8.6

1. Sep 2, 2014
    This game is not an ordinary game, it's a master piece, the story is the strongest point in this game, and it's well told. The voices here are very well chosen and the dialogs are very well written, the playability is very good for an point and click game.
    it's HQ atmosphere is amazing.
    i really recommend for players that loves a good story and to get involved emotionally.
  2. Aug 28, 2014
    i have never played a game before, that had an ending that made my teary eyed, at least not before The walking dead from Telltale Games. And i do not even like point and click adventures.
    (for maximum tears play all the episodes in a row, on the same day).
  3. Aug 27, 2014
    This is among the finest examples of computer game story telling there is. It draws you in, builds you up and tears you down as you follow the fascinating tale of Lee and Clementine as they fight for survival in the early days following the apocalypse. Clementine works brilliantly as a type of moral mirror for Lee and has the player constantly question the merits and implications of choices made.

The story is thrilling, the conclusion epic and the characters are well made, well expanded and also well concluded. The atmosphere of the game is truly stunning, both visually and audibly, and the interaction with the game feels natural and intuitive.

This is a must play game if you're into story telling at all.
  4. Aug 14, 2014
    Este juego es uno de mis favoritos. No he jugado un juego de decisiones exclusivamente sobre eso, pero este juego me engancho enormemente. Me he pasado el juego lámenos 15 veces para ver todas o casi todas las variaciones tanto grandes como pequeñas. Me ha viciado mucho y la historia es muy buena es literalmente como jugar una temporada interactiva de la serie. No se que piensen pero en mi opinión es un 09/10 es muy bueno, lo malo es que los episodios salían cada 2 meses y es mucho tiempo,, te olvidas de los protagonistas, personajes, etc. También que algunas cosas son definitivas no se pueden cambiar por nada. Sin embargo espero que esto cambie en las secuelas, aparte de que probablemente las decisiones de este tendrán consecuencias en el próximo por lo que hará que quieras re-jugar este para ver que podría pasar en el siguiente. Cosa que are. Expand
  5. Jul 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think this game is excellent because while it occasionally lacks in game play the story completely immerses you inside it. While some complain that the choices you make don't matter ,they are wrong the choices form you as a person and your relationships with other people. You play as a convict who murders his wife called Lee Everett on his way to prison during the zombie apocalypse and then there is the little girl you meet called Clementine. When you meet Clementine she is an innocent 8 year old surviving in a tree house after her babysitter "turned". Throughout your journey you choices also affect her personality and relationships towards others as well as your own personality. The back stories and events are completely believable for the situation and when they die they make you genuinely feel something. I recommend this to anyone who likes a good story. Go on try it for yourself make your choice. Expand
  6. Jul 17, 2014
    I loved this series! It was amazing! The story was great! The game play was really slow, like walking to this thing then the next but still loved this game. The graphics could have been done A LOT better, and the swearing could just be left out. I mean swearing? If there was a 0/100 score I would just give it a 90 because the swearing and violence is unbelievable. But people have got to understand that you DO NOT play this for the game play. You play this for the story. Just some people don't get it. And I also loved how you spread the game out, makes it so you can't beat the game in one day, or a week. Expand
  7. Jun 29, 2014
    The Walking Dead from Telltale Games is a phenomenal example of the uniqueness of video games. No other form of media can do what this game does. It is a player driven story, often drawing real emotion from the player and the choices they make. I can count on one hand the number of times I was seriously emotionally stirred by a game. This game puts all the others to shame. The writing is that good.

Of the few negatives I found in this game, the main one was how little some things matter in the end. I would have liked many things to end up differently in this game, but more often than not I found out it was impossible to change the outcomes to my liking.

I also don't appreciate the "episode" style of the game. I would much prefer just one continuous adventure. Wasting time in between episodes and spoiling plot points is very lame. This isn't a TV show, it's a video game.

Regardless, this is an experience any story-loving gamer should check out.
  8. Jun 24, 2014
    Great story, realistic characters and excellent voice acting make this one of the best games I ever played. It might be more accurate to call this an interactive story than an adventure game though. So if you're looking for tough puzzles or gameplay, this is not the game for you. The game is easy enough that anybody can finish it without giving it much thought but despite that, it is pretty immersive and emotional. You WILL get attached to certain characters and panic when they are in danger. When something bad happens to someone you like, you will keep wondering whether you could have done anything differently to save them. This is a must-buy if you enjoy good storytelling and I hope developers make more games like this. Expand
  9. Jun 18, 2014
    The best game I have ever played. I feel so strongly about it, that I cannot say anything about the game, from the amazingly developed characters, to the mind blowing plot, in fear I won't do it justice. Its that good.
  10. Jun 15, 2014
    Impressive zombie-survivor story, adapting to your own choices and acting, sound and interesting graphics made from this game one of my favourite adventure game so far.
  11. Jun 14, 2014
    The Walking Dead is simply a jewel in videogames. The game focuses entirely on the story, so much that the gameplay is reduced to walking around and clicking things. But the gameplay is still satisfying. Whenever you click on an object, the main character will usually say a commentary, or if you click on a person, you can know more about them, like their jobs and families.
    In TWD, we get
    to know more characters and visit some locations and meet characters from the show/comics/books. And you actually care about them. You get to know 'em. You get to become their friend. You get to care about 'em. And that's what makes TWD so great. In shows a greater and better side of people, even thought they live in a world of misery and violence.
    I'm a guy that never cries. NEVER. And it's ironic that a videogame broke that barrier. I'd give more than 10 if I could, but I guess it'll have to do.
  12. Jun 1, 2014
    With the power of an emotionally gripping storyline along with perfected voice acting and character creation, The Walking Dead game delivers exactly what it promises. The game is filled with plenty of choices, heart-wrenching moments, and thrilling events that will make you want to continue playing. Equipped with a showcase of cinematic happenings, The Walking Dead puts the power of ultimate sacrifice and decisiveness in your hands. A world that has been overrun with undead savages leaves you with nothing else to do but fight for those you love... and yourself. Expand
  13. May 17, 2014
    Gameplay: 8.5/10
    Graphic: 9/10
    Story: 10/10

This is one of the best games I have ever played. Yes, it don't have a multiplayer, and open world, but story of the game is FANTASTIC. It's the best story I have ever seen in any games, movies or books. Best thing in this game is that you can be who you want. You have soo much choises. 90% of the time you can choose
    what your character(Lee) says, and sometimes you have to made very hard decisions.
    People threat you like you threat them in this game.
    This game was best. Everyone have to play this game.
  14. May 4, 2014
    OK I might be giving it a perfect score while it is not a perfect game. The reason behind this is the amazing experience that the story gave me. A mixture of brilliant writing,tremendous voice acting and an excellent narrative make this adventure game a genre defining experience. All 5 episodes are brilliantly paced and on no occasion felt stretched. Only weakness of the game are the occasional glitches that affect its performance in an otherwise masterpiece. Expand
  15. Apr 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. una obra maestra, juego no, juegazo !!! y el final , no quiero spoiler nada pero los va a hacer llorar sepanlo T_T , cada capitulo t engancha mas q un capitulo de la serie de televicion !!! una vez q empezas a jugar no podes parar hasta terminarlo !!! Expand
  16. Apr 20, 2014
    I never thought i was gonna play a game of this genre but i love it!! Its just like watching a tv-show were you have your favourite characters and also the ones that you just hate.. and the time when the episode is over and you have to wait for the next one.. you hate it but at the same time you also love it :D!!

