8.0

1. May 26, 2015
    Certainly one of the best games I've played, ever. It comes with its problems, of course, like a ton of bugs, some of which have never been fixed by Bethesda, and the user interface is really ugly and not that intuitive. But the game sucks you in like... well, I don't even have the words. There has not been a game ever since Skyrim that took so many hours of my life. And I don't even likeCertainly one of the best games I've played, ever. It comes with its problems, of course, like a ton of bugs, some of which have never been fixed by Bethesda, and the user interface is really ugly and not that intuitive. But the game sucks you in like... well, I don't even have the words. There has not been a game ever since Skyrim that took so many hours of my life. And I don't even like RPGs! But the best thing about the game, aside from its atmosphere, story and soundtrack, is that it let's you play as you want. And if you don't like RPGs, you can kind of play like it's not one. This game is a must buy, and everyone should try it at least once. Expand
  2. May 25, 2015
    The game has weak plot, it lacks interesting characters and although the design is inspired by nordic mythology it's still very generic and cliche - all those elements are essential for a really good rpg game and skyrim does them wrong. Also the game is quite buggy and dumbed down compared to it's predecessors. Despite those flaws It's fun to roam this world, music and visuals are good andThe game has weak plot, it lacks interesting characters and although the design is inspired by nordic mythology it's still very generic and cliche - all those elements are essential for a really good rpg game and skyrim does them wrong. Also the game is quite buggy and dumbed down compared to it's predecessors. Despite those flaws It's fun to roam this world, music and visuals are good and it managed to entertain me for about 30-40 hours.

Overall it's a good game that by it doesn't deserve the praise it gets. It can probably be great but only if you smoke pot:)
  3. May 23, 2015
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, or simply Skyrim, is simply too wonderfully amazing to be described in words. Bethesda went above and beyond what game developers nowadays (aka 2015) would promise. One thing I found interesting was how Bethesda gives you a large, open world to ride around in and discover (that feeling you get when you discovered some place no one knows about is simplyThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, or simply Skyrim, is simply too wonderfully amazing to be described in words. Bethesda went above and beyond what game developers nowadays (aka 2015) would promise. One thing I found interesting was how Bethesda gives you a large, open world to ride around in and discover (that feeling you get when you discovered some place no one knows about is simply awesome), where you never know what might happen next- a dragon could attack you, a pack of wolves could spring out and ambush you, a courier could run up to you with a message- anything could happen, at any time. Another thing that I loved was how the game made me feel. Their manipulation of your feelings, as a matter of fact, nearly made me fear the dark! The soundtrack is simply amazing- every time I throw myself into battle, I can literally feel my heart pounding and my palms sweating as I charge forward, hoping to halve my enemies with my big awesome battleaxe. And finally, you get to choose what you do, and how- you could be a sophisticated magician, a bloodthirsty warrior (like me), a mysterious necromancer, and so on. It's amazing.

As I said before, Skyrim is too awesome to be described in words. If you want to know how utterly amazing the game is, buy a copy and play it. You won't regret it. Ever.

FOOS ROH DAAA!
  4. May 21, 2015
  5. May 19, 2015
    it's only epic game that all, nothing special, but you want to see because everybody speak about this game. if you have time and nothing to do this game is for you
  6. May 17, 2015
    The fifth installment of the Elder Scrolls, Skyrim presents a massive place to explore, as well as plenty of chances for adventure. While it carries the problems endemic to Bethesda games, namely a lot of bugs, but on its own merits, cough cough, it's a fine enough game. It could stand to have been more innovative, but it's a very mod-friendly game, and certainly worth playing.
  7. May 17, 2015
    If I I say this pro my friend they will kill me if I talk to hate the Skyrim Game controls are good and beautiful but boring and boredom **** **** .not think GOTY Game
  8. May 11, 2015
    Every Elder Scrolls game feels the same: They do everything really well, and one thing exceptional. This one is no different. In Morrowind, the story was what drove it for me. The leveling system was jenk, and combat was terrifyingly garbage, but Morrowind killed the story. In oblivion, the leveling was made better, the story suffered slightly, but the open world nature really shinedEvery Elder Scrolls game feels the same: They do everything really well, and one thing exceptional. This one is no different. In Morrowind, the story was what drove it for me. The leveling system was jenk, and combat was terrifyingly garbage, but Morrowind killed the story. In oblivion, the leveling was made better, the story suffered slightly, but the open world nature really shined through. In Skyrim, the leveling system was finally brought to where it was not as abusable (although enchanting iron daggers by the busload is still there), but I found the story to be the weakest yet, and the exploration was dulled slightly by running through the same environment with slight changes for hours upon hours. The enemies, although very well made graphically, suffered from the same monotony that the scenery does.

All said and done though, this was still an amazing game. With plot that was more gripping it would have been a 10.
  9. May 10, 2015
    Overall Rate: 7/10

A great, open-world, practically endless RPG with many familiar fantasy elements and Elder Scrolls Lore. Although there are many good points about this game and I would definitely recommend it, there are quite a few flaws that take away from the overall experience and the game just feels like it could have been so much more. Story: rate 6/10. A pretty generic,
    Overall Rate: 7/10

Story: rate 6/10. A pretty generic, "player is the only one who can save us", "epic" story. The player can excel in everything he/she tries, even if they have no experience in that area (for example: getting into the College of Winterhold simply by casting a low-level spell and having never used magic before). I won't go into details, so not to reveal spoliers for those that haven't played, but a lot of the courses of action you take seem to have little effect on the world around you. Not to mention, the main questlines are very short and take around maybe 4-6 hours to complete in full, which is very disappointing, especially when you look at previous Elder Scrolls games when questlines could take around 10 or even 20+ hours. Most of the quests are "fetch quests" with small rewards and these never run out. They are fun at first, but after a while, they can get tedious and boring. There's no exploration or a sense of being "lost", as a map marker directly points to a quest objective's exact location. This feature can be turned off in the quest menu, but in a way, the marker is required because there are no instructions given regarding where you need to go for a quest.

