8.1

1. Feb 18, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is really fun to play the quests the AI. The story is not that GREAT but the game keep the atmosphere, side quests is the best thing in this game rly enjoy playing it but game had a lot of bugs on this side quests. 8/10 for me Expand
  2. Feb 15, 2017
    Now Skyrim. this game is reaaally mainstream so hate is to be expected, but let me tell you what this game does so well.
    Freedom and a true living world.
    Freedom and a true living world.
    Yep that's it. What other RPG does it so well? Random encounters by npcs, and u gotta love the courier lol, making friends of every single npc and a vast Lore which is 1000x more interesting than the quests in this game lol. Bethesda step up with the damn quests will u? But they are still decent and fun.
    And all elder scrolls are best experienced by PC MODS ! Don't worry consoles fans mods will evolve and come for u guys as well ;)
  3. Feb 5, 2017
    This game is boring and drab, with a few exceptions every single quest can be described in one sentence. (Example, raiders stole my food, I'll pay you to kill them.) Every single quest is an excuse to make you go through a process that goes like this, explore, kill things, loot, return to get bounty. Rinse and Repeat. Gameplay is awesome but story and the RPG is non-existent. Which is whatThis game is boring and drab, with a few exceptions every single quest can be described in one sentence. (Example, raiders stole my food, I'll pay you to kill them.) Every single quest is an excuse to make you go through a process that goes like this, explore, kill things, loot, return to get bounty. Rinse and Repeat. Gameplay is awesome but story and the RPG is non-existent. Which is what I expect from an Elder Scrolls title. Expand
  4. Jan 12, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The critics have seriously overrated this game. There is not way Skyrim is a perfect 10. And I will explain why:

Pros:
    -Great graphics with a beautiful landscape and nicely decorated and nicely designed dungeons and ancient cities
    -Great mechanic for crime; One hold's bounty won't affect how another hold treats you
    -Great Blocking mechanics, shield bashing is pretty much life in Skyrim's combat
    -Good selection of creatures and enemies
    -Great replay value
    -Great skill system
    Cons: (Watch out kiddos, this is gonna sting if it's your first TES game)
    -Overpowered shouting mechanic, where literally the first shout makes you a god in combat
    -Shouting cooldowns are on a wicked cooldown considering you are supposed to be kin to a dragon
    -The Armor cap pretty much makes heavy armor obsolete unless you just like the looks of being a plated warrior. Leather should NEVER be as protective as DAEDRIC armor
    -Dual Wielding has no point. You don't attack fast enough or deal enough damage to really make up for the damage you take without being able to block.
    -The combat mechanics are broken. When you are on legendary difficulty the worst part isn't fighting, it's watching your stamina because once you get dry on stamina, you are defenseless. And you will be shield bashing or using your weapon to bunt them a LOT. Which eats stamina FAST.
    -Accidents just cannot be forgiven either. Too many times have I accidentally shouted or swung my weapon and an idiot guard or peasant walked right in front of me at the last second only to catch my warhammer or my longsword to the back of their head and they want to call me responsible for it.
    -Dragons almost never land on ground without Dragonrend-- There IS a method of using frost spells, but if you aren't a mage, you won't be able to use this at all.
    -The main story is ridiculously short. I think it's only like 12 missions or something like that. I finish it in about 3-4 hours if I focused on nothing else.
    -The world isn't even that big either. If you want a large map to play on, try TES's Arena. You will spend literal days on that in exploring ALONE. You can run/sprint from Riften all the way to Solitude in about an hour. (Not including if combat comes around, that might take another 30min)
    -Literal no challenge. No repair fee, No exploring really necessary...
    -The wars between the Stormcloaks and Imperials was really short. You only had 2 major city takeovers and what was worse is that you couldn't actually see the cities crumble. You would think catapults would just lay waste to the city, but all you see is the damage scripted to happen. and it just got weak. You will quickly find yourself asking isn't there more to the wars than 2 city takeovers and a handful of fortress takeovers?

Overall Skyrim just doesn't come to par with Bethesda's other works. This is a dumbed down, kiddo version of what could've been a good game. But you would think that a game where you were considered a dragon, you would be able to shout as much as the dragons do, and not like a living draugr would be a fun experience, but I just get bored with it eventually.
  5. KFA
    Jan 7, 2017
    This game is not all it's hyped up to be.
    The quests quickly get repetitive and left no lasting impact on me.

There is loads of content, but the world is just too gray and gloomy for me to care about exploring.
  6. Jan 4, 2017
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 75/100
    Mein User Score = 8/10
  7. Dec 28, 2016
    Skyrim is a game in which I've wasted tons of hours into. The quests and the story itself are rather poor and uncreative (compared to the fantastic, crazy and well thought-out quests of Oblivion or Morrowind), but exploring Skyrim is a joy and is easily the best part of the game.

However, the game trully shines when you add mods which add more quality content into this game, adding another layer of replayability into an already great title.
  8. Dec 22, 2016
    The. Best. Game. In. The. World. Nearly everything about this game is perfect, whether it be the killer story, incredible world, or enjoyable gameplay. Of course, it's Bethesda, so of course the AI is a little buggy, and some quests are messed up, but it still doesn't change the absolute perfectness of this game.
  9. Dec 13, 2016
    I dont know why people like this. It is so boring. The world is not to my liking but hey it is my personal point of view. I tried getting into it but everything after 30mins or so I will lose interest in the game. I know people say it is a perfect game but if I cant get into it, it means the game is boring as hell for me.
  10. Dec 4, 2016
    One of, if not, the best game ever made. This game has everything anyone could ever desire, RPG elements, great story and immersive world. There is such a wide range of characters that can be created it is insane, from a stealthy khajit mage to a bulky argonian knight, the potential for character creation is nearly limitless.
  11. Dec 3, 2016
    This Is The Best Game From 2011-2015.

"Good Texture , Nice Additions , Great Story , RPG . 810"
    Gamers Kings - Геймеры Короли
  12. Dec 2, 2016
    The quintessential experience for immersion in a fairy tale. A world that continues to give and to grow even after hours and hours of playing. The plot is well developed and has multiple engaging threads. There is the feeling of freedom as you choose to change the fate of a nation, or simply gather herbs. The modding community makes this game approach perfection.
  13. Dec 2, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Скайрим ежжи. Игрушка дьявола ежжи.! Сюжет ну так себе, да ну 6 с половиной из 10, Геймплей ежжи ну 7 из 10, саундрет или саундтрек называйте как хотите, ну 8 из 10 поставлю. Драться вообще не очень приятно, отвра НУ ВОТ ЧЕ СРЕДИ НИХ? Игру слишком переоценивают Expand
  14. Nov 27, 2016
    Сюжет 8/10, геймплей 8/10, музыка 9/10. Игра очень затягивает. Когда я первый раз увидел скрины с игры, я подумал, что на мое мусорное ведро оно не пойдет, но все же на минималках я смог затянуться в этот мир.
  15. Nov 27, 2016
    Хочется начать с того что ее переоценивают. Геймплей 7/10. Сюжет 7/10. Саундтрек 8.5/10. Боевая система не очень, драться мне не приятно. Дизайн мира 8/10. Очень круто кататься на лошади.
  16. Nov 17, 2016
    -Геймплей: ||10||. Не раз хотелось вернуться в эту игру и, вновь побывав в этом мире, ощутить харизму игровых персонажей, вновь окунуться в лор этой замечательной игры, снова проходить бесконечное множество заданий, по-своему увлекательных и интересных. Перки, ковка оружия и доспехов, улучшения оных, ту'умы (крики на-драконьем языке), кои являются прекрасной игровой механикой, крафт зелий,-Геймплей: ||10||. Не раз хотелось вернуться в эту игру и, вновь побывав в этом мире, ощутить харизму игровых персонажей, вновь окунуться в лор этой замечательной игры, снова проходить бесконечное множество заданий, по-своему увлекательных и интересных. Перки, ковка оружия и доспехов, улучшения оных, ту'умы (крики на-драконьем языке), кои являются прекрасной игровой механикой, крафт зелий, большие и витиеватые диалоги и задания не заставят вас скучать. Разработчики предоставили игрокам громадный живой мир, в котором каждый сам для себя выберет судьбу: он может стать убийцей из Тёмного Братства или, например, архимагом легендарного и снежного города - Винтерхолда.
    -Графика: ||8||. На фоне ОГРОМНОГО открытого мира графика выглядит достойно, но если вам вдруг чего-то не пригляделось, то можно скачать моды на графику из интернета. Разработчики это предусмотрели.
    -Музыка и звуки: ||10||. Здесь, если честно, десятки будет мало. Это шедевр, который останется таковым навсегда (Jeremy Soule - Dragonborn).
    -Сюжет: ||9||. По ходу прохождения игры встречалось как много эпичных до слёз моментов, в которые ты погружался до основания не только разумом, но и душой и сердцем, так и капелька гринда и предсказуемости.
    -Общие впечатления: ||9||. В целом я остался доволен этой игрой, и, наиграв несколько 1000 часов, советую поиграть в неё всем тем, кто любит жанр RPG, а также тому, кто хочет познакомиться с ним, но боится промазать, - ребята, попробуйте, вам должно понравится. Я считаю, что Skyrim как раз и есть то самое попадание в яблочко.
  17. Nov 11, 2016
    Quite possibly the best game I have ever played. I started the series with morrowind but have now finished every game in the series and I can tell you that this is the most hyped I have ever been for a game. The story is amazing and the rpg mechanics were revamped and updated for a new generation. The world is massive, the characters are memorable, overall the game is a truly amazing experience.
  18. Nov 7, 2016
    Graphical mods and many gameplay mods really extend the game's longevity. Though it's not without its flaws, I highly recommend Skyrim if your PC can run it.
  19. Nov 1, 2016
    This is pretty amazing overall. You can create any kind of fantasy build imaginable and play however you want. Want to simply never finish the main quest? No problem, you'll still be busy for 100 hours.