Telltale have definitely suprised me with this game and its a 100% sure
    that im gonna keep an eye on there future games after this!! Expand
  17. Apr 2, 2014
    The Walking Dead season 1 isn't really a game so much as it is an interactive comic book. So judging it from a gameplay perspective it's going to fall short. Gameplay consists of moving around and pushing a couple buttons to perform actions. No skill, timing, strategy, nothing.

That said though, wow, this interactive story is beyond amazing. It's the most engaging video game I've ever
    experienced, and I say experienced because you don't play this game, you experience it. That's why the gameplay is the way it is I believe. The plot is good, the characters deep and flawed in marvelous ways. I literally couldn't put this down, played for 3 days straight til I finished. Takes about 12 hours. By the end you have a real emotional connection to the characters. It's much better than a book or movie could ever be. Expand
  18. Mar 19, 2014
    I love it. It's not like a game at all. It's like I'm watching a movie and reading its story in the same time carefully or even more than that, like you live the story. It's very interesting and very beneficial.
  19. Mar 11, 2014
    The Walking Dead The Game é um jogo no estilo Point and Click, desenvolvido e produzido pela Telltale Games, lançado em 5 episódios ao longo de 2012.

The Walking Dead foi lançado originalmente nas histórias em quadrinhos pela editora Image Comics em 2003, ganhando incontáveis prêmios nos anos seguintes, em 2010 a série foi levada para a TV e o sucesso foi tão grande que um game não
    tardaria a surgir.

E foi a Telltale quem assumiu a empreitada de levar a saga de zumbis aos games, surpreendendo a todos por se tratar de um Adventure, gênero pouco popular entre o grande público, e principalmente por não focar a sua história nos personagens do material original.

O grande diferencial de The Walking Dead é focar em seus personagens, em como eles reagem ao mundo tomado pelo apocalipse zumbi, surpreendendo a cada novo capítulo com situações dramáticas e emocionantes. O game da Telltale consegue, de forma primorosa, proporcionar a mesma experiência das HQs e de forma bem mais impactante que a série de TV, por permitir que o jogador se torne parte integrante da história.

Na trama assumimos o personagem Lee Evertt, um professor universitário, que acaba de ser condenado e está sendo levado para a prisão, na caminho se envolve em um acidente de transito, ao acordar se vê rodeado de zumbis, sem entender o que está ocorrendo ele busca abrigo em uma casa e conhece a pequena Clementine, garota de 9 anos que se separou dos seus pais. Lee acaba assumindo a responsabilidade de manter Clementine em segurança enquanto busca encontrar os pais da menina.

A jogabilidade é no estilo point and click que consiste em apontar para os objetos no cenário e clicar para executar ações de interação, em um primeiro momento isso é algo monótono e exige certa paciência, já que a movimentação é bem lento, mas após um tempo você se acostuma com tal sistema. Os gráficos são simples, cartunescos, que lembra em muito a arte dos quadrinhos, dando um identidade única ao game.

O grande atrativo do game sem dúvida é sua história e a forma como ela é narrada. O game permite que interagir com os personagens coadjuvantes através de diálogos onde Lee pode ser sincero ou não, ou mesmo salvar ou não determinado personagem, tais escolhas tem impacto tanto no relacionamento entre o grupo, como na própria desenrolar da trama. Tal forma de narrar a história torna a mesma extremamente envolvente e marcante onde cada decisão, e suas consequências, tenham peso, fazendo que o jogador se sinta parte integrante da trama.

Lee assim como Rick Grimes, protagonista da série original, é o clássico herói, mesmo tendo cometido erros ele busca fazer o que é certo, buscando sempre o bem estar do grupo de sobreviventes. O personagem e tão carismático que o jogador sente o peso de cada decisão tomada pelo protagonista e tal imersão apenas aumenta à medida que Lee se apega a pequena Clementine. E acredite o game é incrivelmente dramático e envolvente, dificilmente você não irá se emocionar ou ao menos se chocar com as situações apresentadas no game, principalmente no final que com toda a certeza é um dos mais marcantes da história dos vídeo games.

The Walking Dead é um excelente game, com personagens marcantes e uma trama emocionante, de tal forma que qualquer defeito ou limitação sejam deixados de lado mediante a tal experiência, um game que ficará eternamente marcado na memória de qualquer gamer que goste de boas histórias.
  20. Mar 8, 2014
    This game is awesome, nothing less.

I got 18hs straight playing it, just cannot stop until finish, through a really good and very tense narrative and different action/gameplay style who puts you in the middle of difficult decisions, which have direct impact on what's going on next.

You have not always the time to think about, just react, but if your reactions are bad you can have
    troubles now or after, consequences brought by your decisions. And just like on real life, some of them you will have to carry with you until the end of story.

Although you have to follow a lot of dialogues, more than real action, you cannot simply sit down and think, most of times. You have to be ready to act or make decisions, so you just stare at the screen, and not rarely you can feel you're really there, a deep immersion factor.

Soundtrack is decent, matching the tension. Graphics are wonderful, and history too.
    I can see just two problems about that game:

You can lost a split second, confusing by the controls, and sometimes it's lethal. The good news is that although the game have not a better save system than autosave, if you die on the middle of an action scene the autosave brings you exactly at the point you died.

Also, the game have a lot of replay value, if you think you can have different decisions to make and different things to handle according on how you act before. But the game needs a way to skip some cut scenes or even dialogues faster, for those who previously finished.

One of the best and imaginative games i've ever played.
  21. Feb 2, 2014
    I personally loved this game. I found it much more entertaining than the TV show and liked how much impact your decisions could have. Thrilling game with very well-done emotional side. Would definitely recommend.
  22. Jwv
    Jan 31, 2014
    The Walking Dead: Season One was great and I think I never played a game where I felt so deeply connected with the main characters. The Walking Dead shines because of it's great character building and narrative. As so, Season One is certainly one of the best singleplayer experienced I ever had on PC.

The soundtrack is minimal and unobtrusive and most times, but also does a good job of
    translating adrenaline and tension. The voice-acting is also great, with special props to Melissa Hutchison for her exquisite Clementine voice. Probably the best thing about the whole series is the character building. They feel alive and unique and when you get to know them, you can actually predict their actions and feelings, which shows the character building department worked with great consistency and finesse.

After playing Season Two: Episode One, I replayed one Season One episode to do something of a comparison.

What I especially missed in Season Two was the extra importance some decisions got because I was Lee, leader and 'glue' of a little group of survivors. Season One featured a whole lot of 'group reading', weighing decisions against one another and mediating. Each decision was not about deciding what's best for yourself, but what's best for a whole group of people. The feel that decisions could actually affect the composition of the group (but only really acted out in the last episode) was great. That's maybe the thing I miss the most after playing Season Two: Episode One.