Characters: rate 6/10. There are lots of characters in this game, but only a handful of them are worth mentioning or rememberable. The same backstories get told over and over again, and nothing else. For example, a lot of the dialouge I've heard goes like this, "I'm a fisherman / farmer / laborer of some kind and my family's been here for x generations (and I have nothing else to say)" sort of thing. It gets quite old. Even so, there are still a handfull of characters who are interesting and have more depth to their story than what meets the eye.

Graphics / Interface: rate 7/10. For the most part, the graphics and interface are aggreeable. The menu was made for consoles, so it can be difficult to work with at first and it doesn't always cooperate. The graphics could be better, but they don't take away from the experience, and the landscape can look quite beautiful in the big picture. The map is not helpful for navigation, as it is supposed to be a "real representation in 3D" map (not sure what's so great about that. It doesn't even fit the theme of the game!).

Glitches: This game, at first, had many glitches. Most of them have been fixed, but I wouldn't be surprised if it breaks / crashes at random, people get stuck in the floors, quests gone missing, etc. This was one of the biggest problems at release and it shows that the overall production of the game was running short on time.

The good lies in the gameplay and mechanics. Although the combat is still "click the mouse untill the enemy dies", it can still be fun. I personally think stealth, dual-wielding, and smashing things with two-handed weapons (not necessarily combined) offer a fun combat experience. As stated earlier, this is an open-world RPG and you can pretty much do whatever you please aside from the first quest and work at your own pace - the magic of Elder Scrolls games. If you're into roleplaying, Skyrim is lacking in this area, as the leveling system is mediocre and there's little replayability value because one character could pretty much do anything and everything if you wish it to be so. Once you get up to the higher levels, the game is easy to break and the character can kill almost everything in under 10 seconds and leave unscathed, even on master or legendary (with the Legendary edition or the Dragonborn dlc) difficulty.

Overall: Despite everything I've said, this game is still enjoyable: there are lots of places to explore, endless things to do, and pretty good character creation. Although this is not the focus of my review and not required to enjoy the game, mods can really add to the experience and some people would even consider them a necessity (which is sad: why should people have to add things that should've been in the original game?). I would try Skyrim out if it sounds like something you'd enjoy.
  10. May 9, 2015
    First let me introduce this review saying that I'm reviewing "The Elder's Scroll V: Skyrim", not its mods nor the game with mods.

Bethesda continued the Elder's Scroll saga keeping the typical extreme role playing features, graphics are extremely nice and overall audio quality is amazing. I have to say though that progressing through the game there have been many things that made me

I have to say though that progressing through the game there have been many things that made me lose interest or even abruptly stop playing the game.
    The first impact was with the minimalistic UI, for me medieval-themed RPG = parchment.
    Second impact (that made me quit after 15 min playing until I discovered the mod SkyUI) was with the UI layout/commands. You have a whole keyboard, full of keys, and you are restricted to up, down, left, right and 1-8 hotkeys, with no mouse integration whatsoever (well there's mouse integration that makes you click things you didn't click).
    After many, many, mods: new UI, mouse clicking bugfix on dialogues, huge bugfixing packs, etc I discovered computer generated quests... that halved my interest on this game just for them being in the game.
    A mix of all that made me quit after ~80h of playtime, of which I genuinely enjoyed probably only half.

So, now comes the hard part, would I recommend this game given the above? Probably yes, because even with its bugs, the utterly bad UI or the uninteresting computer generated quests the game still holds a lot of hours of fun and good roleplaying. What makes you quit this game, even with all the bugfixing-mods installed, is repetitiveness, Oblivion had less content so, even if it was repetitive too, you couldn't get bored much, this game not only has really an extreme amount of content but also features computer generated quests...

