8.5

1. Apr 1, 2013
    Second part of saga. This one is more innovating, has better fighting and spellcasting system, has longer, nonlinear story and much greater amount od sidequests. World is larger. Graphics are just great.
    This is one of the best games in 2012
  2. Jun 14, 2013
    Polish creators made something impossible. After a great game they made even better one. The Witcher 2 is absolutely the best game in the world. Much better than also brilliant first part but also quite different. Here we have much more skill fight, more intensive movement and dodge. Plot is awesome, gameplay is magical and everything here has a great magic in it. You will fall into thisPolish creators made something impossible. After a great game they made even better one. The Witcher 2 is absolutely the best game in the world. Much better than also brilliant first part but also quite different. Here we have much more skill fight, more intensive movement and dodge. Plot is awesome, gameplay is magical and everything here has a great magic in it. You will fall into this game for many hours and after the ending credits You will sit with Your mouth open. Expand
  3. May 3, 2013
    Only thing I dislike about the witcher 2 is how heavy (on my pc) this game is... But, everything else, from the RPG elements, to the combat (which is ok, without being either bad or great), immersive story and great characters, fits together nicely to create an amazing game... There is plenty of replayability too, with the whole act 2 being completely different based on your decision atOnly thing I dislike about the witcher 2 is how heavy (on my pc) this game is... But, everything else, from the RPG elements, to the combat (which is ok, without being either bad or great), immersive story and great characters, fits together nicely to create an amazing game... There is plenty of replayability too, with the whole act 2 being completely different based on your decision at the end of act 1... I can't really think of any other action RPG title that I have enjoyed as much as the Witcher 2... Expand
  4. Sep 14, 2013
    A great RPG, with mature non-linear story, interesting characters and stunning graphics and soundtrack.
    It's a must for every RPG fan that likes his games to have a good story, likes the grim fantasy world and likes his choices to make a difference.
    Witcher's issues are seriously minor, combat is more tactical than hack&slashy, and personally I had ever issue with the inventory system.
    Overall, a very good game, that seriously kicks arse of other RPGs on the market.
    A newcomer to the series may be a bit lost but if what I wrote sounds interesting to you go ahead and buy it. And a disclaimer it's not a game for kids.
  5. May 14, 2013
    This is truly one of the best games I have played in a long time. If you are a fan of fantasy and adventure games you will definitely love this game. It is stuffed with adventures and great role playing aspects while the story is very catching as well.

Please do yourself a favor and learn the game. It might be a little tough to begin with but when you get used to the controls and the tactics you will not let this one go. And it look stunning too.. So what are you waiting for?
  6. May 18, 2013
    -Amazing game.
    -Stunningly beautiful
    -Deep and detailed story line -Multiple endings (I think its 4 huge ending differences and something like 20+ course changes available to you slightly altering the outcomes) -ADULT Setting (you have no idea how much a old fart like me appreciates a Mature setting rather then the dull and Politically Correct settings of so many other fantasy titles.
    -Amazing game.
    -Stunningly beautiful
    -Deep and detailed story line
    -ADULT Setting (you have no idea how much a old fart like me appreciates a Mature setting rather then the dull and Politically Correct settings of so many other fantasy titles. Not even talking about the nudity or swearing, just the over all atmosphere of setting)
    - A company that actually cares about its customer base (new update or addition comes out, you update for free, no nickle and diming you, like other so called AAA developers do
    - Part 2 of a 3 part series (part 3 comes out in late 2013 I believe and offers up a exploratory landmass triple the size of Skyrim)

I just cant say enough good about this title. I know some people may dismiss the 10 rating as overly generous but thats not how I rate. This title is a solid 9.5 but I went 10 because its closer to 10 then 9.

THE ONLY ISSUE I had with The Witcher 2 was the Kayran fight. It was clearly designed with console controls in mind and thus is very hard to master using a keyboard.

Beyond that 1 instance, Brilliant game by a Brilliant developer (who is currently working on The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077).

CDProjekt Red is one company I DONT mind being called a Fanboy for. Their work and professionalism and loyalty to their customers deserves no less IMO.

