8.1

1. Apr 26, 2015
    No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods. No more paid mods.
  2. Apr 25, 2015
    What is a great game is being ruined by a terrible industry of selling mods and marketing what was once a fantastic community. Disgusting and shameful.
  3. Apr 25, 2015
    Bethesda has proven to be absolutely despicable with the recent changes to the Steam Workshop. They are tarnishing their reputation, and in doing so have caused the degradation of quality in their games.
  4. Apr 26, 2015
    Introducing payed mods makes the score of your game go down, down dooown. Valve and Bethesda should be ashamed of themself.

From one of my favorite franchises, to one i will avoid like the plague...How the mighty have fallen. This is a great game but Bethsoft have turned into greedy scum.
  5. Apr 26, 2015
    This was an ok game but buggy as hell and on it's own not very memorable.
    The thing that made this game 9/10 was user created mods.
    Now that mods are monetized (thanks Bethesda) there is absolutely no reason for you to buy this game on PC.
    Get your DRM free hard copy for console and enjoy this mediocre crapfest. 3/10
  6. Apr 26, 2015
    A shame really. They had to fall back on this product and try to scam the community for fast cash after their The Elder Scrolls Online game was horribly mediocre and failed.
  7. Apr 26, 2015
    mod Paywall **** i wouldnt mind a mod donat button this game would have been dead years ago if it wasnt for the free mods. but now we have to pay for another paywall...
  8. Apr 26, 2015
    This game without mods - 4/10
    This game with mods - 10/10
    This game with paid mods - 0/10

Congratulations for destroying the biggest modding community in the world in one day, Valve.
  9. Apr 23, 2015
    PAID MODS = DEAD GAME
    Congrats on killing one of the greatest things about PC gaming. You think people would still be playing TES Oblivion 9 years after launch if mods weren't free?
    Dream on, greedy pigs.
  10. Apr 24, 2015
    Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..Paid mods gets a zero from me..
  11. Apr 24, 2015
    No Paid Mods NEVER

Los modders no son las putas baratas que hacen el trabajo que Bethesda no hizo en su momento.
    Mafiosos.
    Vergüenza puta vergüenza...
  12. Apr 26, 2015
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 9,5/10. Оne of the best games.
    23,04,2015 - RIP game - modifications for money. in steam...
    Why did it?...very disappointed...
  13. Apr 26, 2015
    Skyrim was, and still is, an okay game, but made better with mods. However, VALVe's recent introduction of paid mods on the Steam Workshop will almost certainly turn the modding community (which is what kept this game going long after it should have dies out) against each other, after years of harmony. They're even censoring donation links to the modders, all so VALVe and Bethesda can takeSkyrim was, and still is, an okay game, but made better with mods. However, VALVe's recent introduction of paid mods on the Steam Workshop will almost certainly turn the modding community (which is what kept this game going long after it should have dies out) against each other, after years of harmony. They're even censoring donation links to the modders, all so VALVe and Bethesda can take 75% of the money that we WILL NOT GIVE.

Damage has already been done, but VALVe, you can still fix this. All you need to do is by removing the option to pay, and adding a donation button, with at least 90% going directly to the modder. Until then, I will not support Bethesda and VALVe.

TL;DR: You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. Goodbye, VALVe.
  14. Apr 26, 2015
    It a solid game as it is (vanilla), but to make more of it you will surely want to install a couple of mods. And they were free as they were made by modders that do it for love and fun. Now money grabbing bi* in Bethseda and Vulva want to charge for it and give measly 25% to the modders and keeping rest for themselves. Yea right.
  15. Apr 25, 2015
    At one time, I would have rated this game around 8, I have always enjoyed playing it. That being said, I have uninstalled the game will no longer play it, or purchase anything from Bethesda again. Why? Paid mods. I cannot support a game, game developer, publisher, or content delivery network that would employ such a horrible scam.
  16. Apr 26, 2015
    Was a great game with mods. Now, this game is worthless, unless you ready to deal with a ridiculous mod community of costs and mods and modders that don't really care, and just come and go.
  17. Apr 26, 2015
    Paid Mods? What a joke. If you thought DLC was **** then boy oh boy are you in for a surprise with PAID **** MODS. Boycott Valve, boycott Bethesda and start living the life a pirate.
  18. Apr 26, 2015
    The game itself is fun and enjoyable.
    However, I do not nor will I ever support paid mod micro-transactions that profit the company rather than the modder. If Valve/Bethesda ever changes this stance, then I will change my score.
  19. Apr 26, 2015
    Valve and Bethesda are charging people money for Skyrim mods now. Mods are no longer free because of this. Stop being greedy and charging people money for every single god damn thing. Mods used to FREE. Keep them that way: FREE!
  20. Apr 26, 2015
    Great job Valve and Bethesda! Because of your decision to enable paid mods, I will NEVER buy anything from either of you and I will never use Steam again, no matter what you do. And I am not the only one doing this.
  21. Apr 24, 2015
    skyrim was great till they added Paying for mods on the workshop ....
    Valve and the developers are greedy taking 75% of the money for doing nothing
    I hate valve for being greedy
  22. Apr 26, 2015
    Pay for Mods needs an arrow to the knee! / Pay for Mods needs an arrow to the knee! / Pay for Mods needs an arrow to the knee! / Pay for Mods needs an arrow to the knee! / Pay for Mods needs an arrow to the knee!
  23. Apr 26, 2015
    I'd rather cuck my husband again than ever pay for a mod. Hell, I'd rather be cucked myself rather than pay for a mod. This is absolutely atrocious and needs to end.fff
  24. Apr 25, 2015
    game has gone far above advertised price with the monetization of everything with little or none going to the content creators and there is no quality control on portions of the game being charged for.
  25. Apr 26, 2015
    WAGE-THEFT, MICRO-TRANSACTIONS & YOU