Ah, and watch out for amethyst rain: every human, animal and plant in skyrim holds at least on amethyst...
  11. May 6, 2015
    Skyrim has a awful short story, large empty world and broken and useless RPG elements.
    Story is: here comes a bad dragon who wants to destroy the world and you must defeat it...who was writing this...a ten year old boy. Morrowind did not have a Planescape Torment story but you had that mystic with Dagoth Ur and that was making Morrowind awesome story game...put more time in story mates. Evolve more mature depth story not cheep Hollywood action story.
    Civil war quest is also short and dumb...I was expecting from civil war more then go and take over the fort quests.
    Why did you built a large world where practically nothing happens ( come on Skyrim is in the middle of the civil war and I had never had a feeling while traveling through Skyrim that civil war is going ), put more life in Skyrim wilds and roads or reduce the map size that we have a feeling that something is happening ( New Vegas had that...reduced map with more life...their I had a feeling that war was going on between Legion and NCR ). Why did you not combine dragon revivals and civil war quests…you know dragon revival would effect civil war. I also had a feeling like people of Skyrim aren’t effected by dragons return and they are living their boring life…put more fear in your world.
    Sidequest are awesome but in the future instalment you must avoid putting quests like get me this item or get me this weapon ( do not cut it just reduce the pointless quests ), it is really pointless that you must travel from one edge of Skyrim to another just to take a item from the NPC and return it to the quest giver.
    Put guild requirements ( it is really dumb that a barbarian with no skill in magic can join mage guild, same goes with mage in fighters guild).
    Why put 80 points of perks where you can finish you character in 25-30 perks (built improve armor rating , improve damage with weapon , archery damage some sneak and restoration and here you have a awesome character and still I did not use smiting, alchemy or enhance perks because when you used them it is a overkill for every enemy) . Many trees like speech ( why did you not put perks involving shouts in speech tree), lockpicking ( only good perk is the one that improves your weight) are useless. Smiting, alchemy and smiting is OP ( put a limit how much you can improve potion or weapon or armor so it does not go in infinitive), some perks do not apply to weapons ( I think it was critical hit perks, probably some others also ).
    Why there is no attributes? It is really dumb that every character no matter how much is his weapon skill can always hit his enemy. Dexterity should determine a chance to hit, lose the perk that improves damage put strength attribute. Endurance should determine health and stamina and intelligence should improve magicka and spell damage , put willpower so you have better resist magic chance and charisma for sweet talk. Put better perks and not “ if you do a backward power attack you have a chance to stun enemy for 1 seconds and that is ultimate weapon perk ( wow…OMG ) and the list goes on.
    I also heard that many things like guild requirements, better civil war you developed in construction set but left it out…why?
    And after slamming your head to a wall because you wasted your money for BS like Skyrim you discover Skyrim Nexus and boy what a change...mods rule...thank you modders!!!
    Mods fixes many things but still dumb story is here and going ( no main story mod…yet ).
    My suggestion is if you are planning to develop new TES ask Obsidian ( most of them are ex Black Isle employees and we all know that Black Isle was creating best RPG-s ever ) to help you like you did in New Vegas…it is a win and win situation for you and us.
    I give Skyrim without mods 2/10!!!
    I give Skyrim with mods 9/10!!!
    I give Skyrim in general 7/10 because counting on modders to fix your game is lazy so Bethseda learn from modders. The game is unplayable without mods.
  12. May 2, 2015
    Update: thanks Valve and Bethesda for removing paid mods. :)
    Skyrim is one of the best RPGs ever made (when mods are used). Cannot wait for the next TES game.
  13. May 1, 2015
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a beautiful, addictive action-RPG, providing hundreds of quests for hundred hours of playing, and a large yet detailed world to explore. It's perfect, yes, without bugs and glitches.
  14. Apr 30, 2015
    This game is one if not the holy grail of the RPG Action Sandbox. The freedom of choice is pretty ample in most aspect, such as the construction of your characters being able to chose between different combat styles along with varying approaches such as stealth, ranged, ranged stealth, shield and one handed, two handed, dual wielding, etc.

It also provides out of combat approaches, such

It also provides out of combat approaches, such as blacksmithing or persuassion, which allow you to wield highly rated equipment that can compensate for your lack in combat skills, or earn enough money to hire help to go on your quests, along with posibilities to bribe or intimidate enemies or guards; or simply use your economic situation to pay for combat or stealth or even magic lessons and gradually become a skilled warrior while specialicing in money control.

The enemies are diverse, with distinct behaviour and their own lairs and settings, which are pretty well constructed, presenting ancient traps (ancient fortress), human lied traps (bandit caves or forts), or natural ambushes (Frostbite Spiders... Yuck!).

Magic and powers are also present in the game, having the traditional fire, ice and lightning spells, which come in the form of "walls", beams, shields or projectiles; and other spells such as invocation of creatures and spiritual weapons, fear and appreciation spells that will change the npcs behaviour towards you or each other, weapon enchanting, healing and undead turning spells, telekinesis and magic shields, etc.

The powers include the racial minor and or major powers, which vary depending on the race you may choose, the stones power which can be obtained in landmarks around Skyrim and present diverse powers such as revive a corpse for a limited time, poison an enemy, turn invisible for a short period, etc. This is complemented by other aquired powers, like the ability to turn into a werewolf, or a vampire, and lots of other powers granted trough questlines. The main quest starts you in the way of the voice, which allows you to project magic in shouts with little cooldown and varying, but often devastating effects (a huge force push "Fus Ro Dah", fire breath, ice breath, cold fire, disarm enemies (or allies), leave enemies (or allies) on the verge of death, and a long etc.

The map itself is fairly huge and provides tons of fortress, villages, caves and landmark or temples to explore, each of them fairly unique and well designed.

The npcs have their own life agenda, following slightly varying routines and all of them have independent disposition towards you. For example: if you are a dark elf you will be hated in some towns, leading to people treating you harshly and lowering their disposition towards you, meaning they will be less inclined to follow your persuasion intents on them. This can be changed by either helping them directly (with quests if they offer one or with shop patronage if they own one) or by helping their faction (helping their city or guild if they belong to one). You can always try to threaten them or put a charm on them that will turn them into your emotional slaves for a short time. If they like you, in the long time you will be helped if attacked near them, they will gift you items or coins sometimes, and if they die, you will be a beneficiary towards their heirloom.

All in all its a great game and it comes with one of the best and biggest modding communities, which have achieved amazing results for mod standards. But sadly, the horrible attempt of Bethesda and Valve to force us to pay for mods to get more money have hurt the modding community pretty hard, causing disloyal competence during the time the paying mods were active that now resulted in a fragmented community, with old hard working members that used to work together towards a goal opposed or outright rejected by their old partners, meaning some modding teams may not be again working together. Basically, mods were constucted with the help of numerous peoples and other mods, with the help and credit of the original authors. This allowed the creation of huge campaigns and assets. Once the paid mods were released, the scene turned competitive, work that before was borrowed was suddenly stolen, some modders tried to go standalone, hurting their counterparts, and some others leaved feeling insulted by the new system. Skyrim was a modding paradise. It will be long until it recovers from the damage done by the greed of the companies.

