The Thing PC

7.6

1. R.J.M.
    Mar 25, 2004
    This game kicks Ass. the action is Sweeeeeet. it is so easy and FUN to play. I have finished it 4 or 5 times !
  2. Oct 11, 2010
    Personally I loved this game. It's a great Third-Person Shooter, though it is hindered by a few small problems. A great rise in difficulty towards the end and a lack of quick-saves and quick-loads (it's a console port, go figure) make you have to start from the start of the level (unless you found a save point, which means every time you die you have to quit to the main menu to load to thePersonally I loved this game. It's a great Third-Person Shooter, though it is hindered by a few small problems. A great rise in difficulty towards the end and a lack of quick-saves and quick-loads (it's a console port, go figure) make you have to start from the start of the level (unless you found a save point, which means every time you die you have to quit to the main menu to load to the save point). The scripted thing outbreaks and the whole "puke 'n fuses" business (as seen in SpoonyOne's review). Other than that I've played through it about 3 times now and I love it. Expand
  3. MikeK.
    Sep 18, 2002
    It's pretty good, level design are kind of short and corny...but its really cool when you have people who are with you and help out. The third person view is nice to look at but terrible to kill stuff, and the auto aim is dumb.
  4. NightWo1f
    Feb 20, 2003
    Ok, I've played through half the game so far. If you like good scares, play at night with all but a background light (so you can see controls) on and the sound up, this game will screw you up. ;) Gameplay is good, the only bad point being in third person without a crosshair to aim with. First person gives you a crosshair, but is too difficult to hold down as you try to move. The Ok, I've played through half the game so far. If you like good scares, play at night with all but a background light (so you can see controls) on and the sound up, this game will screw you up. ;) Gameplay is good, the only bad point being in third person without a crosshair to aim with. First person gives you a crosshair, but is too difficult to hold down as you try to move. The levels are fine, and quite difficult if you're playing on hard. Ammo can be scarce, which adds to the tension when you can hear something 'BIG' nearby. Graphics are fine, nothing special here. Sound is just plain dang creepy. During some cutscenes there's a glitch where characters are talking, but all you can hear is a heartbeat. Why? This game is worth $30 bucks and some late at night play. Parents, do NOT let young kids play this or be prepared to have to put up with some nightmares or tripping over them cause they're sleeping outside your door. Expand
  5. JasonM.
    Aug 20, 2003
    Game is great. The updates i had to make to me machine were not. I havent had any other problems with it other than that.
  6. Mar 6, 2012
    Despite the fact that this game has numerous plot holes in it's story, some odd game play situations and sometimes corny voice acting, it remains till this day a very atmospheric game that's very fun to play.

1. It's like the design team started designing a good game, complete with the groundwork for the fear and trust system and then decided to throw it all to the wind and turn the game into some sort of half-cocked Half-Life clone, except without the playability or shock value of that title.
  2. Excellent, moody and atmospheric, and at some points downright creepy.
  3. The game is fairly short. The overall impression was also reduced with those sound bugs and camera issues I mentioned. Still, the excellent visuals and squad-based gameplay compensate for all of that and they make The Thing a truly entertaining product.