The Stanley Parable PC

8.0

1. Sep 4, 2016
    Very refreshing experience. This is obviously not a traditional game, but nonetheless it is absolutely recommended for everyone even slightly interested in video games (as a medium, not just in playing them).

Witty, no longer than they needed to tell what they wanted. My only advice: after you feel you are done with it (don't want to spoil it) find a guide so you can see what you

Witty, no longer than they needed to tell what they wanted.

My only advice: after you feel you are done with it (don't want to spoil it) find a guide so you can see what you have missed, there will be one or two surprises yet for you.
  2. Jun 14, 2016
    I'm not always giving 10/10, but when I do, it's worth it. This game is simple and genius, just like AK-47. You just walk, hearing what The Narrator is saying and sometimes you just do everything to prove him, that you're not following this. In this simple game, there is a very complex message, but it's up to you to find it.
    I truly can recommend this game, it will give you a lot of fun
    I truly can recommend this game, it will give you a lot of fun and laughs.
  3. Apr 16, 2016
    perfecta narracion, muy buenos giros y grandes solpresas hacen de este un videojuego diferente, único, centrado en otro enfoque nuevo y unico en el mundo de los videojuegos. una verdadera obra de arte
  4. Mar 15, 2016
    tHIS IS, I SWEAR, THE BEST WALKING SIMULATOR IVE EVER PLAYED IN MY LIFE OH MY GOD IM ITS BIG FAN REALLY, BUY IT IMMEDIATELY YOU WONT BE REGRET BEST GAME EVER U KNOW
  5. Feb 2, 2016
    The Stanley Parable is such an interesting look at the game culture... I did enjoy the constant mind screw the game offers to the players.

I can see why the game got negative reviews but really for what it IS this game is damn near perfect. If the Graphics aren't your thing, play it for the dark and dry humor.
  6. Feb 1, 2016
    The Stanley Parable was originally a Half-Life 2 Mod, But now Valve has remade it on the Portal 2 engine, also adding new endings and features. The Stanley Parable is an amazing and ground breaking game, that you should buy if you are a PC gamer. If I tell you how this game is so amazing, it will spoil the experience for you. This game is also a good filler while waiting for Half - Life 3.The Stanley Parable was originally a Half-Life 2 Mod, But now Valve has remade it on the Portal 2 engine, also adding new endings and features. The Stanley Parable is an amazing and ground breaking game, that you should buy if you are a PC gamer. If I tell you how this game is so amazing, it will spoil the experience for you. This game is also a good filler while waiting for Half - Life 3. My only problem is that it's not on the Xbox 360 or PS3, but even that doesn't stop me from giving this amazing game a 10. Expand
  7. Jan 25, 2016
    A fan-made mod witch was made into a game? A fan-made game? That can never be bad, right? Yeah, I was corect. Stanley Parable is a GREAT game. But after finding all the endings and laughing, theres nothing to do.
  8. Jan 23, 2016
    With The Stanley Parable you will have an awesome experience, the game will elapse according to what you do. You don´t play this game, the game play with you.
  9. Nov 11, 2015
    A pretty fun and unusual game. It's mostly a parody on certain mechanics used in games, most notably the idea of player choice. Throughout the entire time, there is a narrator speaking to the player, who is trying hard to guide the player along a certain direction. The player can then choose to listen to the narrator or wander off and do what they feel like, which gets on narrator'sA pretty fun and unusual game. It's mostly a parody on certain mechanics used in games, most notably the idea of player choice. Throughout the entire time, there is a narrator speaking to the player, who is trying hard to guide the player along a certain direction. The player can then choose to listen to the narrator or wander off and do what they feel like, which gets on narrator's nerves.

There isn't all that much content in the game, and I kind of wish it had more, but what is there is certainly worth experiencing. The game is both funny and thought-provoking. "Now, Stanley, let's go and find the story." :D
  10. Nov 9, 2015
    It's one of those games where you walk around, but it's much more interactive than most. It responds to all your choices, and the main fun of the matter is taking things in unexpected directions to see if the game is ready for it. Most of the time, it is, and has a new story branch to go right along with it. They thought of almost everything. There are a great deal of possible endings toIt's one of those games where you walk around, but it's much more interactive than most. It responds to all your choices, and the main fun of the matter is taking things in unexpected directions to see if the game is ready for it. Most of the time, it is, and has a new story branch to go right along with it. They thought of almost everything. There are a great deal of possible endings to discover and a few hours of pure comedy to enjoy. If you're not into meta-comedy or mocking the basics of game design in general, you won't find much to laugh at, but as someone who enjoys this sort of thing, it's irresistibly clever, made better by its wonderful narrator. Expand
  11. Oct 24, 2015
    The Stanley Parable is an interactive storytelling video game designed by Davey Wreden. The game originally released on July 27, 2011 as a free modification for Half-Life 2. A high-definition stand-alone remake, including new story elements, was again designed by Davey Wreden together with Source engine modeler William Pugh, under the Galactic Cafe studio name.
  12. Oct 17, 2015
    I'll simply say this, being disobedient and being chewed out for it is hilerious fun. Play this game and discover the many ways you can anger the narrator. Or don't, it's entirely up to you, but it's much more fun to be disobedient in this game, trust me.
  13. Sep 11, 2015
    I have no doubts giving this game a 9 out of 10.
    It's amazing how was I truly surprised and confused, toyed-with and helped by this game. For me this game is pure genius and I had an insane amount of enjoyment playing it.
    I have no doubts giving this game a 9 out of 10.
    Still I won't recommend it to everyone, because a lot of people may find this game meaningless and boring (If you enjoyed portal, you may like this, even if it's quite more "deep").
  14. Aug 31, 2015
    Entertaining, that's how I would explain this game if I had one word and one word only.

Love the voice of the narrator, he is the all of the game, if it wasn;t for him the game wouldn't even be called a game.

Had a good 2 hours with it.
  15. Aug 5, 2015
    I really enjoyed the Stanley Parable. Clever game, with excellent narration and rewards exploration. If you like walking sims and just exploring the worlds to see what will happen there's plenty to find in this game - and again the narration is excellent. If you've worked in an office environment there's a lot of jokes to identify with also - but there's also some thoughtfulI really enjoyed the Stanley Parable. Clever game, with excellent narration and rewards exploration. If you like walking sims and just exploring the worlds to see what will happen there's plenty to find in this game - and again the narration is excellent. If you've worked in an office environment there's a lot of jokes to identify with also - but there's also some thoughtful philosophical observations built into the game. I've played about 5 1/2 hours so far trying to find different hidden elements of the game and have found alot of them, but there are still more.