Minor annoyances include a crappy difficulty slider (it only increases or decreases enemy health and damage by a percent, making certain builds like stealth archer obscenely powerful) and non scaling spell damage.
  20. Nov 1, 2016
    He venido a valorar Skyrim porque creo que se merece una critica favorable que no he podido dar en Skyrim Special Edition.
    El juego de Bethesda de 2011 me enamoró, y me tuvo enganchado al ordenador por más de 400 horas, y es que el contenido que tiene este juego es impresionante. La historia principal es muy buena, y las tramas secundarias de especialización de clase (asesino, ladrón, guerrero, mago) no se quedan atrás. El mapa es muy bueno, aunque quizás a lo largo de los años se ha quedado, en comparación a otros, como un mapa un poco vacío (nada que no se pueda cambiar con los mods).
    A nivel jugable, no tengo ninguna queja, de hecho la idea de cambiar entre primera y tercera persona me parece muy buena.
    Si fuera únicamente Skyrim lo que valoro aquí, seria de un 9, porqué tiene muchos errores gráficos y bugs; pero los Mods que ha creado la comunidad ha hecho de Skyrim un juego de 10 que sin duda recomiendo.
  21. Nov 1, 2016
    Since Skyrim´s coming back via the remastered version, I wanted to share my experience with the original here. I don´t get the overwhelmingly hype around that game. It´s ok, it´s playable. It had its moments. But that´s it for me. I´ve played Morrowind, Oblivion and the Fallout Games and I´m aware of Bethesda´s way of life, that´s for sure. Skyrim managed to impress me at first. ManySince Skyrim´s coming back via the remastered version, I wanted to share my experience with the original here. I don´t get the overwhelmingly hype around that game. It´s ok, it´s playable. It had its moments. But that´s it for me. I´ve played Morrowind, Oblivion and the Fallout Games and I´m aware of Bethesda´s way of life, that´s for sure. Skyrim managed to impress me at first. Many improvements compared to its predecessors. There were many good things about Skyrim - but as many bad things as well. I liked the story and the graphics design, well and lovely designed. I liked the quest system. But the overall graphics? White, white and more white (and pale brown), kinda monotonous, lifeless and depressing world/colors. There were some major bugs which prevented me from progressing the main quest (some door couldn´t be opened, and a vampire bit could only be undone by starting a completely new game/char) The controls/menu were poorly ported to PCs and it took time for a good menu-mod to be available. Just like the Fallout 4 PC controls - they simply suck. One of Bethesda`s big issues... graphical improvements mods required a high end rig. I´ve sat through the game once, it was entertaining enough not to stop before. I never intended to play it again. Expand
  22. Oct 29, 2016
    After playing the special edition, I realized I had rated this low for paid mods.
    This game is fantastic, even if you don't follow the main quest its a major time sink.
    Ignore special edition for the present (0ct 2016) and enjoy this game.
  23. Oct 28, 2016
    No work..
    In mode window no work alt+tab, control+alt+supr, windows key.... the game work fine but is
    ridiculous.
    In full screen the game crash..

And the paid mods..
  24. Oct 12, 2016
    This game is the second best game in the action RPG genre. The first being the Witcher 3. This game is a must buy to those 3 people out there that don't own the game.
  25. Oct 4, 2016
    Came back to this due to the incoming special edition. As I used graphics mods, it felt like it was released a few months ago, and the gameplay didn't get old a tiniest bit. Elder Scrolls never ceases to amaze me.
  26. Sep 24, 2016
    It's a epic game, history inmense, music awsome, gameplay fluid and great, supports for mod the very best, I spend more or less 200 hours in dlc's and the base game it's a great invertion. I love the game the npc had caracter, emotions its a epic game i reccomend it

NO ME IMPORTA NADA VIEJA SKYRIM EL MEJOR JUEGO DE LA HISTORIA
  27. Sep 23, 2016
    The whole game is very decent, still Bethesda wasn't able to create an immersive world that I could return to with sentiment, I played and I forgot but it doesn't mean the game wasn't a milestone in gaming industry. Huge, open world, lots of quests and beautiful soundtrack.
  28. Sep 15, 2016
    One of a best rpg games ever

+Very long playing time
    +Many mods availabe
    +Good Scenario
    +Good graphics

You must play this game

150 characters....................................................
  29. Sep 9, 2016
    One of the few highly rated metacritic games that are actually worth the praise. This game is a masterpiece, Bethesda outdid themselves coming from the attrocious Oblivion and the good but not great Fallout 3. I didn't actually believe i would have enjoyed it when i installed it for the first time. It was a big surprise for me.

This game, at the time of its release, had great graphics

This game, at the time of its release, had great graphics and strangely low PC requirements for those graphics. Much improved voice acting, big open world, interesting world.

This RPG is stellar on all fronts. Production values are great, the gameplay is great, story is decent, lore is rich. The content is huge and you will be playing for hundrends of hours, even without mods or add ons.

I love the freedoms of the new perk system. One of the most satisfying things in Skyrim is trying to make unique combinations and classes. I have made at least 60 myself, and they all play differently.

Skyrim is not without faults of course, and when it was first released it was buggier than the Amazon river. It still is and you should use the unofficial patches or wait for the remastered edition. But those faults mean nothing in contrast to how awesome this game is. Add the dlcs and some mods, and it becomes one of the best RPGs of all time.

