8.4

1. Sep 15, 2014
    Skyrim is the best RPG even after a number of years in release. It set the gold standard for RPGs. Take a look at the gamers reviews which gave it a negative rating and you will know they lie through their teeth. Even the poorest done parts of the game are not less than a 7 rating. Skyrim is a work of art down to the smallest details. Now, add in the great ability to mod the game and you know that the lowest possible rating for this game has to be an 8. So, There is nothing out there in the way of RPGs that have not learned from the Elder Scrolls series. And when there are new innovations in RPGs to be had it will be the Elder Scrolls series which first brought them to the gaming world. Skyrim sits on top and will continue to sit on top. Expand
  2. Sep 14, 2014
    i bought this game on steam for 7.49, one of the best deals I've ever made in gaming. The graphics, music, and environment of Skyrim is amazing and unique. The PC version works pretty well and even ran on my old laptop. The gameplay is fun and the world feels large and interesting encouraging exploration. The K+M controls of Skyrim were ok except when in dialogue or the inventory. The UI is where the game really lacked. The UI consisted of blocky lists that were hard to navigate and manage. The quests were ok though some may be shallow and repetitive. The game also lacked on animations, and the bugs were plentiful. However, don't let these shortcomings deter you from buying the game as many of these problems (UI, Animations, and Bugs) can be fixed with mods. Expand
  3. Sep 14, 2014
    Honestly, this game deserves more than 7/10, but I didn't like it that much. The world is expansive and fun detailed as hell and the missions are varied. Personally, however, I disliked the game for the promise of RPG elements, but instead I received barely differentiated classes, boring skill trees, and little to no weapon diversity. For those who prefer a more action oriented game from elder scrolls, play this game. The "problems" that I mentioned were just nitpicks and personal dislikes. Expand
  4. Sep 14, 2014
    The best medieval RPG game available for PC. I have played every single player RPG available and I must say I have never enjoyed anything as much as I enjoyed skyrim. You have to play this to experience its unique and amazing world and words aren't enough to describe how good this game is.
  5. Sep 13, 2014
    This is that one game that I'll always love and will never get old. It's the one game I can keep coming back to when every other game bores me. With mods on the PC version and the ability to customize so much in the game, from graphics to characters and quests, there's endless content here.

Yes, Skyrim has a lot of bugs, and it is a shame. However, that's the only negative thing I can
    think of and after patching, they're minimized. Plus, on PC they're not as big of an issue (console fix).

The biggest thing that Skyrim has done better than its predecessors is offer the most superb level design and environments, far better than Oblivion and Morrowind's repetitive dungeons that all look the same. Even the draugr crypts in Skyrim have unique layouts, unique stories, NPCs, etc. The only repetitive aspect is that they're filled with draugr. I'm amazed how many dungeons are in this game and how beautifully crafted they all are. The outdoor environments are great, too.

Combat is so much better than previous games. Music is fantastic (as always for ES games), graphics are better and mind blowing with mods enabled. Dialogue isn't the greatest but is still an improvement over past games. Quests are mixed - I would say this is one area where the series didn't really improve, but they're still good and some of them (e.g., Thieve's Guild) are a lot of fun.

The lore of the game, as always, is enchanting. I love reading all of the books, some of them are so well-written, clever and adventurous.

Skyrim has everything you could want in a single-player RPG. Open world, exploration, immersion, beauty, roleplaying potential, fun combat (mostly), customization, some clever quest subplots, great lore, the list goes on. Truly a magical game that will probably never be matched, until ES:6 comes out.
  6. Sep 13, 2014
    If you love the Elder Scrolls series you will love this game. There's lots to do and the stories are fine, once you get get your bearings. Though the game seems to have made a change to be more MMOish. Especially in the "talent" system. The game crashes far less than other ES games. I feel it's not as good as some other games in the ES series. It often feels story was ignored because you have a pointer on your map leading you by the nose. But there are so many locations on the map, it becomes necessary to have the pointer later. However it is a brilliant step towards Bethsada preparing the series to be a multiplayer in the future. As many of the changes seemed to be based on MMO pvp balances. And because of this it's few flaws and subtractions can be over looked. Expand
  7. Sep 12, 2014
    On the surface, the game looks impressive, but dig a little deeper and you realise that there really isn't much depth in the world of Skyrim. Most questlines are unimaginative, without substance, and overall a bit disappointing. The infinite quests system is also the very epitome of lazy and unsatisfying quest design. Unfortunately when it comes to the AI, the game doesn't get much better either. Too often I'm left with NPCs standing in doorways blocking my way or enemies running into walls. Additionally, the UI is hardly optimum for PC, as it prefers being stylish over functionality and quick access. Fortunately, some of these issues can be vastly improved with mods, though a game on release shouldn't have to need mods in order to good.

At least the game has nice visuals, and gameplay mechanics are decent for the most part. Modded versions are somewhat entertaining, vanilla not so much. Either way, don't expect to be gripped by an engaging storyline or very intuitive quests, because you won't find it here.

Overall rating - 7.4/10
  8. Sep 12, 2014
    Probably the most overrated game made within the last 5 years. I like the open world. I like how there's many different leveling paths for both crafting skills and combat skills split up into different trees so that doing just about anything counts towards leveling in some way, it's a unique and refreshing system.
    Sadly, everything else about this game sucks. The combat sucks. The dialogs
    suck. The quests and many of the things you can do either suck or are not interesting. I think the fault to the story is that it's just not told very well, so it's very hard to get into it. Another problem, is that coming off of playing WoW for years, I feel like there should be more interaction within an open world like this, however it's nonexistent.
    The combat is also very bad, and I'll give an example from when I started playing:
    I just started the game and am wandering around after getting outside while my brother is watching. See a giant, decide I'm going to go kill it. My brother says, "No, it's way too high level, you'll get killed." Despite this claim, I kite the giant around shooting lighting at it, since I'm a magic user, after taking 20 or so minutes finally kill it. I say, "Not so threatening now huh?"
    The combat never gets more complicated than hit things with combat skill and they eventually die, it's very one-dimensional and makes the combat uninteresting.
    Unfortunately, because of all these things, I couldn't finish Skyrim because I became bored of it. On top of that it feels like it should be an MMO, however even compared to WoW it makes for a weak MMO because WoW has a really good combat system.
  9. Sep 11, 2014
    I must say that after actually playing this game I am very surprised that anyone rated it under a 6.... because even if I hated the game's story, concept, and mechanics it still deserves at least a 6. My only real complaints are that the map provided in the game is really quite insufficient and you'll find yourself downloading yourself an improved map from the nexus mod site real fast. Also the UI is designed for a gamepad so if you are trying to use the keyboard which I do not recommend with this game you will have a heck of a time navigating the menus and inventories. So if you use keyboard you'll also want to download an improved UI. But really this issue is easily resolved just by plugging your 360 controller into your computer instead of trying to be a "keyboard elitist." And the game plays much smoother in doing so. The graphics have some of the best optimization that I have ever seen.... and most computers that are from 2008 or newer should be able to run the game on max settings and get a result that is better graphics at higher frame rates than one would expect. Gameplay takes a while to get used to, especially if you did not play Oblivion. Combat highly depends on what weapon you are using. You probably want to try some melee or magic attacks before anything else. The sound effects are great, as is the music - however I do tend to turn music off in games after a while. I have run into a few bugs, mainly things like objects rolling around on their own.... but I have not seen anything even close to "game breaking."

Overall this is one of the few games that deserves its high appraisal from the paid reviewers. I feel that after playing the game many of the 0's and 1's for ratings are falsified, most likely by people who never even played the game. I say this because of the fact that the first few negative reviews I even saw all had lies in them.... as when I came across where said cons were supposed to be in the game they weren't there at all.
  10. Sep 4, 2014
    Commercial, commercial, commercial, once more commercial.... And game is MEGA simplified in relation to Morrowind, even Oblivion...

Bad things (more of them, so I will start with them):

#Combat system - one of the worst that Ive seen in RPGs. Melee is just button masher with cluncky animations, slow, unintuitive and boring, shield/weapon bashing make it even worse, and Dragons are
    just dissapointing... Just no depth here in combat....
    #World and its design - empty world without depth, even worse towns, after some hours there is no motivation to explore, just boring... Some creatures and its design here are really awesome, but you can only count it on fingers of one hand, and where da hell are Daedra Creatures or Oblivion Planes?.... World is just generic designed, once again boring, developers dont care about world detailing....
    #Story/Side quests - I just dont want to go with story forward after some main quests, there are too many generic and boring side quests, some guild quests are interesting, but not many of them...
    #Character development - who simplified it? No statistics? Its just self KO, status bars, skills and perks system is just bad, and not interesting, one of the worst leveling system...
    #Gameplay - controls and travelling around is well done, but bad combat system, overall world boringness and overpowered crafting makes it not so appealing and boring again...
    #RANDOMNESS OF THE GAME! NO DEPTH IN GAME/ATMOSPERE!

So lets go on with good things:

#Music - some of the tracks are godly-great and memorable,
    #Some weapons and armor design - some models are very worth looking on it,
    #Legendary difficulty with patch added - its really cool try, but game mechanics and combat is that bad, that it only gives some tiny little more enjoyment....
    #Crafting - its some innovative step forward, but it too overpowered, anyway overall is good addition,
    #Open world/Freedom - world is bad, but freedom is usually a plus,
    #Modding support - cool feature, as always tons of mods, but none of them fixes real problems of the game....

