a new area, so if you are unfortunate enough to experience a major bug that requires a reset, hopefully it won't set you back to far. Another issue worth mentioning is that Skyrim can crash randomly, and while I haven't experienced it first hand, my roommate has had a few.

Overall: Skyrim is the pinnacle of the ES series, it remedies many issues of the past games, and presents you with an open world experience unparallelled in the RPG realm. The quests are fun and engaging, the world feels alive as npc's walk around and do their day to day chores, the combat has been tightened up and feels much better, especially as a melee character. If you have never played an ES game before and are looking for an open world rpg than this game is for you, and if you are familiar with and enjoyed previous games in the ES series Skyrim will blow you away.
  7. Nov 15, 2011
    So far I've played Skyrim for 38 hours. So far I've been completely seduced by game. The quests are great and Skyrim is a marvelous addition to the series. In my opinion Skyrim is worth every penny, if you like the series, Skyrim is definitely a must.
    Even though the game is quite buggy, but which game doesn't have bugs? And I bet Bethesda would do anything to solve them and maybe even further improve it.
    They did a really good job working the engine to give Skyrim a great look, but they also managed to get it running on low spec computers. I run Skyrim on High graphics with an Macbook Pro (I use it for study but who can blame me for having the need to play Skyrim) from last year with Bootcamp with high fps rate. For me the graphics are the only thing which could have been better, but since I give a damn about graphics it doesn't matter at all.
    To all the reviewer giving Skyrim a bad review have proberbly neither played the game for longer then 10 hours or if they had they only **** about the graphics and the bugs. Of course they can't put all their resources on graphics if they unless they want their storyline to be as boring as any other FPS' like BF3 and MW3, which used all their resources on the graphic and left a single player campaign even worse ever. Not only did they get a great storyline but also made Skyrim into a nice piece of art. Not only do they give you the feeling that you are a Viking running around raping people and bashing skulls. But the environment will put you in awe. Never before has Tamriel looked so great as in Skyrim.
  8. Nov 15, 2011
    Yes, there are some serious issues with this game on PC. Quite obviously, the new take on controls was created with primarily (console) gamepads in mind, not the classic PC keyboard & mouse combo. In the first 40 hours of gameplay, the game crashed three times and glitched out on me two times - but, compared to, say, Fallout 3, that means there was obviously some sweat and tears andYes, there are some serious issues with this game on PC. Quite obviously, the new take on controls was created with primarily (console) gamepads in mind, not the classic PC keyboard & mouse combo. In the first 40 hours of gameplay, the game crashed three times and glitched out on me two times - but, compared to, say, Fallout 3, that means there was obviously some sweat and tears and brainmatter involved in updating the engine and bring it to modern times, I'd say they've done a great job. Seeing as graphics cards meanwhile feature five to ten times as much video memory on average and systems (not just dedicated gaming rigs) are generally much more capable than 2006, when the predecessor Oblivion was released, I have to say I am amazed at how well this game scales to different sets of hardware. Sure, the console roots show, and some bits of the controls just feel clunky, unwieldy and not too clever, but since this is the first real RPG offering in quite a while (Dragon Age 2 wasn't really a keeper, or even a proper RPG, mind you), I was eagerly looking forward to get my hands on this one. I personally think that the PC version looks and feels best, and the levelling system, which at first seemed to be pretty confusing, random and annoying started looking rather beautiful and well thought out at around level 30. While I intended to visit the world of Skyrim as a rogue, my player character has turned out to be a sneaking, lock-picking, dual-wielding master of destruction and conjuration, and while I never liked the ocd-grade professions in World of Warcraft, being able to create and improve equipment actually feels good in Skyrim. I still hope there will be a comeback, a modern incarnation of the "classic" fantasy role-playing game, but Skyrim is a neat and wonderful trip. At times, the limitations of the engine do show, but compared to the many, many hours of exploring, sneaking, battling, setting things and creatures on fire and trapping their souls for later use, I would say Skyrim is a remarkable title and a job well done. Yes, after having watched some amazingly perplexing online video footage of people playing the game, I can imagine that Skyrim is, to a significant extent a very individual if not downright unique journey, but for the veteran role-playing gamer who does not like World of Warcraft and despises Dragon Age 2 and given time and understanding spouses, this should be considered a must-buy, must-have, must-play. Expand
  9. Nov 15, 2011
    Excellent game only problem I have is the interface I absolutely do not like have to open up interface just to cast my restoration spell or some other spell then to have to bring out my swords again.
  10. Nov 15, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant! Breath-taking visuals, a class system with unparalleled customization, engaging and genuinely fun combat, ridiculous amounts of replay value, crafting that's actually useful, beautiful music and sound effects, interesting side quests, smooth/greatly improved animations and a rich, vibrant world that comes alive with the amount of lore involved! :)

I bought the PC

I bought the PC version, which isn't perfect, the menu system was clearly developed for the console and suffers because of it. Using your mouse to click on icons can cause you to be booted out of the menu, it's a little temperamental and clunky.

Unfortunately, as with the previous Elder Scrolls, there's little to no character development, it feels very lonely, your companions follow you silently, rarely commenting on anything you do, on-top of being incredibly two dimensional with no back story. Some of the voice acting is reused too often and there are many bugs and glitches.

Overall, a fantastic game that delivered on the majority of my expectations, but falls just barely short of being an all round master piece. I give it an 8.5/10.
  11. Nov 15, 2011
    Im just going to start off by saying that this one of the best games, if not THE best game i have ever played. I have no idea where you guys are getting that its graphics are terrible- you must be playing on the lowest settings or something, because they are *stunning*. They look NOTHING like oblivion. And the animations are much less stiff. And besides, if youre honestly rating a gameIm just going to start off by saying that this one of the best games, if not THE best game i have ever played. I have no idea where you guys are getting that its graphics are terrible- you must be playing on the lowest settings or something, because they are *stunning*. They look NOTHING like oblivion. And the animations are much less stiff. And besides, if youre honestly rating a game down because of graphics, there is something wrong with you. There is a ridiculous amount of stuff to do, with each guild having an interesting questline, plus the many other side quests to do. Not to mention just running around exploring any cave you can find! The dwarf ruins are truely amazing-a MASSIVE improvement over the boring, grey ayleid ruins in Oblivion. The dragon fights, while easy later on are still really fun. Also to the people complaining about weapons and armor being invincible- it was a stupid concept anyway. Yes, it is more realistic, but does having to bring up a menu and whack your armor 50 times with a hammer really bring you that much satisfaction? Im glad its gone. Also, if you are experiencing alot of bugs, you must be very unlucky, I have not had any, besides, with a game as big as this it is understandable, and they will be fixed. For now, just save often. As for the UI, it is clearly not designed for PC, but i dont see the big deal.. you can still use your mouse. And IMO, the favorites system works great. While the controls are a bit clunky, you can change them easily, for example i changed my dragon shout so Mouse 3 for easy access. The perks system is WAY better than the levelling system in Oblivion, the environments are better, the cities feel more lifelike, crafting and being able to improve armor is really great, sneaking is improved, archery is improved, spells are improved, sprinting is an awesome addition, (Where are people getting that theres no new content??) and the combat feels alot less clunky at least for me. Also, to the person complaining about buildings just "Appearing" that happens.. if it really happens often enough for you to rate the game lower, you must need a better computer, lol. If it is too easy, TURN UP THE DIFFUCULTY.. duh.. And if anyone is complaining about unimaginitive places, just go to the Blackreach. Amazing. The only real complaint I have is that the main questline was somewhat dissapointing. It did bring you to some awesome places, but, i don't know it just didnt feel very satisfying, and the final boss was very easy. But who plays it for the main quest anyway? OH one more nitpick, why get rid of Longswords? Expand
  12. Nov 15, 2011
    This is an absolutely fantastic game. I have sunk 20 hours into it and barely scratched the main story line. There is so much to do. Bethesda have really improved the graphics and gameplay over oblivion. The character models and facial expressions are a huge improvement as are the voice acting and dialogue. The only thing so far I don't like about the game is the fact they got rid ofThis is an absolutely fantastic game. I have sunk 20 hours into it and barely scratched the main story line. There is so much to do. Bethesda have really improved the graphics and gameplay over oblivion. The character models and facial expressions are a huge improvement as are the voice acting and dialogue. The only thing so far I don't like about the game is the fact they got rid of durability and repairing on items. however this is really nit picking. Absolutely fantastic game, one you dont want to miss! Expand
  13. Nov 16, 2011
    Waited so long for this game, im happy to finaly have it. It looks too much like they made it out of fallout 3 but stil im glad to have it. Havent play much but im hoping for many hours of joy :)
  14. Nov 16, 2011
    There should have been an option to give 9.8.
    That's what the game deserves. It Ain't perfect, so a 10 is out a place, but 9 is to low. Know what I mean? No?
    Ok, I'm a sucker for non-linearity. This game IS non-linear. In all it's extend. I have 2 char's. One (18hours of play) that inbetween does a bit main-quest. And another character that just gives a sh*t about any main-quest, just
    There should have been an option to give 9.8.

And another character that just gives a sh*t about any main-quest, just fooling around.

That is the beauty of this game, I caught myself, yesterday, in playing for several hours not doing one single quest! I just ran around exploring, and had a hell of a time!

Now that says something.

To all those whiners that trolls any board around, get a grip will ya?
    This game is NOT bad, there is no way anyone can call it bad. Why? because it is freakin' good, and if you don't agree, well this wasn't a game for you.
    That's bad (especially for you, if you paid for this) but the game is not bad. No way.

giving zero?
    You know what criteria lies down to give a zero? The game won't start. it doesn't exists. It fails to be released.
    If it has been released and starts, even just for a bit, it's worth more than 0.

Just my two cents
    M:)
  15. Nov 16, 2011
    Oh. My. god.

Where do I start? Never played any other Bethesda game apart from Oblivion, which I loved. I really only play WoW these days, occasionally. I took 8 days off work to play this, and I'm so glad I did. I'm on PC, so there are issues - I don't like the consolisation, and with it's frustrating keybinding bugs, that took ages to get my head around, but it's fine now. Apart
    Oh. My. god.

I took 8 days off work to play this, and I'm so glad I did.

I'm on PC, so there are issues - I don't like the consolisation, and with it's frustrating keybinding bugs, that took ages to get my head around, but it's fine now. Apart from that, it's never bugged out on me. Also, trying to manage three different characters is practically impossible - I deal with it by having three backup save folders, and I believe there is already a mod to help this.

Those are the only downsides, everything, EVERYTHING else, is STUNNING.

The music is incredible, the sound effects are dramatic, peaceful, war-like, creepy, depending on the context, and absolutely PERFECT.

Graphics, are ASTONISHING.

As for playability, I woke at 9am to play it yesterday, didn't get breakfast until 5:35PM, I was so engrossed.

Loving the stories, the quests, the perks, the skills, the dungeons, the baddies, the NPC's, there's literally nothing that doesn't make me smile hugely. And if you check YOUTUBE anytime, you can see any number of fantastic videos, all AI, videos that would be scripted cut-scenes on other games.

