8.0

1. Dec 29, 2012
    If your fun of a game is spoiled by glitches, do not get this game. I experience a bug/glitch ~every 5 minutes of playing, from crashing to killed NPCs falling through floors. The game is sometimes unplayable due to glitches and there are just so many of them. It is so close to being an amazing game! but it's ruined due to it feeling broken, rushed and unpolished.
  2. Jan 1, 2013
    The best thing I can say about Skyrim is that it makes a decent action game; even then there's much better to be had. Simply put, Skyrim pulls the "RPG" out of "action/RPG." RPGs are defined by the role-playing aspect that gives the genre its name. In a rather startling disconnect from previous Elder Scrolls installments and the Fallout series, very little about Skyrim actuallyThe best thing I can say about Skyrim is that it makes a decent action game; even then there's much better to be had. Simply put, Skyrim pulls the "RPG" out of "action/RPG." RPGs are defined by the role-playing aspect that gives the genre its name. In a rather startling disconnect from previous Elder Scrolls installments and the Fallout series, very little about Skyrim actually fosters a sense of immersion and attachment. Sure, you play the role of a hero or thief or whatever you decide Character creation, and its importance to most RPGs that feature this mechanic, is essentially written off as a minor hurdle in the beginning of the game; nothing about the process informs hardly anything save some inconsequential lines of dialogue. A given race has some minor initial bonuses in certain skills, but nothing a half hour of playing doesn't disrupt. Classes and specializations are nonexistent and skills are threadbare in an effort to make the game more "accessible" but instead serves to simplify the game to an insulting extent. You can roleplay as a given "class" only by choosing not to use other skills available and adhering to a certain gameplay style; ironic that a so-called RPG forces this to be the case. Combat is a bore; it basically revolves entirely around jumping to avoid attacks (or sometimes blocking, y'know, just to raise the skill to level up quicker) and pressing the attack button. Virtually no restrictions are in place in terms of gameplay: you can spend 30 hours playing as a warrior wielding greatswords then immediately begin your new life as a thief or mage with a little grinding (or if you're feeling lazy, exploitation of the level up system). This may appeal to some but those who enjoy depth of experience rather than breadth of content will probably be disappointed. This emphasis on amount of content over quality of experience spills over into the core game as well. The main quest is always there (without any sense of urgency behind it, by the way) but most of your time will likely be spent slogging through inconsequential fetch quests and contract killings that you can pick up barely interacting with anything, or by following the slightly more interesting yet still lackluster guild questlines. These are where the majority of the game's depth comes in, however little it is. Two days out of jail you can be the master of every faction and have singlehandedly won the war that ravaged the land. Two more aspects of RPGs Skryrim mostly abandoned, character and story development, are also one of its greatest offenses. I can count on one hand how many characters actually had a semblance of depth to them. Companion characters--more accurately called followers--do just that and not much else besides attack what you attack and haul your inventory. The importance of dialogue is negligible; you can learn everything about your active quest in the journal screen without having to hear the same recycled voice actors tell you. No choices with any narrative weight exist; the only choices I even noticed are ones that actually deprive you of achievements if you pick the wrong action (without the game even hinting to you of the consequence) and force you to reload a save or even replay the game to obtain them. Any fun there is to be had seems to be on the PC version if you install some cool mods, and even those can't fix what's already broken. With such a large world and so much to do in it, Skyrim tricks you into thinking it has scale where it counts, when in fact, it is nothing more than an expanse of content with the depth of a wheelchair ramp. I wasn't immersed; I wasn't entertained; but, as a fan of the RPG, I certainly did feel more than a little cheated. Expand
  3. May 16, 2013
    Only redeeming factor about this game is the soundtrack and countless mods. The developers released a broken product with countless bugs and errors; leaving it up to the community to finish the game for them. With that said, this game isn't my cup of tea. Sure the atmosphere is very inspiring, and the combat is enjoyable.