Game was a real dissapointment to me. Bethesda gone in wrong way in creating their games, and made game without depth or any atmosphere, broken game mechanics and its just boring... Expansions dont helps here sadly... 3/10, because of some positive tryies.... Commercials breaks many games today sadly... (DS2, im looking at you!)
  11. Sep 1, 2014
    skyrim!!! is the best game i ever played.i agree skyrim is not flawless.but also you will not found any better RPG game then skyrim...I'm not gunna lie, this game is a masterpiece.
  12. Aug 30, 2014
    A few graphical flaws but it is the most complete open world game till date. I have played many open world games released after Skyrim but apart from better graphics I just don't find them engaging at all.
    The story and environment are just perfect !!!!!
    Nothing beats this one
  13. Aug 27, 2014
    This game is one of favorites and it's unlike every other game I own this game is one game that I never finish everything 100%, people you gave bad reviews keep mentioning bugs yeah where are they?
  14. Aug 24, 2014
    Playing this game is a challenge, and not in the good sort of way. The challenge comes from trying to deal with all the bugs. Not small annoying bugs, but at times showstoppers that require you to use the console to continue game play.
  15. Aug 21, 2014
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. Expand
  16. Aug 18, 2014
    This game have some very good parts as for example locations they are so good that am explored every possible cave and dungeon. For that 10/10 Unless I didn't need to actually do it as my character was enough strong to complete game probably in 1/3 or even earlier 1/5 of what am accomplish. And I don't have any challenge to have use from that, this is like empty unnecessary and stupid leveling, for that 9/10. Then inventory I should remove two or three points for that when compare to Daggerfall but ok lets give it 8/10 Then it is my problem with quest items which may weight a lot and cant be removed from backpack (should be weightless) And magic arrow of quest which tell you where go. And obviously quest which solving don't give you nothing worth more than you may create yourself. Foir all of that quest related 7/10 Ok but there is more, my next problem was with making items as only or sure way to get best equipment and lot of money, unless that is so boring. When am played second time am tried avoid that unless it is part of game you should create something, because its nowhere to find (player is forced to do boring things) 6/10 Then another BIG problem I have was magic, am actually begin game as mage and guess what I become archer thief. Its just because its so much more effective in battle. When hide and multiple damage by many bonus and skills you can kill last final boss with few shoots. Anyway this whole magic was so annoying not practical rubbish 5/10 And how it would be to play as knight? Probably nothing better because how you are supposed to kill dragon? Must wait as ha land and put sword into his face? No I think it would suck not mention that to become good knight you must make yourself armor etc. So am not sure this don't look very balanced. Am play Oblivion the same way by sneak and arrows or sneak and sword from back, unless how much time get to master that, Its boring from two reasons one to master that and second to lost all further challenges in game 4/10 Lets now return to my first point of exploring, from one side that is good visually but from second I don't think they bring any benefits, because there is no super treasure. There are some quest leading to mega artifacts which turn later to be pathetic comparing to items what you may create. Exploring is good but there is no reason to do that whatsoever. Ok you may actually find dragon magic but I never used that magic literally LOL even when am complete all that spells, just don't need them or they was awkward in use as any other magic and for that am give it because you have maaany things and all useless somehow 3/10 Now if I would really remove 3 points for inventory which I hate in this game it would end at 1/10 Which may be described as terrible game with fine graphic. Now is that possible to be true? I think yes because i have difficulty to play it again, where really exist games am played about 10x and still want so it is not best RPG I have seen. If you are in 1/3 progress Godlike then in half you are Godfather and when complete every quest then you are Godfather3 son of Rambo and my score is 1 Expand
  17. Aug 14, 2014
    A buggy, incomplete mess that suffers from attempts to maintain console parity. Thank Christ for the legion of modders working to make this game a decent experience on PC. Vanilla Skyrim is janky, at best. Quests are broken, game CTDs regularly, a disastrous console port that deserves better for its PC release. Elder Scrolls games have been going downhill since Oblivion, streamlines here, removal of features there, there's reasons why people think Morrowind is perfection. I loved the game, but modders take half the credit. Expand
  18. Aug 12, 2014
    I have read some of other users' reviews, especially those who rated less than 3, and I want to say that they are right. It's true, Skyrim has some bugs and its basic graphics are not some of the best graphics compared to other games, but I don't want to base my vote on the graphics system (thought I have to say I enjoyed it very much, it depends on each person taste).
    Skyrim is one of
    the few games that offers you an intense experience of gameplay with a great amount of missions, that can take you whole days of playing. Skyrim is one of the few games that I have started all over from the beginning completing its main story every time, making some changes in my character, and it was worth it. Every time you play this game you have something new to discover, some new mission to complete or some new place to explore.
    You may stop playing it for a while, but there is no doubt that soon or later you will play it at least once again, enjoying it as your first time.
    Skyrim is still one of my favourite games.
  19. Aug 11, 2014
    Legendary, Impossible to beat I believe for game designers. And nearly endless, as well as talking about it. Even after completing everything, there's always tons of things to do once you start playing. Sometimes you lose yourself in it, or forget to eat or sleep or even go to work. There's nothing like it.
  20. Aug 8, 2014
    The graphic of this game is amazing. This game is great role playing game. The storyline and gameplay is good. This game has many race, you can choose your avatar in this game.
  21. Aug 7, 2014
    With the recent news of layoffs and restructuring, the big sites such as IGN are now officially in trouble and they have only themselves to blame. With games like Skyrim getting an average of 94 (a near perfect score), one has to wonder about the quality of journalism on these sites. Do not get me wrong, there is a lot to like about Skyrim and the game certainly does not deserve a 0/10, but there is also a lot to complain about and thus equally people that give the game 10/10 are devoid of critical thought and even the most basic understanding of good game design.

Of course people have different tastes and they use 1 to 10 scale differently, but even a complete imbecile can see the flaws Skyrim has. The game is buggy, unoptimised with annoying graphical and gameplay glitches, horrible AI and even worse UI. But I won't even go into the technical stuff, because even if the game was as smooth as heaven itself, it still manages to fall short just based on game design decisions from Bethesda.

1. The story is lackluster and unoriginal. You are the chosen one and have to kill the big evil monster that wants to destroy the world. Yawn.. how original.
    2. The dialogues are horrible. Most NPCs have 2 or 3 lines with some important characters a few lines more. But my main gripe is that these characters are completely devoid of any personality or uniqueness - the fact which is even more obvious due to horrible voice acting where a couple of voice actors use the same voice for hundreds of different NPCs - thus completely breaking the immersion which Skyrim clearly strives for. Beyond a couple of jokes here and there, some vary basic background to their character, there is literally nothing memorable about any of them.
    3. Quests are linear and boring. This is probably my biggest problem with Skyrim. Vast, vast majority of quests are MMO quality. For those of you who never played any MMO, MMO quality of quests boils down to this simple formula: go to X, talk to or kill Y, fetch Z and come back or deliver it to some other character, which will send you on another quest with the exactly same formula. Occasionally you will have an escort quest, or a "big battle", but that is pretty much it. This fact is even more painful due to annoying and lazy quest markers which literally hand hold you to every place, every item, every NPC that you are supposed to find, so there is nothing for you to work out for yourself.
    4. Level scaling. Although level scaling is not as horrible as it was in Oblivion, it is still there, leaving the player feeling like the whole world is turning around him and resulting in the diminished sense of progression.
    5. Loot scaling is a horrible idea. There is no sense of progression when the loot is scaled to your level. No matter where you go, you will never experience that magical moment when you find an amazing piece of equipment.
    6. Geographical design is horrible. Its just too easy to navigate even if you install a mod to remove the quest marker. Forget about feeling lost in a huge world. The design is so simple even a 6 year old can find his way around. Basically you have 1 big town in the middle, and then a road that goes around it connecting other towns. Everything is close to that road and that makes the world feel much smaller than it could have been.

I could go on with dumb AI of your followers, unkillable NPCs, dumb down puzzles which all boil down to matching symbols that lie right in front of your face, etc... but this will suffice. Skyrim is a below average RPG in everything but its size. Combat is decent, graphic, sound and music are very good, the game a has good and interesting lore, and dragons look and act like real dragons (even though they are a bit too easy to kill).
  22. Aug 7, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The main quest of this game SUCKS, but everything else is perfect. The only good bossfight (even with all the DLC-s is the first Alduin fight, but he escapes and the second fight is ridiculously easy. But the different faction quests make this game worthwhile. Also 3 amazing DLC-s. Expand
  23. Aug 3, 2014
    One of my favorite games of all time. Modded out with ENB it looks BEAUTIFUL, way better than games that you call "next-gen" like Watch_Dogs. Tons of quests, huge open world, and freedom to do basically whatever you want, and of course these can also be modded (add a ton of quests etc) If you are new to Skyrim, I'd recommend to at least get SkyUI, which will make the game a lot better.