The camera work in Season One is more dynamic with some cool points of view from time to time and the free-roam scenes are also a better experiance because of better camera work. The controller support was good (it supports the whole game), but I had some problems after ALT+TAB'ing and sometimes the movement controls would not really adjust to a new camera point of view.

The Walking Dead: 400 Days was good, but I ask myself why - apart from an obvious economic motive - Telltale Games released this DLC, and it also doesn't seem to be material cut out of the original Season One. If I would rate the chapters, this is my opinion, beginning from the best: Vince, Wyatt, Russel, Bonnie and Shel. If I think about my choices here I can say that they are motivated by the depth of which I felt involved, both in my identification with the characters and impact on the chapter. Bonnie's and Shel's chapter illustrate my point. I rated this chapter relatively low because I didn't really feel connected with the characters because of the lack of character building (compare with Vince's episode). It's cool that Telltale delivers new content, but they try to compensate for the shortness of the chapters by incorporating at least one hard choice in them. At least, that's what they aimed to do. In Bonnie's and Shel's case, there sure were decision that would have had real emotional repercussions (for the player), but the potential strength of these decisions is minimized by the lack of character building and identification (especially in Shel's chapter). So Telltale has to choose between character building (which requires serene scenes) and some action too (to keep some players from getting bored), but I think they should have focused on character building (like with Vince) because the climax of the chapter (the most important part as you wish, and the part by which most of the players will rate the chapter in my opinion) depends upon character building and identification. I don't say the chapters are no good, because Telltale really deserved props for sucking the player in on such short notice, but some change of focus in certain chapter would have made it an overall better product, more worthy of the expensive price tag (now 5 EUR; January 2014). All in all, it would have been better if Telltale deleted 2 chapters and dug more into the other.

Another thing now, what's great about these five different points of view is the diversity of situations and character types, something you didn't have in Season One. After finishing, what I also would like is some more insight in how the characters in the end decided to accept or decline a certain proposition, to better see where and how I impacted this. A positive note to end with: it's sweet to see controller support, and it really fits the game better than a mouse.
  23. Jan 21, 2014
    What can I say? It made me cry at the end of season one. I never felt such intimate, emotional moments in a PC game before. Even though I understood the rails, this whole concept was based on, I loved it from the very first, to the last second and I can't wait to continue with Season Two, Episode Two.

Story and the characters are the key element here, not the gameplay itself - which
    makes it an experience compared with other survival games or adventures. Expand
  24. Jan 17, 2014
    the walking dead game is an amazing game. it is extremely sad and emotional. the characters and the relationships between them are amazing, and you actions change the relationships. the games "choose you own path" system is great. every choice you make has consequences, and theyre not always good. the graphic style is also good. characters show real emotion, and the style fits the game. the game is really immersive, and the music is atmospheric. the game has some puzzles, which are sometimes good bt other times are a bit boring and require you to see something rather than actually think.
    still, this is an amazing game. it doesnt show zombies as something to butcher, like most games (left4dead). if you want a sad, amazing and serious mature game the buy this!!!!!!!!!
  25. Jan 14, 2014
    Great storytelling and characters. Nothing special gameplay wise, but it's a great experience. The graphic style works well and all in all I had an awesome time with this game.
  26. Jan 13, 2014
    Captures the essence of The Walking Dead Comic Book perfectly!

This game is truly a masterpiece. The Walking Dead has fantastic gameplay that relies on the player choices moreso than anything else and the game benefits from this as there are many heart-pounding sections that require quick thinking or else the Zombies kill one of your extremeley likeable comrades!

These characters are
    even better written than they are in the TV Show and engage the player into their unique back stories that are inextricably linked to the present events. Everything feels right; not a single objective in the game seems pointless. Character development here is one of the best in this medium as each character goes through their own grim, adult and realistic arcs that are very intriguing - It sucks you in right from the get-go.

The graphics are perfect! Brings the comic books to life better than anything else (I really wish the TV Series followed up on this style as it actually resembles the source material.)

Overall, a true modern masterpiece and a perfect representation of The Walking Dead by Telltale Games. The Zombie genre has never been better!
  27. Jan 11, 2014
    ....................................................................................................................................................../
  28. Jan 8, 2014
    It was really funny. No more to say. Each tense situation and the nature of their thoughts and also another route to the 2012 Game of the Year receiving game. I remain lingering gamer living in Korea.
  29. Dec 30, 2013
    I am now 42 years old. Playing games since I've been 16. But, never, never had such feelings during a game..... Surprises everywhere. And you keep on seeing pictures for days...
  30. Dec 29, 2013
    After a slow introduction and welcoming of characters ,Telltale games have created a Smash hit that will have you crying, cruising and slaughtering what everyone seems to love zombies! The walking dead had one of the most heart ranching story's and will go down in history as being one of the most immersive adventures to date. Lee the main protagonist must protect Clem the young girl who you grow to care for a surprisingly love. The walking dead is one of the best games around, apart from the casual freezes it will be money spent well. Expand
  31. Dec 27, 2013
    Ah.. my little new love..Clementine. One of the most precious little girls in comic, movie or video game history. She really makes this, harsh, anger-inducing but GREAT video game memorable.

The main character, Lee Everett is a good guy that got messed over and I really found playing out his relationship with his ward, student and loving, doting adopted daughter Clementine the most
    beautiful part of this game.

Its to a gift to raise and protect a little girl like this in this game and makes it for me a 9/10
  32. Dec 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am writing this just after completing S2 E1:All that Remains

I played Season One All 5 Episodes as Lee helping Clem 400 Days DLC(Optional)
    and Now Season 2 Episode 1 as Clementine.this game .just got whole lot better

Climax of Season 1 Episode 5 makes everyone cry..Its emotional and pinnacle of the game

I love the choice driven theme which makes us want to come back for more
    and the Episodic Play of TellTale games which keeps us waiting and wanting

Its no wonder why It won 80+ Game of the Year Awards
    This game is for everyone..even if you are not a gamer donot like games
    I have been playing games since I am a kid and I tell you this is different

*MOre Spoilers*
    Everyone loves the main characters Clem & Lee
    After Lee dies, CLem is on her own

Each Episode average 2 hour gameplay and its cross platform(iOS too)
    You can use save files across and play anywhere
    All Episodes & Seasons Linked

Just play this game and you would not regret
  33. Dec 27, 2013
    This is one of the greatest feats in storytelling in the video game medium. You emotionally connect with main characters Lee and Clementine and your choices always feel like they matter. Point and click games may turn people off but I implore anyone who enjoys a good story to give The Walking Dead a chance. Its probably the only game that has ever got me close to crying at the end.
  34. Dec 8, 2013
    Wow, what a ride this was. TellTale has done a great job. The writers created a story which was not only captivating but an amazing emotional experience. The Walking Dead is a comic-book drawn style adventure game in which the choices you make tailor the story you play going forward and continuously shape the people around you and your game play experience. Every action has consequences and you never can please everyone.

