8.9

1. Nov 21, 2012
    Episode 5, the finale... without spoiling anything, it's a satisfying conclusion, even if you think you already know what's going to happen. I'll remember this game for a very long time.
  2. Koo
    Dec 29, 2012
    Episode 5 is the last episode of the Walking Dead: Season 1. I found this episode very moving, with great dialogue and action sequences (as throughout the series). The ending is also worthwhile, which is nice. But my favorite part of this series is just playing through it. I feel like I was there with these people: Lee, Clementing, Duck, Kenny... all of them. And not too many games can do that. Expand
  3. Nov 24, 2012
    Bloody masterpiece... this game is a howto on making interactive movies. Probably one of the best, if not the best game I've played this year.

Also, the ending, without revealing too much... very touching. Bravo.
  4. Nov 21, 2012
    A very well done finale to an amazingly well-crafted and emotional story. Most worth-it amount I've spent on a game this year. I'll dock half a point for some minor technical issues like some stuttering in certain areas when transitioning between scenes, but Episode 5 is definitely worth a full 10 for its unforgetttable story and characters. The bar for story-telling in a game has now been raised so high, I look forward to the one which will surpass it. Hopefully, I wouldn't have to wait long, and Season 2 comes out soon. A definite first-day purchase for me. Expand
  5. Nov 21, 2012
    I don't know what to say... This game has been quite a journey. I have never felt so into the atmosphere of a game like this before. Every moment was amazing and I will never forget this game.
    The pacing is top notch, the story-telling is unbelievably well done, the characters continue to stay as amazing as they were before.
    I don't cry during video games.
    That law just changed.
  6. Nov 21, 2012
    I think this is the best episode of the series. It's simpy amazing, and sad, and it's a very good ending to one of the best game in this year. It is for certain my game of the year.
  7. Nov 21, 2012
    Episode 5 is simply amazing. I've been gaming since the 8-bit era and this game has the most well crafted story I've ever played. No ending could have been more appropriate for the series and I honestly believe it tops Episode 2. Can't say much more without spoiling it, but grab this game as soon as you can. Oh, and tell all your friends about it too. No one should get left out of this one
  8. Nov 25, 2012
    Not much I can say but this The Walking Dead has one of the best stories ever in a game. You can't name many games that have made you cry, I can't but this is one of them and I'm happy to have played it. Yeah there isn't much gameplay but it isn't about that and if thats what you were hoping for, well sorry. Also I don't get why people keep saying this episode is rushed, NO TIME LEFT!
    Kinda says it all, you're running out of time. This is it, all we've been leading up to, there is no time to stop and think just do what needs to be done.
  9. Nov 21, 2012
    One of the best ending of all time, that's for sure. And I'm keeping it real, I cried. I really cried at the ending. Congrats Telltale Games for making this awesome game. And my last words: Game of the Year.
  10. Nov 23, 2012
    i'll be damned if this game doesn't win the Game Of The Year award though its unusual for an adventure game to win a GOTY award and even more so for a point-and-click adventure game. A poignant yet phenomenal finish to an epic game which has set new standards for story telling in videogames.
    I really had given up on videogaming after hours of Call of Duty,Medal Of Honor,Assassin's Creed
    and craved for something new. This game stunningly surpassed my expectations. I feel it worth mentioning here that i am completely new to point-and-click adventure games,so i was quite skeptical about the idea of a point-and-click adventure game having as much to offer as a fast paced FPS or a thrilling action/adventure game. This game might even seem graphically unappealing to a chunk of gamers but its storyline really overshadows its shortcomings if any. Since its second season will be hitting the shelves soon,i recommend it as a MUST BUY!!!
    P.S : If my review seems too exaggerated to some people,i'd recommend a look at the bar above which says "47 positive" and just "1 negative" review.
    P.P.S: Telltale Games. you've got a new fan :)
  11. Nov 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I am absolutely speechless, this series has evoked more emotional response than any other game i have ever played, the final scene between clementine and lee was so heartbreaking but beautifully done,i am not ashamed to admit that me, being a legal adult was sobbing and in tears by the final scene, i really hope they do another season as it ended on a pretty big cliffhanger, bravo telltale, you have created a masterpiece of a game. Expand
  12. Nov 22, 2012
    The walking masterpiece. I hate zombie games and movies, but this one just let my jaw drop, kicked my ass with emotions, smashed my imagination with a 10-ton blow, and made me yearn form more games with so well-written characters, balanced action, awesome atmosphere, superb dubbing, and engaging storyline. A must-play and the best game of 2012, which proves that even with an old engine and not-so innovative mechanics, games can be mature, enriching and enchanting at the same time. The Walking Dead is bound to become a classic that will be mentioned alongside Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Grim Fandango, Monkey Island, Sanitarium, Broken Sword series, and all the cool adventure games that have been recently relegated to indie-game genre. Expand
  13. Nov 26, 2012
    I'm rather reviewing the whole series than just episode 5 because I think you have to look at the big picture here.