However the lore, story, characters, spells, UI, and just about

However the lore, story, characters, spells, UI, and just about nearly everything else is uninspiring and bland. There is really no incentive to continue playing after finishing the main story, the remaining portions of the game are generic in every way.
  4. Jan 13, 2014
    The game is very good, but crashes too often 2 years after release. It's disgusting and disrespectful for people, don't pay for it, let them learn this mistake.
  5. Feb 6, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I bought the game reading all the positive reviews and playing dishonored(another Bethesda studios game). But after playing it i find it hugely overrated. There is nothing in this game. The graphics are slack, story pretty ordinary. All you'll do is roam from one city to another and fetch some souvenir. Certainly not worth the time. Expand
  6. Apr 18, 2014
    Out of date graphics back to 2005 level, no engaging plot, emotionless NPC, so boring gameplay. I tried this POS on my brother's PC for one night, so I am glad I got the fact that this is just a super hyped POS. But I really heard of the fun from mod. Sadly, I am totally not interested in mod. I feel this game is at most just a sandbox for players to add endless mods... roaming and enjoyOut of date graphics back to 2005 level, no engaging plot, emotionless NPC, so boring gameplay. I tried this POS on my brother's PC for one night, so I am glad I got the fact that this is just a super hyped POS. But I really heard of the fun from mod. Sadly, I am totally not interested in mod. I feel this game is at most just a sandbox for players to add endless mods... roaming and enjoy in their creatures. How brainless... Expand
  7. Aug 24, 2014
    Playing this game is a challenge, and not in the good sort of way. The challenge comes from trying to deal with all the bugs. Not small annoying bugs, but at times showstoppers that require you to use the console to continue game play.
  8. Apr 26, 2015
    This was an ok game but buggy as hell and on it's own not very memorable.
    The thing that made this game 9/10 was user created mods.
    Now that mods are monetized (thanks Bethesda) there is absolutely no reason for you to buy this game on PC.
    Get your DRM free hard copy for console and enjoy this mediocre crapfest. 3/10
  9. Apr 27, 2015
    This game is pretty good without mods. It still holds up as a solid 6/10. With the right mods, it's right up to a 9.8/10. Basically perfect. With paid mods, I'd give it a 4/10 just for the money grabbing on the part of Valve and Bethesda.
  10. Nov 11, 2011
    Thumbs up Bethesda!! once again you released a barely unplayable **** game, leaving it for modders to fix it...
    Well, this game ended up being a terrible console port after all..No surprises. I'm sure most people playing this game don't care. But as a PC gamer, this is unacceptable. The irony that on PC, it's virtually unplayable with a mouse and keyboard... Don't bother getting it if you don't have a 360 controller. The UI was made for controller only. And sadly you will have to go through menus quite a bit. There's some hot-keys and a 'favorites' menu but it really is poor. Combat system is also appalling, we're close to 2012 and Bethesda still hasn't learnt a thing yet. It really feels awkward when swinging your weapon. Your just slashing your way at an enemy, occasionally blocking and pulling back until a random finishing kill pops up. Using magic and weapons during combat is a pain in the neck. You have to un equip your weapon to use spells, and re equip your weapon once your done.
    AI is not that great either to not say worse. There's more actors this time but most of them have boring dialogues and feel they forced. Finally, I haven't played the game enough to comment on the world but so far it feels and looks dull. I'm still laughing how all reviewers seem to give crap games like this a 9.0 - 9.5..
  11. Nov 11, 2011
    Didn't give a zero for review cause they still managed to port this game from the 360. I highly like RPG games and been playing Elder Scrolls since Daggerfall but after playing a few hours it doesn't grab me at all like Morrowind or Oblivion. The fights are absurdly easy, doesn't require any skill (another game gone bad due to xbox ports). I liked the graphics in Morrowind more then inDidn't give a zero for review cause they still managed to port this game from the 360. I highly like RPG games and been playing Elder Scrolls since Daggerfall but after playing a few hours it doesn't grab me at all like Morrowind or Oblivion. The fights are absurdly easy, doesn't require any skill (another game gone bad due to xbox ports). I liked the graphics in Morrowind more then in this game. Strolling through the map is one of my favourite things to do in other Elder Scroll games but this game doesn't offer any fun in doing so. Its one big hyped RPG suited for the XBox generation... very sad Expand
  12. Nov 12, 2011
    No STATS. No character doll. Stupid consolish interface. Outdated DirectX9 engine. Lot of low-res textures. Sometimes funny psychics. Combat is dull and simple. etc. etc.
  13. Nov 13, 2011
    Simply terrible. This is the worst Elder Scrolls game I've ever played, and I've been playing them for many, many years. I don't know what Bethesda was thinking, but they simply failed miserably on this one, and never again will I give Bethesda MY heard earned money for any game with Bethesda anywhere near it.