-- Gameplay
    -----------------
    The game mechanics are nice and simple. The story progresses through point-click action and mainly through dialog with the people you encounter.

During the dialogs you will be presented with several choices of answers.
    Each answer may or may not have consequences and alters how other people see you, trust you or even start disliking you.

Every now and then you will end up in a heavy story-changing scenario in which the story going forward is altered quite strongly.
    You might need to make a choice to save one or another person, run or fight or other difficult choice.
    Those choices alter the story quite drastic in places to the extend whereby you might end up continuing your story with different people then if you had made different choices or people start treating you completely different from that moment on.

-- The Story
    -----------------

The game places you in control of Lee a man on his way to prison as the story begins and has no idea yet what is happening.
    As you are trying to deal with the world as it now is you stumble across an 8 year old girl named Clementine who you will decide to help out and team up with.

For the duration of the story your relationship with Clementine and others you meet evolves and are shaped continuously based on the choices you make and how you treat each person.

I don't want to give to much of the main background story away so I'm not going into to much details.
    Let's just say, for the rest of the game you and Clementine will come across other people and groups, some highly irritating and disturbed while others are more neutral and well meaning, though you will find it hard to quickly know who to trust and who you can't.

Quite often you will find yourself in situations you wish you could make different choices then the ones presented or make choices you know might not be right but need to be made.

-----------------
    -- Summary
    -----------------

Personally I can only say that TellTale and the Writes have delivered something very simplistic but yet so wonderful you are feeling you are writing your own story which will grab you, slowly pulling you deeper and deeper into this emotional roller coaster ride and will not let you go.

By the end of Episode 5 you will just find yourself staring blankly at the credits slowly processing this whole experience.
    Well, that what it was like for me and I'm already looking very much forward to December 17th to continue on.

I cannot recommend this game highly enough and hope you will enjoy it as much as I have.
  35. Dec 5, 2013
    First of all, I'm not usually a fan of zombie games, I usually find them boring and samey. I bought this game while it was on sale, and it quickly shot to my favorite game of the year.

The story is gripping, emotional and exciting, and the characters are great, you have to read the personalities of the other characters, and make quick judgments as to who's opinion you are going to back
    etc.

You make alliances and enemies with some of your group, and all of your decisions affect the ending. All I can say is I cannot wait for Episode 2!
  36. Dec 4, 2013
    Es una dura historia en un mundo apocaliptico. Con personajes increibles donde no sabes quien vivira y quien morira. En todo momento estaba en tension, incluso en los momentos que parecian tranquilos. E incluso estaba preocupado por si mis decisiones afectarian al final de esta gran histoia. En definitiva, un juego que no podre olvidar en mucho tiempo y que en un futuro me encantaria volver a jugarlo. Recomendado a todos aquellos que quieren disfrutar de una gran historia. Expand
  37. Nov 25, 2013
    Like others have said, this is more of a story adventure than your typical zombie shooter. Sure it has some moments where you will need to aim a weapon accurately, or maybe mash a button for a while but most of the game is understanding what is happening around you and making dialogue choices. And that's where the game excels your decisions actually have consequences. Characters will remember your choices and bring up those decisions in their conversations. There is no game that does storytelling quite like, or in my opinion, as well as The Walking Dead. If you are looking for purely a zombie shooter, try a different game. If you want a great interactive story look no further than The Walking Dead. Expand
  38. Nov 20, 2013
    Telltale has always been very hit and miss; however ‘The Walking Dead’ has definitely been the companies best release yet! The biggest positive of this title is the decision making element involved and how it has an effect on how you play! Ultimately, the outcomes will be very similar, but giving you the option to choose what happens at certain points, and deciding the best way to act in a situation, really makes the game much more interactive. This is what you should expect from a story telling game; however TellTale has now set a new standard and will need to go the extra mile to ensure they keep this quality. Overall, a very engaging game! Expand
  39. Nov 16, 2013
    The five episodes of The Walking Dead: Season One drag us into the worst scenario, an emotionally intense zombie apocalypse where every choice of the player is important. Visually it's like a comic, with a "gameplay mix" of the old Dragon's Lair and the classic Adventure games. A wonderful journey in a terribly corrupted world. VIRTUALINN.IT
  40. Nov 15, 2013
    This is an awesome game! If you play it, you really feel what the characters feel. You get a very intensive game experience even when you don't play adventures games every day.

Play it, you'll never forget it.

The only reason for not giving full score are some lags sometimes on my PC. There is no reason for these lags because the graphics requirements are normally not so high.
  41. Nov 7, 2013
    An unique experience where the players choices are meaningful combine with its exceptional narrative makings this one of the best point clickers adventures around after completing the game I can truly see why many gaming sites gave The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series their Game Of The Year 2012 the only grip I have is that the steam version can be bugged with it save files but theirs a fix available. Expand
  42. Nov 7, 2013
    This game was a almost one of the greatest games I have ever played. The game didn't ask much from my PC.

I thought the point and click form of gameplay would ruin the experience, but Telltale Games anaged to make it happen in a way that really works. The story was excellent, even if you didn't consider the ending. I must played this at least three times and still cry every time I
    finish the game. The voice acting was well-chosen and professionaly executed. The way the world was designed is spot on. The whole abondoned city and living in a motel thing is something that seems very realistic. The characters were all loveable or hateable in their own special way. This game is not repetitive, you never know what to excpect.

The comic book art style they chose was beautiful, despite the lack of realisme. Sometimes, you just need to stear away from the whole «Relistic graphics» circlejerk and just play a beautifly drawn game. My only issue with this game is how some of the sounds(guns and metal clinging) was not realistic. The game was also relatively buggy. If those bugs were non-existant, I would give this game a 10. But no one is perfect

Overall, this game was very fun to play and a fantastic piece of art. iw ould recommend you play this, considering season 2 is right around the corner!
  43. Oct 30, 2013
    I only have two games which i would call perfect. Portal and The Walking Dead. This story is so perfect i wanted to believe they were real. The art style is so nicely detailed and brilliant. When the I got to the end i cried that is how much this game makes you care. Play this game and if you do not love it, I do not know what to say.
  44. Oct 27, 2013
    Story telling at its best. Gripped from start to end, along the way developing ever changing feeling towards the diverse characters that you meet in this Zombie Apocalypse. The game is split into 5 nicely paced out episodes, each adding their own different set of characters and twists and turns for the main protagonist and his companions the face. My favorite being episode 2. I am unable to remember feeling such tension in a any form of entertainment, let alone a game, than I did in episode 2. I personally enjoyed exploring the area of each scene and talking to all of the characters to hear of the stories they had to tell. Thoroughly deserved game of the year... pure brilliance from Telltale! Expand
  45. Oct 24, 2013
    I like how they put in scenes from previous episodes of what already happened(good reference of as to what happen, good to keep the story going a certain direction) camera views a little suck but the graphics look good for such a game like this. Many different routes to take, give the story a little twist and mix it up a bit. Don't much care for the replys being timed but atleast there is more than just 1 (its usually 4) reply you can give each time you are needed to speak. Bottom line: i'm not having much difficulty so its fairly easy and fairly hard most times throughout game. There is more than just 1 second to reply to someone (timed conversation)

It's got a good scavenging, but could be improved to have the player go more deeper to find stuff like food, weapons, etc. I like how its separated up into "episodes" like some tv show, it breaks everything up like in half life 2 (epi.1, epi.2)
  46. Oct 8, 2013
    The Walking Dead does what other adventure games should, creating a story with characters the player can relate with and difficult choices with a large impact on the story.