If this even sounds halfway interesting to you play it. I haven't played anything quite like it, and found it totally worth the exploration.
  16. Jul 29, 2015
    Great game that is a fast pace run of the mill AAA MLG title, just a good relaxing game to play on your down time. only con is the game is really short and you can beat this in a few hours.
  17. Jun 25, 2015
    Some games are weird and/or experimental just for the sake of it. This is not one of those games. I thoroughly enjoyed looking for alternate ways to get through the story, for different ending that most of the time weren't even there.

I see people talking about the message of this game. Well if there is a message I certainly didn't care for it. Just give it a shot - there's a demo - and enjoy yourself.
  18. Jun 24, 2015
    "This is the story about a man named Stanley" - The Strange Narrator

The first words I hear when I play this amazing first person narrative game. It is one of the best narrative games I have played in a while. With confusing endings to really crazy achievements. This game is really satisfying in what it does. I highly recommend getting this game while you can.
  19. Jun 14, 2015
    I did not expect to be a pretty good game. It is really funny and very fun .
  20. May 7, 2015
    i played this game without knowing anything about it and i strongly suggest you do the same. extremely weird in a good way and it makes you play it over and over.
  21. Apr 28, 2015
    Very good game. Its fun and peculiar. Don't play it while on acid. This game will screw with your head so much that it will make you question your own existence.

10/10 for the biggest "WUT!?" in the history of gaming so far
  22. Feb 12, 2015
    Really wasn't sure I was going to enjoy this at all, and my initial impression wasn't good either if I'm honest.

Glad I gave it more than five minutes though, because it's really good. Give it a whirl!
  23. ave
    Feb 7, 2015
    The Stanley Parable demo was intriguing enough to get me play the whole game.

Even if the total play time is quite short (about 2 / 3 hours to reach the supposed end) the game succeeds in proposing an original and unsettling experience. Starting like a seamingly adventure game, you quickly realize that there are no objects to collect or puzzles to solve - except the whole meaning of
    The Stanley Parable demo was intriguing enough to get me play the whole game.

Starting like a seamingly adventure game, you quickly realize that there are no objects to collect or puzzles to solve - except the whole meaning of game itself. And it's here where it really shines.

One critical aspect of all adventure games is plot and dialogue. Here the plot is as mysterious as you could imagine, and the narrator perplexity in what you do funny as well. After a while, you just enjoy the simple act of doing the opposite of what you are supposed to do, exercing free will, enjoying a strange feeling of agency even if it leads to the brutal death of the brave Stanley.

The game even reach the point of developing beyond the Stranger than Fiction plot (if you happen to know the movie) for a moment of sheer delight.

Really, The Stanley Parable does something powerful in the game world : instead of being a little of everything that works in different genres (like Incredibles Adventures of Van Helsing), it does not try to be strong where it's weak and focuses all its strengh on what it's great at!

And the developers should be praised for that :)
  24. Jan 24, 2015
    You like fast paced games with tons of replayability but zero clue of why you are shooting those guys or some other characters in the game,go play something else.You want a slow,subtle or memorable game?Go play this.The bottom line that I saw from observing low scores vs. high scores is that the ones who rated this low are the shooter type of gamers,the ones who wants the action fast andYou like fast paced games with tons of replayability but zero clue of why you are shooting those guys or some other characters in the game,go play something else.You want a slow,subtle or memorable game?Go play this.The bottom line that I saw from observing low scores vs. high scores is that the ones who rated this low are the shooter type of gamers,the ones who wants the action fast and short without a single memory of it,while the ones who rated it high are the diverse ones who likes any genre as long as it is decent,and liked this because of the witts and tricks in it,and also some message.The point is,the fast paced gamers is trying to rush everything like a deranged weeaboo and not remembering the past things the Narrator said.In these types of games you won't get a single enjoyment if you like things fast,you don't enjoy it by what the low raters say replayability,you enjoy it by it's quality,every,single,low scorer tried to rush replay it as fast as they can to get all the endings but didn't payed attention so they didn't enjoy it,it's like sex,it's not how many times you can thrust that little stick of yours,it's how memorable each of those slow thrusts are.If you want to see 10/10,go with the flow of the game and make personal decisions,this isn't your CoD shooter where you shoot random yet generic guys aimlessly without any kind of compelling reasons and you don't even know why you are shooting them except because they are the ones infront of you who doesn't dress like you.but if you wanna see 0/10 you can see it by trying hard and replaying it as fast as you can,remember,forcing something isn't always gonna work,do not force the fun out of this game because the more you force it the lesser you get,take it calmly to enjoy it,there is nothing more than a good game and a peaceful atmosphere,yes,even for shooters,you can't really play anything if the people around you are rampaging the hell out of the house or your room. Expand
  25. Nov 14, 2014
    Original concept, works great and doesn't require much of a computer. If you get it at 6$ its a 8, but if u got it for 3$ like me I would give it a 10. Not the longest game but if u get it cheap it'll be worth it.
  26. Nov 14, 2014
    Best game ever but it aint a game Best game ever but it aint a game Best game ever but it aint a game Best game ever but it aint a game Best game ever but it aint a game Best game ever but it aint a game
  27. Nov 11, 2014
    You will love this game. I promise. I will lick my shoes if you don't. How can you not like such an original game? It's so empty, yet rich with dialogue and personality and humour.
  28. Oct 27, 2014
    It's very difficult to describe what kind of game this is. But to sum it all up in my book, it's the choice-lovers' kind of game. Imagine if Morgan Freeman narrated the character of your life and you are able to hear it and decide to give that narrator the middle finger by not following his instructions and he decide to narrate and argue back into you following him--- That's one way toIt's very difficult to describe what kind of game this is. But to sum it all up in my book, it's the choice-lovers' kind of game. Imagine if Morgan Freeman narrated the character of your life and you are able to hear it and decide to give that narrator the middle finger by not following his instructions and he decide to narrate and argue back into you following him--- That's one way to describe this game. Expand
  29. Oct 26, 2014
    STANLEY PARABLE IS A GREAT GAME THAT TELLS YOU NOT JUST A STORY,BUT A GREAT AND FUNNY ONE.
    +Great Narrator/Funny Narrator
    +Great Endings/Funny Endings
    +Great Graphics
    +Great Story
    +Awesome Easter Eggs
    However...
    -I think there should be an update with more endings.But this doesn't change nothing,it's still a...
    10/10.
  30. Oct 3, 2014
    This game plays with your brain and alter your minds, none game is similar like this. The game developers should be like this developers and make games like this
  31. Sep 12, 2014
    Very good, interesting, intelligent and intriguing game, It's very different than many action-oriented games, but that doesn't mean it's boring, quite the opposite, it's very different and that is good.
  32. Jul 22, 2014
    A very entertaining and funny indie game. I can't really say much about it without spoiling it for those who haven't played it yet. If you are curious pick it up and experience it yourself, i highly recommend it.
  33. Jul 17, 2014
    I'm giving this a 10 because it's one of the games that makes me happy to be a PC gamer. Because it's built so powerfully around humour, your experience may vary considerably from mine. It's not like Portal 2, where if Wheatley and GlaDOS's script left you cold (you monster) then at least you had the excellent puzzle action. This game is for anyone who loved Portal 2's writing, for fans ofI'm giving this a 10 because it's one of the games that makes me happy to be a PC gamer. Because it's built so powerfully around humour, your experience may vary considerably from mine. It's not like Portal 2, where if Wheatley and GlaDOS's script left you cold (you monster) then at least you had the excellent puzzle action. This game is for anyone who loved Portal 2's writing, for fans of Douglas Adams, for fans of British TV comedy. It's going to occupy you for a limited amount of time - maybe 3 hours or so, possibly more if you go through the Wikia to find all the secrets - so you'll have to decide if you think that's worth it. I and many thousands of others did, and we regret nothing. Expand
  34. Jun 26, 2014
    The Stanley Parable is a very strange but very interesting game. It is very short - about 2-3 hours in terms of total content - but the game can be "beaten" within ten minutes. The important thing to recognize is that "beating" the game isn't the point - the game has north of a dozen endings, and rather than diverging only at the end, the entire GAME changes between them.