I can't believe the userscore average of 8.1 . Some players seem very salty. This game is one of the best ever. Just because it doesn't have Bioware's lesbian and gay romancing options doesn't mean it is a bad RPG. Grow up!
  30. Sep 9, 2016
    This game stands well for a game running for 5 years, but it still has aged some. Everything in this game works, but there are a decent bunch of bugs and glitches, sometimes game-breaking. I would still highly recommend, especially for PC due to the tremendous mod support.
  31. Sep 8, 2016
    Skyrim and probably all elder scrolls games are breath taking and was an emotional and great journey, it hooked me for hours meeting npcs, and doing quests. and then modding it on top of all that lets you customize your game and change it to your liking whether its graphics, weapons, or mechanics. it is 2016 and the game came out in 2011 and i,m still playing it. This game is adored by soSkyrim and probably all elder scrolls games are breath taking and was an emotional and great journey, it hooked me for hours meeting npcs, and doing quests. and then modding it on top of all that lets you customize your game and change it to your liking whether its graphics, weapons, or mechanics. it is 2016 and the game came out in 2011 and i,m still playing it. This game is adored by so many people and will for years to come. Expand
  32. Sep 6, 2016
    Skyrim is a great and excellent game with over 900 hours of content and a huge map to explore. The best part about it is the free roam and the free choice which it gives to the player. You don't need to follow the questline or the side quests, you can literally do anything which you want to do. However, the user interface was not the best it could be and there are a few yetSkyrim is a great and excellent game with over 900 hours of content and a huge map to explore. The best part about it is the free roam and the free choice which it gives to the player. You don't need to follow the questline or the side quests, you can literally do anything which you want to do. However, the user interface was not the best it could be and there are a few yet insignificant glitches and bugs which can be accepted. Overall, The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim is a huge open world RPG, one that isn't easily forgotten. Expand
  33. Sep 6, 2016
    One of the worst games i have ever played i didnt find one good thing in this boring overrated game
    - story is **** boring all u do is just walk around and talk t people
    -the combat is terrible its **** boring -the characters u will dislike them all - the world is huge but its empty dead boring - graphics is from 2006 its terrible -the game is broken ther is alot of bugs and glitchs
    - story is **** boring all u do is just walk around and talk t people
    -the combat is terrible its **** boring
    -the characters u will dislike them all
    - the world is huge but its empty dead boring
    - graphics is from 2006 its terrible
    -the game is broken ther is alot of bugs and glitchs
    Dont buy this peace of **** go buy better games like the witcher 3 wild hunt
  34. Sep 1, 2016
    Masterpiece... Although to this day it is mostly due to the mods that still keeps it alive and provides ultimate immersion (Frostfall, iNeed, etc.) and graphical overhauls (ENB, Realistic Water Two w/ parallax, HDT-physics, etc.).
  35. Aug 23, 2016
    The game is amazing when you first play it, there is no other game that has given me the immersion and epic feel of when I first played Skyrim. Skyrim is probably the most influential game that has come out recently, it has revolutionized open-world games and paved the way for other games. There are many mods that only increase the game's playability and make the game overall moreThe game is amazing when you first play it, there is no other game that has given me the immersion and epic feel of when I first played Skyrim. Skyrim is probably the most influential game that has come out recently, it has revolutionized open-world games and paved the way for other games. There are many mods that only increase the game's playability and make the game overall more enjoyable to play. One of my favorite games of all time, would recommend to anyone that is new to gaming or a gaming veteran. Expand
  36. Aug 22, 2016
    There is a lot to do in the game but it all feels a bit lifeless. Also was unstable on my computer. Too many ghosts and zombies. Useless narrative. Drab environmental design.
  37. Aug 13, 2016
    Greatest and most immersive video game out there! The providence of Skyrim is a wonderful place to get **** in the ass by frost trolls and have the guards up your ass from accidentally pissing them off! What a great experience! I especially love when I forget to save and then get killed by some overpowered enemy! Best game ever created 10/10!
  38. Jul 30, 2016
    A beautiful game that stood the test of time. An addicting game that sucks you in the moment you step into the world of Skyrim. With the addition of mods, Skyrim can outlast any other modern game until a new Elder Scrolls game will be released.
  39. Jul 27, 2016
    Well, I'm a fan of Skyrim, I have played it like 7 times(full game) but I have to be honest, the game is not perfect and has a lot of troubles. Your actions doesn't really have a impact in the game(being the lider of the companion, thieft guild, etc), the leveling sistem is BS, the variety of weapons,armors and enemies are so poor, bugs, etc etc etc.
  40. R77
    Jul 23, 2016
    One of the greatest games of all time, still feels fresh and new after five years.

The Good: - The world itself feels alive like few other games have accomplished. The depth of activities, characters, and lore makes this one of the most immersive experiences ever. - The gameplay is intuitive, and the core interfaces are all friendly to heavy customization. Nearly everything can be

The Good:

- The gameplay is intuitive, and the core interfaces are all friendly to heavy customization. Nearly everything can be modded, and the library of mods out there is terrifyingly extensive.
    - The sounds and visuals are fantastic. Even on low system settings, the cracks in the wallpaper rarely show.
    - The freedom to play your own way is one of the hallmarks of Bethesda games, and in Skyrim you're almost immediately free to go do whatever you want.

The Bad:

- There are a few glitches around, but it wouldn't be Bethesda if there weren't. Compared to the recent PC editions of Fallout, though, Skyrim is relatively clean, and I only ran into one unexplained crash in over 90 hours.
    - Companion AI still leaves a lot to be desired, especially when they keep running into the path of your spells and arrows.
    - The Dawnguard DLC makes it way too easy for shopkeepers and other useful-but-not-essential townspeople to die.

Skyrim is one of the most impressive games ever, and holds up incredibly well after half a decade.
  41. Jul 19, 2016
    Skyrim is one of the best rpgs of all time and why you may ask,simple because it does best what many other rpgs failed to do and that is to roleplay.this game allows you to be your character and make your character into whatever you want to,if you want to make him a magician who is good at casting spells you can or make a character who knows how to kick some butt i mean who is good atSkyrim is one of the best rpgs of all time and why you may ask,simple because it does best what many other rpgs failed to do and that is to roleplay.this game allows you to be your character and make your character into whatever you want to,if you want to make him a magician who is good at casting spells you can or make a character who knows how to kick some butt i mean who is good at combat well you can anything that you want can be achieved in skyrim.i gotta be honest with you guys when i stepped out of the tutorial sectioni was absoloutely stunned by the gorgeous scenery i mean it was breathtaking no other game has made me so connected to its world as skyrim.the side content is absoloutely fantastic its creative like for example you go into a gold mine to find gold but instead you find a book you feel disappointed but if you read that book it will tell you an intresting story and a place where you can find some treasure but it doesn't end there when you go to that location you'll find an other intresting story and this is what makes it great.well many people complain about mediocre combat system well they need to give this game a chance a see through it because the other elements in this game overshadow the combat system and besides this is not an action rpg so you don't expect a good combat system from this game.well that's not even half of the features in this game but i've only played 35 hours so there is a bunch of stuff for me to do and iam not going to write everything i've discovered in fear of leaving something behind my final verdict for this masterpiece is 10/10 it really deserves it the only big problem i've had is the constant crashing Expand
  42. Jul 6, 2016
    The game really is just a walking simulator with boring side quests and a cliche main quest. The combat system is awful. The sword fights are just long repeated clicks until the enemy is dead and the magic is just hold until enemy is dead. The game does look beautiful, and wandering around is pretty relaxing, but I wouldn't call this a "game". Very overrated...
  43. Jul 6, 2016
    Gameplay : 8
    Graphics : 7
    Story : 7
    Sound : 7
    Overall : 8
  44. Jul 3, 2016
    This game is just plain awesome and I can't think of many negative things about it. First of all, the graphics are still acceptable and good in 2016 which can be made even greater using mods. The gameplay is extremely fun and I don't think anyone would find themselves bored playing this masterpiece. There is always something to do, the game just refuses to end! Also, it has a fair priceThis game is just plain awesome and I can't think of many negative things about it. First of all, the graphics are still acceptable and good in 2016 which can be made even greater using mods. The gameplay is extremely fun and I don't think anyone would find themselves bored playing this masterpiece. There is always something to do, the game just refuses to end! Also, it has a fair price for that amount of content. The only negative thing I can think of about it would be paying for mods. Yeah that's a shame but I just can't understand how someone can find this game boring even without mods. I've finished the main story on PS3 years ago and I bought it for PC and I didn't feel the need to fill it with 1000+ mods even though I could. I just have 3-4 mods which add a search tab on the item menu, map etc. Nevertheless, this is still one of the best games ever without mods and I think mods just add some extra flavor which you can absolutely go without and have tons of fun hours. Expand
  45. Jun 14, 2016
    the game is great, what i like the most is the big world and immersion in this game. for example every npc is different at each other like a real person, unlike another sandbox game that npc is just a copy paste at each other.
    the reason i dont give skyrim 10 is because of lack of the story and repetitive gameplay. Also skyrim graphic is very dull, luckily there are many mods that improve the graphic quality in skyrim
  46. Jun 10, 2016
    I like Skyrim. I played it for hours, and I will always play it. I play on PC, so, the graphics dosn't matter. I love the musics, but the story is... flat. Here the resume of Skyrim : Hello, i'm Alduin and I come here to ate yo... WHAT THE F??! FUS RO DAH !!!!!! *credits*
    Cool, but easy. 8/10 -Metacritic
  47. Jun 7, 2016
    I liked it. I mean seriously, what are you doing on here reading about this game? Go play it. Then go onto google, look up Skyrim rule 34, and then ruin your life one messed up picture at a time.
  48. Jun 4, 2016
    hninhidndnihsiudhidiyndyunidnidhinduihidhhudhuddyhydhhdhydhdydhyhdhydhdyhddhyudyuhduyhdhdyuhdyhdyhdyihdhydyudhduydyhdyiyhdhdyudydhyudhdiduyhdiyhdyhudhdyudhiydhiydhyid
  49. Jun 4, 2016
    For everyone that likes and want deep and atmospheric music in a Middle Ages game like this. The Story is very good and the DLC 's have a brilliant story too. Many References to older Elder Scrolls. You have mods in the Steam Workshop if you want to expend your game. It is worth buying especially today. If you play this game for real without cheats and just enjoy the game and theFor everyone that likes and want deep and atmospheric music in a Middle Ages game like this. The Story is very good and the DLC 's have a brilliant story too. Many References to older Elder Scrolls. You have mods in the Steam Workshop if you want to expend your game. It is worth buying especially today. If you play this game for real without cheats and just enjoy the game and the soundtrack you will never forget the experience you made with the game. The Soundtracks are so good, atmospheric and emotional. Brilliant game
    9/10 because of waiting for TES-6... haha
  50. Jun 2, 2016
    There is only one reason why this game in 2016 is still being played, FIVE years after it's release. -=Mods=- Yes, mods. Mods is what makes this flawed game great. Bethesda even gives you their own creation tools for you to tinker with every aspect of the game. Want something that isn't possible with the creation tools? Write a script! Install SKSE if you reach Bethesda's scripting limits.There is only one reason why this game in 2016 is still being played, FIVE years after it's release. -=Mods=- Yes, mods. Mods is what makes this flawed game great. Bethesda even gives you their own creation tools for you to tinker with every aspect of the game. Want something that isn't possible with the creation tools? Write a script! Install SKSE if you reach Bethesda's scripting limits. It has nearly an astronomical ammount of mods on the nexus (or steam). This and only this is why Skyrim deserves a perfect 10.