I can't wait for what bethesda will come up with in the next title... damn they should already announce it. :(
  24. Aug 2, 2014
    Yes, there are tons of problems with Skyrim, especially for the die hard fans of The Elder Scrolls series, that were fortunate enough to fully experience outstanding masterpieces such as Morrowind. Skyrim went directly to the mainstream, very simplified game mechanics, terrible consolized inventory management, the game being more suitable for kids, so obviously easier, less complex, hand-holding with quest markers, not even being able to kill many important npc etc. etc. you can call it a sell-out, you can nit pick and find hundreds of problems with this game and in most cases you will be absolutely right, BUT... no one can argue the sheer beauty and complexity of the world Bethesda created here and the fact how Skyrim can literally consume you, it took about 300 hours of my life and I enjoyed every single minute of it. With this in mind, I just cannot go for less than a full score, yes, it's definitely not as good as Morrowind, but just let yourself be immersed in this world and live, explore, just do what you want and enjoy, you won't regret it. Also, the 4CD colossus of a soundtrack done by Jeremy Soule is just phenomenal and I play it quite regularly even years after Skyrim release. Looking forward to the TES VI release with high anticipations. 10/10 Expand
  25. Aug 1, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls series is my favorite game series to date, and I have played Morrowind and Oblivion over 200 hours a piece over the years.

For people who don't know what the game is about, it is different than any other game because of the freedoms you are given as the player. The beginning of the game is the only portion of the game that is linear (and all it really is, is a tutorial
    anyway). After that, you are free to explore the world in anyway you want. There is a main quest, but really, it's really your choice on what you want to do. If you want to build a fighting character, you can train your Health and Stamina and join the Fighters Guild and do missions that are based on killing stuff along with having a good story in the background. If you want to be a Mage, you train your Magicka and you go to the College of Winterhold and learn different spells that you can use to make your character better. You can also be an assassin, merchant, or a master of apothecary. All in all, it really doesn't matter what you do but personally I like joining the Dark Brotherhood and making an assassin with magical abilities such as invisibility (I've played for over 400 hours over the past two years on the difficulty Master).

If you correlate this review to my PS3 version, you can see that I am giving this version a nine because of more fluid game play and the ability to 'mod' the game however you want.

If you are a parent this holiday, I would recommend getting this game over Call Of Duty 14 for your kid if he's 16 to 18. Especially if he gets good grades in school and is a critical thinker because this game requires much more critical thinking than Call Of Duty 14 where you just shoot at people, get shot 1,000 times and don't die. I do understand that this is my personal opinion but Skyrim has won Game Of The Year by multiple publications and is regarded in nerdom as one of the best games ever made.

And yes, I do have horns on my forehead. Because I was born that way. How about that Todd Howard.
  26. Jul 31, 2014
    The whole "Elder Scrolls" series has defined the RPG genre. Even as the fifth game, "Skyrim" breaths new life into the franchise with high-quality graphics and an outstanding set of main quests. The story is gripping and feels fresh and more original than its predecessor's. Skyrim is a vast open world full of opportunities, that is really enjoyable to explore. There are interesting additions, like the whole thing with the dragonborn shouts and even riding dragons in the "Dragonborn" DLC. The combat system is pretty the same as in "Oblivion", and, considering other games of the genre, seems a bit problematic and somewhat outdated. A detail that I missed from "Oblivion" is that spellcrafting is not possible in "Skyrim". The main problem in the "Elder Scrolls" series is that your character does not have a personality of his own, and his environment's reaction to him feels way too neutral. You can play like God or devil but no one will care, except if you have a bounty on your head. Even the other characters are too bland to be convincing and, as a result, you find it difficult to get attached to the story. "Elder Scrolls" is nonetheless an undeniable feat in game making, and "Skyrim" is a worthy addition to the series. Expand
  27. Jul 26, 2014
    This game is just awesome it deserve's to be played,Oblivion was the best game for it's time same goes to morrowind.Skyrim is a huge step forward improved combat system amazing mod's for the game (except the nude mod's i'm looking at you MMOxreview's).Anyway the game is packed with new weapon's more armor ton's of dungeon's dwarven ruin's coming back from morrowind and the awesome DLC's for the game especially dragonborn now the game has some flaw's here and there like dragon's not giving you their soul or being stuck when learning dragonrend i'm sure they will fix it when they stop only giving a **** about ESO for now skyrim deserve's a 9/10. Expand
  28. Jul 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. *Review Deleted
    ****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
  29. Jul 21, 2014
    Highest replay value for any single player game that I've ever played. I've put an embarrassingly large amount of time into this game and I don't even care to see the endgame. It's just that rich with possibilities. Try an unarmed-only Khajiit build on Legendary if you want a challenge.
  30. Jul 19, 2014
    Skyrim is one of the best game that released last years. It has a good story and large open world,but, It is hard to play. Hard to change weapons or change spells and fighting with enemies. But this features can not say it is a bad game.
  31. Jul 16, 2014
    One of the best RPG's out there. With only Oblivion beating it.
    ......................................................................................
  32. Jul 13, 2014
    I just have to say that this game is seriously amazing. For $20.00 you get to buy a game that is probably equivalent to three or four RPG games. This shows how VAST Skyrim is. In addition to this, Skyrim is an open world, which gives you enough freedom to do the main quest whenever you want to. However, the sad thing about this game are the NUMEROUS bugs. Thankfully, this can be easily resolved by mods and console commands.

Unlike most of the users here, I, as of the moment, only have a hundred and fifty hours of gameplay here. But judging from my main quest completion, I can probably say that I am only 5% done with the entire game.

Actually, you cannot measure your progress here since I think Skyrim was made so that it can be played indefinitely.

MOST PEOPLE MIGHT NOT READ THIS SO LET ME JUST PUT THIS IMPORTANT SENTENCE IN ALL CAPS: WORTH YOUR MONEY SINCE IT WILL ENETERTAIN YOU FOR HUNDREDS OF HOURS. 10/10
  33. Jul 11, 2014
    In short, crappy and extremely buggy console port.

It is now more than 2 years after the release, are the issues identified since launch fixed? NO! The game still has tons of bugs, and even unofficial patch fails to address all the issues. The stability of this game is the worst in the last 3 installments of elder scroll, its random crash is just too annoying.

Also, the UI, control
    and menu are downgraded to the level of console. It is so counter-intuitive that a hardcore PC gamers will lose all the passion to try this game.

There are also something that even mods can't fix it. The story, quest variety and content, dungeon and world design are all worse than the previous installment. The only good thing is a better graphic, but will be easily beaten down with a graphic mod on an old elder scroll game.

So, i would not recommend this game. Instead, either get Oblivion or Morrowind, depending on your taste.

By the way, I am surprised to see the high user score there, as the PS3 console gamers also understand how bad the design and technical flaws of this game are, so why are PC gamers on the opposite side of the bridge this time?
  34. Jul 11, 2014
    A bit overrated in my opinion, but still a solid game that gave me 50 hours of fun. The graphics are impressive, but not as glorious as everyone says they are. They are about the same as the first Assassin's Creed, which came out in 2007, 4 years before Skyrim. The combat system was really disappointing and got old fast. The dungeons also got old quick. They all seemed exactly alike to me and were fun at first but just got boring after doing a few. But the story was great and I enjoyed it very much, and the DLC was great as well. The characters could have used a lot of work, and just seemed bland and boring and made Skyrim a slightly depressing and lonely place because of it. Overall I give it a 7/10 Expand
  35. Jul 8, 2014
    Skyrim is a great game that I have spent countless hours in. Bethesda succeeded in crafting the most beautiful and vibrant open world ever, with rich and varied settings and a deep lore. However they took 2 steps forward and one back compared to Oblivion and Fallout 3/New Vegas. Quest lines are linear, offer absolutely no choices and involve mostly talking to NPC A, going to dungeon B, killing everything inside, retrieving item C and then going back to NPC A. The game is also littered with bland and static characters who are never influenced by or acknowledge your actions. Most are only good for one of two lines of dialogue. There are very few if any memorable characters, just legions of AI controlled cut outs going about there business. The story falls flat because you never feel connected to the world or that anything is particular at stake. Its a shame because technically Skyrim far outshines its predecessors, and its story and character problems could have been easily solved with some additional writing and voice acting. Expand
  36. Jul 4, 2014
    Although I don't think that Skyrim is worthy of the praise that most people bestow upon it, it certainly is one of the better RPGs that i've played. The sheer size and amount if content available is amazing. The gameplay is also fine, it's not great, but not bad either. Skyrim does however suffer from some serious problems. The way you level up is one of the biggest flaws I've found in the game. I get that they were trying to be unique and innovative, but it just doesn't work. You gain experience for your skills by using the thing associated it. For instance, you get levels in your One handed weapon skill tree by dealing damage with one handed weapons. Each time you level up with a skill, you get a little experience on the main counter. When this main counter fills, your character gains a level. This encourages you to use many different weapons and strategies but it's just not accurate nor fun. I've seen the game constantly described as "Story Rich" and as a fan of a good story, i was excited to try it out. Unfortunately the story and the story telling is just bad. There is absolutely nothing to get interested in and you won't care about the life of any of the NPCs at all (Other than your spouse and any adopted kids). There is also an insane amount of bugs and glitches still present in the game over 2 years later. It's a great game for RPG fans and medieval fans alike. Just don't expect the perfect game. Expand
  37. Jul 3, 2014
    Skyrim is a hard game to review. It's not a very good game, lacking any meaningful story, branching consequences for your actions, weak and dumbed down combat system, game is dull, uninteresting and cant hold your attention for more than 10 minutes. It's a game deserving a 4 at most. Now, install some 20-30 mods (Requiem and Frostfall most importantly) and it becomes playable, even ocasionaly fun, earning a solid 7 (since no mod can ever fix a bland and meaningless story).