This game would be a 9, but after damaging the community by acting selfishly it is not the same.
  15. Vio
    Apr 29, 2015
    I saw a guy with 11 000 hours of playtime for this game. My own is over 300, and I haven't even gotten a quarter of the way in. Just be wary of any hint of paid mod introduction.
  16. Apr 28, 2015
    Best PC game of this decade IMO. But paid mods will destroy it. Mods are the best thing about PC skyrim. This review is to protest that from happening. otherwise 10/10.
  17. Apr 28, 2015
    23/04/2015 - The day Gaben has forsaken us.
    Do not support paid mods! Down with Bethesda's greed!
    Keep the pressure up against these greedy companies, otherwise you'll see your beloved games gone forever.
  18. Apr 28, 2015
    After the resolution of the "paid mods" debacle I can now endorse this game again.

Solid enjoyable game, greatly enhanced by mods. With mods it's a 10.
  19. Apr 27, 2015
    Update 4/27/15 - 10/10 (9.5) to push this game rating back to what it should be.

Paid mods have been removed and the battle has been won, thank you to all the soldiers in our fight.
  20. Apr 27, 2015
    Finally, and gladly, they removed the paid mods, but their crude and rude decision has done a lot of damage that cannot be undone easily. God bless us all.
  21. Apr 27, 2015
    Edit: Paid mods are gone but modgate will not be forgotten. We will stay vigilant, and we will be watching.

Skyrim is worth playing once again, hopefully Fallout 4 ends up the same way.
  22. Apr 27, 2015
    after lifting the payed mods you can look it up on steam its over with they won't be doing this anymore.

I now feel they can have a good score I'm giveing it a 9 out of 10 but really the game is kinda lame by its self the mods are what makes it good
  23. Apr 27, 2015
    Edit: Valve backed down on their decision and, as such, I can give the game the rating I believe it deserves. I hope they won't try anything like that ever again.

Skyrim is a great game, solid 8~~9/10, and mods can take it easily to a 10/10. Past message: This is a protest against Valve's new policy of paid mods. This is a great danger to everyone and is a clear and simple money

Skyrim is a great game, solid 8~~9/10, and mods can take it easily to a 10/10.

Past message: This is a protest against Valve's new policy of paid mods.

This is a great danger to everyone and is a clear and simple money grabbing tactic that Bethesda and Valve engineered together.

Skyrim without mods is a mediocre game at best. And guess what? Now you have to pay for the game, for the DLCs, AND the mods.

This is not acceptable.
  24. Apr 27, 2015
    Okay, now that the paid-mod is gone I can rate this game back up to 10.
    The base game alone would be 8~9/10 but with mods it's easily 10/10 or even 11/10.
  25. Apr 27, 2015
    Very large world to explore with a rich enough world that I'm pretty sure I'm never actually going to bother completing the story from all the distractions.
  26. Apr 27, 2015
    One of the RPGs ever made. It has so much content, it can keep you playing for weeks.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  27. Apr 27, 2015
    Fantastic game on its own, and with the addition of player created mods it is 100 times better.

And now that Valve and Bethesda seemed to have backed off of this paid mod idea, I will happily give this game the review it deserves, 10/10
  28. Apr 27, 2015
    This game is a modding paradise. Once upon a time a company called Valve Software came up with a silly idea which brought this great mod paradise to ruin. They came up with the idea for paid mods. This ruined the modding community surrounding the game, and pissed off the entire internet. Fortunately for the consumers, Valve likes money and wanted to continue making money, so they cancelledThis game is a modding paradise. Once upon a time a company called Valve Software came up with a silly idea which brought this great mod paradise to ruin. They came up with the idea for paid mods. This ruined the modding community surrounding the game, and pissed off the entire internet. Fortunately for the consumers, Valve likes money and wanted to continue making money, so they cancelled the paid mods idea, and the game became a mod paradise once again, and hopefully forevermore.

The End...?
  29. Apr 27, 2015
    Great Game! I was not happy at all with what Bethesda and Valve were doing with paid mods but the realized that they made a mistake and they backed off the modding community. they do their thing and we do ours. don't try to step on out turf and no one will get hurt. just remember that we do not forget!
  30. Apr 27, 2015
    I loved the community, which made mods cause they loved the game.
    Valve destroyed that in one night, together with Bethesda.
    I've translated mods and worked on other mods, never wanted a penny for it.

Valve eat **** and die, same Bethesda.
  31. Apr 27, 2015
    Skyrim is now a decent game again now that modding will remain free for it. It might not be as engaging as its forebears Fallout 3 and Oblivion, but its still entertaining, especially if you know how to mod it with multiple mods.
  32. Apr 27, 2015
    This game is one of my favorite games, the best part being the modding community. It's so good it doesn't even need a review. But if they ever try to make mods paid again . . . I'll be back.
  33. Apr 27, 2015
    enough said. Bethesda has over stepped. We won't stand for this no longer, bend now or be destroyed by our hands. You are ruining a game that was good as is. Good luck with your now dying company.
  34. Apr 27, 2015
    The game without mods - 5/10
    The game with mods - 11/10
    The game with paid mods - 0/10

The paid mods has caused the community to divide, and steam has shown that they can't into quality control.
  35. Apr 27, 2015
    This game with paid mods - 0/10

Congratulations for destroying the biggest modding community in the world in one day, Valve.
  36. Apr 27, 2015
    This game is useless without mods.And they want money for mods now.Greedy bethesda and valve ruined the game.Just avoid.Do not support this corrupted bussiness plan.
  37. Apr 27, 2015
    A fantastic game, but the paid mod policies are awful. The intention is good, but the execution is a mess.
    I will not support Bethesda anymore until they change their policies regarding the MOD situation.
  38. Apr 27, 2015
    The game is alright even. Dungeons and quests are rather repetitive and the UI is rather horrible. You can fix these issues by installing mods. But be warned - in this game certain mods will be monetized.
  39. Apr 27, 2015
    Paid mods.....Bethesda are as much a part of it as valve.