Yes the game has it's flaws: technical errors (had to play the series with shadows turned off despite my more than decent rack) and, as stated by many others, the choices you make don't change the outcome like some might've wished they would. The comic-look is a pure
    matter of taste, I can understand that some people might not like it, but I do.

BUT apart from it's deficiencies this here is something unique and I'm glad there's gonna be another series. This is not about 20 different endings or alike, it's about hope and how you're not to loose it and more importantly pass it on to and raise it in somebody else, especially the young ones.

It's GRIPPING by every meaning of the word. And I can't remember any game that touched and/or moved me like this one, especially no point 'n' click adventure.

I for one don't think the decisions one makes are pointless. I can't fight the feeling that many people have gotten so used to seeing people die on the screen (and I mean everywhere: the news, the movies and video-games) it just doesn't do anything for/with them anymore. I actually felt terrible and sorry for some of the decisions I made and many of the things I've seen in this game.

All in all this game tells a great story with convincing characters and is a stunning, gripping experience. 10 out of 10.
  14. Dec 1, 2012
    This game, as a whole and this finale especially, is storytelling at its finest. There are many branching paths possible for this final episode and Telltale games made it difficult for themselves with the ridiculous combination of options they gave you leading up to this point. They did a terrific job, though. Few faults exist for this game, if any. If you want a story-driven/choice-driven gaming experience, this is perfect. Expand
  15. Nov 25, 2012
    This is the best episode of the season by far. You've been building up Lee character as well as his relationships with others through your choices and this is the episode where everything comes to a head. NOTHING will stop Lee from saving Clementine.

The action starts right at the beginning of the episode and never lets up, it may be the shortest episode but it has both the best
    dialogue and action scenes of the entire series. It's true that you choices don't have a huge affect on the overall events of the narrative, but instead they succeed in making every choice feel personal, every choice you make is based on your personal morals and ethics in situations where there is no right answer. it's without a doubt the best story I've every played through in a game, though it's probably closer to a visual novel than traditional games. Expand
  16. Nov 27, 2012
    Amazing game. There is always something going on and you never get bored of it. The TV series were boring and i almost fell asleep on every episode so this game was how the series should be like and not a soap opera with a little who.re Carl. I cant wait for season 2.
  17. Nov 22, 2012
    What an epic conclusion to an epic series. In my top 3 games of the year. I thought I was going to cry during the final scene. Wouldn't have minded waiting a couple of extra weeks for them to create more content as I do think (at around a quarter of the length of the others) it represents poor value for money when compared to the other episodes. For this reason, I give it 9.5. I hope season 2 can live up to the huge expectations that will surely be placed on it after all the GOTY's it will scoop. On a side note, the characterisations are so good that when me and the gf watch the series, we comment how bland they are compared to the game. Expand
  18. Nov 22, 2012
    oh my the final episode was mind blowing with emotions i felt like crying at ending it was heart reaching it made me sad but when the episode ended i thought something would we would see it but then it stop i was like wtf make me wanting more........

telltale u done again perfect end for first season game hope second game more better
  19. Dec 5, 2012
    Probably the best zombie game I have ever played. When I first looked into this game, I thought it would be some shooter resident-evil wannabe, then I found out it was a graphic adventure with lots of action on it, which is really original and cool. But what I liked the most was the story, so epic and inmersive, really at the level of the TV series and more touchy. The flawless voice acting helps a lot.

The other strong point in the game is the dialogue choice options. Everything you say almost always have some kind of impact in the story, from gaining influence over some pal of your group, to trigger a whole situation that may save your life or kill you. In fact, the difficulty of the game is not killing the zombies, but preventing your group to split or fall into hysteria.

The only thing that could be better, are the puzzles. For a graphic adventure the puzzles are quite weak, but it kind of compensates with a great dose of action. All crowned with a great and moving ending.

