The Sims 2 PC

8.8

1. Jul 3, 2016
    This game ain't good as sims 1 but it's still fun to play. It takes everything you love about sims 1 and makes it more enjoyable and playable. I love playing this game and I do recommend it.
  2. Jan 1, 2016
    The Sims 2 is the place where you know you are wasting your time building a dream life for your character instead of your own. But you just do not care, because what matters now is your sim.
  3. May 28, 2011
    The SIms 2 is just one of the best games of all times! Has everything that the other Sims games had before it, and oh-so-much-more. With amazing graphics and sound it really makes one enjoy the game fully. I cannot even count how many hours I've spent playing this game. Highly recommended to both people who just want to build stuff, but also to the people who want to actually control livesThe SIms 2 is just one of the best games of all times! Has everything that the other Sims games had before it, and oh-so-much-more. With amazing graphics and sound it really makes one enjoy the game fully. I cannot even count how many hours I've spent playing this game. Highly recommended to both people who just want to build stuff, but also to the people who want to actually control lives and create stories on their own. Excellent game!! Expand
  4. May 6, 2015
    the best Sims game it was fun to play and I thought I was pretty good. the sims 2 is not a amazing game it was it's problems but I still think you should buy or rent this game.
  5. May 23, 2016
    This has to be one of the best games I have ever played. It is more than just a life simulator. Of course, you can create your Sim, and from the beginning you can create children, spouses, or friends for your Sim. I prefer to start from scratch and do the whole relationship thing. What makes this different from real life is that you can build your dream house (it is actually veryThis has to be one of the best games I have ever played. It is more than just a life simulator. Of course, you can create your Sim, and from the beginning you can create children, spouses, or friends for your Sim. I prefer to start from scratch and do the whole relationship thing. What makes this different from real life is that you can build your dream house (it is actually very intuitive), control many Sims, and it has some game elements to it. You have to try to complete Sim's wants and try to avoid their fears to give them aspiration points, which can unlock special items not available for purchasing. It also adds to your life score. There are many expansions to the game: University, Pets, Seasons, and more. I have the University pack which allows a Sim to go to college and it is like a whole other game. The Sims 2 actually brings me emotion, and it feels like I am actually controlling real people sometimes. Those moments when your Sim falls in love with another Sim, when a baby is born, when a teen turns into an adult, all are extremely satisfying moments and can bring out my emotions like no other game can. 12 years later, this is the best Sims game and I am still hooked to this day. Expand
  6. Jan 3, 2017
    Nekem ez a legjobb Sims játék. Sokkal több mindent tartalmaz, mint társai és sokkal élvezetesebb is számomra. Bár a grafika egy kicsit megkopott mostanra, de a hangulata a régi
  7. May 9, 2012
    The Sims 2 is the greatest life simulator games. There you can do a lot of things, but not everything. It may be better if you can explore the city without loading, but still it is a masterpiece, and better than The Sims 3.
  8. Aug 17, 2012
    The Sims 2 is impressive and addictive. Now, that some cool thing are added, this game could be perfect, but It's not. Adding the city exploration is a great idea, but sometimes feels, unrealistic. Compared with The Sims 3's exploration, this game is not better, but It's amazing. The gameplay still stays to It's best, and graphics are great. And making family is improved so much, that youThe Sims 2 is impressive and addictive. Now, that some cool thing are added, this game could be perfect, but It's not. Adding the city exploration is a great idea, but sometimes feels, unrealistic. Compared with The Sims 3's exploration, this game is not better, but It's amazing. The gameplay still stays to It's best, and graphics are great. And making family is improved so much, that you will think that a sim haves a real life personality. Only if the exploration is better, because I'm lazy to wait for frequently loading while playing the game. 91 out of 100 Expand
  9. Jan 2, 2014
    The Sims 2 is very different from its predecessor. New possibilities for creating a Sim, build houses, new music, new phrases in Simlish and much more. I especially liked the creation of a family. Now you can choose the age group from infant and ending pensioner!. In The Sims 1 we had a choice between a child and an adult. And of course, now we can freely change the face, dress, andThe Sims 2 is very different from its predecessor. New possibilities for creating a Sim, build houses, new music, new phrases in Simlish and much more. I especially liked the creation of a family. Now you can choose the age group from infant and ending pensioner!. In The Sims 1 we had a choice between a child and an adult. And of course, now we can freely change the face, dress, and character traits. For the game entered a system of "desires and fears." Not much I liked it but I can not say it is bad. It seems to me that it was underdeveloped because after some time, desires and fears of a repeat. The visuals look much better than The Sims 1 the same applies to music. Finally the world sims and themselves are in 3D. The Sims 2 is the best game in the series. Expand
  10. Sep 7, 2014
    The Sims 2, um dos melhores jogos que eu já joguei. Sério, o jogo é muito divertido, tem muitas interações interessantes e suas expansões são um máximo. É uma lenda.