So vanilla Skyrim gets a 5.

Skyrim with at least Requiem gets an 8.
  38. Jul 1, 2014
    A solid "offline" game, if you have a good audiobook playing or need to catch up on podcasts. In all fairness, I've never finished it, I get bored not enough story or dialogue-ing companions to drive the story (is there a story?) forward. Combat is fine. PRO: -graphics -open world -open leveling system -dragons -a cryptic story involving said dragons -MODS, which can save this game
    -neat, interactive environment

CONS:
    -mobs level with you until L35, then they stop...but you keep on going to L88 making for a boring single arrow to the knee killing everything in your path...even the dragons (well, 2 arrows for dragons, but still...)
    -no real story
    -open, quiet, lonely and often boring world, like an MMORPG left empty and offline.
    -sometimes random dragons show up IN TOWN and kill off your questgivers
    -companions are boring, even if you marry them
    -neat interactive environment gets old when you realize you're looting the same shelf with the same iron pot, cheeses, and wheat in the same places over and over again
    -gets old, no motivation to finish.
    -THE INVENTORY INTERFACE IS TERRIBLE...be prepared to scroll through hundreds of items to find anything
    -no ability to hotkey, the favorites menu items don't make up for this...it's the 2010s, get it together already
  39. Jun 30, 2014
    Not sure what all the fuss is about this game. At best it's "ok", but it's certainly NOT the OMGWTFBBQBEST. GAME. EVAH. But hey, apparently 5000+ kids who haven't played more than 5 games in their lives think it's the best thing since hot pockets, so bethesda gets a favorable rating and they think they're doing great things.

The only thing this game has going for it is the graphics -
    and I mean the skins and textures only, the modelling is horrible. But even then, there's almost no color to the world, you're hunting and fighting grey/brown enemies in a grey/brown/black world. I get that the game is supposed to look bleak, but it just ends up looking very bad and gets tiring on the eyes after a while.

The UI is very minimalistic and awkward, and the combat is slow, choppy, awkward, and very unsmooth. it's also not very compelling, it starts off slow and doesn't have that pull in any direction that makes you want to do anything in particular like good games do.

I think a lot of the high ratings are just reactions to the hype or written by "critics" who played for 5 minutes and were wowed by sexy graphics, this game is definitely not one of the best games ever.
  40. Jun 30, 2014
    Remember that blind man, sitting in a cave near Whiterun? When I entered that cave and saw him sitting there, I immediately felt sorry for him. I cleared the whole **** cave while keeping the thought "when I return, I will not hurt that sorry ass mofo, he is no threat in any way", strong. But, and here it comes, when I walked back towards the cave's exit, he obviously was still sitting there, doing nothing, being nothing but a loser. And at that same moment, a horrible urge occurred to me. I just couldn't help it.. I couldn't control it. I sneaked right to him, standing behind him, looking at his stupid sorry ass head. I raised my Whiterun axe as high as I could above my skull and with all the power I had, I slammed it into his. A terrible deed, I know. Still I exited that cave with a big smile on my face. That's what I call being a true Dark Elf. End of nonsense. Expand
  41. Jun 29, 2014
    Skyrim is a truly great game. A huge world is open for you to explore when you step out of the tutorial, pick and chose what you want to do and except for a few instances where a dungeon is locked to a certain questline, the game doesn't try to stop you.

There are so many community made mods for this game that the game has near infinite replayability, even the vanilla version of the
    game already has months worth of content, the amount of game you get from it is just staggering.

The game has a few bugs, but nothing major and the unofficial community made patches fixes most of them easily. Not enough to knock it off a solid perfect 10
  42. Jun 26, 2014
    In a word? Overrated. They really messed up the major point of even playing an Elder Scrolls game - the story. Not just the main quest, but all of the side quests and especially the guilds. It is fun, but inferior to Oblivion and Morrowind and not a good sign of to-be Elder Scrolls games.
  43. Jun 26, 2014
    After 3 years, you can buy the legendary edition for few pounds, and enjoy the whole experience with tons of content. And then, of course, you have all the mod that increase graphic, sound, elements, etc.
    it is not perfect, but is really fun to play and to explore. They put a lot of different type of missions, and with random encounter you'll find yourself in funny and sometimes
    incredible situations (in a quest I was escaping from a prison, I was attacked by guards then vampires, a bear and finally... a dragon!) .
    It requires a lot of time, though, so play something else if you want a 20 hour long game.
  44. Jun 24, 2014
    Great game, I've always liked sci-fi a lot more than fantasy and fallout 3 is still my very favorite game, but Skyrim made me love using magic for the first time ever. Also, it's absolutely huge. I'm at 56 hrs game play and haven't finished the main quest. I seriously recommend running some of the better rated mods available on Nexus if you haven't. Especially the high res textures, immersive armors, Vilja companion, companion overhaul and immersive weapons and the better sorting mod for the menu system. Expand
  45. Jun 24, 2014
    I should say that I really have enjoyed it a lot at first. I loved all the choice I could make and blah blah blah... then I realized that combat balance was so poor that even the best and most well known balancing overhaul mod could not fix it.
    The main story line is way too short, too. Civil war was boring series of small battles that were not even epic at all. It is more epic to fight a
    giant on low level and steel set without spamming potions. In addition no matter what you do, the side you chose will win the war. You can't even low the battle. So you just start a siege and hide. Dovahkiin's power is not necessary to win the war. besides, Alduin was sooooooo weak while he was the last and the supposed to be most vicious end boss from your very nightmare. Even the main theme is about the Dovahkiin save the world from Alduin, the world eater! World eater my ass. I literally ATE him! With a mod, yes, he can be a true nightmare but still... his pattern is same as any dragon flying around Skyrim. I saved the battle with Alduin for the last and shouting "For the Nords!" at the beginning of the fight. Then I was so disappointed that I started rampage on Sovngarde for those 'heroes' who couldn't do anything about that weakling.
    Final and the worst aspect of the game is bug. Seriously, in my first playthrough, when I only had appearance mod (face, hair, body for player character) for the sake of enjoying original game play, I had rare and critical bugs that made me impossible to follow main story lines. I had to create my own solution with console to proceed. For the heavy mod users.. I can't say much since mods that involving scripts and so forth have higher chance to cause bugs.
    Graphics...that was same as Mass Effect 1. It was not really that good but still ok. Basic modelings were ugly as hell but ok. PC version can offer them free plastic surgery with appearance mods.
    Most these negative aspect of the games can be fixed with mod for some extend. Mods, however, can cause bugs since scripts in the game was already unstable as hell.
    Of course I recognize it as very successful game but still I don't understand why it was so popular and console version was sold more than PC version. I don't think the game is a junk. Developers were just lazy. Even though they had intention to give some space for mods they neglected their responsibility to build a good and reasonable length of storytelling and corresponding game play. The game story involves series of unavoidable battles. The civil war cannot be negotiated through the talking, Alduin? He will eat you if you try to talk to him. Most of players agree that civil war story is boring. What they should have done is that making a 'real' epic main story line with a good balance.
    Then what the developers did? they didn't even care about game balance. AI were poor. Melee attackers charge at you blindfolded, NPCs can't see you under the sun when you crouch if you have high sneak level. Sneaking? Child play. You can sneak while wearing heavy armors making loud clinging sound. Sneak level is everything. You shot a arrow while sneak? An NPC gets a headshot but thinks it was not an attack but his mind playing with him. Monster's strength does not correspond with the story. Dragons can be easily beaten by guards. Mammoth and giants are much more stronger than dragons. Dragons always lose in 1:1 fight with them. Then why there was a specialized dragon hunter group, the Blades? I guess the Blades started in paleolithic period. Then still Dragon set is second most powerful in the game. what...? I don't think it can even protect the user from iron arrows. Magic is not balanced either. Magician enemies will make a barbecue out of you but your fireball is like a firefly to your enemy later in the game. Pure magicians will have some hard time in the later game. Skill perks are not efficient and too simple. What's the point of lockpicking? I can pick master locks with 10 lockpicks. If I get lucky, I can do that with only 3 lockpicks. Speech? You don't need to get a discount with speech perks. Gold is the last problem in this game. There is overpower trinity, though. Alchemy, Enchanting, Smithing. With all three you can be a heavy armored magician wielding most powerfully enchanted weapons with a potion addiction. Daedric items.. some of them are useless. Only few Daedric Lords will give you something useful items. Don't worry there is no penalty, either. It's just have unique look and names that's all.
    It seems like the developers rather rely on CK tool and those 'free' offering mods to fix their own problem! In addition mods can cause problems. It is not official add-ons or DLCs so it is less stable in average. What happened to those many big epic balancing mods? many of them ended with introducing bugs to the game play, or no longer be supported.
    In conclusion it was a game that couldn't reach it's full potential.
  46. Jun 24, 2014
    My first RPG experience. Let's say I started driving a Roll's Royce from the beginning

This is in my top 3 games on Steam in terms of hours played. I'm not giving it a 10, because the last point goes to the community. Skyrim + mods is one of the best gaming experience I had. The universe is full of dragons, nice scenery''s, a good main story, and lots of options to develop your
    character.