First and foremost, the game is unfinished. It should have stayed in

First and foremost, the game is unfinished. It should have stayed in development for another 3-6 months. The UI horrible. The worst ever in a Elder Scrolls game. It's a main in the @** to navigate because it was designed for consoles, and Bethesda was too lazy to fine the UI for the PC version. If my $60 is going to support a company who is too lazy to spend a couple more days to refine the UI for the PC version, then I'll send that $60 elsewhere next time.

Secondly, the combat. They went backwards instead of forwards with the combat. The screen pitches and rolls far too much. It makes me nausea and dizzy, so I started playing from third person view, which is undoubtedly, not properly implemented. It has input lag where the first person view does not, and the animations are laughable. Not to mention, avoid those trolls because they'll send you flying 200 ft in the air with one swing. Good job Bethesda! Don't take that in a positive way, because it's not -- it's meant to be a smart-@** remark telling you good job on screwing this one up after years of anticipation. Not to mention, the map system simply is terrible. Additionally, they should have just left the map out if they weren't going to do any better than this. It's so terrible it's not even usable. It doesn't help with navigation at all, unlike in Oblivion. Then within 30 minutes it the game they make you spend 30-45 minutes trying to find your way through this mountain to get to your next objective. What in the hell was Bethesda thinking if anything? I can see this after playing the game for 4-6 hours, but not as a second step in the main quest within 30-45 minutes of starting the game. Shameful Bethesda, you are now simply terrible.

The ONLY reason I even gave this game a 1 is because of the soundtrack, or it would have simply just gotten a 0. Bethesda, patch this pile of junk you released, redo the UI so it's mouse friendly, fix the lag in the third person view, fix the trolls, revamp the map, because it simply sucks, add more presentation to the game, because as it is it's just a simple mindless quest grind with voice over until you reach the end of the story. There is simply nothing in the game that drives the story forward Go visit BioWare and take some lessons from them -- you can learn a lot from them. Trust me, because you flopped on this game.