Without mods, Skyrim is just a slightly above average game. Especially on day 1 it was painly obvious it was developed for consoles. It had a really incredibly terrible user interface (which was fixed by a mod eventually) and on day "2" Bethesda came with some badly needed high resolution texturepack.

The story isn't all that extraordinary and can be played through in under 40 hours. The combat gets predictable after a while and a mod is needed to make it interesting again. The gameplay is quite fun, but the vanilla levelling system, skills and perks are flawed. The quests given throughout the game are just OK. Enemy AI doesn't make sense most of the time. Since an arrow in their face shouldn't fall under "must have the wind". And dragons making angular turns isn't also something i would call realistic.

But, everything is fixable with mods. And because Bethesda designs the game around the ability to mod it, it deserves a perfect 10.
  51. Jun 1, 2016
    Wow.... One of the best RPG ever. Incredible beauty world and lore. Good crafting and leveling. If only missions was varied I would give 10/10. But I love this game.
  52. May 29, 2016
    Overated game fixed by mods. If you look without mods it will be like this:

1. Poor story 2. Bethesda has history with hiring worst voice actors in history of gaming. Why is that I really dont know but Skyrim is no exception. 3. Side quests mainly kill this and that. 4. No cinematic in the game at all. (Bethesda learn form CD projekt red) 5. Dialogues are joke. 6. No interaction
    Overated game fixed by mods. If you look without mods it will be like this:

1. Poor story
    3. Side quests mainly kill this and that.
    4. No cinematic in the game at all. (Bethesda learn form CD projekt red)
    5. Dialogues are joke.
    6. No interaction with characters
    7. Very poor combat system.
    8. Not very good balanced.

Will be 6.5 or 7/10 but Ill give 5 to lower fan base hype.

Once again Bethesda learn from CD projekt red and witcher games.
  53. May 25, 2016
    This is very good gameplay but it has bad influence to people.
    It gives subconscious demonic messages it has names of real life demons to game gods or game humans that you
    This is very good gameplay but it has bad influence to people.
    interact with, also the name dragonborn what does it really mean, it is refering to antichrist ,who will show himself as a saviour (but the truth is that he cant even save himself),so the dragonborn ingame is the saviour of skyrim from the dragons.
    weapons and armor that you wear and use in game have the 666 on them if you look carefully also many other demonic symbols in artfacts buildings doors everywhere ,necklaces and many other things
    its not the first time i see this in a game but i think bethesda is gone too far with it
    bethesda you could make this game the best ever ,but no you had to put all this demonic stuff in it and make us discuss with your evilness.
    I TOTALLY DONT RECOMMEND THIS GAME ESPECIALLY FOR CHILDREN UNDER 20 YEARS OLD I REGRET BUYING THIS GAME i feel ive been decieved
    heres some videos i found in youtube about this matter you should check them out
  54. May 25, 2016
    I was able to get the complete download from Amazon for a very reasonable cost, as soon as I logged in I was instantly hooked! This game is a great way to spend a few hours or less, having a virtual world to explore by your self makes you appreciate all the detail that went into the game design. Controls are a little different than online MMORGs but easy to manage. I expect that I willI was able to get the complete download from Amazon for a very reasonable cost, as soon as I logged in I was instantly hooked! This game is a great way to spend a few hours or less, having a virtual world to explore by your self makes you appreciate all the detail that went into the game design. Controls are a little different than online MMORGs but easy to manage. I expect that I will keep this and Oblivion for as long as i am able to. I gave the game less than a 10 due to the "Steam" factor, I would prefer a stand alone deal. I initially got the disk and was forced to download ALL the content anyway, a time consuming process I had hoped to avoid....I am liking Steam more now but resented being forced to use their service to play the game. Expand
  55. May 23, 2016
    So Skyrim is my third favorite elder scrolls game so here are the pros and cons

The Pros: +Perks +Dual Wielding +Better Archery +The Graphics were amazing back in 2011 +The Smithing is cool +Mods +Main Quest was cool +Tons of side and misc quests +Werewolves are back for the first time since Morrowinds Expansion Bloodmoon and they are in the main game Cons: -No Mysticism
    So Skyrim is my third favorite elder scrolls game so here are the pros and cons

+The Graphics were amazing back in 2011
    +The Smithing is cool
    +Mods
    +Main Quest was cool
    +Tons of side and misc quests