I loved this game, and I loved the mods. This is a money grab pure and simple.

Greed Greed Greed Greed Greed Greed Greed Greed Greed
  40. Apr 27, 2015
    Paid mods are absolutely horrible, it is right up there with day-one dlc, early access, microtransactions, and preorders. Valve and Bethesda want to take other peoples work, sell it, and only give the modder 25%. The modding community has been going strong for years and modded because they wanted to not because of the money.
  41. Apr 27, 2015
    With the monitization of mods, I can not recommend this game. In Bethseda's defense, taking 1.5 times more than a service that hosts your software to download makes sense. However, since Valve takes 30%, it leaves creators with only 25% from each sale, and they demand that modders must make $100 USD before receiving any money at all. That means for a modder to see any money, they haveWith the monitization of mods, I can not recommend this game. In Bethseda's defense, taking 1.5 times more than a service that hosts your software to download makes sense. However, since Valve takes 30%, it leaves creators with only 25% from each sale, and they demand that modders must make $100 USD before receiving any money at all. That means for a modder to see any money, they have to sell $400 worth of mods before even seeing a dime.

The current paid mod workplace is filled with cash for gold, overpowered weapons and armor, stolen content, and various mods designed to break your game to force you to reinstall.

Overnight, Valve has destroyed a community that was driven not by "money as information" but goodwill and user feedback. Bravo.
  42. Apr 27, 2015
    This game with paid mods - 0/10

This is the worst thing to happen in 2015 because Valve and bethesda wanted more money then they already make.
  43. Apr 27, 2015
    This game without mods - 8/10
    This game with paid mods - 0/10

Congratulations for destroying the biggest modding community in the world in one day, Valve/Bethesda.
  44. Apr 27, 2015
    Fans of this once great game now feel betrayed by Bethesda and Steam as they ruined this game completely. Mods were such a great lifeline of the community and now Paid mods is very much beyond a joke . Do not support this disgusting behavior by these company's. Skyrim has indeed sold its soul.
  45. Apr 27, 2015
    This game was amazing in the time before paid mods after that addition this game is terrible. Mods are what made this game for PC without them this game is average at best, but with paid mods this game is beyond terrible.
  46. Apr 27, 2015
    Game was OK at best vanilla, but full of bugs. The only way to fix bugs and make the game enjoyable was to add mods, which now the developer feels we should pay for, To fix their shortcomings, Its a joke really.
  47. Apr 27, 2015
    Mods are what has kept Skyrim going for years. The modding community has always been passionate about their work.

Well, guess what? Now Valve introduced paid mods with no copying protection, and modders only get 25% of the money? What drug was Valve on when they decided to implement this crap? And to think Bethesda, the game developers, fully supported this move, and get a whopping

What drug was Valve on when they decided to implement this crap? And to think Bethesda, the game developers, fully supported this move, and get a whopping 45% OF THE MONEY. It makes me angry just thinking about it.

Screw Bethesda. Screw Valve. Screw this game. It used to be fun. These two companies ruined it for me.
  48. Apr 27, 2015
    I bought this game, modded it heavily, and played over 200 hours. It was an enjoyable game and I would have recommended it until recently. Now, Skyrim is charging for mods. Mods that may be unsupported in the future. Mods that may be broken by either game patches or Steam changes. Skyrim, like most of Bethesda's games, relies on mods to fix holes in the gameplay and now that is gone.I bought this game, modded it heavily, and played over 200 hours. It was an enjoyable game and I would have recommended it until recently. Now, Skyrim is charging for mods. Mods that may be unsupported in the future. Mods that may be broken by either game patches or Steam changes. Skyrim, like most of Bethesda's games, relies on mods to fix holes in the gameplay and now that is gone. Therefore, I cannot recommend this game. Expand
  49. Apr 27, 2015
    Paid mods - Thanks for destroying the cooperation between modders.....
    Best to stay away from any sort of game that will introduce sort of paid mod system. As the next step is probably to pay for bug-fixes. As this game that needed a good bug-fixing, it wasn't done by Bethesda but by a modder!
  50. Apr 27, 2015
    "Remember, remember, the 24th of April, when god become greedy devil, when a savior become a destroyer" - NO PAID MODS (there are nothing more to say but sad 150 charactersssssss)
  51. Apr 27, 2015
    So Bethesda and Valve get together around a table.

They realise that Bethesda games are decent, but they're not amazing. They see that what makes their games so popular are the mods. Not content to celebrate the contributions modders have made Skyrim's incredibly long life (it's four years old and it's still one of Steam's most popular games), they decide to make a swift buck.
    So Bethesda and Valve get together around a table.

Nobody should be in support of paid mods.

The modders get a terrible deal and the players get a terrible deal.