  11. Jan 31, 2016
    To this day I still come back to this game and play it for hours. Whether it's to play with my sims, Build houses, or burn them mercilessly. It's much better than sims 4. The thing that keeps this game from being a perfect 10 is the glitches. This is one of the most unstable games I have ever played. Despite this I still like it a lot.
  12. Aug 6, 2014
    The Sims 2 is the epitome of life simulation. The quality and depth on running a person's lifestyle is superb. There are a ton of careers to choose from, basically unlimited customization with building a house and decorating it, and the extra activities to do in your home and around the town. The amount of customization with making a family and choosing their looks and personality is alsoThe Sims 2 is the epitome of life simulation. The quality and depth on running a person's lifestyle is superb. There are a ton of careers to choose from, basically unlimited customization with building a house and decorating it, and the extra activities to do in your home and around the town. The amount of customization with making a family and choosing their looks and personality is also limitless. I never ever get tired of this game even after playing for hours and hours over many days. The Sims 2 is meant to be played by anyone, even by not the typical gamer and it's a must play. Expand
  13. Jan 9, 2011
    It's safe to say this is one of the best games I've ever played. It hasn't been quite a year yet since I first played it, but it's just so addictive and fun. Yes, it has the old ''put the rubbish out'' and the "go to the toilet", but it's much harder than that. And much more fun. It's hilarious to see your Sims get fired from their jobs, get stuck, die, etc. It's much more than justIt's safe to say this is one of the best games I've ever played. It hasn't been quite a year yet since I first played it, but it's just so addictive and fun. Yes, it has the old ''put the rubbish out'' and the "go to the toilet", but it's much harder than that. And much more fun. It's hilarious to see your Sims get fired from their jobs, get stuck, die, etc. It's much more than just "create a big happy family". You can create a group of crims, politicians, group of nerds, hideous Sims, gay and lesbian Sims, torture areas, prisons or you could be racist and have a bunch of Asians in your basement writing novels for you. There's so much creativity, freedom and nice additions which make it (probably) the best Sims game yet. The best thing about the Sims 2 is the cheat codes. Ever want to make your Sims forever happy? Ever wanted to purposely kill a Sim? Ever wanted a huge amount of money? Ever wanted to alter their personality even more? Ever wanted to see what that particular Sim looks like in a swimsuit? Ever wanted to not make your kid/teen go to school? Ever wanted that Sim selectable? There's too many to mention. Best cheat codes ever. The only bone I have to pick with it though are the bugs and glitches in this game. Even though I have the patched up 2008 version, there's still a truckload more. It will crash a lot, you sometimes can't use objects, Sims will freeze and there's nothing you can do about it... And of course a lot more. 9/10 from me. Expand
  14. Apr 18, 2013
    It's pretty cool. The best Sims game. The expansions add a lot more content. The graphics are actually pretty good for 2004. There are so many things you can do in this game. However, there are a ton of limits. For instance, a skilled player can get two adult sims to fall in love in maybe less than 2 hours of gameplay. However, it takes so damn long to get teens to fall in love. It'sIt's pretty cool. The best Sims game. The expansions add a lot more content. The graphics are actually pretty good for 2004. There are so many things you can do in this game. However, there are a ton of limits. For instance, a skilled player can get two adult sims to fall in love in maybe less than 2 hours of gameplay. However, it takes so damn long to get teens to fall in love. It's possible. The mechanic is in there. It's just insanely difficult. That's just one of the things that bothers me. Another one, this probably pisses me off the most, is in the Pets expansion, you can't control your pets! Why not? They could have made it possible. But they didn't! It's still a great game and can keep anyone entertained for hours, unless you have a very, very short attention span or ADHD or something. Expand
  15. Feb 14, 2013
    This game it's really genial because it's crazy as heck and playing it is extremely fun. I didn't try any expansion but I think they add a lot to the gameplay.