As for the dragons, I damn near crapped myself. :)

Skyrim is a MASTERPIECE.
  16. Nov 16, 2011
    In my opinion, this is the best game of the year. The game is massive, biggest Iv'e seen yet! Most reviews already cover the great bits, so I'll just mention the parts I don't like.(I am aware I have given it 10/10. But the problems I found were not huge). First problem is the shadows. They are pretty poor even on everything up on max. This can be fixed though by editing the shadowIn my opinion, this is the best game of the year. The game is massive, biggest Iv'e seen yet! Most reviews already cover the great bits, so I'll just mention the parts I don't like.(I am aware I have given it 10/10. But the problems I found were not huge). First problem is the shadows. They are pretty poor even on everything up on max. This can be fixed though by editing the shadow resolution in the skyrimpref file. Next was some of the animations. For example, I noticed that when some of the NPCs are eating, their mouth doesn't move at all which makes it look kinda silly. Last thing that I noticed was......skeletons bleed? Hmmm, I guess this doesn't bug me. I just noticed it and it made me a tad confused. Expand
  17. Nov 16, 2011
    Skyrim is an amazing piece of entertainment. It has made all of the necesarry progressions throughout the Elder Scrolls series. A pure masterpiece. Anyone that says otherwise is just complaining that the game is differenet than it used to be. This is however necesary to offer new experiences
  18. Nov 16, 2011
    When Fallout 3 came out it was called by some 'the biggest mod for Oblivion'. It turns out the fifth Elder Scrolls release may as well be called 'the biggest mod for Fallout'. Bethesda have mixed what had proved so tremendously gripping in TES4 with some novelty concepts from their experiences with the Fallout franchise into... well, in my humble opinion NOT the game of the year. It cannotWhen Fallout 3 came out it was called by some 'the biggest mod for Oblivion'. It turns out the fifth Elder Scrolls release may as well be called 'the biggest mod for Fallout'. Bethesda have mixed what had proved so tremendously gripping in TES4 with some novelty concepts from their experiences with the Fallout franchise into... well, in my humble opinion NOT the game of the year. It cannot be denied that the freedom of choice and the sandbox-like, fully interactive environment are the best features the game has to offer.. The place for a third digit in the 'hours spent' count is there for a reason. The non-scripted dragon fights are also light years ahead of, for example, Bioware's DA series. The way one can interact with the humongous world is a treat in itself, what with all the crafting, alchemy, cooking, prospecting or even woodcutting. What I do not like about Skyrim, however, is that it's in no way as revolutionary as Oblivion was back in 2006. The solutions offered by the supposedly new Creation engine are one disappointing feature. Even with the settings maxed out (all the way, far beyond 'Ultra'), I keep asking myself why I bought a new rig earlier this year. If individual screenshots might capture some true eye-candies, the overall experience is that of... running around Capital Wasteland during wintertime. Working on the quality of TPP animations does not exactly mean improving the feel of combat, which apart from dual-wielding/casting does not appear in any way different than in Oblivion. It feels static, rolls or dodges are virtually not-existent. One change long awaited by the fans was going to involve the NPC faces. Those have improved since TESIV, however, regretful I am to say this, a DA2 character would run away in horror on seeing just any face from Skyrim (not to mention Triss Merigold who would probably kick the bucket on the spot). Before the release, Bethesda reps would also boast about how the voice acting had changed since Oblivion. This is only partially true. The lines used by merchants, trainers, or other characters you have to interact with at least every couple of hours, are surprisingly few, which makes the interaction repetitive and automatic. Since Skyrim is meant to be played for 100+ hours, it does not seem justified to place so much emphasis on the quality of spoken interactions in the main story line, while at the same time leaving the rest of the dialogues so much less appealing. Music is the feature which rarely can be find disappointing about Bethesda games and nothing seems to have changed in this aspect. All in all, the Skyrim development team seem to have decided on a safe approach. Almost nothing feels dumbed down, there are very few activities and quests in the whole game that do not feel entertaining. Still, the five-year gap between the two most recent ES games was apparently too short for Bethesda to make a leap into a new quality of gaming. Expand
  19. Nov 16, 2011
    Hurray! The next Elder's Scrolls is here. Too bad is a shameless port, using a dated graphic engine, sold to gullible PC users as the holy-grail of single-player RPGs. * Game is better than Oblivion but has plenty of CTDs (crashes to desktop) quest bugs, audio-bugs, and numerous graphic-glitches. * This 2012 title is DX9 only, renders horrible shadows (not GPU-accelerated), has noHurray! The next Elder's Scrolls is here. Too bad is a shameless port, using a dated graphic engine, sold to gullible PC users as the holy-grail of single-player RPGs. * Game is better than Oblivion but has plenty of CTDs (crashes to desktop) quest bugs, audio-bugs, and numerous graphic-glitches. * This 2012 title is DX9 only, renders horrible shadows (not GPU-accelerated), has no Occlusion Mapping, and LOW-Textures up-close. (The Withcer 2 is ages ahead !!!) * The UI (interface) is simplified in detriment to functionality and what should take 2 clicks takes 11.
    * Gameplay-wise is nice to have so much to do (smithing, mining etc). It was expected that all MetaCritic indexed sites to give it 100%, 5/5, all the praise. Most of them never even played the PC version, basing the review on XBox360 review copies. Go see the offcial forums in the PC section to read up on all the "praise" - There isn't one HAPPY review - NOT ONE !!!. It is sad to see how the big-boys get a free pass on a 50 EUR (yes, here in Europe is ~70 $ USD) for a PC (Steam-only) game that is far from perfect. It's still a great RPG just not so far from Fallout 3, and for a me a let-down. Please DON'T BUY this NOW, wait for it to get a GOTY edition, some patches and then maybe 30 EUR would be fair.
  20. Nov 16, 2011
    This game looks amazing. It's worth the money and I feel it has that replayability to it. There are lots of things to do in Skyrim. You can smith your own armor, enchant your weapons, train in magic AND use swords, axes, hammers, bows and more. I'm going to play this game til 2099.
  21. Nov 16, 2011
    I can't in good conscience rate Skyrim a perfect 10. I really believe 10's should be reserved for flawless, new-generation, absolutely unique games. The kind that set trends rather than follow them. While Skyrim is absolutely amazing, another gem from Bethesda for sure, it is not flawless, it is still using last-gen technology (most notably dx9), and although it's certainly a vast andI can't in good conscience rate Skyrim a perfect 10. I really believe 10's should be reserved for flawless, new-generation, absolutely unique games. The kind that set trends rather than follow them. While Skyrim is absolutely amazing, another gem from Bethesda for sure, it is not flawless, it is still using last-gen technology (most notably dx9), and although it's certainly a vast and unique Elder Scrolls world to explore, it really only incrementally ups the ante from Oblivion, not quite the Holy-Mother-of-God! reactions we're seeing from a lot of the mainstream press. You'll notice this within minutes of playing. On the flip-side, giving this game a 0 is ludicrous and makes absolutely no sense. Zeros should be reserved for bottom-of-the-barrel trash games thrown together in a few months, with a nice mix of horrendous graphics, game-breaking bugs, unplayable controls and unusable UI. If any of these things are so messed up for you that you honestly rated Skyrim a 0, then I might encourage you to update your computer, because on a top-of-the-line system, this game runs great, even with slightly goofy mouse-keyboard translations from the console port. The scope of the world alone would grant a game like this a 5 or 6 at the very least. Add in endless quests, overall great graphics, dialogue for every line in the game, a stellar soundtrack, a well-thought-out progression scheme, and improvements in almost every area over the correctly, universally-rated 9+ Oblivion, and anyone with any experience in gaming whatsoever would -have- to give Skyrim at least an 8. On the other hand, if you didn't care for the previous games in the series, you won't like this one, because it's more of the same, but better. Way more, and largely better. And for most of us, this is a very good thing.

PROS
    This is an RPG addict's dream, as were the previous Elder Scrolls games. Most of us will get lost in this world for many months before the luster fades. And by then, creative modders will have designed new ways for us to enjoy the game and extend the lifespan probably up to the release of the next ES entry. I was still playing Oblivion off and on right up until Skyrim's release, and still felt I hadn't explored the entire game world, and that is one of the key highlights of any Elder Scrolls game. After about 30-40 hours of gameplay already (did I mention that this game is addicting?) I have probably only uncovered about 15-20% of the overall map. Unlike in Oblivion, where things became fairly repetitious fairly early on, Skyrim seems much more able to keep things fresh. This many hours in, and I'm still being surprised by things left and right. This world is big, there are quests at every turn, and it is without question the most "alive" feeling ES game to date, with characters going beyond just wandering around and really adding flavor to the overall world. There are a lot more moving parts here, too. From waterfalls and rivers that actually spray "foam", to birds and butterflies that cast real shadows causing you to look up at them (I'll get to dragons later, that is an awesome way to discover that you've got one above you), to spells that cause environmental effects like burning or freezing, to in-menu, fully-realized 3D items that are awesome just to look at - Skyrim feels very organic and "alive", especially when compared to its predecessors. Yes, there are better looking games out there, heck, there are better looking role-playing games (The Witcher 2 comes to mind). But there are NO games out there of this scope and size that look this good. It is an incredible accomplishment, and if you can crank your settings up to ultra, it's pretty delicious. Without a doubt there a lot of "ooh" and "ahh" moments. Combat, while not perfect, is adequate. The menus are vastly improved over Oblivion. Character models and shading are also vastly improved. Textures in most areas are improved, too, but occasionally they can be ugly. If you're running through the game having a good time, they're hardly worth a comment, though. Still, there are some problems.

CONS
    As so many people have said already, PC menu controls are ticklish. It's easy to click the wrong thing, especially in the skills menus, but Beth says they are working on a fix, and it's really not an immersion-breaker. Between the new Favorites button (brilliant) and the ability to assign numerical hotkeys, I find control in almost every area about 80% fluid, and a huge improvement over Oblivion.

I miss a few things. I miss acrobatics (which seemingly would have fit into a mountainous region very well). I miss spell crafting. I miss being able to place items absolutely anywhere I want, with precision. But mods will fix this stuff.

Bottom line, this is the very best of the current gen as far as RPGs go. It's not next-gen, I'm anxious for a future dx11 Elder Scrolls. But make no mistake, this game is WIN.
  22. Nov 16, 2011
    First impression was very good, game did not crash for 10 hours playing and was stable. After the next day the game started to get crashes to desktop and lag issues. For this reason i give it a 9. The game has improved alot from the other games, graphics and story wise and the fun factor in combat. Alot of detail in the melee department, able to chop of heads and stab mobs inFirst impression was very good, game did not crash for 10 hours playing and was stable. After the next day the game started to get crashes to desktop and lag issues. For this reason i give it a 9. The game has improved alot from the other games, graphics and story wise and the fun factor in combat. Alot of detail in the melee department, able to chop of heads and stab mobs in fun/interesting ways. Some extra fun with casters on how magic is used, able to duel wield and combine magic with interesting magical effects. The world itself is just breath taking, from the night sky to the lush trees and grass you walk on. Very well done in this area. Dungeon traps are fun and make you jump unexpectedly and add a twist of fear when exploring them. Characters models did improve from the last game and from reading the reviews with some people here, i think they just expect alot more or too much now days. Expand
  23. Nov 17, 2011
    I'm not gunna lie, this game is amazing, brilliant, outstanding, a masterpiece. I'm only filling the rest up because i need one hundred and fifty characters.
  24. Nov 18, 2011
    I've noticed that a lot of negative reviews about Skyrim have mentioned a lack of a good story. This gave me pause since, when I think about it, if someone wrote everything I was doing in Skyrim down in a novel, it would suck. And indeed, there have been moments in the game where I look at what's happening around me and doubt the feasibility of my epic tale ("You really want me to takeI've noticed that a lot of negative reviews about Skyrim have mentioned a lack of a good story. This gave me pause since, when I think about it, if someone wrote everything I was doing in Skyrim down in a novel, it would suck. And indeed, there have been moments in the game where I look at what's happening around me and doubt the feasibility of my epic tale ("You really want me to take your dead friend's ashes? Uh... I just got into town..."). But then, it struck me. Skyrim isn't a story. Skyrim is a world. And that is absolutely perfect for an Elder Scrolls game.