Valve and Bethesda are now "servicing" PAID mods to gamers. The mod creators themselves only take 25% from it. These modders are "self-employed". Bethesda and Valve are not legally bound to these people. Valve and Bethesda reinvented Micro-transactions, already the most unethical business practice of the decade, and it is now an INDIRECT source
    WAGE-THEFT, MICRO-TRANSACTIONS & YOU

Valve and Bethesda reinvented Micro-transactions, already the most unethical business practice of the decade, and it is now an INDIRECT source of revenue, exploiting both gamers and modders for their hard work.

Nevermind modding was about enjoying your time with the game, having fun and giving back to the community. Now it's a business. Serious business. It involves money, trademarks and possible litigation over ownership of intellectual property.

Bethesda can now rely on modders to work for a pittance while cashing in the profits, at the same time avoiding ALL legal issues if there are ANY problems with said mods. Modders are on their own.

Bethesda is taking pretty much half of the profit, and modders (who are not employees, thus Bethesda doesn't owe them anything) are left to dry in the sand. No rights, no protection.

And if you think 25% is bad, you're not taking taxes into account. It's worse than bad.
  26. Apr 26, 2015
    This game has it's problems, and it's strong points.

This game has it's problems, and it's strong points.

Bethesda tends to release expansive, games, brimming with potential, but their eyes also tend to be too big for their stomach so to speak. They end up releasing games brimming with bugs (Also in many of their games they seem incapable of actually making a normal humanoid head. Skyrim was the best so far at this). They've relied heavily on the mod community to fix these things after the beginnings of it in Daggerfall (where modding wasn't supported), with Morrowind, it was full on support for mods, and someone at Bethsoft should have rightfully gotten a huge pay raise. It helped make tons of loyal fans for the entire series, and if you think it didn't affect the success of the games? You are likely delusional.

Here are my problems with it.

Dumbed down. The removal of several systems that were present in previous iterations of the series were not an improvement. Skyrim often feels like it lacks customization.

Magic kind of sucks. It's been kind of going downhill for the entire series though, but there are several seemingly confusing oversights. Such as the lack of mark and recall spells.

Where are my vambraces? Sentence says it all.

The biggest downside now though: Paid mods. Yes the thing that skyrim relied on heavily since it's launch, and the thing Bethesda has been relying on for, idk a decade or so, is now open to purchase. Just like DLC, aren't you excited consumer? Oh and the creator of the content gets 25%, 45% going to bethsoft, and 30% going to Valve. So the person doing the work, gets a quarter on every dollar. Clearly a framework based on the outright exploitation of the work of others for financial gain. The legal issues alone are staggering, unlicensed student versions of 3dsmax, appropriation of the assets of others under a non-commercial license suddenly appearing in commercial mods, outright theft of mods, the fracturing of the modding community. It's a bad thing. They did this game in, but hopefully we can all stop it here. Paid mods? No more.
  27. Apr 26, 2015
    as much as i adore this game, the lore, the franchise and the community built around it. i cannot in good conscience support such blatant abuse of the community.

the community has done nothing but support bethesda and the elder scrolls over the years, creating countless stories, extensions, creations and resources, extending what would otherwise be good games into incredible and endlessly expansible worlds, magnifying the value and influence of their games 100fold.

terry pratchett HIMSELF(of discworld fame) was an advocate of free and open modding, creating for the art and passion of improving other people's experiences. he worked on the famous companion vilja mods for oblivion and skyrim, he would be rolling in his grave if he saw the desecration of the community he loved so dearly at the hands of valve.

the community is incredibly interconnected, with shared resources, tools, inter-dependencies of mods relying on other mods to function, and people creating odds and ends for the simple enjoyment of having others make use of them and grow as creators, many of those have gone into hiding, locked away their mods and resources for fear of having them be taken and sold by less scrupulous individuals.