The thing to

The thing to recognize about this game is that it is a humor-based game which is also a meta-commentary on other video games, choice in video games (or the illusion thereof), and many other things. Ironically, it has more actual choice than almost any other video game has.

Explaining why the game is great pretty much is a huge spoiler for the game; if you watch the trailers for the game and think they're intriguing, then you're going to enjoy the game. If you don't think the trailers are interesting, then the game will annoy you. And because the trailers are legitimately entertaining in their own right, you aren't wasting your time by watching them.

A word of warning though - the game IS quite short. It has about 2-3 hours worth of content, which is right for what the game is, but you should be aware of that when you buy it. While it is a high quality piece of entertainment, I would say that most people will sit down and go through all the content in a single evening and then likely never touch the game again. So, be aware of that when you buy it, and consider its price accordingly. Still, it is a great game for what it is, though goodness knows what one really calls a game like this - there aren't really any other games which are quite like it.
  35. Jun 18, 2014
    Aw man. Don't read about it, don't do anything more. The less you know, the better! I'll just say this: keep an open mind, and enjoy what might be on of the most important games in terms of storytelling!
  36. Jun 9, 2014
    I was a bit disappointed for one reason ; The length of the game. I bought this game 15$ on steam and finished all the endings in 2 hours. If you can get it on sale for 3$ than it worth it!

On the other hand, it is a totally original game that makes you a part of an unfinished story! You work out with the narrator to find your way to the end! I hope there will be some DLC's to extend the playtime because this game could be gold!
  37. Jun 1, 2014
    This game is very mental. Whatever you do, like walking, choices, do what the narrator calls or do, everything was well thought out to confuse the player.
  38. May 29, 2014
    You guys think that you are really intelligent or happy? Oh, really? Okay then, play this game and after we gonna talk.
    This isn't a game at all. Because games allowed us to play the game. But now, things changed my friends. This is something new. This is a philosophy, this is a psychology, this is a funny joke, this is our job... Actually this is our life. This is one of the best thing i've ever witnessed in my entire life.
    So my advice; don't play this game if you don't love to talk with your friends meaninglessly about 2 hours.
  39. May 2, 2014
    I bought this game on sale (3$). I'm very glad to have tried it. It's not much fun but it makes you thinking about what a video game is. I can describe it with just a word: mind-blowing.
  40. May 1, 2014
    If there ever was a game that deserved LESS to be said about it, this is it. You really need to dive in head first and try it. Completely original and entertaining. Especially if you've ever worked in an office.
  41. Apr 14, 2014
    i was expecting for more endings... but anyways, i had to try all 18 and it was soo much fun!! just try, keep on trying til you know you completed all of the endings. an original game which guarantee you some fun! 9/10 :)
  42. Apr 13, 2014
    A unique game that every intelligent gamer should play.
    Unique and intelligent humour in every turn, voice acting so good I doubt an another game even comes close to the emotional undertones of the narrator.
  43. Apr 7, 2014
    A witty and self-referential game about games. What impresses me the most is that each time I return to this game I have encountered something new and found myself ginning and laughing both at the game and myself.
    For those who have grown up gaming, this is a must-have title that should afford some light relief around a form of entertainment that is often taken all-too seriously.
  44. Apr 3, 2014
    Stanley Parable was a mod to Garry´s Mod, the mod was getting so popular, that it got its own game. And it was worth the money. Stanley Parable is not a normal game like another First Person game, it has its own shelf, its own category, the best way to say it short, its a fantastic special game. The game has really many different endings, and feels like, you´re in a commentary, or even aStanley Parable was a mod to Garry´s Mod, the mod was getting so popular, that it got its own game. And it was worth the money. Stanley Parable is not a normal game like another First Person game, it has its own shelf, its own category, the best way to say it short, its a fantastic special game. The game has really many different endings, and feels like, you´re in a commentary, or even a book written on the choices you choose. The game is not the best graphics game that you´re gonna see, but its really easy to run, and you´re not gonna think about the graphics, but about the story you´re making. The game isn´t an action game, its a relaxing game, you can sit when you´re bored. You can´t really tell anything about the story, or the game itself, without its a spoiler. The game has a really, really good telling, even when im played the game, and i made sometimes the sad endings or something, i felt like, i was touched.
    Final word: Buy the game if you like relaxing Indie Games, and you love where you interact to the choices, and even make your own story.
  45. Apr 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. is the game worth it's $15 price tag?
    i can't make that judgement, buy it and see if the game provides a $15 experience.
    or wait until the steam summer sales come along and see if you cant get it at a discount price.
  46. Mar 30, 2014
    This is not a game it is an experience you control stanley thats the only thing i'm going to say of story there are so many secrets and endings and the demo it has a own story just play it and experience it for yourself
  47. Mar 30, 2014
    It´s hard to say something about this awesome game, not spoilering something.

