6.6

1. Dec 1, 2011
    For a major Lord of the Rings fan it was quite a let down. Game play was repetitive and clunky. However playing as your favourite races makes up for it (i mean arrowing a pig like orc is boss. Could be better but it fills a nice hole
  2. Mar 23, 2012
    I have enjoyed this game for a long time, primarily while playing multiplayer. The single player campaign and skirmishes DO leave me wanting more, I confess, but playing split-screen with three other friends can be a truly awesome experience. Not perfect, but fun. :)

In Christ, Jesrin.
  3. Mar 5, 2013
    There really isn't much point in getting this game any more. The single player campaign was mediocre at best. It's essentially a Battlefront game with a Star Wars theme although sadly the servers for Conquest are no longer up so you're limited to the lacklustre singleplayer.
  4. Aug 8, 2013
    I got this game for my birth day when it came out and I LOVED it. I didn't really care for the campaign all that much, but that isn't what the game was made for, it was made for multiplayer, and it is AWESOME. Think of it like Star Wars: Battlefront but with Lord of the Rings.
  5. Mar 24, 2013
    This game seems to get a bit of a bad rep. However, I believe that this game can be a blast. It is very fun to be playing as your favorites from the Lord of the Rings while fighting in some of the battles from Lord of the Rings in War of the Ring, such as Helm's Deep, Minas Tirith, and Pelennor Fields. There is also the all new evil campaign, which feature Sauron's conquest to take overThis game seems to get a bit of a bad rep. However, I believe that this game can be a blast. It is very fun to be playing as your favorites from the Lord of the Rings while fighting in some of the battles from Lord of the Rings in War of the Ring, such as Helm's Deep, Minas Tirith, and Pelennor Fields. There is also the all new evil campaign, which feature Sauron's conquest to take over Middle-Earth. I believe it is a great custom campaign. Instant action is also a very fun thing to do. You can get into some really fun, intense battles. Check this game out. It gets a bad rep, but it is fun. Expand
  6. Apr 25, 2013
    I'm not gonna lie this game is a total Battlefront 2 re-skin, but it has a truly enjoyable LotR twist to it and the melee was surprisingly good! I like LotR, that may have altered my opinion)

1. Unless you fall in love with the deathmatch modes, the main draw here is the two campaigns - and most gamers will be able to cut their way through both in under five hours. Even if you're a massive fan of the series, we'd advise you to approach this game with caution.
  2. The basic idea behind Conquest is cool: play the largest battles from Lord of the Rings from the perspective of a soldier. The out-of-date graphics, bad class balance and stubborn controls would be no problem if this was a mod for Battlefront or Battlefield, but this is a full price game. The only thing worthy of the big license is the soundtrack and that's available for less.
  3. Very much throwaway gaming, Conquest is wholly lacklustre, devoid of any real purpose, and is a real low point for Pandemic, which after Mercenaries 2 is really saying something. 'Must do better' is a gross understatement.