8.6

1. Oct 28, 2012
    It's ok - but it's not actually a "game" is it? Anyone remember the film "Big" with Tom Hanks where a kid in the body of his dad (after some swap) pitches a game idea to these suits...well this is the animated version of that game - it didn't sound like a game in the mid 1980's - and it doesn't sound or play much like a game now. Nice walk through a story, but you do nothing, make littleIt's ok - but it's not actually a "game" is it? Anyone remember the film "Big" with Tom Hanks where a kid in the body of his dad (after some swap) pitches a game idea to these suits...well this is the animated version of that game - it didn't sound like a game in the mid 1980's - and it doesn't sound or play much like a game now. Nice walk through a story, but you do nothing, make little or no choices that matter, no tactics, no strategy, no action..nothing really. Looking for a story - it's pretty decent. But game it aint Expand
  2. Sep 21, 2012
    This is not so much a game as an animated comic.

Voice acting - 9 Excellent. Story & Art - 7 Good. User dialogue options - 2 Appalling. Trite coin flipping. Users get to play the dumbest person in the world. Game Mechanics - 3 Clumsy. Poor interface interferes with execution. Usability - 3 Poor If you want to rewind, You have to watch the same sequence at real time and have no
    This is not so much a game as an animated comic.

Voice acting - 9 Excellent.
    Story & Art - 7 Good.
    Usability - 3 Poor If you want to rewind, You have to watch the same sequence at real time and have no option to speed things up.
  3. Oct 30, 2012
    This isn't a game as much as a very casual "choose your own adventure" experience that will present very little challenge even to new players. I really can't imagine anyone spending more than a few minutes on any given "challenge". Each location only has a few points of interest, puzzles are very simple (you can consider your inventory cluttered if you have three items in it), and fightingThis isn't a game as much as a very casual "choose your own adventure" experience that will present very little challenge even to new players. I really can't imagine anyone spending more than a few minutes on any given "challenge". Each location only has a few points of interest, puzzles are very simple (you can consider your inventory cluttered if you have three items in it), and fighting zombies consists of either hammering a single key or leisurely pointing your mouse at the highlighted area. A slight spoiler here: at one point you are instructed to sneak up on a location. You press W for a few seconds and... that's it. Congratulations, Master Sneaker. Even when you are given a choice (usually in dialogues), it can only affect the details of the story, forcing you down one of several predetermined storylines. The problem is, so far none of the storylines seem bad or wrong so it seems that you can pretty much select dialogue options at random and you'll still complete the episode.
    As you can see, there's very little actual gaming here, forcing you to concentrate on the story. Unfortunately, what we get so far is standard zombie fare, and the big plot twist of this episode is so predictable, you'll really wish there was a way to warn Lee about it (the game gives you no choice but to walk right into it, which is frustrating). The characters are flat and uninteresting, and the dialogues are usually very simple, although in more heated moments things do get pretty exciting and Lee's interactions with Clementine can be genuinely affecting.
    I've been very negative in this review so far, but the thing is, this is a pretty original little game that tries very hard to give you a memorable experience and I really applaud that. If you manage to suspend your disbelief and play along, I'm sure you'll have a great time. For me, however, the very limited choices, uninteresting story, and nonexistent challenge resulted in a pretty boring time. I don't think I'll play Episode 3.
  4. Oct 8, 2012
    I actually found this be quite a bit boring compared to the first episode. The story still progresses fine but I felt like this was more for that without having us do anything besides the point and click detective stuff. I wanted more action. I did enjoy the shootout though

1. Oct 13, 2012
    Episode 2 delves less on the zombies and more on the relations between humans. In that it succeeds and manages to pull off some of the best writing and atmosphere seen in games this year. Even if you don't care about the subject matter, episode 2 is most definitely worth a look. [Oct 2012]
  2. Aug 31, 2012
    If the first episode made us face difficult situations, the second one assaults us with a symphony of horror. [September 2012]
  3. Aug 30, 2012
    The drama is well-directed, but as soon as The Walking Dead tries to straighten its shoulders, it immediately runs into technical issues, like stiff animation, poor facial gestures, and the lack of ambient sounds.