ONLY other company I ever felt so loyal to was the PRE EA buyout Bioware
  7. Jun 26, 2013
    Purchased this game because of a Steam sale the other week, do not regret it! I would have paid full price. It is certainly one of the best games I have ever played.

Story 9.5/10
    Game play 9.5/10
    Graphics 9.7/10

The only problem I had was a few bugs here and there, but they weren't game breaking. Over all I give this game a 9.5/10.
  8. Jul 2, 2013
    this game really deserves a 9.5 but it rounds up to a 10.
    cons: third act is short shops are overpriced
    this game really deserves a 9.5 but it rounds up to a 10.
    cons: third act is short shops are overpriced
    pros: only 2 cons, great graphics, amazing story and characters, geralt is likeable, great combat, good difficulty so you actually have to think in combat, flotsam is the best town in a video game ive seen, the inn in flotsam has lots to do, colorful world, choices have a huge effect, mod kit, side quests are great enough to be part of the main game and have branching choices, will be able to import save to witcher 3, geralt is so awsome he can smoke without opening his mouth, satisfying ending, enhanced edition is free if you own the non enhanced edition.
  9. Aug 9, 2013
    It is extremely refreshing to see an RPG game that wasn't created by Blizzard or Bethesda. I found Witcher 2's combat system frustrating at times and the inventory UI sucks on the same level as Dead Space 3's but the game's story more than makes up for the below average UI. This is what story driven RPG's should be all about. Classic, tried and tested gameplay mechanics can be criticizedIt is extremely refreshing to see an RPG game that wasn't created by Blizzard or Bethesda. I found Witcher 2's combat system frustrating at times and the inventory UI sucks on the same level as Dead Space 3's but the game's story more than makes up for the below average UI. This is what story driven RPG's should be all about. Classic, tried and tested gameplay mechanics can be criticized for lack of ingenuity, but that isn't what Witcher2 is all about. I cannot stress HOW IMMERSED I WAS WITH THE CHARACTERS while I was playing the game. For example, I doubt that I am the first and only gamer to have fallen in love with Triss Merigold and I doubt that I will be the last. To sweeten the story, Witcher2 makes references to pop culture themes such as game of Thrones, Monty Python/WC3 (tiss only a flesh wound quote), and Lord of the Rings. These subtle additions make the gameplay all the more enjoyable in a dark and well thought out plot. The only downside to playing this game is that I was reading game of thrones at the same time and the combination of the two stories has led me to believe that human nature is a dark, twisted, and bloody corridor filled with people trying to sell you their brother's kidneys.

TL;DR: some bugs but great story and great game.
  10. Jun 19, 2013
    I am very critical of games, and this being said, this is game is one of the few games i will ever give a 10. This game excels in every aspect. Great story, great graphics and amazing graphics. I would value this game at $60, but you only have to pay $20(!)
  11. Jun 28, 2013
    i have played the first witcher game and i loved it, but this game is beyond any RPG ive ever played. i even bought all the witcher books after playing this game, it was just brilliant. for me this game is an solid 10/10
  12. Jul 26, 2013
    "The Witcher 2" is an absolute masterpiece.
    Fighting here is difficult, various quests, and the world as a whole looks alive. The decisions taken really influence the story, which leads to a huge number of endings (17!). My opinion, "Role Play of the Year".
  13. Dec 2, 2013
    Game is fantastic! It is awesome, gorgeous and brilliant. One of the best RPG's I have played. Definitely Game of the Year 2011. It just could be a little bit longer.
  14. Aug 28, 2013
    Great Story, Great Characters and Great Athmosphere. Best RPG of 2011. You have too many secret story in this game and you want to play again and again.
  15. Sep 4, 2013
    The game is pretty good, great dialogue, great choices that affect the gameplay quite a bit, even sending you to different areas based on your choices. It's been a long time since a game this good came out, and the game is actually challenging at normal difficulty I haven't played a game that was a challenge at normal since Mirror's Edge.