Cons:
    -No Mysticism
    -Classes are gone
    -some spells from oblivion didnt return like water walking or the unlock lock spells
    -Guild questlines are slightly worse than oblivion's guild questlines
  56. May 16, 2016
    this is just sandbox and very boring

if your mod it its fun in begin its will welcome boring again

story 1/10

all dungeon are same

4'/10 with mods
  57. May 15, 2016
    10/10 Skyrim tem uma excelente historia, bons mods, cenario espetacular, sistema de combate excelente, nao vejo outro rpg para pc que possua um conjunto melhor que Skyrim.
  58. May 12, 2016
    10/10 for the gameplay
    10/10 for the level of detail put into the game.
    10/10 for content and the extremely large amount of replay-ability
    10/10 for big **** statue mods
    10/10 for the best modding community
    5/10 for main story
    10/10 for side quests.
  59. May 9, 2016
    An authentic jewel, full of nice gameplay, incredible story and addictive, and re-playable.
    i love this game, with all kind of mods in pc version we have hundreds of hours of fun
  60. Apr 29, 2016
    "Epic" might be the word one is looking for when he tries to describe The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, but somehow, this wonderfully addictive RPG is not absolutely flawless.
  61. Apr 27, 2016
    This is one of my favorite games of all time! If you for some reason haven't played this masterpiece yet, buy it now!! (believe me you won't regret it) The only reason I didn't rate this game a 10/10 is because if feels like they sacrificed some quality for (even) more quantity.
  62. Apr 18, 2016
    norm nioniniuhbuyog8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
  63. Apr 10, 2016
    For an Oblivion's successor I would wish:

- Fighting art included, where proper striking/blocking combination is as important as character stats. - Sorcerer's battles with massive lightning effects, spanning over whole screen, casting complicated spells with some key combination found in an ancient book hidden in the last corner of an abandoned elf mine. Freedom of dressing where
    For an Oblivion's successor I would wish:

Freedom of dressing where player's own ideas in plate armour combinations or different armour layers can contribute to his advantage over opponents.

Characters react to situations and are not all scripted. Not much is needed, but when right after dragon attack an old lady casually asks, if I fancy a chatter, is the mood ruined.

Unfortunately it stayed where Oblivion ended. At least we got:

Real sized dragons (yes they did it!!)
    Wonderful graphic ovehaul
  64. Apr 7, 2016
    This game deserves all the hype it gets. Skyrim is a massive, beautiful world with thousands of things to do.

The quests, combat, exploration, and character customization are superb. The only flaw I can point out is the bugs, which can be frustrating from time to time, but mods can eliminate most. Bought on sale for $14. Played for 8 months, logging 371 hours. The epitome of a

The quests, combat, exploration, and character customization are superb.

Bought on sale for $14. Played for 8 months, logging 371 hours.

The epitome of a good game.
  65. Mar 26, 2016
    This is what you call an open-world game. You go anywhere and do anything. As you explore the different areas, you'll see npcs doing their chores, going to bed at night, living out their day-to-day lives, wild creatures, fishes in the water, bandits, everything.. And DRAGONS!!! The world is alive!! The world is so beautiful. A truly immersive experience you wouldn't want to miss. It is aThis is what you call an open-world game. You go anywhere and do anything. As you explore the different areas, you'll see npcs doing their chores, going to bed at night, living out their day-to-day lives, wild creatures, fishes in the water, bandits, everything.. And DRAGONS!!! The world is alive!! The world is so beautiful. A truly immersive experience you wouldn't want to miss. It is a much more in depth open-world as compared to newer games like Fallout 4, or the not-so-open world games like MGSV and The Witcher 3. Play good or bad. Join the thieves guild or be an assassin with the Dark Brotherhood. Play with magic or swing your sword while running around like a crazy person. You can get married or adopt a child. It's all entirely up to you!!.

When you are given a quest, it's up to you on how you want to approach the situation. You want to fight everyone, you can. Sneak pass and play stealth, Yup. Set up traps, go archer? Magical spell so you can feel like Harry Porter or whatever? Or you might be even lucky enough to talk your way through in some cases. All is possible. Everything rarely feels scripted or linear and It doesn't demand that you approach it the way they want you to (ie MGSV and TW3). Story and side quests are mostly well written. It requires quite a few decision making and your decisions actually do change the world. It's bizarre. Characters are well designed too. The armour, the weapons are sooo awesome. They look nice and feel nice. Crafting is so addictive. Do not leave them out when playing this game. Music is nice (though I think Oblivion has better music). You can create your own character, male or female, have different races to choose from (not forced to play as random old man). And mods!!! The mods add so much. The graphics mod will make this game better looking than games lots of newer games.

Overall, Skyrim is a game on a different level. It's the ultimate game to date that doesn't feel outdated in terms of the gameplay. Slap on a graphics mod and you will have the ultimate package. More than 500 hours spent on this game. Best! 10 out of 10!!
  66. Mar 25, 2016
    Skyrim is a masterpiece. It's one of my favourite games of all time even 4 years after release I'm still enjoying every second I spend in Skyrim. I hated myself for just playing Skyrim on ps3 as my fun was quadrupled when I got it on the PAC, mainly because of the modding community. I'll now talk about how good Skyrim is.

The Story The story in Skyrim isn't really talked about that much

The Story The story in Skyrim isn't really talked about that much because people tend to get side-tracked from Skyrim's story due to the huge open world of Skyrim. The plot of Skyrim is that u play as a prisoner who is about to be executed along with some other storm cloaks. However lucky for you a dragon attacks the city and kills nearly everyone in the city and destroys most of it. You and a member of the imperials escape though and the open world of Skyrim is then opened up to you. You then need to find out why the dragons are coming back and stop them. After doing a few quests you discover you are one of few people to be called a "Dragonborn" which is basically a person who slays dragons and absorb their souls. The story in my opinion is one of the let downs Skyrim has. I know I have seen this sort of plot before and it seems just boring. I didn't really care about why the dragons are coming back I just wanted to stop them. Thank god that the quests you're put on are better than the plot.

The characters Like most Bethesda games I don't particularly think that the characters really stood out. People just seem to be people. There isn't much else to say about it I didn't really care much about people I just thought they were people going about their business. The exception is actually the playable character. I seem to like the playable character more than most of the people living in Skyrim which is saying something as the main character is the only character that isn't given a personality. The personality is forged by the player. If they want their character to be a cold hearted murderer who works for the dark brotherhood they can make them be that, they want them to be the civil protector of Skyrim they can do that as well, if you want them to settle down have a family with a wife and kids and a house you can make them do that (Well with the hearthfire DLC)

Graphics and sfx The graphics in Skyrim are great I only wish my computer was able to handle the ultra graphics setting so I'll need to settle with high quality. However I do have a few complaints about the graphics. The graphics seem to make some parts of Skyrim particularly the snowy areas of Skyrim look rather drab and bland. I also thought they could have made the water look a bit better. In the end I decide to get mods to fix my problems so there now doesn't seem to be much to complain about graphics wise

The sound is fantastic. Sound changes depending on the scenery you're in you can listen in on other people's conversations if you're in towns you can even get quests if you listen to the conversations.

Enjoyment I really enjoyed my time in Skyrim and I still visit it every once in awhile. All quests seemed fun and some of the side quests seemed to have better plots than the actual main plot of Skyrim. I also seem to like the DLC plots more than the main plot of Skyrim.

I even had fun just running around exploring all of Skyrim

Final Verdict No matter weather you've played previous elder scrolls games before or you're not into open world games I recommend Skyrim to literally anyone I can find

Skyrim is a must buy, even more of a one if you get a deal on it, DLCs are also worth it too however I might wait till the Hearthfire DLC has a discount on it as it doesn't add as much as the Dawnguard or Dragonborn DLCs.
  67. Mar 21, 2016
    Overall, this is the best Elder Scrolls title. There are bits of Morrowind and Oblivion that I like better, but overall Skryim wins the crown. Some people confuse streamlining with simplification, but they are different. The game is streamlined in regards to the mechanics, but it is not dumbed down or anything like that. The streamlining tightens up the game and gets rid of much of theOverall, this is the best Elder Scrolls title. There are bits of Morrowind and Oblivion that I like better, but overall Skryim wins the crown. Some people confuse streamlining with simplification, but they are different. The game is streamlined in regards to the mechanics, but it is not dumbed down or anything like that. The streamlining tightens up the game and gets rid of much of the useless grinding that is too common in many RPGs.

