8.2

1. Apr 25, 2015
    Was a great game, then they started forcing people to pay for mods. Bethesda and Valve have shown their true colours, and how can we stand for this? Fix the Workshop!
  2. Apr 23, 2015
    Paying for mods? Is this some kind of sick cruel joke? This decision makes Nintendo's decision to take ad revenue from YouTube streamers look smart. This game isn't worth playing without the mods.
  3. Apr 24, 2015
    Don't buy. Mods are being charged for on steam workshop. Have to pay $$$ to play user created content. Don't support the developers! they working with steam to earn money off modders.
  4. Apr 26, 2015
    Valve and Bethesda betrayed the community for their own wealth. They take a cut of 75% from paid mods. Imagine every mod you own costs a few dollars! And now Skyrim is not the only game you want to play with mods... You will pay hundreds of $$$$$ and only 25% go to the prostituted modders.. Thats moddern slavery. STOP the rape!
  5. Apr 26, 2015
    This game is neutered thanks to Valve, Bethesda and a legion of whores who can be bought on the cheap.
    Look forward to an app store clone in the making full of overpriced mini-dlc content. The well has been poisoned people and you know who you'll have to thank for that.
  6. Apr 26, 2015
    You know to me skyrim was a real deal I would pay 50 bucks plus the expansion and get tons of beatuful free mods to enjoy and hours of new gameplay.
    Now what you get is chance to make Valve even more rich by stealing money to the modders and asking players to pay for stuff which was born free!
  7. Apr 23, 2015
    Now with 1,000,000% more paid DLC, first horse armor now this. Greedy company is, greedy. I wouldn't buy another game from them if they paid me to take it.
  8. Apr 25, 2015
    Endless bugs, dull mainquest, nothing-to-do open world... and now the trojan horse of the modding comunity invasion. This game will sure be remembered. Bethesda, Valve; get gud.
  9. Apr 25, 2015
    paywalls for mods hurts everone please i want you to get mad and stand and say im a human being god dame it and im not gong to take this any more if we don't stop valve and bethesda now we will lose every thing please give this a 0 and save mods
  10. Apr 25, 2015
    Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs. Paid mods. Avoid at all costs.
  11. Apr 25, 2015
    Paid mods are **** cancer and do nothing except destroy the community. Valve and Bethesda are going to be hurt by this more than they will than the $20 they make off of the 10 people retarded enough to buy a mod.
  12. Apr 26, 2015
    This is more of a recommendation than a review.

I love this game a lot, but the entire community is being ruined by paid mods on the Steam Workshop. Yes, you may wonder why I post here and not on Steam, but these paid mods affect the entirety of the Skyrim modding community, and until this stops, Skyrim is going to be a near ruined game. I do not want this to happen, and therefore I
    This is more of a recommendation than a review.

I do not want this to happen, and therefore I leave a negative review.
  13. Apr 26, 2015
    Get farmville its got better graphics and pay mods at least have support.
    Or buy this game so bethesda and valve don't starve to death, we all know gaben cannot afford to miss a meal.
  14. Apr 24, 2015
    Used to be good with loads of mods now you need to pay for it, base game is **** and you need mods to acctually make it good, so if you like paying for unofficial patches buy it by all means, but it's not worth it anymore, game is **** without mods.
  15. Apr 24, 2015
    Paid mods. Do not support Valve or Bethesda. I will only be purchasing games from GOG.com (seriously, DRM free) GREENMANEGAMING.com and GAMERSGATE.com I will not purchase games on Steam until the reverse their decision and I will not be purchasing a Bethesda game until they remove paid mods. Never again. If you want to pay the modders add a donate button you dweebs.
  16. Apr 26, 2015
    A horrible day.Paid modding is added now and is killing the modding community.Once an ok game with mods is now utter trash.

Thank you Valve and Bethesda for ruining the modding community.
  17. Apr 26, 2015
    Skyrim truly is a great game with unlimited possibilities...when you have mods freely available. Without mods the game is subpar in all areas, and the recent paywall mod idea has destroyed the very reason for buying this game. Not only that, but they are on the path to destroying the entire concept of what a mod is- a modification done by a hobbyist and turning it into micro-dlc. ThisSkyrim truly is a great game with unlimited possibilities...when you have mods freely available. Without mods the game is subpar in all areas, and the recent paywall mod idea has destroyed the very reason for buying this game. Not only that, but they are on the path to destroying the entire concept of what a mod is- a modification done by a hobbyist and turning it into micro-dlc. This leads to modders not wanting to share their source materials and tips/tricks that could aid less experienced mod. From sharing to a paywalled modding community.