mod theft was rampant on the workshop before this, with many creators struggling to reclaim ownership of their hard work, this system just serves to reward the thieves more than they already are. leaving the workshop to moderate itself has left accountability at an all time low

i DO believe modders should be supported for their work, but not at the expense of tearing apart the community, shoving valuable resources behind a paywall, removing already existing beloved creations just so they could be hidden behind a price tag.

donations or a system similar to patreon where users can support mod development is what should have been done, while not be beholden to pay for a mod that may or may not even WORK with their system. but a straight up cash gate, with bethesda and valve claiming the VAST MAJORITY of the income for themselves, and giving the mod creators the left over scraps is COMPLETELY ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT UNACCEPTABLE, these people have worked their asses off out of love for you and your platforms for nearly a decade, and you exploit them as slave labor.

mod authors should be SUPPORTED, not scammed, the community should not be forced to pay out of their pocket for something that may not work with their system, or may outright be stolen, if the work is good and truly does what it says, is neither exploitative and abusive, then people will gladly support it in droves. this cash gate is unacceptable and 90% of the community knows it, only the most shameless of sycophants are in support of this mess.

bethesda and valve, along with those who have betrayed the community, either deliberately or unwittingly, have driven resource creators and artists into hiding, caused some of the most brilliant community members to shun everyone and pack up their work, locking it away in the depths of their hard drives out of fear of exploitation

i recommend you take your business elsewhere, play something else, buy an under appreciated indie game, as long as bethesda continues to exploit the community that elevated them to where they are today, they deserve nothing but our scorn. if they come to their senses and make amends for this atrocity, then maybe the community can begin to heal and they will restore our shattered respect for them
  28. Apr 26, 2015
    Paid mods? Is this a joke?
    This game with mods it's amazing, but it worths ZERO without them.
    This greedy move will lead to the end of modding and to the start of modding piracy. Thanks Bugthesda, thanks Vulva.
  29. Apr 26, 2015
  30. Apr 23, 2015
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - 9,5/10. Оne of the best games.
    23,04,2015 - RIP game - modifications for money. in steam...
    Why did it?...very disappointed...
  31. Nov 13, 2011
    BLAND BLAND BLAND.

How this can get 10's from 10's of critics is beyond me. Oh, I have a thing or two to say about that.. 1. Design is bland. Enviroments look just the same as Oblivion, with the same random-dungeon-generation as Oblivion, with the same lack of feeling, charisma, distinctiveness. It's like it couldn't be made better looking and equally uninteresting at the same time. None
    BLAND BLAND BLAND.

1. Design is bland. Enviroments look just the same as Oblivion, with the same random-dungeon-generation as Oblivion, with the same lack of feeling, charisma, distinctiveness. It's like it couldn't be made better looking and equally uninteresting at the same time. None of the enviroments are actually connected to any type of function - they're just made to look awesome. Large expances? Check. Walkways floating in the air? Check. Underground lighting and strange floating plants? Check. Oh, and I started as a feline with enhanced vision to see in the dark. Think I ever needed to use it? Nope! Chuck Testa.

2. Game mechanics are bland. Wow, I got a sword that does 15 fire damage instead of 10. THAT's CONSIDERABLE. Oh, this sword does frost damage instead of fire, NEVERMIND, damagetype almost never matters ANYWAY. Perks? Yeah, 20% more damage, 40% more damage, can it get more flavorful? Oh, what's that I hear? You can get 25% chance to make monsters bleed from axes or something? ... Sorry, I think I fell asleep. Automatic difficulity adjustment is back, btw! Hell, you're wearing the best armor possible? Well, be prepared to be slaughtered by peasants and iron-armed cave-men. All for a decent challenge, you know!

3. Spells are bland. Fear, Spark, Fireball, Tashas hideus laughter - sorry, made the last one up. That one would actually been interesting. Make X do Y for Z seconds. Step-n-repeat. All elemental spells have same structure: Low-level, medium-level, high-level, a bit more awesome level, I can guess what this is going to be level, and I couln't care less level.

4. Dragons? Yeah, **** fly-like-on-rails one-trick-pony kill-them-the-same-way dragons. All look the same. Try killing them with a close-range weapon? HAH!!! Yeah right. Try instead getting them glich-stuck behind a tree and spend 20 minutes waiting for your mana to recharge or your petty spells to do your work. Dragon powers? You can become a ventriloquist! With great power comes great responsiblities!

5. Inventory? HAH! Be ready to spend equal time in the horrible menu-system as watching the scenery go by, slowly on a horse with no name that can actually run - for 10 seconds - then plot along. Potions of healing and Potions of health and Potions of Regeneration and Potions of **** well, all these are going to be just a blast scrolling though. Some heal you. Some doesn't. You'll just have to find all of them again and again. Easy to recognize visual representations? Pff.. who needs'em. Up, down, left, right. Get ready to be confused. Select skills without jumping to another skill and trying again and again and again and again and almost destrying your keyboard? You wish!

Well, at least it doesn't have any bugs.. ..oh, wait.

1. Feb 29, 2012
  2. Feb 14, 2012
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012