$60 I wish I had kept.
  14. Nov 15, 2011
    Massively disapointed in this game. Horrible UI (obvious and awful console-port), if you haven't played the previous games you will be completely lost attempting to do many things--they are not explained at all. The graphics are bad, characters all look like unwashed creepy meat-puppets. 20h in, the story still hadn't done anything to grab me. And the combat, good lord the combat. WorstMassively disapointed in this game. Horrible UI (obvious and awful console-port), if you haven't played the previous games you will be completely lost attempting to do many things--they are not explained at all. The graphics are bad, characters all look like unwashed creepy meat-puppets. 20h in, the story still hadn't done anything to grab me. And the combat, good lord the combat. Worst I've played in an rpg...ever...maybe as bad as Witcher 2's, but it's basically the same so that's probably why. 1st person rpg sword-slashing simply Does. Not. Work. Playing a mage was slightly less annoying, but still wholly un-compelling. I gave it a 1 because the mountains are pretty. So there's that... Expand
  15. Nov 19, 2011
    Usless port.manny bugs.intro with no brain.menus are not made for pc.graphics are not what they are on screenshots (i have 2 gig on graphic memory).almost no help.i got no bond with the game or story within 15 mins as i had with other rpg games.stupid metod to see what better gear u get or have ...
    it gets 1 coz its an rpg title nothing more.THIS GAME SUCKS !!
  16. Dec 20, 2011
    Bethesda sells this game as a RPG, yet it's a adventure game. Three stats, blande forge system, buy 1000 daggers to do a greatsword? really? Lot's of fetch quests, dungeons look the same. Bad voice acting sounding the same over and over, uninteresting writing in the main quest.
    Basically, if you sell it like a RPG, it should be a RPG.
  17. Dec 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Where do you begin with a game like Skyrim? At first I was thrilled, but by the point I had beat all the guilds, mainquest, civil war, Deadric quests, and most the miscellaneous, I realized this was the pinnacle of the complete devolution of the Elder Scrolls as a series. The guilds lack depth and have no purpose. A hack and slash barbarian can lead the College of Winterhold by fighting through a few linear dungeons. The Dark Brotherhood is shorter than Oblivion and lacks the dark humor and unique kills. Most assassinations are simply, go here and kill this guy with a marker over his head. The Companions are equally short and devoid of challenge. Every guild treats you like an outsider then after three quests blindly trust you to be the next leader. Once you become guild leader the random filler quests generated are so repetitious you will be burned out quickly. The Thieves Guild is extremely guilty of this. The random thievery quests are so unoriginal and for a game the prides itself in its AI the people basically let you rob them blind. If they detect you don't worry, they won't call the guards and you can walk back in an hour latter and rob them again. Then there is the fact that there are no actual consequences to your actions as almost all the characters even slightly related to a quest are made unkillable. For a game that prides itself in character choice, why do I have no choice in this matter? The perks are poorly implemented and completely unbalance the game. They will leave you one shotting any enemy with a bow, enchanting armor to cast entire magic schools with no cost, and other outrageous feats that remove all challenge from the game. In just three hours you can craft a god-tier suit of armor and kill everything (except half the NPCs with immortality) in the game. The crafting system has no depth and isn't even related to you respective skills. Why can a character with 15 in smithing craft an item at every attempt? Let me see anyone inexperienced in smithing create a dagger at every attempt. And did I mention weapons don't decay after use, hardly the pinnacle of realism or even providing adequate challenge. I mean if weapons don't decay why even have magicka deplete with spells cast? The civil war quest line is a joke, both sides are mirrors of each other and don't even use different tactics in battle. The main quest is predictable with a typical enemy that has no real