Unlike many other "interactive story" games, choice matters and the game feels like what it's trying to be, an adventure game with a story as opposed to a blockbuster movie and proves that you don't need to be hyper
    realistic to convey emotion. Expand
  47. Sep 28, 2013
    I'm giving the PC version the same score but I will say this game is best played with the keyboard and mouse on a PC you also have less bugs and other technical issues on the PC than the consoles or Vita.
  48. Sep 24, 2013
    An all-around great experience. Never has a game make me truly like or dislike characters the way The Walked Dead did. Although it's named after a popular comic/TV series, the characters and the relationships they form are the core of the game, not the universe in which it is set. I believe the game could have had a completely different setting, replacing zombines with some other generic Bad Thing, and it would have been just as great. In other words this game is awesome even if you aren't a fan of the comics/tv show. Or even a fan of zombie games. Expand
  49. Sep 14, 2013
    Probably THE most powerful game I've ever played in my life. Easily one of the best stories and an experience that truly puts every bit of weight of your choices on your shoulders. This is the first game where I've TRULY been able to insert myself into the main character because I chose who survives, who dies, and all of MY choices reap MY benefits or consequences. Sure...there's no high adrenaline, FPS action that have all the down-voters seek, but this game hits a completely different bulls-eye that creates an awesome experience. Highly recommended! TellTale Games did a great job with this one. Expand
  50. Sep 10, 2013
    I mostly just play FPS and FP/RPGs these days. I played the demo of TWD on the Xbox thought oh deary me a point and click adventure with QTE sequences under the guise of a Zombie Comic Book Theme so gave it a long pass. On sale on Steam gave it another chance. Now its complete U-turn, the game is grimmer than the TV series and overall is a gripping emotional shocker. Broken Sword is a Point and Click game, Dragons Lair QTE game a hater of those two genres, the TWD has melded the two genres together so well it makes a lover of this hybrid game, pure gaming genius. Expand
  51. Sep 10, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is an absolute master piece, it's got the same art style as the comic books and in my opinion the best game of 2012. It's one of the only games that's ever made me cry because the ending is just so sad! Well done Telltale Games Expand
  52. Aug 30, 2013
    What can I say that hasn't already been said? I got hooked with this game seeing it on youtube and had to buy it as soon as it was complete on disc. Just loved it. The first and only time that I completely felt for the characters... I wanted them to get along well, to success (and even committted a few crimes just to keep things friendly between some characters). But It´s not for everybody because if you are looking for a shooter or a scary game, this is not the place. It´s almost like a movie where you have to decide what to do or say, and that actions will have consequences in the future. It´s really a unique game. Cannot wait for the second season! Please Telltale, hurry up! Expand
  53. Aug 2, 2013
    Do yourself a favor, this game is one of the best things I've ever played. Mainly focused on the extremely real characters and epic plotline, this has got to be on my top five games of all time. Please, just buy it, unless you have no food and water available, this game should be your first order of business.
  54. Aug 1, 2013
    This game might not seem enjoyable at a glance, But if you pick it up you will be amazed. Every choice you make will have far reaching consequences. From taking supplies to trying to save a life. Each choice you make will change the story completely. The game does get emotional at times. The end will make you cry just as I have, But Telltale Games immerses you in a great world that has many more stories to tell. And Lee's story will never be exactly the same for another player. Expand
  55. Jul 26, 2013
    A brilliant game, thrilling captivating story, emotionally engaging characters. The game plays like an interactive movie, the gameplay is not very ambitious, the replay value may be next to nonexistant but the writing makes the experience truly worthwhile.
  56. Jul 22, 2013
    Without a doubt the best game I've played in recent memory. Won't spoil anything, but rarely have I felt so emotionally connected to fictional characters, and certain moments made me cry my eyes out. Had to make a metacritic account just to review this game, absolutely fantastic.
  57. Jul 20, 2013
    Really Cool. Different than a lot of games out there. You solve a few puzzles and make some fun decisions. A lot of decisions you make you only have 6 seconds to decide so it makes you feel like you are in the game a bit more. I like that. My favourite part about this game is how gory some of the scenes are. It's a good horror game.
  58. Jul 20, 2013
    I knock games a lot, A LOT for having poor narratives and stories fit for an 8th grader, but this game is not one of them. I've been a zombie fan for a long time. I think the last great zombie game I played that tried to have a compelling story was probably Resident Evil 2, and that was a long time ago now. Walking Dead commits in one direction in the same way that Call of Duty does: except instead of the direction of blowing things up you are being told a story. This story though, in many ways, is your own to tell. It's a "choose your own adventure" game to a degree, and that adds a lot to it. It's necessary even. Who will you save? Who will you feed in your group? Who gets left behind? Who is or isn't pulling their weight? Just a few decisions you'll have to make while playing. There were only maybe one or two times that I felt the pacing was slow, and towards the end of the story, things get really gripping and grim. I felt like I was back playing Resident Evil 2 again, but remember, we're talking about the same suspense and dread featured in an action horror game, except I'm experiencing it in a story game. It's just masterfully produced and executed. I found it a pleasure to look at on my monitor as well. It looks markedly better on PC than it does on the Xbox. I really can't say enough. It's sort of the "game I've been waiting for." I facepalm constantly at the horrible story direction that most games have, this was like being thrown a much wanted bone. Only problem: it will leave you hungry for more. Expand
  59. Jul 19, 2013
    god, forget about all games this is it. I mean it. This is the real game. I feel like other games are just waste of time. May the graphics aren't good enough but it feels like you're in the comic book. Feels like you are living in it. Just Awesome!
  60. Jul 17, 2013
    There is only one Series that's having a better Story: Bioshock. And then comes The Walking Dead by Telltale Games. Im absolutely in love with this game. The story is sad, amazing, awesome, funny, etc... at the same time!
    The characters are absolute convincing and Clem is the best kid i've ever seen in a movie/game. Shes so cute and after several time you feel like her dad (i know its
    kinda weird...)
    Also the soundtrack is AWESOME, it brings in the perfect atmosphere.
    This game made me close crying sometimes
    10 out of 10 an absolutely amazing game, who dont plays it misses something big!
  61. Jul 16, 2013
    this is simply one of the greatest games I have ever played. Telltale proves why it is the king of adventure games pros: Clem and Lee -Clem in general -some of the most memorable characters ever -you will cry at parts -very strong emotional impact (i could not play for a week over the guilt of the death of a character) -the ending is amazing -interesting and realistic puzzles and choices
    - a choice in episode 2 will matter for the rest of the game
    - true to the show and comic it is based on
    -figuring out which characters will be friends and which will be enemies (friend for me=Kenny enemy for me=Lily and Larry)
    cons
    -the ending while beautiful made me question "what was the point of this story"
    -puzzles
    -some choices don't really affect anything
    this game rises above its flaws and deserves twice as much of the praise it has gotten which is quite alot
  62. Jul 14, 2013
    So first off, this Is not the amc version, It's based off the comic book.
    This Is a game where how you play, act and talk affects the other characters.
    As well as some hard decisions along the way, and the conversations aren't just something to watch.
    At some points in a conversation, you will be given 4 response choices (one almost always silence) and a amount of time to choose.
    And
    the voice acting is great! Barely anyone isn't a fleshed-out character.
    Though as with all telltale games, the animations (facial, walking, body language, etc.) are a tad bit mediocore.
    The game's art design is based off the comic and yet these characters still seem to hit home when it come to drama.
    I'm not going to talk about the story as you want to find it out yourself, but you probably want to know the start so here goes nothing....