The graphics are really good, even at low

The graphics are really good, even at low settings, and the cities and settlements are very well designed. NPCs are very believable and realistic. The story is good. All fetch quests are optional you would mostly do them if you want achievements or money, and money is pointless as you get the best weapons, etc. by exploring.

The atmosphere and story are great. Music is so-so, nothing remarkable but not bad either.

I wish the combat was a little better, you get mobbed and killed really quick if you slip up even a little I would have preferred a small number of tougher opponents in the open world, and the open world isn't much to speak of I would have liked a bigger world with more cool areas to explore, and maybe a unique area/boss at the end of a difficult path. The mobs on most paths aren't much fun, you don't really walk away from combat with a sense of accomplishment most of the non-story related battles (and even most of the story-related battles for that matter) feel like a chore. The game is somewhat linear and even in the open world, you can't jump but you can climb certain ledges at specific places designated by the developers. Overall, gameplay and combat aren't great. They are challenging so that is a plus point.

Finally, the game has QTEs but thankfully allows you to turn them off. I've finshed one playthrough of the game and am on my second one (Roche's path). The first playthrough was a lot of fun, and took me ~50 hours with a lot of mucking about exploring.

All in all, I must say that this is a pretty game, do pick it up if you haven't already.
  16. Sep 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. İtİts very good and wonderful. its better than all of dragon age games.best rpg games in the world. I finished this game 7 times. this game father of rpg Expand
  17. Sep 7, 2013
    Okay, to start with, I played this game four times and still didn't get bored. And why's that? Probably because The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is a damn great game. And here's why:

The storyline: complex, multi-threaded, non-linear, dark and really well-written. The story is a continuation of events which happened in the first part of The Witcher. There are several (more than one) main threads which will develop during gameplay and some side-threads which are actually fun to take part in. The story isn't too complicated, though. Even without reading books from “The Witcher” series and playing the first part of the game, we can quite easily understand what is going on around us.
    Graphics. Well, is there a need to say a lot about graphics in Witcher 2? I believe that most people will agree entirely the world in this game is gorgeous. There are many details, and the landscapes are so beautiful and so close-to-being-real that I could stare at them for hours. Every leaf on the tree above us and every blade of grass below us is purely visible.
    Alchemy. I really like how this game demand some tactical skills from a player. We cannot use potions in mid-fight or heal ourselves instantly. We have to foresee when the next battle will be, how many opponents we will be facing and plan our strategy beforehand. And the potions are definitely a part of the preparations before a fight. We have several potions and sword oils to chose from, everyone of them giving us a different temporary bonus, be it increased damage or faster regeneration.
    Combat. Fighting is also tactical in this game. But this means not only that we cannot throw ourselves in a dozen of monsters in the beginning of the game and hope that a miracle will happen and we'll survive. The Witcher 2 makes us use everything we have available: bombs, traps, signs (there are five of them, every one working in a different way, and every one which can make us win a fight if we use them properly) and swords of course. Sometimes player has to jump from one enemy to another or to run from an enemy to prevent him from making a final blow.

The are certainly flaws and some of them are rather annoying (like the pointing system during fights and people slamming the doors in front of out face) but they can be easily coped with and I didn't really care about them during my gameplays. The advantages outweigh the disadvantages so much, that the flaws can barely be seen and they fade when we see the gorgeous graphics and get lost in a dark, absorbing story.
  18. Oct 26, 2013
    There is no such thing as a perfect game, but Witcher 2:Enchanted Edition is really close to perfection. The first Witcher was a good game, but now it looks silly when compared to Witcher 2. In Witcher 2, combat is challenging and awesome, AI is clever, you are actually motivated to play on higher difficulties (new weapons, armours and finishers), multiple endings, choices that actuallyThere is no such thing as a perfect game, but Witcher 2:Enchanted Edition is really close to perfection. The first Witcher was a good game, but now it looks silly when compared to Witcher 2. In Witcher 2, combat is challenging and awesome, AI is clever, you are actually motivated to play on higher difficulties (new weapons, armours and finishers), multiple endings, choices that actually matter, interesting gameplay, skill tree etc. The only downsides I can think of is somehow messy inventory management (apparently, it was even worse before EE) and one stupid (and the worst) side quest. That's it. You can buy it for a reasonable price of 20 dollars on GOG, so there is no reason not to buy it. Expand
  19. Sep 12, 2013
    The Witcher 2 is the best RPG I played all generation. It has fantastic combat and exploration. The narrative is one of the best I have ever experienced and the characters are all interesting and enjoyable to interact with.