  16. Sep 5, 2014
    HEY,HEY,HEY! Its fat albert and this game is awesome!

But seriously. This game is awesome. The Gameplay,The Expansions,The Fun.
    I found it better than Sims 3. Well. At least more enjoyable. It's definitely HOURS OF HOURS OF FUN!
  17. Apr 12, 2014
    I bought every expansion, and every stuff pack. This game is so addicting, and fun and satisfying. It's been six years since the last expansion was released, and The Sims 4 will be coming out sometime this year, but this is the best simming experience so far. The Sims 3 is good, but very glitchy, very frustrating, and even high-end PC's have difficulty running it. These days most computersI bought every expansion, and every stuff pack. This game is so addicting, and fun and satisfying. It's been six years since the last expansion was released, and The Sims 4 will be coming out sometime this year, but this is the best simming experience so far. The Sims 3 is good, but very glitchy, very frustrating, and even high-end PC's have difficulty running it. These days most computers (and laptops) will run The Sims 2 and all that comes with it without a problem. The Sims 2 just has a nostalgic feeling about it...and The Sims 3 is just inferior to The Sims 2. Period. Expand
  18. May 6, 2017
    The last great Sims game in the series. Great expansions that can be re-played multiple times. The community still makes great custom content for it and looks like it will stay like this forever.
  19. Nov 26, 2011
    I LOVE "THE SIMS 2" AND ALL EXPASION PACKS!!! THE GAME IS JUST A MASTERPIECE!!! 10/10
  20. Jul 11, 2016
    A complete overhaul to The Sims series, The Sims 2 introduced 3D, aging, family trees, mansions, deeper relationships and optional goals. The aspiration system is a great addition and it gives you an extra challenge. The game shows off its features through three pre-made neighborhoods, each with its own families, stories and conflicts. There's plenty to do and you'll probably take years toA complete overhaul to The Sims series, The Sims 2 introduced 3D, aging, family trees, mansions, deeper relationships and optional goals. The aspiration system is a great addition and it gives you an extra challenge. The game shows off its features through three pre-made neighborhoods, each with its own families, stories and conflicts. There's plenty to do and you'll probably take years to fully explore this game. Play with life. Expand
  21. Aug 9, 2011
    Amazing , This game is one of THE BEST P.C Games out. Far more enjoyable then Sims 3. Its simple to play and the options are endless ! Im glad with how fast the sims grow up , if it was any longer ide be forwarding . I actually wished the 'teen' stage was shorter . But eh , What the hell :)
  22. Nov 6, 2013
    This game is amazing, it is truly a masterpiece, maybe not my favorite game but still up there in my top 5, sure by todays standards it does not have the best graphics, but great graphics does not make a game good, its quality gameplay, controls, and replayability that makes a game good imo, in my years of gaming i have spent at least a good 100 to 150 hours playing this, and i still playThis game is amazing, it is truly a masterpiece, maybe not my favorite game but still up there in my top 5, sure by todays standards it does not have the best graphics, but great graphics does not make a game good, its quality gameplay, controls, and replayability that makes a game good imo, in my years of gaming i have spent at least a good 100 to 150 hours playing this, and i still play it every so often, it just has a charm that makes it so appealing to come back to. With all of its humor, wit, great simulation and awesome building tools. to me this is one game that defined the mid 2000's Expand
  23. Aug 23, 2013
    The Sims 2 is one of the best PC games ever developed. The transition from the original The Sims was huge life stages, social options, richer tools and neighborhoods are just a few. The game could have ended up complicated but it's in fact a very simple and dynamic game that never gets boring.
  24. Jun 17, 2015
    Great game I love to play this game I make up family's gay and lesbian couples and family's it's awesome you should download or buy this game it's amazing so cool dude.
  25. Oct 8, 2013
    I've gotta say that this game certainly improved from the first game, I like the first game don't get me wrong, but like I said in my review of that game, The Sims 1 was mainly about controlling Sims lives and for me that got a bit tedious after a while, but this game makes it so much easier.