motives other than destroy everything. At least Dagoth Ur had motives. He wanted to unify Morrowind against the Empire's invasion at any cost. Skyrim's main enemy is a dragon that wants to destroy the world, how original. Then there is the matter of the new AI system which the developers clearly banked on generating worthwhile and memorable quests. Quite simply it completely fails to generate quests with any degree of complexity. Furthermore, the Norse culture and lore seems like a secondhand rehash of established fantasy clichés. Overall this game hardly even qualifies as an RPG. So much has been streamlined since Morrowind and Oblivion. Even custom spell creation is gone. Nearly every quests has only one way to complete it and it usually involves killing/finding an item that has a magic arrow over its head leading you directly to it. Sure the graphics and environments are nice, but they're nothing amazing compared to the current crop of PC games. Justify this games greatness with the rave reviews, record sales, or mountains of cash it has generated but time will be its ultimate judge. This is just another example of a studio catering to the masses to maximize profit and everyone is eating it up. So this concludes my review of The Elder Scrolls: Call of Duty Expand
  18. Jan 15, 2012
    How can you release a PC game with broken binds!? It's bad enough that I'm forced to bind spells and weapons to number keys only, but then these vanish into thin air a few minutes later! What a thoughtless console port. The mouse lag in menus is also unforgiveable. Numerous online solutions have failed to correct these problems. I have spent more time trying to make this pos game playableHow can you release a PC game with broken binds!? It's bad enough that I'm forced to bind spells and weapons to number keys only, but then these vanish into thin air a few minutes later! What a thoughtless console port. The mouse lag in menus is also unforgiveable. Numerous online solutions have failed to correct these problems. I have spent more time trying to make this pos game playable than actually playing the game. Do yourself a favor and either buy the console version or play somethign else. Expand
  19. Feb 6, 2012
    I didn't play a worse game. This game is totally stupid, overhyped and bad graphics. I've played it only 1 and half an hour, but this game makes me fockin' sick. Just delete this stupid game from the world.
  20. Feb 23, 2012
    Most overrated game ever. I got about half way through the main quest, and did a few sidequests that didn't involve collecting about 50 of random items. I only did half of the main quest as I got bored every time I played this, and quit after a while, due to this. The reason I kept playing until then? It was a game I wanted to like, due to the reviews. But there were too many problems. TheMost overrated game ever. I got about half way through the main quest, and did a few sidequests that didn't involve collecting about 50 of random items. I only did half of the main quest as I got bored every time I played this, and quit after a while, due to this. The reason I kept playing until then? It was a game I wanted to like, due to the reviews. But there were too many problems. The menus are horrible to navigate, and the skill tree menu confused me.
    The AI are stupid, i'll usually find a few NPCs and enemies walking into walls.
    There are so many glitches in the game, it became unplayable at one point, and I had to re-install it because of it.
    The physics are so bad. Countless times I have picked a jug or something similar up, and it's bounced off a wall, and flown into me, killing me.
    The graphics are horrible on the max settings, even with the HD Texture Pack, recently released, which I re-installed the game for.
    And, my god, the fans. If I mention to some people on a forum or on a game online, i'll be called a troll. I am not a troll for disliking something you like. And don't even get me started on the "Arrow to the knee" fad.
    There are some good points, but only because they made me laugh. The Fus Ro Dah shout made my ribs hurt from laughter, mainly because of how the people ragdoll. Especially fun when you find a Goat on a mountain.
    The range of weapons and armor is massive and the map is huge.
    The Dragons are an interesting feature, but beyond broken.