This by far the most immersive TES title Bethesda has made, and with the addition of many superb mods, one can almost lose themselves in the gorgeous world.
  68. Mar 18, 2016
    will not mince words. Skyrim became one of the best modern games because a community of amazing and talented people made post release modifications. These transformed an expansive game into a full and rich experience that could be enjoyed for hundreds of hours. THEN THEY BURNED IT TO THE GROUND. NO PAID MODS. 1
  69. Mar 10, 2016
    Hands down my favorite game of 2011
    and 2012
    and 2013
    and 2014
    and 2015
    and 2016

Amazing game on it's own, with an experience enhanced by DLC and Mods.
  70. Mar 10, 2016
    there's dragons, swords, bows, axes, maces, sneaking, thieving, extortion, fire, ice, necromancy, skeletons, zombie warriors, shouts, mean old men, war, bandits, invisibility, high elves, dark elves, wood elves, nords, redguards, human cat men, smugglers, drugs, mad gods, AND THE CHEESE! TO DIE FOR!

Now STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM and buy this game.
  71. Mar 7, 2016
    When I got this game for x-mas in 2011, I did not leave my computer for a good 3 days. I played hundreds of hours in Skyrim, and thousands with modded Skyrim.

This is not Oblivion. This is not Morrowind. But I'll be damned if anyone can play this game without having fun. Expansions are overpriced, so get the legendary edition instead ;)
  72. Feb 29, 2016
    10 simply because it dragged me in when it was released..and I never bothered with its bugs or bad ai or some poor graphics some people said...I only can remember me playing the game for 2 weeks making a score of 155 hours played..Same as morrowind did back then (althought I was much younger to understand what I was playing)..I could say its one of the best games

In the negatives id put

In the negatives id put the gearing that makes u almost invincible ;p
  73. Feb 28, 2016
    I got this bundled with Bioshock Infinite a few years ago and didn't think much of it after a few minutes. A few months later I tried it out again and vanished for no less than 9 months, a denizen of Skyrim. Easily the best game I have ever played, particularly with mods. Characters, landscapes, story, immersion, and exploration are second to none. I can't say any more than what'sI got this bundled with Bioshock Infinite a few years ago and didn't think much of it after a few minutes. A few months later I tried it out again and vanished for no less than 9 months, a denizen of Skyrim. Easily the best game I have ever played, particularly with mods. Characters, landscapes, story, immersion, and exploration are second to none. I can't say any more than what's already been said. Expand
  74. Feb 16, 2016
    I had this game since the beginning. Beat it multiple times, played with mods and quit altogether because I stopped having a life. It is the reason why I avoid 80hr+ rpgs in general. It's been 5 years now and I still feel like it was released yesterday. If you get addicted easily, you might want to stay away from it.
  75. Feb 9, 2016
    This game make forgot my time. so funny Somtimes I don't go anywhere for play this game. if you wnat funny on your life, play this game then. good. Thank you.
  76. Jan 31, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Great game pros. Graphics detail dungeons awesome towns and cities cons .dragonbourn dumming down small world defenitly worth the money just buy it Expand
  77. Jan 31, 2016
    Skyrim follows the same conventions as the previous TES games really good world design, good graphics for its time and a good soundtrack, however Skyrim expresses these conventions more than any other TES game with it's massive dense world design and 3 years old undated graphics, I'll admit that the soundtrack might not be as good as the previous games because most of it is unoriginal. ISkyrim follows the same conventions as the previous TES games really good world design, good graphics for its time and a good soundtrack, however Skyrim expresses these conventions more than any other TES game with it's massive dense world design and 3 years old undated graphics, I'll admit that the soundtrack might not be as good as the previous games because most of it is unoriginal. I could go on about the good points of Skyrim but that is covered very well by other reviewers.

I'll be the first to admit Skyrim is a no way near perfect game but most of the bad points about Skyrim can be protested, the combat for example, lots of people say "Why can't Skyrim have combat like Chivalry or Shadow Warrior well that’s because Skyrim is a console game as well as a pc title and it would be near to to impossible to make the melee combat as complex as Chivalry’s because there are only so many buttons on a controller plus the demographic that would play the game on console wouldn't appreciate the hardcore melee combat in a game like Chivalry and finally if they were to make the combat more player skill focused like Chivarlry it would make stat based weaponry pointless and stat based weaponry is a vital component of an TES game and most RPGs. I'll accept the complaint that what you do in Skyrim doesn't affect anyone or anything for example when you defeat Alduin dragons will still spawn, the only difference is that npc's will have different dialogue.

Skyrim is a game you will either love or find okay it all depends on if you can get over the shallow combat and if you're prepared to have to face the odd repetitive dull quest (if not just mod it).
  78. Jan 31, 2016
    How to play Skyrim: Accept a quest, fast travel to an area, do one of three things (kill someone, talk to someone, get an item), return to the quest-giver, and get a leveled item and another quest. Repeat.

A nice followup to Oblivion. Fun, but nothing innovative or special.
  79. Jan 29, 2016
    11/10 actually, I've played over 250h of Skyrim so far and I must say It's the game I mostly want to continue when I come back home from work.

It's exciting how much you can actually just be yourself and the world around you reacts to very little details of your choices. This game could be even higher rated if there wasn't that paid mods problem in the past, but I'm glad I can freely

This game could be even higher rated if there wasn't that paid mods problem in the past, but I'm glad I can freely install any mod now, even through Steam 's Workshop.

It's the most amusing game that I'm still playing, and probably one of the most exciting games I've played so far.

Waiting for "The Elder Scrolls VI: Cyrodill" or something with Dwemer, Talos and the Brass Tower.
  80. Jan 28, 2016
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is easily one of the best games of its genre to date, maybe overall. Add relevant mods and you'll definitely get all the fun and experience that you can ask from one game in possibly hundreds of hours of game play.
  81. Jan 27, 2016
    8/10 without mods, 11/10 with mods.
    8/10 without mods, 11/10 with mods.
    A true role-playing experience where you can get lost on a near endless string of exploring, questing, and doing whatever the heck you want to. Create a character to your liking and just have fun. The story is good, the combat is fun, the dialogue and quests are fantastic, but don't be afraid to get distracted and loose yourself by following a goat around town while constantly dropping cheese rolls and brooms on it for a whole afternoon.
  82. Jan 25, 2016
    Even today, after six years, Skyrim Legendary Edition proves a game at the last exit. The strength of the game is the accurate aesthetic objects and environments. when you take up arms (beautiful), you have the feeling it physically in his hands, and when you wander in the landscape, you have the feeling of being free in a vast world to explore. There are a lot of bugs, but it's so niceEven today, after six years, Skyrim Legendary Edition proves a game at the last exit. The strength of the game is the accurate aesthetic objects and environments. when you take up arms (beautiful), you have the feeling it physically in his hands, and when you wander in the landscape, you have the feeling of being free in a vast world to explore. There are a lot of bugs, but it's so nice that all is forgiven. Simply a crucial game, a must! Bethesda is working on the next episode; I hope it is not a disappointment as Skyrim Online and Bethesda has more courage than in Fallout 4 where virtually nothing has changed compared to Fallout 3. Expand
  83. Jan 24, 2016
    This is it. Bethesda had finally done their homework by listening to their fans, researching into what worked and not thus far in this most complicated genre of all, what made Morrowind so much deeper and more memorable than Oblivion -- and they released what is probably their best and most consistent game yet. All things considered, it is also among the best role-playing games ever made.This is it. Bethesda had finally done their homework by listening to their fans, researching into what worked and not thus far in this most complicated genre of all, what made Morrowind so much deeper and more memorable than Oblivion -- and they released what is probably their best and most consistent game yet. All things considered, it is also among the best role-playing games ever made. But Bethesda needed all their blood, sweat and tears, all the hard experience from Arena to Fallout 3 to pull this feat.