The Sims 2 has a lot of new features that really immerse you, their is so much more content, a new town builder, community lots that you can visit without having to buy expansion packs, a proper Create-a-Sim tool that really lets you create almost any Sim you want, the house building tools have been expanded, it is just so awesome with what you can do on this game.

Even controlling The Sims are a lot more fun now, with awesome new graphics and improved 3D view making it much more immersive and fun, The Sims 2 really makes me feel like my Sims are actually there, even though they aren't real.

However if I must I do have one criticism, and that is get the expansion packs. This might not sound like a criticism but get the following expansions:

Open For Business
    Nightlife
    University
    Bon Voyage
    Apartment Life

Because you need these just to see how much potential this game has.
    There are other expansions like Pets, which although I like I wouldn't always use and their is also The Sims 2 Seasons Expansion, but I never bought it and to be honest I don't really mind if their isn't weather in the Sims, it would be cool to have, but I don't fully want it.

So, since this was for the base game and not including the expansions, I'll give it and 8/10, like I said, get the expansions so that you can fully enjoy this game.

Oh and also, don't buy the stuff packs, they are a waste of money.
  26. Sep 4, 2014
    Great game! Very fun to play, with lots of details. It's truly a masterpiece to the series. The base game didn't have that much of content, but you could really enjoy playing it for weeks! The animations were great, the Sims had life, they were funny! I love this game.

The only thing i didn't like was the very limited CAS. If you wanted to create beautiful Sims, they would all look the same. Besides that, The Sims 2 was perfect!
  27. NikitaS.
    Sep 20, 2004
    I just got this game and its a bit confusing but even the first sims was at first. The graphics are awsome and there are SO many more options.
  28. ShonaR.
    Oct 20, 2005
    It is a great game, i love it and would of given it a 10 if it had pets, i hope they enclude pets in the next expansion pack then i will be sure to give it a ten.
  29. BethR
    Sep 23, 2007
    This is one of the best games i have played i ordered it on the release date and loved it since.
  30. Pierre-LucT.
    Oct 2, 2004
    Incredible game! Maxis and EA have done it again. The first Sims was an overwhelming sucess, but the Sims2 has hit the mark. The only thing that could have made it better by my thought would be weather. Beyond that thought though, I love this game greatly. The amount of things availible to you in all categories is amazing. I don't think it really is possible for two people to have Incredible game! Maxis and EA have done it again. The first Sims was an overwhelming sucess, but the Sims2 has hit the mark. The only thing that could have made it better by my thought would be weather. Beyond that thought though, I love this game greatly. The amount of things availible to you in all categories is amazing. I don't think it really is possible for two people to have EXACTLY the same sim anymore. The new build tool ideas were really neat. Overall, I gave this game an 9, since it took me a while to find a few objects in the game. Expand
  31. BrianT.
    Oct 2, 2004
    Good.
  32. RoseL.
    Sep 20, 2004
    I have never been so excited about anything in all of my life!!!
  33. CailanJ.
    Sep 20, 2004
    This game is the perfect game to a coparasent to real life in other words it is much like reality that is what makes this game so cool!!!!!
  34. Neil"Frog"W.
    Jan 20, 2005
    Addictive. maxis have kicked a goal by giving the sims aspirations, and all u wanna do is keep building the aspiration meter. still room for improvement. can't wait for the expansion pack. i like the fact u can be a teenager... i think there should be an R rated version.. hahaha.. u can incest.. but u can make twisted house holds... affairs are more fun.. easier to become friends withAddictive. maxis have kicked a goal by giving the sims aspirations, and all u wanna do is keep building the aspiration meter. still room for improvement. can't wait for the expansion pack. i like the fact u can be a teenager... i think there should be an R rated version.. hahaha.. u can incest.. but u can make twisted house holds... affairs are more fun.. easier to become friends with ppl. and also to "woohoo" or try for a baby this time.. its good, and just getting better! Expand