What do I mean by that? I mean that this game was never meant to be enjoyed like a book. Skyrim is at its best when you let yourself simply drift off the path and do whatever seems interesting. The game begs you to just live in its world, explore areas, get involved in things, and generally make yourself at home in a beautiful world full of things that want to kill you. Ironically, the "main quest" can easily end up feeling like a side quest to the more important task of... whatever you think the most important task is. Skyrim is not a game of shocking twists and turns, in depth characters, or climactic endings like a more linear, adventure based RPG, such as the recent Bioware games. Thus, I can see a certain type of person frustrated by the lack of a single intriguing path to follow. For most of us, though, this serves as a perfect setting to get lost in for countless hours; a world to experience, not just a story to read or a game to beat.

This review was mostly made to remark on the storyline, but I will say that the gameplay surrounding everything is remarkably solid. I've seen a lot of growth in Bethesda since Oblivion, including the advancements they've made in their Fallout games. Steadily, the company that once told me jumping and sleeping were the keys to character advancement is learning what makes a fun, balanced game. The systems that run the rules of the game (character advancement, equipment, etc) are masterfully crafted to support the aforementioned "life" style of gameplay, making sure that every one of your hundreds of thousands of choices is rewarded, one way or another. Combat, animations, sound effects, voice acting, and, of course, graphics all received the love and attention needed to make sure no one part of the game fell flat.

Only a few things hold Skyrim back from perfection. Most of them are little issues, slightly unpolished moments, etc. The best way to sum it up is that Skyrim is a game that tries to do a LOT of stuff and, like most games of that nature, flaws and bugs big and small are going to creep up. It suffers from a bit of "console-ism" as well, where a game feels like it's made concessions in its development in order to make it function as a cross-console game compared to a game that was made strictly for PC. However, this is not nearly as bad as some.

The future looks incredibly bright for Skyrim. In addition to the inevitable bug-squashing that comes with patches, a modding tool on par with what was available for Oblivion and the Fallout games is in the works. Assuming that people have as much control over things as they have in the past, it means great things are coming and, whatever problems aren't addressed by Bethesda themselves, the community will undoubtedly tackle.

This is a game people will be playing until Elder Scrolls VI and beyond.
  25. Nov 18, 2011
    This latest addition to the Elder Scroll series brings a lot of new things to the table. One of them being the reworked Gamebryo graphics engine. I was completely disgusted upon hearing this was being developed with consoles as a main priority. I'll be honest, the graphics are not that great at times, sure, they look good at a distance(mountains, dragons, walls) but up close? God I can seeThis latest addition to the Elder Scroll series brings a lot of new things to the table. One of them being the reworked Gamebryo graphics engine. I was completely disgusted upon hearing this was being developed with consoles as a main priority. I'll be honest, the graphics are not that great at times, sure, they look good at a distance(mountains, dragons, walls) but up close? God I can see the pixels, they are ingrained in my head. It looks like Oblivion all over again. But since they made this game for consoles, it's kinda hard to get real close and check them out on consoles anyways. Getting past graphics, which by the way does not hurt this game AT ALL, I will say I have never, NEVER sat down and played a game non-stop for as long as I do with Skyrim. Everything from meeting new NPCs, exploring new dungeons, receiving new quest, and random dragon encounters could not be any more immersive. Expand
  26. Nov 19, 2011
    Never have I played a game so immersive as Skyrim. Skyrim is full of life and personality and allows you the freedom of playing the way you want.

I've played over 80 hours of mostly exploring and doing side quests. Even side quests are interesting stories that affect the world. I will easily put over 300 hours in one save. Then I'll start over and play again. I have a few complaints

I have a few complaints though. No 1-9 hotkeys for switching weapons, excessive loading while exploring the world and some NPCs are unkillable.
  27. Nov 21, 2011
    Ok dont get mad but i have the pc version yes its a good game but for people that have problems to even run this game or crashing like every 5 min its not and no not my pc have problems i have a high end system with 3x27 inc monitor and 2xhd5970 in crossfire and 16gb 2000mhz ram and SSD3 drive. And every other game out there have never fail to run. This game however was bugged before iOk dont get mad but i have the pc version yes its a good game but for people that have problems to even run this game or crashing like every 5 min its not and no not my pc have problems i have a high end system with 3x27 inc monitor and 2xhd5970 in crossfire and 16gb 2000mhz ram and SSD3 drive. And every other game out there have never fail to run. This game however was bugged before i even play it. I need to change my sound system to even let me run in the main menu of the game !!! ok now easy fixs easy go you will say? no the first day i was hook at it no crashing nothing just some random flicking screen glitching and some purple texture failing but well the game keeps running so fine by me. Next day and 4 days later the game crash every time when you fast traveling.!!! so i get piss and i get mad i stop playing this now i found the bug but i not going to tell you fixs it because people need to understand that a bugged game is not a game. But a crap. If the game was stable in the begin i give it a 10 for sure. But with all the bugs and crashing and anoying texture bugs i gave it a 5. Till the fixs it and repost this post with a 8 for fixsing this game. Expand
  28. Nov 21, 2011
    I normally get bored with games after about 10 hours. I'm 30 hours into Skyrim and everything feels new. There are bugs, but they add to the experience, because its an elder scrolls game. Which just makes them funny! The graphics are great, the gameplay mechanics are awesome. They have really improved on combat since Oblivion. Also, all the guilds in the game have a ton of quests, you canI normally get bored with games after about 10 hours. I'm 30 hours into Skyrim and everything feels new. There are bugs, but they add to the experience, because its an elder scrolls game. Which just makes them funny! The graphics are great, the gameplay mechanics are awesome. They have really improved on combat since Oblivion. Also, all the guilds in the game have a ton of quests, you can literally play this game forever. I'm a wearwolf, and love it. And the vampires are cool too. The story is great, killing dragons really feels epic, but it does kinda get stale after the same old dragon fight. However, all the unique dungeons......this is my favorite part. Running through a random place you find, killing a boss, getting the loot. Its just a wonderful FUN game. Nothing really gets boring. Voice acting is spot on, and you feel like a real bad ass when you climb up on a dragon and shove your axe in its forehead :)'

great game, i love it, can't wait for DLC!
  29. Nov 21, 2011
    This is comming from someone whos played like 3 hours of the game. Although I can safely say ill will be playing at least another 10 without getting bored. Graphics look well maybe not astonishing, its no crysis although the effects for weather are quite nice to look at. If im gonna be honest character creation is good enough for me at least some more body shape and hairstyle options couldThis is comming from someone whos played like 3 hours of the game. Although I can safely say ill will be playing at least another 10 without getting bored. Graphics look well maybe not astonishing, its no crysis although the effects for weather are quite nice to look at. If im gonna be honest character creation is good enough for me at least some more body shape and hairstyle options could be lovely although i cannot ask for allot more. The gameplay itself is good fun. Walking tends to get annoying but its not too extreme and wont really throw you off. I wish the choice of weoponry was a little bit more broad (im talking about the first couple of hours) Gave it an 8 instead of a nine as it reminded me too much of Fallout. Expand
  30. Nov 22, 2011
    Skyrim is an excellent game and probably one of the best of the year. It has fun and addictive game play beautiful scenery and graphics fun and rewarding quest lines and it has improved in leaps and bounds upon its already legendary predecessors.

Any game however is far from perfect and Skyrim has some major flaws to boast as well.  The first and most glaring flaw is the interface and menu system. On the PC it is very difficult to navigate and utilize quickly. You will find yourself selling and buying items you don't intend to and saying things in conversation that you don't mean to.
    The save game sorting is also bad. Instead of sorting saves by character profile all games are lumped into one list that you gave to dig through to find your correct choice, also no quick save button is readily available that I have found which makes the games instability all the more frustrating.
    As already mentioned the game is rather unstable and I have had to play through quite a bit of progression again due to crashes.

Some things are immersion breaking particularly the caves and barrows. I like that they used some different tile sets this time but all of the caves are lit up like you are in a jungle canopy rather than a cave and why do I figure out how to open a tomb that has been sealed for hundreds of years just to see a torch burning in a sconce on the other side?

Pathing is poor for NPCs and this can be exploited to kill monsters easily. It also makes having a companion a liability when it comes to traps they will get themselves killed constantly on easily avoidable traps and sometimes take you with them. There is also no way to discern their health easily to know if they need a heal.

