The Saboteur PC

7.9

1. LysanderS
    Dec 14, 2009
    The word "broken" doesn't fully describe this game. FUBAR would be somewhat closer. For those of us using ATi cards, EA have decided to say "hey, get f****d". The game constantly crashes, and in order to play, i have to Alt+Tab every time the game freezes. Apparently "EA are aware of the issue" yet are taking over a week to even give us word on patch progress. Knowing EA, The word "broken" doesn't fully describe this game. FUBAR would be somewhat closer. For those of us using ATi cards, EA have decided to say "hey, get f****d". The game constantly crashes, and in order to play, i have to Alt+Tab every time the game freezes. Apparently "EA are aware of the issue" yet are taking over a week to even give us word on patch progress. Knowing EA, they'll slap the words "DLC" on it and charge us £20 for it. Expand
  2. MartinP
    Dec 14, 2009
    Game simply would not run (even the menus) on a modern PC with ATI graphics and Windows 7. Apparently the developer also is no longer around and therefore no guarantee can be given that EA will be able to fix it. So if you got ATI hardware stay away till the problems are resolved. Really unfortunate was looking forward to playing it. Might get it on the PS3 in stead when the price drops.
  3. Jul 17, 2012
    This game is nothing but propaganda, allied propaganda. It's like Wolfenstein but not as funny as Wolfenstein games are. The graphics are good but the gameplay is not so good. This is a game where Wolfenstein meets GTA and Assassins Creed. You think it's good? No, it's not! This Assassins Creed gameplay not works as good as in AC. And what about the GTA part? It's s.uck.s too. One of theThis game is nothing but propaganda, allied propaganda. It's like Wolfenstein but not as funny as Wolfenstein games are. The graphics are good but the gameplay is not so good. This is a game where Wolfenstein meets GTA and Assassins Creed. You think it's good? No, it's not! This Assassins Creed gameplay not works as good as in AC. And what about the GTA part? It's s.uck.s too. One of the best thing is that the base of the resistance is a brothel (or what the hell) full of Nazi officers. It's ridiculous. The whole story is really bad and the cinematics too. Look at the cinematic, when Luc (or whoever) plants a bomb to the side of a track in the fuel-depot mission. What was that? A joke? How could this happen? Why the Nazis didn't see a man planting a bomb about 8 meters from their fuel-depo? Were they blind or what? And the race in Germany. Pfff..... Man, that was absurd. The whole German army was there and we can easily shake them off with that racing car. Was that possible? And then the race was the joke of jokes. Look at the race in Mafia and compere it with this. In Mafia you can see a real race. And in this? It's only a joke. The first 7 racers were much faster than me. What did they do? They stopped and were waiting for me in the last corner of the 2nd lap. And then that cinematic....pfff.... But the "best" is the escape from Germany. That was nothing but unrealism. And look at those tanks with 2 (yes two) tank guns. Did the Nazis stole it from the Commies from Red Alert? Then our Irish says: "They started a war". What? Did the developers read the history book before they made this **** Great Britain and France declared war on Germany, not reversely. If you like history it's not your game, otherwise it is. Expand
  4. RilusZ
    Dec 12, 2009
    Considering that the game does not run at all with Windows Vista/7 and ATI graphics cards, I can't see the game getting more any score at all. It is literally unplayable for thousands of PC players.
  5. Aug 20, 2012
    Athmoshpere is quite nice, but game is bugged like hell... All my saved games including quick save brings me to the begining of the game - to the bar. Hence its unplayable for me. I cant even find any working Saboteur forums to get help to that. EA is a big disgrace.

When i finally googled my way to a forum thread describing my problem EA says i dont have privileges to read it... even tho im logged in >.< omfg
  6. Apr 7, 2017
    The Saboteur is a crossbreed of a game, and doesn't do well at anything but considering it's age, it gets a passing mark when this game was first released, but for 2017 it simply hasn't aged well. The parkour is slow and geriatric, the driving is stiff and far too many controls and mechanics which add unnecessary confusion. The gun play is the only thing that works although, it is stillThe Saboteur is a crossbreed of a game, and doesn't do well at anything but considering it's age, it gets a passing mark when this game was first released, but for 2017 it simply hasn't aged well. The parkour is slow and geriatric, the driving is stiff and far too many controls and mechanics which add unnecessary confusion. The gun play is the only thing that works although, it is still primitive by todays standards with many bugs and issues which don't happen in modern shooters.

Not to mention a lot of issues such as Nazi super soldiers with mini-guns ruin the experience that is desperately trying to live up to an authentic WW2 experience. Back in 2009 this would have probably rated 6 or 7 since it isn't terrible, but for the modern day players who just might see this on sale or something, just be warned that this game just simply hasn't aged well and more modern shooters will have spoiled you so you'll only see the flaws that this game has.

Another major issue is that the game is still unstable, prone to random crashes and quite possible to fall 'through' the map, I think a more modern version of this game without all the major issues and bugs could be well received though, considering all this time and the infamous map glitch has still not been fixed, and your forced to run in low resolutions for the map to work properly which leads me to believe this game is obviously a port of the Xbox 360 version and the console version is probably the better option to play this game.
  7. Aug 20, 2012

1. The Saboteur may lack the polish of the contemporaries it boldly mimics, but protagonist Sean Devlin’s quest for revenge and an alluring 1940s Paris make this a World War II memory worth making.
  2. As addictive as the perk goals are, it's the bread-and-butter sabotage that proves to be the real distraction.
  3. A compelling if uninventive experience. Working in concert, this game's tired, uninspired mechanics still manage to get the job done; the whole is definitely more than the sum of its parts.