Skyrim is best described as a distinctive, homogeneous experience in a dynamic open world. I think it is best played in huge chunks, in a wide-eyed, semi-meditative state, which is a prerogative of open-world RPG's, this pinnacle genre in video gaming. I'll try to break down the best components of this experience:

- As much as the vast open-world formula permits it, Bethesda creates free-roaming NPC's with true characters -- even if only some of them really stick out and even fewer are memorable. As expected, characters who are relevant to the main plot are fleshed out the most: Ulfric Stormcloak, his second-in-command Galmar, Esbern, and our clandestine associate Delphine, perhaps most of all. What is great though is that some of the less important characters end up being quite memorable too: Ancano, the mysterious Thalmor emissary in the College. Madanach, the disgruntled leader of the Forsworn. Kodlak Whitemane, the Companions' elderly foreman who even writes a lengthy diary that we can discover. And when I finally lost my loyal sidekick Lydia in some dungeon after days of doing quests together, I felt a genuine sense of emotional loss (even if she wasn't one of the more memorable NPC's), a very rare feeling in computer games.

- Politics are realistic, complex, convoluted, frustrating, as they should be. The internal and external struggles of the various factions are not sugarcoated for the player, it's all laid out as it is, and we need to figure our own way around the relations. The Empire, the Thalmor, the Stormcloaks, the Forsworn, the Blades, the Greybeards -- all their destinies are intertwined in a realistic way, all have their respective agendas that the player needs to figure out with minimal to no hand-holding. The fact that Skyrim's political landscape is not simplified for easier digestion is one of my favorite aspects of the game. It's a subtle, mature feature not advertised with hype, yet it helps the immersion tremendously.

- Many of the conversations are deep and involving -- for a Bethesda game. They are excellently written and are often quite long, which is taken for granted from some other developers like Obsidian, but it's a very pleasant surprise coming from this developer who were once notorious for their drone-like NPC's and deadpan dialogues. The crucial negotiation scene in High Hrothgar reminded me of the Castle Never trial scene in NWN2, as it achieved the same kind of tension, gravity and drama, which is awesome for a mostly non-scripted open-world role-playing game. Skyrim is probably the very first open-world RPG that lives up to the challenge posed by Obsidian's offerings in terms of dramatization and tension.

- Many of the quests are creative, exhilarating and unorthodox. The main plot line is haunted by a sense of wonder and is graced by many (scripted) scenes that are bound to be remembered as some of the most memorable scenes in gaming: the first dragon hunt at the Whiterun guard tower; the reading of the Elder Scroll on the mountaintop; the dragon trapping in Dragonreach; the greeting and cheering of a dozen flying dragons after the final battle. And Blackreach, a vast, eerie, otherworldly cavern with abandoned structures is one of the top five ingame locations I have encountered in a game EVER. Outside of actual real-life adventure travel, it is probably only open-world RPG's that are capable of achieving this sense of wonder, since it presupposes the element of boundless exploration in an intriguing region. It also presupposes a capability of sensing wonders in the players themselves, something that many jaded gamers of today seem incapable of -- in real life or virtual.

- Some towns are architecturally awesome and feel alive with daily bustle. Markarth and Whiterun, especially. I liked the vibe of Solitude and Riften as well. Again, this would not be such a feat in a "hands-off", closed-world RPG, but the fact that even towns are awesome and realistic in Skyrim makes the end product all the more irresistible.

So the game is not only huge and open-ended, but it includes characters, quests, books and towns with the high quality of smaller scale closed-world games: it's a culmination of the best of both worlds, not unified successfully until now.
  84. Jan 16, 2016
    Прекрасная игра!Купил по акции со всеми дополнениями до этого играл на пиратке в году этак в 2011.
    Однозначно стоит своих денег!Как по мне одна из лучших игр когда либо созданных!
  85. Jan 11, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Skyrim is a masterpiece. It's one of my favourite games of all time even 4 years after release I'm still enjoying every second I spend in Skyrim. I hated myself for just playing Skyrim on ps3 as my fun was quadrupled when I got it on the pc, mainly because of the modding community. I'll now talk about how good Skyrim is.

The Story

The characters

Graphics and sfx

Enjoyment

I even had fun just running around exploring all of Skyrim

Final Verdict

Pros
    + Great graphics
    + Huge world
    + Great sound
    + Good combat
    + Variation in enemies
    + Good side quests
    + Great DLCs
    + Build your character the way you want to

Cons
    - Snowy areas look bland
    - Uninteresting characters

Final verdict: 10/10

Skyrim is a must buy, even more of a one if you get a deal on it, DLCs are also worth it too however I might wait till the hearthfire DLC has a discount on it as it doesn't add as much as the Dawnguard or Dragonborn DLCs
  86. Jan 7, 2016
    What is funny is my friend gave me this game (Xbox 360) a few years back because he didn't like or even play it.. I played it for all of 10 minutes before deciding "its not for me.."

Fast-forward 2-3 years later I built my first PC which is a Beast (I7-4690k, GTX 970, 16GB RAM) and I can't stop playing this game. I didn't considered myself a RPG gamer but man this game is Awesome and Epic!
  87. Jan 6, 2016
    My favourite game of all time so far. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim may not be completely perfect, but I have put hundreds of hours into Skyrim and I still continue to discover new locations, quests and I haven't even finished what the DLC has to offer! Not to mention the mods for this game are fantastic. The best thing about Skyrim is the huge open world that, while it may not have the bestMy favourite game of all time so far. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim may not be completely perfect, but I have put hundreds of hours into Skyrim and I still continue to discover new locations, quests and I haven't even finished what the DLC has to offer! Not to mention the mods for this game are fantastic. The best thing about Skyrim is the huge open world that, while it may not have the best graphics, looks fantastic in terms of its scale. The gameplay, while simplified from past games, is fantastic and balances out the appeal of the game, it is easy for casual players to learn, while also being complex enough for more hardcore players. Skyrim is a true example of the very best video games of all time, dethroning games such as The Walking Dead, Batman: Arkham City and Super Mario 64, to name a few masterpieces. Expand
  88. Jan 3, 2016
    25 hours spent on this game. Was pretty good. Drawbacks are some glitches, some strange physics in the game when players are on mountains. On good side : scenario, history and what is behind the story, fights, freedom of movements. Good too to find it a 5sgd on steam. That's worth.
  89. Jan 2, 2016
    Nearly perfect game after applying the mods. Amazing Atmosphere and realistic graphics.

Graphics: 9
    Game play : 9
    World Design: 10
    Content: 10
    Immersion: 10
    Story: 9
  90. Jan 1, 2016
    One of my favorite games of all time. Even without mods this game has almost everything an RPG- Fan could ask for.

A massive open world, decent combat mechanics, great story- and questlines.

Graphics for a 2011 release are decent.

The only thing i sort of dislike is the dumbed down skill system.

If Skyrim had Morrowind´s skill system skyrim would be a 10/10.
  91. Jan 1, 2016
    эта игра с прекрасным сюжетом идеальной графикой но иногда с такими глупыми багами над которыми можно только смеяться но все же есть и критические вроде бага с Эсберном
  92. Dec 26, 2015
    Skyrim is a good game on its own, but even better on its own. To be honest, I can't give Skyrim a review as I've never played the vanilla (non-modded) game. I'll still give it a positive review however, simply because the worldspace is incredible and the RPG aspect is also great. And yes, the modding is great on it, it's too bad so many good reviews are simply based on the moddingSkyrim is a good game on its own, but even better on its own. To be honest, I can't give Skyrim a review as I've never played the vanilla (non-modded) game. I'll still give it a positive review however, simply because the worldspace is incredible and the RPG aspect is also great. And yes, the modding is great on it, it's too bad so many good reviews are simply based on the modding community and not on the game itself - it's what I love/hate about BGS, they allow us to openly mod it to our hearts content but at the same time they almost completely depend on the modding community for all their games and we never get a spec of respect/shout-outs/compensation or anything. Hell we don't even get a "thanks for being the reason we're making millions off the games." Expand
  93. Dec 24, 2015
    Played this game for almost 500 hours.

Mods gallor and constant player content make this game a true timeless masterpiece.