Overall I recommend the purchase of the game. If you can wait try to get it on discount and if you have a decent PC get it on that platform.  TES series has a wonderful modding community and I hope many of the issues I have raised will eventually get fixed in patches or by the modders.
  31. Nov 22, 2011
    Skyrim is simply amazing. First off, any QQ about the game not running properly, LEARN TO UPDATE YOUR HARDWARE and DRIVERS. The PC is not a console. I'm running an i7, gtx570, 8gb of mediocre ram and the game runs PERFECT and max graphics. If you can't run it on high, then DON'T, its really as simple as that. As usual the TES franchise has an excellent mod community offering tons ofSkyrim is simply amazing. First off, any QQ about the game not running properly, LEARN TO UPDATE YOUR HARDWARE and DRIVERS. The PC is not a console. I'm running an i7, gtx570, 8gb of mediocre ram and the game runs PERFECT and max graphics. If you can't run it on high, then DON'T, its really as simple as that. As usual the TES franchise has an excellent mod community offering tons of content and more will be coming out, power to the PC. I love the new weapon system(the default mouse controls are just strange), finally it is viable to play a battlemage, unlike Oblivion. The simplification of the attribute system is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, but the new system works very well and I no longer need my spreadsheets :P The world is simply huge, I've had more fun wandering the vast land of Skyrim than completing the main quest line. If you're looking for a great offline RPG to play then look no further than Skyrim. "Once M'aiq got in trouble in Riften, and fled to Windhelm. It is good that nobody there cared." - M'iaq the Liar Expand
  32. Nov 22, 2011
    Most amazing Role-playing game up to date. This game lets u be whoever u want. I've spent about 50 hours in this game since it's released and I've barely done anything related to main quest because Skyrim's world is simply filled with dozens of quests. And awesome thing is these quests aren't generic, they're pretty much all different.
  33. Nov 22, 2011
    This is a big step in the right direction for the Elder Scrolls series. It improves so many of the things that have plagues the series. The writing is better, graphics are a little more natural, voice acting is decent, and the combat is better. There is still room for improvement. The facial animations are still rough. The map and path finding need work. There are a myriad of other littleThis is a big step in the right direction for the Elder Scrolls series. It improves so many of the things that have plagues the series. The writing is better, graphics are a little more natural, voice acting is decent, and the combat is better. There is still room for improvement. The facial animations are still rough. The map and path finding need work. There are a myriad of other little glitches that need to be ironed out in future patches. Even with all the negative it is still a fantastic achievement in gaming. The story from what I have experienced is great, the dragon fights are gripping, the graphics are jaw dropping at points, and it is simply loaded to the brim with hundreds of hours of content. It is a simply amazing value at $60. You will be playing this great game for months to come. Expand
  34. Nov 22, 2011
    Wow! This is a fantastic game, and there's so much content! The quests are entertaining, the world is beautiful, what more could you ask for? I honestly think I'll need to play the game 2-3 times in order to experience all of the content.
  35. Nov 22, 2011
    It is a vast understatement to call this an "Improvement" over Bethesda's previous installment in the series. Almost every feature has been improved upon, from the quick use menu and favourites list, to the graphics and stat system. It is almost difficult to believe that this game is running on the same hardware as Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, as you take in the breathtaking scenery andIt is a vast understatement to call this an "Improvement" over Bethesda's previous installment in the series. Almost every feature has been improved upon, from the quick use menu and favourites list, to the graphics and stat system. It is almost difficult to believe that this game is running on the same hardware as Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, as you take in the breathtaking scenery and character design. From giant, amazing and beautiful creatures such as Dwemer robotic golems, mammoths and of course, dragons, to the small insect life, and birds flying overhead. This game is teeming with life, and features some of the most beautiful creature animations i have seen to date. A couple things bothered me greatly about the still fun and amazing elder scrolls oblivion, such as an extreme abundance of glitches, as well as a horrible stat system, which discouraged playing the game freely without pruning each skill specifically, as to raise your stats to be the highest possible. Skyrim changes the around perfectly, with a system that encourages you to play exactly how you want to, and become exactly who you want to be. I personally chose a heavy armor specializing Khajiit, with a focus on restoration magicka and talents in smithing, alchemy, enchanting and speech. In addition, it is appealing to find a lack of glitches in the game, after experiencing how common they were in previous installments. I have found a handful in perhaps over a hundred hours of gameplay, which is to be expected with any game, none-the-less such a massive open world experience.

So far I have played 100+ hours, and I am still finding creative, entertaining, and often awe inspiring scenes, quests, and situations in the game. I expect to play at least a hundred more hours, not including the guaranteed extra play-though or two in my future.

In my opinion, the improvements made, and complete mass of quality and quantity in this game should put to shame some of the other recent games to come out, such as Skyward Sword, and Modern Warfare 3.
    Same genre or not, it should be easy to see which of the series' titles outshines the others in improvements made and overall quality.
  36. Nov 22, 2011
    If it wasn't for The Witcher 2, this would definitely be Game of the Year but it has several shortcomings. The UI is definitely a console port mess, switching weapons, spells and shields during battles is often times a nightmare. You'll often get things mixed up, spells on the wrong hand, or weapon it's really a nightmare. Yes there are hotkeys but generally they don't help much whenIf it wasn't for The Witcher 2, this would definitely be Game of the Year but it has several shortcomings. The UI is definitely a console port mess, switching weapons, spells and shields during battles is often times a nightmare. You'll often get things mixed up, spells on the wrong hand, or weapon it's really a nightmare. Yes there are hotkeys but generally they don't help much when you're switching from spells to sword and boarding. Another problem is crafting is a pain, especially enchanting with the UI in place. Leveling up enchanting on weapons you've found is a pain. The level scaling system is back and it creates some odd problems. If you spent your first levels leveling up crafting trees before combat you'll often times face opponents far stronger than you because of your lack of combat skills. It's really annoying and I noticed this from the jump to 20-->30 because I spent around 5 levels crafting. It's annoying and they should really just ditch the idea, it doesn't promote exploration. It's annoying when you open a master safe and only get 12 gold. Really 12 gold for a master safe? The pros are well the skill system has been simplified now to perks on a little tree. It's simple and easier to understand than past Elder Scrolls. Dungeons have been vastly improved from Oblivion and are fun to just go exploring in for fun. Combat is a huge jump and the story is your typical DnD experience, it's predictable but your so lost in exploring you don't really care. Overall the game is great, it takes all the problems of Oblivion and fixes most, save for the annoying console UI, and I stress ANNOYING. Expand
  37. Nov 23, 2011
    Total free open world. Amazing views. Hand made locations. I want not just play there - I want to live there! This game is a masterpiece in all time RPG world.
  38. Nov 23, 2011
    Wanted to drop off my two cents to counter act the hyperbolic zero score reviews for people who don't like the graphics or control scheme, or even better the people who are blatantly wrong in their reviews(Re: no hot-keys). There are valid complaints about the PC version of this game, namely the interface and the limited number of voice actors at the fore front. I won't touch the graphicsWanted to drop off my two cents to counter act the hyperbolic zero score reviews for people who don't like the graphics or control scheme, or even better the people who are blatantly wrong in their reviews(Re: no hot-keys). There are valid complaints about the PC version of this game, namely the interface and the limited number of voice actors at the fore front. I won't touch the graphics issue because I wasn't bothered by them in my playing, but I then I've never been obsessed with them. Even with these caveats, I've still spent almost 80 hours in a game that's been out less then two weeks at this point. Bethesda created an incredibly immersive world and a truly entertaining game, I'm on my second play through on master difficulty and I'm looking forward to at least two more because I've only explored 15-20% of the world. Expand
  39. Nov 23, 2011
    Great game: awesome atmosphere, great sounds in couple words its a masterpiece of Bethesda. Its just awesome. Filling the rest becouse i need 150 characters.
  40. Nov 23, 2011
    This game was fun. Graphics, interaction, and just the way you could do things is amazing, but I got bored of it really fast. This would be one of those games that I love for the awesome game play. I think the only thing I absolutely hated about this game was the unbearably dull main story. I played through it once and thought, "I'm not wasting my time on that again." I also did not likeThis game was fun. Graphics, interaction, and just the way you could do things is amazing, but I got bored of it really fast. This would be one of those games that I love for the awesome game play. I think the only thing I absolutely hated about this game was the unbearably dull main story. I played through it once and thought, "I'm not wasting my time on that again." I also did not like the fact of random quest being added by just walking around the streets. I would be walking through a town, and have 10 new quests activated right before my eyes. It was a pain in the butt to get a house too, in order to buy a house, you have to beat half of the main storyline. I think it is a game worth getting, but don't be suprised if you find yourself bored of it within 3 days of beating it. Expand
  41. Nov 24, 2011
    this game is great. i mean, don't get me wrong, it's far from perfection but it's great: the story is interesting, the graphics are good (most of the time) and it doesn't have many bugs (for bethesda's standards). exploring skyrim is simply fantastic, going through woods, finding caves, towns, side quests. simply amazing how HUGE this game is, it takes hours to explore the whole gamethis game is great. i mean, don't get me wrong, it's far from perfection but it's great: the story is interesting, the graphics are good (most of the time) and it doesn't have many bugs (for bethesda's standards). exploring skyrim is simply fantastic, going through woods, finding caves, towns, side quests. simply amazing how HUGE this game is, it takes hours to explore the whole game world. the soundtrack is also kick ass. fighting dragons is fun, and most fights provide a good challenge even on normal difficulty. i also love how they didn't use the usual point-and-click controls typical to rpgs like wow, dragon age, etc., IMHO, those are the worst controls ever. speaking of control, skyrim has a huge defect: it has no quick keys. seriously? even console ports like mass effect have them! it's a waste of time that i have to go through my whole inventory or favourite list just to use a potion or change weapon/spell! another drawback typical to most rpgs is that you can accept quests and start playing them with no clue that your character is not enough skilled to complete the quest: that's a real pain in the ass, you can literally go fight dragons with a level 1 character, and get killed in 2 microseconds. most of the times, of course you have no idea what you're gonna fight, it's like "can you get my sword back?", and then the cave has bears, trolls and giants in it.
    in conclusion, i'd give this game a 8.5, rounded up to a more realistic 9 because the good aspects of this game really compensate the bad ones
  42. Nov 24, 2011
    Best game in many years, it's absolutely amazing. so damn safetying to hunt down dragons and exploring dungeons. Played 86 hours so far. 10 of 10. Hail Sithis!
  43. Nov 24, 2011
    I really can't understand all of these review that go against the graphics, I am sorry to say that this is because of your computer not the game. I had the graphics turned up to ultra and they look next generation easily. The dungeon design improves massively upon oblivion with proper dungeons taking anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours and dwemer/dwarven ruins are back. I played for 60I really can't understand all of these review that go against the graphics, I am sorry to say that this is because of your computer not the game. I had the graphics turned up to ultra and they look next generation easily. The dungeon design improves massively upon oblivion with proper dungeons taking anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours and dwemer/dwarven ruins are back. I played for 60 hours before I finished the main quest line. Expand
  44. Nov 24, 2011
    I cannot give this game a score as it does not run on my pc, even after reporting the problem and trolling through various forums for answers I have not found a solution as yet. It seems the game wasnâ
  45. Nov 24, 2011
    If you like open worlds and rpgs this game is amazing in every way. Graphics, characters, stories, and sound are all amazing and feel next gen. I played Dark Souls quite bit and this game is a calming wonderful experience with all the satisfaction and accomplishment. I thought I would never sell dark souls because of how great it was (albeit uber hard), but now i don't know if I'll everIf you like open worlds and rpgs this game is amazing in every way. Graphics, characters, stories, and sound are all amazing and feel next gen. I played Dark Souls quite bit and this game is a calming wonderful experience with all the satisfaction and accomplishment. I thought I would never sell dark souls because of how great it was (albeit uber hard), but now i don't know if I'll ever play it again. Obviously, Skyrim is not for everyone, but if you've every like an RPG this is the quintessential experience...unbeatable. Freedom beyond any game before it....I like my freedom. Expand
  46. Nov 24, 2011
    Skyrim is not just a game - it is a critical step in the evolution of gaming as we know it. I have beaten the game's 'main quest' four days ago. Still cannot pry myself away from the incredible world development. I find myself interested in trivial characters' doings. I find myself just drifting with the ebb and flow of what seems to be an incredibly advanced simulation of reality. SkyrimSkyrim is not just a game - it is a critical step in the evolution of gaming as we know it. I have beaten the game's 'main quest' four days ago. Still cannot pry myself away from the incredible world development. I find myself interested in trivial characters' doings. I find myself just drifting with the ebb and flow of what seems to be an incredibly advanced simulation of reality. Skyrim isn't about a linear storyline - for you ADD queefs, GTFO. This isn't a quick fix. This is simply an incredibly gorgeous world with the closest to real characters I have seen in a game. I begrudgingly state that as a filmmaker, I may have tread in the wrong industry. Expand
  47. Nov 26, 2011
    A true masterpiece, it's hard to say what RPG game will surpass it in 2012. The start is absolutely epic the build up is phenomonal once you have the world to your self, the world is alive and that's a good thing and even after you leave it, it will still feel alive that is a key point to a non-linear game and Bestheda have nailed it, The story and immersion are the things that are neededA true masterpiece, it's hard to say what RPG game will surpass it in 2012. The start is absolutely epic the build up is phenomonal once you have the world to your self, the world is alive and that's a good thing and even after you leave it, it will still feel alive that is a key point to a non-linear game and Bestheda have nailed it, The story and immersion are the things that are needed most in an RPG game and this game exceeds it, however there are a few glitches and bugs but they will eventually get fixed. DRAGONS FTW Expand
  48. Nov 26, 2011
    This game has everything the rpg player want !
    I have play this game more than 130 hours on steam and i LOVE IT
    The elder scrolls is the only game that it gets better and better ! They did what we ask they put everything we was talking about they fix everything that wasnt working good from the oblivion and now for the first time i see ppl traveling !!! No i am not talking about some
    This game has everything the rpg player want !
    I have play this game more than 130 hours on steam and i LOVE IT
    The elder scrolls is the only game that it gets better and better !
    No i am not talking about some hunters or some guards i am talking about ppl from ur guild (like the companions) u can spot them traveling (its a little bit hard to find them ) they go and do stuff the dragons are here and they can come to u anytime anywhere how cool is that?
    if u are low lvl or weak u need to run hide and do stuff to escape or if u are strong u can fight it u can shout to make force him to land ! and now u can be what u want to be and u can just be good at everything !! a lot of perks a lot of quest a lot of stuff to find ! ok i cant talk now i am going to play it !
  49. Nov 26, 2011
    Current Play Time: 52 Hours
    Review: Excellent
    Graphic's: 8/10 Sound effects and music: 9.5/10 Voice acting 8/10 Gameplay: 9/10 Content: 10/10 Controls: 9/10 Interface: 6/10 Replayability: 10/10 Value for money: 9.5/10 Overall an excellent game worth the £29.75 I paid for it. The interface is very poor as its a console port and quick swaping weapons/spells is terrible. However
    Current Play Time: 52 Hours
    Controls: 9/10
    Interface: 6/10
    Replayability: 10/10
    Value for money: 9.5/10