The only people making real money here are Valve and Bethesda.
  52. Apr 27, 2015
    Skyrim, previously a decent yet somewhat soulless RPG game. Now a cash grab that brings you an industry first, paid mods. Are you kidding me? On top of this, the creators have to give more money to Bethesda than they actually get, and even now there are disputes and ugly competition growing in the modding community about this. Bethesda is ruining the modding community that kept theirSkyrim, previously a decent yet somewhat soulless RPG game. Now a cash grab that brings you an industry first, paid mods. Are you kidding me? On top of this, the creators have to give more money to Bethesda than they actually get, and even now there are disputes and ugly competition growing in the modding community about this. Bethesda is ruining the modding community that kept their games alive all these years. Good job. Expand
  53. Apr 27, 2015
    The game is fine but Valve and bethesda have gone the way of greed and are now charging money for what should be free content therefor i cannot recommend this game to anyone.
  54. Apr 27, 2015
    Steam and Bethesda are desperately trying to squeeze as much money from their customers as they possibly can, to the detriment of the gaming community as a whole. Paid mods ruins this game. Terrible mechanisms come into play through their introduction, for instance mod theft, people pulling free mods because of that, the encouragement of developers to release unfinished content (becauseSteam and Bethesda are desperately trying to squeeze as much money from their customers as they possibly can, to the detriment of the gaming community as a whole. Paid mods ruins this game. Terrible mechanisms come into play through their introduction, for instance mod theft, people pulling free mods because of that, the encouragement of developers to release unfinished content (because they can make money on modders fixing their games). It could be viewed as an attempt by steam to monopolize the modding scene by encouraging modders to abandon free alternatives like Nexus to make a few bucks (a measly 25% of the profit).

Steam needs competitors! Perhaps GOG Galaxy could be one.
  55. Apr 27, 2015
    Paying for mods? Absolute joke. No.
    Now we got payed mods, early access payed mods.
    I refuse to stand for this utter ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ on both Valve's and Bethesda's end

Was a great game and still is but I'm just guna give it a thumbs down for the forced payment of mods now.
  56. Apr 27, 2015
    This game is a rough diamond that really needs the polish added by some good mods.
    Now because of Greedy Bethesda and Greedy Valve, you could have to pay 100s of $$$ to make a 5year old game functional and worth playing...oh and only 25% of that goes to the modder, the rest gets taken by these greedy bar stewards.

Way to go guys, you've erased a decade of good will in one day

END PAID MODS!
  57. Apr 27, 2015
    No to the paid mod, f**** you stEAm and Bugthesda
    Skyrim i nothing without FREE MOD, they just just want to control somethign that give them MOOOOOOOOOOORE money, they have only money in the eyes, only this count for them
    Rise up master pc race, rise and fight them, go boycott them and attack them where that make them really hurt
    In he pocket.
  58. Apr 27, 2015
    Nobody likes paid mods.
    That was the point of this review. Bethesda and Steam are two money grabbing whores.
    At this point it's like trying to come up with bs to fill an essay.. stupid 150 word min.
  59. Apr 27, 2015
    Paid mods - Enough said. Valve and Bethesda have gone TOO FAR. I know their all about money, but they must be run by idiots to think they can get away with spitting in the face of a good portion of their player-base.
  60. Apr 27, 2015
    This game was great to begin with but with Valve deciding to ask money for mods (75% WTF?!) i will have to give this game a poor review. I do not appreciate this valve.
  61. Apr 27, 2015
    Mods brought a vast game to life. Between the split of the money, and the sudden massive split in the community, this was one of the worst ideas I've seen executed.
  62. Apr 27, 2015
    This game is pretty good without mods. It still holds up as a solid 6/10. With the right mods, it's right up to a 9.8/10. Basically perfect. With paid mods, I'd give it a 4/10 just for the money grabbing on the part of Valve and Bethesda.
  63. Apr 27, 2015
    7/10 for the game. It's about as an RPG it's about as deep as a puddle of muddy water, but with mods?
    10/10 for the game with mods. Skyrim is a testament to how much the modding community can improve a game. Of course having to pay for mods means this is a 0/10. Enough is enough.
  64. Apr 27, 2015
    This game would have been long forgotten if it weren't for the faithful modding community.

Creating paid mods not only destroys the spirit of the community, but also destroys the one truly good reason to play this game.

This blatantly shameless money grab has not gone unnoticed and unfortunately, causes me to give a game with great potential a pass.
  65. Apr 27, 2015
    Bethesda and Valve ruin a good community for more profit, All around awful idea.

I enjoyed playing Skyrim and the Steam workshop offered accessible mods that made the game pretty much endlessly fun. I would never say modders don't deserve some profit for good work, but this is not the right way to do it and also they aren't even the ones who will profit from this, just Valve because you can receive refunds for mods. Theres no good way to regulate this either, we'll see plenty of pirating of any these mods.

I lost my computer last year in a flood, I've been saving for months to buy a new one mostly for Steam games. After this however, I think I'll just save the money and find a new hobby. Companies choose to screw with good things to make marginal profits, Valve or Bethesda will NOT get another penny out of me.
  66. Apr 27, 2015
    WIthout mods this game is boring, bugged and blurred. That's why you need at very least 50+ mods to even start enjoying this game - and now you need to pay for mods.
  67. Apr 27, 2015

68. Apr 27, 2015
    Game was mediocre in every aspect and its only saving grace was modding. Now with Valve being greedy merchants, there's nothing redeeming qualities to this game. It's even worse on console as well solely because of the fact that they're limited machines made to be worse than PCs.
  69. Apr 27, 2015
    absolutely hereteical paid mods lmoa are you freaking kidding i mean what's next are tjhey gonna charge you for posting about it on forums? get rekt, bethesda and valve
  70. Apr 27, 2015
    Paid mods. Paid mods. Paid mods. Paid mods. Paid mods. Paid mods. Paid mods. Paid mods. Paid mods. Paid mods. Paid mods. Paid mods. Paid mods. Paid mods.
  71. Apr 27, 2015
    why yes of COURSE id like to pay you money for things that you didnt make thats how capitalism rworks right? give me a break you money-grubbing narcissists.
  72. Apr 27, 2015
    Skyrim - 0/10
    Gabe - 0/10
    Bethesda/Zenimax - 0/10

I can see what they were trying but blimey, could they have got it any more wrong?