Will play it for years to come. Great game and great developer.
  94. Dec 20, 2015
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  95. Dec 19, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. battle system is terrible
    game is similar to hack and slash game. it is not rpg game
    bugs is everwhere. i could not finished game. i tried more times and i could defeat alduin but he did not help me. it is only 1 example
  96. Dec 18, 2015
    A good game but buggy and stupid. There's absolutely no need to use your brain in this game, Some said that even the bugs are funny but when they spoil my game I just say: What a piece of garbage.
  97. DKR
    Dec 15, 2015
    Holy bejeebus. This is - without question - THE most overrated game OF ALL TIME. I can't f*** get away from this game; ITS EVERYWHERE! Sites, discussions, Steam sales, articles; you can't escape it! Why?!

The only reason I can come up with that this game is such a blockbuster is because: we have a new and ignorant generation that has never seen a rich RPG before. I'm gettin' old, so I remember when RPG's were deep, complex experiences that didn't even have voice acting yet. Still, these games immersed you in worlds and experiences you will never forget. Mario RPG, Final Fantasy (4, 6, 7, 8 specifically) Chrono Trigger...THESE were RPG's. They were stories of rich, vibrant, and lively characters with backstories that made you care about them, and tied them together with imaginative writing, complex battle systems, and music from the GODS.

Then comes Skyrim. The world is flat, empty, generic, lifeless, and the combat is more dated than the NES. I knew it was bad from the confusing monologue in the opening from the narcoleptic Russian whose voice actor couldn't remember what accent he was imitating.

Once you get away from the beautiful mountains, everything is colorless, stale, and boring. The whole game is washed out in palettes of brown, grey, and pale blue. Every village/city looks EXACTLY the same. It has ZERO style or substance at all. Even the weapons you get look very vanilla. It's a fantasy game! Where's the fire swords and icy staves and s***?!

Classes are useless cuz you can just be everything at once. Where's the diversity? Where do your decisions matter? They don't really matter in dialogue, either. At least I couldn't tell cuz the writing is so chaotic and poor. Characters were so uninteresting, I can't recall a single one, tho I can still name every char from all the above RPG's I listed.

Straight mage specs are STILL useless. You go oom WAY too fast, and do pitiful damage, while melee can 2 shot everything and never die. Stealth can 1 shot, crouch, vanish, rinse, and repeat until they clear a room. There's no mechanics to the fights. Run in range, mash your attack button and your potion button til you puke. I'm not kidding: that's it. That is the depth of this game's combat. I'm sorry, but if you find this fun past the 8hr mark, you have ADD. It's mindless and tedious; a game for idiots.

ALL OF THAT is if you can EVEN PLAY IT! Bugs, glitches, and crashes are a more threatening hazard than anything you'll face in game. Enemies sinking thru floors, dragons flying backward, save files corrupting, quest NPC's falling out of buildings to their deaths, unkillable mobs, player clipping into rocks which forces restarts, NPC's running off mid-dialogue, BUGS BUGS BUGS! You can't play 3min w/o running into a game-breaking glitch that you have to mod/cheat your way past. I spent 75% of my playtime just bug fixing. I'm not a play tester; I'm a customer.

Skyrim isn't even an RPG! Why is it rated as one?! A beat-em-up with some progression is NOT an RPG! It stands for ROLE PLAYING GAME! It's about you playing a role in an immersive story! "u r da chozn one go kill eryting xd" IS NOT A STORY, it's filler!

"BUT DA MODZ MKE IT ASUMMM! 11/10!!" Great. I'm glad the modders are amazing and create cool stuff, but THAT'S THE *** MODDERS! The GAME is a horrendous mess in any way that I approach it. How illogical can you be to give a clusterbomb of horrific, unfinished game "design" a 10/10 JUST BECAUSE YOU MOD IT!? That's like buying a Bieber album but burning your own music over it, then going "I love this album from Bieber 11/10 stop reading the negative reviews and just buy it!"

The critic reviews are obviously bought-out, which used to be unthinkable, but nowadays, it's standard practice for a AAA title to set aside some of it's budget to buy positive reviews. Seriously, think about it: how many times can you call the next CoD "the best cod yet"? 8x? 12x? 20x? I remember way back in 2005, critics were sick to DEATH of FPS's. Most likely, the standard of gaming has just fallen this low, because 10 years later, they're all the rage. What a tragedy...

This gen of kids think they got it all figured out. Buy this bug-ridden, unfinished, poorly designed "RPG" that ignores 2 decades of lessons from the past, mod/don't mod it, mash 2 buttons while fighting the same enemy for 3k (yes: three thousand hours), leave 1 line joke reviews ("ruined my life 5 starz") that get thousands of "likes", downvote all the negative reviews or leave a negative review of "stop reading negative reviews buy buy buy!!", and net the "creators" nearly one BILLION dollars gross profit, then blame "corporate greed" for the grand decline of gaming. Ah, humanity...

Meanwhile, Double Dragon Neon (console) - a modern classic - is forgotten in the sea of CoD clones.

After playing FO3, I had high hopes cuz I loved that game, but everyone calls it "Oblivion with guns".
    If that's true, then Skyrim is CoD with magic.

By idiots, for idiots.
  98. Dec 5, 2015
    I love this game, spend my whole entire summer playing it, the amount of work that was put into this game was no joke. 10/10 one of the best game I've ever play
  99. Dec 1, 2015
    Background:
    I've played a little bit of Morrowind (no more than 10h) and a lot of Oblivion (but I've never completed the main quest).
    Regarding Skyrim, I've completed the main quest, the 4 guilds (The Companions, College of Witerhold, Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood) and very few side quests. What I enjoyed: - The story of main quest : it really made me feel like having a
    Background:

What I enjoyed:
    - The story of main quest : it really made me feel like having a significant impact in world of Skyrim. In my opinion this is a great story!
    - Roaming around, climbing mountains, discovering new places, the feeling of empowerment when I reached the peak of the highest mountain for the first time.
    - Fus Roh Dahing enemies while they were giving me a speech on how I couldn't beat them xD.
    - Wielding the Thief's Guild's an Dark Brotherhood's influence to do whatever I pleased :P.

What I didn't enjoy:
    - The crashes - omg this game crashed so much!
    - The save file corruption - this is a big one. I had to save on a new file every single time because once a save file got corrupted it was impossible to load the game from it. This happened on occasion.

Conclusion:
    If you like Bethesda's RPG's and you can forgive the technical shortcomings Bethesda's titles always come with than you'll have a great time playing Skyrim :).
  100. Nov 24, 2015
    Discover An Awesome Open-World Fantasy RPG

Overall: 85% (119.4/140) Atmosphere: 9.5/10 Graphics: 9.4/10 Level Design: 9.8/10 Sound: 9.8/10 Balance: 7.1/10 Controls: 7.5/10 Fighting System: 8.6/10 Mysteries: 9.3/10 Animations: 8.4/10 Artificial Intelligence: 6.7/10 Replay Value: 8.8/10 Story: 7.3/10 Tutorial: 3.5/5 Variety in Items: 9.7/10 Cost-Benefit Ratio: 3/4
    Discover An Awesome Open-World Fantasy RPG

Overall: 85% (119.4/140)

Atmosphere: 9.5/10

Variety in Items: 9.7/10

Cost-Benefit Ratio: 3/4
    System Requirements: 1/1
  101. Nov 11, 2011
    To those who can't believe how somebody could rate this game so low, I know exactly how you feel, about the game and the rating. I couldn't possibly care any less though.:)
    Good WRPG is all about choices/options and involved/enjoyable character development. An epic, well written story helps as well. This game does not have any of this.
    With a large world to explore, it first felt like a
    With a large world to explore, it first felt like a lot was possible. Cave exploration, ruin exploration, underwater exploration, fight X creature, find a random town and talk to random denizen, etc. After about 10 hours, it became more obvious that, yeah there is a lot you can do on the side, just none of it was all that interesting. At a certain point it just felt like I was playing offline MMO, in that the game allows you to do so much but it's just done so poorly.
    I know that the graphics aren't the most important part of a game like this but Skyrim don't even look average. I would never be so ridiculous as to say that I would buy a game just based on the visuals, but this game look like heavily moded Oblivion.

1. Feb 29, 2012
  2. Feb 14, 2012
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 19, 2012