Overall an excellent game worth the £29.75 I paid for it. The interface is very poor as its a console port and quick swaping weapons/spells is terrible. However these are small issues as im sure they will get modded ON THE PC (HAHA to consoles who pay £50 for a game then have to pay for the DLC and can't mod the game)
  50. Nov 26, 2011
    Bad ui, bad bugs, not good enough graphics. Not showing any skills, too easy to play. Oblivion was 10x times better!!...........................................
  51. Nov 26, 2011
    The game plays well until it doesn't. Quite simply the game crashes constantly. On average with my computer set up the game crashes between 30-45 minutes of gameplay.
  52. Nov 27, 2011
    Anybody who gives this game more than 7.5 isn't looking at Skyrim objectively or they know nothing about RPG's in general.

Skyrim is a beautiful, full world. There are plenty of quests to do, people to meet, and dragons to kill. However, none of it is really innovative. Other than dragons Skyrim doesn't really add anything new to the Oblivion formula. Just about everything that made Oblivion good is there, and not much else.

The graphics are beautiful, the game-play is smooth for the most part, the dialogue and voice acting are top notch (even if voice actors are reused ad naseum). Sadly the game has a serious number of little flaws that, when added together, really make Skyrim and overall disappointment.

Starting with the interface. Definitely developed with consoles in mind. For PC users it's slow, clunky, and just plain bad. Even using my 360 controller with the PC version of the game it's just not right. This is probably why I don't own a console, this minimalistic design scheme is weak and uninspired.

The interface is most troubling because it gets in the way of the meat of of any RPG; combat. You'll often find find yourself accessing the inventory several times through combat to change spells, or drink potions, or switch from dual wield to weapon and shield. Even with the "favorites" button which can cut time navigating the menus it still becomes an annoyance breaking up the flow of a particular battle and ruining the overall experience.

Moving on to keyboard controls they are just plain screwed it up. Even after the patch I cannot make my own custom keyboard setup as the game fails to save any of the changes I make. And the default controls are a mess. They could have taken some hints from some of the modern day standards instead of screwing it up just to be different. Different isn't always better.

The level and skill advancement hasn't changed much from Oblivion, except now you can choose various perks from high skill levels that used to be automatically assigned as you progressed in Oblivion. The spells and skill selection hasn't changed much (if at all) which is also disappointing.

Combat is action oriented hack and slash where your skill with the keyboard (or controller) is more important than your character stats. As everything you face will be tailored to your level you will, for the most part, never find anything too hard or too easy if you approach the encounter right.. Honestly, I think my characters skill with a bow should be more important than my skill of aiming the bow for him. While it's a standard for action RPG's it lessens character development.

You will find tho that making a character to your play style will be pretty easy. The balance and difference between various play styles is well done and feel quite different for the most part, requiring different strategies for encounters. Mages, warriors, rogues, and rogue-mages, and warrior mages all feel independent of each other. This is perhaps the highlight of the game mechanics.

The biggest disappointment of this game is Bethesda's promise of certain things that they failed to achieve. One was the "alieness" you felt in Morrowind. They promised players would feel like a stranger in a strange land with Skyrim, much like the unique presentation of Morrowind which was lost with the generic setting of Oblivion. Skyrim has no such sense of being unique in any way. It's more or less like one would expect an RPG set in snowy mountain regions with nordic influence.

