7.6

1. Mar 4, 2014
    The Night of the Rabbit is probably the most beautiful and enjoyable adventure game I have ever played. It does have the most beautiful 2D graphics, nice riddles, amazing music, charming atmosphere and great story as well. It also does have this little extra which make games something more than just games. It is related to the fact that it is hard to tell whether the game happens realy and in which reality it does really happen, etc. It does have something from Alice in Wonderland or Coraline movie. And I love that "something". The only downside are some of the puzzles, which don't seem to make much sense, though there is very little of them. The minigame could be a bit better and most of all, the supposed hint system provides no real hints whatsoever. But these are just details. Overall, this game is fantastic nevertheless! Expand
  2. Nov 17, 2013
    An adventure set in a fabulous world, interesting but partially weak, because of a not perfect story writing.However it's a long journey that the old adventurers will appreciate. VIRTUALINN.IT
  3. Oct 24, 2013
    It can be a bit childish or sometimes even inconsistent, but it has something more than an average game. It has a charisma. It has that magic feeling of a fairy tale, you can only experience when you are a child. While playing, it sometimes reminded me of The Longest Journey with that mystery of unknown worlds and adventures.
    Anyway, definitely a good one from daedalic keeping artwork to
    be a masterpiece and some wonderful music from Tilo Alpermann. Expand
  4. Sep 29, 2013
    Lose yourself in a tale of magic and wonder, where anything is possible and where nothing is quite as it seems: All in all, Night of the Rabbit is an extremely enjoyable game, one certainly that most adventure game enthusiasts will have a fun time with.
  5. Jun 16, 2013
    Time to spend before the last Deponia game. The environment and characters are beautifully drawn and the whole looks quite adorable. However, the game has some annoyances: puzzles are sometimes hard and not much rewarding; a few achievements don't work and there is sometimes too much talk, but at least not that much like in Whispered World. The game sometimes slows down and seems to eat a lot of memory: I never thought I see 7GB usage on my poor 32-bit, 3 GB system. Collapse
  6. Jun 13, 2013
    This is a poor offering from Daedalic.

This game is a point-and-click puzzle/story game as are most of their games where you play as a young boy and a mysterious rabbit whose fates are intertwined. But first, you play as the boy and frankly he is annoying.

I died after the second puzzle because I was looking for a fruit and apparently the game incorrectly identifies acorns as a
    fruit and rose hips as something other than a fruit. The first puzzle required that you find a stick in a forest. One stick in a forest. And that was after passing by three other objects that would have worked just as well. Then you have to use that stick to remove a bush. That makes no sense.

In terms of pros, the game is visually interesting and clearly they spent a lot of time with the art director making it just right.

In terms of cons, the gameplay is slow and very specific to the point of failure. I found the premise of the first puzzle to be absurd and the solution to the second puzzle to be incorrect. The interface is awful. You quest book gives you information you shouldn't know and fails to record information you desperately need. The hotspots are humongous and never go away; you're going to be listening to the same poorly-done voice acting cue over and over and over again.

This title lacks the good game design elements you would expect for such an easy genre and fails to do any of it's homework making it for me a pass.
  7. Jun 5, 2013
    Great game! Seems like childish quest but has far more deep meaning, charming plot and ambience. Unfortunately it has one minigame that should never existed (I mean the last fight), but still the ending is totally stunning for a quest. In this respect, Deponia and Deponia 2 were not so good, though TNOTR misses some great humor from it.
  8. Jun 16, 2013

1. The Night of the Rabbit is a classical point and click adventure game by Deadalic Entertainment. Among the their other adventure games, it has a more disconnected story line but the graphics and the sounds definitely creates a magical atmosphere before your eyes.
  2. Jan 15, 2014
    The Night of the Rabbit is certainly one of Daedelic's better games. The gameplay is faithful to the point-and-click adventure genre blueprint, but only with a few obtuse puzzles.
  3. Oct 7, 2013
    A traditional point-and-click adventure game set in a world inspired by children's story books. Most of the puzzles are well designed but there are also few illogical ones that can be really hard to figure out. With some extra polishing time those could have been avoided. [Aug 2013]