The main negative point of the game is the lack of choice in the story line, and the repetitive quests (go there, kill that, come back). I recommend adding the "true compass" mod + the "no fast travel" mod to counter this negative point. Indeed, you are now on your own, with your eventually horse, running across Skyrim trying not to die before you reach the next mission, using the road signs because your compass only show North, South, East and West, and eventually using your map if you're lost.

If you're lazy and you want that fast travel, this is still a very fun game, even without the DLC's, you can sidetrack a lot, discover some strange places, and craft the best weapons.

The shout system is your reason to kill dragons, and the combat with dragons are quite epic. If you're lucky, you might even fight 2 at once and feel like Jesus on a raptor

I suggest you play this on Legendary, otherwise it gets boring by the end, and it is much more realistic and enjoyable in the long term.

Conclusion : Buy it, install 100 mods on it to make it better, and play for hours !
  47. Jun 23, 2014
    Like RPG games buy this game its one of the greatest RPG games ever made. Hundreds of hours of content GOTY 2011 still holds up today bethesda is one of the best developers in the industry .
  48. Jun 23, 2014
    This game...oh my, this game...I can't get enough of it. With thousands of side quests and main missions, you're sure to never get bored of it. I love the open world, yet story line feel, where you can go anywhere you desire yet there's still order to it and a main quest line that you follow. The DLCs are amazing too, and I personally love the adoption of kids. It's one of the best games I've ever had the pleasure of playing, and I highly recommend it to anyone. Expand
  49. Jun 22, 2014
    Skyrim is the stuff of gaming legend. After a series of well made games with increasing amounts of success in the market, Bethesda took the best parts of TES IV, trimmed off the bad parts, and threw in tons of new content, a huge new open world, and made a game that still, even after a few years, is one of the most played games on Steam, has one of the most active modding communities I've been a part of (second only to Minecraft), and has so much content that even after more than 100 hours of play, I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface of the possibilities that there are in the realm of Skyrim. Expand
  50. Jun 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A historia é muito boa, uma ou a melhor dos games que já joguei.
    Os gráficos, IA e as opções de jogabilidade são bons/ótimos.
    Valeu 10 pelo conjunto.
  51. Jun 14, 2014
    Skyrim is just a masterpiece, i mean, it has a deep and well structured universe, it erases the annoying invisible barriers that some games have, it has a beautiful and epic soundtrack, and nice leveling up mechanics, its simply a must-have, GOTY if you will
  52. Jun 14, 2014
    Modern RPGs like Skyrim have been systematically dumbed-down to the point of mental retardation.
    Bethesda has sold out their brilliant RPGs [Morrowind] in favor of idiot children who need their hand held while playing an RPG because they are too stupid or lazy to figure out how to play the g*****n game for themselves! Well Skyrim is just that game. It's an RPG for morons!
    Morrowind = A
    true thinking RPG. A Masterpiece! A wonderful RPG! Great replay value.
    Skyrim = Retards with swords! No thinking required. This doesn't deserve to be called an RPG! This s*** is for idiots!
    Thank you Bethesda, you have single-handedly destroyed RPGs by taking real thinking out of the equation.
    Skyrim is a huge slap in the face to those of us who remember what a true Role Playing Game is really supposed to be. It has decent graphics, but that's its only redeeming quality.
  53. Jun 13, 2014
    there are some games which is good for consoles but is best played on PCs. 1 such game is skyrim or in general an elder scroll game mainly thanks to mods. but other than mods skyrim offers a massive environment with different terrains. though the main plot is somewhat disappointing this can be overlooked by the massive amount of side quests especially the guild quests. the character u possess can be molded into any form u want .. it is entirely dependent on your fighting style . the game offers awesome crafting system and skills . overall this is definitely a GOTY and one of the best games of this generation ! Expand
  54. Jun 9, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is an addictive RPG games, not only has many improved gameplay elements from previous title in the series, but also added some new as well, and all of them works just great. The game gives you a large open world, with so much to explore and hundred hours of playing. But then, bugs and glitches make The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim not so perfect.
  55. Jun 8, 2014
    Skyrim is not only my favorite Elder Scrolls since Morrowind, but also one of my favorite Role-Playing Games ever made. With a large, vast, and expansive world with detailed character creation and an interestingly large amount of content, Skyrim gets a 10/10 for said reasons. Not only that, but it succeeds at what it tries to do, provide a large and interesting world full of lore.
  56. Jun 8, 2014
    best free roaming game ever. good campaign if you choose to do it. good side quests. good everything. amazing and huge item list you can fricking pick up teacups if u want. great world with alot of space to roam and discover, sick and awesome animals and monsters that make it feel like a real world with an working food chain. i usaully only play games for about 3 months or so if they are good ive been playin skyrim for 3 years so good that unfortunetly alot of games that i would usaully think r good now seem **** a must play for everyone. Expand
  57. Jun 5, 2014
    I find myself going back to this game all the time with well into 400 hours of play time.
    Graphic tweaks and user made add-ons turn this game into a never-ending source of enjoyment for me and many other people.
  58. Jun 5, 2014
    Yes, it's a good game. I'll just write what's not good in this title.

It's like a HUGE TOTAL CONVERSATION MOD for Oblivion. The inventory system is a joke, hard to find items, makes you lose a lot of time.

And I played it for a good 10 hours. It's fun, but nothing more, not good enough to make me want to finish it.
  59. Jun 2, 2014
    One of the best games ever. Somehow I missed out on previous Elder Scrolls games. But now I see what the fuss was about. The praise for the series is well deserved. It could be harder - the difficultly at the very beginning (under level 10) was good but the game became too easy after that. I'd prefer no levels and skill points either.
  60. May 31, 2014
    Good things: extremely modable, good music, rich world, huge sandbox possibilities
    Bad things: extreme amounts of bugs and rough edges, terrible AI, meh combat, too few voice actors, idiotic radiant quests
    Overall it can be enjoyable if you mod it A LOT.
  61. May 28, 2014
    Listen to all the people who say this game is amazing, because it is. Sure I encountered some glitches in gameplay, but they definitely weren't enough to ruin my experience of the game. This game is great, and it's worth buying and playing no matter who you are.
  62. May 26, 2014
    Where do I begin... Skyrim is big. It's huge. The open-world environment is filled with quests, customizable weapons and items, and enemies. And the PC version has the added benefit of having tens of thousands of mods out there to download for free. But I won't be talking about those here.

Lots of people dislike Skyrim because there are better RPGs out there. I won't dispute that, but
    to say a game is bad just because there are better ones out there is unfair. I know that Skyrim has gotten a lot of people into the RPG genre, and they will find and play those other games for themselves. The story in Skyrim is of course a continuation of the Elder Scrolls storyline, set in 4E 201, 200 years after the events of Oblivion, where Skyrim is in the middle of a civil war. The main quest is acceptably long and complex, as are most of the side quest lines, which average 10-12 chapters. The landscape is covered in ancient ruins to explore for treasure.

The bad part of this game is the miscellaneous quests. Most of them are shallow, uninspired fetch quests and are ridiculously easy. The game's mechanics are also sometimes the butt of many jokes- since some enemies scale in level relative to you, while others do not, it's sometimes possible to kill a dragon in only a few hits, only to be mauled by a bear or a wild cat a short while later. The AI and character animations are subject to many bugs and glitches, including not-uncommon bugged quests that can make a quest unfinishable without using console commands to fix the problem yourself. Thankfully, this is the PC version, so using these commands is possible. Stay away from the console version 'cause if you get a bugged quest there, you're going to have to reload your last save and hope it works.

The visuals are impressive on PC, but I feel they could have been much better (they had to lower the texture resolution to make it fit on a DVD for the console crowd). The high-res texture pack available as a free download doesn't do much to help. Skyrim's environments, at least on the outside, are varied enough, from the southern forested regions to the frozen wastelands of the far north, but don't expect any more than the exact same look in every dungeon. Mouse movement is choppy at times and textures sometimes glitch out as well. As you might imagine, all these glitches really take away from the immersion of what is otherwise a great RPG worthy of many hours of gameplay.