Skyrim is a fine game. It's fun to play and it's vast. There is lots to look at and do. But it's not perfect. It's certainly better than most other open world RPG's (Gothic 3 & 4, Risen) but then so are Morrowind and Oblivion to this day. Sadly, Skyrim fails to take what Morrowind and Oblivion games us to the next level. It just gives us more of the same but with a worse interface.
  53. Nov 27, 2011
    This game is incredible. I have spent 100 hours on it with one character, and probably will spend 100 more. For once in a RPG, I actually feel immersed, I spend more time wandering around exploring than doing quests, because the sandbox world is so amazing. You could play this game like a life sim, and still get your moneys worth out of it. Donâ
  54. Nov 27, 2011
    I'm not going to say this is incredible, because you already know it. Instead I'll state two facts about my Skyrim experience. One: I've played sixty hours. Two: I feel I've only scratched the surface. There is an unimaginable volume of material in this game. It's so well-realised that fast travelling between locations seems incredibly wasteful - you'll never know what places you'veI'm not going to say this is incredible, because you already know it. Instead I'll state two facts about my Skyrim experience. One: I've played sixty hours. Two: I feel I've only scratched the surface. There is an unimaginable volume of material in this game. It's so well-realised that fast travelling between locations seems incredibly wasteful - you'll never know what places you've missed, or encounters, characters, quests, treasures. I haven't fast travelled once. I haven't wanted to. Each time I'm sent off somewhere, I go by foot, and never cease to come across astounding experiences. Some criticise the game's animations or voice acting or whatever. To me this is anal retentive. The game is **** huge. Experience it. Enjoy its scope and ambition. When I'm walking through an autumnal mountain pass at sundown, I'm not thinking about UI niggles, I'm thinking: "holy **** The animations are fine, the level scaling is fine - a solid compromise between Morrowind and Oblivion - the towns are huge, the characters brilliant, the combat bloody good, the quests well-thought out and, of course, infinite. There is too much excellence in this game to give it 2/10 for a few unsatisfying door textures. Ignore the grumpy little graphics whores who expect games to look better than real life. Try Skyrim for yourself. It's brilliant. And endless. Expand
  55. Nov 27, 2011
    This game is a terrific RPG! It is one of the only RPGs that isn't in your face about the choices you made (for instance, being evil/good doesn't change the way you look.) I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't have an arena like in oblivion, and the plant life is familiar looking and not foreign looking like in morrowind, but it is still terrific!
  56. Nov 28, 2011
    This is definitely the right choice for Game of the Year. While Oblivion didnt have your character drawn into any particular "story" while running around on all of those sidequests, Skyrim sucks you in hard during each and every storyline. The quests you do pertain directly to a lot of the books that are littered around Skyrim (and now sit cozily on bookshelfs in three of my houses). TheThis is definitely the right choice for Game of the Year. While Oblivion didnt have your character drawn into any particular "story" while running around on all of those sidequests, Skyrim sucks you in hard during each and every storyline. The quests you do pertain directly to a lot of the books that are littered around Skyrim (and now sit cozily on bookshelfs in three of my houses). The shouts that change the weather are great for clearing up that haze or the snowstorm and making everything look pristine. Ahh... and you can summon a dragon (and numerous other minions if you are a conjurer) !! Whose side are you on in the civil war??? *Stormcloak* Expand
  57. Nov 28, 2011
    This is a masterpiece of RPGs. The story is amazing,the characters are almost reals. So epic feel when a dragon flying to the moon,then you shoot him and he fall like a sandvich!
  58. Nov 28, 2011
    Huge and beautiful. Engaging and mesmerizing. The amount of content and replayability is off the charts. If you've played Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas, then you have a pretty good idea what to expect as far as game mechanics are concerned. UI is pretty much identical to the Fallout games. Inventory is a little clunky, but doesn't take long before you're on auto-pilot with it andHuge and beautiful. Engaging and mesmerizing. The amount of content and replayability is off the charts. If you've played Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas, then you have a pretty good idea what to expect as far as game mechanics are concerned. UI is pretty much identical to the Fallout games. Inventory is a little clunky, but doesn't take long before you're on auto-pilot with it and other game controls and just enjoying the game. As awesome and in-depth RPG as you will ever play IN YOUR LIFE. Just buy it and enjoy the game. I'd ignore the nay-sayers who seem more interesting in showing off their "zero" score and going out of their way to find and bemoan the slightest, insignificant defects while overlooking the gaming experience in its entirety. Expand
  59. Nov 29, 2011
    elder scrolls. It returns with a big bang! its a massive world with amazing graphics and stunning storyline and side quest content. The fighting in this feels less clunky then oblivion did. And unlike morrowind and oblivion the world feels more alive. It feels like your not in a small world with tons of robots to talk to. The conversations flow more fluienty and the physics is improvedelder scrolls. It returns with a big bang! its a massive world with amazing graphics and stunning storyline and side quest content. The fighting in this feels less clunky then oblivion did. And unlike morrowind and oblivion the world feels more alive. It feels like your not in a small world with tons of robots to talk to. The conversations flow more fluienty and the physics is improved immensly. You might be thinking about the crafting system and think 'I DONT WANT TO MESS AROUND DOING CRAFTS I WANT TO FIGHT!!! ARTS AND CRAFTS ARE FOR GIRLS' well thats true to an extent. but the crafting system is very entertaining and can be exiting... for example you may have just found a deadra heart to make your first deadric weapon or armor peice. And another great part of the game are the perks. when you level up it is such a great feeling that you get to pick a perk. just like fallout. You can also get MARRIED!!!! getting married is suprisingly intense. more so than fighting a dragon. BUT the most important thing about the game for me is this: After you finish the main quest. You will feel like you beat the game. And that even though you still have like 1000000000000000 quests you feel like they are just errand boi quests.... well... The truth is that the main quest is one of the SMALLEST parts of the game! EVEN after you finish the FACTION QUESTS (Dark brotherhood theives guild ect.) There are MASSIVE side quests. You can go out and explore a abandoned house to find it has a deadric gods spirit that will offer you a powerful mace if you go to the mounatins and find a mage trapped by a large group of bandits and after 10 failed attempts to defeat the bandits you use Call Dragon dragon shout and KILL THEM ALL!!!! AND THERE ARE LIKE a BAZZILIONNN more quests like that!!! ITS THE FREAKIN GREATEST GAME EVER!!! Expand
  60. Nov 29, 2011
    Another fantastic completely immersive RPG masterpiece- The perfect next step in an epic series. Elderscrolls sets the bar for the genre much like Indiana Jones and (the first 3) Star Wars movies did for film. Skyrim is a homerun! Bravo, Bethesda!
  61. Nov 30, 2011
    Beautiful world. Excellent graphics. Exhilarating combat. Overall, this game is simply a 10/10.
  62. Nov 30, 2011
    Skyrim doesn't deliver. It's the fifth game in the elder scrolls series, and it still carries almost all the flaws Morrowind and Oblivion had, adding some others on top of them, getting a bit closer to Morrowind in overall quality, but still way far from what we used to experience and what was expected from this game.
    On the technical side, the game is a massive disappointment, with a
    On the technical side, the game is a massive disappointment, with a trainwreck of low res textures and only minor overall improvements on the effects. No one wanted Battlefield 3 quaity, but there's no excuse for the messy squashed low res textures Bethesda put in this game. Everything is blurry and under a green tint. And landscape still looks bad from a distance, like Oblivion. They still haven't managed a good low detail LOD for distant objects - which is ridiculous, after what the modders did with Oblivion. Face models and some animations are better, but not very good.
    The user interface is the worst I've EVER experienced, even the worst console ports are better than this, it cannot be described. Huge areas of wasted space, the inventory has pretty much no filters and everything is vertical with zero horizontal space used.
    Stat system has been streamlined to hell and back, you get to choose between health magicka and stamina, there's a reduced numer of skills and each one has perks, that would have been a good feature if introduced in some other way, but as they are now, they're just the only way to make skills useful since they botched up the skill system: for example, shield blocking is completely useless until you farm the perks for it.
    Equipment, streamlined too. You can only wear one ring, the enchantment system is awful (you learn enchantments by destroying items, then you're restricted to only certain enchantments depending on the item - for example torso pieces of heavy armor can't be enchanted for elemental resists) there are no more upper body and lower body armor (one piece now) no pauldrons, no polearms, no crossbows and all the melee weapons feel the same, you can't even decide to cut,pierce or smash - the attack animation is random and automatic, dealing always the same kind of damage.
    Melee combat is horrible. Two handed users pretty much cannot defend, Sword and shield users move incredibly slow and block no magic damage until you are of high level and managed to farm through the perks. Armor rating under 300 is basically useless. Awkward "finisher" animations pop up at every fight AND YOU CANNOT DODGE HITS! And no mounted combat, again.
    Sneaking is the same as it was in oblivion. Meh.
    Ranged combat is actually useful now, but it still needs mods to make it good.
    But where Skyrim really falls short is in the true RPG component, something that mods cannot fix: it's not a true RPG. There's some VERY RARE good writing, but most of it is pretty subpar and boring. Almost all quests have no choices or neutral paths, you are forced to do things that you do not want to do or to witness events that could be easily avoided and the game pretty much invites you to be a "master of all trades" character, killing the immersion.
    The only area where Skyrim can be considered a good game, is the exploration. There's a lot of content to experience by just exploring - provided you're ready to accept the lack of choices and the mostly average writing.
    Not worth buying.
  63. Nov 30, 2011
    I was sitting around last night and I finally realized why I like Skyrim so much. It reminds me of backpacking. You don't go backpacking to win the war or save the damsel; you go to wander the countryside and see the sites and pick up cool sticks. Skyrim realizes this goal better than any other game, period. There are three reasons why: quests, dungeons, and the visuals. The questI was sitting around last night and I finally realized why I like Skyrim so much. It reminds me of backpacking. You don't go backpacking to win the war or save the damsel; you go to wander the countryside and see the sites and pick up cool sticks. Skyrim realizes this goal better than any other game, period. There are three reasons why: quests, dungeons, and the visuals. The quest structure is loose enough to give you freedom but well written enough to inspire you to continue. I love getting the push out the door to go to place X, but not being punished if I get sidetracked to place Y. The dungeon structure is incredible. There is a slight amount of similarity simply to retain realism, but each dungeon I've been in is dramatically different than others. Long gone are the cookie cutter aelid(?) ruins and gateworlds of Oblivion. The variety is simply stunning. Finally, the visuals are great. Not just good, and not super-fantastic, but well done indeed. More than the simple graphical rendering is the way Bethesda realized the world and the ecosystems. All you need to do is watch Planet Earth to grasp that "tundra" does not equal "barren wasteland," and the designers have created a vibrant land that does Northern Europe proud. Along the same lines is the cultural ambience of Skyrim. There is racism and tension over who should rule the land, and both come off as very real. Some of the comments by the peasantry is a little goofy, but do yourself a favor and listen to the jarls talking with their minions. Absolutely stunning dialouge. Now, to the more generic topics... Combat is well done. It seems to me that combat in Skyrim is as interesting as you want to make it. Want to be a guy w/ heavy armor and no mobility that can take it and blast it? Go ahead. Want to be the guy (me) who dances around in combat? Want to snipe? Want to... You get the idea. My advice is to pick the play style you like, though. Skyrim will let you do whatever you want, but if that bores you, it doesn't care... The sound also deserves mention. A pro reviewer (sorry for the lack of the cite!) said something along the lines of "when a dragon lands on you and the soundtrack starts playing, you WILL pee your pants." Man were they right. Mute the sound, meh, another fight. Have the music and flame effects blaring and your begin to appreciate why games are called multimedia... (Side note: I've got the song running through my head as I write this. Nice...) Finally on my list of total awesomeness is the load times. I'm playing on a laptop w/ decent specs, and this game runs on High visuals and almost NO load times. I'm talking 5 seconds tops. For such a huge world that looks great, this is flat out unbeliveable. In fact, it essentially nullifies my biggest gripe, which is......... CRASHES! Yep, they're there, but because I can reboot the game and get back to playing in 30 seconds flat, it much easier to treat them as a reminder to move around in real life than as game breaking issues. My second biggest gripe is the lack of, hmmm, how about epicness with regards to the supposedly high-level characters in the game. If you're one of the top dogs in the Companions, why are you dressed in steel armor and not Ebony? Why aren't the jarls weilding souped up versions of weapons? "So you can't get their stuff early" just doesn't seem good enough. Bethesda, try a little harder next time, please. To be fair, though, the rest of the world levels MUCH better and more realistically than in Oblivion/Fallout 3. Lastly, this game really shouldn't win any awards for storylines. This isn't really a slam, because they are nice enough, but a Witcher 2/Mass Effect/Dragon Age this is not. If you're SOLELY in a game for the storyline, you might wait a bit for this one. Or not, and read the tons of books lying around in the game... Lastly, I'd like to make a comment about the PC interface: I can't comment. I went into the game knowing I'd be playing with a controller, and it's quite well done (plus you can still quicksave on the keyboard! Yay!) If you're dead set on using a mouse/keyboard, just remember to check the modding community; they've got some nice fixes. All in all, this game is the best exploration/open world game to date. It is freedom, exploration, and fun bundled up and delivered to your computer. Enjoy the hike! Expand
  64. Nov 30, 2011
    The time you wasted from your life for this game will not gonna be in vain. I don't play Oblivion, but I can say that this game is so much better than I expected before. I thought this game will similar like Mass Effect series, well there is some similarity, but Skyrim win by wide margin. Open world, make your own stories, pick your guild, pick either Imperial or Stormcloak, play warrior,The time you wasted from your life for this game will not gonna be in vain. I don't play Oblivion, but I can say that this game is so much better than I expected before. I thought this game will similar like Mass Effect series, well there is some similarity, but Skyrim win by wide margin. Open world, make your own stories, pick your guild, pick either Imperial or Stormcloak, play warrior, mage, thief, archer, or hybrid, that is for you to decide.

The best RPG I've ever played in my whole life, hands down. Can't wait to see the future of this game in the hand of the modding community.
  65. Nov 30, 2011
    One of the best games I've ever played, its just stunning with all the little details they put in it. I've put about 65 hours into it and every time I turn it on my mouth still! hits the floor, its been a LONG time sense a game has done that to me. As for the bugs, Yeah it has some bugs...but with a game that's THIS BIG! you need to expect some. Bethesda will iron them out with patches.
  66. Nov 30, 2011
    I LOVE THIS GAME. Your review must be at least 150 characters long. Your review must be at least 150 characters long. Your review must be at least 150 characters long.
  67. Dec 1, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Skyrim is a game supposed to take the immersion to the next level. The landscapes are amazing, the world building is excellent and being divided between two factions in the middle of a civil war, when neither of them is black and white is awesome. The shout idea is another good point and I particularly liked the other guilds and factions sidequests.

The problems with Skyrim are several. For a game built to be in the top tier of the immersion factor, the AI is just too poorly written. Characters have few lines, you have little impact on their lives or their behavior towards you and the problems when everyone is against you (with vampirism for instance, if you are starved, doesn't matter if you are wearing a mask, everyone knows you're a vampire and will attack on sight, even the poor guy who has agreed to help you 10 minutes earlier) CERTAINLY break immersion.

Whenever a dragon flies by in a city, EVERY ABLE BODIED men and women WILL drop anything and everything they are doing to kill it. It's complete **** everyone should be running away desperately. And the horses? Why are they so completely badass in this game? Every time I unmount near a bandit camp, my horse goes **** inside it to murder every single one of my enemies. Don't get me wrong, my horse is the DB one and it's cool that he behaves like that, but should EVERY horse in the realm do this? It certainly breaks the immersion when horses flee the stables to kick some dragon's ass.

This game is hell of a lot fun, but its flaws are immersion breaking. It's a game that wants you to lose yourself inside its world, but instead manages to break in every NPC encounter you have.
  68. Dec 12, 2011
    This is my 3rd rewiev, and I started at the score 0. I've been playing for about 25 hours now.

Positive: graphics is great, even on my HP laptop. Gameplay is fun and addictive. Big world, with a lot of quests. Great cities, compared to Oblivion, Fallout 3, etc. Almost unending gameplay. The world feels a live with all these critters running around. Negative: Dialogues is weak, you can ALMOST say everything to some guy, and it still has same effect. Bugs is really bad, I am reinstalling Skyrim right now, because I can't fast travel, dragons is flying the wrong way which causes big laggs, a lot of quests is just really boring(there is some good ones too, don't get it the wrong way) and dragons are sometimes invincble.