This all needs to die.
  73. Apr 27, 2015
    Paid mods. Terrible. There's not a consumerbase on earth who should have to put up with this kind of blatant price-gouging anti-consumer practices. Ever.
  74. Apr 27, 2015
    Skyrim is not worth it without mods.
    Allowing Bethesda to earn money from mods just encourages them to do more buggy releases.
    Yes they deserve money for making the base game, and that's the money we PAID when we purchase the game. Yet Bethesda has to go greedy and ruin the modding community. Imagine a future beth meeting: A: hey wanna fix the dragon? its flying backwards B: nah
    Skyrim is not worth it without mods.

Imagine a future beth meeting:
    A: hey wanna fix the dragon? its flying backwards
    B: nah mods will fix it. and we'll get paid too.
  75. Apr 27, 2015
    The game is now promoting paid mods which is very bad for health of the community and potential gamer.

Such cynical acts are ruining gaming industry and are a greedy way for grabing cash from customers.
  76. Apr 27, 2015
    Expecting paid mod DLCs and mod DRM by the end of the year.
    Really epic move there, **** and Vulve. Congratulations. If gaming community buys this, I will lose my remaining faith in humanity.
  77. Apr 27, 2015
    Paid mods with only 25% of the money going to the creator?

As a bonus most of the mods aren't even worth the cost anyway.

Needs to be replaced with an entirely option donate button not this promised 'pay what you want' nonsense.
  78. Apr 27, 2015
    Free the mods. **** you. RIP modding. I will avoid Valve and Bethesda in the future and i will never spend any money on a mod. Greedy ****s. Cant spell ValvEA without EA
  79. Apr 27, 2015
    hiding mods behind paywall is disgraceful. Its a scam and they all need to feel internet hate machine back in action. If you want to reward modders donate. no shekels for bethesda
  80. Apr 27, 2015
    Paid mods are bad for consumers for games for mod comunity. Until retracted bad rewiev will stay intact. Dont bow down to this new form of DLC. Have some decency
  81. Apr 27, 2015
    Paid mods?! steam and bethseda really are scammers. Do not support these scammers. steam/developers/publishers = scammers, Paid mods?! steam and bethseda really are scammers. Do not support these scammers. steam/developers/publishers = scammers , Paid mods?! steam and bethseda really are scammers. Do not support these scammers. steam/developers/publishers = scammers , Paid mods?! steam andPaid mods?! steam and bethseda really are scammers. Do not support these scammers. steam/developers/publishers = scammers, Paid mods?! steam and bethseda really are scammers. Do not support these scammers. steam/developers/publishers = scammers , Paid mods?! steam and bethseda really are scammers. Do not support these scammers. steam/developers/publishers = scammers , Paid mods?! steam and bethseda really are scammers. Expand
  82. Apr 27, 2015
    Skyrim is a fun game, but to get the best experience, you need to install a bunch of mods. These mods are made by hobbyists, who want to do something good for the community, in an environment of mutual co-operation, honest criticism, and an urge to try new things. It's pretty much the last safe haven from the cynical strategies of manufactured blockbusters and DLC.

Now this fine

Now this fine tradition is under attack from corporate fat cats who want to earn a slice of the pie for doing nothing. It amounts to the routine exploitation of hobbyists. This isn't just a bad business move, though; it hurts the game. Already, we have seen free versions of mods incorporate nags to upgrade to the paid verison. We've seen modders take their work off the Nexus because frauds are stealing their work and uploading it for a fee on the Workshop. We've also seen free mods taken down and uploaded exclusive to the Workshop, hidden behind a paywall. I'm not sure how anyone could sustain the argument that this will result in a better product, or that it doesn't affect everyone adversely.

Perhaps most disturbingly, the move incentivises publishers to coerce develoepers into releasing a faulty or incomplete game, because they stand to benefit from the content and fixes that the community will surely provide. They might as well lay off some of their staff as well, because they have a plentiful source of cheap labour in hobbyists.

Don't listen to the lies of those who advocate paid mods. Tell a friend about the disturbing precedent that was set last week by Valve and Bethesda. Free the mods!
  83. Apr 27, 2015
    Two words : Paid Mods . Enough said. Now you might ask Why such a big fuss about mods ? Well , you see , mods are a quintesential part to gaming in general both keeping games alive for many many years and providing a third party support source when the developers fail. This modding community has existed for ages and had no problem doing this for free (and they still don't have any problemTwo words : Paid Mods . Enough said. Now you might ask Why such a big fuss about mods ? Well , you see , mods are a quintesential part to gaming in general both keeping games alive for many many years and providing a third party support source when the developers fail. This modding community has existed for ages and had no problem doing this for free (and they still don't have any problem with it). But alas , corporations like Bethesda/Zenimax and Valve are greedy and want to destroy a pillar of the gaming culture yet again . First were the dlcs now , unless we do something , there will be paid mods. Expand
  84. Apr 27, 2015
    Hiding user created content behind a pay-wall is absolutely disgusting behavior. Bethesda is a greedy company that wants to suck the life force out of the vibrant modding community. Do not buy this game, even if it's free.
  85. Apr 26, 2015
    Paid mod is the really bad idea. this completely destroy free mod community. i think donation button for supporting modder is a good method. Sorry for my English.
  86. Apr 26, 2015
    Valve and Bethesda say they are supporting modders on steam by allowing people to put a price on mods when actually they're leeching off them. mods on nexus are being taken down and put on steam severely reducing the modding community. 0/10
  87. Apr 26, 2015
    This game enjoyed years of success because of a highly motivated and creative modding community, unbound by an incentive to create for cash. Now, Bethesda decides it's alright to sell mods on Steam, with mod authors receiving only 25% from their labor.