Bottom line, I definitely reccomend this game. The great storyline(s) which all tie into one another, the vast amount of weapons and customization, dungeons to explore, and one of the best soundtracks I've heard, make up for the lackluster, low-res textures and occasional bugged quests.
  63. May 20, 2014
    what can i say, i not always was a big RPG fan,even so i did play alot, but those where only F2P mmorpg, skyrim was my first true RPG, well i heard alot about this game and when i play it for the first time it was shock, the game is one of the best games i ever played, and by the rate it got, look like most people agree with me,even after 300 hours there is still so many things to do, and you keep find out about more things,and if you count the mods, there are people who even pass the 6,000 hours and keep playing ad doing new things, even you start a new game, you can start a all new story which could be way diffrence fron you last game, i recommend this game to everyone, as well as to the RPG-haters up there, even they most give it a try. 10/10 Expand
  64. sft
    May 18, 2014
    Enter the Dragonborn

I’m not a big fan of the fantasy genre (with a few notable exceptions – the books of Michael Moorcock, for example) and was unsure about whether or not to buy SKYRIM. I’m glad I did as it’s a hugely impressive though flawed achievement. TESV is ambitious to say the least, and Bethesda have created a visually stunning (especially if you install the high-res texture
    packs and graphics mods available) and hugely immersive experience. SKYRIM is a large, varied, open world that can be fully explored. There’s much to see and many jaw-dropping sights. There are also a huge number of quests to complete and skills to acquire, and this is where the flaws lie. There are simply too many quests (often repetitive) and skill trees, and the storyline suffers as a result. The main story is underwhelming and because the player tends to get so sidetracked by the numerous side quests (I have read, but cannot confirm, that there are as many as 300 pre-set quests plus more that are randomly-generated) it fails to engage as much as it should. The game would benefit from greater emphasis on quality of story and more imaginative and diverse, though less numerous, quests. That said I’ve so far played 120 hours and have many quests left to complete. I shall dip into this game for some time to come I suspect. Expand
  65. May 14, 2014
    This game is incredible. It's so expansive and deep. I never get tired of playing. I can be just as immersed gathering ingredients for alchemy as fighting dragons.
  66. May 11, 2014
    I know people would probably say this is hyperbole, but I will be frank - Skyrim is one of the best RPGs of all time. I almost can't describe the feeling - the game you imagined when you were 12 years old every time you looked at the back of the box, and then were disappointed to realize was an illusion once you actually installed the software? Skyrim is that game I imagined. In my opinion it's the realization of the promise the Elder Scrolls series has always had but fell short of.

It manages to balance a lot of things perfectly: in depth character creation without the ability to inadvertently handicap yourself, excellent graphics at release but which aren't too hardware intensive, a vast world with lots to do, but never lets the player fall into a deadzone of not having an objective, a diverse selection of gameplay styles, all of them being satisfactory out of the box... again it sounds like hyperbole, but this game really kind of does it all.

And that's the release - add to that the fact that it has one of the largest and most active modding communities of any game, not to mention is stable like a ROCK with 50 mods running... I mean damn. It's hard to find a fault. This game richly deserves its almost universal positive reviews from users and critics alike.
  67. May 6, 2014
    ===========
    It's an incredibly immersive experience & everything feels just right, though a bit too simple.
  68. Apr 28, 2014
    Note: I'm reviewing the game WITHOUT mods. This review will only be on the vanilla game.

Story:
    After starting the game, you are once again tied up and sent to the executioner's block (starting out as a prisoner again, YAY!), after you are freed, you discover that dragons are returning to Skyrim. Leading the return is the World Eater, Alduin. You are the Dragonborn (legendary dragon
    hunter), and it is your destiny to defeat Alduin and save Tamreal. The story here isn't the most original, but it's still good. I also enjoyed all the guild storylines as well. Every character you meet is well voiced (even if Bethesda uses the same voice actor/actress), and the world of Skyrim has so much backstory to it that it would take up the entire chunk of this review. The story here may not be better than Oblivion, but it's still great. 8/10

Gameplay:
    Like I said, Skyrim is filled with so much backstory that you'll be too distracted with exploring new areas, clearing out and learning more about dungeons, meeting new N.P.C.s, and creating your own adventures that you'll forget about the main questline (especially if you plan on replaying as a new character). The combat though, is not that strong. The combat is mostly just mouse-spamming, along with archery, sneaking, magic, and using shouts (special rechargeable abilities). It's good, but not great. The map is HUGE (bigger than GTA 5), so it'll take a few hours to discover every location on the map. The skill system has also been improved. You rank up a skill (limit:100) by doing that activity (archery, lockpicking, pickpocketing,etc.), reading skill books, or buying training from certain N.P.C.s. There are 251 perks in the game (some can be upgraded multiple times), and your going to have to respec (reset perk points using Dragonborn DLC or mods) in order to experience all perks. At the start of the game, you get to choose your character's race (10 are available), and customize him/her to your preference (although the character customization is weak). I've played the legendary edition, and there are barely any bugs that I've seen (unless you decide to use mods. Be careful). The only complaint that I had was that dragon battles are really anti-climactic. Because of the weak combat system, dragons are simple to kill, and they don't change up there strategy. Eventually, you'll get tired of fighting them, and you might learn to just run away and ignore them. This isn't a major issue as I've spent a total of around 400 plus hours playing this game, and most of your time isn't spent fighting dragons, it's exploring and creating your own adventures in this large and atmospheric world. And I would still like to return for more. 10/10

Graphics:
    The game's graphics now aren't that amazing to look at (still a large improvement over Oblivion). Although, the backgrounds, character models, item design, and some textures look really good at max settings, I still like the lighting, colors, and dynamic weather this game has, even if it's from 2011. Also, the high res texture pack barely does anything to improve the look of the game. Still, the visuals are nice to look at, and will keep you satisfied. 8/10

Sound:
    Another high point is definitely the game's beautiful soundtrack. The score has a nice mixture of soft melodic tracks (that play when you're in a city or exploring in the nice quiet environment with the weather nice and sunny), and hard, intense, and drum pounding pieces (that play when you're in the middle of an intense fight with some bandits or a dragon). All the sound effects in this game (footsteps, pulling out a weapon, shouts, casting a spell, hitting someone with a weapon, lockpicking, etc.) are really good and are quite an improvement over Oblivion. Bethesda really nailed the score and sound of Skyrim. I would gladly pay full price for the game's soundtrack. 10/10

Verdict:
    Skyrim was one of the best games of 2011. And now almost 3 years later, it still holds up. The story is good, the gameplay is large and excellent, the graphics still look fine, and the sound just immerses you into the world of Tamreal. I highly encourage anyone who hasn't already purchased this game to go out and get it (especially after all the DLC packs and price drops). I recommend you get it on PC though for a number of reasons: MUCH SHORTER load times, less bugs, console commands (sort of like cheat codes), and mods (guaranteed to add a few dozen more hours to your total time played). I'm not saying the console versions are bad (I played on the PS3 version as well), But you should definitely play this on PC, along with some cool and fun mods. Verdict: 10/10
  69. Apr 28, 2014
    I just met Skyrim really good and my verdict is .... awful. Storyline ... where is storyline ? If Bethesda think story like " Dragons ! go kill them all , you are dragon killer like Kickapoo (I don't care) chosen by gods and you have skill to kill dragons blah blah blah blah "
    and that's all ? really ? Another bad thing is stupid skill tree where goes Strange , dexterity ? I can't see
    them. Bugs ? lot's of bugs. Graphic looks like .... really bad (u can place .... here any bad word).
    Even if i install bunch of mods and DLC - Yes DLC 8 GB of textures ! and what ? nothing change in graphic ! Well Done Bethesda ! Also best way to make Game Of The Year is using oldest game like Fallout 3 add some Swords remove fire weapons and add new world plus a little better graphic and it's done ! GOTY ! At end it's funny but it's true The Elder Scrolls : Skyrim have DLC ... yep DLC not expansion pack just DLC it's funny. Im bored of playing in Skyrim Copy and Past i want my money refund but it's not possible :/ .
  70. Apr 26, 2014
    Well this game has been made by god I cannot find anything negative to say about this game. I have played for over 100 hours and still feel overwhelmed by the scale of this. The only bad thing about this game maybe is the fact that there will never be anything else again that comes close to this.
  71. Apr 26, 2014
    Huge game with bad RPG system.

This game is enormous and detailed. Apart from other elder scrolls and Fallout 3 series, I think this is the only game that allowed me to interact with the game world at such level of detail. I can pick up a mug in a tavern or enter some random NPC's house and steal everything. The world is living and breathing, with NPCs striking random dialogues with
    each other, bandits grumbling about the hardships of bandit life, etc .

Voice acting, visuals are all top notch. There's basic physics.

Sure, there is lot's to do, and after 3 playthroughs, I don't think I ever finished the dragonborn or civil war plotlines.

And here comes my biggest gripe with the game - the bad RPG system. I played just about every western RPG since 1998, and Skyrim is just bad. Having only health, stamina and magicka along with armor means that just about every melee or ranged character feels the same. Dodge-block-hit, thousands of time throughout the game create a very dull feeling of combat.

Without the 10 primary skill system from Oblivion, the character levels up too fast, where a single dungeon may mean 1-2 level ups. This means that a lot of content, like goblins (do they exist)? or Skeevers is just gone. Very quickly all dungeons are populated with bandits with elven weaponry, then Adept necromancers, then vampires in ebony armor. The entire world levels up just because I have sold some items to a vendor and levelled up my speech skill.

With no way to degrade or lose armor, the player quickly acquires the best pieces of armor and weaponry available, which creates a dungeon crawling experience where I don't care about the loot. There's nothing in this dungeon that can come even close to my own crafted/enchanted/improved armor and weapons. Everything is vendor trash, and apart from the trainers there aren't really that many money sinks in this game for me to spend end game gold.

