7.5

1. Jul 23, 2012
    Don't listen to bad critics, the game is simply amazing, great voice acting, great story, great music, the only bad thing of this game is that its simply short, probably 2-3 hours of game , but come on, its first chapter, the price is even low for this game, some puzzles are easy and theres is a lot of good humor in the game, i enjoyed too much of this game and i dont really like Point n click, just give it a try, im sure you will find a piece of gold in Journey Down. Expand
  2. Mar 19, 2013
    Great effort, love that the game is available on iOS and Mac OSX too, this game is a gem. Thanks for putting this together and making a REAL adventure that is worthy of Monkey Island, etc. Can't wait for the next episodes!
  3. Aug 21, 2014
    The Journey Down is another adventure game. While there are plenty of these floating around now, and I doubt this one is anywhere close to the top(Deponia probably sits comfortably on that throne), that doesn't mean this one is bad, or not worth playing. I found it to be very amusing, well written, well voiced, and having awkward enough puzzle solutions to be worthy of its genre title. Its only real detriment is itself, and by that I mean it's too short. You won't solve very many puzzles in this game only to be surprised that it's over without much having happened in the plot. This game is only the first in a series of planned episodes, as implied by the title, but I still find myself wishing more happened in this one. I don't know the details behind its development and am not curious enough to dig them out, but I assume the creators did what they could. That said, you should enjoy what you have, support the on going development, and look forward to future episodes.

I recommend this game, and will be looking forward to the rest of it. The wacky adventures of "Bwana" must go on.
    -Drain (Steam)

1. Aug 20, 2014
    This first chapter serves as a truly special start for an episodic adventure game. It has many positive aspects packed together -unique looks, lovable main characters, awesome voice overs, a price that makes it a must buy- and contains a respectful number of puzzles. If some of them were a bit more challenging, its length would easily be extended. In any case, it's an ideal and very promising debut.
  2. Mar 5, 2013
    A beautiful homage to Grim Fandango. Not perfect though – Chapter One is short, could be funnier and the choice of some of the voices is questionable. [CD-Action 03/2013, p.66]
  3. Jan 30, 2013
    After just one chapter, I'm not sure I'd put The Journey Down in the realm of classics like Grim Fandango, or with the best of its episodic contemporaries like The Walking Dead and Back to the Future. But it's worth the purchase price, and I will definitely keep an eye out for the next episode's release.