I think the game is pretty good, but it could get A LOT better. I would reccomend it to everyone, because we all need to make an effort, to safe the lands of Skyrim!
  69. Dec 2, 2011
    So called professional reviewers that rated this game highly never saw the PC version. So much is 100% clear. Either that, or they were blind. The looks beautiful enough, from a distance, but the character animation is crude, with too small number of polygons. Voice acting is still not enough, with voices for different characters soon starting to be familiar, heard one bartender, heardSo called professional reviewers that rated this game highly never saw the PC version. So much is 100% clear. Either that, or they were blind. The looks beautiful enough, from a distance, but the character animation is crude, with too small number of polygons. Voice acting is still not enough, with voices for different characters soon starting to be familiar, heard one bartender, heard them all. The user interface is written for consoles, it is terrible on the pc. But worst of all, and not to be missed by any reviewer, is the huge number of bugs, freezes, crashes to desktop, stuck quests, immortal beings, ,issues with the loader, and on and on and on. You have to let Steam check the integrity of the local files constantly to be able to start it up again and hope you'll be able to play. And then if you do, you may find the game locks up yet again at some location, with nothing else to do but power down the computer and reboot. It shows to me that game sites, and game reviewers have no clue whatsoever, and are being led by the nose by companies. That, and they lied if they were saying they reviewed the PC version. Expand
  70. Dec 2, 2011
    Our hero, our hero, claims a warrior's heart
    I tell you, I tell you, the Dragonborn comes
    With a Voice wielding power of the ancient Nord art
    Believe, believe, the Dragonborn comes
    It's an end to the evil, of all Skyrim's foes
    Beware, beware, the Dragonborn comes
    For the darkness has passed, and the legend yet grows
    You'll know, You'll know the Dragonborn's come
  71. Dec 3, 2011
    I didn't like SKYRIM, until I GOT HIT BY AN ARROW IN THE KNEE, y'know made me open my eyes then i was like what a beautiful game?, i shoulda bought Oblivion but i have skyrim now it dosen't matter the game is a very well done piece of RPG Western at it's finest, can the other RPG's knock Skyrim? who know's but only complaint is the world feels empty as times.
  72. Dec 3, 2011
    A huge game in the tradition of Bethesda's memorable previous works of art. I have barely scratched the surface of Skyrim and have already gone through tons of immersive content. Truly an alternate world for one to lose himself into. I cannot understand how some users are giving it a 0 score. I think they are on the pay role of Bethesda's competitors. Sore losers!
  73. Dec 3, 2011
    I'm pretty sure the 189 people who gave this a bad review are trolling like crazy. Not even sure why I'm defending it...The 1480 people and 21 critics who love it pretty much let it speak for itself. Everyone who has something bad to say seem to be hating on the PC version of it...I've got the PC version and it runs flawlessly. On Ultra High Quality graphics. I think in 58 hours of playI'm pretty sure the 189 people who gave this a bad review are trolling like crazy. Not even sure why I'm defending it...The 1480 people and 21 critics who love it pretty much let it speak for itself. Everyone who has something bad to say seem to be hating on the PC version of it...I've got the PC version and it runs flawlessly. On Ultra High Quality graphics. I think in 58 hours of play I've had 2 crashes. Which are never a problem since the game autosaves like every 5 minutes. Every time you go to a new area. This is my first actual PC game purchase (Since I just finished my first build about 4 months ago) Brand new to PC gaming, I tried to play with the mouse and keyboard and get used to it. I got a little bit frustrated because I had to keep looking down at the keys, but I still got the hang of it for the most part. I prefer my 360 controller because I've been an Xbox gamer for years, but I didn't despise the keyboard and mouse. It just wasn't for me. I even liked the F5 quicksave. In fact, I used it all the time even when using my controller. The graphics are beautiful at Ultra High Quality setting. I can see trees and lakes miles away, then actually travel to that lake and swim in it. People are also complaining that Bethesda uses mods as a way to improve their next game. Not sure I understand that very much. To me, it seems like making it easy for modders to mod and tweak their game to give Bethesda ideas for later games should be a major plus. Modders get to mod, Bethesda learns from the mods, and players see the results in later games. Everybody is happy. Oh, and I noticed most of the reviews about bugs were on the DAY IT WAS RELEASED. A game this massive and expansive is going to be buggy. As of today, I've already gotten 2 updates for the game fixing a ton of those bugs. Which means they jumped on it as soon as possible. Beta test all you want, you'll never find all the bugs until you get thousands and thousands of people playing. Expand
  74. Dec 6, 2011
    Simply one of the best games ever made. It has many quirks and bugs, but the same can be said for all previous elder scrolls games, and it's part of their charm. There are some more serious bugs that do need patching soon, however the community has created mods and workarounds for the most part, which is again another reason why this series is so great (and why you should get it on PC!).Simply one of the best games ever made. It has many quirks and bugs, but the same can be said for all previous elder scrolls games, and it's part of their charm. There are some more serious bugs that do need patching soon, however the community has created mods and workarounds for the most part, which is again another reason why this series is so great (and why you should get it on PC!). With the official mod tools coming in January and some DLC no doubt on the horizon, this game is set to be entertaining for hundreds of hours. Expand
  75. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is fantastic and a great addition to the elder scrolls series. Dungeons are far more diverse and the environment is beautiful................
  76. Dec 8, 2011
    Incremental improvement on Oblivion. I've had no game killing bugs, but a few crashes which is better than any other Bethesda game I've played. Grind, grind, grind is the name of the game. Flat main quest line that offers little in the way of re-playability. Addicting, yes. Engaging, no.
  77. Dec 11, 2011
    Overall this game is amazing. It's so fantastically well done that it's a game I can't get away from. I'm completely addicted and I love it! Way to go Bethesda!
  78. Dec 12, 2011
    Opinion after 250+ hours. Bethesda's pursuit of freedom is admirable, and this is the best world created to date; but it naturally comes at the cost of a cohesive narrative. If you want great story & characters, better to play a more traditional RPG. Or better still, read a book. 60,000 lines of dialogue in Skyrim, but still not enough :). If you're about to play this for the first time,Opinion after 250+ hours. Bethesda's pursuit of freedom is admirable, and this is the best world created to date; but it naturally comes at the cost of a cohesive narrative. If you want great story & characters, better to play a more traditional RPG. Or better still, read a book. 60,000 lines of dialogue in Skyrim, but still not enough :). If you're about to play this for the first time, make sure you check the 'Skyrim Nexus' and browse it's 2700+ mods (amended UI, better textures), and I suggest a mod that stops NPC's from clamoring to spout their life-story (no NPC greetings). Expand
  79. Jan 20, 2012
    This is my second review of this game because it's worth it. For those of you out there who like to rush through games, then maybe you'll find Skyrim to be too short for your liking; however, this is NOT the reason Bethesda makes their Elder Scrolls games. Like Morrowind and Oblivion before it, Skyrim allows you to sit back and explore an amazing world full of side quests andThis is my second review of this game because it's worth it. For those of you out there who like to rush through games, then maybe you'll find Skyrim to be too short for your liking; however, this is NOT the reason Bethesda makes their Elder Scrolls games. Like Morrowind and Oblivion before it, Skyrim allows you to sit back and explore an amazing world full of side quests and adventures. It's simply a beautiful game in every aspect and is the best in the Elder Scrolls series to date. I have been a fan of since Morrowind and will continue to purchase Elder Scrolls titles as they are released. Sure there are glitches in the game which Bethesda will fix and the menu navigation could be better, but all in all a great gaming experience. I can't wait for upcoming expansions :) Expand
  80. Dec 19, 2011
    "Freedom without Purpose": I was seriously disappointed by Skyrim; I choked on insignificant options, undirected freedom followed by quick deaths, the confusing UI, the confusing map, and poor combat mechanics. But I have read that if you play it in a certain way it's more enjoyable:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/36533/features/skyrim-nine-ways-to-make-it-the-worst-game-ever/ I suspect that this

I suspect that this writer is correct, but it's a shame that you ruin the game unless you do X, Y, and Z, particularly if the game presents itself as a "free play"/sandbox game. Again, undirected freedom isn't a good thing in and of itself, particularly if it's achieved by simply removing the signposts.

I think Skyrim's success has to do with all the fancy graphics and media hype.
  81. Dec 15, 2011
    Best RPG of the year. Big open world. Many quests - many gaming hours. Old school RPG with new style. Design of game more better than graphics. Waiting for addons!
  82. Dec 19, 2011
    A worthy new instalment to the Elder Scrolls franchise, It improves on Oblivion in almost every way. A shiny new engine makes the same old formula feel new. The UI is the main reason I didn't give it a ten. It doesn't work well at all with mouse and keyboard but there are mods that fix this so its not all bad. The rest is perfect: a beautiful world, many and varied quests (even the mainA worthy new instalment to the Elder Scrolls franchise, It improves on Oblivion in almost every way. A shiny new engine makes the same old formula feel new. The UI is the main reason I didn't give it a ten. It doesn't work well at all with mouse and keyboard but there are mods that fix this so its not all bad. The rest is perfect: a beautiful world, many and varied quests (even the main quests is an improvement on Oblivion), combat is much improved (especially magic) and last but most importantly the world feels REAL. Just like previous games in the series you can wander aimlessly and stumble upon a dungeon or a quest or even just a pretty location. It's these moments that make Skyrim feel incredible Expand
  83. Dec 20, 2011
    Skyrim is an excellent game there is no doubt about that, I am generally a little concerned about the direction of travel the series is going in. I think the streamlining has gone a little too far, I understand where some, indeed many, of the changes may have been for the better over the last couple of games but it feels like the series is losing something in the quest to appeal to theSkyrim is an excellent game there is no doubt about that, I am generally a little concerned about the direction of travel the series is going in. I think the streamlining has gone a little too far, I understand where some, indeed many, of the changes may have been for the better over the last couple of games but it feels like the series is losing something in the quest to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Mods will hopefully be Skyrims savior much as they where Oblivions. I just urge Beth to think a little longer and harder about what how to achieve fun accessible gameplay without throwing out more and more complexity. Expand
  84. Dec 23, 2011
    An overall solid game that unfortunately still suffers from many of the problems of its immediate predecessor. Skyrim is executed with a reasonable degree of competency, but a few issues in particular stick out after just a few hours of gameplay. The first being the all-too-small voicecast for such an expansive digital world. Nothing breaks immersion quite like talking to a shopkeeper,An overall solid game that unfortunately still suffers from many of the problems of its immediate predecessor. Skyrim is executed with a reasonable degree of competency, but a few issues in particular stick out after just a few hours of gameplay. The first being the all-too-small voicecast for such an expansive digital world. Nothing breaks immersion quite like talking to a shopkeeper, walking out the door, and hearing the EXACT same voice come from another NPC not 10 feet away. While most of the dialogue is delivered well, the repetition of voices really begins to grate before long. The other main complaint would be the repetition of environments, especially the infamous "dark and mossy cave" over and over again. While the game's named side-quests generally do a good job of mixing up locations every now and then, the "radiant" quests became a repetitive and copy-pasted chore after only a few runthroughs. Despite these complaints, however, I find Skyrim to be a vast improvement over Oblivion, both in terms of graphical quality and overall gameplay. In the end, Bethesda has yet to reattain the lofty heights of game design that it once visited in Morrowind, but Skyrim does show that they are trying their best to get on the right track. It's not perfect, but Skyrim is definitely worth at least a glance if you find yourself wanting for a new single-player RPG experience to fill your time. Expand
  85. Jan 14, 2012
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, what an amazing game!

Skyrim offers an amazingly large free-to-roam world in which many items, quests, monsters and dragons can be found. The game's impressive story-line, life-like characters and action-packed quests definitely make it one of the best games of 2011 - 2012. The only flaws I could see with the game is the fact that the dragon battles can get
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, what an amazing game!

