8.4

1. Jun 3, 2012
    i love this game best game ever only thing is it not like what i thought it be going out killing zombie this more like how to survive in zombie holocaust
  2. Dec 5, 2012
    Probably the best zombie game I have ever played. When I first looked into this game, I thought it would be some shooter resident-evil wannabe, then I found out it was a graphic adventure with lots of action on it, which is really original and cool. But what I liked the most was the story, so epic and inmersive, really at the level of the TV series and more touchy. The flawless voiceProbably the best zombie game I have ever played. When I first looked into this game, I thought it would be some shooter resident-evil wannabe, then I found out it was a graphic adventure with lots of action on it, which is really original and cool. But what I liked the most was the story, so epic and inmersive, really at the level of the TV series and more touchy. The flawless voice acting helps a lot.

The other strong point in the game is the dialogue choice options. Everything you say almost always have some kind of impact in the story, from gaining influence over some pal of your group, to trigger a whole situation that may save your life or kill you. In fact, the difficulty of the game is not killing the zombies, but preventing your group to split or fall into hysteria.

The only thing that could be better, are the puzzles. For a graphic adventure the puzzles are quite weak, but it kind of compensates with a great dose of action. All crowned with a great and moving ending.

This game is a must have so try it. You won't be dissapointed.
  3. Aug 10, 2013
    Jamás vi la serie, pero el juego es uno de los mejore que he jugado. Nos mantiene prendidos a la pantalla, con un suspenso que jamas vi en otro juego. Casi perfecto.
  4. May 6, 2012
    This game is an absolute thrill, despite the clunky and outdated graphic design, it reaches out to the player and deliver an experience like no other Tell Tale game has ever done before, even for those who are not fans of either the critically acclaimed TV series or the comic.
  5. Apr 28, 2012
    This really is a fantastic start to the five-part horror "The Walking Dead".

This really is a fantastic start to the five-part horror "The Walking Dead".

Telltale's use of storyline layout make you, as the player choose the fate of certain characters. This isn't a game where you slice as many zombies as you can with a katana, this game makes clever use of minimal zombies to add a certain extent of fear, and the lack of zombies in certain parts show how dangerous it might be to cross one of them. I was sceptical about buying this at first, but playing this proved me very, very wrong. This is the saddest game I've ever played (well, with the exception of Portal 2's ending) I hated making horrible decisions and I did feel really sad at certain parts. Negatives : The Walking Dead relies too much on cutscenes and background visuals could be refined (hoping they'll make the backgrounds more scenic in the coming episodes.)