Very soon my character becomes godlike in it's ability to slay everything that stands in its way. Sure, I can bump the difficulty all the way up to legendary, but this only makes combat feels worse. Instead of killing an enemy with 3 hits, I can dance around it for 2 minutes, slowly chipping away at it's health. Not really that fun.
  72. Apr 24, 2014
    Wonderful game. Huge improvement to its predecessor. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim really gives you the feeling that you're a grand hero in an epic world. Not to mention its modding community with tons and tons of amazing and cool mods. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has every right to be my favorite video game!
  73. Apr 23, 2014
    While it is a good time killer, its really not much more than that. The gameplay is flat-out dull, unless your using a bow, which is impractical 99% of the time. The voice acting, along with the story, isn't very good. The factions are here, and are rather good, but they have only 5-10 missions per, which is really a disappointment. The UI is pretty bad on PC, and the graphics are good. There is plenty of mods keep in mind, but you shouldn't have to mod a game for it to be fun.

5/10. Decent. A good time killer, not much more
  74. Apr 22, 2014
    Skyrim is a worthy successor to Oblivion. Nothing really has changed much in terms of the formula but if it ain’t broke why fix it? You could do worse than trying out this masterpiece (like taking an arrow to the knee for instance - okay sorry that one's been done to death :)).
  75. Apr 22, 2014
    Okay, I will give Skyrim the obligatory recommendation. What’s there to say? Another sprawling Bethesda epic.

The only somewhat legitimate criticism I’ve seen about Skyrim is regarding how Bethesda tends to release games full of bugs thinking that users will come up with mod fixes. I don’t know about that as I can’t say I’ve ever played a Bethesda title I considered broken. What I will
    say is that users in the Steam Workshop have come up with some truly incredible mods. Deducting a point from Bethesda is one way to look at it but I say giving people the freedom to use Steam Workshop gives them a point right back. The fact that it is a game so many people feel compelled to create so many mods for speaks volumes. Bethesda must be doing something right.

One of these days I need to actually go back and finish it…
  76. Apr 20, 2014
    Skyrim is definitely one of the best games I've ever played by far and would definitely recommend to anyone! this game is amazing and I rate it 10. A masterpiece :D
  77. Apr 18, 2014
    Out of date graphics back to 2005 level, no engaging plot, emotionless NPC, so boring gameplay. I tried this POS on my brother's PC for one night, so I am glad I got the fact that this is just a super hyped POS. But I really heard of the fun from mod. Sadly, I am totally not interested in mod. I feel this game is at most just a sandbox for players to add endless mods... roaming and enjoy in their creatures. How brainless... Expand
  78. Apr 12, 2014
    This game is amazing I love it I do not know any one who does not like this game. You get to pick who can be, what creature you want to be. It is just flat out amazing! I really prefer this game.
  79. Apr 12, 2014
    Skyrim has really lived up to the expectations many have anticipated and imprinted its footsteps on the world of gaming. When new rpgs are made, they will most certainly be compared to this masterpiece. It can stand side by side with Oblivion, another great rpg of this decade (if you didn't already know). The pure level of immersion and the leveling system is spectacular, and the level of freedom is unparalleled.

But what makes this game really great is the active modding community. I love how every person's Skyrim can be tailored to how they like it. Skyrim is very easy to mod, and the selection of mods are extremely numerous.

You can go on for hours on end and find new things to do with just the base game. But if you want even more, then getting the right mods can basically make your game perfect
  80. Apr 12, 2014
    Skyrim is a huge game but it doesn't feel special or unique. Most places and dungeons look the same, NPC's are a big disappointment and it is based on quantity rather than quality. Menus and inventory screens are bad, navigation is really confusing and time consuming.
  81. Apr 8, 2014
    This is my favorite game of all time. I have played 500+ hours and i am still finding new ways to enjoy this game. The story is top notch. The combat works with all weapons, i have played all of them and have never had a problem. The quests are varied and fun, you will never find two quests that are the same! If you are looking for a solid single player RPG this game is definitely worth a buy!
  82. Apr 7, 2014
    Skyrim does a very good job of giving you a huge world to explore, unfortunately the scale might be its greatest downside as well. It feels like not enough butter spread over too much bread. There are little to no memorable characters besides dragons and there are very few genuinely interesting quests to partake in. In my 85 hours spent wandering the lands of Skyrim, no particular moment truly stands out to me. I find this to be rather disappointing after playing Oblivion... I'll never forget my skooma escapades or my quests for the Madgod, but my memories of yelling at some wrinkly old men on top of a mountain are already fading. Expand
  83. Apr 3, 2014
    What a shining example of exactly what a modern AAA title should be. Stunning graphics, interesting and diverse gameplay, hours and hours (maybe hundreds of hours) of content. This game may never get old for me. Well tested, well-realized, interesting storyline/story arcs as well as diversity of content really make this game hold up well, not just against its competitors, but it's 2014, and this game is still superior to many on the market.

The only complaint that I have, which kept them from getting a full 10/10 was the lack of diversity of voice actors. You will hear the same guy voicing dozens of characters, and with no effort to change his voice. They should have hired a few more people, other than that, it's fantastic, well worth the money - you are going to have a lot of fun with this game.
  84. Apr 3, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Took Game Of The Year Before, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Took Game Of The Year 2011.
    In Each RPG Game I Don't Usually Spend More Than 50 Hours. I Just Have Spend My More Than 50 Hours In Borderlands 2 And Skyrim, The Best Three RPG Games Of My Entire Are: Final Fantasy 7, Fallout 3 and Borderlands 2 But Skyrim Is Very Very Very Away Better Than All Of
    Them. Skyrim Is A Brilliant Game And "Time Killer Or Waster". Skyrim Is One Of The Very Best Games Of The Entire History. You'll Never Forget The Experience And Everything. The Best Method of Modifying Describing And Visualizing It Is PLAY IT. Expand
  85. Apr 1, 2014
    Boy oh boy, The Elder Scrolls, my favorite video game series of all time. From Arena to Oblivion, Bethesda Studios have delivered possibly the best Western RPG's to date. Then there's this. I both hate and love this game at the same. You might wonder why I'd give it a 10 while I hate part of it, but that's because what I like outweighs what I dislike about 50:1. Skyrim has the biggest, most detailed, and most interactive world of any game, ever. It also has very in-depth character building (role-playing) and combat. However, there are tow things I HATE about this game. Those are the bugs, which almost break the game, and the linear dialogue, which is the opposite of interactive.
    Pros: - Interactive world (From fishing, farming, and house-building to murdering townspeople and robbing houses, you can do just about anything in the world of Skyrim)
    - Role playing (You can be whatever you want, seriously. Want to be a sailor? Check. Want to be a merchant? Go for it. Want to be a townsguard? Be my guest. The RPing possibilities are endless)
    - Combat (The combat is flexible and satisfying. Being able to wield a mace in one hand and a fireball spell in the other is just one of hundreds of combinations. On top of that, the executions make for some extremely satisfying kills)
    - Voice acting (There are many different voices in Skyrim, each very talented, and bring life to the virtual world)
    - Enemy diversity (I couldn't count the amount of enemies in Skyrim if I tried. There are so many different creatures, which make each encounter refreshing)
    Cons: - Bugs (There are far too many bugs for it to be excused. The bugs include game freezing, falling through the world, disappearing items, and audio glitches. However, some slack should be given due to the sheer size of the game)
    - Story (Dragons, what could be more entertaining than that? Almost everything. The story is quite bland, but at least includes a lot of the rich Elder Scrolls lore)
    - Dialogue (The dialogue has very few options, making the characters hardly believable. This brings me back to the legendary Morrowind, which had EXTREMELY interactive dialogue, giving many different options and topics)
    Overall, it's one of the best games I've ever played, and possible the best Elder Scrolls game. The game breaking bugs, bland story, and lack of interactive dialogue are more than excused when considering the sheer amount of content and role-playing that make Skyrim a better world than ours... No joke.
  86. Mar 30, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the first Elder Scrolls game I have ever played. Originally I had played it on Xbox, but when my ex and I split, (Xbox was his) I got the game for PC. At first it was kind of a pain to learn the controls, but I went out and got myself a game controller for the PC, and it was all gravy after that. My PC is not one of those super powerful PCs, I have a quad core processor and an AMD graphics card, yet I can play on high settings, with a serious collection of mods, and DLC's added. It crashed one time due to a mod not being compatible with another mod I already had, but other then that it works amazingly well. There are a ton of quests, and stories within the plot. Would have been nice if they put more voice actors, and less repetitive quotes from NPC's. I often want to beat up the guards with their "arrow in the knee" thing over and over and over. Yep. Also, it would have been neat to see a little more complex interactions between mates or followers with the main character. My husband- he is really boring, like a piece of furniture that hands me coins or food every so often. I mean, they should at least fight over money, hold hands, make babies, you know? Though he wanted to marry after I beat him up in a brawl, that was pretty amusing. The Hearthfire add on allows adoption, however. Overall, I really like the game, and I am looking forward to seeing what the next game will be like. Expand
  87. Mar 29, 2014
    Out of the box this game is mediocre at best. Thankfully mods can save many of the glaring flaws such as the world scaling to your level and removing magical compass markers, limitless fast travel and so on.

The core mechanics is very much dumbed down since Morrowind and sadly cannot really be fixed via mods. Todd Howard evidently is in charge and he is well known for enjoying action
    games rather than RPG games. It shows.

Factions in Skyrim is extremely underused and underwelming. Many key NPCs are invulnerable, breaking immersion.