  35. NikkiK.
    Jul 6, 2005
    This game is awesome! But i have some new ideas for a new Sims called Sims 3. My ideas are that when the women go into labor that you take them to the hospital and help them through the birth. You should add in there own cars. More electronic selections. Start out with more money than $20,000. Pets include like dogs cats turtles anything from Unleashed. You should really just combine all This game is awesome! But i have some new ideas for a new Sims called Sims 3. My ideas are that when the women go into labor that you take them to the hospital and help them through the birth. You should add in there own cars. More electronic selections. Start out with more money than $20,000. Pets include like dogs cats turtles anything from Unleashed. You should really just combine all the sim games together with added items. Those are just some of my ideas. I think it would really be a number 1 seller in the united states. I already know a few people that would buy the game. Also have love beds that vibrate when they have sex. And dont blurr who cares people are going to find out anyways someday. You should just have the game be like a normal life. In the USA you should have them speak English not some language that we dont understand. These tips could really help a new game for Sims 3. Well i hope that you enjoyed my tips and that you consider using them for Sims 3. Thank you for your time. Expand
  36. Ginny
    Aug 8, 2005
    i'm obsessed with this game. it seriously has like, mind controlling powers. i play it all day and stay up usually until 3 or 4 AM just playing. I LOVE IT. :-]
  37. Jordan
    May 4, 2006
    One of the best games I have ever played and certainly the longest lasting. This game as given me many years of great gaming and will probably continue to do so for a few more. Give a very simple gameplay mechanism but also alows for much deeper and more complex senarios for you to create which will please the deeper more experienced players aswell as those newer younger players. And with One of the best games I have ever played and certainly the longest lasting. This game as given me many years of great gaming and will probably continue to do so for a few more. Give a very simple gameplay mechanism but also alows for much deeper and more complex senarios for you to create which will please the deeper more experienced players aswell as those newer younger players. And with a huge custome content and modding community there is always something new to keep your game feeling fresh. Expand
  38. CeliahG.
    May 19, 2007
    I love the Sims 2 I had it since I was 5 and I like how they die it funny. I will never ever lose that game. Somtimes it gets boring when i'm playing by myself but i get over because it is just so cool!
  39. TI
    Feb 5, 2009
    Look, if you're basing your review on the fact that the game doesn't work on your computer then... well... I mean, what the ****?!?! This is an excellent game, and there's nothing to that boost can make you feel better about yourself than creating the fugliest sim in existance and ruining his/her life. The sim gets fired from work, in debt, girlfriend died while fixing tvLook, if you're basing your review on the fact that the game doesn't work on your computer then... well... I mean, what the ****?!?! This is an excellent game, and there's nothing to that boost can make you feel better about yourself than creating the fugliest sim in existance and ruining his/her life. The sim gets fired from work, in debt, girlfriend died while fixing tv and standing in a puddle of water etc.) Expand
  40. BrontyPoos
    Oct 13, 2004
    AhhH! this game is so good u just want to squeeze it 2 death! luv it luv it luv it luv it! graphics are good, sound is good, making people are cool too! just make sure u have above the requirements for the game settings because we only just had the requirements and it ran rather slowly - but updte a few things and WA LAA! all is great!!!
  41. NicoleD.
    Oct 10, 2004
    I LOVE this game. Im addicted to it I have to confess. As much as I hate wanting to play it every seconed, I still love the game, its great!
  42. PurplePots
    Oct 19, 2004
    The people who created this game are simply brilliant. WOW.
  43. JustinP.
    Sep 14, 2004
    If you were (or still are) addicted to The Sims, then you'd best not buy The Sims 2. If you do, you may as well take any annual or long service leave you have now, then quit your job, and lock yourself away in the study. The Sims 2 is brilliant. It improves on the original in every facet that I've seen and adds a truckload more to keep you addicted. The look, the feel.. it If you were (or still are) addicted to The Sims, then you'd best not buy The Sims 2. If you do, you may as well take any annual or long service leave you have now, then quit your job, and lock yourself away in the study. The Sims 2 is brilliant. It improves on the original in every facet that I've seen and adds a truckload more to keep you addicted. The look, the feel.. it really is like watching your own little Big Brother right there on your PC. Theres not much I want to go into to spoil the suprises in store for you, but I can say without a doubt that The Sims 2 is a contender for Game of The Year, and will most likely pick up where its predecessor left off as the best selling game of all time. A MUST buy for any fan of Sim/Tycoon games. Expand
  44. AndreaG.
    Sep 20, 2004
    This game is AMAZING! The graphics, the interaction, the options, ALL OF IT. I don't know how you managed it, but you did and it's above and beyond what I would I anticipated.
  45. JeffB.
    Sep 25, 2004
    This game comes as close to real life as you could get.