Greed is bad. Stabbing a community renowned for their support of the game and its post-release success even after many years is even worse.

0/10 for a game that 'used' to be cool
  88. Apr 26, 2015
    Skyrim is a mediocre fantasy hack-and-slash with boring Fedex quests, unmemorable NPCs, shallow combat mechanics, ok graphics, terrible UI, and the list goes on. Despite its flaws, it sold millions and continues to be popular thanks to the wonderful modding community. But money grubbing Bethesda and Valve aren't satisfied until they milk their fanbase dry. They monetize mods under theSkyrim is a mediocre fantasy hack-and-slash with boring Fedex quests, unmemorable NPCs, shallow combat mechanics, ok graphics, terrible UI, and the list goes on. Despite its flaws, it sold millions and continues to be popular thanks to the wonderful modding community. But money grubbing Bethesda and Valve aren't satisfied until they milk their fanbase dry. They monetize mods under the guise of supporting modders, while taking 75% of the profits for doing absolutely nothing. This system is shameful, manipulative and benefits only the corporations, not the gamers or modders. Say no to paid mods! Expand
  89. Apr 26, 2015
    Fantasic game, what with all the free mods that you can get. It would be a crappy game if, I don't know, you had to pay $2.99 for each of the 50 mods you want to use.
  90. Apr 26, 2015
    The game is awful without mods. Mods are going to be behind a pay wall. 0/10

Boycott $team Work$hop. Don't support bad business practices. Don't give Bethesda or Valve your money.
  91. Apr 26, 2015
    Paid mods...without mods this game just does not hold up. It is not where near as good as oblivion or morrowind. Thanks valve...for screwing this up.,
  92. Apr 26, 2015
    This game is great, paid mods aren't. The vanilla game is nothing without the mods. If you do not believe this, try the vanilla game for a while. Then check out the YouTube mod channels and get a glimpse of what you are missing. It is also fair to say that the top paid-for mods are a joke. The majority are cut/pasted from someone else, or they break immersion with horrible bugs, or lookThis game is great, paid mods aren't. The vanilla game is nothing without the mods. If you do not believe this, try the vanilla game for a while. Then check out the YouTube mod channels and get a glimpse of what you are missing. It is also fair to say that the top paid-for mods are a joke. The majority are cut/pasted from someone else, or they break immersion with horrible bugs, or look like they were made with the tool kit in half an hr. Will bump to 10/10 if they get rid of paid mods. Expand
  93. Apr 26, 2015
    What a great game, until paid mods completely ruined it. What were you all thinking? This game is a great example of an excellent game ruined by greed.
  94. Apr 26, 2015
    Paying for mods.

fuggin character limit REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  95. Apr 26, 2015
    I fell in love with Oblivion, the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood were what fueled this love. Coming into Skyrim I had high hopes for it and I was hugely let down. I no longer felt like I was part of a family or even drawn the to characters and this was such a letdown to me.
    The mods for this game are what kept my interest in the series, and with the introduction of paid mods I have just completely lost my respect for the game once again.
  96. Apr 26, 2015
    I sure do love all this third party DLC! Yessiree, paid mods was a FANTASTIC IDEA! If you want to play this game I'd recommend you get it from Kickass.to or something. Don't give Bethesda or Valve any money, the retards don't deserve it.
  97. Apr 26, 2015
    Bethesda and Valve are encouraging modders to place their mods behind a Paywall the vanilla game is buggy and full of CDT again paid mod is a paywall.
  98. Apr 26, 2015
    Paid mods took one of the best open world games I have ever experienced a 10/10 in my opinion to a 1/10. Good Luck winning the community back Bethesda, you just shot yourself in the foot with the PC community.
  99. Apr 26, 2015
    Paid mods are the most toxic thing to the gaming community and mods are what made Skyrim, without them the game would be mediocre at best. Likely Bethesda/ZeniMax making up for their epic eso failure, greedy basturds!
  100. Apr 26, 2015
    Paid Mods? How much milking are these companies going to do on consumers? Gabe has always talked about how Valve has been "growing exponentially every year" or how he's "so open to communities interacting and sharing ideas/mods." For the former I ask, if Valve has been growing every year, then why would they feel the need to have paid mods that they take a 75% CUT from? For the latter,Paid Mods? How much milking are these companies going to do on consumers? Gabe has always talked about how Valve has been "growing exponentially every year" or how he's "so open to communities interacting and sharing ideas/mods." For the former I ask, if Valve has been growing every year, then why would they feel the need to have paid mods that they take a 75% CUT from? For the latter, if Valve/Beth are open to people modding their games, then why are they dividing the community by having paid mods? Expand
  101. Nov 11, 2011
    To those who can't believe how somebody could rate this game so low, I know exactly how you feel, about the game and the rating. I couldn't possibly care any less though.:)
    Good WRPG is all about choices/options and involved/enjoyable character development. An epic, well written story helps as well. This game does not have any of this.
    With a large world to explore, it first felt like a
    With a large world to explore, it first felt like a lot was possible. Cave exploration, ruin exploration, underwater exploration, fight X creature, find a random town and talk to random denizen, etc. After about 10 hours, it became more obvious that, yeah there is a lot you can do on the side, just none of it was all that interesting. At a certain point it just felt like I was playing offline MMO, in that the game allows you to do so much but it's just done so poorly.
    I know that the graphics aren't the most important part of a game like this but Skyrim don't even look average. I would never be so ridiculous as to say that I would buy a game just based on the visuals, but this game look like heavily moded Oblivion.

1. Feb 29, 2012