You are Lee Everett, you were A teacher at a university in Atlanta and a senator slept with your wife causing you to kill him out of anger. So you're on your way to prison, and the driver asks you a few things about the case. You answer him as best as you can, but as you talk. You start to see more and more law enforcement vehicles shoot past, heading for the Atlanta and the police radio is buzzing about a few things to worry about, but the driver turns it off.
    Then after a while, someone gets in the highway and the officer driving you is looking the other way and hits him! Sending the car off the road with both of you inside!

Thats all i can say from here on out, the rest is for you to find out. The last thing i'm going to say about the game is it's puzzles. They're not just some blocks in the way of the story, they do require a quite a tad-bit of thinking. They're not half-bad and actually challenging if you haven't watched someone play through the game, but that doesn't mean you yourself can't figure them out.

Overall, this game gets a 9 out of ten from me.

This game is my personal favorite but i'm not letting that get in my way of giving fair scores, the 10 isn't there because of the animations and very slow pacing (though the slow pacing makes it feel more like a book that you're reading than a game, and i'm actually a guy who loves books)

It may have gotten game of the year, but that doesn't mean everyone likes it. But I do strongly reccomend this game, for the best experince. I suggest making choices based on what you would do, don't ask anyone else or read a guide. Play it as if Lee Everett were you.
  63. Jul 13, 2013
    Don’t mince words: The Walking Dead: The Game is something special. By giving players the option to craft relationships and make choices that fill out the story, The Walking Dead wraps you up in its events and makes you care in a way few video games can. Yes, there are moments where Lee’s animations look jerky and technical issues remind you this is just a game, but the story is what’s driving the action here, and it’s a tale no one should miss. Expand
  64. Jul 13, 2013
    This is probably one of the best Story/Dialogue based games out there. It was so emotional and breathtaking to play. It was basically a well-written book/film that YOU were apart of. It truly deserves all the hype and I cannot believe that it isn't a 50 dollar game where it should be.
  65. Jul 11, 2013
    The border between film and video game becomes blurry, and the result is a unique interactive experience. This is a game about the choices that define who you are, and how the story adapts to those choices.
  66. Jul 9, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After playing only 39 hours of the walking dead, I have to admit that chopping of my arm didn't stop me from becoming a member of the undead. However what would you expect from being bitten. Lets start with the negative and end strongly on the positive.

Negatives:
    While you have lots of choices to make, no matter how you try and play the game punishes you by taking Clementine. A plot twist at that point could have Clementine running away to the hotel to find her parents because you said no and its something she really wants.

The controls do feel a little clunky and barely adapted for the PC. Take walking for example, its like there are imaginary boxes we cant walk into. Sticking to one view point also suck, why not allow some edge screen panning so we can look around more.

The game is limited to a small segment of story. This lets it down a little, not enough to annoy everyone but enough to be noticeable.

Positives:
    I'm not sure the walking dead should be called a game, It should be categorized as an interactive movie. This being said highlights how Telltale has crafted "game" that makes you develop emotions for characters. This is a quality best used for movies, a good game can have you randomly blowing up and killing thousands of people/humanoids. To be able to watch a movie and have an influence on it's characters is a great feeling for the users.

The game is by no means "Hard" but if it was you would stop paying interest to whats going on in the story.

On the whole I loved the walking dead but mostly for its story. I would recommended it to people even if they play it just once. If you buy the walking dead and don't finish it you are wasting your money. 9/10 for story 5/10 for user friendly
  67. Jul 7, 2013
    Easily one of the most beautiful, spellbinding stories ever crafted in gaming. The voice acting, writing and suspense are some of the best in gaming, but you've heard all this before. The main complaint with the Walking Dead is that is simply is more of an interactive movie than a game per se, however I would disagree. People mistakenly believe that the only 'gameplay' in this game involves picking conversation options and point and click scenes, however it is my opinion that the relationships you form and how much you care for the characters is also part of the gameplay. If I was watching a movie, I wouldn't care half as much for Clementine as I would in a game, because I feel like a father figure to her rather than watching someone else be a father figure. So, in essence, this game does have gameplay, just not in the traditional sense you are used to. Expand
  68. Jul 4, 2013
    Do you like amazing games at amazing prices?

Do not listen to the crying about no choices, its not true. your choices do make a difference, characters will die or live, by your choices. There is only one thing THAT you can't stop by any choices you make. And your just going to have to play to find out!
  69. Jul 2, 2013
    Generally one of the best games out there. The story has emotional impacts on you and the game later on. And the ending... may or may not have made me cried :L
  70. Jul 2, 2013
    People who rate this game badly know absolutely nothing about gaming. Gaming is more than Call of Duty. Gaming is something that is to be experienced and enjoyed, using interaction to guide people through the game. This game has the best story I have ever played through. People rating this poorly will be saying that the gameplay was not as they expected or that the graphics aren't Battlefield 3 like. But I'm sorry, the story telling in this game is by far and away the best in any game and therefore will hopefully lead to better storytelling within gaming, thanks to this one game. Expand
  71. Jun 24, 2013
    I haven't felt this connected to a game in a while. Just a fair warning: if you don't like cutscenes, then this game isn't for you. This point and click adventure is basically one big cutscene and more like watching the TV show than playing a game, but that isn't a bad thing. The only complaints i have for the Xbox version of the game is occasional slowdown and glitches. It can be pretty distracting. Expand
  72. Jun 22, 2013
    The Walking Dead is simply one of the best game ever made related to the story. Seriously, people who didn't cry at some parts have no heart. People who score this game less than 8 just don't have a clue of games and should not be allowed to rate in the first place. A big fact i also like is that your decisions really change the details of the progression.