  46. LoraO.
    Love it.
  47. LindseyD.
    Nov 23, 2005
    Great game, sometimes it has a few glitches in it, but all in all, great game.
  48. KarinaD.
    Feb 1, 2005
    I love Sims 2. It is a very entertaining game, and very addictive. You promise yourself you'll only play for twenty minutes, and you play for two hours. Sooo much fun!
  49. KefunC.
    Feb 2, 2005
    Much better than the first one. Great improvements. THis game is worth ur money. Good job EA Games.
  50. KatieC.
    Apr 2, 2005
    OMG this is the awesomest game evur! but sumtimes i rn out of ideas and don't know what to do... mayb i should get university... but i still love this game!!!
  51. AmeS.
    Jun 10, 2005
    It's the best game ever!! It is so addicting!!!
  52. StephS.
    Jul 30, 2005
    Wow! I haven't played this game yet but i've looked at pictures of it and heard all these great things about the game! It looks soo much fun. The only bad comment i've heard is the lack of speed and that it takes up a lot of memory. But who cares? If its such a fun game then who cares about how much memory it takes up!!!! I'm going to get the game soon so i've beenWow! I haven't played this game yet but i've looked at pictures of it and heard all these great things about the game! It looks soo much fun. The only bad comment i've heard is the lack of speed and that it takes up a lot of memory. But who cares? If its such a fun game then who cares about how much memory it takes up!!!! I'm going to get the game soon so i've been looking to see how it is. I like the first one but the second one looks a heck a lot more better!!!! Keep up the good work and i give it a 10! Expand
  53. AprilC.
    Aug 28, 2005
    Great game.
  54. EllieT.
    Sep 4, 2005
    I would have given it a 10 but, I miss the pets!!!!!
  55. SM
    Sep 8, 2005
    I love this game!!! I don't know what it is about playing a game where you tell people to go pee and eat that makes it so cool but I am addicted to it!
  56. Harri(et)S.
    Oct 1, 2006
    I luv the sims 2! The graphics are ace and there is sooo much to do. I'm a total sims addict i got the Sims 1 and all its expansions and I got The sims 2 and all its expansions, I'll be getting pets when it comes out. The sims has come along way in my eyes from the first one and i hope it continues. Also i wounnder if there will be a sims 3 like with all the sims to expansion I luv the sims 2! The graphics are ace and there is sooo much to do. I'm a total sims addict i got the Sims 1 and all its expansions and I got The sims 2 and all its expansions, I'll be getting pets when it comes out. The sims has come along way in my eyes from the first one and i hope it continues. Also i wounnder if there will be a sims 3 like with all the sims to expansion packs already in the main game, and where your teens can get pregnant and you can have miscariges and go to hospitals and stuff. I think that would be really cool! Expand
  57. AndrewH.
    Jan 8, 2006
    Excellent! This is the best game on PC ever. Love the expansion packs too. Great value for money.
  58. CiaranG.
    Jun 14, 2006
    I love this game. It can get a bit boring unless you keep things interesting yourself. If you just want to get your sims to churn out babies and grow old and die it won't be all that fun. Expansion packs, downloads and human intervention will keep the game fresh, fun and addictive. Lots to do and very very funny. Graphics are nice. Full 3D.
  59. JakeG.
    Jul 2, 2006
    I really enjoy this game. It has good content and gives you a lot of options of what to do. It's only flaw in my opinion is that it takes up a lot of space on the computer and takes some time to load.
  60. funiacM
    Apr 6, 2008
    It's endless! I've has it for 2 years and I'm not bored yet!! With all of the expansion packs, they know what they are doing. I love doing whatever i want to them. Their life is in my hands... Bwahaha!!!
  61. MichaelL.
    Jun 1, 2009
    I love this freaking game!!!! One of the best games I have ever played ever. It runs painfully slow and takes up allot of space and lags some but OMG. I love it I play almost on my off days and rest days. I am in college and dude people come up to me asking what are you doing I say enjoying myself. I don't care what all you negative people say It my getaway spot.
  62. KrunnA.
    Oct 14, 2004
    Its a bit annoying that people grow up too fast, rather than that.. this games its worth the time.
  63. AlvinG.
    Nov 5, 2004
    This game is too cool!!!I'm playing the whole day non-stop!