I wanted to like this game, but it was just one of the worst gaming experiences I have ever had.
  21. Jul 20, 2012
    Skyrim is truly an awful game, there's no reward for anything you do, it's just countless repetitive **** stacked one after another, quest after quest, fight after fight. Skyrim has no direction what soever, the game throws you into a world where all you can do is put 100's of hours into it and get hideously overpowered for no beneficial reason at all. It's a game for children, not aSkyrim is truly an awful game, there's no reward for anything you do, it's just countless repetitive **** stacked one after another, quest after quest, fight after fight. Skyrim has no direction what soever, the game throws you into a world where all you can do is put 100's of hours into it and get hideously overpowered for no beneficial reason at all. It's a game for children, not a professionally made PC game. Period. Expand
  22. Sep 5, 2012
    I will try to sum up how bad this game is: 1.) The story sucks, actually is practically non existent 2.) 85% of the game is made up boring fetch quests 3.) The game is level scaled. When you level up, then the enemies do the same 4.) The game is simple, even a 6 year old could play this. It is not challenging at all 5.) The RPG elements have been dumbed down so far that they are nowI will try to sum up how bad this game is: 1.) The story sucks, actually is practically non existent 2.) 85% of the game is made up boring fetch quests 3.) The game is level scaled. When you level up, then the enemies do the same 4.) The game is simple, even a 6 year old could play this. It is not challenging at all 5.) The RPG elements have been dumbed down so far that they are now practically non existent. This game is just a standard hack and slash 6.) 98% of all caves, dungeons, etc. are 100% linear. There is only 1 path, thats it. 7.) The inventory system is HORRIBLE. Bethesda can sell millions of copies of this **** game, but they just do not have the professional pride to actually design an efficient inventory system. 8.) There are no challenging or super powerful enemies 9.) Money has no value in this game, it is worthless. 10.) To level up your skills (alchemy, blacksmith) you have to grind so much, that it is ridiculous. 11.) There are no super powerful items in the game. The best items can only be created by your character (with generic ingredients) 12.) Exploring does not reward you in any way. It is just a waste of time. 13.) Companions are only good as mules, because they are retarded 14.) The Dragons are a joke. Simple and way too many of them. 14.) Potions are worthles (except for crafting items) because the game is not challening at all. 15.) You can find everything in abundance, there is nothing rare in this game. 16.) Why are worthless plates, cups, goblets etc. collectable? All they do is clutter up your inventory and are totally worthless! --- I could go on forever. It doesn't matter though. This game is horrible, it is the pinacle of bad game design dumbed down to a level so that retards can play it. It is the worst "RPG" or "Hack and Slash" I have ever played, and one of the worst games I have ever played. It sucks. Thats it. Expand
  23. Dec 1, 2012
    How can I enjoy a glitchy call of duty black ops RPG engine with gameplay all the way back from Morrowind. Go play Monster hunter if you really want to hunt dragons. Come on Spike TV were you drunkk. Link to Past has a better over-world. Bethseda how did you get here oh yeah I remember you went to Las Vegas. Heck go play Duck hunt.
  24. Apr 3, 2013
    This is a fantasy gone wrong. The gameplay is too long, combat sucks, the general plot makes it worst. Only good stuff this has is graphics. Everyone was hyped up about it, made me waste my time. Don't waste your time
  25. Apr 21, 2013
    I played this game for 250+ hours and it locked up. The recovery took almost two days and then it did the same thing again! I had my system checked and passed with flying colors! I think it stinks that the company can`t or won`t do anything about this. The game is fantastic while it works. I really enjoyed it while it lasted but will buy nothing from this company again!!!
  26. May 26, 2013
    Skyrim would've been a great game if it was in the rightful set of hands that truly had the compassion for the Elders Scrolls series. The concept of Skyrim is great, but was very poorly executed. The A.I is terrible. I thought I was in a world where I was surrounded by people who were lobotomized. The animations were poorly done. The followers are useless. Instead of them helping me out ISkyrim would've been a great game if it was in the rightful set of hands that truly had the compassion for the Elders Scrolls series. The concept of Skyrim is great, but was very poorly executed. The A.I is terrible. I thought I was in a world where I was surrounded by people who were lobotomized. The animations were poorly done. The followers are useless. Instead of them helping me out I found myself helping them out because they were being slaughtered by the enemies. Theirs simply not enough control over them. The bugs and glitches are migraine creators, and some can impact quests to which you're unable to complete. Don't bother to ask how to fix it on Bethesda's official help forums because the staffs are way to busy on other things rather than to help you with your technical support needs. On April 15, 2013 Bethesda announced that they're no longer releasing DLCs therefor leaving us with unanswered questions.. Who's the next ruler of Skyrim? What is the deal with the Thalmor? those two are the main ones that needs to be answered. Skyrim needs a well deserve ending, not to be shafted. The Storyline was OK, but not great. I know kids who can create a better story then what was presented to us. The price of this game was outrageous. NOT worth it IMO. Skyrim is an incomplete beta project that should've never been release to the public. Without mods this game would be terrible. The menu's were designed for Xbox users, not PC. Without mods this game would be unbearable to play. I'm very concern for the next Elders scrolls game under Bethesda control. Expand
  27. Apr 27, 2015
    One of the RPGs ever made. It has so much content, it can keep you playing for weeks.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  28. Aug 21, 2013
    never feel like i am playing a game it's like doing work ...not enjoyble
    very very boring game....point to be notice here
    1. very dull animation
    2. lots of bug &technical error
    3. graphic is not so good too
  29. Aug 23, 2013
    Regarding skyrim This game is not for kids, its extremely violent. The game started out great! Then the vampire stuff started, my warrior had to take magic spells and thus became a mage. The advertisement on this game implied it was about killing dragons. This just sucks you into buying the game. $63.00 for the new addition. I am not adverse to games that have killing but skinningRegarding skyrim This game is not for kids, its extremely violent. The game started out great! Then the vampire stuff started, my warrior had to take magic spells and thus became a mage. The advertisement on this game implied it was about killing dragons. This just sucks you into buying the game. $63.00 for the new addition. I am not adverse to games that have killing but skinning human flesh? At one point in this game I had my head cut off! I was really shocked! Now at a level 31 I can't be a warrior because of all the magic involved. This could have been a wonderful game. They need to study World of warcraft, those folks know how to make a game that has lasted and leave the warriors what they are. That's why Blizzard still has millions of people still playing their game. Kids can play world of warcraft, they should not play Skyrim at all if under 18 years old. Expand
  30. Mar 12, 2014
    Simplemente, aburrido. Buenos gráficos, un gran mundo para explorar y mucha libertad. No está mal, supongo... para el que prefiera eso a una buena historia, personajes carismáticos y algo de personalidad.

Pd: si buscas un RPG, mira en otra parte. Aquí no tenemos de eso.

1. Feb 29, 2012