I don't think there will be a
    game that will be more emotional than this one, maybe as emotional as The Walking dead, but nothing more. Recommendation for everyone! Expand
  73. Jun 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Some graphic and sound bugs (but a great voice acting), but still a perfect adaptation of the original comic, but disappointed that the final did not have the emotional impact as I expected. Expand
  74. Jun 20, 2013
    One of the best story-driven games I've ever played,a little disapointed because Telltale Games told us that your choices affect story.This puts up a huge question:Are video games really art?
    You will go through more feelings with this,than with Titanic.
    All in all great game,gets an 9/10.
  75. Jun 19, 2013
    For this genre this game is incredible, the story is so addictive and interesting it keeps you wanting more. The only negative thing about it is that it ends.
    Incredible story and gameplay, highly recommend.
  76. Jun 19, 2013
    The story and wrting is absolutely amazing. It triggers such emotional responses and is never dull or lackluster. The Characters, while rather normal people, grow on you. While you don't really care for them at first, they grow on you rather fast and you become very attached to them (in most cases at least). It really hurts to see them leave the group or even get killed.

This game is
    one of the best games I ever played, definitely in my top 3, and has the best narration of any game I have ever played. I will definitely buy season 2, I can hardly wait until the first episode is released!! Expand
  77. Jun 17, 2013
    This game is not about graphics or game play, its about a epic, well written story- that will leave you amazed by the end. As i went through the story 's episodes, i found my self immersed in the games story, making some of the hardest decisions you can ever make in a game. the game is tailored to the things you do throughout the experience.the character you meet and the choices you make will effect the game throughout. As you play there will be some characters you bond with.

The last episode i found myself almost in tears, due to the depth this story goes into; the mind blowing conclusion, that will leave you emotional. easily one of the best stories in a game- and other developers should take note.
  78. Jun 14, 2013
    What an incredible game! Really worthy of The Walking Dead`s title.
    If you know TWD, you sure as hell also know that everybody dies, but what matters is what you do before you get taken out. The game shows that splendidly, you may know that those characters won`t probably last long, but you get to care for them and their deaths (excluding a couple of them) are really felt.
    Incredible history.
  79. Jun 12, 2013
    Just one point lower because of the ending

I was scared, shocked, but i found more love in my life...
    I have to place here more characters, but two sentences had done
  80. Jun 12, 2013
    The graphics, storytelling, scriptwriting, voice acting and characters in this game are amazing!

You can relate to the characters and their personalities do grow throughout the story. The moral choices you have to make really influence your further interactions with you fellow survivors and to some degree how the story evolves. Every action has a reaction and some moral choices are key
    to how the story goes on. Every scene, every gesture on the characters face, every interaction between Lee (your character) and the other survivors is meaningful and properly written. True storytelling in games redefined. Expand
  81. Jun 5, 2013
    Fantastic game with a great story. If you are not interested in story then this is not the game for you. This game gets you very attached with characters and makes you really think about each decision you make and the implications. Seeing certain characters die can really have an emotional impact. For Season 2, I would hope the player decision's have more outcomes. Right now, the story will progress relatively the same way despite your decisions and I would hope Telltale adds different endings and changes in the plot-line based on the player's choices. Expand
  82. Jun 5, 2013
    In my opinion it's not really a game,more of an interactive movie really but holy crap is it a good interactive movie.The emotional payback of this game is huge,your choices affect everything,you will have to choose who lives,who dies and so on,it's brilliant.
  83. Jun 3, 2013
    Despite the reputation and praises I avoided this game like the plague due to the interactive story label. While I still don't think the game is worth it's full asking price I do feel it's absolutely worth grabbing on a sale. Took me slightly north of 10 hours to beat all 5 episodes. The story is amazing and does a very good job creating tension and, for the most part, does an excellent job of creating the "just one more turn" desire. Looking forward to the sequel and may also take a chance on Wolf Among Us, on sale of course. Expand
  84. Jun 3, 2013
    I was thouroughly suprised that i enjoyed this game as much as I did. I really enjoyed the story just as much as the show or the comic. The characters were well written and there was a ton of suspense. I will definately pick up another installment if they make one.
  85. May 30, 2013
    "This is not a game." You know what? I might not consider a game either. I'd consider it- an interactive story. But jeezy creezy what a story. If you wanna be hit in the feels you gotta experience this game. Right. In. The. Feels. Numerous times! My emotions were jerked around so much I thought this game was my x-girlfriend. If you love story and characters and wanna experience what feelings are you gotta play this. Expand
  86. May 26, 2013
    The best game I have ever played in the last year and 2013 so far in terms of story. I really can't wait for Season2 which is aimed at fall this year.

The ending is so sad, if you played all Episodes without stopping in between and you get to the ends you will probably cry or feel upset for the next few hours after you finished the game, this is how the story will capture your emotion.
    well done designers. Expand
  87. May 23, 2013
    This game is just amazing. Unforgettable..... have never felt this emotionally attached to a game and it's characters/story-line. defiantly a must play.
  88. May 23, 2013
    This a game has a cruel, but a very deep feeling. While play this game, you will feel awkward and confused, but after play this game, you don't have any word for it. The game has a great, epic and horrible story and I will never forget that feeling.

Enjoy it
  89. May 18, 2013
    Clearly one of the most surprising games i have very played. This game emotionally attaches you to it's characters and you will really start to care about them. It's story will take you on a journey that will make you sweat. You will feel sad, you will feel relief, and you will feel sacrifice. Story in this game is it's strongest aspect. Graphics are not the best, but they are rarely a problem at all. You will probably play this game more than once because of it's game changing decision making. Every choice counts. You make your character the way you want. This is a must own. Expand
  90. May 16, 2013
    One of the best games I've ever played and the only one that's nearly reduced me to tears. Totally worth the money. The story keeps you wanting more, and you begin to like the characters. I felt all the emotions possible from a video game with this.
  91. May 13, 2013
    Telltale truly made a masterpiece. I've owned this game since it's release on steam however, I never bothered posting until now since I don't use Metacritc often. I've always been a fan of the Walking Dead world with the comics, books, shows, and with this games as well.

As a warning to those who are looking to buy this game: This game is not your average zombie shooter/hack & slash or
    what have you. This is essentially an interactive novel/TV show broken down into 5 episodes with the beginning of each episode having a "previously on the Walking Dead" showing your actions and choices from the previous episode. You must enjoy a good story in order to enjoy this game. If you buy it thinking it's a zombie shooter and you're going to run around hacking zombies you're going to be disappointed; Which is what I assume most people who gave it a negative review assumed after reading their reviews.