The graphics on PC are simply phenomenal and are easily some of the best graphics on PC. Many times in the game I had to just stop and take it all in. Such a beautiful game. Maxed out on my PC it actually looks as good as some "next gen" games.

Geralt of Rivia is simply a badass. One of the coolest characters in a game in quite some time.

I could go on and on about this game, but I don't have a lot of time right now. Suffice to say that it is in my top 5 best games of the generation and has left me hungering for more. I absolutely can't wait for The Witcher 3.
  20. Nov 9, 2013
    Best RPG I have played in a while. Incredibly engaging, beautifully crafted and really well planned out, this game is staying on my PC's hard drive for over a year and most games I have haven't even made it that long. I never got bored of Geralt of Rivia and his adventures.

The story of this game is really mature and incredibly engaging. Throughout the game I have made the choices that I would make in real life if I would be put up under same situations and that got me really engaged in the story. Plot twists really make sense and keep you engaged. I have completed almost all quests including side quests and I am still playing the game. :)

Graphics-wise Witcher 2 beats most RPG Games. I still can't believe it is a game from 2011, the graphics like that are only getting improved because of next gen consoles. Beautiful areas such as Ruins in Flotsam are really good to look at, just stand and enjoy the view.

Fighting is some of the best fighting I have seen. Geralt is a true sword master, but if you're not careful you will get him killed easily. You have to plan out and think about the fights. Different characters such as normal soldiers are easy to kill, but then you get more armored knights or even bosses which will kick your butt if you just jump in and fight.

The only problem was the lack of tutorial. I had to find out the controls of the game until half-way of the story for me to actually remember them. Some things I still cannot use after over a year of playing this game. The accents for English aren't the best either. Polish language is so much better in the sense of acting, because of the character and realism.

Overall 10 out of 10, really recommended for any RPG fans. Amazing story, graphics, fighting mechanism and really well executed overall.
  21. Dec 11, 2013
    This is by far the best RPG I have ever played. The graphics are amazing, the combat very satisfying (I only played the enhanced edition), the story is so deep and mature, its an amazing game and if you are a fan os RPG's, you should not only buy this game, but you should also play The Witcher 1 the get the best experience possible
  22. Dec 20, 2013
    This game can be difficult to start out on, however it's in depth gameplay, character development and rich storytelling make it my favorite RPG. It is a traditional RPG that takes the traditional style and does it very well. Let me repeat the story is amazing, and will have you waiting for the 3rd installment destined for the new gen consoles. If you stick to this game, filled with greatThis game can be difficult to start out on, however it's in depth gameplay, character development and rich storytelling make it my favorite RPG. It is a traditional RPG that takes the traditional style and does it very well. Let me repeat the story is amazing, and will have you waiting for the 3rd installment destined for the new gen consoles. If you stick to this game, filled with great combat, great writing and a unique and mysterious protagonist you will come to love it. It's an exemplum of what an RPG should be. Expand
  23. Apr 8, 2014
    I absolutely dejected the game after playing it for initial few hours probably because it was my first RPG experience. Eventually had to play the game because i had no other game left in my game library.
    And I'll accept that I totally enjoyed it. The story and its complexity leaves you spell bound. Every character has been so intricately designed and their voice acting is perfect. The more you explore the more it amazes you.
    Most game of this era have realistic graphics and it is no exception.
    So finally all those gamers like me who don't have much experience of the RPGs do try this game for sure.
    The only flaw in this game is its combat system which makes it pretty hard to kill multiple enemies.
  24. Feb 19, 2014
    This has the best cinematic graphics I have ever witnessed! It's a shame that an i7 can't handle the game properly even in low specs, but after playing a few arena games just to try it out, the combat system improved A LOT from the first Witcher to now, and the attacks are more juicy.