Skyrim truly has shot an arrow into their own knees with this paidmods move.
  18. Apr 26, 2015
    From one of my favorite franchises, to one i will avoid like the plague...How the mighty have fallen. This is a great game but Bethsoft have turned into greedy scum.
  19. Apr 26, 2015
    It a solid game as it is (vanilla), but to make more of it you will surely want to install a couple of mods. And they were free as they were made by modders that do it for love and fun. Now money grabbing bi* in Bethseda and Vulva want to charge for it and give measly 25% to the modders and keeping rest for themselves. Yea right.
  20. Apr 26, 2015
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 9,5/10. Оne of the best games.
    23,04,2015 - RIP game - modifications for money. in steam...
    Why did it?...very disappointed...
  21. Apr 25, 2015
    Bethesda has proven to be absolutely despicable with the recent changes to the Steam Workshop. They are tarnishing their reputation, and in doing so have caused the degradation of quality in their games.
  22. Apr 26, 2015
  23. Apr 23, 2015
    PAID MODS = DEAD GAME
    Congrats on killing one of the greatest things about PC gaming. You think people would still be playing TES Oblivion 9 years after launch if mods weren't free?
    Dream on, greedy pigs.
  24. Apr 24, 2015
    Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..
  25. Apr 24, 2015
    No Paid Mods NEVER

Los modders no son las putas baratas que hacen el trabajo que Bethesda no hizo en su momento.
    Mafiosos.
    Vergüenza puta vergüenza...
  26. Apr 26, 2015
    This game has it's problems, and it's strong points.

This game has it's problems, and it's strong points.

Bethesda tends to release expansive, games, brimming with potential, but their eyes also tend to be too big for their stomach so to speak. They end up releasing games brimming with bugs (Also in many of their games they seem incapable of actually making a normal humanoid head. Skyrim was the best so far at this). They've relied heavily on the mod community to fix these things after the beginnings of it in Daggerfall (where modding wasn't supported), with Morrowind, it was full on support for mods, and someone at Bethsoft should have rightfully gotten a huge pay raise. It helped make tons of loyal fans for the entire series, and if you think it didn't affect the success of the games? You are likely delusional.

Here are my problems with it.

Dumbed down. The removal of several systems that were present in previous iterations of the series were not an improvement. Skyrim often feels like it lacks customization.

Magic kind of sucks. It's been kind of going downhill for the entire series though, but there are several seemingly confusing oversights. Such as the lack of mark and recall spells.

Where are my vambraces? Sentence says it all.

The biggest downside now though: Paid mods. Yes the thing that skyrim relied on heavily since it's launch, and the thing Bethesda has been relying on for, idk a decade or so, is now open to purchase. Just like DLC, aren't you excited consumer? Oh and the creator of the content gets 25%, 45% going to bethsoft, and 30% going to Valve. So the person doing the work, gets a quarter on every dollar. Clearly a framework based on the outright exploitation of the work of others for financial gain. The legal issues alone are staggering, unlicensed student versions of 3dsmax, appropriation of the assets of others under a non-commercial license suddenly appearing in commercial mods, outright theft of mods, the fracturing of the modding community. It's a bad thing. They did this game in, but hopefully we can all stop it here. Paid mods? No more.
  27. Apr 26, 2015
    as much as i adore this game, the lore, the franchise and the community built around it. i cannot in good conscience support such blatant abuse of the community.

the community has done nothing but support bethesda and the elder scrolls over the years, creating countless stories, extensions, creations and resources, extending what would otherwise be good games into incredible and endlessly expansible worlds, magnifying the value and influence of their games 100fold.

terry pratchett HIMSELF(of discworld fame) was an advocate of free and open modding, creating for the art and passion of improving other people's experiences. he worked on the famous companion vilja mods for oblivion and skyrim, he would be rolling in his grave if he saw the desecration of the community he loved so dearly at the hands of valve.

the community is incredibly interconnected, with shared resources, tools, inter-dependencies of mods relying on other mods to function, and people creating odds and ends for the simple enjoyment of having others make use of them and grow as creators, many of those have gone into hiding, locked away their mods and resources for fear of having them be taken and sold by less scrupulous individuals.

mod theft was rampant on the workshop before this, with many creators struggling to reclaim ownership of their hard work, this system just serves to reward the thieves more than they already are. leaving the workshop to moderate itself has left accountability at an all time low

i DO believe modders should be supported for their work, but not at the expense of tearing apart the community, shoving valuable resources behind a paywall, removing already existing beloved creations just so they could be hidden behind a price tag.

donations or a system similar to patreon where users can support mod development is what should have been done, while not be beholden to pay for a mod that may or may not even WORK with their system. but a straight up cash gate, with bethesda and valve claiming the VAST MAJORITY of the income for themselves, and giving the mod creators the left over scraps is COMPLETELY ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT UNACCEPTABLE, these people have worked their asses off out of love for you and your platforms for nearly a decade, and you exploit them as slave labor.

mod authors should be SUPPORTED, not scammed, the community should not be forced to pay out of their pocket for something that may not work with their system, or may outright be stolen, if the work is good and truly does what it says, is neither exploitative and abusive, then people will gladly support it in droves. this cash gate is unacceptable and 90% of the community knows it, only the most shameless of sycophants are in support of this mess.