But when a game completely convinces you without having graphics like Skyrim or action as in CoD/Battlefield or whatever, there is something making it really special. I can´t really tell what this is, but Stanley Parable has it :D
  48. Mar 26, 2014
    It is a very good and well thought through game.
    However, it does lack a bit in content, which gets very noticeable after playing it for about 20h.
    In total, it is very amusing.
  49. Mar 25, 2014
    Real nice game,have to say most unique game i have played to date,its mysterious,hilarious and totally worth the time,only thing i would have liked though was if there were more levels
  50. Mar 25, 2014
    "Stanley Parable isn't a game for everyone. A lot of people missed the aim of the game...it is inadvertently funny, crazy and confusing...It is short...that the proposition of this game. If you expect something different...don't buy it. For those who likes mindless killing everything that moves, this is not the game...but if you're looking for an unique experience, this is the game for"Stanley Parable isn't a game for everyone. A lot of people missed the aim of the game...it is inadvertently funny, crazy and confusing...It is short...that the proposition of this game. If you expect something different...don't buy it. For those who likes mindless killing everything that moves, this is not the game...but if you're looking for an unique experience, this is the game for you."

This review hit EXACTLY, what this game is supposed to be.
  51. Mar 14, 2014
    This game is definitely over-hyped and undeserving of its numerous 10/10 scores. This is an indie game with more of a message than a deep story. This game has more wit and charm than substance, and I've noticed how it and others like it often get overrated by critics.

That being said, it is a very fun and funny game. I really enjoyed seeing all the content that it had to offer, even if I had to look up how to do a lot of it. I won't go into its plot or even the game mechanics, since that might be a slight spoiler.

I will say that if you like Portal or similar type games (and have an open mind about what games should be), you will like this. I don't mean that Portal didn't have substance, because it did.

Also, $15 bucks is a bit much for a MAX 2-3 hour game, with little replay-ability beyond showing friends. It is a good game worth playing, though. 8/10
  52. Mar 13, 2014
    The Stanley Parable is a game that openly mocked me, what I was doing, and what I enjoy doing, and I loved every second of it. This isn't a game based around interesting gameplay or action-packed sequences and setpieces. I hesitate to even call it story-focused. The truth is that this game turns the notion of choice in gaming on its head. It makes you look at what choice actually meansThe Stanley Parable is a game that openly mocked me, what I was doing, and what I enjoy doing, and I loved every second of it. This isn't a game based around interesting gameplay or action-packed sequences and setpieces. I hesitate to even call it story-focused. The truth is that this game turns the notion of choice in gaming on its head. It makes you look at what choice actually means and why it, in the end, can't actually exist in a video game.
    For a game with such a philosophical bent, The Stanley Parable has a lot of charm to it. The narration has the dry wit and dark humor of Portal, and it carries itself with just the right parts levity and mocking derision that you can't help but laugh at yourself. It's like being on the receiving end of a particularly well executed, well timed, but well meaning practical joke.
    I beg you if you have gotten this far to try this game. It isn't much cost-wise and it, above all, deserves to be played. Keep in mind what it's about, and you will have a great time.
    All that being said, though, there are a few things that could have been improved. While it is a good game, there isn't a lot of it. I would say that it "doesn't overstay its welcome," but I would have liked it to stick around a while longer. There are some secrets and achievements (each of which mocking the concepts they represent nicely), but there isn't much reason to play this game after you've seen every ending. This is not a full release title, however, and we shouldn't be expecting 20+ hours of gameplay from this.

Pros:
    - Deep, well thought out meaning
    - Incredible Humor
    - Unique

Cons:
    - Short
  53. Mar 12, 2014
    I have played this and for a second I thought the game was going to be a horror one. I don't know, I liked it, but the single thing I didn't like is the fact that you have to play it many times to understand the rest of the story and you have to die in a point.
  54. Mar 12, 2014
    The most fun I have had playing a game in years, The Stanley Parable is pure brilliance, extremely witty, unique and fresh another giant from the Indie circuit inspired by gamers for gamers. Simply check this game out, you won't be disappointed
  55. Mar 9, 2014
    Best thoughtprovoking game I've ever seen. People who think this game is boring, you're [not clever] people who don't understand the real deep sense game.
  56. Mar 7, 2014
    Surprisingly good game with achievements that will blow your mind and a sense of humor that reminds that of Portal and Portal 2. An experience everybody should try.
  57. Mar 3, 2014
    Definitely an awesome game! Like some people here say - you either hate or love it. It makes you think and is definitely one of the games which I liked most! I don't know how to describe it - it always makes you think the game ended, but suddenly a little thing is different. and THAT'S WHY I LOVE IT!!!
  58. Mar 2, 2014
    Quite an experience. This is a must play for everyone. Hilarious duologue, and a huge branching narrative will have you coming back again and again looking for every detail in the "story". Just when you think you have found everything, the game throws you a curve ball and you go for another wild journey with the narrator.
  59. Mar 1, 2014
    Great narrator. I really liked him. He describes everything I do and every choice I make, like I'm in a book. The Stanley Parable is the first of its kind. It criticizes the modern way of living and shows how this life really looks like. The story is unpredictable. I thought that I'm playing that game. But later I said: Oh I feel stupid. This game is playing me.
  60. Feb 27, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After Portal 2 this game was the Best.Before I start the only thing that was wrong with the game was two bugs I found.the gameplay was really good and It was awesome that they didn't put any puzzles cause It wasn't like other games It was just exploring and listen to the Best narrator ever.It was like dear esther you should just explore.the endings were all awesome expect the space one were you should trow your self down and die.It had about 5 or 6 hours gameplay.all the ending were about 2 hours expect the one that you should play the narrator game(the one that you should press the button for 4 hours.)which was 4 and hour.Best ending was down stair one(the one that stanley goes down stairs and next morning a woman find his body.). The most stressful ending was countdown ending(the one that you turn the machine on.). The whole game was amazing and I'm really happy that I played It.Till now second Best game ever. Expand
  61. Feb 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. For me this is one of the best PC games ever made. Why?
    Simply because it’s really funny and interesting. The story of Stanley is well made and while you are playing the narrator that tells the story usually tells a joke or restarts the game.