This game is a must have so try it. You won't be dissapointed.
  20. Nov 27, 2012
    Few games have ever wrenched genuine emotion and sorrow from my gut as brutally as Telltale's take on Robert Kirkman's twisted world. Bravo, Telltale. This game deserves a spot as GOTY, no questions asked. #ForClementine indeed.
  21. Dec 7, 2012
    The half life series was what I always considered my all time favorite game, nothing else matched it though few came close namely wind waker, metro 2033, oddworld, heart of darkness, and a few more. Telltale's walking dead however makes me question what my favorite game of all time is. Holy sht this game was indescribable. If ever a game was deserving of a perfect score, this is it. Game of the year easily (to me at least). Expand
  22. 4DI
    Nov 21, 2012
    What can I say? I'm speechless.
  23. Nov 22, 2012
    While i think The Walking Dead is one of the best games I've ever played i think episode 5 is by far the best. The other ones were great but this on was not far from PERFECT! As always the voice acting was great especially for Lee and Clementine, but this episode i actually thought Ben was the best. He was very convincing the whole time and i really liked him in this episode. While this episode did feel a bit shorter than the others i think it's the best of the 5 and it still deserves a 10! Expand
  24. Nov 30, 2012
    Impeccably written, intensely shot, impossibly alive characters, top-notch pacing and a bravura performance from Melissa Hutchinson, a.k.a. Clementine, who is destined to be named as the most fully realized child character (if not just simply CHARACTER) in the history of video games from now on. The Walking Dead Episode 5 is everything you could wish for, the finale to a series so meticulously crafted, that's it destined to leave a mark in every single gamer that had the chance to experience this dramatic miracle.. The ending, itself, is shocking, gut-wrenching, emotionally merciless and, most of all, absolutely, positively unforgettable. A HUGE thank-you to Telltale Games for offering a true masterpiece that is Walking Dead. They actually managed to make me CRY. Thank you. Expand
  25. Nov 21, 2012
    Episode 5 is amazing, this is one of the best storydriven games i have ever played and episode 5 does not disappoint in any areas. I can safely say that this episode is the most emotional of all the episodes, the episode with the most action and so on. With a very good story and an in my opinion amazing ending this continues to be my favorite game of the year. I really recommend everyone to pick this game up, it is really amazing. Expand
  26. Nov 21, 2012
    I literally can't write any true review of this game, since I only just beat it and my eyes are still soaking wet from tears and I can't see a thing. I have to say, this is the most emotional gaming experience I've ever had. I loved all the episodes, and this one didn't disappoint either. Wonderful writing, characters and sound design. If the season two maintains this level of quality, we might have a new legendary series in gaming. I'm sorry, I can't say anything bad about this episode, it felt like all the technical difficulties weren't there anymore (or maybe at this point I just didn't care about them I just wanted to save little Clementine...). Hats of to Telltale for this season of The Walking Dead, it really honors the original comics and beats the TV series in every possible way. I hope it won't take too long until we get to see what happens next... Expand
  27. Nov 21, 2012
    Game Of The Year.....Best game what i ever played........................................................................................................
  28. Nov 21, 2012
    The final instalment of a really fantastic game! The final "episode" was able to bring a good mix of everything, from the tear jerkers to the edge-of-seat action! It will make the manliest of men be reduced to tears.
    Throughout all the games I have ever played, The Walking Dead by Telltale Games is, by a country mile, my all time favourite.
  29. Nov 22, 2012
    Very satisfying and very very emotional ending. I won't state if the ending was very happy or sad because I don't want to put any spoilers. Thus, I will state that the ending felt very emotionally powerful to me. I will be purchasing season 2 of this game.
  30. Nov 23, 2012
    Just awesome! The best of its kind.The story is great the conclusion is a tear jerker and the voice acting is as good as it gets, especially Clementine her voice actress should win awards. I can't recommend this game enough

1. Jan 29, 2013
    No Time Left is Telltale's best effort to date. It has the longest heart-to-heart talk in the entire game, the most exciting action sequence featuring Lee, a hatchet and a horde of zombies, and a quiet, emotional climax.
  2. Dec 18, 2012
    The last episode of The Walking Dead is a worthy finale for a well crafted and emotional adventure game.
  3. Dec 3, 2012
    It's extraordinarily rare for a game to possess scenes of such powerful emotion, but Telltale have managed something special with The Walking Dead finale, and it'd be a tragedy to miss it.