bethesda and valve, along with those who have betrayed the community, either deliberately or unwittingly, have driven resource creators and artists into hiding, caused some of the most brilliant community members to shun everyone and pack up their work, locking it away in the depths of their hard drives out of fear of exploitation

i recommend you take your business elsewhere, play something else, buy an under appreciated indie game, as long as bethesda continues to exploit the community that elevated them to where they are today, they deserve nothing but our scorn. if they come to their senses and make amends for this atrocity, then maybe the community can begin to heal and they will restore our shattered respect for them
  28. Apr 26, 2015
    Paid mods? Is this a joke?
    This game with mods it's amazing, but it worths ZERO without them.
    This greedy move will lead to the end of modding and to the start of modding piracy. Thanks Bugthesda, thanks Vulva.
  29. Apr 25, 2015
    Avoid at all costs if buying on steam. Recently added a paid mods "feature" which has ruined the spirit of the game and the community. Please please please avoid. Teach Valve and Bethesda what they did wrong.
  30. Apr 26, 2015
    As a paying customer I am enittled to my opinion on and will cry fowl when something is wrong

from my point of view.Paying for 3rd party mods / dlc / micro-transaction is a bad idea and should never have been allowed to be add to the steam work shop. This will only make game devs more lazy and release even more broken games, so the free labor of modders can fix it and then

and then charge the customer for it, and the devs get to keep most of the profits. The only

thing that made this game great ( for the most part ) was the free support from the people

making mods, and working with other modders to make the game even better. Now the devs want

it to be an extra fee for people to pay so they can make even more money off its customers

for work they had nothing to do with other then release "free" software ( that by buying the

game we really paided for ) that helps make it possible.
  31. Nov 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. As a huge fan of the series I hate to do this, i really do, and if i was just playing an ordinary game by an ordinary developer this would be getting a 8 or a 9. If i was just taking the first 5 hours, this would be getting an 8 or a 9. This weekend i have put a solid 35 hours into this game, so i feel like my review comes after some experience.
    Firstly, the positives.
    The game is interesting, the lore is good, the dungeons are varied and have interesting puzzles.
    Combat is improved, if not brilliant and the perks are quite neat.
    These positives are definitely enough to make the game interesting and playable.
    Now the negatives.
    The menus, OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL. How difficult is it to make a frigging spreadsheet, listing the weight, value and name of the item, and let me sort it by those things. Not to mention its all designed for a console, so i waste so much time clicking the wrong thing because the cursor doesn't map properly to the options.
    Secondly, the bugs, man this is difficult to play when it crashes to the desktop ever hour or so with no warning or error message, its just gone. AI does some silly stuff sometimes but i can get over that, its just the crashing to desktop for no apparent reason that's killing me.
    Thirdly, and this is my biggest and most important one, and more general too.
    I don't know if anyone else senses this, but the whole game feels less heroic and epic than Morrowind or Oblivion. Sure you fight dragons, but the game feels kind of scripted.
    ----Minor Companion Guild Spoiler alert---- (I don't say what happens just it doesn't take long)
    So the companion guild is supposed to replace the fighters guild, and it was my first stop. I expected hours of missions and working my way through the ranks to finally become the leader, which would come with benefits such as getting my cut from the other members of the guild i now lead, or special missions, or special perks or SOMETHING. I would have expected extra reputation but that is no longer in this game for some reason. But what happens? I finish the couple of quests in little over an hour and am suddenly head of the guild and my benefits amount to a big fat nothing. Oh i get some stupid axe that i already had weapons as good as. And what is the special quests i get after being the mighty leader? "Hey man, this guy has a wolf (a single wolf) in his house on the other side of the map, can you go kill it?" Yeah send the freaking head of the guild to do that for like 100 gold.
    Same deal with the mages, no benefit at all.
    ----End Companion Spoiler----
    That's ok, ill go work for a Jarl, and get a house and become a thane, surely that will come with benefits and affect the story somehow.
    Wrong, after all the work and money it takes to get there, its just another thing you do that has no real benefit except you can get away with small crimes.
    This game is suffering from what i call Fable-itis, you can even get married ( to random NPCs or no noteworthiness for no benefit). There's so much to do, but why bother. All of my Armour and weapons were crafted by myself and are drastically better than anything i find, the only thing i use that i found was an amulet.
    Even taking part in the Civil War seems to have little affect that i can see so far other than a change in NPC's that run the cities and no benefit to yourself.
    The other Elder scroll games made your character so important, in Morrowind you could join a great house and rise through it eventually building your own castle. How awesome and epic.
    In Oblivion when you were the master of the guild you were the MASTER. You got a cut of everyone's earning and could direct the attention of the guild, and you were famous because of it.
    Where is that in this game? Where is the epic story where you grow in power and fame? Sure there are some epic battles, but the Elder scrolls were never about that, they were about the heroes story from rags to riches, from a dirty prisoner to lord of all you see.
    The problem with Elder scrolls is the expectations that go with it, this game looks great, and plays pretty well, as my 35 hours playtime will show, but it just doesn't feel like a good Elder Scrolls game, and most fans of the series will realize this as the game progresses and they seem to be having less and less effect on the world.

1. Feb 29, 2012
  2. Feb 14, 2012
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012