Whenever the narrator restarts the game, you get more addicted to the game and you want to discover another ending. However, the game restarts too much .The graphics are decent too. The Stanley Parable also talks about games. I recommend to the world this game, because everyone will enjoy it.
  62. Feb 24, 2014
    Who says games needed gameplay? This is an incredible piece of self-satirical art that is unlike anything else you have ever played. If you prefer shooting aliens in the face over subtext, don't buy this, but if can appreciate a subtle, clever experience, BUY THIS NOW.
  63. Feb 22, 2014
    If you enjoy storytelling, get this game. If you enjoy puzzles, get this game. If you... whatever.. GET THIS GAME. So clever, inspired, witty and awesome. This game will leave a lasting impression on you.
  64. Feb 20, 2014
    Is impossible not to give this game a 10/10. This game redefine what means a story in a video game, and redefine what is a game, is very hard to explain why this game is so extraordinary, you need to play it to see how good is it.
  65. Feb 5, 2014
    Listen. This is both for the people panning this game, and the people who don't know the point of it, or if you just want to know what this game is about. Firstly, this game is great in its own way. Although short, and with limited, but many endings that give this game I'd say about a 10 hour play-through (with countless more getting the achievements) this game is proving the point thatListen. This is both for the people panning this game, and the people who don't know the point of it, or if you just want to know what this game is about. Firstly, this game is great in its own way. Although short, and with limited, but many endings that give this game I'd say about a 10 hour play-through (with countless more getting the achievements) this game is proving the point that games are in itself linear. It doesn't matter what you do, it's the end result that almost always is the same. Choices are meaningless. This game attempts to reject that, and say "make your own decision" by saying "Don't make your own decision". In this game, choices matter and you get a drastically different result depending on the simplest of decisions such as going through the left door or the right door. Secondly, if I said anything about the actual game besides the fact you can make the rare interaction with objects and go left right forwards and backwards, it would be a spoiler.

To all of your panning this game, think of it more as a statement, not a game. Besides, what is a game? In my opinion, it's anything that can be interacted with. So this game meets that category. This game is a statement that video games tropes need to change. Choose a path. That path is different than the main one, and just as interesting. This is the true meaning of the Stanley Parable. Think on it.
  66. Jan 31, 2014
    Very few times do I come out of a sequel thinking differently of it than its predecessor. The original Stanley Parable was nothing more than a fun little excursion; a little 40 min. blurb to sink my teeth into of decent narration and storytelling. The Stanley Parable that you can get now on Steam is so much more. The game is still essentially the same game as before: choices>endings, butVery few times do I come out of a sequel thinking differently of it than its predecessor. The original Stanley Parable was nothing more than a fun little excursion; a little 40 min. blurb to sink my teeth into of decent narration and storytelling. The Stanley Parable that you can get now on Steam is so much more. The game is still essentially the same game as before: choices>endings, but with literally three times the content and some kick*ss narrative. The game is, for the most part, a serious game, with a well-raveled plot and some excellent themes. However, the game constantly makes fun of itself, delivering hilarious lines from the perfectly-cast Kevan Brighting. This is a game worth sinking lots of time into to find all of its secrets, yet there isn't a single collectible, no enemies, no real achievable goal. If you prefer to play games with more "playing" involved, this isn't your game. If you love a good narrative and some witty jokes, don't pass this one up! (a tip: take a right at the doors, a left to the maintenance section, and down the elevator to find my favorite ending :D) Expand
  67. Jan 28, 2014
    Я никогда раньше не видел столь великолепной игры. Тонкий юмор и великолепный голос рассказчика, насмешка над концепцией видеоигр, багами в них. Everyone must play this great game.
  68. Jan 28, 2014
    There has been three indies in 2013 that stole my heart. Gone Home, Papers Please and The Stanley Parable. The three are my addiction, my gems, my precious golden rings.
    But somehow, The Stanley Parable is the one I most enjoyed. Maybe because I never know what to expect, because each playthrough is completely different. Maybe because I have never played the Half Life mod so I don't actually know how the original is, and still, find this incredibly good. It is darkly funny, confusing and dazzling. It may not have the best visuals and the gameplay is pretty simple. But the amount of freedom (Or not) in this game is outstanding.
    First of all, some of the best writing is here. Even the achievements are funny (Take a look at them). You are Stanley and a narrator is sort of telling you what to do. You can obey him or disobey him and this can take you through a lot of different endings and situations. I love decision-based games, and this the motherload as you must discover the decisions. And it is not knowing what will come next what makes the game so exciting.
    The visuals are good. They will not make your eyes overload with exuberant beauty, but they are not clunky. In fact, play it in a powerful PC, and you have a damn pretty game. It is a game you have to experience with as little knowledge as possible to enjoy its fully potential. The Stanley Parable is one of this year's best Indies. But remember, THISISNEVERTHEEND.
  69. Jan 25, 2014
    This game is fantastic. It was one of the most enjoyable game experiences of 2013 for me. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but this is a game definitely worth checking out. Saying anything else would spoil the game. 10/10.
  70. Jan 24, 2014
    The best way I can find to describe this game is "a story about a story". The gameplay is extremely simple, limited only to following paths and very occasionally clicking objects. What makes the experience so enjoyable is the narrator who comments on your every move, packed with tons of humor. Replayability is very low, and there aren't too many endings, so you won't get dozens of hoursThe best way I can find to describe this game is "a story about a story". The gameplay is extremely simple, limited only to following paths and very occasionally clicking objects. What makes the experience so enjoyable is the narrator who comments on your every move, packed with tons of humor. Replayability is very low, and there aren't too many endings, so you won't get dozens of hours out of it, but the time you do get is completely worth it.
    This kind of games are better started with as little knowledge as possible, so don't investigate too much before giving it a try.
  71. Jan 24, 2014
    This was one of the most random pieces of self-aware fun I've had the joy to play. A friend bought it for me and I was gonna play for a few minutes before bed and before I knew it it had been over four hours! I'm also glad for the first time that I tried to get an achievement - the 430 one. Trust me, go for it!
  72. Jan 23, 2014
    A game that is both fun and interesting and I can guarantee that it will make you think outside the box. The Narrator is what makes this game great and thanks to his priceless comments, you'll end up doing the weirdest things just to see his reaction to it :-)
    One of the greatest things about this game is that you can never quite finish it. There'll always be a few things you've missed here and there, and even though I've played it for quite a while now there's probably still 1 or 2 endings I haven't found yet.
    In any case this is a great game and I'll recommend it to anyone with a sense of humor :D
  73. Jan 22, 2014
    There is very little reason why I should give this game a 10.

