• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Jul 30, 2001
7.1

1. MarcoL.
    Oct 10, 2001
    Nice.. Just plain very nice game.
  2. MarioS.
    Nov 1, 2001
    Nice graphics, sounds, more buildings, but there's not enough action for me.
  3. Bas
    Oct 27, 2001
    Cool game!
  4. Geert-JanV.
    Aug 9, 2001
    Beautiful graphics, the zoom function is cool, and the AI is smart. It will respond rather good to your reactions or, toddling around will take initiative. Makes you want to win in all sorts of ways in the same scenarios.
  5. TimT.
    Apr 26, 2002
    Much better than three, better graphics and new civilizations. A must have for settler 3 people.
  6. ABB.
    May 11, 2003
    Always the enemies are faster than you and have more resource than you.
  7. NickM.
    Jul 11, 2003
    You should get better unique units.
  8. JamesW.
    Nov 12, 2001
    An improvement on 3 but not a lot different or harder for the next edition there needs to be big to make it worthwhile.
  9. Nov 28, 2014
    The Settlers IV is great game, IMO best in series. I just love it: many resources, many buildings, and great gameplay. I can spend hours and hours in the game on every map. 3 races are nicely varied (I prefer the Romans).

Even with the improved graphics and the addition of some new units and the Dark Tribe, the game just boils down into a repetitive jumble of micro-management that didn't have any really interesting catches or scenarios to keep me hooked.
    It's the best in the series and possibly one of the best real time strategy games around. However if you own "Settlers III" then this is more like an upgrade than a whole new game.
  3. Certainly the best representative of its series and genre. Its charm will surely attract even the players, which are not too keen on strategies.