Although I didn't experience the story, I strongly recommend the game.
  25. Sep 27, 2014
    One of the best rpg's of 2011 if not the best game is visually stunning and challenging combat especially on dark mode edrea queen 1 shotted me without quen love this game so much
  26. Jul 7, 2014
    Out of my limited selection, this is my favorite RPG game. It plays very similar to Skyrim - but comes out slightly ahead. While Skyrim has a better combat system and more content, The Witcher 2 gives you a much more meaningful story combined with colorful graphics, beautiful cities and good cinematics.
    For those who couldn't handle the p.o.s controls in TW1, The Witcher 2 gives a great recap of the previous title.
  27. Nov 30, 2014
    Awesome game. I was able to really get in and feel like the witcher, which was great. I had my own motivations that were very separate from the motivations of those around me, but the game never forced me to go along and really commit to a faction. Yes, I had to pick a side, but even after I picked that side they didn't much like me and I didn't much like them, we just needed each otherAwesome game. I was able to really get in and feel like the witcher, which was great. I had my own motivations that were very separate from the motivations of those around me, but the game never forced me to go along and really commit to a faction. Yes, I had to pick a side, but even after I picked that side they didn't much like me and I didn't much like them, we just needed each other for a brief time. The fact that a video game could carry that type of tension this well was incredible.
    The story unfolds gradually and each reveal feels important, interesting, and distinct. I never felt hurried by the plot, and the side quests all felt like something my Geralt would do. Combat is difficult without feeling like the game is cheating, which is important to me for game play. Some games you lose a fight and you say "oh comon, there's nothing I could have done about that" but in this game, every time I died I swore a few times and tried again because I knew it was my fault, not the game's, that I had died.
    I could hardly ask for a better game experience. The only reason I don't think it was perfect is because the combat, while difficult in all the right ways, did eventually feel repetitive. I kept taking the same potions every time, doing the same dodges, and firing off the same spell, or sign. Even though there are a lot of different possibilities, I played on the hardest difficulty and it felt like there was only ever one combination of things that gave me the best chance. It was still exciting and difficult to pull off, and the game didn't drag on so long that I felt completely bored by that combat, but it was repetitive nonetheless.

Overall an excellent game, and I will likely play through again to make some decisions differently than I did the first time. I may turn down the difficulty to save time though!
  28. Jan 26, 2015
    Story definitely one of the best I've ever played, comparable with Metro 2033/Last Light Redux, DA Origins and the like.

Voice acting plays an important role in this as it was great, again comparable to Metro 2033/LL, along with ME3. Immersion- existant but not to an extreme level. However in terms of choices, it is great and definitely makes you feel a part of the world but not

Immersion- existant but not to an extreme level. However in terms of choices, it is great and definitely makes you feel a part of the world but not necessarily in control of it. You have options and choices, they do affect the world but not to such a degree that you feel like you can do anything you want.

Graphics- pretty good, nothing particularly amazing nor bad about them. However I will say they did add to the immersion as the environments were perfectly crafted to show off the graphics and enhance the story behind things.

I'd say a solid 8 or 9, did a 9 since I can't choose 8.5
  29. Apr 27, 2015
    Near perfect RPG. Great characters, story, plot. The choices you make as a character do have consequences in the game. Depth and rich character/npc interaction. Great game if you like your games to be story rich. The game treats you as an intelligent adult. Some games you play are enjoyable right up to the end until you get hit with a completely ill thought out conclusion that can leaveNear perfect RPG. Great characters, story, plot. The choices you make as a character do have consequences in the game. Depth and rich character/npc interaction. Great game if you like your games to be story rich. The game treats you as an intelligent adult. Some games you play are enjoyable right up to the end until you get hit with a completely ill thought out conclusion that can leave you deflated and frustrated as you are left with a feeling that all the hours put into the game were completely pointless. This game does not do that. It is an enjoyable adventure with great characters which leaves you feeling that you got your moneys worth. Money well spent. Expand

1. Oct 21, 2011