There is probably the least replayability of a game since Phoenix Wright, some mechanics are a little choppy and glitchy, there are a couple story loopholes that got me stuck in a room and forced a reboot, and many times I felt the game just made me frustrated. But after playing this game, I can't even be sure that
    There is very little reason why I should give this game a 10.

But after playing this game, I can't even be sure that Galactic Cafe didn't want me to be frustrated. Of course, I'm joking, but the narrative genius that this game displays makes me feel just that. It dares, and sometimes forces you to challenge the game, challenge the plot diagram of the story along with the uncouth, witty narrator and even sometimes question what you want from the game. While forcing emotions is detrimental to other games, the Stanley Parable encourages it. I constantly got an eerie sense that the game always knew what the next choice I would make was. When betraying the story leads you to a dark parking garage, the narrator's voice sounding as chilly as ever, your mind leads nowhere but "Oh f**k, I messed up." But then you turn around, the door you just came out of is now closed. Everything that would seem like a cheap trick in another game is played to a forte here, utilized just to shape the player into feeling an emotion.

And knowing this alienates you, since this game is all about choice anyway. None of your choices were of consequence anyway, and the game knew this all along. And that's what's great about the Stanley Parable- you can look as deeply or superficially into it as you want, and it still retains what makes it unique- a avant-garde, difficult look at storytelling.
  74. Jan 18, 2014
    A fascinating and fresh game. At first it may seem it will be an awful experience, because there's no guns or explosions. But you'll quickly understand why this game deserves such high ratings.
    There's is 0 gameplay, you walk and you walk... and walk.
    Along with your walking there will be a funny, interesting and humorous narrator. You make the story with your decisions, you change the
    There's is 0 gameplay, you walk and you walk... and walk.
    You make the story with your decisions, you change the course of the game with the paths you take, and the narrator always has an opinion on everything you do.
    And the voice actor... OHH, the voice actor. A majestic voice that will make you shed a tear with every sentence.
    You have a lot of paths you can take, and the game has a lot of endings and secrets!
    I wasted around 2-3 hours playing and re-playing the game, trying to get all the endings. I still missed 1
    or 2 "secret endings, but nothing major.
    Anyways, this game is a great experience and it's different from anything out there right now.
    I don't give it a 10/10 because after completing the game it has 0 re-playability, and the game starts getting a little repetitive after your 100th try, but it quickly hides it with the new narrator lines.
    Go buy it, you will not regret it.
  75. Jan 18, 2014
    It´s such a great "Game" for the price. I even kept the Demo because I love how the "Game" plays me ;)
    It´s a little short but you can play it over and over and over and over.....
  76. Jan 18, 2014
    Short (and not costly) but stunning. Reminds me of reading Italo Calvino's novels, as this isn't a game so much as a walk through wonderland. The narration is extremely well done and succeeds at being funny at all the right times.
  77. Jan 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best games of this decade, "The Stanley Parable" brilliantly makes of self reflection a raison d'être.
    More than introspection we should probably talk about what we can call "self extrospection".
    The game's self extrospection is favored by making the player bring up and reflect over all of those things that he (or she) considers being implicitly existing in some formats (that a videogame can be beaten, that there are good and bad choices to make, that enviromental interaction gives positive feedbacks, et cetera), and, on the base of those reflections, pushes him to consider the meaning of such conventions, their real value and, with a more distant perspective, his own relation to them and his acceptance of rules in general.

One of the central arguing points of the game is that the player, by systematically trying to apply the same mechanics he is usually applying to videogames in order to achieve the results he is used to achieve, is substantially growing accustomed to mechanically do the same thing over and over, without demanding anything extra-ordinary (uncommon) of himself nor leaving any space for free reflection. "Stanley [...] has a job that demands nothing of him, and every button that he pushes is a reminder of the inconsequential nature of his existence. Look at him there: pushing buttons, doing exactly what he's told to do. Now, he's pushing a button. Now, he's eating lunch. Now, he's going home; now, he's coming back to work. One might even feel sorry for him, except that he's chosen this life." As Stanley is not questioning the repetitiveness of his job so the player might not be questioning certain patterns that he is automatically following in his gameplay sessions; in The Stanley Parable these patterns are usually bringing the player to look for something that he's used to get in other games, only to end up getting it in a very ridiculing form ([spoiler] just think of the competitive leaderboards and the achievements [/spoiler] ).

In most of the cases, by giving the players exactly the contrary to what they wanted from the game, The Stanley Parable pushes the player to obtain a sort of third person self analytical perspective (even intensified in one of the endings in which [spoiler] the game ends with a third person view on Stanley incapable of making a choice [/spoiler] ), the so called (by me) "self extrospection", in which he is asked to reflect on the nature of his impulsive attractions or behaviours. The arising questions and the following thoughts are many: is what the players are looking for something really worth to look for, or are they just grown accustomed to have it and therefore they're feeling its absence when it's not given to them? But it is only when this perspective is moved to other entertainment forms, which are also demanding nothing of people and just drench them with a shower of positive or shocking stimuli, that we can really start to question the level of free will that we possess; as Gustave Le Bon writes in his book "The Crowd – A Study of the Popular Mind": ”It is only by obtaining some sort of insight into the psychology of crowds that it can be understood [...] how powerless they are to hold any opinions other than those which are imposed upon them, and that is not with rules based on theories of pure equity that they are to be led, but by seeking what produces an impression on them and what seduces them.”

How much are we automatically doing because we've been pushed to grow accustomed to it? Are we laughing at a video where someone crashes with a motorbike because it is really funny and not at all unethical, or are we doing that to relief some of our personal frustrations by watching someone else failing? "Yes, it's all very amusing. And we laugh and we call our friends over and they laugh too and soon the whole world laughs and laughs and laughs at the man who failed. [...] But [...] you, sitting there: what have you gained watching this video? What have you learned?" And if we do it because of the frustrating monotony of our life, why are we then allowing the frustration to latently exist? Are we so accustomed to our life as it is that we're scared of doing any changes? How many non-influenced choices are we making? What's the worth of those choices?