The voice acting is superb. Telltale have brought together some really awesome voice actors.
  6. Apr 26, 2012
    This is a game style which you either like it or hate it. I think if you don't like this style of game you shouldn't rate the game, because you're not rating its quality, but rating by your taste over its genre. I personally liked it a lot, it's mainly based on your choices throughout the game, and it's more focused on the story than killing zombies like a retarded.
  7. Apr 24, 2012
    Episode 1:
    Episode 1:
    This game is totally different than any game I am used to and so I decided to try it. The main reason I gave it a go and many others is because it is Walking Dead related. I spent $20 on all five episodes and I do not regret it one bit. To me it was just like watching another episode on TV but this time I had to, solve problems, make hard choices and lead a group. It took me a little over 2 hours to finish the episode and it left me wanting more. I loved the graphics Telltale has chosen; it fits right in. The blood and gore is also amazing. I loved this episode and I cannot wait til the next is released. Walking Dead FTW!
  8. May 3, 2012
    A really refreshing break from the usual zombie game, if you're looking for action look elsewhere, this is a game of storytelling and character building and it does this well, if this interests you I implore you to try it! It's also a welcome departure from the usual adventure game mould, it's still point and click but it pulls this off in an unusual way, and I for one am fond of theA really refreshing break from the usual zombie game, if you're looking for action look elsewhere, this is a game of storytelling and character building and it does this well, if this interests you I implore you to try it! It's also a welcome departure from the usual adventure game mould, it's still point and click but it pulls this off in an unusual way, and I for one am fond of the control scheme Telltale adopted. And to top it all off it has some really crisp comic style graphics and this looks fantastic, I gave it a 9 however for some weak voice acting at times. Other than this minor gripe, well done Telltale! Here's hoping the next episodes are of equal quality! Expand
  9. Nov 25, 2012
    Telltale earned a fan with this game. It is simply amazing, one of the best game experiences Ive ever had. Metacritic is making me write more but nothing else needs to be said.
  10. May 15, 2012
    I totally LOVED THIS GAME! Its scary and it lets you choose different possible ends! also the dialogue between characters is really awsome! loved it! cant wait for Episode 2!
  11. Apr 24, 2012
    A great first episode, with a huge replay value! You have alot of dialogue choices that seemingly Willy make a difference later, a very interesting history. The graphics are really nice as well.
  12. Aug 22, 2012
    This game is absolutely amazing! It might simply be the best story ever told in a PC game. And the coolest thing: YOU are part of it, YOU are calling the shots, YOU decide where the narrative is heading. Forget all criticism about lame puzzles and little interaction. That's missing the point. If you want puzzles, play Puzzle Agent, if you want interaction, get yourself a Wii. Yet, if youThis game is absolutely amazing! It might simply be the best story ever told in a PC game. And the coolest thing: YOU are part of it, YOU are calling the shots, YOU decide where the narrative is heading. Forget all criticism about lame puzzles and little interaction. That's missing the point. If you want puzzles, play Puzzle Agent, if you want interaction, get yourself a Wii. Yet, if you want to enjoy a gripping plot, a thrilling rollercoaster of emotions and some seriously scary situations, then play the "Walking Dead". Expand
  13. Dec 11, 2012
    Just finished playing through the 5 episodes. This game is the best thing I have played all year, I'm not kidding. The setting, the plot and the twists kept me going for hours and I just couldn't put it down. No game this year made me feel like that.