  64. BlakeT.
    Dec 2, 2004
    Great game and lots of fun. However, unless you are a hard-core Sims fan, it won't hold your interest for more than a few months. Still, it is great fun and worth the $50 for a few months of fun. Future expansions like Sims University should breathe life back into it.
  65. IndiaS.
    Dec 30, 2004
    It is so kewl. I love it.
  66. JOELSTELLAR
    Oct 25, 2004
    THIS GAME IS THE BEST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED OTHER THEN SIM 1. I HOPE THAT THE CREATERS CREATE A COOL EXSPANDSION PACK THAT GOES WITH THE SIMS 2 THAT WOULD BE GREAT, WITH WEATHER ,MORE OBJECTS, AND I NEW GREAT IDEA THAT WOULD MAKE IT GREAT. WELL THE GAME IS THE BEST.
  67. KellyW.
    Sep 19, 2004
    Game kicks ass.Well done.Kind of made me mad, When I found out that it wasn't a add on.I spend alot of money for my neices to get all the sims for them. But its cool.The game was worth spending over 50.00 dollars on. Now I can get some work done while they are playing the game. Big thanks to the people who made Sims, made my life much easier.
  68. MarkH.
    Sep 19, 2004
    What can I say?...Excellent. The animation on your sims are dramtic, slapstick, exaggerated so you always know what they are feeling - and at times tragic. Tons more ways for your sims to interact with each other. One qucik tip though...don't try to play the game "well" and have the perfect family - you will be missing out on the most amusing and endearing aspects of the game. By all What can I say?...Excellent. The animation on your sims are dramtic, slapstick, exaggerated so you always know what they are feeling - and at times tragic. Tons more ways for your sims to interact with each other. One qucik tip though...don't try to play the game "well" and have the perfect family - you will be missing out on the most amusing and endearing aspects of the game. By all means try the "good" approach...then create some wildly different sims, throw them in a house together, encourage their behaviour and watch the hilarity, chaos, tragedy unfold. Its The Sims, increased and improved almost beyond measure!! When you are playing it you aren't just "playing", you are living vicariously through your sims lives. Go on - indulge yourself in all the "what if..." scenarios you can think of!! Expand
  69. AllisonP.
    Sep 21, 2004
    After playing the first Sims with all of the optional software included, I was at a stand-still with gameplay. I'd done it all... Not the case with Sims 2. There is so much I haven't even tried or even seen yet! I've played for hours (6 of them being spent just playing around with the building of the house!). Awesome game. Worth the wait! You have to get this game! After playing the first Sims with all of the optional software included, I was at a stand-still with gameplay. I'd done it all... Not the case with Sims 2. There is so much I haven't even tried or even seen yet! I've played for hours (6 of them being spent just playing around with the building of the house!). Awesome game. Worth the wait! You have to get this game! Can't wait for the additional software! Expand
  70. JoannetheGreek
    Sep 22, 2004
    This game is just perfect!!! I do adore all the sims games but I think this is by far best than all the others. It's wonderful; the greatest game.
  71. Charmaine
    Sep 22, 2004
    Great Game. You can get for 40 at wal mart if your pc is not fast you might have 2 keep restarting to get back memory but it is great. Don't try playing if you have the min sys req.
  72. PolishKid
    Sep 23, 2004
    This game is awesome even tho i have a weak pc i enjoy playing this game.
  73. C.Doyle
    Sep 30, 2004
    Loved the Sims 1, and I love The Sims 2. It would've gotten a 10 but I gave it a 9 because of the problem that I'm having placing things where I want them in buy and build mode. They bounce around all over the place and it takes up a lot of time getting anything placed. Can be quite aggravating! Other than that I love it, especiallly having the babies, they are oh so cute!
  74. MaryD.
    Nov 16, 2005
    I'm so excited to get this game it looks sooooooo awesome. I am getting it for Christmas this year. And all ive been doing all day and after school is reading a bout it and printing screenshots. It looks so cool. But I can't belive someone would give it a zero!
  75. AprilC.
    Nov 8, 2005
    Great game.
  76. Ashley
    Jan 18, 2005
    It's an awesome game. I can just sit and play for hours, whether thats good or bad i dont know? I would ave to say that the only flaw is that time goes by a little too fast.