However, if you do enjoy a good story you're going to enjoy if not love this game and shed a tear like I did at the end and eagerly await season 2 this fall like I am.
  92. May 10, 2013
    Great art style and very emotional! I cried at the end of this game and I am normally a tough person and rarely cry. I was smiling all the way through the game the same as I do with the TV show! Worth the purchase. Best GAMING EXPERIENCE EVER
  93. May 9, 2013
    this game has one of the greatest stories you will encounter in games and the ending will surely make you cry although it lacks some freedom but the choices you make affect the story telling which gives you a high replayability simply one of the best games of 2012
  94. May 8, 2013
    Genius, It has the most compelling, emotional, shocking and intense story i ever played in a video game, I find it way better then the TV show, the characters reactions make sense, the various decisions are neat, cuz unlike the TV series there is no BAD/GOOD choice or GOOD GUY/BAD GUY cliches, most choices that you and other characters make are presented as a matter of perspective, and the story line builds consistent consequences for the crazy things some characters might do (Lilly's father, the guy who kidnapped Clementine, lilly -in a way-) and the characters themselves are very compelling, Lee, you mostly build lee's persona which is already interesting, Clementine is so cute, and is probably the best child character ever in a video game, with a great voice acting, There are lots of other interesting people too, Carley, Molly, Christa, Mike, the homeless guy..etc

But i guess the most important aspect of the story is that what your group is doing makes sense, for example they live in the 21 century, they try using radios, TV.. etc (such aspects don't exist in the TV show!), Secondly, they do understand it's pointless to find a permanent place to stay in a city full of walkers, so they always move, and when they do stay for long periods in one spot, a valid reason is provided, like waiting for the army to roll in, which they fast realize it's not going to happen so they move on..

And although the game-play is Click-to-Play, which is obviously bogus and stupid, especially for a walking dead game which you'd expect to have a very action-packed gameplay, but the story telling compensate that pretty good, and the game itself make the click-to-play thing rather fun.. it feels more like watching a neat movie then playing game, i haven't counted but i'm pretty sure that if you take all the cut-scenes out you'd probably get less then 3 hours game-play, but still it's amazingly fun.
  95. May 7, 2013
    The Walking Dead series is a point and click 5 parter with a small amount of keyboard movement involved. The story line is well thought out and choice made in earlier parts may come back to help or haunt you in the later stages. Although the original price tag of £29.99 was rather high as you had to wait for the other parts to be released, now you can pick it up £9.99 in most places with all parts ready to go. If your into the TV series or just want something different then this is worth a tenner. Expand
  96. May 4, 2013
    The best game of 2012. No doubt. The best characters I've seen in a videogame,it's a game of emotions, you'll love the characters. The puzzles are a very simplistic, though.
  97. Apr 27, 2013
    Best point and click game I have ever played. Characters are all interesting, except some of them that are just a pain in the ass which I'm glad are killed in spectacular fashion, voice acting is excellent, and it has plenty of moments that will make you cry. For $15, this game is a must must must buy. Can't wait for the next season.
  98. Apr 26, 2013
    One of the reasons i created this account was to share my impressions regarding this PC adventure i have experienced. This game simply left me broken on the inside, in a way very few pieces of art/entertainment have managed to. Probably the book Sputnik Sweetheart by Murakami and the movie Requiem for a Dream by Darren Aronofsky are the only ones who had the same effect.
    First of all,
    this game is NOT for children. Secondly, it is not for hypersensitives. The reason? The huge quantity of feelings it triggers. The characters are so amazingly written and so believable that u'll end up loving most of them and hating the rest. The problem is that this is a game about death. In all forms and flavours. Most of these characters die, usually in more than gruesome manners, and you are generally left to feel helpless and contemplate the frailty that is life. This is a game which depicts the entire range of human dark emotions, with flawless accuracy and a really punishing tone.
    The entire game is so emotionally overwhelming that you might have problems getting to the end of it. I have more than once regretted starting it and almost quit the adventure 3 times. The next moment however, i was craving for more, ending up asking myself whether i might actually be a masochist. And that's this game in a nutshell a rollercoaster inside a world where u will be challenged to survive, only to realise that you are outmatched no matter what you do, no matter your skills or your thought processes. Sure, u might end up saving a person here and there, but it is only temporary. In fact, the game sadistically exploits these relationships, allowing you to develop feelings towards the characters u saved only to see them crushed further down the road, when a previously avoidable human sacrifice becomes necessary in order to progress Throughout the entire game i felt like death is all around me, and it takes quite some skill to be able to offer this perspective in a stimulating and often philosophical manner.
    It is hard to give a score in a "traditional-looking" manner for a game like this. The gameplay is ok, especially for those who enjoy timed events and point-and-click adventures like Indigo Prophecy or Heavy Rain. What makes scoregiving hardest is the fact this game will rarely. if ever, make you feel "good" about yourself. You are an anti-hero, you don't save worlds, there is nothing awesome about you. Many moments will definitely make you cry. But that is what the game set out to do from the beginning, this is its plan, to beat the comfortable numbness of the traditional gamer. And in that department, it succeeds masterfully, probably better than all the games i've played in the last decade.
    Definitely not for the faint of heart, but a must play for those who want to experience a great story that will brutally remind you the importance, and limits, of being and staying alive....
  99. Apr 26, 2013
    Well... This was a pleasant surprise even though I came with big expectations. The story is engaging, the characters are alive and developing the tension is high, and the choices seem difficult and meaningful. Not to mention that the technical execution is excellent as well.
    Definitely one of the better games of 2012
  100. Apr 25, 2013
    That's how I was left after finishing each episode of this game. And for a bonus I was left with a tear in my eye by the third and fifth chapter. This game must be played by anyone who loves storytelling and amazing dialogues in video game and even movies. What many are complaining about is that there is no gameplay or oh this isn't a game it's an interactive show but they are missing the entire point of the game! It isn't to collect killstreaks or to amaze with set pieces, it's to move your emotional strings and make you care about it's characters! If this isn't your type of game don't play it but this review is for the ones who knew what they were in for. You play as Lee Everett, a man with a shady past who in the midst of a zombie apocalypse finds a lonely little girl, Clementine. The moment you meet her you feel the burden of having to protect her and it doesn't ever go away. There were moments I felt so much sympathy for her or even doubt of myself if I was good enough for her that I felt things only real life could achieve! This is a very dark game, for those who didn't know! You will see a lot of up things and meet some up characters (episode 2, holy crap). But you will meet others who will join your group and become friends with you. And by god there will be choices! Choices that matter even from the first episode! And you will disagree even with your best companions in some cases! I repeat this is some intense and there's gonna e tension in the air. But I can say in the third chapter there was one so strong character development that I shed a TEAR! And of course the final episode I cried, literally cried. And not just in one scene! This game will move you! Even if you are the most stone cold emotionless man in the country. About the gameplay I can say it's point and click and there are tense scenes that require you to press a button really fast or stuff but nothing very gripping. But th strong is in the dialogue options! You have to think and react fast and believe me there will be a time or two that you will do something you would have never done in any other choice game. Like I said this game requires your emotions and ideas to play, not the ones from the character! So in general if you love good stories and great character development and dialogue you are in for the experience of the year! I'm gonna give it a nine because it doesn't really appeal to everybody! But great game for the right audience! Expand

It’s not perfect but The Walking Dead is one of the most important advances in interactive fiction for a generation, with some of the most memorable characters of any video game.
  2. Mar 15, 2013
    The Walking Dead is a serious, solid, but clay-footed work; in truth, it wouldn't stand out from the crowd if video game storytelling wasn't so impoverished to begin with.
  3. Feb 10, 2013
    A test of your moral fortitude in a world that's gone to the dogs. [March 2013, p.76]