6.5

1. Dec 1, 2011
    For a major Lord of the Rings fan it was quite a let down. Game play was repetitive and clunky. However playing as your favourite races makes up for it (i mean arrowing a pig like orc is boss. Could be better but it fills a nice hole
  2. Apr 25, 2013
    I'm not gonna lie this game is a total Battlefront 2 re-skin, but it has a truly enjoyable LotR twist to it and the melee was surprisingly good! I like LotR, that may have altered my opinion)

1. Unless you fall in love with the deathmatch modes, the main draw here is the two campaigns - and most gamers will be able to cut their way through both in under five hours. Even if you're a massive fan of the series, we'd advise you to approach this game with caution.
  2. The basic idea behind Conquest is cool: play the largest battles from Lord of the Rings from the perspective of a soldier. The out-of-date graphics, bad class balance and stubborn controls would be no problem if this was a mod for Battlefront or Battlefield, but this is a full price game. The only thing worthy of the big license is the soundtrack and that's available for less.
  3. Very much throwaway gaming, Conquest is wholly lacklustre, devoid of any real purpose, and is a real low point for Pandemic, which after Mercenaries 2 is really saying something. 'Must do better' is a gross understatement.