  77. JaimeH.
    Jan 21, 2005
    It is an awesome game, I just wish that it ran faster.
  78. SaraiW.
    Dec 4, 2005
    10! I Love This Game!
  79. JazzminM.
    Oct 26, 2005
    IT was the best game ever i love how i get to rule lives.
  80. AnnaL.
    Feb 11, 2005
    It is cool.
  81. ColinL.
    Feb 12, 2005
    Wow. This game is simply amazing. It's like the Sims +++
  82. HilaryK.
    Mar 8, 2005
    This is the best game and the expansion pack is even more exciting!! I understand why this is why its the best selling game in the world!
  83. BogdanaL.
    Apr 19, 2005
    The game is great, but why can't i join the sims 2 club? i have code and all but it doesn't work! so that's for my vote is 9!!!!
  84. Yasmin
    Apr 8, 2005
    I love this game, it great!!!!!!!!,i play it 10000000000 times a day i think if ever one in the world had the game the whole word will be happy!!!!!
  85. SimluvaW.
    May 25, 2005
    All I have to say is this games is... toataly! wicked! awesome! super! kool! krazy! The MoSt wicked game ever!!-(i cried for 30min when i got it)
  86. Liane
    Jul 3, 2005
    This is a great game! i love the graphics and all the different things to choose from. One bad thing is it takes a little while to load. There are many different clothes, make-up, and objects! the music is great and I can't wait to get Sims 2 University!
  87. ALam
    Aug 18, 2005
    Wow, it's really amazing. I was easily addicted to it.
  88. NancyH.
    Sep 29, 2005
    This game is the best! I love this game soooo much because i can make myself. I LOVE THIS GAME!
  89. RockinRaterYeth
    Jun 15, 2007
    I've been researching "The Sims 2" for a long time now and i'm sooo excited to get it this summer! I've been looking for cheats, videos and lots of ways to get your sim a good life. Once I get it the fun will begin!
  90. NeonGirl
    Aug 2, 2007
    This game is excellent! It's really a step up from the original 'The Sims' games and it's fun and highly addicting. It includes a lot of different socializing options and advanced details that aren't even needed. (That's a good thing!!!) With just a couple more things added to the game, it really could be a '10'.
  91. ClaireK.
    May 7, 2008
    This game is the best the only people who are dumb enought to give it less than 9 is because they are too ignorant to buy a faster computer and are screwing their selves over
  92. Nicole
    Nov 1, 2004
    I'm addicted to it!!
  93. DeaunaW.
    Nov 25, 2004
    This game is excellent!!! Aside from a few slight glitches, which will definitely be worked out in future editions, I couldn't ask for a better game. I also agree with the person earlier that said that they grow up a little too fast.
  94. M.A.
    Nov 4, 2004
    It's an amazing addictive game. Young and old alike will enjoy it and have hours of delight. A great step up for the franchise.
  95. Meg
    Oct 22, 2004
    I'd give it an 11 if I could. This game rocks. The visuals are amazing. And the generation concept is so cool, I almost felt like crying seeing my little toddler grow to be an adult. Other than some initially frustrating rotating issues, the entire gameplay is perfect.
  96. F.D.
    Dec 26, 2004
    I'd prefer if i had more cheats but thats just me being lazy! other than that it rocks well and truly!
  97. Squishysquish
    Sep 12, 2004
    The sims 2 is the best!!you have 3d graphics, weekends, holidays ,weather, DNA!!!
  98. CourtneyF.
    Sep 19, 2004
    I love this game so much that I play it everyday!
  99. NikkiH.
    Sep 21, 2004
    I love this game! I loved the Sims but Sims II just has so many more options.
  100. Emily
    Sep 24, 2004
    This game rocks out loud!!! I've never seen something so realistic!!!

Offers a heap of replayability, and then there are all the expansions to look forward to. With all new features, increased graphics, gameplay, and options, there is no feasible reason why you should not purchase this game if you ever enjoyed the original.
  2. While The Sims 2 delivers great graphics, wonderful music, and a ton of new features and objects; I have to say the minimum requirements should be higher. I have more RAM than it suggests but still feel I need a beefier video card to get rid of the slight glitches that seem to occur while changing views.
    The new features like aging, aspirations, character design, community property, and all of the great story building tools help to make The Sims 2 a more complete game in every way possible.