Stanley might be starting to understand all of this: "in and amongst his aimless meandering, I think he is actually beginning to discover something: he is getting closer to an answer, an explaination, an exit. He is beginning to earn his freedom", but he is a videogame character bound to narrative limits and cannot escape his own story. He is Stanley and can only be Stanley.
    But what about us?
    "Now, if I could truly put you in his shoes, to show you the paths he walked and the choices he made.. [...] soon you will be the one to walk: the controls will be in your hands. [...] Oh, I think I'm going to enjoy this. When you find out how alone you truly are.. I will be laughing more than anyone."
  78. Jan 16, 2014
    Engaging and interesting. The intelligence and interactivity with the narrator in regards to actions effecting the story telling is a lot of fun to be honest. Thorough enjoyable.
    I also love games that are a viable "I only feel like playing for 20-30 minutes before I have to do something" game, as it can be as short or as long as you want. Good game.
  79. Jan 14, 2014
    Don't expect a game, because The Stanley Parable is more like a movie, except slightly more engaging since you control the character's movement. It gives you a false sense of control and decision making as you discover a handful of possible endings, of which you could see them all in a few hours of walking around and enjoying the wonderful announcer's voice. Incredible concept. I wasDon't expect a game, because The Stanley Parable is more like a movie, except slightly more engaging since you control the character's movement. It gives you a false sense of control and decision making as you discover a handful of possible endings, of which you could see them all in a few hours of walking around and enjoying the wonderful announcer's voice. Incredible concept. I was thoroughly entertained. My only complaint was that there wasn't that much content, but if you treat it like a movie, then it was fairly priced and I got a good deal.

PS: Voice work was 10/10
  80. Jan 11, 2014
    The game is unique and awesome. I dont want to spoil, but I reccomend anyone who plays not only dumb-style CS games, but some games actually makes you think at least a little. This reminds me of Portal games (Portal is better obv.) This game is very short and it is not actually a game after all, thats why I cant rate it maximum, but believe me, you gonna enjoy it!
  81. Jan 7, 2014
    The first thing I wanted to do after playing through this thing was come on here and read the inevitable zero-rating reviews from people who need to be famous as memes. You guys are gold!
  82. Jan 7, 2014
    You are Stanley, your job is to push buttons that pop up on your screen, day in and day out. But what would you do if the screen turns blank? When there are no orders to follow?

You have to choose. And that is exactly what the game is all about. Will you follow the narrator's guidelines or will you walk your own path, doing whatever you want. There are over 15 different endings to

There are over 15 different endings to try out and will keep you occupied for a few hours but don't expect a long game. But for it's fairly cheap price it's definitely worth it.
  83. Jan 7, 2014
    Simply brilliant. I won't say anything, that would spoil it. About the price: Yes, it is overpriced as a game. But it's not actually a game, it's art. Remember that.
  84. Jan 5, 2014
    Ahahah this is something, a really insane story, i had much fun playing it and I recommend it to everyone who wanna play something different (well, you don't have to play so much in that game, but it is fantastic however)
  85. Jan 4, 2014
    Great game, I've never played something like this before, it's not a traditional "finish it and move on game". I compare it to Portal without the puzzles, just the story.
  86. Jan 3, 2014
    Incredibly diverse... that is one particularly fitting way to describe this game.
    Never before have I had the pleasure of putting so much time into a pointless game.
    Most likely because it is not a game... it's an experience.
    One that I recommend to everyone... and don't be shy to pick up a walk trough at the end to see what you have been missing!
  87. Jan 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Filter Kafka through the sensibilities of Douglas Adams and you might end up with something like The Stanley Parable. It is not so much a game as a bewildering tree of short stories to explore, all featuring the same main character and all circling the themes of free will and purpose, while lampooning videogame mechanics. Button presser Stanley finds himself in an office devoid of colleagues and sets out to explore what is going on. As he roams the halls, a sardonic narrator points out what Stanley is doing and crucially what he is about to do. (Also see: Stranger Than Fiction.) But you are free to go against his prompts and the game even expects you to do so, as otherwise it would be a really, really short experience. You can’t really do much except occasionally press some buttons and open a door. Most of the joy comes from exasperating the narrator (Kevan Brighting), who sounds a lot like he is channeling Peter Jones, the voice of The Guide from The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. It is the funniest, best-written narration since GLaDOS from Portal, voice-acted to perfection. One of the highlights of the game actually had me just hang around in a pointless broom closet while the voice scolded me.

There are various endings, but these aren’t endings at all in most cases, and you will inevitably end up circling back to the beginning. It’s never clear when you’re done, as it’s always possible you missed a branch of story somewhere, something the game itself also points out. The game is very ‘meta’ and will poke fun at what you’re doing or not doing and the expectations you may have of a game. A sinister countdown that pokes fun at your helplessness is probably the best example of this. (But are you really helpless?) And there is an ‘achievement’ that will have completists grit their teeth, which is to not play the game for five years. So I’ve got something to look forward to in 2018. There is also an achievement simply called ‘Unachievable’. But is it? Be prepared to cheat a little, by way of a walkthrough, when you feel like you have seen all there is to see. There are a few Easter eggs you are likely to miss unless you spend ages bumping around every corner of the office until desperation sets in.

The only downside to The Stanley Parable is unavoidable repetition, as you will have to run through the same spaces a lot to get to the diverging branch you want to explore. Though occasionally there will be a small change a new voicemail to listen to, a new comment by the voiceover parts get too samey. Movement is fast, thankfully, but when rushing from one place to the next, the voiceover gets cut off awkwardly at points, when you trigger a new one before the old one is done.

All in all, The Stanley Parable is a unique experience and one that should not be missed. When you look into this game, this game also looks into you. I look forward to revisiting it again, in time, when I’ve forgotten most of the narration. But not until five years have passed, of course, as I really want that achievement.