Definitely worth every penny. In fact it's worth more that its price.
  14. May 1, 2012
    I love this game! I've played through it a couple of times now. BUT DO NOT GET THIS GAME IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A SHOOTER LIKE L4D. I can't wait for the next episode!
  15. May 14, 2012
    this game is not for everyone however i loved it, i dont like the episode way of releasing i really want to play the next part and i want to see the effect of my decision
  16. Aug 18, 2012
    This is not open world, this is not a shooter, this is a TellTale game, an adventure, like a book or movie you get to play through. All the Red reviews seem to not understand that and haven't had experiences with games in this genre before. As an adventure game, this is tops, it is incredible. Voice acting is amazing, the design is beautiful (even the zombies) and the story is gripping andThis is not open world, this is not a shooter, this is a TellTale game, an adventure, like a book or movie you get to play through. All the Red reviews seem to not understand that and haven't had experiences with games in this genre before. As an adventure game, this is tops, it is incredible. Voice acting is amazing, the design is beautiful (even the zombies) and the story is gripping and wonderful. Expand
  17. Dec 27, 2012
    One of the best crafted experiences character and story-wise I have witnessed in a long time, on any game genre. Within the boundaries of adventure games, this, as with The Longest Journey series, is a masterpiece of legendary dimensions (if not length), that will be brought into discussion as a measuring unit of how games are supposed to be delivered.
    It is so compelling and interesting
    It is so compelling and interesting that the downside of its not entirely satisfactory combat system and its frequent "click-to-not-die" moments is easily forgiven, detracting almost nothing from the overall experience.
    If on top of all you happen to like zombie-related games, the experience of living through such a gruesome and disheartening situation does not get better than this.
    All the characters are precisely that, characters, therefore every decision you make on the game pertaining these people carries the true weight of responsibility on them because of that very fact.
    The Walking Dead includes what could probably be one of THE best child protagonists of all time: Clementine, that along the likes of April and Zoë from the Longest Journey series, you unavoidably care for thus want to carry this persona across all difficulties to see them safe and victorious (even if transitorily in the case of the former one) at the far side of the story.
    With great art, beautifully realistic dialog and a spectacularly wealthy source material to round all up, this is a game you should be installing in your machine right about now.
  18. Apr 24, 2012
    After finishing the second season of the Walking Dead, and the first compendium, my interest in this game Skyrocketed! This game is not like any other zombie game you have ever played, not like Left 4 Dead, not like Dead Island. It seamlessly integrates the story into the big picture of the Walking Dead comics. I was satisfied that my concern of a point and click game ruining theAfter finishing the second season of the Walking Dead, and the first compendium, my interest in this game Skyrocketed! This game is not like any other zombie game you have ever played, not like Left 4 Dead, not like Dead Island. It seamlessly integrates the story into the big picture of the Walking Dead comics. I was satisfied that my concern of a point and click game ruining the experience were false. The action scenes are great, and the voice acting is great. I recommend it if you want to play a story driven game, in which all the choices you make, have consequences. Where you have to choose sides, and who lives and who dies. Expand
  19. May 11, 2012
    Amazing start to a promising series.Was very sceptical since i hated back to the future, and jurassic park. But i loved the Monkey Island ones. They really captured what i felt was the essence of what the walking dead is about! I await the second episode eagerly!!
  20. Jul 13, 2012
    For everybody saying your choices makee nothing, play the rest episode then JUDGE. Your choices do affect your progress in the next episode. Beside, you dont need to be a zombie fan to love this game- im not, and I completely loved this game. Well done, TTG
  21. Oct 6, 2012
    No game has ever made me feel emotion like this. A top-notch creation from Telltale Games, and their best work yet. Puzzles are perhaps a little simplistic though, so don't expect difficult puzzles if that's what you want.
  22. Apr 30, 2012
    Telltale's Best Project yet! Walking Dead Ep1 is a great start for the series; it contains great locals, likable characters and great main protagonist, beautiful visuals and excellent storytelling and decision making. Whats really amazing about the story is that moral choice actually does matter, Choose to save one of the two and the consequences will be heavy. Overall the traditionalTelltale's Best Project yet! Walking Dead Ep1 is a great start for the series; it contains great locals, likable characters and great main protagonist, beautiful visuals and excellent storytelling and decision making. Whats really amazing about the story is that moral choice actually does matter, Choose to save one of the two and the consequences will be heavy. Overall the traditional puzzles that Telltale always includes in their games was missing but the story and the characters more than make up to that, Great game - 8.5/10 Expand
  23. May 1, 2012
    "A new day", the first chapter of the episodic "Walking Dead" games by Tell Tale is a truly unique zombie experience. Focusing on the original source (The Comic) for story, players work their way through a handful of scenarios making the small and large choices that move along the story. Some confusion over the game is in its action beats. With it being an adventure game the pacing for"A new day", the first chapter of the episodic "Walking Dead" games by Tell Tale is a truly unique zombie experience. Focusing on the original source (The Comic) for story, players work their way through a handful of scenarios making the small and large choices that move along the story. Some confusion over the game is in its action beats. With it being an adventure game the pacing for action isn't as focused, which I find to put more pressure on survival rather than standing and fighting. Each walker encounter is terrifying and presents the option of death in any fight.