To sum things up: There are many flawsbut with mods you can enjoy a few hundred hours of gaming.
  88. Mar 24, 2014
    One of the most compelling RPGs I've played in a long time, Skyrim presents players with all they could ask in this genre: good story, wonderful graphics and ambience, immersive and non-repetitive quests, beautiful and diversified environments, attractive game mechanics (casting spells has never been so fun) and a highly appealing theme (vikings and dragons can't go wrong). I must admit it's hard to stop playing, even after completing the whole game twice. BUT, there's the feeling that something is missing. What could it be? Well, once you get past the distractions, you will realize how utterly broken this game is; it's highly unbalanced in every possible aspect, and it favors exploiting the game's leveling mechanics instead of actually playing in order to level up your skills. If you choose to be a wizard, you will soon realize that magic is pretty weak once you reach a certain point in the game or select a higher difficulty, because the only way to increase magic damage is picking two perks that will (together) boost it by 50%, and that's it. As for the weapons, skill value and perks will increase it's damage by 215% or more (depending on the weapon), and it can be improved with smithing to give over 800% it's initial damage, without cheating. This can be achieved by using your alchemy skill to make potions that increase enchanting, then drink it and enchant your equipment to boost alchemy, repeat the process several times until you have the best possible enchantment potions, then use it to enchant armors which will boost your smithing skill, wear it, drink a smithing potion made with your best alchemy boosting equipment, and, finally, improve your weapon at the grinstone. Then you drink another potion to boost your enchanting and put enchantments on your armor that will increase damage output from weapons. This is the formula for power in Skyrim. I know, it sounds crazy. Anyway, while a Mage will start the game dealing 8 damage with initial spells and improve to a maximum of 80 damage with the top spells and perks, a Warrior or Archer will begin dealing about the same ammount of damage with inferior weapons and skills, but will have his damage improved to over 650 with top enchantments and weapons. And this is only a small example of how unbalanced and exploitable Skyrim is. Once you have your enchanted equipment, all other items you find in the game are just useless and inferior. Skyrim allows the player to save/load at any time, another exploit that takes the fun out of the game; what's the point of having the thrill of being caught pickpocketing when everyone saves the game before such actions to prevent failure? You will save before doing anything in this game to assure your success, because the game allows it. I can't give Skyrim a higher score because, even though it is awesome, it was not tested and balanced before it's release nor patched later, it is broken and will always be. Expand
  89. Mar 23, 2014
    I have tryed it multiple times yet can get to like this game. The story is boring to me and nothing put me into the game. I always only think to skip the dialog as it look empty. Combat aren't really difficult, just use your friend to tank forever and kill it from the side. Bad story, no difficulty, faulty menu. Happy for those who liked it. This game sucks for me.
  90. Mar 22, 2014
    Skyrim is the role playing game (RPG) for the non-RPG gamer. It's a visually gorgeous world with countless quests and many secrets. Grip your sword tight when meet your first dragon.
  91. Mar 21, 2014
    I think this game is ok. Not amazing, not bad. However here are my problems with the game: Walking is too slow, running is too fast. The PC controls for lockpicking are bad. However the overall game isn't bad. Also there are parts in the game you can exploit so you can finish the game quick.
  92. Mar 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best games ever I've ever played I give it 10/10 as much as I'm a gamer and I play alot of games!
    The score should GROW UP! So thumb it up guys!
  93. Mar 18, 2014
    Subtract everything you liked about the other elder scrolls and well you basically have this game. A very limited spell system, with an overpowered fireball, game play that feels more like an mmo than an elder scrolls, very little combat on main thorough fares, even in the wilderness battles are few and far between. Combined with that and the fact that enemy spells were hitting me through a solid mountain when I wasn't even in line of sight, demolished any chance of me playing this game past that point. Expand
  94. Mar 13, 2014
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a game I have put many hours into, and I go like it quite a lot, but is isn't perfect...

Pros:
    Huge Open World
    Lots of quests to keep you occupied
    Mind blowing soundtrack

Cons:
    Combat can be clunky at times
    Some of the side quests can be repetitive after a while

Skyrim does have its problems, but it is still worth giving a go by all means!
  95. Mar 12, 2014
    I love this game and I cant wait for elder scrolls 6. Anyone giving it a 0,1,2, or three don't know what they are talking about or barely played it. I just got the game a few days ago and have spent 34 hours on it.
  96. Mar 12, 2014
    Simplemente, aburrido. Buenos gráficos, un gran mundo para explorar y mucha libertad. No está mal, supongo... para el que prefiera eso a una buena historia, personajes carismáticos y algo de personalidad.

Pd: si buscas un RPG, mira en otra parte. Aquí no tenemos de eso.
  97. Mar 11, 2014
    I find there's very little variation in Skyrim: enemies may look different but you fight them all in the same way and fighting is about 80% of the game play. There are no hard enemies in Skyrim apart from the occasional dragons, who in my experience tend to more concerned with immolating wildlife than letting me murder them, the cowards. I don't feel compelled to explore the world when I already know that it's pretty homogenous and my interaction with it doesn't have any progression. The game gets easier as you go as you weren't challenged in the first place and eventually I just got bored and stopped playing. That said, the game engine is good, the leveling system works well and most of the bugs have been iron out. There are, however, some inconsistencies, errors, plot holes etc. which make me wonder how much time was spent testing this game. For example - why are over 90% of the population of Skyrim bandits? Why is every fort a ruin occupied by outlaws? When I'm obviously trying to save the world and everybody knows it, why do some NPCs think that their petty quibbling is more important the whole damn planet? In one quest you'll poison a barrel of mead in an out building of a brewery but when you return to the main building 5 seconds later the poisoned mead is ready in a tankard. This is just sloppy. Couple these with the way all new Bethesda games are released as a pile of bugs held together with spider's web and you've got a company who care far more about making money than making games and will go in the same bin as EA if they keep it up.

It's better than Oblivion, not as good as Morrowind or Nehrim.
  98. Mar 7, 2014
    This game is beautiful, breathtaking, and rich with graphics and story line alike. The in depth details like books and stories laying all over the expansive world will drag you into little things that don't even have anything to do with the storyline. I don't know how many times I've turned this game on, just to find some random area to take screenshots because of how beautiful it looks.

The dungeons are intense sometimes. I don't know what it is, but the creators sure made it so that somehow walking your character down into the depths of one of these dungeons/caves, makes you feel tense and ready for an attack. Half the time it feels as though I'm holding my breath and I need to remember to breath (I'm also kind of a wimp though, I'll admit that freely)

The dragons are beautiful. I can't even begin to explain how amazing I think they are. Someone put in a great amount of work and detail to create them. With such an expansive world map, I always feel like I'm going to find something they just skipped over and decided to not bother with putting detail into it, but I have yet to find something. Even the tiniest blade of grass has detail.

I have yet to come across any bugs that inhibit me from playing the game the way it was meant to be played. The game hasn't frozen, glitched, or anything to be expected with a bad bug, so I've quite enjoyed what I have received as a game.

I am definitely looking forward to more from this sequel of games. The Elder Scrolls have not failed me yet.
  99. Fuz
    Mar 6, 2014
    Fire the guy who designed the interface. Just. Fire. Him. It's the worst interface I've ever seen. We have a mouse, non a gamepad. Apart from that, is the same game we already knew from Oblivion. Lots of bugs, pleasant graphics (but you can do better IF you don't do a straight from console porting) et cetera. If you liked Oblivion you will like this. If you couldn't stand all the little problems and annoyances like the unresponsive combat (no feedback on hits? seriously?) and the TERRIBLE enemies scaling you wouldn't like this game. I'm still waiting for a Daggerfall 2. Or a Daggerfall remake. And by the way: FIRE the guy who designed the interface. Also, the guy who approved it. Expand
  100. Mar 4, 2014
    Since I´m not into the ElderScrolls games (only played Skyrim), this game is not much more than Fallout 3 in a fantasy world. It hase some nice features like the huge world, crafting and a nice set of quests. But it feels like a Fantasy-SinglePlayer-SecondLife.
    It has some flaws, foremost a missing golden thread. My motivation curve was a downward spiral, since progress became repetitive
    and pointless. Skills, equipment and even leveling becomes senseless at some point (far from endgame), since it´s possible to win every fight by using brainpower.
    The world feels empty, grey and static, by the way. So many possibilities wasted...

A big world to discover, some nice hours of gameplay, but far from being a hypeworthy, shimmering gem of video game. So: some honest 7 of 10. Clearly above average, but not outstanding.
  101. Nov 11, 2011
    To those who can't believe how somebody could rate this game so low, I know exactly how you feel, about the game and the rating. I couldn't possibly care any less though.:)
    Good WRPG is all about choices/options and involved/enjoyable character development. An epic, well written story helps as well. This game does not have any of this.
    With a large world to explore, it first felt like a
    lot was possible. Cave exploration, ruin exploration, underwater exploration, fight X creature, find a random town and talk to random denizen, etc. After about 10 hours, it became more obvious that, yeah there is a lot you can do on the side, just none of it was all that interesting. At a certain point it just felt like I was playing offline MMO, in that the game allows you to do so much but it's just done so poorly.
    I know that the graphics aren't the most important part of a game like this but Skyrim don't even look average. I would never be so ridiculous as to say that I would buy a game just based on the visuals, but this game look like heavily moded Oblivion.

1. Feb 29, 2012