@PopCultJunk
  88. Jan 1, 2014
    To be honest I was scared the whole time I played this. I'm so accustomed to violent super serious games that every corner I feared that there was some jump scare or zombie awaiting me. But once I played it a million times over I knew I had nothing to worry about. The game is almost perfect.
  89. Dec 31, 2013
    Smart, entertaining and worth the money. Between 3-4 hours of brilliant gameplay. Wouldn't have wanted to be any longer, as it would become stale. Nailed every aspect, down to the hilarious achievements. Far better than spending the same amount to go watch a movie!
  90. Dec 30, 2013
    What an interesting "game." When reading about it online the theme was just to try it so you don't spoil it for yourself. Glad I did! Keep in mind it's not a game in the traditional sense. I imagine a lot of the negative reviews are from people who had expected some sort of puzzle game? Your mileage may vary but definitely worth trying to have an opinion.
  91. Dec 29, 2013
    The narration really seals the deal on this game. I was surprised at a lot of the endings. Caught myself smiling quite a few times at the twists and turns your character experiences. I really don't want to go into detail about it, my suggestion to you, if you're reading these reviews trying to decide if you should get it is: close this page, don't read another word more about it, buy itThe narration really seals the deal on this game. I was surprised at a lot of the endings. Caught myself smiling quite a few times at the twists and turns your character experiences. I really don't want to go into detail about it, my suggestion to you, if you're reading these reviews trying to decide if you should get it is: close this page, don't read another word more about it, buy it and load it up. It's not very long at all, but it's exceptionally well done. If you like adventure games and stuff that sits outside of the norm, then enjoy Expand
  92. Dec 29, 2013
    I have never laughed so much playing a game as I did playing The Stanley Parable. I've played for over an hour and i have yet to see every ending and easter egg. While i don't think it is quite worth the full price, any sale price would make this game well worth the price.
  93. Dec 29, 2013
    By far the most....different game I have ever played. I would try to explain the actual game to you but I think it would be a spoiler, so I will try to explain the general basis/ idea of it. Basically the game allows you to make multiple decisions that influence what happens. There isn't really much of a story, there's only one path that gives a story, the rest of it is just messing aroundBy far the most....different game I have ever played. I would try to explain the actual game to you but I think it would be a spoiler, so I will try to explain the general basis/ idea of it. Basically the game allows you to make multiple decisions that influence what happens. There isn't really much of a story, there's only one path that gives a story, the rest of it is just messing around trying out the different ways to get through the game.

The narrator offers funny, interesting and hilarious commentary, and the game is completely based around it. If you don't like listening to a lot of funny narration then this game is not for you, and you need better tastes.
  94. Dec 28, 2013
    Stanley Parable is simply a masterpiece in the sense of a great Narrative experience. It's wacky, hilarious, and just an overall good play. The only reason I gave it an 8 instead of a perfect 10 is simply for how expensive it is for its ridiculously short duration for its $20 price tag! I love the game and will definitely go back to it, but the very small amount of things in the game causeStanley Parable is simply a masterpiece in the sense of a great Narrative experience. It's wacky, hilarious, and just an overall good play. The only reason I gave it an 8 instead of a perfect 10 is simply for how expensive it is for its ridiculously short duration for its $20 price tag! I love the game and will definitely go back to it, but the very small amount of things in the game cause it to be completed in an afternoon and leaves you upset at how much you spent for a fraction of a "video version of a chapter of a book" (thankfully, Steam frequently put it on sale in how quickly it already came out, so you can nab it for cheaper). Overall, good experience, but damn is it short! Expand
  95. Dec 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game has a great originality.
    It almost seems like a cross between an adventure game and a free roaming.
    Gameplay well done, every choice will change your way, and this does not allow these to be monotonous.
    FABULOUS!

PS: If only a problem in the long run it becomes tiring, always going ahead and repeat several times the choices of the alternative endings then become hard to find.
  96. Dec 28, 2013
    This does not intend to be a game, so treating it as one would be inappropriate. Definitely not for everyone. It is pretty short but wonderful, you could burn that money in far more unenjoyable ways, which do not make you 'think'. It deserves 10 not at all for its duration, popularity or gameplay, but rather for its original plot which it achieves within its means and the amount ofThis does not intend to be a game, so treating it as one would be inappropriate. Definitely not for everyone. It is pretty short but wonderful, you could burn that money in far more unenjoyable ways, which do not make you 'think'. It deserves 10 not at all for its duration, popularity or gameplay, but rather for its original plot which it achieves within its means and the amount of laughter it caused (I cannot remember the last time I laughed so much during a game/film). Perhaps more for people who are (or think they are) intellectual/philosophical... Expand
  97. Dec 27, 2013
    Simple, Complex, Short, Long, this game is a mystery, almost open world one, you play, you decide or you don't? I don't know neither, that is why you should play it, Its almost the same as the Half-life 2 mod.
  98. Dec 27, 2013
    The Stanley Parable is a variation from what is accepted as a traditional game with different and unique aspects. What one user might assume to be right could turn out to be your demise.
  99. Dec 27, 2013
    A refreshing indie game with an ironic view on first person adventure games. At least it isn't a linear storytelling like Dear Eshter or the controversial Gone Home. It was fun, has many endings you can explore. Still, it felt a little bit overpriced when it came out.
  100. Dec 25, 2013
    This game should be considered a litmus test;
    Anyone who says they disliked the game or says "it's not actually a game" needs to officially be given a "STUPID" stamp on their forehead and be forever branded as an untrustworthy reviewer who should never again be allowed to touch a video game with a 10-foot-pole.
    It's one in a shortlist of games that could be described as "as close to a
    This game should be considered a litmus test;

It's one in a shortlist of games that could be described as "as close to a perfect game as is possible to create", a shortlist including the likes of Portal (the first Portal, that is) and Anti-chamber.

The Stanley Parable is quite a short game, but objectively one of the best video games ever made... And I literally mean *objectively*.

If you compared this to the hundreds of games I have played in my entire life, all my most beloved games on which I spent tens or hundreds of hours on each...
    Games I hold far more dearly to my heart than The Stanley Parable...
    Games which have given me far more fun than The Stanley Parable...
    I could only honestly rate those games as 9/10.

In a mere 5 hours of playtime from start to 100% completion The Stanley Parable is the one game that I could truthfully give a 10/10.

Now that may make me sound like some pretentious hipster, but I regularly indulge in and fall in love with games that are super-mainstream, as well as more-indie games that I adore despite them objectively more closely resembling a glitchy pile of faeces than a video game.

The Stanley Parable features the best narration you'll ever hear in your life and an extremely self-aware, incredible breakdown of what video games are as a whole.

The game will make you feel curious, ashamed, awe-struck, annoyed, excited, terrified, ecstatic, sad, confused and hopeful seamlessly throughout every playthrough dependent entirely upon the many choices you make.

If you have not played the game yet, then please immediately play the demo, then buy the full game and play that.

Stop reading this review and do it, right now.

Seriously. I mean it.

Stop reading.

Go play it.

Now.

1. Pelit (Finland)
    Mar 11, 2014
    The Stanley Parable is many things. It's an interactive comedy, an existential riddle and an experiment in storytelling. Most importantly, it's pretty good. [Nov 2013]
  2. Jan 23, 2014
    It's one of those games that tries and succeeds in making a bold statement. Be prepared for something really special.
  3. Games Master UK
    Dec 25, 2013
    Step away from this review and play it now. Or don't. Whatever you do is already ordained. OR IS IT?! [Jan 2014, p.83]