Familiar faces are found in locations around Georgia, and the episodic content makes for a brisk 60-90 minute story, much in the vein of watching an episode of the TV show. While I wasn't completely blown away by the first episode, I felt my stomach church as split second decisions needed to be made. Urgency dictates the amount of response time you have to make a decision, lest you stand by and say/do nothing. It's greatest flaw is grounded in the fact that the content is so short by episode, no detail can be discussed without majorly spoiling a chapter.
  24. Apr 27, 2012
    Not being an Adventure Genre fan, The Walking Dead was a gamble for me. I tried it since i thought the zombie survival plot would fit this genre better than most other topics, i was amazed. I have enjoyed it so much my view on the whole genre has changed. I highly recommend this game as a starting point to Adventure games, Specially if you are into other genres and you are interested inNot being an Adventure Genre fan, The Walking Dead was a gamble for me. I tried it since i thought the zombie survival plot would fit this genre better than most other topics, i was amazed. I have enjoyed it so much my view on the whole genre has changed. I highly recommend this game as a starting point to Adventure games, Specially if you are into other genres and you are interested in the Story side of those other games. Here you won't get to play a FPS, 3PS, RTS etc. (which before TLD i thought would beat adventure any day of the month) But it does come close to a really good RPG in the choice area (actually i wish many RPGs could really incorporate more things like this into their actual plots). It's true that the content from one decision to the other doesn't drastically change everything and many times plot devices are inserted to make things run leaving a bit of holes. But it's a zombie game! The whole idea is that Zombies are already plot devices in a fictional scenario. Still the story is compelling and full. So my recommendation is that if you want to shoot zombies, u have a lot of options and if you want everything to be just like it would be in real life... get one. This game is a great game and could re define the comic book experience imho. Just sit back, relax, stress, have fun and have emotions with choices that will make you wish to know what would happen if... and that is re playability. The only thing i wish they programed is a fast forward or skip button that u could unlock after you first run, since it would just be nice to fast forward through some of the already given story. Well in a nutshell. it's a comic book, tv program, movie... where you interact... just give it a try! i did... and i am already buying more adventure games. Expand
  25. Jun 11, 2012
    Adventure games are not for everyone. No question about it. However, my girlfriend and I found Walking Dead to be a great couples gaming experience. It's an adventure game that incorporates elements of film, but with enough quick decision making and branching plot aspects to keep you from feeling like you're just hitting continue. Simply put, if Walking Dead is an interactive movie, it isAdventure games are not for everyone. No question about it. However, my girlfriend and I found Walking Dead to be a great couples gaming experience. It's an adventure game that incorporates elements of film, but with enough quick decision making and branching plot aspects to keep you from feeling like you're just hitting continue. Simply put, if Walking Dead is an interactive movie, it is a really, really fun one. Pros: The storytelling is deeply engaging, truly top shelf for video games. The animation, voice acting, writing and story arc are all genuinely good and engaging. It doesn't feel like settling for a second-rate story just because it is a game (MMORPG anyone?) . The choices feel important, stilted maybe, but important nonetheless. Cons: The graphics were not stellar, they are very well used and the game looks and feels good, but the modeling itself seemed a little simplistic. Despite claiming to react to your play style and choices, I would describe Walking Dead as a game with a simple branching plot (at least thus far). However even if it is a 'con' it is a huge step forward from the typical point and click adventure.

The first episode took around 3 hours to complete. One of the best games (especially adventure games) I've played in years. Can't wait for the next installment.
  26. May 4, 2012
    This is one of my favourite games that I've played in recent months, very well written storyline and fun gameplay mechanics. A must buy if you are a fan of either the comic book series or the TV Show, it really does justice to the whole Walking Dead world.
  27. Jul 10, 2012
    Really amazing game!My first teltale game ever. Play through the really intsresting story and jump straight into episode 2.Every choice you make is important! Have fun. :-)
  28. Nov 13, 2012
    Simply Awesome, Amazing game, i always wanted to play Heavy Rain but as i am a pc gamer i never got to play it, but this one is like it, but in horror genre, i liked this game, it is worth buying
  29. Sep 19, 2013
    best game I have ever played in my life
    great voice work, brilliant camera work, the chemistry between Lee and Clementine
    the end is the saddest ending ever which is a great credit because I felt so sorry for the characters
  30. Apr 27, 2012
    a great game for people who like the book or show, cheap isn't bad either. can't wait for the next chapter. it's more than just a point and click too.

1. Jul 8, 2012
    Great both standalone and as a gateway to a larger series. Let's hope it all pans out. [July 2012, p.76]
  2. Jul 3, 2012
    A slow-burn character study, some quick thinking and a constant air of menace make for a gripping start to a new adventure. [July 2012, p.68]
  3. Jun 28, 2012
    Rich atmosphere compensates for poor gameplay mechanics of The Walking Dead.