The only flaws I could see with the game is the fact that the dragon battles can get repetitive, as they tend to repeat the same actions over again and that a lot of glitches are present in this game, which may actually prevent the player from completing a quest, or may just be minor.

Other than that, this game is amazing! 8!
  86. Jan 15, 2012
    Skyrim get's some things right, but ultimately it ended in disappointment. What's done right: 1. Map size and detail. Markarth is one of the most beautiful towns I've seen in a video game. 2. The beginning of the game is fun and engaging. What's done poorly. 1. Level scaling. By the time you hit level 40 and above, the game is incredibly unchallenging at normal difficulty, and on hard,Skyrim get's some things right, but ultimately it ended in disappointment. What's done right: 1. Map size and detail. Markarth is one of the most beautiful towns I've seen in a video game. 2. The beginning of the game is fun and engaging. What's done poorly. 1. Level scaling. By the time you hit level 40 and above, the game is incredibly unchallenging at normal difficulty, and on hard, fights are long and boring. 2. Economy. It's far too easy to acquire gold. It's amazing that there are still beggars in Skyrim. 3. Overall challenge. There is none. I can hit F5 whenever i sense danger and death can always be quickly circumvented. 4. Bugs and Patches. As expected, the game contained many bugs upon launch and most of these were tolerable, but when they released they're "patch" that introduced more bugs, it broke the game for me. I was disappointed to see such a lack of care. Now, I did put 70 hours into the game and the first 40 were solid (though the dark brotherhood was much better in oblivion in my opinion), but I can't bring myself to play it anymore when so many other quality games that involve true character development and provide a challenge are on the market. Expand
  87. Jan 15, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As many here, I was a fan of Morrowind and I bought the game when it was released. A solid 15 hours of fun it was, and then... The varnish went off: the game is dull and repetitive, and there is no sense of an epic progression. No legendary objects crafted aeons ago that would beat anything I'd make myself; no reward in becoming a thane, a guild's master or solving the civil war; a clunky menu, because, hey, it's a console port; a boring combat system with ridiculously cheap and unvaried animations. If anything, the whole action felt, well, generic. On top of that, and after roughly 30 hours, I am completely overpowered *** possible spoilers ahead ***: I'm a pure two-handed warriors with armor crafting and enchanting to the max, and it takes me two or three hits to kill an ice-dragon. Boring. Once you're past the discovery of the supposedly beautiful (I find them colourless) landscapes and of the skill system (which is OK), the game is nothing but a series of repetitive dull tasks, and you get NO sense of achievement whatsoever. Expand
  88. Jan 19, 2012
    Simply put, Skyrim is fun. There is a lot to do and a lot to explore. Eventually the quests get boring (with a few bursts of excitement I suppose) and you lose interest, mainly because of how long the game is. I found myself eventually just wanting to roam the world trying to find caves or treasures, ignoring all the quests.
    Skyrim is a pretty place. Very detailed and huge. With scary
    Skyrim is a pretty place. Very detailed and huge. With scary creatures and boring people in it.
  89. Jan 19, 2012
    Besides a few glitches that don't usually alter the main experience to much, skyrim is the best RPG I have ever played combining all the good things of The Elder Scrolls Series.
  90. Jan 24, 2012
    I won't waste a lot of time repeating what's been said. I love open end games that take a lifetime to fully explore. However, one thing I absolutely despise are the "run around" quests in games that are basically there just to keep the player in the game so they can make claims that it takes x amount of hours to complete. Skyrim if full of these. Gets old real fast.
  91. Feb 9, 2012
    After playing Skyrim and reading most reviews i found the scores were too high. Graphically its very good as is the control system. The storyline is very good with the element of choice having an effect on what happens next really makes the game play stand out. All great but its full of bugs like i have not seen in a while just looking at other sources for the game its apparent thatAfter playing Skyrim and reading most reviews i found the scores were too high. Graphically its very good as is the control system. The storyline is very good with the element of choice having an effect on what happens next really makes the game play stand out. All great but its full of bugs like i have not seen in a while just looking at other sources for the game its apparent that there are loads of them as well which is killing the game play. A good game that could have been the best ever but spoilt by bug issues which seem common but with no updates to sort out. Expand
  92. Feb 10, 2012
    A good game, with a few flaws that greatly diminish any replay value. Played a total 287 hours before i uninstalled though. Even one playthrough that hits all the major points is 60-80 hours easily, so well worth the money. First playthrough as a sneak archer finished. Second as a destro mage, quit at lvl 30 because it was beyond weak. Third 2h melee, almost completed, then just quitA good game, with a few flaws that greatly diminish any replay value. Played a total 287 hours before i uninstalled though. Even one playthrough that hits all the major points is 60-80 hours easily, so well worth the money. First playthrough as a sneak archer finished. Second as a destro mage, quit at lvl 30 because it was beyond weak. Third 2h melee, almost completed, then just quit out of boredom eventually. Once you've seen all the main quest stories once and have gotten a character to a point where it is powerful and you have all your abilities that you will ever really use, there is no point in continuing.

PROS: It's a great epic open world, and most of the main quest lines are actually pretty enjoyable (if not a bit predictable). Plenty of places to go, and really it's just fun to explore... at least at first. The world is very engrossing and entertaining despite any flaws. Personally i found the combat just fine, although others may disagree.
    CONS: The interface... the default interface and even with improved user mods is not great for pc. I didn't find it nearly as gamebreaking as some people, but there is an inherent disconnect between the keys and the mouse and which has priority on certain screens. The res of the textures isn't great and really requires a high res texture pack... after which it looks pretty great. Money has NO purpose after the very early game. On my first completion i had 300k in money and another 4-500k of stuff in my house. Following all the major quest lines doesn't really drive you to most of the minor cities. There are several i never visited even after doing all the major quest lines and finishing the main game quest. Eventually... all the tombs and ruins are just the same, gets a little tedious. Enchanting makes you an instant god once you get to 100... as does playing a sneak archer at all. If you max enchanting and blacksmithing (which there is no reason not to) you make more money than you can spend, you can buy all alchemy mats every time you are in town, and your gear will be better than anything you will ever find. Basically you can become a god at level 30 without having even left whiterun really. It makes no sense. The one exception being destruction mage which is completely broken, because at level 30 with max destruction, you can't even kill a bear without dipping into other trees and it still takes way too long. Destruction has no +damage enchants, so the damage scales incredibly poorly... in that it doesn't scale at all except for the perks in the tree which do not buff it enough. Dwarven ruins... all of them, are way too long and all look the same.
  93. Feb 14, 2012
    If you loved Oblivion you will love this game. It is what I expected when I heard about it being developed. With the recent release of the creation kit it can only get better, as it did with Oblivion. This game offers many unique paths you can take and many different ways down those paths. As with Bethesda tradition there are a variety of game-breaking exploits via tradeskills and were aIf you loved Oblivion you will love this game. It is what I expected when I heard about it being developed. With the recent release of the creation kit it can only get better, as it did with Oblivion. This game offers many unique paths you can take and many different ways down those paths. As with Bethesda tradition there are a variety of game-breaking exploits via tradeskills and were a lot of bugs upon release. The console commands could help you bypass the bugs to continue on your way but should that really be the way around them? Exploring off the trail is very rewarding and very exciting, quests are actually meaningful and generally not the usual "collect 10 wolf flanks," "kill 5 mudcrabs," or "pick up my dry cleaning and get me some coffee" that RPG's seem to love these days. There are many ways to improve this game, and they gave us the tools to do it as well. Any open-world RPG fan would be nuts to pass this over. Expand
  94. Mar 4, 2012
    This game is so boring! nothing to do.. walking around doing random thinks...
    Go play runescape! its free and of the same quality of this ****
    so overrated just like mario, cod, zelda, halo and ****
  95. Mar 7, 2012
    Skyrim: mediocrity incarnate. After giving in to the hype and paying the above average RRP at launch I was left feeling ripped-off. Bold claims had been made about Skyrim prior to its launch and it was safe to assume in the five years Bethesda had off after TES IV to make Skyrim significant improvements would have been made, as well as most if not all of the issues addressed. Needless toSkyrim: mediocrity incarnate. After giving in to the hype and paying the above average RRP at launch I was left feeling ripped-off. Bold claims had been made about Skyrim prior to its launch and it was safe to assume in the five years Bethesda had off after TES IV to make Skyrim significant improvements would have been made, as well as most if not all of the issues addressed. Needless to say that is NOT what happened, what did happen however is Bethesda made the combat both slightly more enjoyable and slightly more annoying with constant unskippable death-cam esque finishing moves and also added smithing which granted is fairly addictive. Other than that however Skyrim still has nearly all of the flaws present in its predecessors as well as a lackluster main story quest, and although the sidequests certainly aren't bad and offer more variety than their Oblivion and Morrowind counterparts the simple fact is they're not quite as well executed and as a result I often found myself lacking motivation to see most of them through. All in all I feel much of my dissatisfaction with Skyrim comes from the intensely hyperbolic promotional content released pre-release, ultimately Skyrim is enjoyble but certainly not as amazing as most of the mainstream press would have you believe. In it's current state I can't recommend Skyrim at full price, I'd say wait for the inevitable GOTY edition. Expand
  96. Mar 11, 2012
    The reason why I can't give Skyrim a better score is simple : Skyrim has been made for console. I was expecting so much. But once you begin to truly explore, it feel very repetitive and the control on PC are very so so.

It's still a good game, but I can't give more than 7.
  97. Mar 11, 2012
    Average Gameplay. Expect to "click to swing" alot. This is no Witcher. Below average graphics due to a poor console port. Below average controls due to a poor console port. Lack of multiplayer (even coop), which is cute for a sandbox rpg in 2011...wait, that's not cute, that's sad. Overall an average yet dated game held back ever further by the fact it's a poor port. I don'tAverage Gameplay. Expect to "click to swing" alot. This is no Witcher. Below average graphics due to a poor console port. Below average controls due to a poor console port. Lack of multiplayer (even coop), which is cute for a sandbox rpg in 2011...wait, that's not cute, that's sad. Overall an average yet dated game held back ever further by the fact it's a poor port. I don't recommend purchasing unless you are an oblivian fan boy, very lonely, or just don't play alot of games like this, in which case, you will probably foam at the mouth with misdirected bethesda love. Expand
  98. Mar 16, 2012
    Skyrim, a game so loved by many that people forgot to have social life or a normal life as well. I played the game trying to understand what the fuss is about but... I got bored pretty fast. At first I was astonished by the environments, the possibilities but then I realized something was missing: reward over time. It' very easy to say that you played this game for 200 hours where half theSkyrim, a game so loved by many that people forgot to have social life or a normal life as well. I played the game trying to understand what the fuss is about but... I got bored pretty fast. At first I was astonished by the environments, the possibilities but then I realized something was missing: reward over time. It' very easy to say that you played this game for 200 hours where half the time you just follow the mark on the map and walk. And walk. And walk. Minutes upon minutes of walking when nothing happens except the occasional wolf or the big monster that kills you in one shot and force you to start all over again. This superfluous padding could have been bearable if the combat system was interesting but the user-unfriendly interface made even combat annoying. If you like this kind of games here you will find great customization, a big open world to explore, lots of thing to do. Every time I try this kind of game I end up disappointed because freedom is useless if you don't have a compelling narrative or a purpose. Expand

1. Feb 29, 2012